PDA

View Full Version : JAY vs. JOSH: For the Record, Which Will Happen Last?

BroncoBuff
04-16-2009, 10:31 PM
This is my LAST WORD (basically) on the Jay vs. Josh thing .... I'm gonna clam up Friday night at midnight - one week before the draft.

So PICK ONE ... it's either one or the other. And in many ways, the winner of the trade will be determined by which of these choices becomes reality ....

OBF1
04-16-2009, 10:33 PM
Posters letting the entire thing go will be the last to happen.

tsiguy96
04-16-2009, 10:33 PM
doesnt matter. cutler did not want to be in denver as evidenced by the entire situation, and mcdaniels is still here and still the coach.

BroncoBuff
04-16-2009, 10:35 PM
I think it matters a lot ... in some ways, this will decide the winner of the trade.

Besides, I wanna get folks on the record ... I will revisit this in years to come.

Eldorado
04-16-2009, 10:38 PM
uhmm....its already happened.

BroncoBuff
04-16-2009, 10:39 PM
uhmm....its already happened.

You think Jay will never make the Pro Bowl again ... really?

lex
04-16-2009, 10:39 PM
I think it matters a lot ... in some ways, this will decide the winner of the trade.

Besides, I wanna get folks on the record ... I will revisit this in years to come.

Its problematic if youre trying to pin people down. People may pick A either because they think McDaniels will suck so bad that he will be gone really fast or they may pick A because they dont think Cutler will light it up right away. Youll have people in opposite camps picking the same answere for different reasons.

tsiguy96
04-16-2009, 10:40 PM
this is such a stupid question, it doesnt decide the winner of anything. first one to the super bowl wins, everything else is rebuilding for the next year when you make another run at the super bowl.

lex
04-16-2009, 10:41 PM
doesnt matter. cutler did not want to be in denver as evidenced by the entire situation, and mcdaniels is still here and still the coach.

Perhaps he didnt want to play for the Patriot.

Pseudofool
04-16-2009, 10:41 PM
Who cares about individual accolades? If we're given a choice to go on record, let it be about winning. As opposed to these convoluted choices.

broncocalijohn
04-16-2009, 10:46 PM
Not that I am a Cutler fan based on his attitude, I think he has at least 10 years of on again, off again top performances. I cant say McDaniels, who is fresh and young, will still be here. You just never know regardless of his record. I am going to say that both will be successful and Broncos will be the winner of the trade but Chicago will be happy with the pickup. Of course contract time could be a whole new drama. Will his personality (disorders) ruin his time with Chicago? As the World Turns.....

broncocalijohn
04-16-2009, 10:48 PM

no it wont. I choose 1 only based on the narrow questions. It doesnt answer anything but LA Times is interested in your work for their next slanted poll question.

BroncoBuff
04-16-2009, 10:48 PM
Who cares about individual accolades? If we're given a choice to go on record, let it be about winning. As opposed to these convoluted choices.

I see what you're saying ... but QBs W-L records can be very deceiving. The Pro Bowl is a better barometer of whether a guy is among the best 4 or 5 QBs in the game ... and I think Jay will be that long after Josh is out.

And tsiguy ... fine. you don't like the poll, then don't vote.

It's definitely not a perfect poll, but it has some relevance.

ludo21
04-16-2009, 10:55 PM
Option 1. Jay goes on to succeed in Chicago.

DBroncos4life
04-16-2009, 10:57 PM
I just want the Broncos to win

footstepsfrom#27
04-16-2009, 11:02 PM
I don't think we'll see another coach given the time that Shanny was. Bowlen has been fundamentally changed by the that experience. He's never going to have that kind of patience again, especially since he's getting older. McDaniels wll get 3 years to build a top 5 team and if he doesn't he'll be on his way out of town.

Popps
04-16-2009, 11:15 PM
First off, going to the Pro Bowl as a QB isn't necessarily a sign of anything. I won't bore you with a recent list, but we've had some real duds show up there.
Clearly, Cutler didn't deserve to be there this season.

In the NFC, unless Warner has another big year, it'll be Brees in the Pro Bowl, with a couple of guys in the Romo/Eli/Rogers range potentially going in with them.

Meaning, Cutler could put up another "great" season like last year... throw for a lot of yardage, mediocre TD/INT ratio, and make the Pro Bowl due to not much competition.

So, him landing in a Pro Bowl really won't concern me.

Again, I'm interested in wins, at this point. Not winning because of a quarterback, or fantasy football statistics.

summerdenver
04-16-2009, 11:47 PM
I always felt that Jay will have a very successful career. IMO at the very least he will have a career similar to Steve McNair or Hasselback. If he improves his game at the rate he has done in the first 3 years for a couple more years he will be a dominant player at his position for a 5-10 year period.

Josh on the other hand is a ? so far to me. I will have to see him coach few games before I can decide. My gut feel is that like BB and Shanny, he will learn from the mistakes but ultimately will be more successful in his second stint.

Oh I am still Broncos fan but will support Jay whem we don't play his team.

Crushaholic
04-17-2009, 12:48 AM
I have to hope that McDaniels wins enough games that the Broncos will want him as the coach for a very long time...:thumbs:

BroncoInferno
04-17-2009, 01:22 AM
Is it not possible that both teams win? What if Cutler is a multiple Pro Bowler, AND we get three quality starters with our Cutler picks and Orton is a solid player for us?

BroncoMan4ever
04-17-2009, 02:08 AM
Its problematic if youre trying to pin people down. People may pick A either because they think McDaniels will suck so bad that he will be gone really fast or they may pick A because they dont think Cutler will light it up right away. Youll have people in opposite camps picking the same answere for different reasons.

i'm looking at it this way. i think McDaniels will be gone in 4 years when his contract is up, i doubt he gets a new deal, and wouldn't surprise me if he is fired before his deal expires.

but i am looking at what i think will be happening in 5 years, and i truly feel that Jay will be a perenial pro bowler and may already have a ring or is about to get one, while we are looking for a new coach and quite possibly still looking for a franchise QB.

however, i am now in the group that is saying Jay didn't want to be here, so **** him. i also think McDaniels is a moron, but i want him to succeed and become known as a genius and incredible coach while he is in Denver and lead this team to championships again.

Rohirrim
04-17-2009, 07:47 AM
Jay who?

Inkana7
04-17-2009, 07:50 AM
For the record, will Buff ever stop talking about this using stupid logic?

LonghornBronco
04-17-2009, 08:01 AM
I have a feeling Pat is going to regret not being more patient with Jay in the end. I honestly believe Jay would have reported this w/e and all of this would have been worked through once Jay and Josh started concentraiting on football and not comparing genitals.

I love the bronco's but think they made a big mistake letting a rare commodity break loose.

LonghornBronco
04-17-2009, 08:05 AM
One more thing. IMO Jay was coerced by his agent to put up a stink with greed being the motivation. He even said publicly he didn't "want this" and if you read between the lines what he left out, "I wanted a new contract". Who knows maybe this was verballized behind closed doors and Pat couldn't afford it....

BroncoBuff
04-17-2009, 08:49 AM
For the record, will Buff ever stop talking about this using stupid logic?

Hahaha ... Ink, I told you I'm going silent on this whole thig (basically) tonight at midnight, I said that in the first post here!

YOU CAN HOLD UNTIL THEN! GRIP TIGHT! ;D

BroncoBuff
04-17-2009, 08:54 AM
I have a feeling Pat is going to regret not being more patient with Jay in the end. I honestly believe Jay would have reported this w/e and all of this would have been worked through once Jay and Josh started concentraiting on football and not comparing genitals.
I agree ... Jay said he would attend all mandatories. And he seemed genuinely surprised when the trade happened.

I love the bronco's but think they made a big mistake letting a rare commodity break loose.
Totally agree. Jay wet his diaper big time ... but we could have and should have weathered the tantrum. All would have been forgotten by training camp. Funny thing is, in the NBA and MLB, the star player would've won this feud, hands down. Especially over a brand new head coach.

Shoemaker
04-17-2009, 09:20 AM
I agree ... Jay said he would attend all mandatories. And he seemed genuinely surprised when the trade happened.

Now see, I was under the impression that that comment was just Cutler trying to spin the media so he would look more favorable to his next team.

How in the world could he have actually been surprised he got traded? How could he say he "didn't want to be traded" after he formally requested a trade?

I'm starting to lean towards the school of thought that Cutler had wanted out of here since Shanahan and especially Bates got canned, and the whole "Cassel trade" thing just gave him an excuse to worm his way out of town.

TUG
04-17-2009, 09:32 AM
Jay wanted out so screw him. I am a Bronco fan and couldn't give two cents about the Bears new QB. For my teams sake I hope he sucks and they get a high pick out of the Bears next year. Players have come and gone but the team is what matters.

tsiguy96
04-17-2009, 09:37 AM

Totally agree. Jay wet his diaper big time ... but we could have and should have weathered the tantrum. All would have been forgotten by training camp. Funny thing is, in the NBA and MLB, the star player would've won this feud, hands down. Especially over a brand new head coach.

you dont insult the owner of the team and absolutely flat out refuse to talk to anyone relating to hte broncos and expect for it to all blow over.

tsiguy96
04-17-2009, 09:39 AM
this is very, very stupid btw. this is a team sport.

first team to the superbowl wins the trade. sound good?

BroncoBuff
04-17-2009, 10:23 AM
How in the world could he have actually been surprised he got traded? How could he say he "didn't want to be traded" after he formally requested a trade?
Totally true, totally true ... his surprised reaction and his first reaction, the nonsensical statement "I didn't want this" says to me he was surprisd. I think he was planning to show at the mnandatory minicamp. But I think Im in the minority there.

I'm starting to lean towards the school of thought that Cutler had wanted out of here since Shanahan and especially Bates got canned, and the whole "Cassel trade" thing just gave him an excuse to worm his way out of town.
Fair enough ... he did behave like an angry 2 year-old. But my opinion continues to be that Jay was simply upset that Josh had misled him. And he was probaby right, Josh initially said, "we just fielded calls and said no." That's what Josh said AT FIRST. Later it came out thatthe talks were far more complex than that.

It's just too bad Jay overreacted, and too bad Josh didn't give him a mea culpa.

ZONA
04-17-2009, 10:24 AM
This crap yet again, for the love of God already. Who gives a damn.

YAWN

BroncoBuff
04-17-2009, 10:25 AM
this is very, very stupid btw. this is a team sport.

first team to the superbowl wins the trade. sound good?
Well, that's flawed too. Problem with that is, Jay could do great, but not win any Super Bowls.

I agree this poll is way flawed, maybe even gay :~ohyah!: ... measuring longevity is probably little proof of anything.

I think we'll all know which team - if either - wins.

you dont insult the owner of the team and absolutely flat out refuse to talk to anyone relating to hte broncos and expect for it to all blow over.
You're right ... I've said it a million times, Jay and his dirty diaper are the biggest fault for this fiasco.

I just wish the grownups had solved it. Shanahan would've solved it.

Paladin
04-17-2009, 11:12 AM

You are out of your fricking gourd, man. There are no winners or losers in a trade. There are only trades, and people do things in different unis. You have to have a "winner"? Why? Does that come from playng marbles and trying to count them to see who got the most? Who ficking cares about an imagnary "scoreboard" in your little mind? The trade happened. Forget it and move on.

Should have moved on two Fridays ago at midnight.

BroncoBuff
04-17-2009, 11:27 AM
You are out of your fricking gourd, man. There are no winners or losers in a trade. There are only trades, and people do things in different unis. You have to have a "winner"? Why? Does that come from playng marbles and trying to count them to see who got the most? Who ficking cares about an imagnary "scoreboard" in your little mind? The trade happened. Forget it and move on.

Should have moved on two Fridays ago at midnight.

LOL ... I don't deny a pretty strong streak of drama in HOW I've been stating my opinions, no doubt. But I think I've stated some important facts, and made some reasonable conclusions about Josh.

I disagree with your other point, though .... I think we will all know who the winner of this trade is. Either Jay will flame-out with an undermanned offense and show attitude problems .... or Josh will last 3-4 years and make too many mistakes in his first head job. Probaly somewhere in the middle. But I do think we'll eventually know who "won" the trade.