PDA

View Full Version : Skins want Sanchez?

Hercules Rockefeller
04-16-2009, 07:18 PM
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/2009-nfl-draft/more-on-orakpo-and-sanchez.html

I continue to hear that the Skins' primary focus is to move up to draft USC quarterback Mark Sanchez; however, if they do not and if Brian Orakpo is untaken at 13, he would be a frontrunner for them. (That is assuming Sanchez were off the board.) Moving up for Sanchez will likely require that the Redskins move to the third or fourth spot. Both Kansas City and Seattle are amenable to dealing down, according to sources. The New York Jets, who pick at 17, are the other team highly motivated to move up and get Sanchez.

Several sources have suggested the Redskins have begun to send out feelers on what it might take to get Seattle's pick, and the Seahawks, at this stage, would likely seek two first-round picks on the high end. That was a price the Redskins were willing to pay for Chad Johnson last year and Jay Cutler a few weeks back, although neither deal was completed.

He talks about Orapko too, and points out that he's visited Denver but the Broncos might choose to go for Jenkins or one of the tackles if they're there (WTF??? Raji is the only one worth that pick).

Where's Plummer???
04-16-2009, 07:20 PM
i dont get why the skins would want sanchez.. they got a good QB

Hercules Rockefeller
04-16-2009, 07:21 PM

One that Denver didn't want in any Cutler trade discussions, and one that no one would give up a 2nd round pick for that the Skins could then use in a package to trade for Cutler.

broncosteven
04-16-2009, 07:35 PM
I am Ok with it if Denver takes a 3rd QB at 12 or 18 but please do not move up to get him and waste the extra picks. If the guy falls to us that they want then great.

Get us a D this year then worry about a QB next year.

Why move up to draft a question mark?

Broncobiv
04-16-2009, 07:43 PM
Seriously...why would you want Sanchez when you have Colt Brennan??

Where's Plummer???
04-16-2009, 07:53 PM
considering campell had what? like 2 int's all season??... get a couple of the quarks he has cleared up get a better scheme for him he'll do great

Pony Boy
04-16-2009, 07:59 PM
I am Ok with it if Denver takes a 3rd QB at 12 or 18 but please do not move up to get him and waste the extra picks. If the guy falls to us that they want then great.

Yes sir! Get us defense this year. Give Orton a chance, he just might be the perfect fit. If not then get a Qb next year, I would take any of the top 3 or 4 Qbs next year.

SouthStndJunkie
04-16-2009, 08:04 PM
considering campell had what? like 2 int's all season??... get a couple of the quarks he has cleared up get a better scheme for him he'll do great

Campbell had 13 TDs and 6 INTs in 2008.

Broncobiv
04-16-2009, 08:06 PM
Hey, that's almost one TD per game! What an amazing talent!

Where's Plummer???
04-16-2009, 08:06 PM

ok well6.. still not bad.. the kids real consevative which i admit he could be a lil less conservative and get a few more TDs. but then a gain there not letting him throw the ball as much as i believe hes capable of. which i cant blame em they got portis.

lex
04-16-2009, 08:17 PM

If they draft a QB in the first, walk outside your house and look north. If you see fires, theres a strong chance that I may have started them.

Where's Plummer???
04-16-2009, 08:21 PM
If they draft a QB in the first, walk outside your house and look north. If you see fires, theres a strong chance that I may have started them.

LMAO!!!!!!

Rabb
04-16-2009, 08:25 PM

actually, I am with you on this one

I think anything but 2 defensive studs in the 1st will just make me smother kittens

TheDave
04-16-2009, 08:26 PM
I think all this hype is a desperate smokescreen by some teams in the top 10 looking to trade back.

Where's Plummer???
04-16-2009, 08:27 PM
actually, I am with you on this one

I think anything but 2 defensive studs in the 1st will just make me smother kittens

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6GmYGTQWtnU&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6GmYGTQWtnU&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

lazarus4444
04-16-2009, 09:37 PM
You can also look south to Colorado Springs and see the smoke rising there if we go QB in the 1st round.

Where's Plummer???
04-16-2009, 09:37 PM
You can also look south to Colorado Springs and see the smoke rising there if we go QB in the 1st round.

tell me where your gonna start it and ill show up to help!

Paladin
04-16-2009, 09:44 PM
I think San Fran will take Sanchez if he falls to them.

Tombstone RJ
04-17-2009, 08:18 AM
I've never seen so much hype about a QB like Sanchez. I think Sanchez has many teams and the NFLN in a lather because he says all the right things and he's coming out of USC.

IMHO, he's a late first round QB that is gonna have to sit a year or two before he's ready to play.

no-pseudo-fan
04-17-2009, 08:28 AM
WE WILL NOT BE DRAFTING A QB IN THE 1ST ROUND!!!!!

If we wanted Sanchez or whoever why deal Cutler to the Bears? Wash picks at 13. Why insist on Orton? If our plan was to draft a QB, I see us taking the higher of the picks this year.

If we draft a QB in the first and trade up to do so, I will set my dog on fire.

Breaker
04-17-2009, 08:52 AM

Hell I will burn mother ****ing Denver to the ground!!!

Besides if we draft D and suck, we would be inline for either Tebow or Bradford next year. If we do well then Orton or Simms is the right guy, either way you can wait a year to give it a shot if that is what you decide to do.

elsid13
04-17-2009, 08:56 AM

You don't watch a lot skins game do you. Campbell isn't very good, at best he is good journeyman QB that is a back-up that can come in a win a couple of games if the starter goes down.

DrFate
04-17-2009, 09:05 AM
At some point some on this board will finally smell the coffee and realize the Skins are doing everything short of hiring Jeff Gillooly to get rid of Campbell.

He is not very good.

Hercules Rockefeller
04-17-2009, 09:10 AM
At some point some on this board will finally smell the coffee and realize the Skins are doing everything short of hiring Jeff Gillooly to get rid of Campbell.

He is not very good.

But that would just be an acknowledgement that Denver got the better end of another deal with them. All that given up for a guy who they're trying to dump after 4 seasons.

Los Broncos
04-17-2009, 09:41 AM
The Skins want a dirty Sanchez.

HAT
04-17-2009, 10:17 AM
Tebow

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

HILife
04-17-2009, 11:20 AM

The matches were supplied by yours truely

oubronco
04-17-2009, 02:35 PM

ROFL! LOL Hilarious!

Taco John
04-17-2009, 03:30 PM

I'd rather have Plummer back than take Campbell...

Bronx33
04-17-2009, 04:02 PM
I'd rather have Plummer back than take Campbell...

Ummmm!!!!! i don't! errrrrr ummmmm well ok but it would only be a last resort ok.