PDA

View Full Version : The Official 2009 NBA Playoffs Thread (M)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Man-Goblin
04-16-2009, 03:31 PM
Here's your bracket:

http://www.printyourbrackets.com/images/nbabracketthumb%20copy.jpg

REACT! (go Nuggets).

Inkana7
04-16-2009, 03:37 PM
Portland looked awesome last night.

24champ
04-16-2009, 03:39 PM
http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/PHOTOFILE/AABK030%7EKobe-Bryant-with-2000-Championship-Trophy-Photofile-Posters.jpg

HEAV
04-16-2009, 03:39 PM
Bulls will beat the Celtics.

Man-Goblin
04-16-2009, 03:43 PM

True. Good thing for the Nuggets, though, is that they have a habit of immediately playing very well after games in which they get embarassed. Plus, they won't have to face the Blazers again unless they unexplicably see them in the West finals.

I'm pretty confident going into the New Orleans series.

My gut says Nuggets in 5.

Where's Plummer???
04-16-2009, 03:43 PM
i think it'll be the magic and (hopefully) the nuggets. its gonna be tuff for em to beat the Lakers

Inkana7
04-16-2009, 03:46 PM
True. Good thing for the Nuggets, though, is that they have a habit of immediately playing very well after games in which they get embarassed. Plus, they won't have to face the Blazers again unless they unexplicably see them in the West finals.

4-1 against the Hornets? Chris Paul will take it to 6 just through will power. New Orleans is dangerous when healthy and Chandler is finally playing again.

Man-Goblin
04-16-2009, 03:48 PM
4-1 against the Hornets? Chris Paul will take it to 6 just through will power. New Orleans is dangerous when healthy and Chandler is finally playing again.

The Hornets are all banged up and they really aren't that good at home. 6 is certainly realistic, but I just think the Nuggs can take them in 5.

Inkana7
04-16-2009, 03:58 PM
With Garnett out, the East is the Cavs to lose. There are some dangerous teams out there though. The Magic scare me more than the Celtics, but with Home Court, I don't think we can be stopped. I mean, our JV Squad took the 76ers to OT last night.

broncofan2438
04-16-2009, 04:09 PM

Yup, that sounds about right

Master___Pain
04-16-2009, 04:17 PM
Go Nuggs

http://www.sportslogos.net/images/logos/6/229/full/5991.gif

Punisher
04-16-2009, 05:02 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/I_qRhkCozqA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/I_qRhkCozqA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

broncswin
04-16-2009, 05:05 PM

Denver had nothing to play for, they found out Houston lost and gift wrapped them the two seed right before tip off.:thumbsup:

Punisher
04-16-2009, 05:12 PM
Lakers vs Jazz:Lakers win in game 6

Blazers vs Rockets:Blazers win in game 7

Spurs vs Mavs:Spurs win in game 6

Nuggs vs Hornets:Nuggs win in game 6

Cavs vs Pistons:Cavs win in game 5

hawks vs heat:Hawks win in game 6

Magic vs sixers:Magic win in game 6

Boston vs Bulls:Boston wins in game 6

ro_50
04-16-2009, 06:06 PM
The underlining stories to this year's playoffs could be KG's injury on the East and Manu being out on the West.

It's going to be tough for any team in both conferences to knock off either the Lakers or Cavs in a seven game series.

I hope my Spurs can muster at least one playoff series win in this year's playoff.

I'm just enjoying the ride of whatever happens w/ the Spurs. There's no pressure on them and their legacy has already been cemented.

Los Broncos
04-16-2009, 06:14 PM
Lakers will go right through the west to the finals.

SonOfLe-loLang
04-16-2009, 06:16 PM
LeBron James is an absolute beast and the first actual heir-apparent to Michael Jordan. Im not saying the Cavs will win, but i ain't bettin against em

Punisher
04-16-2009, 06:16 PM
Lakers are going to win 4 championship in a row!

spdirty
04-16-2009, 06:27 PM
Typical ****in NBA. First game is Sunday night (a weeknight) at 8:30, second is Wednesday night (a weeknight) at 8:30, then game 3 is Saturday at 11.

Think NO is Central time, so those poor bastards that want to watch their NBA team won't be able to go to bed till around 1. I wont get to bed till midnight.

uggh.

BTW, I sure as hell hope the Sterns win their first round series. Id love to see my Nugs take em out 2nd round.

ro_50
04-16-2009, 08:33 PM
Typical ****in NBA. First game is Sunday night (a weeknight) at 8:30, second is Wednesday night (a weeknight) at 8:30, then game 3 is Saturday at 11.

Think NO is Central time, so those poor bastards that want to watch their NBA team won't be able to go to bed till around 1. I wont get to bed till midnight.

uggh.

BTW, I sure as hell hope the Sterns win their first round series. Id love to see my Nugs take em out 2nd round.

LOL, are you referring to the Spurs or Mavs as the "Sterns"?

If its the Spurs, well that just makes me laugh.

Wes Mantooth
04-16-2009, 08:35 PM
Go Blazers!

spdirty
04-16-2009, 08:42 PM
LOL, are you referring to the Spurs or Mavs as the "Sterns"?

If its the Spurs, well that just makes me laugh.

Ive called em that since the '07 Semis.

ro_50
04-16-2009, 08:52 PM
LOL, I merely laugh at people who insist that Suns-Spurs series was somehow given to the Spurs by Stern. LOL.

Get over it, it was two years ago.

No one wants to talk about the fact it was a rule and they did step on the court. I don't like the rule but in 2003, Robinson took one step onto the court in game 1 AGAINST THE SUNS in the first round and didn't play in Game 2.

Robinson didn't whine about nor the team, they just went out and played the hand they were dealt.

I don't understand as a lifelong Spurs fan why some people have a lot of resent against the Spurs.

Unlike the Pats, with hoody Bellichick and Spygate, the Spurs carry themselves in a quiet but classy manner and always respect other teams and players.

It starts at the top w/ Pop and trickles down to the players.

You can call Bowen dirty, Manu flops (everyone flops in the NBA) but at the end of the day, Spurs are not the "Sterns" and anyone who says that needs to get over it.

spdirty
04-16-2009, 09:06 PM
LOL, I merely laugh at people who insist that Suns-Spurs series was somehow given to the Spurs by Stern. LOL.

Get over it, it was two years ago.

No one wants to talk about the fact it was a rule and they did step on the court. I don't like the rule but in 2003, Robinson took one step onto the court in game 1 AGAINST THE SUNS in the first round and didn't play in Game 2.

Robinson didn't whine about nor the team, they just went out and played the hand they were dealt.

I don't understand as a lifelong Spurs fan why some people have a lot of resent against the Spurs.

Unlike the Pats, with hoody Bellichick and Spygate, the Spurs carry themselves in a quiet but classy manner and always respect other teams and players.

It starts at the top w/ Pop and trickles down to the players.

You can call Bowen dirty, Manu flops (everyone flops in the NBA) but at the end of the day, Spurs are not the "Sterns" and anyone who says that needs to get over it.

I started calling them that since then but wouldve quit soon after had it not been for a buddy of mine who, since '05, will call me every single time the Sterns win a playoff game just to say "never underestimate the heart of a champion." And every time he calls me to tell me how great they are I respond with some stupid one-liner about how Stern loves the Spurs and does whatever it takes to help them win, from the semis to the Joey Crawford incident and Crawfords suspension. Doesn't take much to get his lil panties wound up and By God he gets defensive of his team, just like you are. ;D

Anyway, this is for you ro. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxwd58mzBMM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ym4O6tf4Chk&feature=related

God though, how sweet it would be to play and beat the Sterns in round 2. That lil ****er would never live it down.

FADERPROOF
04-16-2009, 10:33 PM

uggh.

Just curious and try not to take this the wrong way but why is it that Nuggets fans seems to think that the NBA's league office has the sole purpose of screwing the Nuggets?

spdirty
04-16-2009, 10:36 PM
Just curious and try not to take this the wrong way but why is it that Nuggets fans seems to think that the NBA's league office has the sole purpose of screwing the Nuggets?

cuz its true.

FADERPROOF
04-16-2009, 10:37 PM
Onto real playoff talk...

The West is the Lakers, best chance they have for an upset is against the Rockets in the WCF, and that's a big if.

In the East it should be the Cavs, Boston probably wont even make the conference finals now with Garnett out and Orlando is scary but Van Gundy is a panic attack waiting to happen and I still doubt the strength of a 3-ball team in a seven game series...eventually those 3's aren't going to drop and they need to be on for all games.

Lakers vs Cavs would be a great match-up for the title, not to mention the cash grab that it will bring in with Kobe and LeBron in it.

Inkana7
04-17-2009, 08:46 AM
Onto real playoff talk...

The West is the Lakers, best chance they have for an upset is against the Rockets in the WCF, and that's a big if.

In the East it should be the Cavs, Boston probably wont even make the conference finals now with Garnett out and Orlando is scary but Van Gundy is a panic attack waiting to happen and I still doubt the strength of a 3-ball team in a seven game series...eventually those 3's aren't going to drop and they need to be on for all games.

Lakers vs Cavs would be a great match-up for the title, not to mention the cash grab that it will bring in with Kobe and LeBron in it.

Dude, the Rockets won't be getting out of the 1st round. The Lakers's biggest test will be against the Blazers, mainly because they haven't beaten them at home since Kareem was there.

montrose
04-17-2009, 09:01 AM
The Hornets are tough matchup. Paul always gives the Nugz fits and spot-up shooters like Peja seem to give them problems as well. With that, if this group is ever going to get out of the 1st round - this is the year. I must say I can't describe how pissed I am about Karl harping on getting out the 1st round as the team's goal. Sure we may all know it is, but way to set your sights high Coach. I mean, we're the #2 seed in the West - your goal should be to go all the way!

ro_50
04-17-2009, 09:38 AM
I started calling them that since then but wouldve quit soon after had it not been for a buddy of mine who, since '05, will call me every single time the Sterns win a playoff game just to say "never underestimate the heart of a champion." And every time he calls me to tell me how great they are I respond with some stupid one-liner about how Stern loves the Spurs and does whatever it takes to help them win, from the semis to the Joey Crawford incident and Crawfords suspension. Doesn't take much to get his lil panties wound up and By God he gets defensive of his team, just like you are. ;D

Anyway, this is for you ro. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxwd58mzBMM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ym4O6tf4Chk&feature=related

God though, how sweet it would be to play and beat the Sterns in round 2. That lil ****er would never live it down.

For people that know me, I rarely talk trash!

Your fan is obviously obnoxious and every team has fans like that.

Seems like your disdain stems from your friend constantly saying that outdated Rudy T line after the Rockets won the title in 1995.

If the Nuggets and Spurs meet, it will be an interesting series but that hasn't been decided yet.

Honestly, I'm not worried about that because the Spurs have their hands full with the Mavs in Round 1.

And the Nuggs-Hornets series will be entertaining as well.

I'm impressed with the job George Karl has done w/ that team, especially the injuries they've had thus far.

spdirty
04-17-2009, 09:44 AM
For people that know me, I rarely talk trash!

Your fan is obviously obnoxious and every team has fans like that.

Seems like your disdain stems from your friend constantly saying that outdated Rudy T line after the Rockets won the title in 1995.

Eh, he's cool. Just fun to banter back n forth with him about it, and now its even more fun. He's now in the past accomplishments stage, and I keep tellin him to quit looking in the past. Its fun good spirited trash talk.

If the Nuggets and Spurs meet, it will be an interesting series but that hasn't been decided yet.

Honestly, I'm not worried about that because the Spurs have their hands full with the Mavs in Round 1.

And the Nuggs-Hornets series will be entertaining as well.

I'm impressed with the job George Karl has done w/ that team, especially the injuries they've had thus far.

Yeah, I'm just looking forward hoping both the Nugs and Sterns win their opening round series. Make the semis quite a bit of fun since we would appear to have the upper hand in that one.

Natedog24
04-17-2009, 10:21 AM
Go Blazers!

Rockets are a horrible matchup for us but we do have homecourt advantage for this series and I think that be enough to get us by in 7.

FADERPROOF
04-17-2009, 11:53 AM
Dude, the Rockets won't be getting out of the 1st round. The Lakers's biggest test will be against the Blazers, mainly because they haven't beaten them at home since Kareem was there.

McGrady is out for the season, so they have a shot of getting out of the 1st round.

If they lose before reaching the conference finals, then there's not a punchers chance in hell that the Lakers don't win the west.

broncswin
04-17-2009, 12:20 PM
McGrady is out for the season, so they have a shot of getting out of the 1st round.

If they lose before reaching the conference finals, then there's not a punchers chance in hell that the Lakers don't win the west.

They play better without McGrady...just saying:sunshine:

ro_50
04-17-2009, 05:08 PM
Eh, he's cool. Just fun to banter back n forth with him about it, and now its even more fun. He's now in the past accomplishments stage, and I keep tellin him to quit looking in the past. Its fun good spirited trash talk.

Yeah, I'm just looking forward hoping both the Nugs and Sterns win their opening round series. Make the semis quite a bit of fun since we would appear to have the upper hand in that one.

You're right. What happened in the past is the past but as a Spurs fan and with their window closing soon, it's good to look back and reflect on what they accomplished.

I think the Nuggs will have the upper hand if they faced the Spurs but both teams have tough first round matchups respectively.

TheManeMan
04-17-2009, 05:28 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2fiZjER5E68&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2fiZjER5E68&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Here is the most recent BS the Spurs have pulled out...

Beantown Bronco
04-17-2009, 07:33 PM
Lakers are going to win 4 championship in a row!

puff puff give man. You're f'ing up the rotation.

lex
04-17-2009, 07:36 PM
Im glad Chicago made it in. Theyve been playing pretty well lately. Im glad Rose will be able to get his feet wet in the playoffs as a rookie. It will give him something to build on in the future. The Celtics are pretty good even withouth Garnett so it might be a short series but its kind of fun still.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
04-17-2009, 08:22 PM
Kenny Smith: Lakers v. Cavs in finals, Lakers in 6.

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/?cl=13027883

Today, the ESPN panel of Mash, Jalen, and Avery Johnson all called it for the Lake Show as well...

Inkana7
04-17-2009, 09:06 PM
ESPN said it, it must be so. Cancel the playoffs. They're an exercise in futility at this point.

Boobs McGee
04-17-2009, 09:30 PM
Lakers vs Nuggs in the west. After the nuggs go six with the hornets, they come back and sweep the spurs.

Lake show takes it in 5 with the jazz, same with portland.

I think we win it in 6, better luck next year nuggies.

Lakers beat the magic in 5.

WHOOPTY WHOOP

spdirty
04-17-2009, 10:36 PM
Lakers vs Nuggs in the west. After the nuggs go six with the hornets, they come back and sweep the spurs.

Lake show takes it in 5 with the jazz, same with portland.

I think we win it in 6, better luck next year nuggies.

Lakers beat the magic in 5.

WHOOPTY WHOOP

Id take that. But the Magic won't beat the Cavs.

bombay
04-17-2009, 10:38 PM
The Nuggets have a fair shot at getting through two playoff series on the winning side. That's enough of a goal for starters.

FADERPROOF
04-18-2009, 11:51 AM
They play better without McGrady...just saying:sunshine:

Yes...and so am I.

Punisher
04-18-2009, 12:19 PM
The Bulls and Boston game is getting good

Broncosfreak_56
04-18-2009, 12:33 PM
Derrick Rose is amazing.

Punisher
04-18-2009, 12:51 PM
This is a good as ufcking game

Broncosfreak_56
04-18-2009, 01:39 PM
Chicago beats Boston. Wow.

lex
04-18-2009, 01:46 PM
Im glad Chicago made it in. Theyve been playing pretty well lately. Im glad Rose will be able to get his feet wet in the playoffs as a rookie. It will give him something to build on in the future. The Celtics are pretty good even withouth Garnett so it might be a short series but its kind of fun still.

36 points for Rose. So much for getting his feet wet. Its more like he dove in head first. Awesome game by the Bulls. I was kind of worried the Bulls would lose because Rose was getting no help other than from Noah. It was good that Gordon came on at the end. I hope this is an awesome series. I know a lot of people from Boston and it will be fun to see the Bulls make them sweat it out.

BTW, NBA refereeing never ceases to amaze me. It seems like half their calls are compromises and/or makeup calls. I cringe when a close game comes down to the wire because I fully expect a referee to start making stuff up.

DB-Freak
04-18-2009, 01:57 PM
Poohdini showing off his magic.

HEAV
04-18-2009, 02:17 PM
Bulls will beat the Celtics.

Good start for the young Bulls.

Inkana7
04-18-2009, 03:07 PM
LeBron James is really good at basketball.

Boobs McGee
04-18-2009, 04:20 PM
Id take that. But the Magic won't beat the Cavs.

dont watch a WHOLE lot of eastern conference games, but I think Howard's the best center in the game right now. If hedo or lewis start hittin threes....you HAVE to at least double howard and that option goes out the window. That's why I was so curious about the cleveland big men. Howard's just a beast, and unless he gets in foul trouble early, or the three isn't falling, I think the edge goes to the Magic. No matter HOW amazing lebron is.

lex
04-18-2009, 04:23 PM
dont watch a WHOLE lot of eastern conference games, but I think Howard's the best center in the game right now. If hedo or lewis start hittin threes....you HAVE to at least double howard and that option goes out the window. That's why I was so curious about the cleveland big men. Howard's just a beast, and unless he gets in foul trouble early, or the three isn't falling, I think the edge goes to the Magic. No matter HOW amazing lebron is.

When you have a player like LeBron, he is in a better position to put Howard in foul trouble than the other way around.

Boobs McGee
04-18-2009, 04:43 PM
When you have a player like LeBron, he is in a better position to put Howard in foul trouble than the other way around.

because he has more of a superstar status? because of his actual style of play? I'm not following you, Please explain

lex
04-18-2009, 04:50 PM
because he has more of a superstar status? because of his actual style of play? I'm not following you, Please explain

LeBron can play on the perimeter AND take it into the paint. He is one of the best in the league at taking it to the basket. He can create his own shot. Dwight Howard needs an entry pass, plus if he's guarding the basket, he is in a position where he would likely have to fould LeBron because of LeBrons effectiveness at getting to the basket. It used to be similar with Jordan. Guys in the post typically had no choice but to foul.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
04-18-2009, 04:56 PM
Kobe set to Win 4th NBA Title

http://www.newsrecord.org/polopoly_fs/1.1717366%21image/1040429695.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_260/1040429695.jpg
By: Pete Marx

Is this going to be the year LeBron James leads the Cleveland Cavaliers to its first NBA Championship in franchise history? Nope.

The Cavaliers locked up home court advantage throughout the playoffs and finished the regular season with the best record in the league, but there is one team that is going to stand in their way – the Los Angeles Lakers.

Cleveland has a great team and they should make it to the finals, but the Lakers hold several key advantages over the Cavs.

In honor of Kobe Bryant winning his fourth NBA Championship, here are four reasons why the Lakers, not the Cavs, will take home the title.

1) The Lakers were 2-0 against Cleveland this season and handed the Cavs, who held a 39-1 home record, its only home loss of the year on Feb. 8.

Los Angeles beat Cleveland by at least 10 points in both games and more importantly, LeBron was held to a combined 14-for-45 shooting from the field.

2) The Lakers have an easier road to the finals.

Los Angeles finished the season with a 10.5 game lead in the western conference and the only opponents who have a chance at knocking them out of the playoffs are the San Antonio Spurs, Portland Trail Blazers and the Denver Nuggets.

All of the teams I just mentioned are solid, but they all have at least one major flaw.

The Blazers are a talented team, but they are also very young. The Blazers didn’t make the playoffs last season and no team in NBA history has won the championship after not making the playoffs the previous season.

The Spurs have lots of experience, but their roster is very old and I don’t think they have another championship run left in them.

Cleveland’s road to the finals will be much tougher.

Cleveland will be tested during the playoffs and if they make it to the finals they wont be as rested as the Lakers.

3) Los Angeles has the most depth in the NBA.

The Lakers were without Andrew Bynum last season when they lost to the Celtics in the NBA Finals, and now that he his back and healthy, Los Angeles has one of the premier frontcourts in the league.

With Bynum at center it allows Pau Gasol to return to his natural position at power forward and moves Lamar Odem into the sixth man role, where he will come off the bench.

Bynum, who is averaging 14.3 points, eight rebounds and 1.8 blocks per game this season, is one of the main keys to the Lakers success, and if he can stay healthy, watch out.

4) Kobe Bryant, enough said.

LeBron will most likely win the MVP this year, but Kobe is a better pure scorer and has a more developed long distance and mid-range game.

Kobe hasn’t been able to win a championship since Shaq was traded, but this is the year he finally puts it all together.

Sorry LeBron, like Michael Jordan, you too will have to wait at least until your sixth year before you win a NBA Championship. And for all you “witnesses” out there: Yea, Kobe’s better than LeBron.

http://www.newsrecord.org/sections/sports/kobe-set-to-win-fourth-nba-title-1.1717347

Boobs McGee
04-18-2009, 05:09 PM
LeBron can play on the perimeter AND take it into the paint. He is one of the best in the league at taking it to the basket. He can create his own shot. Dwight Howard needs an entry pass, plus if he's guarding the basket, he is in a position where he would likely have to fould LeBron because of LeBrons effectiveness at getting to the basket. It used to be similar with Jordan. Guys in the post typically had no choice but to foul.

Gotcha

DB-Freak
04-18-2009, 05:11 PM
Howard can be neutralized rather easily at times. He really needs to play hard for his style of play to work since he really doesn't have the pure scoring skills some of the refined back to the basket centers like Al Jefferson have or the versatile Outside and Inside package that Amare has.

Broncosfreak_56
04-18-2009, 08:08 PM
Dallas giving SA all they can handle.

24champ
04-19-2009, 02:13 PM
Lakers up 22 at halftime.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_U7lEiq_BKY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_U7lEiq_BKY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Karenin
04-19-2009, 02:23 PM
God is punishing the Jazz for playing on Sunday

TDmvp
04-19-2009, 02:43 PM
And for all you “witnesses” out there: Yea, Kobe’s better than LeBron.
[/INDENT]
http://www.newsrecord.org/sections/sports/kobe-set-to-win-fourth-nba-title-1.1717347

I bought almost everything in that post till that line .....

I'm not sure Kobe is or was ever as good as Lebron as far as total game ...

Scoring maybe ... But Lebron does so much Kobe don't or won't do .

Kobe is a great scorer (but so is Lebron) ... and Kobe is a great defender .
But passing and inside D and making other guys around him better all goes Lebron and he will only get better ... Kobe needs stars around him a little more ... No way Kobe gets that team to the finals Lebron did a few years back ...

Kobe and the Lakers was a after thought when it was "just" the Kobe show ...
with no chance in the west . Until they became what everyone calls the deepest team in the nba , only then did it look like Kobe may get a title without shaq . Imagine Lebron on that team . do you think they lay down last year to the Celts ? ... DO you think they blow the 20+ point lead ?

I just don't think Kobe has what we seen in Lebron vs Detroit a few years ago. When Kobe feels his team mates folding / giving up he pouts and licks his lips and acts like a teen still and folds with them LIKE in the 20 point meltdown vs Boston lastyear ...... Where Lebron just loads up the wagon and pulls it ...

M.J. had this ability to just will wins back in the day . Lebron is the first I have seen since to have some of that same will ...

Kobe reminds me of Drexler (with a little better D) ....
Great scorer , pure shooter , great front runner .

But in the Playoffs , when it was their team they couldn't get it done .
and Only when they was with other starts do they shine ...

TheChamp24
04-19-2009, 03:48 PM
Thats a good analysis TDMVP about Kobe and Lebron. I think Kobe is a better scorer than Drexler was, but I do agree, the Lakers couldn't do anything when it was primarily the Kobe show, and now that they have great depth with also an All Star forward in Gasol, they are legitimate title contenders.

Lebron is better than Kobe IMO. Lebron needs to get better at free throws though. Lebron also has posted a higher shooting percentage every year but his rookie year than Kobe has his highest in a season. Thats amazing to me.
I don't know if the Cavs have the amount to win though, because in the playoffs you need another guy to step up.
I never thought Lebron would become this good with all the hype he had, but he has surpassed my expectations.

cutthemdown
04-19-2009, 03:52 PM
Lakers will go right through the west to the finals.

Kobe and Lebron going at it would be epic, and the NBA would love it, and they are 2 best teams, so yeah I have to agree.

We should sell a kidney and try and get some tickets to a game. You sell yours first and then if we still don't have enough I will throw in some of that 420 to make the diff up?8')

cutthemdown
04-19-2009, 03:55 PM
Lakers won but I think there defense will need to get better

broncofan7
04-19-2009, 03:55 PM
Let's GO 76ers! If we only had a consistent perimeter player............

lex
04-19-2009, 04:18 PM
Let's GO 76ers! If we only had a consistent perimeter player............

If both the Bulls and Sixers were to pull off upsets, they would play, no? They dont re-seed now, do they? Ive heard talk of doing that.

ro_50
04-19-2009, 04:25 PM
Gotta give the Mavs credit for winning game 1.

Spurs don't have enough outside of TD and TP to contend w/ the Mavs if they are playing like that.

I hope they can bounce back in game 2 and Pop needs to bench Bonner and play Gooden more. I don't get Pop's obsession with Thomas and Bonner playing over Gooden.

Gooden makes mistakes and is inconsistent on D, but he's a better scorer than both of them and could help out TD.

But that aside, they must play better.

ro_50
04-19-2009, 04:29 PM
D. Rose is just plain special and what he did in game 1 against the Celtics -- even without KG -- was truly remarkable for a rookie.

The other series, no surprises for me -- Lakers and Cavs showed in Game 1 they are going to beat really tough to beat.

And the Rockets played lock down D on the young Blazers.

I'm looking forward to the Hawks-Heat and Nuggets-Hornets series, both of those will be entertaining.

Man-Goblin
04-19-2009, 04:38 PM
I'm changing my prediction to Nuggets in 6. Yes, you should care, and yes, I'm allowed to do that.

Meck77
04-19-2009, 09:11 PM
Nugs 27
NO 25

End of the first period....

Man-Goblin
04-19-2009, 09:20 PM
Well, J.R. and Melo have been awful and they're still up by 4. I guess that's good, er something.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
04-19-2009, 09:46 PM
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uyRaR3jZcno&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uyRaR3jZcno&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

http://www.clublakers.com/forum/images/smilies/ball1.gif

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
04-19-2009, 09:49 PM
I'm not sure Kobe is or was ever as good as Lebron as far as total game ...

Ha!

Good one!

I'm sure LeBron would not agree with you there.

You would be hard pressed to find many players in the NBA who would agree with you either.

bombay
04-19-2009, 09:53 PM
Fair first half for the Nuggets. They played well enough to win this home game, but will have to pick it up on the road.

Broncosfreak_56
04-19-2009, 09:58 PM
Fair first half for the Nuggets. They played well enough to win this home game, but will have to pick it up on the road.

Melo started off a little slow, but I liked his aggressiveness in the second quarter, getting the hornets bigs in foul trouble.

bombay
04-19-2009, 10:01 PM
Melo started off a little slow, but I liked his aggressiveness in the second quarter, getting the hornets bigs in foul trouble.

Yeah. Carmelo still needs to settle a bit and realize that he's got the Man - Chauncey - on his team. Melo doesn't have to do it all as Chauncey more than neutralizes Paul. I do like it when Melo takes the ball to the hole, though, as you say.

24champ
04-19-2009, 10:11 PM

15 wins to go...

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/b7/fullj.88397d33e956a321500879aaffdd94d5/88397d33e956a321500879aaffdd94d5-getty-86012918ng026_jazz_lakers.jpg

Broncosfreak_56
04-19-2009, 10:12 PM
Paul gets treated like a ****ing princess, and acts like one too. What a bitch.

SureShot
04-19-2009, 10:27 PM
Chauncey is a stud.

Man-Goblin
04-19-2009, 10:33 PM
Nuggs-Hornets is going to be a great series. The two teams are beating the crap out of other and it's only game one.

The Nuggets are playing a lot like they played the Spurs two years ago. The series only went 5 and the Spurs went on to win it all. But all the games were close, and Duncan said afterward it was the most physical series he had ever been through.

The Nuggets can bang with the best of them.

Broncosfreak_56
04-19-2009, 10:35 PM
Chauncey is a bamf.

SouthStndJunkie
04-19-2009, 10:36 PM
Chauncey is lighting it up.

Thanks again, Detroit!

Broncosfreak_56
04-19-2009, 10:37 PM
Also, K-mart is owning west. GREAT defense by him.

bombay
04-19-2009, 10:38 PM
Good to see JR involved in the offense. He takes all the pressure off the big 2 when he's stroking it. Anyway, the vet is showing the kid his future tonight. Hope CP3 doesn't learn too fast.

lex
04-19-2009, 10:38 PM
D. Rose is just plain special and what he did in game 1 against the Celtics -- even without KG -- was truly remarkable for a rookie.

The other series, no surprises for me -- Lakers and Cavs showed in Game 1 they are going to beat really tough to beat.

And the Rockets played lock down D on the young Blazers.

I'm looking forward to the Hawks-Heat and Nuggets-Hornets series, both of those will be entertaining.

Its kind of interesting what has happened in the last year. Artest essentially replaces McGrady in Houston and Billups replaces AI in Denver and both Houston and Denver became better teams. Im sure some will casually dismiss it as aging or injuries but the Nuggets and Rockets are probably better than they were with AI and MacGrady healthy.

Broncosfreak_56
04-19-2009, 10:39 PM
Chauncey!!!b-b-b-billups!

SouthStndJunkie
04-19-2009, 10:39 PM
Wow....8/9 on 3 point shots now.

36 points.

rovolution
04-19-2009, 10:40 PM
Chauncey is ballin like no other right now...The old man can still play with the young guys a little!

Broncosfreak_56
04-19-2009, 10:46 PM
JR is on fire now.

Man-Goblin
04-19-2009, 10:50 PM
JR is on fire now.

This bodes well.

SureShot
04-19-2009, 10:51 PM
Chauncey is ballin like no other right now...The old man can still play with the young guys a little!

Easy there I went to school with him!

Broncosfreak_56
04-19-2009, 10:54 PM
Hornets finally broke a 21-0 scoring streak.

SouthStndJunkie
04-19-2009, 10:54 PM
That was a 21-0 run for the Nuggets.

Dagmar
04-19-2009, 10:57 PM
Scientists call this a raping. Call ye police.

spdirty
04-19-2009, 10:58 PM
AWESOME GAME 1.

15 to go!

BigPlayShay
04-19-2009, 11:01 PM
Chaunc3y is the man tonight!

Spotted in the crowd: Brian Dawkins, Andre Goodman, the Bailey Bros., Daniel Graham, Dre Bly (why is he still in town?).

BroncoDoug
04-19-2009, 11:01 PM
Chaunce found the fountain of youth for this one!!! Thats why he was brought here...

SouthStndJunkie
04-19-2009, 11:02 PM
Dre Bly (why is he still in town?).

He probably still lives in the area.

Where's Plummer???
04-19-2009, 11:03 PM
i like chauncey 10X's better than i like that baby Ive

SouthStndJunkie
04-19-2009, 11:03 PM
Nice dunk by the Birdman.

Dagmar
04-19-2009, 11:05 PM
108 - 75 so far. Jiminy Christmas...

Broncosfreak_56
04-19-2009, 11:08 PM
"Mr President, call in the National guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the (Hornets)! They need emergency help!"

rovolution
04-19-2009, 11:09 PM
Hornets looked completely demoralized. they should just end this game now.

Dagmar
04-19-2009, 11:12 PM
"Mr President, call in the National guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the (Hornets)! They need emergency help!"

Looks like they are getting as much help!

Broncosfreak_56
04-19-2009, 11:16 PM
Ugh, Stupid fan.

Boobs McGee
04-19-2009, 11:17 PM
wow, classy. Who the **** throws a beer bottle on the ****ing court

TDmvp
04-19-2009, 11:17 PM
One to many hehe ...

Boobs McGee
04-19-2009, 11:18 PM
nice win nuggies

24champ
04-19-2009, 11:18 PM
You stay classy Thugget fans...

Broncosfreak_56
04-19-2009, 11:20 PM

You are a stupid mother****er if you lump all nuggets fans with one idiot.

Where's Plummer???
predictions for a Nugs Vs. Lakes??

Man-Goblin

Yes, you are correct. Let's admonish the entire fan base because of one stupid, drunk idiot.

TDmvp
04-19-2009, 11:22 PM
You are a stupid mother****er of you lump all nuggets fans with one idiot.

speaking of one to many ...

http://i704.photobucket.com/albums/ww50/Theokhoth/English_Motherfer_Do_You_Speak_It_c.jpg

Tho I do agree Lumping is not cool LOL ...

Broncosfreak_56
04-19-2009, 11:24 PM
speaking of one to many ...

http://i704.photobucket.com/albums/ww50/Theokhoth/English_Motherfer_Do_You_Speak_It_c.jpg

Tho I do agree Lumping is not cool LOL ...

What on my post makes you think that I am drunk?

A laker troll called out all nuggets fans and I responded.

Dagmar

Let me preface this by saying you are and always have been one of my favourite posters on this site, but every fan base has idiots and labeling all of us, tarring us with that brush is remarkably harsh, and slightly immature.

Boobs McGee
predictions for a Nugs Vs. Lakes??

Already did. See my previous post...lakes win, but that'll be a HELLUVA series.

And p.s., if I find out one of my drunken idiot friends threw that damn bottle, you can all join me in a rousing game of beat the crap out of my drunken idiot friend that threw the damn bottle.

BigPlayShay
04-19-2009, 11:27 PM

How do you know it wasn't a Hornets fan?

DHallblows
04-19-2009, 11:30 PM
Chaunc3y is the man tonight!

Spotted in the crowd: Brian Dawkins, Andre Goodman, the Bailey Bros., Daniel Graham, Dre Bly (why is he still in town?).

Don't forget about Lil' Wayne!

BigPlayShay
04-19-2009, 11:31 PM
Don't forget about Lil' Wayne!

Silly me, I thought it was Big Wayne, I always get those 2 mixed up ;)

Paladin
04-19-2009, 11:32 PM
Didn't read the stuff earlier, so you may have commented on it, but I did not know that Chris Paul flopped so much. I thought Billips had one of the better if niot the best playoff game of his career....

When JR got hot and was pouring it on, the Hornets just caved.
Good win.....

TDmvp
04-19-2009, 11:33 PM
What on my post makes you think that I am drunk?

A laker troll called out all nuggets fans and I responded.

Just your hurried type man .
You are a stupid mother****er of you lump all nuggets fans with one idiot.

See now that's just Turrable "Charles Barkley voice" ...

I was just Fing with yas BF .... and I agree 1 moron does not represent any whole ...

And I type like a one armed 3rd grader sometimes trying to rush and get a thought out and posted before the conversation is 3 pages past what i was talking about ....

Kaylore
04-19-2009, 11:34 PM
Good game for the Nuggets. It's a nice matchup because we're not playing a team that rebounds and that's the Nuggets biggest weakness. I think facing the bigger teams that out-rebound us will be harder to hang with.

Until then Billips is the biggest player in Denver right now and deserves a throne room for his awesomeness.

And they were saying that fan that threw the bottle was a pissed off Hornet's fan, FYI. If I saw my team get destroyed in the playoffs by thirty points, I might be tempted to hurl a bottle too.

TDmvp
04-19-2009, 11:35 PM
As long as the Lakers Don't win it all I'm happy ...

Broncosfreak_56
04-19-2009, 11:37 PM
Just your hurried type man .

See now that's just Turrable "Charles Barkley voice" ...

I was just Fing with yas BF .... and I agree 1 moron does not represent any whole ...

And I type like a one armed 3rd grader sometimes trying to rush and get a thought out and posted before the conversation is 3 pages past what i was talking about ....

Oh, i see now lol.

SLJ picture made me chuckle though.

TDmvp
04-19-2009, 11:44 PM
Oh, i see now lol.

SLJ picture made me chuckle though.

I was the Grammar Nazi for a sec .... ROFL!

Every time I butch a post someone is there to post the

http://smartkidsstore.com/store/catalog/images/hooked-learnread-second-1.jpg

pic ...

So i was changing it up and going with SLJ hehe ...

On Topic : Was the bottle glass ???????

Thought they didn't use those anymore at games .

enjolras
04-19-2009, 11:54 PM
It was plastic.

24champ
04-20-2009, 12:01 AM
Let me preface this by saying you are and always have been one of my favourite posters on this site, but every fan base has idiots and labeling all of us, tarring us with that brush is remarkably harsh, and slightly immature.

I was just provoking the resident Nugget fans to get a reaction. Wasn't being serious.

Clearly I succeeded.

I am rooting for the Nuggets to make it to the WCF. I'd love to be at Pepsi Center watching my Lakers go to the 'ship in Game 4.;)

TheChamp24
04-20-2009, 12:22 AM
I was just provoking the resident Nugget fans to get a reaction. Wasn't being serious.

Clearly I succeeded.

I am rooting for the Nuggets to make it to the WCF. I'd love to be at Pepsi Center watching my Lakers go to the 'ship in Game 4.;)

Hey now, I'd expect the Nuggets to win 1 game lol :P

broncofan2438
04-20-2009, 09:08 AM
Nice win by the Nuggs last night. Stupid move by that fan throwing the bottle.

They need to stop the dumb turnovers.

vancejohnson82
04-20-2009, 09:14 AM
the only thing I would be concerned about as a Nuggets fan is David West hitting those 17 foot jumpers....they are giving him that shot and he wasnt making it last night....but normally he's a good shot from there....when he hits that its going to open up the lane for Paul and then you have a scrambling defense...

btw, Billups is one of the best I've ever seen at completely dictating the pace of a game...

Mogulseeker
04-20-2009, 09:55 AM
Good game for the Nuggets. It's a nice matchup because we're not playing a team that rebounds and that's the Nuggets biggest weakness. I think facing the bigger teams that out-rebound us will be harder to hang with.

Until then Billips is the biggest player in Denver right now and deserves a throne room for his awesomeness.

And they were saying that fan that threw the bottle was a pissed off Hornet's fan, FYI. If I saw my team get destroyed in the playoffs by thirty points, I might be tempted to hurl a bottle too.

It's a good matchup. I think that's why Birdman had such a great game.

lex
04-20-2009, 03:36 PM
Big game tonight between Boston and Chicago. It should be interesting. I think its at 6 CST. Glad its on TBS.

broncofan2438
04-20-2009, 03:45 PM
Big game tonight between Boston and Chicago. It should be interesting. I think its at 6 CST. Glad its on TBS.

Would be a huge statement game for the Bulls if they can win it

lex
04-20-2009, 03:55 PM
Would be a huge statement game for the Bulls if they can win it

Im not saying the Bulls will win by pointing this out but since the Bulls traded for Salmons and Miller, they are 18-11, and it seems like they are actually better than that record over the past couple of weeks. The Celtics are 18-8 without Garnett with two of those losses to Chicago (they lost on St. Pattys Day in Chicago). The Celtics should be the stronger team but it may not be a slam dunk like people think.

What made me curious to look that up was knowing that Chicago also won the last time they played and also hearing about all the people from Boston that had an off game, when there were also a few guys on Chicago who had off games (Salmons, Gordon, and Miller).

Rock Chalk
04-20-2009, 04:23 PM
I love Thugget fans. I really do. 5-25 or something since 1995 in the playoffs and they still talk like they have a shot.

My Rockets may not be world beaters but now they have rid themselves for the season of the cancer that is T-Mac they have a better shot than anyone from the Thuggets division. And they [the Rockets] only have a remote shot.

This is Kobe's conference until further notice.

God I hate the Lakers.

Rulon Velvet Jones
04-20-2009, 04:33 PM
Mavs, mother****ers!

DHallblows
04-20-2009, 04:40 PM
I love Thugget fans. I really do. 5-25 or something since 1995 in the playoffs and they still talk like they have a shot.

My Rockets may not be world beaters but now they have rid themselves for the season of the cancer that is T-Mac they have a better shot than anyone from the Thuggets division. And they [the Rockets] only have a remote shot.

God I hate the Lakers.

HOORAY playing the idiotic prestige card!!! Because, after all, these are the same teams as in 95...

Rock Chalk
04-20-2009, 04:45 PM
HOORAY playing the idiotic prestige card!!! Because, after all, these are the same teams as in 95...

So, you think the Thuggets are winning it all?

If not, it doesnt matter does it.

No.

The Thuggets have NO shot at winning the conference.

Keep dreaming tard.

lex
04-20-2009, 04:47 PM
Mavs, mother****ers!

What about them?

lex
04-20-2009, 04:49 PM

Awesome. Im a Bulls fan. By that logic, the Bulls should be all set.

Master___Pain
04-20-2009, 04:50 PM

God I hate the Lakers.

Of course Nugget fans are excited, they just wiped the floor with the Hornets. And this team might actually make it out of the first round. Ask any truthful Nuggets fan and they will tell making it out of the first round is a must. Beyond that its gravy. I'd like that the Nuggs will see either the Mavs or Spurs in round two as Dallas does not match up well with the Nuggs and this Spurs team just isn't the same with out Manu. The 3 teams that give the Nuggets fits are all on the other side of the bracket in Portland, Lakers and Houston.

I did enjoy the irony of a Rocket fan making fun of the Nuggets not be able to get out of the first round.

DHallblows
04-20-2009, 04:54 PM
Awesome. Im a Bulls fan. By that logic, the Bulls should be all set.

There ya go :thumbs: The East is yours according to Alec, enjoy your title ;D

bombay
04-20-2009, 05:09 PM

God I hate the Lakers.

Looks like welfare boy thinks ron artest is a fine citizen.

Paladin
04-20-2009, 05:29 PM
Well, when you don't know any better......

broncofan2438
04-20-2009, 05:36 PM
Of course Nugget fans are excited, they just wiped the floor with the Hornets. And this team might actually make it out of the first round. Ask any truthful Nuggets fan and they will tell making it out of the first round is a must. Beyond that its gravy. I'd like that the Nuggs will see either the Mavs or Spurs in round two as Dallas does not match up well with the Nuggs and this Spurs team just isn't the same with out Manu. The 3 teams that give the Nuggets fits are all on the other side of the bracket in Portland, Lakers and Houston.

I did enjoy the irony of a Rocket fan making fun of the Nuggets not be able to get out of the first round.

Very nicely put.....I would agree

Chris
04-20-2009, 07:22 PM
anyone know where i can watch this online

worm
04-20-2009, 08:00 PM
Nice game from the Bulls. It is hard to kill a champion but they are trying.

Would LOVE to see the Celts go down in the 1st round.

HEAV
04-20-2009, 08:30 PM
Celtics are getting all they can from the Bulls. Love the Bulls, they're playing not scared and showing the champs that without KG there will be no easy wins.

lex
04-20-2009, 08:41 PM
Im going to the game Thursday night. Im kind of excited. I really wish they would have pulled it out tonight though.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
04-21-2009, 06:41 AM
T-Mac picks the Lakers...Kobe toughest to guard

His pick for the title:

“Lakers. (Host: That easy, again?) It’s no knock on Cleveland, I think Cleveland’s gonna get there… Cleveland to me is really not that good. If you take what the Celtics did last year… You knew, they were either gonna get to the finals, or they were gonna win it. You can’t really say the same thing about the Cavaliers. Although, they had the best record in the league this year, a lot of people like, ‘Okay, they havin’ a great year, but we don’t know if they can win the championship.’ They really didn’t do anything on the road with the elite teams in the league, they lost, they had a bad record when they went to face the elite teams in the league. I think they’re a good team, but I don’t they’re ready to take the next step.”

The toughest player to stop:

“No doubt. Kobe. No doubt. The man is just a fierce competitor, he tries to rip your heart out no matter who he plays night in and night out. ‘Bron is one of them guys, he gets buckets, but he also is an unselfish player. Kobe? Nah. He trying to take your heart. He gonna get it. And, he’s gonna shoot 30 or 35 times to get it.”

LINK (http://sportsradiointerviews.com/2009/04/20/tracy-mcgrady-is-foaming-at-the-mouth/)

Even with Houston as a possible 2ond round opponent, he knows what's up.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
04-21-2009, 06:52 AM
http://i38.tinypic.com/2eeh6js.gif

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
04-21-2009, 06:54 AM
http://i38.tinypic.com/2w5okt4.gif

TheChamp24
04-21-2009, 07:24 AM

His pick for the title:

“Lakers. (Host: That easy, again?) It’s no knock on Cleveland, I think Cleveland’s gonna get there… Cleveland to me is really not that good. If you take what the Celtics did last year… You knew, they were either gonna get to the finals, or they were gonna win it. You can’t really say the same thing about the Cavaliers. Although, they had the best record in the league this year, a lot of people like, ‘Okay, they havin’ a great year, but we don’t know if they can win the championship.’ They really didn’t do anything on the road with the elite teams in the league, they lost, they had a bad record when they went to face the elite teams in the league. I think they’re a good team, but I don’t they’re ready to take the next step.”

“No doubt. Kobe. No doubt. The man is just a fierce competitor, he tries to rip your heart out no matter who he plays night in and night out. ‘Bron is one of them guys, he gets buckets, but he also is an unselfish player. Kobe? Nah. He trying to take your heart. He gonna get it. And, he’s gonna shoot 30 or 35 times to get it.”

LINK (http://sportsradiointerviews.com/2009/04/20/tracy-mcgrady-is-foaming-at-the-mouth/)

I'm sorry, but what TMac said about Cleveland and Boston last year was gibberish. Boston either was going to the finals or winning? Okay...nearly everybody is gonna say that about the Cavs too.

ro_50
04-21-2009, 07:33 AM

I agree with you, Nuggets have a real good opening to make the WCF from that side of the bracket.

They have one of the best playoff clutch performers this decade in Billups, that guy has hit so many big-time shots. I'm still laughing at Joe Dumars giving away his best player for AI and seeing his team self-destruct.

Just like what he did in the 03 Draft when he took Darko over Melo and Bosh with the No. 2 Pick!

spdirty
04-21-2009, 08:14 AM

God I hate the Lakers.

Ive never seen anyone talk like we have a shot in this thread, or otherwise. Its called suffering through 8 years of complete shlt followed by 5 years of first round exits and now we have home court for the first time in 20 years, won our first game by 29, and its refreshing and exciting.

To just get to the conference finals would be exciting and I think most Nuggets fans realize that until we get another legit big man that is our ceiling, yet still its awesome that our team finally is a legit playoff team and can now run with the big boys of the league.

Yet still, have to put up with retards who think just because there eventually will be a brick wall we have to run into that we shouldnt be excited about what the team is accomplishing.

spdirty
04-21-2009, 08:15 AM

His pick for the title:

God I swear you care more about what other people say about your team than what your team actually does.

ro_50
04-21-2009, 02:13 PM
God I swear you care more about what other people say about your team than what your team actually does.

What is it with people's (media's) obsession with the Rockets?

Reggie Miller said the one team in the West that can put a scare into the Lakers are the Rockets. Are you kidding me?

I don't get it. Look, they had a good year, answered the call when T-Mac went down.

But until they win a playoff series with Yao, how can anyone take them seriously.

broncofan2438
04-21-2009, 02:16 PM

The only powerful move by the ugly spainard.....big deal. When he shoots his free throws is it me or is he for sure gay?

Man-Goblin
04-21-2009, 02:32 PM
The only powerful move by the ugly spainard.....big deal. When he shoots his free throws is it me or is he for sure gay?

Is he only gay when he is shooting free throws or is it all the time? If it's only when he's shooting free throws I would imagine that is quite maddening for him.

24champ
04-21-2009, 02:36 PM

Ha!
http://i39.tinypic.com/29awmj4.gif

Beantown Bronco
04-21-2009, 02:42 PM
The only powerful move by the ugly spainard.....big deal.

Textbook travel as well...

Inkana7
04-21-2009, 07:19 PM

The Spanish Marshmallow.

Boobs McGee
04-21-2009, 08:52 PM
DAMN PAU! So so prettay....QUICK for a big man. He just took brewer to the woodshed

Bynum looks a LOT crisper, kobe needs to start d'in up brewer and stop the help down low

24champ
04-21-2009, 08:57 PM
I agree, Pau is so much better as a 4.

Boobs McGee
04-21-2009, 09:11 PM
absolutely, his natural position. SO STOKED to have bynum back!!!! Gosh he's gonna just keep gettin better and ****ing better

worm
04-21-2009, 09:16 PM
Reserves need to do their part...unlike the past month or two.

DHallblows
04-21-2009, 09:18 PM
Textbook travel as well...

Ssshhhh! How will they feel good about his "ability" if they count traveling??!!

worm
04-21-2009, 09:25 PM
Ssshhhh! How will they feel good about his "ability" if they count traveling??!!

You do watch NBA games, right?

Calling out a guy for traveling in a NBA game is like finding a bottle of champagne at a Javon Walker hosted event.

OABB
04-21-2009, 09:27 PM
laker hate is cute... It warms my cockles.

24champ
04-21-2009, 09:32 PM
Reserves need to do their part...unlike the past month or two.

That's why I am glad we picked up Brown. Farmar just flat out has sucked lately.

http://i587.photobucket.com/albums/ss312/faizi1021/LAKERS/shannonbrownblock.gif?t=1240346038

worm
04-21-2009, 09:38 PM
That's why I am glad we picked up Brown. Farmar just flat out has sucked lately.

http://i587.photobucket.com/albums/ss312/faizi1021/LAKERS/shannonbrownblock.gif?t=1240346038

Brown has been huge. I also haven't given up on Adam for next year.

Boobs McGee
04-21-2009, 09:40 PM

that is absolutely awesome. I didn't know he had hops like THAT. WOW

DHallblows
04-21-2009, 09:40 PM
You do watch NBA games, right?

Calling out a guy for traveling in a NBA game is like finding a bottle of champagne at a Javon Walker hosted event.

Well aware bud. But the least you can do is post a gif without it...

spdirty
04-21-2009, 09:52 PM
Portland-Houston is shaping up to be a pretty good finish. Oden and Yao both with 4 fouls.

Portland fighting hard to stay in the series.

spdirty
04-21-2009, 11:08 PM
huh.

Man-Goblin
04-22-2009, 09:40 PM
The Birdman cometh. Holy ****.

Boobs McGee
04-22-2009, 09:53 PM
The Birdman cometh. Holy ****.

that put back jam was ****ing DOPE! Exciting game, hopefully nene doesn't foul out

Dutch
04-22-2009, 10:34 PM
Great to see Smooth Mr. Bigshot having a great series in front of the home town crowd. Too cool.

SouthStndJunkie
04-22-2009, 10:50 PM
It's nice to see the Nuggets winning some playoff games.

Man-Goblin
04-22-2009, 10:52 PM
And THAT'S how we roll!

worm
04-22-2009, 10:58 PM
Great at home. Lets see how they do in Nola. It is a big week in Nola for JF.

I think the Hornets win the next two.

Don't ask me to explain why....

worm
04-22-2009, 11:00 PM
And THAT'S how we roll!

'Laissez les bon temps roulez' is how we roll.

Man-Goblin
04-22-2009, 11:08 PM
Great at home. Lets see how they do in Nola. It is a big week in Nola for JF.

I think the Hornets win the next two.

Don't ask me to explain why....

I think the Nuggets take game 4, but what do I know.

Boobs McGee
04-22-2009, 11:09 PM
Scott hastings just gave a shoutout to MY BAR!!!! Well, the bar I grew up in, in grand lake. The ****ing lariat!!!! We've gotten him HAMMERED up there haha. Whoopty whoop, way to represent scotty!

spdirty
04-22-2009, 11:13 PM
:)

Kaylore
04-22-2009, 11:25 PM
This was a good game. The refs were calling it like it was in New Orleans and we never let up. New Orleans basically has Paul and some three point shots and that's it. We need to really lay the wood in game 3 and they'll be demoralized.

spdirty
04-22-2009, 11:28 PM
This was a good game. The refs were calling it like it was in New Orleans and we never let up. New Orleans basically has Paul and some three point shots and that's it. We need to really lay the wood in game 3 and they'll be demoralized.

they already are. Had to steal this game to have a legit shot at the series. But I think we lose game 3 and win games 4 and 5.

broncofan2438
04-22-2009, 11:29 PM
Dam, what a great game. i sure wish I was in that arena, place was freakn loud. Billups is on fire and Birdman is playing out of his mind. They showed a picture of Kobe sitn in his bathtub scared about birdman.

Dutch
04-22-2009, 11:33 PM
they already are. Ha to steal this game to have a legit shot at the series. But I think we lose game 3 and win game 4 and 5.

I think you are right. We might get a game 3 win and a 4 loss. Probably the other way if the refs decide to take over the game. Still, to be up 2-0 with NO needing to win 4 out of 5? Not if Mr. Big Shot has anything to say about that.

Paladin
04-22-2009, 11:34 PM
Is it just me or is Paul getting some chickencrap calls?

The Nuggets need to keep the pressure on. Skotloualoautacvickky hits the three a lot, but he has no inside or other game. Nene spooked the holy h3ll out of him and made him walk.... I edpect the next game to be a bit more physical with NOLA getting some Stern calls so that they can sell a game or three next year.....

Dutch
04-22-2009, 11:37 PM
Watching NBA network, and I have to admit Byron Scott strikes me as a good guy to play for. George came off pretty good as well, for all of the haters.....I'm happy for the guy, I just think he is a good coach and a good guy.

worm
04-22-2009, 11:54 PM
Nuggs win one of the next two and it is over....Hornets win back to back...its a series again.

Dutch
04-23-2009, 12:03 AM
Just finished the post game news conf on NBA network. Chauncey and Mello were both well spoken and humble. I don't think there is anyway you can quantify what playing for Team USA and Coach K has done for Mello, he is a completely different guy this year, it is like he has grown up overnight. Chauncey is just the pro's pro. Kenyon and Nene healthy. JR is maturing before our eyes as well. Sooooo happy for Chris Anderson! Jones is turning into our version of Bowens. This could be the start of something magic. I think the Nugs end this in 5.

enjolras
04-23-2009, 12:16 AM
The Nuggets have had 20+ point leads deep into the fourth quarter of both games. Home court advantage doesn't erase 20 point deficits...I suppose it's possible that the Hornets win the next two, but I don't see how. This is an awful matchup for them... they can't score with the Nuggets. They've buckled under Denvers defensive pressure. They Nuggets have done really well on the offensive glass (and if it wasn't for some garbage time rebounds, overall as well).

This sure looks like a sweep to me.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
04-23-2009, 04:25 AM

It's just you. :mullet2:

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
04-23-2009, 04:28 AM

Brown = $$$ :~ohyah!:

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
04-23-2009, 04:30 AM
As long as the Lakers Don't win it all I'm happy ...

Ha!

Are you on the Cavs bandwagon yet (or do you wait until the finals for that?)

montrose
04-23-2009, 06:27 AM
Last night was fun, but I want to see how we play on their court.

24champ
04-23-2009, 11:31 AM
On going into a hostile environment in Utah.

Kobe- "It's just noise." Ha!

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_qx2CboYRCc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_qx2CboYRCc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Kaylore
04-23-2009, 11:52 AM
The Nuggets have had 20+ point leads deep into the fourth quarter of both games. Home court advantage doesn't erase 20 point deficits...I suppose it's possible that the Hornets win the next two, but I don't see how. This is an awful matchup for them... they can't score with the Nuggets. They've buckled under Denvers defensive pressure. They Nuggets have done really well on the offensive glass (and if it wasn't for some garbage time rebounds, overall as well).

This sure looks like a sweep to me.

I don't know. We suck at rebounding and it's annoying seeing a bunch of white jerseys standing around the basket or start running to the other side of the court before possession's even been won. We have been a horrible rebounding team and we look "better" right now because the Hornets aren't very good either. The only one who really tries is Anderson. When we play taller, more physical teams (Lakers) that flaw is going to become exposed.

I will say if Nene can quit letting guys get in his head and Jones keeps it up, we'll make some noise.

FADERPROOF
04-23-2009, 07:21 PM
Chicago just completely let Boston take the series over and will likely lose in 6 now.

ro_50
04-23-2009, 07:40 PM
Mavs putting it on the Spurs.

My team needs young players and they need them NOW!!!

vancejohnson82
04-23-2009, 08:12 PM
thats an embarrassing loss for the SPUDS

HEAV
04-23-2009, 08:51 PM
Celtics win a battle, but may have lost the war with Rondo's injury. Reports say he was carried off the bench into the locker room after the game.

ro_50
04-23-2009, 09:06 PM
thats an embarrassing loss for the SPUDS

It happens, what can you do when you're getting outplayed. The Spurs are just old at most positions.

Like I said before the playoffs begin, I was hoping they would win a series and didn't expect anything more.

But its 2-1 and still some time left but its obvious they have to win game 4.

But also, it doesn't bother me if they win this series or not, the Spurs need to retool with younger players.

24champ
04-23-2009, 09:22 PM
Celtics win a battle, but may have lost the war with Rondo's injury. Reports say he was carried off the bench into the locker room after the game.

I can see it now... the wheelchair miracle part 2....

broncofan2438
04-23-2009, 10:22 PM
On going into a hostile environment in Utah.

Kobe- "It's just noise." Ha!

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_qx2CboYRCc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_qx2CboYRCc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

What Kobe is actually thinking: "I haven't tried to rape a chick in Utah yet, so I'm good".

Broncosfreak_56
04-23-2009, 11:21 PM
Guess Utah rattled Kobe. 5-24 shooting? Not good.

24champ
04-23-2009, 11:32 PM
Kobe won't shoot those numbers again.

We still could have won with Kobe shooting bricks...

The loss is because of two things-

1. Phil Jackson for leaving Vujacic and Walton in the game way too long. WTF are you doing starting the 4th with Luke and Sasha? That basically sealed it. Our lack of outside shooting off the bench is the weak link.

2. The EFENSE was horrible. Again back to Phil Jackson, why I didn't see Shannon Brown and Bynum down the stretch?

SoCalBronco
04-23-2009, 11:34 PM
Well...at least the Lakers lost, so the evening wasn't a total loss after the Pens debacle.

spdirty
04-23-2009, 11:36 PM
LOL Chuck said LA is winning cuz their really good, but they arent on a mission. Denver and Lebron are on a mission and LA isn't.

But they didnt finish em off and now the Jazz can extend this series a lil more.

TDmvp
04-23-2009, 11:41 PM
Ha!

Are you on the Cavs bandwagon yet (or do you wait until the finals for that?)

Living in Ohio I wouldn't see it as a bad thing if they won ... Hard not to like Lebron and if the Celts wasn't who won last year the Cavs would have been who I wanted to win outa La / Cavs .

But going into this and last season I wanted to see the celts win cause i figure Lebron will have many shots at rings ... K.G. and Ray aint getting no younger ...

But if it's Lebron that stops Kobe from getting one without Shaq , so be it .

It's not that I hate the Lakers cause I loved Magic ...
But I hate Phil with a passion , and Kobe gets on my nerves.

broncofan2438
04-24-2009, 09:48 AM
Funny how this thread gets bumped to the second page when the Fakers lose.
Utah is a tough place to play

Punisher
04-24-2009, 10:18 AM
Funny how this thread gets bumped to the second page when the Fakers lose.
Utah is a tough place to play

Boozer played the game of his life in we only lost by 2.Go Lakers will take the Series in game 5

Broncosfreak_56
04-24-2009, 10:27 AM
Boozer played the game of his life in we only lost by 2.Go Lakers will take the Series in game 5

Boozer got lots of rebounds because Kobe missed so much. More misses=more rebounds. He was just more aggressive in getting them than his teammates. Besides, other players would have gotten them if he didn't. Plus, Deron Williams had an off game too. Game four will be a close one again.

Punisher
04-24-2009, 10:31 AM
Boozer got lots of rebounds because Kobe missed so much. More misses=more rebounds. He was just more aggressive in getting them than his teammates. Besides, other players would have gotten them if he didn't. Plus, Deron Williams had an off game too. Game four will be a close one again.

Yea i agree it will be a close game but will take it at the end then go back to L.A in Finish them off.

Beat LA Go Lakers :yayaya:

azbroncfan
04-24-2009, 11:24 AM
2. The EFENSE was horrible. Again back to Phil Jackson, why I didn't see Bynum down the stretch?

Derron didn't shoot very well and have an off game just like Kobe but it was that quote that made me wonder if you watched the game? Bynum wasn't available after about 3 min left in the 3rd.

azbroncfan
04-24-2009, 11:26 AM
I don't know. We suck at rebounding and it's annoying seeing a bunch of white jerseys standing around the basket or start running to the other side of the court before possession's even been won. We have been a horrible rebounding team and we look "better" right now because the Hornets aren't very good either. The only one who really tries is Anderson. When we play taller, more physical teams (Lakers) that flaw is going to become exposed.

I will say if Nene can quit letting guys get in his head and Jones keeps it up, we'll make some noise.

It's just too bad that Utah puked their guts out down the stretch and has to play the Lakers instead of Denver.

24champ
04-24-2009, 11:36 AM
Derron didn't shoot very well and have an off game just like Kobe but it was that quote that made me wonder if you watched the game? Bynum wasn't available after about 3 min left in the 3rd.

Bynum had 5 fouls. Did YOU watch the game? Hilarious!

Paladin
04-24-2009, 11:37 AM
Au Contraire. I am perfecyly happy that the Utes are playing the Flakers. I think the Utes can win the next game and the series can go to seven. Beat them up, Utes!!! Go for the nuts!

TheManeMan
04-24-2009, 11:45 AM
5-24?!?

Hilarious!

Inkana7
04-24-2009, 12:01 PM
I guess it's a little more than "Just Noise" :rofl:

5-24. But he's still the best player in the league, right?

azbroncfan
04-24-2009, 12:54 PM
Bynum had 5 fouls. Did YOU watch the game? Hilarious!

Damn I guess I didn't. I thought he fouled out in the third because he never returned. You are right that was stupid of Jackson to leave his length on the bench which allows Utah to play Millsap over the crappy Collins.

24champ
04-24-2009, 01:01 PM
I guess it's a little more than "Just Noise" :rofl:

5-24. But he's still the best player in the league, right?

According to Michael Jordan, he is.

lex
04-24-2009, 01:33 PM
Kobe won't shoot those numbers again.

We still could have won with Kobe shooting bricks...

The loss is because of three things-

1. Kobe shooting bricks

2. Phil Jackson for leaving Vujacic and Walton in the game way too long. WTF are you doing starting the 4th with Luke and Sasha? That basically sealed it. Our lack of outside shooting off the bench is the weak link.

3. The EFENSE was horrible. Again back to Phil Jackson, why I didn't see Shannon Brown and Bynum down the stretch?

fixed

24champ
04-24-2009, 01:59 PM
fixed

We lost by 2 points, wasn't because of Kobe shooting bricks.

We still could have won that game and it's the third game in a row we let the Jazz back into the game. Our defense needs to tighten up.

lex
04-24-2009, 02:11 PM
We lost by 2 points, wasn't because of Kobe shooting bricks.

We still could have won that game and it's the third game in a row we let the Jazz back into the game. Our defense needs to tighten up.

If Kobe wouldnt have shot like bricks, are you telling me they still would have lost? Please.

24champ
04-24-2009, 02:14 PM
If Kobe wouldnt have shot like bricks, are you telling me they still would have lost? Please.

Defense wins games. All we needed was a couple stops in the last minute and we just couldn't get it done.

Inkana7
04-24-2009, 03:09 PM
Hell, even if Kobe shot 25% instead of his awe-inspiring 20% they would have won. "Greatest closer in the NBA". What a bunch of garbage (http://www.82games.com/gamewinningshots.htm).

Boobs McGee
04-24-2009, 06:02 PM
Hell, even if Kobe shot 25% instead of his awe-inspiring 20% they would have won. "Greatest closer in the NBA". What a bunch of garbage (http://www.82games.com/gamewinningshots.htm).

Well, that link DOES tell us that in the playoffs, where it really matters...he is the best (sorry, tied with lebron). Not to mention he IS the best closer (4th quarter or overtime, less than 5 minutes left, neither team ahead by more than 5 points ) http://www.82games.com/0809/CSORT11.HTM so ya, thanks for the help proving his greatness :thumbsup:

Inkana7
04-24-2009, 06:59 PM
Well, that link DOES tell us that in the playoffs, where it really matters...he is the best (sorry, tied with lebron). Not to mention he IS the best closer (4th quarter or overtime, less than 5 minutes left, neither team ahead by more than 5 points ) http://www.82games.com/0809/CSORT11.HTM so ya, thanks for the help proving his greatness :thumbsup:

:~ohyah!: Look at the FG%. Lebron shoots 10% better than Kobe.

We all know Kobe shoots a lot of shots. That doesn't make him great.

LeBron is also much higher in rebounds, assists, and surprisingly, 3 point shooting percentage.

LeBron > Kobe.

FADERPROOF
04-24-2009, 07:39 PM
Time to get the brooms out and refund tickets for game 5 in cleveland!!!

Boobs McGee
04-24-2009, 08:12 PM

LeBron is also much higher in rebounds, assists, and surprisingly, 3 point shooting percentage.

LeBron > Kobe.

.02% better in 3 point shooting percentage. Wow. BFD.

He also has almost two more turnovers in crunch time as well, and a worse ft percentage. So he turns the ball over and can't hit his free throws down the stretch.

Everyone knows that when the game is on the line, the man with the dagger in his hand is number 24.

Get over it

Boobs McGee
04-24-2009, 08:26 PM

LeBron > Kobe.

and p.s. of COURSE his complete stat sheet is going to be better than Kobe's. He has a ****ty team, and everybody relies on him to get that triple double. Your getting the whole "mvp" hunt mixed up with talent I think

TheChamp24
04-24-2009, 09:03 PM
.02% better in 3 point shooting percentage. Wow. BFD.

He also has almost two more turnovers in crunch time as well, and a worse ft percentage. So he turns the ball over and can't hit his free throws down the stretch.

Everyone knows that when the game is on the line, the man with the dagger in his hand is number 24.

Get over it

and p.s. of COURSE his complete stat sheet is going to be better than Kobe's. He has a ****ty team, and everybody relies on him to get that triple double. Your getting the whole "mvp" hunt mixed up with talent I think

Sorry, but I think it is freakin hilarious when you bring up something to defend Kobe backfires right in your face.
Lebron's +/- is higher, much higher FG%, higher 3p%, more rebounds, more assists, more blocks, more steals.
Kobe barely edges him in points by .8, FT% is decided by .07, and turnovers Lebron does have a big disadvantage as 4.8 to 3.
But everything else screams Lebron, that **** you brought up backfired.
Lebron is the more complete, and better player, than Kobe.
This isn't a knock against Kobe, I think he is one of the all-time greats, but Lebron can do it all, he gets his teammates more involved and can score almost at will like Kobe.

Boobs McGee
04-25-2009, 03:53 AM
Sorry, but I think it is freakin hilarious when you bring up something to defend Kobe backfires right in your face.
Lebron's +/- is higher, much higher FG%, higher 3p%, more rebounds, more assists, more blocks, more steals.
Kobe barely edges him in points by .8, FT% is decided by .07, and turnovers Lebron does have a big disadvantage as 4.8 to 3.
But everything else screams Lebron, that **** you brought up backfired.
Lebron is the more complete, and better player, than Kobe.
This isn't a knock against Kobe, I think he is one of the all-time greats, but Lebron can do it all, he gets his teammates more involved and can score almost at will like Kobe.

Yes, he has more rebounds and blocks....he's 2 inches taller and has about fifty more pounds. His style of play is completely different. He barely edges him in points? A point and a half when you combine the ft% and his totals. That makes up the difference in the fg%...

Kobe can do it all too, he gets his teamates involved JUST AS OFTEN as Lebron does (but often times when they double/triple team him and he passes it off, it gets passed AGAIN and he doesn't get an assist), and his mid to long range jumper is much more refined than Lebron's is. Kobe makes shots that absolutely no one in the NBA currently has the ability to make.

Everything else doesn't "scream" anything, except for the fact that Lebron is a tremendously talented player. The stats support kobe as the best scorer in clutch time, and that's the end of the argument.

TheChamp24
04-25-2009, 04:29 AM
Yes, he has more rebounds and blocks....he's 2 inches taller and has about fifty more pounds. His style of play is completely different. He barely edges him in points? A point and a half when you combine the ft% and his totals. That makes up the difference in the fg%...

Kobe can do it all too, he gets his teamates involved JUST AS OFTEN as Lebron does (but often times when they double/triple team him and he passes it off, it gets passed AGAIN and he doesn't get an assist), and his mid to long range jumper is much more refined than Lebron's is. Kobe makes shots that absolutely no one in the NBA currently has the ability to make.

Everything else doesn't "scream" anything, except for the fact that Lebron is a tremendously talented player. The stats support kobe as the best scorer in clutch time, and that's the end of the argument.

What do you mean a point and a half? Kobe averages 56.7 points based on that, Lebron 55.9
That is barely edging Lebron. The stats aren't supporting Kobe. His field goal % is well below Lebron, heck Melo as well. Kobe's free throw % is better, but Lebron's 85% is nothing to knock about.
Do you Laker fans hate the fact that there actually exists a better NBA player than Kobe now?

Kaylore
04-25-2009, 08:42 AM
That Portland Houston game last night was awesome.

DHallblows
04-25-2009, 09:13 AM
That Portland Houston game last night was awesome.

Shut up! This thread isn't for discussing the ACTUAL game! ~Popps~

Dexter
04-25-2009, 11:13 AM
Nuggets up 8-0. Hornets call a timeout before their fans even have a chance to sit down :strong:

Dexter
04-25-2009, 11:22 AM
Another time out. 20-6 :D

spdirty
04-25-2009, 11:25 AM
wow. Didnt expect this.

Broncosfreak_56
04-25-2009, 11:27 AM
Got to stop letting teams back in the game...

Dexter
04-25-2009, 11:32 AM
Wow self destructing right now.

Mogulseeker
04-25-2009, 12:04 PM
Is it just me, or is JR Smith vastly underrated?

Every time I watch the Nuggets that guy brings it.

Dexter
04-25-2009, 12:05 PM
Is it just me, or is JR Smith vastly underrated?

Every time I watch the Nuggets that guy brings it.

He takes some really bad shots sometimes, but when he has his head in the game he's as good as anybody.

spdirty
04-25-2009, 12:10 PM
God I swear Chris Paul gets away with everything.

TheChamp24
04-25-2009, 12:30 PM
He takes some really bad shots sometimes, but when he has his head in the game he's as good as anybody.

That is an understatement. It is almost like he is Jake Plummer. He can make some good plays, but then have you wondering "What the heck did he just do?"
Tossing up fade away 3 pointers with a hand in your face, ugh.