PDA

View Full Version : The Official 2009 NBA Playoffs Thread (M)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

TonyR
05-12-2009, 10:16 AM
Carmelo was horrible yesterday.

He certainly didn't play a perfect game but 41-11 and over 50% from the field is far from "horrible".

Inkana7
05-12-2009, 10:29 AM
I was greatly unimpressed with the Cavs. No D, really slow O and players. Jump good, and pose nice, but blah as basketball....

The offense was horrible last night, but no D? Are you kidding me?

Rulon Velvet Jones
05-12-2009, 10:55 AM
Poor little baby b****. I'd think you'd be used to your Mavs losing by now, but no, you still have to make excuses and b****. Take your 3-1 record like a man, quit whining.

Ahahahaha...who the hell are you?

theAPAOps5
05-12-2009, 11:06 AM
Carmelo was horrible yesterday. He was forcing it way too much on offense, he was getting used on defense, plus he could easily be suspended.

Wow you suck at basketball as much as football takes. Why do you even try. Carmelo was great yesterday. Like already stated 41-11 50% shooting isn't horrible. And here is your stat for the day. Melo also led the team in steals with 5. But yeah he was horrible yesterday. :spit:

bombay
05-12-2009, 11:14 AM
Ce la vie.

It's over tomorrow night.

Man-Goblin
05-12-2009, 11:15 AM
Wow you suck at basketball as much as football takes. Why do you even try. Carmelo was great yesterday. Like already stated 41-11 50% shooting isn't horrible. And here is your stat for the day. Melo also led the team in steals with 5. But yeah he was horrible yesterday. :spit:

It's an absolutely foolish comment. That was perhaps the finest game on both ends I've ever seen Melo play. It was Jordan-esque.

*Edit: and the fact is it COULD have been better considering he missed some open 3's and some easy putbacks.

Rulon Velvet Jones
05-12-2009, 11:24 AM
It's an absolutely foolish comment. That was perhaps the finest game on both ends I've ever seen Melo play. It was Jordan-esque.

*Edit: and the fact is it COULD have been better considering he missed some open 3's and some easy putbacks.

Whoa, whoa, whoa...easy there. If Melo was "Jordan-esque", then what was Dirk?

Man-Goblin
05-12-2009, 11:25 AM
Whoa, whoa, whoa...easy there. If Melo was "Jordan-esque", then what was Dirk?

I wasn't talking about Dirk. Dirk has been fantastic all series.

Rulon Velvet Jones
05-12-2009, 11:29 AM
I wasn't talking about Dirk. Dirk has been fantastic all series.

So, Dirk>Jordan?

Man-Goblin
05-12-2009, 11:39 AM
So, Dirk>Jordan?

Dude, all I said was Melo's performance reminded me of how Jordan would play in the playoffs sometimes. They actually have similar skill sets when Melo is on and playing D. Dirk's does not. He's a totally different player.

I would say Dirk was more Bird-esque, but I don't want to. Plus, he's too much of a pussy. So I will go with Smits-esque. Yep, his performance reminded me of a playoff game I once saw Rik Smits play. There ya go.

24champ
05-12-2009, 11:44 AM
As K-Mart strolled down the hallway to the American Airlines Center’s loading dock, he passed a handful of Dallas Mavericks supporters still reveling in an arena bar.

“[Expletive] you [expletives]!” Martin shouted, flashing his middle finger for emphasis. “We ain’t coming back here!”

As the officials reviewed the play, Martin looked into the stands and saw some fans hassling his mother.

Martin leaned over the scorer’s table and began yelling back. Nuggets security officials and assistant coach Stacey Augmon(notes) tried to restrain Martin but he continued to shout and point.

“You [expletive] better cut the [expletive],” he yelled. “You’re going to get [expletive] up.”

According to NBA.com’s Art Garcia, who was seated within earshot of the incident, Martin then yelled to his mom: “Somebody do something to you, you better tell me. I’m going to [expletive] somebody up.”

Classy guy Kmart...not thuggish at all.:spit:

Rulon Velvet Jones
05-12-2009, 11:45 AM
I would say Dirk was more Bird-esque, but I don't want to. Plus, he's too much of a p***Y. So I will go with Smits-esque. Yep, his performance reminded me of a playoff game I once saw Rik Smits play. There ya go.

I'll let you dig your own hole. You apparently don't know what you're talking about.

Melo (backwards fighting pussy, afraid of Nate Robinson) = Michael Jordan
Dirk = Rick Smits

Genius. Simply genius.

bronco militia
05-12-2009, 11:45 AM

Dullass Mavs, Cowboys, and Stars fans deserve every ounce of thuggery they receive.

**** those a-holes

oubronco
05-12-2009, 11:50 AM
go Lakers !!!

Rulon Velvet Jones
05-12-2009, 11:51 AM
Dullass Mavs, Cowboys, and Stars fans deserve every ounce of thuggery they receive.

**** those a-holes

I'm a Mavs, Stars and Broncos fan. Weird, right?

Do you hate me, too? :wave:

bronco militia
05-12-2009, 11:55 AM
I'm a Mavs, Stars and Broncos fan. Weird, right?

Do you hate me, too? :wave:

not during football season

:D

Man-Goblin
05-12-2009, 11:57 AM
I'll let you dig your own hole. You apparently don't know what you're talking about.

Melo (backwards fighting p***Y, afraid of Nate Robinson) = Michael Jordan
Dirk = Rick Smits

Genius. Simply genius.

I didn't say Melo equals Jordan; draw your own assumptions all you like. All I said was it was a similar performance. Melo was outstanding all around last night.

And the Smits comment was in jest, but would you have prefered Detlef Schrempf-esque? He was a better passer than Dirk, but I believe he was drafted by the Mavericks. And he was born in Germany too! Germans make good things.

bronco militia
05-12-2009, 11:59 AM
He certainly didn't play a perfect game but 41-11 and over 50% from the field is far from "horrible".

good lord...who is that ray of sunshine in your avatar?

:gimme:

Rulon Velvet Jones
05-12-2009, 12:01 PM
I didn't say Melo equals Jordan; draw your own assumptions all you like. All I said was it was a similar performance. Melo was outstanding all around last night.

And the Smits comment was in jest, but would you have prefered Detlef Schrempf-esque? He was a better passer than Dirk, but I believe he was drafted by the Mavericks. And he was born in Germany too! Germans make good things.

You sonofabitch!!! :~ohyah!:

DHallblows
05-12-2009, 12:01 PM

That's verbatim what I'd say if people were ****ing with my mom. But that's just me...

bombay
05-12-2009, 12:07 PM

lol. Rep.

Flex Gunmetal
05-12-2009, 12:08 PM

Telling an opposing player's mother his son is a thug is very professional.

Master___Pain
05-12-2009, 12:10 PM
the confetti at the end of the game was a nice touch:spit:

bombay
05-12-2009, 12:15 PM

Celebrate when you can?

Rulon Velvet Jones
05-12-2009, 12:16 PM

They do that after big games. I've seen them do it for regular season games in other venues. It's not out of the ordinary.

Master___Pain
05-12-2009, 12:20 PM
They do that after big games. I've seen them do it for regular season games in other venues. It's not out of the ordinary.

I found it lame, the same way I thought the confetti at the end of the Nuggs first round series was lame. Confetti is for championships, not 1st round series wins and certainly not for winning a game to not get swept. Lame.

24champ
05-12-2009, 12:23 PM
Telling an opposing player's mother his son is a thug is very professional.

Cuban was just telling the truth.

Master___Pain
05-12-2009, 12:27 PM

So I assume you would have any problem with Cuban getting in Kobe's mom's face and screaming to her about Kobe being a rapist, er, adulterer?

Whatever.

24champ
05-12-2009, 12:35 PM
So I assume you would have any problem with Cuban getting in Kobe's mom's face and screaming to her about Kobe being a rapist, er, adulterer?

Whatever.

Wouldn't happen, Kobe's mom has too much class to be talking trash to opposing fans...unlike K-thugs mom.

DB-Freak
05-12-2009, 12:37 PM
Wouldn't happen, Kobe's mom has too much class to be talking trash to opposing fans...unlike K-thugs mom.

Yea cause you must be good friends with Bryant's family.

Can someone point out to me where Kmart's mom was talking trash to opposing fans?

Master___Pain
05-12-2009, 12:37 PM

LOL

you really do ride the short bus, carry on.

bombay
05-12-2009, 12:39 PM
Would that the ra...er.. Kobe deigned to speak to his parents.

24champ
05-12-2009, 12:44 PM
Can someone point out to me where Kmart's mom was talking trash to opposing fans?

Cuban said by e-mail he knew Martin's mother, because after a previous game that Denver won, she had approached him and made trash-talk-type comments.

http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_12340464

24champ
05-12-2009, 12:45 PM
LOL

you really do ride the short bus, carry on.

Unfortunately the short bus is full. ROFL!

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2725/218/36/500161968/n500161968_2236676_5764823.jpg

DHallblows
05-12-2009, 12:54 PM
Well if Cuban said it in an e-mail, it must be true...

TheManeMan
05-12-2009, 01:18 PM
Unfortunately the short bus is full. ROFL!

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2725/218/36/500161968/n500161968_2236676_5764823.jpg

this pic has now been posted twice in this thread by ALF. :deadhorse:

I see the artists name in the bottom right corner.

http://www.emptythebench.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/derek-fisher-calms-the-lakers.jpg

ohiobronco2
05-12-2009, 01:21 PM

Whatever.

you rang. :)

ohiobronco2
05-12-2009, 01:25 PM

:sunshine:

TheManeMan
05-12-2009, 02:05 PM
Finally!!! Somebody calling out 24...Read the article!

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=keown%2F090512&sportCat=nba

In the wake of Sunday's Game 4 disaster, when Battier and Ron Artest did guard Kobe -- and after which Magic Johnson said the Lakers defiled the team's honor -- it's a good bet Kobe will be at his contrived best in Tuesday night's Game 5. He'll probably dominate, and he'll undoubtedly let us know.

But here's a radical idea: Stop with the smugness and the arrogance. Play your game and let your talent speak for itself. You might not know this, but it does a much better job than you do. And if you're not going to enjoy what you bring to the court, at least give us half a chance.

The Big E
05-12-2009, 02:12 PM
http://www.emptythebench.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/derek-fisher-calms-the-lakers.jpg
What's funny about that photo is that was from a game they wore retro uni's with the short shorts of the 80's. I think the Lakers changed at halftime because they felt too weird wearing them.

The Big E
05-12-2009, 02:20 PM

Who freakin' cares? Every move of Kobe is analyzed to death, and it's tiresome whether it's good or bad.

You mean a pro athlete does something that brings attention to himself when he's doing well? Who wouldda' thunk it?

broncofan2438
05-12-2009, 02:25 PM

Whatever excuse you can come up with ALF, what the hell is ALF anyway?

broncofan2438
05-12-2009, 02:26 PM
Who freakin' cares? Every move of Kobe is analyzed to death, and it's tiresome whether it's good or bad.

You mean a pro athlete does something that brings attention to himself when he's doing well? Who wouldda' thunk it?

It a good thing. Kobe is a punk. I dont think I saw once where Battier was talking trash after draining 3's right in front of Kobe's face.

24champ
05-12-2009, 02:29 PM

What Kobe does is no different than Larry Bird, Isiah Thomas, Charles Barkley ,Magic Johnson, Michael Jordan etc. They all talked trash, and I bet this "Tim Keown" writer never played sports in his life. Poorly written article, I wouldn't even pick up this article with a pooper scooper.

TheManeMan
05-12-2009, 02:30 PM

24 is the most arrogant athlete in the world!

I guarantee you though, he also has the cleanest set of balls in the world as well. All you Lakers homers wash them continuously.

TheChamp24
05-12-2009, 02:31 PM
If I ever coach a sport and see one of my players showboating, I'll take them out and tell them "Act like you've done it before and are going to do it again"
Basically, Kobe should just run back on the court and play D after nailing a shot rather than letting everybody know how "badass" he is.

24champ
05-12-2009, 02:33 PM

Yeah I doubt Michael Jordan got called out by a hack writer for yelling at Gerald Wilkins in the 92' playoffs saying "he can't guard me!"

TheManeMan
05-12-2009, 02:41 PM
Yeah I doubt Michael Jordan got called out by a hack writer for yelling at Gerald Wilkins in the 92' playoffs saying "he can't guard me!"

Did he tell Gerald Wilkins that straight up, or did he yell that to the announcers of game, running up the court like the arrogant, classless guy we're talking about?

Flex Gunmetal
05-12-2009, 02:45 PM

I would be embarrassed to be a broncos fan if bowlen went around ripping on opposing player's parents.
It would be silly to assume Cuban had any class anyway.

24champ
05-12-2009, 03:05 PM
Did he tell Gerald Wilkins that straight up, or did he yell that to the announcers of game, running up the court like the arrogant, classless guy we're talking about?

What's the difference?

MJ let everyone know Gerald Wilkins wasn't going stop him, he shook his head everytime after he scored on him.

The Big E
05-12-2009, 03:27 PM
It a good thing. Kobe is a punk. I dont think I saw once where Battier was talking trash after draining 3's right in front of Kobe's face.
In that case, Kobe would fit in well in Denver.

Battier is the exception to the rule in the NBA, and I admire the way he conducts himself, even if he did go to Duke.

broncofan2438
05-12-2009, 03:35 PM
Its funny that people make fun of the Nuggets as Thuggets and "Thugs" and what not. Why because of tattoos and some past drug problems? Give me a break....is it because those people are jealous or scared of thugs? Just haters in my opinion

bombay
05-12-2009, 03:52 PM
I can't wait until Pat Bowlen goes into the stands to give Jamarcus Russell's mom ****.

theAPAOps5
05-12-2009, 04:16 PM
I can't wait until Pat Bowlen goes into the stands to give Jamarcus Russell's mom ****.

Just texted this into the fan didn't you? Or someone just did for you!

bombay
05-12-2009, 04:24 PM
Just texted this into the fan didn't you? Or someone just did for you!

Yeah. Only Sandy said 'give her a piece of his mind' instead of 'give her ****'.

ohiobronco2
05-12-2009, 05:29 PM
Whatever excuse you can come up with ALF, what the hell is ALF anyway?

Didn't you see the show A.L.F? It stands for Alien Life Form.

Or in the case of the poster on this site, Always Loves Fellatio. And by that I mean, he loves sucking d***.

FADERPROOF
05-12-2009, 07:46 PM
i got the lakers winning easily tonight, back in the friendly confines and it seems as though the mamba responds well after those kind of losses. Guess i don't see how the lakers come out with some fire and something to prove.

bombay
05-12-2009, 07:53 PM
i got the lakers winning easily tonight, back in the friendly confines and it seems as though the mamba responds well after those kind of losses. Guess i don't see how the lakers come out with some fire and something to prove.

Agree. I wouldn't be surprised if they win by 20 or more.

Boobs McGee
05-12-2009, 07:58 PM
Agree. I wouldn't be surprised if they win by 20 or more.

I'm just really hoping we ACTUALLY PUT THEM AWAY...none of this up by 20, then let em come rushing back in the fourth. It would be really nice to see a game that isn't even close. I'm curious to see who the starting five are, if phillip decides to go a little smaller or not

Inkana7
05-12-2009, 08:00 PM
Is Odom playing?

Boobs McGee
05-12-2009, 08:02 PM
Is Odom playing?

game time decision, I guess the scan came back and he had a bruised lower back. So we'll see (crossing fingers)

FADERPROOF
05-12-2009, 08:19 PM
magic are acting like the magic in the 4th; this team cannot hold a lead and the finesse 3 point team has no mental toughness.

Rulon Velvet Jones
05-12-2009, 08:21 PM
Garnett may be borderline retarded. Calm down, idiot.

bombay
05-12-2009, 09:22 PM
I'm just really hoping we ACTUALLY PUT THEM AWAY...none of this up by 20, then let em come rushing back in the fourth. It would be really nice to see a game that isn't even close. I'm curious to see who the starting five are, if phillip decides to go a little smaller or not

Looks like you're going to get there by halftime.

Ha!

Boobs McGee
05-12-2009, 09:23 PM
pretty damn good start there boys. And when Sasha Vujacic puts it down two handed, the world might be comin to an end haha (as my roomate just said, "man, that girl can sky" lol). Lamar looks kinda tight, hopefully he eases into this. Glad to see our bench is finally starting to resemble what it did in the regular season. KEEP POURIN IT ON

Boobs McGee
05-12-2009, 09:25 PM
Looks like you're going to get there by halftime.

Ha!

i KNOW, right? WHOOPTY WHOOP!!! but, I'm not countin the chickens just yet....

Boobs McGee
05-12-2009, 10:44 PM
alright, NOW I feel safe. Although, in all honesty with what's happened to the rockets, this is the way it SHOULD have been last game as well. Good little confidence builder for Bynum and farmar, finally we're showing a little sign of killer instinct...but against an injury-riddled team. In any case, nice job lake show, keep it rollin.

And p.s., that puppet commercial with kobe and lebron is effin hilarious.

BEEF AND BROCCOLI BABY

cutthemdown
05-12-2009, 10:50 PM
Rockets being killed, Call Obama, send the National guard, the Lakers are killing the Rockets.

24champ
05-13-2009, 12:12 AM
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/0b/fullj.1a889d6ea4decb7e37584fea7133fe64/1a889d6ea4decb7e37584fea7133fe64-getty-86316831ng011_rckts_lakers.jpg

"You can put this one in the refrigerator. The door's closed, the light's out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's getting hard and the Jell-O is jiggling"

cutthemdown
05-13-2009, 02:53 AM
Lakers though not playing like a team that is going to win it all. I do think though they win one of the next 2 and move on.

I keep waiting for them to play better. Tonight I think Rockets injuries to the front line guys just caught up with them. Lakers won't get that luxury vs the East teams if they reach the finals.

OBF1
05-13-2009, 03:36 AM
I will take a 40 point win tonight. They need to play alot better if they want to go any further.

Bob's your Information Minister
05-13-2009, 06:29 AM
There will be a game 6.

Write it down.

Rulon Velvet Jones
05-13-2009, 06:32 AM
In the Celtics-Magic series? Noted.

Man-Goblin
05-13-2009, 09:17 AM
There will be a game 6.

Write it down.

Brought to you byyyyyy

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m114/griffy2k/DoneDealRealLogo.jpg

azbroncfan
05-13-2009, 09:46 AM
There will be a game 6.

Write it down.
I already wrote it down for game 1 and you have said same thing every game and i just cross out the game number and put the new one in.

Boobs McGee
05-13-2009, 10:05 AM
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/0b/fullj.1a889d6ea4decb7e37584fea7133fe64/1a889d6ea4decb7e37584fea7133fe64-getty-86316831ng011_rckts_lakers.jpg

"You can put this one in the refrigerator. The door's closed, the light's out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's getting hard and the Jell-O is jiggling"

damn I miss chick :(

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XVi98BZ2OwA&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XVi98BZ2OwA&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

about twenty five seconds in

Boobs McGee
05-13-2009, 10:11 AM
and p.s. Alf, something funny for ya.

One of my dad's best friends, Alf Claussen, did the music for Alf. He also does most of the music for the simpsons as well, but I think Alf is where he got his start. And that's really his name haha

FADERPROOF
05-13-2009, 11:45 AM
Gotta wait til 9 pm tonight before a basketball game comes on since this team from cleveland already has advanced.

bombay
05-13-2009, 12:05 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_12355737

Dave Krieger on Nuggets/Mavericks.

05-13-2009, 12:22 PM
This is such bull****:

• Unleash the refs. Crews led by Bennett Salvatore (http://www.denverpost.com/topics?topic=Bennett%20Salvatore&searchTerm=Bennett%20Salvatore) and Steve Javie (http://www.denverpost.com/topics?topic=Steve%20Javie&searchTerm=Steve%20Javie) awarded the Mavericks more free throws in each game than they had earned in any game all season.

Maybe if the Thuggets weren't trying to rape every player in the paint...

05-13-2009, 12:26 PM
I already wrote it down for game 1 and you have said same thing every game

Um, no I haven't...

bronco militia
05-13-2009, 12:28 PM
This is such bull****:

Maybe if the Thuggets weren't trying to rape every player in the paint...

every NBA foul is legit....no really, swear to god, bro

:giggle:

bombay
05-13-2009, 12:42 PM
Interesting that dallas, after not having shot more than 39 free throws in a game in 80+ games this season, shot 49 and 43 in games 3 & 4.

05-13-2009, 12:44 PM
Seriously, I can't believe Krieger is whining about the refs.

How many technicals were called on the Mavs the other night? It was simply absurd.

azbroncfan
05-13-2009, 01:32 PM
Um, no I haven't...

Sorry only game 3, 4, and 5 now.

Mavs win tomorrow night. Lock it up.

STFU

We'll take two in Dallas.

WRITE IT DOWN!

The bottomline is no one respects your takes or opinions because over time you have shown what a wannabe sports hack that you really are with no integrity or sense or selfrespect honesty.

Paladin
05-13-2009, 01:35 PM
Bobo was born stupid, trained to be stupid, acts stupid, writes stupid, thinks stupid and is stupid.

Is there anythgng else to be said?

theAPAOps5
05-13-2009, 01:45 PM
Wow Bob sucks at Basketball takes too. He should be become a food blogger.

azbroncfan
05-13-2009, 01:54 PM
Wow Bob sucks at Basketball takes too. He should be become a food blogger.

He should become something other than a loser that has no life or job outside of internet forums.

05-13-2009, 02:03 PM
The bottomline is no one respects your takes or opinions because over time you have shown what a wannabe sports hack that you really are with no integrity or sense or selfrespect honesty.

Well at least I can form complete sentences....

azbroncfan
05-13-2009, 02:27 PM
Well at least I can form complete sentences....

Ahh the grammar slam. Well I have never claimed to be and english guru or great at typing or writing. With that being said how I type has nothing to do with your lack of integrity and inability to grow up and be a man to this society. Instead you insist on being a jobless mooch of your parents and have no life outside of a wannabe sports hack on an internet forum. I might not be the most educated person bobo but I can say I am a self made man with my two residences and haven't lived with my parents in a long time. I paid my way through school, paid any debts or bets that I owed and can support myself easily. Did I mention that we are probably within a year or two of the same age?

Paladin
05-13-2009, 02:55 PM
Don't worry. It took Bobo fifteen minutes to form the thought and then another 17 to type it out. Stupid is a stupid does......

Boobs McGee
05-13-2009, 03:22 PM
well, regardless of bob the wonder mutt's stupidity, the nuggies need to bring their A game tonight. I think Dallas might have found a new sense of entitlement, and if Howard comes back....could be a tough game.

Man-Goblin
05-13-2009, 03:34 PM
well, regardless of bob the wonder mutt's stupidity, the nuggies need to bring their A game tonight. I think Dallas might have found a new sense of entitlement, and if Howard comes back....could be a tough game.

It could be tough. I see a game similar to games 1 and 2 with the Nuggets pulling away at the end. Getting Birdman back will be huge, obviously, and the team will get a jolt from what promises to be a raukus crowd. Those two things should enable the Nuggets to close out the series.

Also, the Nene we saw in the first 7 games of the playoffs decided not to get on the plane to Dallas. Hopefully, he shows up tonight. If so, it will make things much easier for the Nuggets.

bombay
05-13-2009, 03:50 PM

Could be, but I doubt it.

FADERPROOF
05-13-2009, 04:32 PM
i just dealt with a friend of mine that a committed suicide last week, had i known he was contemplating i would have shown him this message board and pointed out posts by bob, wouldve made him change his mind completely about killing himself.

05-13-2009, 05:07 PM
I do have a talent for lighting up people's lives.

Bronx33
05-13-2009, 05:21 PM
I do have a talent for lighting up people's lives.

Dancing for quarters on the corner don't count (that's called pity)

Moreno Knows Best
05-13-2009, 06:21 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_ogrDCYWuQPY/SgreTPAMqqI/AAAAAAAAB98/kudHIO-ZY90/s1600-h/dirk-cougar-hunter.jpghttp://1.bp.blogspot.com/_ogrDCYWuQPY/SgreTPAMqqI/AAAAAAAAB98/kudHIO-ZY90/s1600-h/dirk-cougar-hunter.jpg

bombay
05-13-2009, 07:02 PM
Man, I hope E. Stanley Kroenke really lets Josh Howard's mom have it tonight.

ohiobronco2
05-13-2009, 07:56 PM
Dancing for quarters on the corner don't count (that's called pity)

Pennies if he's lucky.

24champ
05-13-2009, 07:59 PM
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/a0/fullj.57719ea85168a1936f2524ab2ae0d5d1/57719ea85168a1936f2524ab2ae0d5d1-getty-86317051dp005_dallas_maveri.jpg

spdirty
05-13-2009, 08:12 PM
awesome half boys. Now keep it up, finish em, and move on to LA.

theAPAOps5
05-13-2009, 08:14 PM
Wonder if dumb ass Lex will say Melo played horrible again.

05-13-2009, 08:16 PM
Jesus ****ing Christ.

bombay
05-13-2009, 08:18 PM
Dallas isn't in the Nuggets' league.

theAPAOps5
05-13-2009, 08:22 PM
Jesus ****ing Christ.

I see why you like Dallas they are full of a bunch of little bitches, you can relate!

bombay
05-13-2009, 08:25 PM
I kind of feel for Dallas' players having to work for a classless jock sniffer like Cuban.

05-13-2009, 08:29 PM
Dallas isn't in the Nuggets' league.

Nope. Too much talent.

bombay
05-13-2009, 08:32 PM
I really, really, resent the fact that Latrell Sprewell didn't finish off PJ Carlisimo when he had his neck right there in his hands.

Rulon Velvet Jones
05-13-2009, 08:34 PM
Win or lose, I'm still getting a kick put the **** talking and bravado from the newly-found Nuggets fans. It's kinda charming and definitely cute.

News flash, though. After the Mavs, it gets 10x more difficult. Kobe and/or Lebron are in a different category.

Should the Thuggets win, congrats. But you might want to chill out a bit. I understand it's all so new and exciting, but your team has flaws that teams other than Dallas can exploit.

bombay
05-13-2009, 08:37 PM
About time.

Rulon Velvet Jones
05-13-2009, 08:38 PM
About time for what?

bombay
05-13-2009, 08:39 PM
Hope Carmelo doesn't have a groin pull. He's been favoring it for about 5 minutes.

bombay
05-13-2009, 08:49 PM
Nene has been horrible from the line.

SureShot
05-13-2009, 08:59 PM
Win or lose, I'm still getting a kick put the **** talking and bravado from the newly-found Nuggets fans. It's kinda charming and definitely cute.

News flash, though. After the Mavs, it gets 10x more difficult. Kobe and/or Lebron are in a different category.

Should the Thuggets win, congrats. But you might want to chill out a bit. I understand it's all so new and exciting, but your team has flaws that teams other than Dallas can exploit.

At least you aren't bitter.

azbroncfan
05-13-2009, 09:03 PM
Jesus ****ing Christ.

There will be a game 6.

Write it down.

:notworthy

A typical bob attempt at throwing sh#t and hoping it sticks.

SouthStndJunkie
05-13-2009, 09:05 PM
Nuggets up 94-80 at the end of the 3rd quarter.

bombay
05-13-2009, 09:05 PM
Horrible defense and pathetic officiating in the 3rd, but the Nuggets maintain the 14 point lead they took into the quarter.

Broncosfreak_56
05-13-2009, 09:11 PM
**** these goddamn refs.

bombay
05-13-2009, 09:14 PM
It's a bad joke that little joey crawford has an NBA officiating job.

Broncosfreak_56
05-13-2009, 09:22 PM
Melo with a clutch three! Hell yeah!

bombay
05-13-2009, 09:24 PM
Wright loses it and shoves JR for no apparent reason.

bombay
05-13-2009, 09:26 PM
Nene fouls Dirk's elbow with his face.

spdirty
05-13-2009, 09:31 PM
good timeout by Karl.

Broncosfreak_56
05-13-2009, 09:34 PM
Man, I really hope Melo is ok...

spdirty

When your team is good you get to talk ****. You guys just need to worry about Houston though. We'll be waiting for ya.;)

bombay
Either Carmelo has a groin problem or the guy with the dreads likes him a lot.

Rulon Velvet Jones
05-13-2009, 09:35 PM
Wright loses it and shoves JR for no apparent reason.

You're kidding, right?

Broncosfreak_56
05-13-2009, 09:38 PM
BEAUTIFUL defense on Dirk by Melo.

bombay
05-13-2009, 09:40 PM
Cuban can gather his fans around him and they can all have a good cry.

Broncosfreak_56
05-13-2009, 09:41 PM
And there is the finisher!!! AMAZING lob to Kmart by Junior!

spdirty
05-13-2009, 09:41 PM
What a statement to close this ****er out by KMart!!! Hell yeah Western Conference Finals baby!

chickennob2
05-13-2009, 09:43 PM
just saw a guy in the stands with an orange #27 jersey. First Moreno jersey sighting?

Broncosfreak_56
05-13-2009, 09:44 PM
The real 6th man of the year finishing it from the line.

05-13-2009, 09:44 PM
You won't win Game 6. Or game 7.

Write it down.

Broncosfreak_56
05-13-2009, 09:46 PM
You won't win Game 6. Or game 7.

Write it down.

LOL

enjolras
05-13-2009, 09:47 PM
Whoooooo!

spdirty
05-13-2009, 09:49 PM
Wonder if Ray is beat featin it outta there. Old fart has to get up at 3AM tomorrow.

eddie mac
05-13-2009, 09:50 PM
Whatever happens against the Lakers it's a pretty decent accomplishment for this team to get to the Conference Finals.

Well done Nuggs.

Broncosfreak_56
05-13-2009, 09:50 PM
Well, after watching this series, I have to say this: Dirk is one hell of a player. Definitely deserves his first team all NBA nomination.

SouthStndJunkie
05-13-2009, 09:51 PM
Props to the Nuggets.

Come on Houston, wear the Lakers out.

spdirty
05-13-2009, 09:51 PM
Well, after watching this series, I have to say this: Dirk is one hell of a player. Definitely deserves his first team all NBA nomination.

Yep. Classy too. But Bob likes him which still make him a douche.

Moreno Knows Best
05-13-2009, 09:54 PM
/plans trip back to Denver next weekend.

I have got to see a WCF game in person.

Rulon Velvet Jones
05-13-2009, 09:56 PM
Nice work, Nuggets. Well done.

24champ
05-13-2009, 09:58 PM

It's "Rocktober" all over again....:giggle:

bronco610
05-13-2009, 10:02 PM
Go Ringsby Rockets !!!!!!
Saw them when I was 12.

bombay
05-13-2009, 10:02 PM

Dirk had an amazing series. He kept them in it almost by himself.

hades
05-13-2009, 10:03 PM
I never watch basketball, but I am sooooo glad we knocked Dallas out. A lot of people down here are crying!

Of course the main reasons Denver won are the ref's had a thing against Dallas, and the altitude. (2 reasons everyone down here says at least!)

Rulon Velvet Jones
05-13-2009, 10:06 PM
I never watch basketball, but I am sooooo glad we knocked Dallas out. A lot of people down here are crying!

Of course the main reasons Denver won are the ref's had a thing against Dallas, and the altitude. (2 reasons everyone down here says at least!)

I live in Dallas and only the ignorant would think either thing.

Or Bob.

Moreno Knows Best
05-13-2009, 10:07 PM

Especially so when you consider his size. Dude's 7 feet I'm pretty sure, 6'10" at least, and he can stroke it from anywhere. Matchup nightmare.

Rulon Velvet Jones
05-13-2009, 10:14 PM
Hard to believe that some in Dallas has been screaming to trade the guy for years now. They don't get it.

hades
05-13-2009, 10:15 PM
I live in Dallas and only the ignorant would think either thing.

Or Bob.

I know, I try to explain it to them, but they never understand.

Here are some posts on anotehr forum I frequent, mostly Dallasites...

You guys must remember that playing in high altitude works a number on your lungs. If they lose any of their home games they're done.

Sorry, but you're dead wrong. I've made a minimum of 18 trips, yearly, to the mountains in Colorado. Sangre de Cristo mountain range, a few hours from Denver. Your body absolutely DOES NOT acclamate within 72 hours. Don't know where you heard that from, but whoever said it, is a liar, or was talking out their ass and have never been in the situation themselves.

Sure, your body might get used to the labored breathing while walking around, or pulling your pud within 72 hours. But I can assure you, it most certainly does NOT get used to any type of heavy activity, much less run and gun basketball.

It's not outside the realm of possibility, so yeah, I'm serious. Have you ever tried doing anything physically taxing at a higher altitude?

So many more examples there too.

Moreno Knows Best
05-13-2009, 10:18 PM
Hard to believe that some in Dallas has been screaming to trade the guy for years now. They don't get it.

That's pretty retarded, UNLESS you could get a KG-type deal. I'm talking a ton of young talent, a 20-10 guy like Al Jefferson, draft picks, etc.

Minnesota obviously hasn't done anything yet, but I love Al Jefferson, he'll be a player. If you could get a legitimate haul (which is hard, obviously) then I could see it.

But that's a long shot.

spdirty
05-13-2009, 10:19 PM
I know, I try to explain it to them, but they never understand.

Here are some posts on anotehr forum I frequent, mostly Dallasites...

You guys must remember that playing in high altitude works a number on your lungs. If they lose any of their home games they're done.

Sorry, but you're dead wrong. I've made a minimum of 18 trips, yearly, to the mountains in Colorado. Sangre de Cristo mountain range, a few hours from Denver. Your body absolutely DOES NOT acclamate within 72 hours. Don't know where you heard that from, but whoever said it, is a liar, or was talking out their ass and have never been in the situation themselves.

Sure, your body might get used to the labored breathing while walking around, or pulling your pud within 72 hours. But I can assure you, it most certainly does NOT get used to any type of heavy activity, much less run and gun basketball.

It's not outside the realm of possibility, so yeah, I'm serious. Have you ever tried doing anything physically taxing at a higher altitude?

So many more examples there too.

Altitude didnt affect the Lakers last year. Or the Spurs the year before. Or the Bills last year. Or the Raiders. I dont think its much a factor, but if it gets inside their heads, cool.

hades
05-13-2009, 10:41 PM
Altitude didnt affect the Lakers last year. Or the Spurs the year before. Or the Bills last year. Or the Raiders. I dont think its much a factor, but if it gets inside their heads, cool.

yeah, I think Shanahan even said the altitude really has no effect, but the sign that says "You are a mile high" in the locker room has the mental draw on the players.

bronco militia
05-13-2009, 10:43 PM
Altitude didnt affect the Bills last year. Or the Raiders. I dont think its much a factor, but if it gets inside their heads, cool.

of course not...they were playing the Broncos :~ohyah!:

theAPAOps5
05-13-2009, 10:44 PM

Many of posted in the threads last year and during the year too. Just the fact that we rolled your team and its pussy owner makes it glare a little.

Paladin
05-13-2009, 10:47 PM
Altitude does effect athletes. It gets in their heads and it effects them. I could see the Mavs were gasping for air in the fourth. Even the Nuggets were in on the sham because they were breathing hard to continue the suggestion.

Sometimes people are just stupid......

watermock
05-13-2009, 10:59 PM
The Nuggets biggest opponent will be the ref crew.

Broncosfreak_56
05-13-2009, 11:02 PM
Dirk has made a fan out of me. Great player, classy guy. I would love to have him on our team.

bombay
05-13-2009, 11:13 PM
So am I the only one who thinks the Nuggets defensive aggressiveness has been seriously diminished over the last three games with the absurdity of the league mandated foul-call fest?

easymobee
05-13-2009, 11:16 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7x9-BpuKEa4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7x9-BpuKEa4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

KMart cussing out Cuban after game 4. language nsfw

footstepsfrom#27
05-13-2009, 11:22 PM
yeah, I think Shanahan even said the altitude really has no effect, but the sign that says "You are a mile high" in the locker room has the mental draw on the players.
Something I posted a couple years back...

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?p=920427&highlight=altitude#post920427

I tried to link to the whole thing I posted on finhaven.com but it looks like it's expired. I don't know if altitude would impact NBA players the same...possibly not since I think those guys cardio conditioning is probably way better than a 300 pound lineman...something to think about though.

montrose
05-14-2009, 03:31 AM
The Nuggets biggest opponent will be the ref crew.

Bingo Bango.

I couldn't get tickets but wound up going to Brooklyn's (in the Pepsi Center parking lot) to watch the game which was awesome. Ran over to the arena as soon as the game was over to join in the celebrating. It was a great night but now I'm ready for the WCF. Believe...

Man-Goblin
05-14-2009, 07:32 AM
Many of posted in the threads last year and during the year too. Just the fact that we rolled your team and its p***Y owner makes it glare a little.

It's pretty textbook to play the bandwagon card when your team clearly gets it handed to them. Hell, I've done the same thing in the past. But I am sure that Rulon was one of the few fans who actually went to Mavericks games in the early 90's, ya know, when they were setting all-time futility marks in attendance.

As a long time Nuggets fan. I think it's great that more people are watching this team and enjoying their style of play. They are fun to watch when they have it rolling.

Man-Goblin
05-14-2009, 07:36 AM
As for an impending Lakers series (assuming they make it), Kobe has always killed the Nuggets, and they just never seem to have an answer for Pau. After watching the first 7 games of the playoffs, I thought maybe Nene would give him some troubles on both ends. But Nene has been horrible over the last three games. I just don't get that guy.

The one area the Nuggets have a distinct advantage is point guard. The fact that the Lakers function as well as they do with absolute CRAP at the position is very much the exception to the rule in the playoffs. If Boston wins tonight, the Lakers will be the only team left without a very good PG. Other than Kobe, Chauncey is the player that has the most to gain historically from this post season. If he can carry the Nuggets to the Finals, you might be able to start talking HoF for him.

I want to say the Lakers win in 6, but then I don't see the Nuggets losing game 6 at home. So I will say Lakers in 7, but if the Nuggets play D like they have the last 3 games, it could be a shorter series.

I wouldn't rule out a Nuggets upset, though. ANYTHING IS POSSIBLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLE!

slyinky
05-14-2009, 07:54 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7x9-BpuKEa4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7x9-BpuKEa4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

LOL Cuban does come off as effeminate, what with his limp wristed gestures and prissy walk.

PaintballCLE
05-14-2009, 08:24 AM
Nuggets = 2005 Suns

Go Cavs!

theAPAOps5
05-14-2009, 08:25 AM
It's pretty textbook to play the bandwagon card when your team clearly gets it handed to them. Hell, I've done the same thing in the past. But I am sure that Rulon was one of the few fans who actually went to Mavericks games in the early 90's, ya know, when they were setting all-time futility marks in attendance.

As a long time Nuggets fan. I think it's great that more people are watching this team and enjoying their style of play. They are fun to watch when they have it rolling.

Oh I know and I hope Rulon knows its just friendly banter. Just I don't post here about the nuggets that much as its a broncos board mostly. I read and occassionally post over at nugpuppy but mostly read.

theAPAOps5
05-14-2009, 08:29 AM
As for an impending Lakers series (assuming they make it), Kobe has always killed the Nuggets, and they just never seem to have an answer for Pau. After watching the first 7 games of the playoffs, I thought maybe Nene would give him some troubles on both ends. But Nene has been horrible over the last three games. I just don't get that guy.

The one area the Nuggets have a distinct advantage is point guard. The fact that the Lakers function as well as they do with absolute CRAP at the position is very much the exception to the rule in the playoffs. If Boston wins tonight, the Lakers will be the only team left without a very good PG. Other than Kobe, Chauncey is the player that has the most to gain historically from this post season. If he can carry the Nuggets to the Finals, you might be able to start talking HoF for him.

I want to say the Lakers win in 6, but then I don't see the Nuggets losing game 6 at home. So I will say Lakers in 7, but if the Nuggets play D like they have the last 3 games, it could be a shorter series.

I wouldn't rule out a Nuggets upset, though. ANYTHING IS POSSIBLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLE!

The issue I have is how the nuggets reverted the past 2 games. Yeah the Mavs were desperate but that lock down Defense we say the first 7 games kind of faded.

They have to play perfect D and O against the Lakers and the Lakers own Denver so they need to step it up.

I think the Nuggets can make a series of it and it depends on what mindset the Lakers come out with as they have been really a jekyl and hyde team of late.

azbroncfan
05-14-2009, 09:45 AM

Well KMart looked like the discription that Cuban had of him that pissed him off.

azbroncfan
05-14-2009, 09:49 AM

Everyone here that has been on the BB boards for awhile knows I'm not a Nugget fan but I do believe that they can beat the LA. There is no reason for Denver's bigs to not push LA's soft fruity euro, and bynum/odom around and dominate the boards. PG is a huge advantage for Denver. The matchup that I wonder about is who does Denver put on Kobe? I don't think it is Melo because you can't afford to get him in foul trouble. Smith will have to man up and take him. Should be a good series and I could see a Nuggets in 6 series.

bombay
05-14-2009, 10:15 AM
Everyone here that has been on the BB boards for awhile knows I'm not a Nugget fan but I do believe that they can beat the LA. There is no reason for Denver's bigs to not push LA's soft fruity euro, and bynum/odom around and dominate the boards. PG is a huge advantage for Denver. The matchup that I wonder about is who does Denver put on Kobe? I don't think it is Melo because you can't afford to get him in foul trouble. Smith will have to man up and take him. Should be a good series and I could see a Nuggets in 6 series.

Dahntey Jones spelled by JR.

Rulon Velvet Jones
05-14-2009, 10:19 AM
Many of posted in the threads last year and during the year too. Just the fact that we rolled your team and its p***Y owner makes it glare a little.

I've had just about enough of you, son. ;)

Man-Goblin
05-14-2009, 10:32 AM

I think you're going to see Martin on Kobe more than one might think. Karl has stated numerous times throughout the season that he thinks Martin can guard any position on the court. You'll also probably see the Nuggets double Kobe (to their demise?) a lot more than you saw with Nowitzki.

But in the long run, the Nuggets switch so much that Kobe's going to see a little bit of everybody.

theAPAOps5
05-14-2009, 10:47 AM
I've had just about enough of you, son. ;)

LOL :angel:

azbroncfan
05-14-2009, 10:47 AM
I think you're going to see Martin on Kobe more than one might think. Karl has stated numerous times throughout the season that he thinks Martin can guard any position on the court. .

Yuk, I don't like that matchup at all. Kobe will blow by him with ease and get layups, fouled or wide open spot up 3 pt shooters. I think it would get Martin in foul trouble fairly quickly. Now I do like Martin on Gasol, Bynum and especially Odom. Denver needs to steal one of the first two games in LA in my opinion.

24champ
05-14-2009, 11:05 AM

JR Smith can't guard Kobe, Man Goblin has it right, it will be K-thug. Then after Kobe you have serious matchup problems.

ColoradoBuff
05-14-2009, 11:14 AM
JR Smith can't guard Kobe, Man Goblin has it right, it will be K-thug. Then after Kobe you have serious matchup problems.

Jones will guard Kobe. He shut down Paul.

bombay
05-14-2009, 11:17 AM
Hope our thug gives the rapist a beat down.

Although I doubt he'll be guarding him much, if at all.

24champ
05-14-2009, 11:21 AM
Jones will guard Kobe. He shut down Paul.

:spit:

bombay
05-14-2009, 11:23 AM
I'm guessing the rapist probably began his long downward slide this season. He just doesn't look as athletic as he once did.

crush17
05-14-2009, 11:25 AM
Dhantay Jones will guard Kobe.

The Big E
05-14-2009, 11:26 AM
Yuk, I don't like that matchup at all. Kobe will blow by him with ease and get layups, fouled or wide open spot up 3 pt shooters. I think it would get Martin in foul trouble fairly quickly. Now I do like Martin on Gasol, Bynum and especially Odom. Denver needs to steal one of the first two games in LA in my opinion.
I think Martin does a great job on Kobe, but it also can lead to some foul trouble on him. Kobe has more trouble getting around Martin than you think, and he also provides a tough challenge on the jumpers. They might use Martin on him more during crunch time.

LA still has the frontcourt advantage. I wouldn't swap Gasol, Bynum or Odom for any of Denver's bigs. It's going to be a great series, and Denver is definitely capable of taking it. The habit of mailing games in periodically will catch up to the Lakers eventually. (Yes, I'm assuming LA gets to the WCF)

24champ
05-14-2009, 11:28 AM
I'm guessing the rapist probably began his long downward slide this season. He just doesn't look as athletic as he once did.

Yeah he looked pretty shi***y when he dropped 40 on the Rockets or when he had 26 points through 3 quarters. That guy has to retire. :spit:

Man-Goblin
05-14-2009, 11:55 AM
Jones plays less than 20 minutes per game. He'll probably start each half on Kobe, but past that you won't see him much, unless the Nuggets need some last minute stops.

Inkana7
05-14-2009, 12:05 PM
Jones did a good job on Paul, but Paul doesn't have the jumpshot that Kobe does.

Boobs McGee
05-14-2009, 12:38 PM
back in the day Kmart was one of the best one on one defenders in the game imo, then EVERYONE was pissed when he wasn't livin up to that ginormous contract. Seems to be back in for now, and I think he'll slow kobe down a bit. But that's about it. You can't stop him, you can only hope to contain him

lex
05-14-2009, 12:44 PM
back in the day Kmart was one of the best one on one defenders in the game imo, then EVERYONE was pissed when he wasn't livin up to that ginormous contract. Seems to be back in for now, and I think he'll slow kobe down a bit. But that's about it. You can't stop him, you can only hope to contain him

...stop/contain him from scoring or shooting? Seriously, a lot of guys can score 40 points if they take enough shots. Kobe is, what, a 43% shooter over his career? Basically, that suggests they need to clamp off the lane, which Boston was pretty effective at last year. If Denver can do that, I like their chances.

This series comes down to 3 things:

1. Refereeing...I fully expect it to be slanted in LAs favor. The NBA has a dubious history of this.

2. Keeping Kobe out of the lane.

3. LA's outside shooting.

azbroncfan
05-14-2009, 12:45 PM
...even if that means Kobe has to take 40 shots to score 40 points.

Kobe will do that if he has too. Kobe does what Kobe wants and refuses the word no or you can't do that for an answer.

lex
05-14-2009, 12:50 PM
Kobe will do that if he has too. Kobe does what Kobe wants and refuses the word no or you can't do that for an answer.

Huh?

Paladin
05-14-2009, 01:14 PM
And just who from the Flakers is going to get Carmelo? Billups? JR? Martin? Nene? The bench for the Nuggets produces a lot of energy and changes the speed of the game. Despite all the bravado, I think if the Flakers take the Nuggets too lightly, it will be a series.....

It is not just a matchup with Kobe. The Flakers will have some issues, too, I think You think Gasol can hang with Nene? You think Bynum can stay out of foul trouble against Melo?

Don't take the Nuggets lightly......

Boobs McGee
05-14-2009, 01:19 PM
...stop/contain him from scoring or shooting? Seriously, a lot of guys can score 40 points if they take enough shots. Kobe is, what, a 43% shooter over his career? Basically, that suggests they need to clamp off the lane, which Boston was pretty effective at last year. If Denver can do that, I like their chances.

This series comes down to 3 things:

1. Refereeing...I fully expect it to be slanted in LAs favor. The NBA has a dubious history of this.

2. Keeping Kobe out of the lane.

3. LA's outside shooting.

but by clamping off the lane, your only limiting one area of his game. Now that he has a stronger supporting cast, that pick and roll/outside shooting/drive and cause a double team all of a sudden becomes much much more dangerous.

And again, you can't stop Kobe. Just like you can't stop your precious Lebron. These players can only be limited, which is why they need a strong group of individuals around them to win. No one player can do it on their own, obviously. I was making that distinction.

Keep Kobe out of the lane? Ask Houston how that's worked out so far. Last game kobe took three shots in the paint, yet managed 26 points and sat out the fourth.

easymobee
05-14-2009, 01:19 PM
The PG matchup will be big. Chauncey has far outplayed both Paul and Kidd to this point. Now he gets Derek Fisher. Well be just fine if Carmelo and Billups continue to put up 55 a night between them on a regular basis.

Boobs McGee
05-14-2009, 01:21 PM
And just who from the Flakers is going to get Carmelo? Billups? JR? Martin? Nene? The bench for the Nuggets produces a lot of energy and changes the speed of the game. Despite all the bravado, I think if the Flakers take the Nuggets too lightly, it will be a series.....

It is not just a matchup with Kobe. The Flakers will have some issues, too, I think You think Gasol can hang with Nene? You think Bynum can stay out of foul trouble against Melo?

Don't take the Nuggets lightly......

that's exactly what I'm worried about. Hopefully this houston series gave us a swift kick in the ass, or else we're in some trouble. The Lakers have a problem playing down or up to their competition, respectively...It would just be really nice to see them grab a team by the throat and just rip em apart.

lex
05-14-2009, 01:37 PM
but by clamping off the lane, your only limiting one area of his game. Now that he has a stronger supporting cast, that pick and roll/outside shooting/drive and cause a double team all of a sudden becomes much much more dangerous.

And again, you can't stop Kobe. Just like you can't stop your precious Lebron. These players can only be limited, which is why they need a strong group of individuals around them to win. No one player can do it on their own, obviously. I was making that distinction.

First of all, stop pretending like Kobe is some dead eye from the outside. You should check out his shooting %. Its not that great even with his ability to get to the basket. He has some nights where he is on and then other nights where he is 5/25. Stop pretending otherwise. Kobe's scoring has been a function of taking a lot of shots.

Also, you must have me confused with someone else. Im not one who has relentlessly championed Lebron.

Keep Kobe out of the lane? Ask Houston how that's worked out so far. Last game kobe took three shots in the paint, yet managed 26 points and sat out the fourth.

I didnt say they could or that its easy. But its not like its never been done before. Once again (I mentioned this previously but you must of missed it), Boston was able to do it. As a matter of fact, Paul Pierce was effective defending Kobe and that was with a bad wheel. And then behind Pierce there was Garnett. Denver has a few guys that can move their feet and they also have Nene or Martin behind them. The thing is too that when Boston and LA play, the refs are more apt to call it on the level. Denver doesnt have the cache that Boston does (unfortunately for them) and so 50/50 calls that might have gone Bostons way last year, will likely go LAs way this year even though Denver essentially may be as effective or moreso than Boston was last year. If LA is going to get calls because theyre LA, that changes things significantly.

Boobs McGee
05-14-2009, 02:02 PM
First of all, stop pretending like Kobe is some dead eye from the outside. You should check out his shooting %. Its not that great even with his ability to get to the basket. He has some nights where he is on and then other nights where he is 5/25. Stop pretending otherwise. Kobe's scoring has been a function of taking a lot of shots.

Also, you must have me confused with someone else. Im not one who has relentlessly championed Lebron.

I didnt say they could or that its easy. But its not like its never been done before. Once again (I mentioned this previously but you must of missed it), Boston was able to do it. As a matter of fact, Paul Pierce was effective defending Kobe and that was with a bad wheel. And then behind Pierce there was Garnett. Denver has a few guys that can move their feet and they also have Nene or Martin behind them. The thing is too that when Boston and LA play, the refs are more apt to call it on the level. Denver doesnt have the cache that Boston does (unfortunately for them) and so 50/50 calls that might have gone Bostons way last year, will likely go LAs way this year even though Denver essentially may be as effective or moreso than Boston was last year. If LA is going to get calls because theyre LA, that changes things significantly.

Sorry, for some reason I thought you were one of the Lebron Lovers.

I did read your earlier post about boston, and that's partially what I was referring to. Of course Kobe takes a lot of shots, and has off nights where those numbers look outrageous. But with boston last year, the reason pierce was so effective is because Kobe had no one else to step up. Even with Pau, they finally had someone big enough to take him out of the equation. Sasha, farmar and walton were all playing like ****, and it became the Kobe show. Don't fool yourself though, that wasn't JUST paul pierce helping, I saw plenty of shifts that trapped him in double teams with no where to go.

My whole point, was that Kobe is going to make shots (and yes, take a high number of shots), but this year he has a more reliable bench, better big man play...

Nuggs are gonna have a tough series here, no doubt.

I have to disagree with your whole officiating take though. I just hate it when people automatically come up with excuses before the game is actually played. It's like giving yourself an easy out when they lose.

Kobe is no longer the NBA's golden boy. The refs won't be a factor

rastaman
05-14-2009, 02:05 PM
Hope our thug gives the rapist a beat down.

Although I doubt he'll be guarding him much, if at all.

Kobe ain't no rapist!!! Now he's proven to be an unfaithful husband and an adulterer. If you recall, Kobe Bryant sexual assault case ended , after the defense introduced what it described as "compelling evidence" that the accuser wore underpants containing another man's semen to her rape exam. Sounds like Kobe's alleged victim just wanted to get PAID!!!

05-14-2009, 02:33 PM
I don't think the Lakers are nearly as athletic as the Nuggets.

That was the main thing that stood out to me watching the Mavs. They looked slow, old, or both. The only guys who could compete athletically were Howard, Terry Barea. One of them was injured and the other is 5-foot-3. And Terry couldn't hit a shot. Dampier was useless out there.

Billups, Carmelo and Nene just outclassed the Mavs athletically, big time. And JR Smith.

Man-Goblin
05-14-2009, 02:39 PM
I don't think the Lakers are nearly as athletic as the Nuggets.

That was the main thing that stood out to me watching the Mavs. They looked slow, old, or both. The only guys who could compete athletically were Howard, Terry Barea. One of them was injured and the other is 5-foot-3. And Terry couldn't hit a shot. Dampier was useless out there.

Billups, Carmelo and Nene just outclassed the Mavs athletically, big time. And JR Smith.

Hold on, I'm writing this down.

TDmvp
05-14-2009, 02:41 PM
Sounds like Kobe's alleged victim just wanted to get PAID!!!

Or it sounds like she didn't want it in the butt ...
Hilarious!

BroncoBuff
05-14-2009, 02:43 PM

Although K-Mart did a pretty good job on Kobe a year ago, I look for Dahntay Jones to guard Kobe, outta the gate at least ... and J.R. Smith is a very good defender.

Nene on Gasol, and K-Mart will beat down Bynum and send him into his youthful shell :thumbs:

I also like Birdman's energy off the bench to disrupt Gasol ....

TDmvp
05-14-2009, 02:45 PM
http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/2763/366774048333c711e67o.jpg

24champ
05-14-2009, 02:59 PM
Although K-Mart did a pretty good job on Kobe a year ago, I look for Dahntay Jones to guard Kobe, outta the gate at least ... and J.R. Smith is a very good defender.

Nene on Gasol, and K-Mart will beat down Bynum and send him into his youthful shell :thumbs:

I also like Birdman's energy off the bench to disrupt Gasol ....

Birdman isn't all that great of a defender, he bites on the fakes too much because he goes for just the block and Pau will own him there. Bynum looks to be coming into his own, with his 14 point 6 rebound effort the other night. We'll see if that continues tonight.

JR cannot guard Kobe, it's been proven time after time. Anyone remember last year when JR got embarrassed by Kobe and started talking trash to Kobe?

Billups is slower than most of the PGs we have played in Deron and Brooks. Fisher will do better job than most people think.

Ariza has the length and speed to keep Carmelo in check, that's why Carmelo historically has bad games against us.

Last but not least, Zen Master owns Karl.

bombay
05-14-2009, 03:18 PM
Kobe ain't no rapist!!! Now he's proven to be an unfaithful husband and an adulterer. If you recall, Kobe Bryant sexual assault case ended , after the defense introduced what it described as "compelling evidence" that the accuser wore underpants containing another man's semen to her rape exam. Sounds like Kobe's alleged victim just wanted to get PAID!!!

That's right. He's MVP (most victims paid).

Paladin
05-14-2009, 03:35 PM
Birdman isn't all that great of a defender, he bites on the fakes too much because he goes for just the block and Pau will own him there. Bynum looks to be coming into his own, with his 14 point 6 rebound effort the other night. We'll see if that continues tonight.

JR cannot guard Kobe, it's been proven time after time. Anyone remember last year when JR got embarrassed by Kobe and started talking trash to Kobe?

Billups is slower than most of the PGs we have played in Deron and Brooks. Fisher will do better job than most people think.

Ariza has the length and speed to keep Carmelo in check, that's why Carmelo historically has bad games against us.

Nothing but homerisms, there sport. Can you say anything postitive about the Nuggets? Or are you just into cute little insults and colored glasses? I think the Denver fans have a more realistic view of the teams than you do. Speaks volumns about your "analyses".

Just because of your arrogance, I am going to predict that the Faker-Nuggets series will go 7 games. Put that in your pipe and choke on it, old timer........

24champ
05-14-2009, 03:43 PM
I think the Denver fans have a more realistic view of the teams than you do.

Good for you guys...here's some cookies.

http://www.medlaunches.com/entry-images/1206/25/chocolate-chip-cookies-480.jpg

bombay
05-14-2009, 04:16 PM
West finals give Nuggets reason to shout

By Adrian Wojnarowski (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/expertsarchive;_ylt=Askjt5CX3y.imKXA3x3heezTjdIF?a uthor=Adrian+Wojnarowski), Yahoo! Sports 13 hours, 4 minutes ago

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/d5/fullj.e331a50c0447c7a47154382af79977ec/e331a50c0447c7a47154382af79977ec-getty-86317051ge026_mavs_nuggets.jpg Nuggets make West finals (http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/_ylt=Aoqx0zWzpssWhrcdA4x.HJPTjdIF/SIG=12rjo660n/**http%3A//cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/sports/index.php%3Frn=207187%26cl=13461706%26ch=244098) Nuggets make West finals

More NBA Videos (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/video;_ylt=AsUGgDsDovddMf8UptJ8eYPTjdIF)

<SCRIPT> YAHOO.Sports.Window.set('sk-right-video', 'uvp-link');</SCRIPT>More From Adrian Wojnarowski

Howard calls out coach's play-calling (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Ai9cbJ4PIc5VfvhEo_35wN7TjdIF?slug=aw-magichoward051209&prov=yhoo&type=lgns) May 13, 2009
Daddy Rich says goodbye (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AsU.XMgN0eq6wgQ3S7qokq7TjdIF?slug=aw-daly051009&prov=yhoo&type=lgns) May 10, 2009

http://l.yimg.com/a/i/us/sp/cn/headshots/adrian_wojnarowski.jpg (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/expertsarchive;_ylt=AsltQM4GVQkKEHtiUVzU1B3TjdIF?a uthor=Adrian+Wojnarowski)
http://l.yimg.com/a/i/us/sp/p/yse_lo_70x24_2.gif (http://us.rd.yahoo.com/sports/yhoo/nba/analysis/SIG=11daaeced;_ylt=AlSvVKMM3MSGdiw9yYzBtLXTjdIF/*http%3A//sports.yahoo.com/top/expertscorner)

DENVER – David Stern’s worst nightmare let the love wash over it on Wednesday night, arms raised, noise crashing down, the raucous and rolling Denver Nuggets (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/teams/den/;_ylt=AjNMM6nEQ2tPxiJ.o8FGlC3TjdIF) rushing into the Western Conference finals. Carmelo Anthony (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3706/;_ylt=AizvYtZWptMoY97i2D_jmp_TjdIF)(notes) (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3706/news;_ylt=Aiy4eOxdT6PzQ2nb9xVO3lvTjdIF) and Kenyon Martin (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3400/;_ylt=Asoqj9pc3epc32AtEaiu6FDTjdIF)(notes) (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3400/news;_ylt=AkbnE6TxJxIXCz_UC8P.ecvTjdIF) and J.R. Smith (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3835/;_ylt=AkH5wDB_Z01ginFISthkDzrTjdIF)(notes) (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3835/news;_ylt=AifvuG2DtySIjG7.qRIXrRzTjdIF) traded knowing nods and I-told-you-so laughs. Suddenly, those bad tatts and bad reputations are serious and sobering threats to the commissioner’s television-driven desire of a Kobe-LeBron NBA Finals.

The Los Angeles Lakers (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/teams/lal/;_ylt=AiwCkWkwCu.nN1eZOFIgCu7TjdIF) are increasingly wobbly, and those chants of “Beat L.A. … Beat L.A.” in the final moments of Game 5 aren’t such a far-fetched idea. It is improbable, yes, but the days and nights of waiting for the Nuggets to implode are over. They’re explosive and hardened and dangerous. They’re the hot NCAA tournament team on a March roll, flexing and preening, feeling like it can do anything.
“They’re a legitimate championship-caliber team,” Dallas coach Rick Carlisle said. “They’ve got a great shot, a real opportunity.”
Mostly, they’ve grown up. Chauncey Billups (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3174/;_ylt=AgevutzZNent.0sB5DI4SMXTjdIF)(notes) (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3174/news;_ylt=AlfooeDRmNymGffjupeh1MDTjdIF) walked into the gymnasium and changed everything here. He had a genius 28 points and 12 assists in the 124-110 victory to eliminate the Dallas Mavericks (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/teams/dal/;_ylt=AoTz7nRAMXWQJSS6l.2ijfTTjdIF), and now, remarkably, takes his seventh straight team to a conference final.
“Storybook,” Billups said. He has come home to Denver, and restored character and credibility to this uneven franchise.

<!--Vendor: Turner Inc, Format: IFRAME --><!-- ADSPACE: news/bottom.160x600 --><IFRAME id=683598 style="LEFT: 0px; POSITION: relative; TOP: 0px" name=683598 marginWidth=0 marginHeight=0 src="http://ads.nba.com/html.ng/site=ynba&ynba_pos=160x600_bot&ynba_rollup=news&params.styles=html_tags&tile=1242339069023693" frameBorder=0 width=160 scrolling=no height=600></IFRAME>
<!-- /SIG=15phpdl64/M=698984.13038616.13242944.12597757/D=sports/S=97684947:SKY/_ylt=AiK.POAsDYrEVZdo2a.vm9DTjdIF/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1242346269/L=gJZWRNG_bvHsN7X6STLo7ATe2CbLNkoMlvwADpfd/B=jxvTFdG_XLs-/J=1242339069023693/K=RIGSh2ieZlCRArSXafh2kw/A=5515690/R=0 --><SCRIPT language=javascript>if(window.yzq_d==null)window.yzq_d=new Object();window.yzq_d['jxvTFdG_XLs-']='&U=13fpnst8q%2fN%3djxvTFdG_XLs-%2fC%3d698984.13038616.13242944.12597757%2fD%3dSKY %2fB%3d5515690%2fV%3d1';</SCRIPT><NOSCRIPT></NOSCRIPT>
As much as anything, Denver has Dallas owner Mark Cuban to thank for much of the prism with which the public will judge these Nuggets now. He had to go and use that tired code word that comes with rugged, black basketball players in America: thug.
Martin is a nightmare on the floor, but he’s no thug. Smith can be a clown, but he’s no thug. Anthony has a history, too, but he’s grown up a lot.
Thugs? Listen, they seldom make it to the NBA. When they do, they don’t have staying power. Cuban has long railed against the stereotypes and labels thrust onto NBA players, and he went a long way toward perpetuating them with that sophomoric snap at K-Mart’s mother, Lydia Moore. It’s strange: In hockey, they don’t use that word with physical players. When they have tattoos, it seems, everything changes.

In the end, it fed the public’s worst sensibilities about judging these Nuggets. Stern should be ashamed of himself. He can’t have an owner talking that way. He created a climate in Game 4 in Dallas that was needless and despicable, a free-for-all on the Nuggets and their families on Monday.

Cuban did everyone a favor running off to Vegas to pick up an award for Game 5 because his presence at the Pepsi Center would’ve brought out the worst in everyone. This way, the Nuggets could spend this night celebrating a return to the conference finals for the first time since 1985 without cursing out Cuban.

Nevertheless, Cuban’s apology on his blog was a half-assed embarrassment, self-indulgent and patronizing. It was rightfully unacceptable to the Nuggets, and it should’ve been to the league office, too.

The NBA insisted that it was a closed matter on Wednesday, and a spokesman said, “We are confident that this will be brought to an intelligent close with an adult conversation.” Yes, that’s how this will be resolved with Cuban and Martin. Adult conversion. K-Mart was berating him when they parted ways in Dallas this week. Fines mean nothing to Cuban, but the league office owed everyone a strongly worded reprimand, if not a quantifiable punishment. Owners should be held to a different standard and almost never are in the NBA.

“They called us every name in the book,” Anthony said.

If nothing else, this episode turned out to be a valuable test for Denver. Once, the Nuggets would’ve become consumed with exacting immature revenge. No sucker punches, no brawls, no suspensions. Anthony has come a long way, and now gets a chance to become a genuine superstar in the NBA. He fell far behind classmates LeBron James (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3704/;_ylt=Al.LPZcT1ZUSpuuLiKksAprTjdIF)(notes) (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3704/news;_ylt=AnA4KdTVQzNJdYfEQiEKCzvTjdIF) and Dwyane Wade (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3708/;_ylt=AlUqFA1xUD3jtcw_GNaoMMvTjdIF)(notes) (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3708/news;_ylt=AkkmhOoTOwqzA_uoDAHVS7fTjdIF) because he couldn’t stay out of trouble and because the Nuggets never won in the playoffs. Last summer, Denver dumped Marcus Camby’s (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3084/;_ylt=AnizXGqvnwGEPwhFgAXx_H3TjdIF)(notes) (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3084/news;_ylt=ApNNu71y6Yhcm2TMjY3XXjLTjdIF) contract for nothing and Anthony’s Team USA teammates relentlessly teased him.
“I was kind of the joke of the USA team,” he said. “They said that we got rid of all of our guys.”
The NBA’s executive of the year, Mark Warkentien, reshaped these Nuggets and they came of age. As they ran down the corridor to the locker room after the beat-down on the Mavericks, Martin yelled, “Eight more. …We need eight more.”
The Denver Nuggets are thinking about the West finals and beyond now. These bad tatts and bad reputations are the commissioner’s worst nightmare. The Nuggets have reached the conference finals thinking it feels like March and they’re on some kind of a roll.

“I have a feeling we are not going to be messed up by the next round,” Denver coach George Karl said. “People are waiting for us to crack, but there is a smart toughness to this team.”
Beat L.A., they screamed in the Mile High City. Beat L.A.
No one was laughing. Not anymore.

Rulon Velvet Jones
05-14-2009, 04:17 PM
Those points aren't that "homer". He's right about Andersen - the guy tries so hard for blocks that he's easy to bait into fouls. He won't have a fun time in this series.

Easy on the Bynum point, though. He may have taken a baby step forward the other night, but he keeps taking them backward after he does.

JR can't guard Kobe, but it will be funny to watch him try. Same goes for Dahntay Jones and K-Mart.

A long line of Odom, Gasol and Ariza will hurt the Nuggets inside and the Lakers bring a lot of talent and smart play off the bench.

I don't care about either team, but Lakers in 5.

The Big E
05-14-2009, 04:35 PM
Let's just avoid any "Kobe stopper" talk. I don't see anyone that is going to do any better than Battier and Artest. Stopping any of the top offensive players in the league cannot be done by one guy, IMO.

There are a lot of good points mixed in with the sniping that's already started. I think Bynum might get pushed back into his shell, as BB suggested. That may change from game to game, and is probably the X-factor of the series. If he progresses and gets closer to where he was before he got hurt, look out. Gasol has a height advantage that he will exploit. He may be a stringbean, but I've really grown to appreciate his significant skill level and basketball smarts.

Melo has had trouble with LA in the past, but I think it's been Odom giving him more trouble than Ariza. Ariza didn't even play in last year's series. I have a feeling Melo will keep rolling and will have more success this series against LA than he's had in the past, although I hope not.

Paladin
05-14-2009, 04:42 PM
Take those cookies and shove them up your colon.

Yeah, the Mavs sure pointed that out, didn't they?

DBruleU
05-14-2009, 05:09 PM

LOL

Wow...might as well pack it up and give the trophy to the Lakers.

azbroncfan
05-14-2009, 05:42 PM

I did read your earlier post about boston, and that's partially what I was referring to. Of course Kobe takes a lot of shots, and has off nights where those numbers look outrageous. But with boston last year, the reason pierce was so effective is because Kobe had no one else to step up. Even with Pau, they finally had someone big enough to take him out of the equation. Sasha, farmar and walton were all playing like ****, and it became the Kobe show. Don't fool yourself though, that wasn't JUST paul pierce helping, I saw plenty of shifts that trapped him in double teams with no where to go.

My whole point, was that Kobe is going to make shots (and yes, take a high number of shots), but this year he has a more reliable bench, better big man play...

I have to disagree with your whole officiating take though. I just hate it when people automatically come up with excuses before the game is actually played. It's like giving yourself an easy out when they lose.

The Key to beating the lakers is holding Kobe to 1 pt per shot attempt. If he is around 1.5 pts per attempt they are hard to beat.

Boobs McGee
05-14-2009, 06:27 PM
The Key to beating the lakers is holding Kobe to 1 pt per shot attempt. If he is around 1.5 pts per attempt they are hard to beat.

That's definitely part of it. I really think we're gonna see a battle of the benches. Kobe, melo, chauncey, pau, they're all gonna get theirs. It all depends on the respective supporting casts.

I was actually speaking (in the post you quoted, right down at the end of it) to the fact that Kobe isn't getting the calls he used to. His ft attempts have been abysmal, and not for lack of trying. I know people here are gonna rip me for saying so, but oh well. Not blaming the refs, cause it's part of the game.

Kobe definitely needs to keep that per shot attempt up though....

I guess I shouldn't get ahead of myself, we havent even beaten THE ROCKETS YET!!!!!!

BroncoBuff
05-14-2009, 06:49 PM

Hmmm, yes, quite. I see. Everything is positive for the Lakers, and nothing is positive for Denver, is that it? Yes, hmmm, quite.

Then whatever logic do we employ to explain away the Nuggets' all-time NBA playoff point differential? Wot wot.

Indupitably, each of Denver 4-1 playoff series wins included just one loss, each by a mere 2 points and on the road.

Yes, mmmmm, quite.

lex
05-14-2009, 06:54 PM

Of course the Lakers get calls. Stern doesnt care about Kobe as much as he cares about viewers. More viewers means the networks are happy because they can charge more for advertising space, which in turn makes the networks happy. The Lakers are a brand thats bigger than Kobe. Its about that brand and its multitude of viewers more than its about Kobe. This is what the league cares about and its reflected in the officiating.

Who does Kobe have to step up now that he didnt have last year? LA is still reliant on other guys knocking down 3 pointers. When they're going down, great. When theyre not, its a different story. The problem with the Lakers, from what Ive seen, is that a lot of their 3 point shooters is that it seems like when one guy is cold, most of them are cold. It was like this last year in the finals. I havent seen a lot thats drastically different this year. Theyre still kind of that team.

Denver just came out of a series playing against a team that could shoot the three as good as or better than the Lakers. The Mavs have a better outside shooter than Kobe in Dirk. The Mavs dont have someone like Kobe though who can create a shot and take it inside like Kobe. But if Denver can force Kobe to settle for shots outside because he's not going to the line 20 times a game or making layups, then the Mavs had equal ammo to what the Lakers had. And I just dont see Gasol winning this series for the Lakers without some dubious officiating.

azbroncfan
05-14-2009, 07:14 PM

Where is the mention that Denver is playing a lot better and way more physical that LA? You bring up a bench players D when Martin and Nene will see Gasol more and Birdmans strength and length will affect "SOFT" Pau. I'm sure he will get some FT's by getting him in the air though.

The Big E
05-14-2009, 07:17 PM
Of course the Lakers get calls. Stern doesnt care about Kobe as much as he cares about viewers. More viewers means the networks are happy because they can charge more for advertising space, which in turn makes the networks happy. The Lakers are a brand thats bigger than Kobe. Its about that brand and its multitude of viewers more than its about Kobe. This is what the league cares about and its reflected in the officiating.

Who does Kobe have to step up now that he didnt have last year? LA is still reliant on other guys knocking down 3 pointers. When they're going down, great. When theyre not, its a different story. The problem with the Lakers, from what Ive seen, is that a lot of their 3 point shooters is that it seems like when one guy is cold, most of them are cold. It was like this last year in the finals. I havent seen a lot thats drastically different this year. Theyre still kind of that team.

Denver just came out of a series playing against a team that could shoot the three as good as or better than the Lakers. The Mavs have a better outside shooter than Kobe in Dirk. The Mavs dont have someone like Kobe though who can create a shot and take it inside like Kobe. But if Denver can force Kobe to settle for shots outside because he's not going to the line 20 times a game or making layups, then the Mavs had equal ammo to what the Lakers had. And I just dont see Gasol winning this series for the Lakers without some dubious officiating.

What team isn't going to have a hard time if their shots aren't going down? I really don't think the Lakers are a 3-point shooting team per se. In fact, their strength is their size down low, and if they can remember to get the ball down low and work inside out, they'll be in good shape. The interior passing of their big men is the best in the league. It's going to be one hell of a series, as any conference finals should be.

Moreno Knows Best
05-14-2009, 07:18 PM
Just like the first round, just like the second rounds, Nuggets need to man up and prove it in the third round.

Lakers are a good team, and it's going to be rough. I'll be pretty pleased with the Nuggies pushing it to 6 or 7 games. It's hard to gauge, because while I do agree the Nuggets are playing great ball right now, the Lakers have always had their number. So I'm pretty interested to see what happens.

24champ
05-14-2009, 07:19 PM
Where is the mention that Denver is playing a lot better and way more physical that LA?

They aren't any more physical than the Rockets or the Jazz.

Boobs McGee
05-14-2009, 07:21 PM

Kobe IS the lakers right now, btw. When you think Lakers, you think Kobe.

As far as who he has THIS year, well, he has guys that have playoff experience. They ALL have the ability to step up. Namely, arieza, farmar and bynum. Last year we had one of the youngest teams in the league. This year they've consistently stepped up their shooting (although not so far in the playoffs, which is what I'm trying to say), and that's what the difference needs to be. It hasn't been that way all year, when one is cold they are all cold. They pick each other up. Sasha and farmar are on one night, trevor and fish are on another night. Up until the playoffs, it hasn't really happened a whole lot, which is worriesome. That's where I'm hoping the extra experience comes into play.

Pau isn't gonna have to win this series because of "dubious officiating" if bynum steps his game up. Your argument could be switched completely around to fit exactly in the Nuggs favor. They're a cinderella story, the amount of viewers would be HUGE. All star players, feel good stories,the entire detroit fan base...the nuggs are playing the hottest basketball in the playoffs right now, so why wouldn't THEY get the "dubious officiating" to perpetuate his ulterior motives?

Bull**** card to play.

Lots of ifs and butts, but I think it's coming together for us finally.

To everyone, not gonna be postin for the game, gotta go get hammered with a girl who actually likes sports, but doesn't have a computer.

SO

GO LAKE SHOW!!!!! RIP THE ROCKETS A NEW ONE

Boobs McGee
05-14-2009, 07:23 PM
What team isn't going to have a hard time if their shots aren't going down? I really don't think the Lakers are a 3-point shooting team per se. In fact, their strength is their size down low, and if they can remember to get the ball down low and work inside out, they'll be in good shape. The interior passing of their big men is the best in the league. It's going to be one hell of a series, as any conference finals should be.

EXCELLENT analysis.

okay I really gotta go

LAKERS BY 30!!!

azbroncfan
05-14-2009, 07:27 PM
They aren't any more physical than the Rockets or the Jazz.
They have the offensive firepower to go with the physical play.

Broncosfreak_56
05-14-2009, 08:12 PM
Rockets are destroying the Lakers right now.

Broncosfreak_56
05-14-2009, 08:38 PM
Wafer the former nugget hitting a couple big shots.

Inkana7
05-14-2009, 08:39 PM
It's a shame that the Rockets won't win the series, but by God it's fun watching them succeed without their two best players.

Willynowei
05-14-2009, 08:40 PM
Kobe is the only key Laker player (aside from possibly Fisher) who is a true winner; its become painfully obvious that the rest of the team doesn't have what it takes. For LA to win a championship, Phil Jackson has to work his magic and get them to start playing like the pack of wolves thats eating them alive tonight.

PaintballCLE
05-14-2009, 08:44 PM
and people are picking the Lakers over the Cavs? Please..........the lakers look like they should be a 5 seed this entire playoffs. They have no heart!

Inkana7
05-14-2009, 08:46 PM
No, they should be a 1 seed. They're just a 1 seed who thinks they should have the title handed to them.

bombay
05-14-2009, 08:48 PM
Hadn't been paying a lot of attentuon to the lakers, but these guys aren't the A team, or they?

They making a lot of mistakes.

spdirty
05-14-2009, 08:49 PM
Please please let there be a game 7. Also a hoot watching some Laker fans on here brag about how we can't beat them when we are sittin here waitin on em and their gettin their asses handed to em that very night. By a team without their 2 best players.ROFL!

Broncosfreak_56
05-14-2009, 09:00 PM
Rockets up by 16 at the half. Hopefully they keep it up.

Inkana7
05-14-2009, 09:02 PM
If someone would have told me that this year I'd watch Aaron Brooks and Kobe duel it out in the Playoffs, I'd laugh. But it's happening and it's awesome.

spdirty
05-14-2009, 09:33 PM
zenmaster mustve got em to do some damn good yoga at halftime

lex
05-14-2009, 09:36 PM

It means they love the three. Not all offenses are as reliant on the three. Take game 3 in the Denver-Dallas series for example when Carmelo hit that shot (where they missed the foul call). The only reason Denver was in position to hit that shot was because they went at the basket instead of living and dying with the three. And Billups was actually on the floor gesturing to the team to run their offense going down the stretch.

Also, I disagree about Gasol, especially when its "playoff basketball" and becomes more rugged. But this also goes back to what I said about the officiating.

lex
05-14-2009, 09:42 PM
Wow, is Mark Jackson ever over-hyping the Battier-Bryant matchup. Good grief!

azbroncfan
05-14-2009, 09:44 PM
zenmaster mustve got em to do some damn good yoga at halftime

Or he got them to drop some really good acid.

BroncoDoug
05-14-2009, 10:18 PM
Lets go Rockets!!!

spdirty
05-14-2009, 10:21 PM
I think Lakers fans have officially lost their shlt talkin priveledges towards the Nuggets till they at least get to the WCF. Ha!

BroncoDoug
05-14-2009, 10:31 PM
this is a feisty Rockets team, but with the way the Nuggets are playing right now, I can see them beating them, especially with home court. Lets go Rockets!

SoCalBronco
05-14-2009, 10:34 PM
Haha...the Lakers got raped. Sweet.

24champ
05-14-2009, 10:35 PM
Marc Jackson "This is BAD refereeing"

Jeff Van Gundy "Im getting texts from former pros about the bad refereeing tonight"

Tonight was so obvious it was just comical.:giggle:

Atrocious refereeing aside, I'd have to pin this loss on Phil Jackson. He left Kobe on the bench for too long in the 4th, that cost us a chance at the game.

enjolras
05-14-2009, 10:37 PM
The Rockets would be a dream matchup for the Nuggets. They're the type of team the Nuggets can overwhelm with athleticism. They have some excellent match-up defenders, but I don't think they can keep J.R., Billups, Melo, Nene, and friends from getting to the rim on a fairly regular basis.

The Lakers on the other hand can defend the rim (although you haven't seen much of it tonight) and can score with the Nuggets. Before tonight I was convinced the Nuggets would lose in 5-6 against the Lakers.

Now I really don't know. I really like the Nuggets chances against the Rockets. I think the Lakers might be a toss-up.

theAPAOps5
05-14-2009, 10:37 PM
Well it comes down to a game seven. Its in LA Stern pretty much has the NBA fixed and he desperately wants a Kobe vs Lebron Finals. So I pray to God that Houston realizes that and beats the **** out the mentally weak Lakers.

While the Lakers own Denver the longer this series runs the more the Fakers get beat up and the more it helps Denver.

enjolras
05-14-2009, 10:38 PM
Well it comes down to a game seven. Its in LA Stern pretty much has the NBA fixed and he desperately wants a Kobe vs Lebron Finals. So I pray to God that Houston realizes that and beats the **** out the mentally weak Lakers.

While the Lakers own Denver the longer this series runs the more the Fakers get beat up and the more it helps Denver.

I think the entire series has been called really well. I don't expect that to change in game 7.

theAPAOps5
05-14-2009, 10:38 PM

Jeff Van Gundy "Im getting texts from former pros about the bad refereeing tonight"

Atrocious refereeing aside, I'd have to pin this loss on Phil Jackson. He left Kobe on the bench for too long in the 4th, that cost us a chance at the game.

Please, the Lakers are NBA royalty coming with the weak bad reffing is pretty lame.

24champ
05-14-2009, 10:41 PM
Please, the Lakers are NBA royalty coming with the weak bad reffing is pretty lame.

It was pretty obvious out there tonight, and two announcers were pretty ****ing pissed about it. It's not like these announcers were Laker honks, JVG was a former Rocket coach, mind you.

spdirty
05-14-2009, 10:43 PM

Ha!

David Stern was asked what his ideal Finals matchup would be. "The Lakers versus the Lakers,"

lex
05-14-2009, 10:44 PM
It was pretty obvious out there tonight, and two announcers were pretty ****ing pissed about it. It's not like these announcers were Laker honks, JVG was a former Rocket coach, mind you.

Actually, they kind of are...at least Jackson is.

broncofan2438
05-14-2009, 10:46 PM
Kobe is the only key Laker player (aside from possibly Fisher) who is a true winner; its become painfully obvious that the rest of the team doesn't have what it takes. For LA to win a championship, Phil Jackson has to work his magic and get them to start playing like the pack of wolves thats eating them alive tonight.

I love it when Kobe takes every shot when they are down. Be fun to watch the Rockets beat them on Sun