PDA

View Full Version : The Official 2009 NBA Playoffs Thread (M)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

lex
05-09-2009, 05:53 PM
Ironically the only foul they didn't call will be the most scrutinized.

There were a lot of calls that were missed. There was a stretch where Denver was called for a foul on 3 or 4 possessions in a row but in between there Billups went to the basket and was fouled. Should have been a 3 point play opportunity but the ignored that foul and managed to crack down on the Nuggets. Its kind of poetic justice that the game ended this way. Salvatore did all he could to keep Dallas in the game. And for those who think these refs sucked, welcome to my world. Salvatore did the first Bulls Celtics game. He is beyond bad. Its somewhere between total guesswork and overt bias.

BTW, there was a subtle omen in todays game. Did anyone notice that this game didnt exactly get the best announcers ESPN has to offer? It says that E!SPN doesnt consider this to have enough appeal to use better announcers. This probably means the same wheels are turning in David Sterns head and you can expect some dubious officiating if/when the Nuggets play the Lakers (assuming its the Lakers).

spdirty
05-09-2009, 06:03 PM
There were a lot of calls that were missed. There was a stretch where Denver was called for a foul on 3 or 4 possessions in a row but in between there Billups went to the basket and was fouled. Should have been a 3 point play opportunity but the ignored that foul and managed to crack down on the Nuggets. Its kind of poetic justice that the game ended this way. Salvatore did all he could to keep Dallas in the game. And for those who think these refs sucked, welcome to my world. Salvatore did the first Bulls Celtics game. He is beyond bad. Its somewhere between total guesswork and overt bias.

BTW, there was a subtle omen in todays game. Did anyone notice that this game didnt exactly get the best announcers ESPN has to offer? It says that E!SPN doesnt consider this to have enough appeal to use better announcers. This probably means the same wheels are turning in David Sterns head and you can expect some dubious officiating if/when the Nuggets play the Lakers (assuming its the Lakers).

Id take Joey Crawford over Salvatore. And yes, I expect the officiating to be pretty bad when we get to the WCF.

I remember the MLK day game against the Rockets, Salvatore was just...Salvatore. :(

Anyway, pretty cool knowing that the Denver freaking Nuggets are finally getting to the WCF for the first time in 24 years. !Booya!

lex
05-09-2009, 06:05 PM
Hell I can remember the days when Bird, Jordan, Wilkins and those guy's taking 4-5 steps and dunking the ball, if it hasn't changed by now it probably won't

Please. If anything Jordan should have had more calls go his way. He redefined what a foul was. This was why the Pistons won two titles. If not for that, Chicago likely wins 4 in a row and denies Detroit repeating. The whole rugged style of play that prompted the rules changes evolved out of trying to defend Jordan. If Jordan played in the league when they cracked down on handchecking and such like the are now, he's even more unstoppable than he was.

Paladin
05-09-2009, 06:05 PM
Two more wins before that, can't get too ahead of ourselves. Remember, George Karl is still behind the bench - anything is possible.

You still doubting?

I had thought that game was lost, and it would not have surprised me. Yet, the refs made a horrile call on Antyhony down at the Mavs' end, everybody going for the ball. Seems they decided that they would not allow the game to be won or lost on a foul call, particularly a cheap intentional foul at the end. Shoddy officiating, and not very smart playing because Wright stopped playing when there was no whistle. Melo is money a lot of times. You just don't want to give him the chance......

But you could see that the Nuggets were just all over the Navs with their athleticism and skills. Dirkyboy is a good shot when he can get one that is uncontested. He plays out on the rim a lot to avoid body contact, and seems to me drove only a couple of times. He scores a lot of points, but is really ineffective in the course of the game.....

Neat outcome for the Nuggets.

ro_50
05-09-2009, 06:08 PM
Id take Joey Crawford over Salvatore. And yes, I expect the officiating to be pretty bad when we get to the WCF.

I remember the MLK day game against the Rockets, Salvatore was just...Salvatore. :(

Anyway, pretty cool knowing that the Denver freaking Nuggets are finally getting to the WCF for the first time in 24 years. !Booya!

The officiating was anemic throughout this game but the good teams play through it and the Nuggets did that.

The media and Internet message boards will concentrate on the no call at the end, but you know what, Terry missed a FT, Howard did and they were up by 4 w/ 30 seconds left and didn't close it out.

Nuggets won because they took it from Dallas.

Dallas has no one to blame but themselves for this.

But they won't, they will make excuses. The Nuggets played great down the stretch and have the killer instinct Dallas doesn't.

watermock
05-09-2009, 06:09 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_KgBT8kIRgBo/SSJbB6BrfXI/AAAAAAAAElE/W3YUrAwLsvw/s320/mark_cuban.jpg

"OUTRAGEOUS!"

lex
05-09-2009, 06:11 PM
BTW, Billups was worth his weight in gold today. How often do you see teams get down 3 to 5 points with under 2 minutes to play and resort to firing up 3s. With Billups, Denver chose to go at the basket and in the end, this allowed them to be in a position to win the game on the last shot. I feel confident in saying it was Billups because he was in the best position to start firing up 3s but didnt and he was also directing traffic in running plays. This win more subtlely underscores how valuable Billups is. Billups allows Karl to not overmanage the game and waste valuable timeouts.

lex
05-09-2009, 06:13 PM
The officiating was anemic throughout this game but the good teams play through it and the Nuggets did that.

The media and Internet message boards will concentrate on the no call at the end, but you know what, Terry missed a FT, Howard did and they were up by 4 w/ 30 seconds left and didn't close it out.

But they won't, they will make excuses. The Nuggets played great down the stretch and have the killer instinct Dallas doesn't.

"the good teams play through it"...? LOL. Spoken like a Spurs fan. Good teams do get jobbed and if Anthony would have missed that last shot, that wouldnt have changed the fact that Denver was on the bad end.

Paladin
05-09-2009, 06:13 PM
Agree.

Now I feel dirty......

spdirty
05-09-2009, 06:14 PM

Well, the game was shoddy, sloppy, and boring...a free throw contest. And if Melo misses that shot, we are the ones screaming about the no call.

Basically all I want from any league for my team is fair...I hate it when a team has to play against not only their opponent, but the officials. That crap needs to stop. I understand missed calls but it happens way too frequently.

watermock
05-09-2009, 06:18 PM
Team owner Mark Cuban shoved a cameraman and several clusters of players appeared to be exchanging words with Denver players and staff. Cuban continued his tirade behind the scorer's table, his face reddening.

watermock
05-09-2009, 06:20 PM
BTW, YAO has a broken foot.

spdirty
05-09-2009, 06:21 PM
BTW, YAO has a broken foot.

shlt.

spdirty
05-09-2009, 06:23 PM
Damnit that turns LA-Houston into a 5 game series.

Paladin
05-09-2009, 06:25 PM
I wonder if we could get Tanya to meet up with Kobe and...... Well, maybe one of her henchmen......

watermock
05-09-2009, 06:37 PM
Definetly we have to beat up Kobe.

Bob's your Information Minister
05-09-2009, 06:54 PM
Dirk choked.

TDmvp
05-09-2009, 06:56 PM
Dirk choked.

http://img93.imageshack.us/img93/84/b455bf088571876ec64b502.jpg

I think we already went over that ...

FADERPROOF
05-09-2009, 07:23 PM
The NBA officiating has been horrible for years it's not nothing new it is what it is and everyone knows this so why are you all beeotching about it so much
did you just use the word "beeotching"? Seriously, snoop dogg circa 1994 wants his slang back.

watermock
05-09-2009, 07:29 PM
Gawd, Le Braul is a wolf among puppys. His first step is amazing,

Rulon Velvet Jones
05-09-2009, 07:39 PM
Dirk choked.

Bob, if you're going to write ****, at least make it worthwhile.

Certainly, Dirk wasn't stellar down the stretch, but I've seen him take that 12-footer hundreds of times before and nail it. It's his bread-and-butter. As it stands, it didn't fall.

It would be ignorant to lay any of this solely at his feet, though. There were FTs missed late in the game and the Wright/refs brainfart at the end certainly didn't help things. They crapped the bed as a team.

I feel like I've been booted in the taint with a railroad spike.

All I ask for is one simple thing - for one of my favorite teams to win a ****ing championship. As it stands, it's been 10+ years and waiting and it blows.

Rulon Velvet Jones
05-09-2009, 07:42 PM
By the way, win or lose, this was one of the worst games I've ever had to sit through. Just ugly, thanks to the officiating. The NBA should be embarrassed.

theAPAOps5
05-09-2009, 07:42 PM
What I find ironic about this DEN-MAV series is the first 2 games Dallas was crying about how many fouls were called against them. They then cried about a foul NOT being called against them. Crazy!

I love watching Retard Cuban just flip out, its just awesome!

05-09-2009, 07:43 PM
Bob, if you're going to write ****, at least make it worthwhile.

Certainly, Dirk wasn't stellar down the stretch, but I've seen him take that 12-footer hundreds of times before and nail it. It's his bread-and-butter. As it stands, it didn't fall.

It would be ignorant to lay any of this solely at his feet, though. There were FTs missed late in the game and the Wright/refs brainfart at the end certainly didn't help things. They crapped the bed as a team.

I feel like I've been booted in the taint with a railroad spike.

All I ask for is one simple thing - for one of my favorite teams to win a ****ing championship. As it stands, it's been 10+ years and waiting and it blows.

Dirk missed four shots down the stretch and a free throw.

Enough for me.

Rulon Velvet Jones
05-09-2009, 07:51 PM

Enough for me.

And Terry missed a free throw. And Howard missed a free throw. And there was a non-call against Wright that changed the entire dynamic of the end of the game.

Calling out one person is ridiculous. At least the guy was classy enough to not get involved in that bull**** after the game.

lex
05-09-2009, 07:51 PM

Enough for me.

Dirk went 9/19 from the field. Thats 47%. His season Avg was 47.9%.

He went 2/5 from 3. Thats 40%. His season Avg was 35.9%.

He also hit 13 out of 15 FTs. Thats 87%. His season Avg was 89%.

Dirk scored 33 pts. He averaged 25.9 PPG during the season.

Dirk basically played up to what anyone can expect of him. He didnt choke at all. He either more or less matched his season average or more. If Dirk would have gone 9/15 from the FT line, you could maybe say that.

Rulon Velvet Jones
05-09-2009, 07:59 PM

Dirk basically played up to what anyone can expect of him. He didnt choke at all. He either more or less matched his season average or more. If Dirk would have gone 9/15 from the FT line, you could maybe say that.

Bob will say he didn't do it when it mattered - down the stretch - and I'll certainly give him that. But it's dumb to say that he, alone, choked this one away. Dirk does what is expected of him - he plays his ass off every single night. Sadly, he's one of the more under-appreciated players in the entire league. Hell, even most Mavs fans love to crap on the guy. They don't understand that it will be early-90s Mavs with 20-win seasons all over again if he wasn't here.

If there's anything the Mavs are good at - it's finding new and clever ways to **** up games. I've seen some doozies over the years. Just when you think there's nothing else that can be done, they find a way to invent a new one.

05-09-2009, 08:00 PM
Hey guys, whatever. All I know is when the fourth quarter rolled around, he turned into a brick machine.

That's a choke.

I love Dirk but clearly he needs help.

Rulon Velvet Jones
05-09-2009, 08:02 PM

What's sick is that in his MVP campaign, he was one of the few guys in NBA history to go 90/50/40 (FTS, FG, 3).

Rulon Velvet Jones
05-09-2009, 08:03 PM
Hey guys, whatever. All I know is when the fourth quarter rolled around, he turned into a brick machine.

That's a choke.

I love Dirk but clearly he needs help.

If your thighs didn't create thunder when they rubbed together, perhaps you'd be the perfect sidekick for Dirk and the Mavs.

cutthemdown
05-09-2009, 08:05 PM
Who cares anyways. The Lakers are going to the finals. They may get beat there but IMO no one in West can beat them in a 7 game series.

Rulon Velvet Jones
05-09-2009, 08:09 PM
Who cares anyways. The Lakers are going to the finals. They may get beat there but IMO no one in West can beat them in a 7 game series.

Sadly.

NFLBRONCO
05-09-2009, 08:10 PM

Why didn't the guy just grab him to foul. Most times refs aren't going to call a foul like that at the end. I don't see why Dallas got mad about it they choked. Its classic to see Cuban meltdown.

NFLBRONCO
05-09-2009, 08:12 PM

I'd be happy if Denver could win 1 game against the Lakers.

Rulon Velvet Jones
05-09-2009, 08:13 PM
Why didn't the guy just grab him to foul. Most times refs aren't going to call a foul like that at the end. I don't see why Dallas got mad about it they choked. Its classic to see Cuban meltdown.

Actually, they do call that. In fact, the NBA has already admitted that it should have been called. There was no need for Wright to hammer Carmelo. He did what has been done 1000x before in that situation. He bodied up and created enough contact that a foul should have been called.

Boobs McGee
05-09-2009, 08:15 PM
wow so apparently I'm glad i missed the game tonight? sounded like a **** fest haha. Kudos to the nuggs, hopefully they sweep

NFLBRONCO
05-09-2009, 08:15 PM
Actually, they do call that. In fact, the NBA has already admitted that it should have been called. There was no need for Wright to hammer Carmelo. He did what has been done 1000x before in that situation. He bodied up and created enough contact that a foul should have been called.

Does it really matter though Denver is clearly a better team in this series. Like either have a prayer against 6 on 5 Lakers

Rulon Velvet Jones
05-09-2009, 08:16 PM
wow so apparently I'm glad i missed the game tonight? sounded like a **** fest haha. Kudos to the nuggs, hopefully they sweep

If you have it Tivo'd, you'd do best in not watching it. With all the foul calls, it was damn near unwatchable.

SouthStndJunkie
05-09-2009, 08:16 PM
LeBron drops 47 tonight.

I hope he stays with Cleveland and does not sell out when he is a free agent.

Rulon Velvet Jones
05-09-2009, 08:17 PM
Does it really matter though Denver is clearly a better team this year.

Well, yeah. I get that.

But a call is a call. It's ridiculous for the NBA to even put out a statement after the game, though. What's the point?

TonyR
05-09-2009, 08:18 PM
I'd be happy if Denver could win 1 game against the Lakers.

I think you're selling the Nuggets a little short. If they continue to play the way they have they'll win 2 or more games against the Lakers.

Rulon Velvet Jones
05-09-2009, 08:18 PM
By the way - anyone else getting tired of all players throwing up the "3" sign after a 3? It's not like they just invented the 3-point shot. ****, hundreds of them are made every night in the NBA. Why all the celebration?

bombay
05-09-2009, 08:24 PM
The officials must have been late for dinner or something. Wright did commit a foul in the half second before he made the three, but it wasn't so obvious that it had to be called. Carmelo had about a one in ten chance of making the shot he made, so I think the refs were trying to hand the game to Dallas and it backfired. Hope they enjoyed getting to dinner on time.

Regarding Dirk, he played extremely well for the third game in a row. If Dallas had another player who played as well as him they'd be leading the series, so whining about him by Dallas 'fans' is completely idiotic.

NFLBRONCO
05-09-2009, 08:25 PM
Well, yeah. I get that.

But a call is a call. It's ridiculous for the NBA to even put out a statement after the game, though. What's the point?

I agree with what your saying though. NBA inconsistancy with fouls is mind bloggling. It would be alot better game if the NBA made it more consistant.

NFLBRONCO
05-09-2009, 08:32 PM
I think you're selling the Nuggets a little short. If they continue to play the way they have they'll win 2 or more games against the Lakers.

I hope so I would like to see Denver give the Lakers a run. I just don't like the matchup and the matchup of big market vs small market. I think the only small market that NBA would want in finals is Bron and the Cavs.

I like the Lakers alot but, I think it would help the league as a whole if a team like Denver was in the finals. LA has won tons of rings they will win plenty more.

Rulon Velvet Jones
05-09-2009, 08:33 PM
Regarding Dirk, he played extremely well for the third game in a row. If Dallas had another player who played as well as him they'd be leading the series, so whining about him by Dallas 'fans' is completely idiotic.

You should hear it here in Dallas. During the season, it's damn near daily for the people here to rip the guy. It's ridiculous what little respect most give to him.

Josh Howard is supposed to be the 2nd star, but he's been gimpy all season and I defy you to find another NBA player with a lower basketball IQ.

bombay
05-09-2009, 08:37 PM
You should hear it here in Dallas. During the season, it's damn near daily for the people here to rip the guy. It's ridiculous what little respect most give to him.

Josh Howard is supposed to be the 2nd star, but he's been gimpy all season and I defy you to find another NBA player with a lower basketball IQ.

Yeah. It's ridiculous how the heat always goes to the most .. I guess visible.. guy. Dirk has been sensational. Idiots like fatso blame him for the Mavs losing. I guess that's how you separate real fans from the bozos.

spdirty
05-09-2009, 08:42 PM
I think we can beat the Lakers in a 7 game series if the game is called fair. Can doesnt mean will though.

Rulon Velvet Jones
05-09-2009, 08:43 PM
I think we can beat the Lakers in a 7 game series if the game is called fair.

There's no way that's going to happen when Lakers/Cavs is inevitable.

bombay
05-09-2009, 08:48 PM
I think we can beat the Lakers in a 7 game series if the game is called fair. Can doesnt mean will though.

That's the thing. The league has it's pets. The obvious desire is for Kobe vs. Lebron. Not even the Lakers/Cavaliers. Look no further than the absurd 4th quarter of the '02 Lakers/Sacramento game 6 to know just how far they're willing to go to have their way. In a way this is more entertainment than sport. The league will have it's way.

PaintballCLE
05-09-2009, 08:50 PM
cavs over lakers in 6!

Rulon Velvet Jones
05-09-2009, 08:58 PM
That's the thing. The league has it's pets. The obvious desire is for Kobe vs. Lebron. Not even the Lakers/Cavaliers. Look no further than the absurd 4th quarter of the '02 Lakers/Sacramento game 6 to know just how far they're willing to go to have their way. In a way this is more entertainment than sport. The league will have it's way.

Man, how true it is. It's disgusting sometimes.

Moreno Knows Best
05-09-2009, 09:16 PM
I won't say too much on the game, because I know I'll only come off as a massive homer... But here's my take:

The ref did blow it. But check the replay, I mean, that cat from Dallas barely bumped Carmelo. Obviously, his intent was to foul. And yeah, the ref blew it given the situation. But I mean, if you're going to intentionally foul somebody, grab his jersey, slap his arm, make it obvious.

All I'm saying is, the guy... Antoine whatever, could have wrapped him up, made it much more blatant.

Rulon Velvet Jones
05-09-2009, 09:30 PM
I won't say too much on the game, because I know I'll only come off as a massive homer... But here's my take:

The ref did blow it. But check the replay, I mean, that cat from Dallas barely bumped Carmelo. Obviously, his intent was to foul. And yeah, the ref blew it given the situation. But I mean, if you're going to intentionally foul somebody, grab his jersey, slap his arm, make it obvious.

All I'm saying is, the guy... Antoine whatever, could have wrapped him up, made it much more blatant.

It's a call that is seen and made hundreds of times over the course of a season, though. Everyone and their mother knew the Mavs had a foul to give and they were going to use it. The crew was calling fouls left and right all afternoon and there was no reason this one was any less "ticky tack" than some of the other garbage they were whistling. As Wright said in the postgame, he shouldn't have to "Derek Fisher" the guy he's defending. The contact he made was ample for an intention foul situation.

Paladin
05-09-2009, 09:57 PM
Everyone seems to be calling it an intentional foul. What is the League rules on an INTENTIONAL foul? Ticky-tacky yes, but it was an attempt to intentionally foul to impede the progress of the player. I wonder if the refs coukld have awarded two FTs, and the ball to Denver.

Where do they get off saying that there is one foul to give? Intentional fouls are just that....

Anyway, the game cannot be replayed. For once, Denver is the recipient of a non-call.......

Archer81
05-09-2009, 10:02 PM
3-0 Series lead. Leave it at that.

:Broncos:

cutthemdown
05-09-2009, 10:26 PM

Give me a break. Lakers friggin own the nuggets.

cutthemdown
05-09-2009, 10:28 PM
Everyone seems to be calling it an intentional foul. What is the League rules on an INTENTIONAL foul? Ticky-tacky yes, but it was an attempt to intentionally foul to impede the progress of the player. I wonder if the refs coukld have awarded two FTs, and the ball to Denver.

Where do they get off saying that there is one foul to give? Intentional fouls are just that....

Anyway, the game cannot be replayed. For once, Denver is the recipient of a non-call.......

Uh, only flagrant fouls are called different. It's perfectly acceptable in basketball to use up fouls, foul intentionally.

Archer81
05-09-2009, 10:28 PM

Thats why they play the game. We'll see.

cutthemdown
05-09-2009, 10:29 PM
cavs over lakers in 6!

Now that could happen. Cavs can for sure take Lakers ina 7 game series, but also I could see Lakers taking it. It would be a great series no doubt.

Nugetts playing well but all you need to do is watch the last 15 games or so they have went up against lakers and you will realize how they don't match up well, play well, or no how to stop Kobe.

But you add a Lebron James, who is every bit as good as Kobe if not better, and it changes everything.

spdirty
05-09-2009, 10:33 PM

Have you even been watching these playoffs? The Nuggets have CLEARLY been playing better basketball than the Lakers.

And the matchups are not bad at all. Billups/Carter vs Fisher/Farmer.

Kobe vs Jones/Smith, though I expect Jones will be playing quite a few more minutes.

Odom vs melo.

Martin vs Gasol and I like that considering the way KMart has been playing since coming back from the ribs.

Nene vs Bynum? Bynum aint all there and Nene has been tearing it up, except for today.

Sit there, yeah theyve owned us for 30 years, but I think we will play well against em. I'm friggin pumped for this shlt.

Archer81
05-09-2009, 10:37 PM
Have you even been watching these playoffs? The Nuggets have CLEARLY been playing better basketball than the Lakers.

Kobe vs Jones/Smith, though I expect Jones will be playing quite a few more minutes.

Odom vs melo.

Martin vs Gasol and I like that considering the way KMart has been playing since coming back from the ribs.

Nene vs Bynum? Bynum aint all there and Nene has been tearing it up, except for today.

Sit there, yeah theyve owned us for 30 years, but I think we will play well against em. I'm friggin pumped for this shlt.

Wait until the Nuggets get the 4th win before you look ahead. Crazier things have happened.

spdirty
05-09-2009, 10:39 PM
Wait until the Nuggets get the 4th win before you look ahead. Crazier things have happened.

LOL I'm a fan I don't have to wait.

Archer81
05-09-2009, 10:41 PM
LOL I'm a fan I don't have to wait.

I said the same thing when the Broncos were 8-5...

anon
05-09-2009, 10:47 PM
All Wright had to do was wrap up Melo firmly and that would be the foul, but instead he gave him a light bump and then threw his hands straight up like he didn't want to get the foul. Yes, it probably should have been called, but you can give an obvious foul without getting into "flagrant" territory.

spdirty
05-09-2009, 11:14 PM
I said the same thing when the Broncos were 8-5...

Difference is, Nuggets play defense.:wiggle:

NFLBRONCO
05-09-2009, 11:17 PM

Odom vs melo.

You forgot most important factor Stern wants Bron vs Kobe tough to overcome. It will be interesting to see how well we do against them.

Dagmar
05-09-2009, 11:20 PM
Difference is, Nuggets play defense.:wiggle:

ZING!

Kaylore
05-09-2009, 11:39 PM
I just watched the game on DVR. I didn't know how it ended. I gave it an extra 30 minutes thinking "this will be enough" and didn't realize the refs were going to call it like an exhibition game. The game ran out with 20 seconds remaining and I assumed we had lost. I had to watch the rest online, which makes the most upset I've been after a win in my life.

My take on the no-call foul. Yes, it should have been called, but I doubt it would have changed the outcome. Denver owns the Mavs. I predict this loss will be so devastating to the Mavs that they'll get rolled in game four.

spdirty
05-09-2009, 11:46 PM
You forgot most important factor Stern wants Bron vs Kobe tough to overcome. It will be interesting to see how well we do against them.
well, that discussion began with "If it is called fairly."

I just watched some youtube shlt on the infamous Kings-Lakers series, stomach did a couple somersauts after that.

Probably setting myself up for heartbreache. Would rather have us either lose in 4 or 5 or win the series...if something like that happened to my nugs, uggh, please god no.

FADERPROOF
05-10-2009, 05:50 AM
So let me get this straight...all during the playoffs people have complained about the refs need to swallow their whistle in the last minutes of a close game, then when they do theres going to be complaints that the refs shouldve called a foul?

Rulon Velvet Jones
05-10-2009, 06:44 AM
So let me get this straight...all during the playoffs people have complained about the refs need to swallow their whistle in the last minutes of a close game, then when they do theres going to be complaints that the refs shouldve called a foul?

Who has said that? If anything, the majority demands that the officiating is consistent no matter the time of the game.

Rulon Velvet Jones
05-10-2009, 06:45 AM

Also, in this case, it's a different situation in that the foul was their first to give in the last 2:00 and it would have had the Nuggets inbounding the ball with little time left. Happens all the time - teams "taking" the foul to stop play.

slyinky
05-10-2009, 07:49 AM

Not in the NBA. No team has ever come back from a three-game deficit in a best-of-7 series. Only in the NHL (twice) and MLB (once) has it ever happened in professional sports.

Edit: No jinx, no jinx. Knock on wood, knock on wood.

PaintballCLE
05-10-2009, 08:08 AM
I just watched the game on DVR. I didn't know how it ended. I gave it an extra 30 minutes thinking "this will be enough" and didn't realize the refs were going to call it like an exhibition game. The game ran out with 20 seconds remaining and I assumed we had lost. I had to watch the rest online, which makes the most upset I've been after a win in my life.

My take on the no-call foul. Yes, it should have been called, but I doubt it would have changed the outcome. Denver owns the Cavs. I predict this loss will be so devastating to the Cavs that they'll get rolled in game four.

I am going to assume you mean MAVS not CAVS right?

Kaylore
05-10-2009, 08:13 AM
I am going to assume you mean MAVS not CAVS right?

yeah, sorry. It was 12:40 in the morning.

PaintballCLE
05-10-2009, 08:15 AM
yeah, sorry. It was 12:40 in the morning.

the night is still young at that point! lol

Bronco X
05-10-2009, 08:29 AM
It's a call that is seen and made hundreds of times over the course of a season, though. Everyone and their mother knew the Mavs had a foul to give and they were going to use it. The crew was calling fouls left and right all afternoon and there was no reason this one was any less "ticky tack" than some of the other garbage they were whistling. As Wright said in the postgame, he shouldn't have to "Derek Fisher" the guy he's defending. The contact he made was ample for an intention foul situation.

And in those hundreds of times over the course of the season, it's standard procedure for a coach or player to tell the refs they intend to foul intentionally before the play starts. Quote Rick Carlisle: "We assumed they (the refs) knew we had a foul to give". Someone needs to make Rick watch "The Bad News Bears". A crucial game, a crucial moment, and the Mavs choose to assume rather than follow through with a very simple standard procedure. Care to explain why the onus should be more on the refs making an assumption than the Mavs making their intentions known? And Wright holding his arms up is an incredibly dumb thing to do when you're trying to intentionally foul someone. Go ahead and make excuses for the Mavs, but they left way too many things on the floor for it not to be regarded as their flub.

The Mavs lost that game at the end. If flubbing the intentional foul wasn't enough, look at the dunk Melo scored before his 3 pointer. If you're nursing a 4 pt lead with 30 seconds left, and you give up an uncontested dunk from the other teams top scorer in three seconds, you're putting yourself in a position to lose. Always better to take care of things like that instead of crying about the refs.

slyinky
05-10-2009, 08:43 AM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/image.php?u=8316&dateline=1240113510
Do they really make thongs that big or did she just tie a parachute around her waist?

Paladin
05-10-2009, 08:51 AM
.....It's perfectly acceptable in basketball to use up fouls, foul intentionally.

Isn't this inconsistent officiating? UH...

It is also "traditional" that the refs don't call fouls at the end of the game. Kidd agrees.

Sometimes those sort of "perfecly alright" understandings are a real pain, no?

montrose
05-10-2009, 09:11 AM
Don't worry, I'm sure the referee karma will come back to bite the Nuggets - more than once - *if they advance and play the Lakers.

* = This series is not over, as long as George Karl is on the bench, the Nuggets can always find a way to lose.

Binkythefrog
05-10-2009, 09:29 AM
And in those hundreds of times over the course of the season, it's standard procedure for a coach or player to tell the refs they intend to foul intentionally before the play starts. Quote Rick Carlisle: "We assumed they (the refs) knew we had a foul to give". Someone needs to make Rick watch "The Bad News Bears". A crucial game, a crucial moment, and the Mavs choose to assume rather than follow through with a very simple standard procedure. Care to explain why the onus should be more on the refs making an assumption than the Mavs making their intentions known? And Wright holding his arms up is an incredibly dumb thing to do when you're trying to intentionally foul someone. Go ahead and make excuses for the Mavs, but they left way too many things on the floor for it not to be regarded as their flub.

The Mavs lost that game at the end. If flubbing the intentional foul wasn't enough, look at the dunk Melo scored before his 3 pointer. If you're nursing a 4 pt lead with 30 seconds left, and you give up an uncontested dunk from the other teams top scorer in three seconds, you're putting yourself in a position to lose. Always better to take care of things like that instead of crying about the refs.

The only sad thing about this is that Melo's ice cold 3 is going unnoticed. That was probably the greatest single play in Nuggets history (shows us how much ineptitude the Nuggets have shown over the years). That is still an incredible shot under incredible duress.

Its the first time I can remember watching Melo in the playoffs that he has lived up to his billing as a "star". In previous years, he would get all pissy and stop playing... but now, even when he gets hacked and there is no call he busts back on D and plays hard. His two blocks on Howard were amazing, I don't think Melo has ever played D like that. Its exciting to watch him come alive and even though he missed many open looks, he made it when it counted, unlike Dirk.

Kaylore
05-10-2009, 09:35 AM
Don't worry, I'm sure the referee karma will come back to bite the Nuggets
See I felt like it was Karma against Cuban for being a complete tool and Dirk for traveling with ball while he elbows everyone to the basket, throws it up haphazardly, and then draws the foul.

And Dirk is a total mangina. From the way he whines when he doesn't get his ticky-tac foul calls, to the way he brushes the sides of his feathered hair back with one finger like a freaking pansy-ass (Seriously. I think even Mavs fans would notice this effeminate gesture.), to the way he couldn't make a jump shot with the game on the line to seal the game - twice.

There were two times each teams' best player needed to come up in the clutch in this game. Two times Melo came through like Elway. Both times Dirk choked like he does. This should put an end to any talk of which player was "carrying" their team in the postseason.

slyinky
05-10-2009, 10:23 AM
See I felt like it was Karma against Cuban for being a complete tool and Dirk for traveling with ball while he elbows everyone to the basket, throws it up haphazardly, and then draws the foul.

And Dirk is a total mangina. From the way he whines when he doesn't get his ticky-tac foul calls, to the way he brushes the sides of his feathered hair back with one finger like a freaking pansy-ass (Seriously. I think even Mavs fans would notice this effeminate gesture.), to the way he couldn't make a jump shot with the game on the line to seal the game - twice.

There were two times each teams' best player needed to come up in the clutch in this game. Two times Melo came through like Elway. Both times Dirk choked like he does. This should put an end to any talk of which player was "carrying" their team in the postseason.
As effeminate as the Xena: Warrior Princess look alike in your avatar? :wiggle: Just kiddin'.

BroncoBuff
05-10-2009, 11:12 AM
Isn't this inconsistent officiating? UH...

It is also "traditional" that the refs don't call fouls at the end of the game. Kidd agrees.
Correct, "let them play" is always the mantra. Besides, if he really wanted to foul Melo, he shouldda 'wrapped him up.' His mistake there.

I don't get why the NBA released a statement that it was a foul ... why? Since when does the league office comment on specific instances of officiating?

I think there's something VERY weak about the excuse, "they should have called a foul on us" :vermeil:

What do you guys think about Game 4? I can't imagine any incentive for the Mavs to extend the series one more game to go back to Denver for a probable Game 5 pummeling. It's just human nature to avoid such a thing .....

A Nuggets win in Game 4 would complete a MASSIVE OWNING of Dallas by Denver this year ... like what, 10-0, 11-0?

SureShot
05-10-2009, 11:30 AM
Look on the bright side Mavs fan you are 17-2 in your last 19 home games. That not bad.

ludo21
05-10-2009, 11:31 AM
Kobe not getting suspended game 3 is an even bigger deal now with Yao out for the playoffs..

It could have been a 7 game series if that happened. Its over in 2 more games now..

Cant wait for a Lakers/Nuggets series tho, should be a good one if the Nuggets play like they have been.

Rulon Velvet Jones
05-10-2009, 11:40 AM
And in those hundreds of times over the course of the season, it's standard procedure for a coach or player to tell the refs they intend to foul intentionally before the play starts.

Since when?

Paladin
05-10-2009, 11:45 AM
Look on the bright side Mavs fan you are 17-2 in your last 19 home games. That not bad.

Soon to be 17-3, hopefully.....

Northman
05-10-2009, 12:40 PM
Correct, "let them play" is always the mantra. Besides, if he really wanted to foul Melo, he shouldda 'wrapped him up.' His mistake there.

I don't get why the NBA released a statement that it was a foul ... why? Since when does the league office comment on specific instances of officiating?

I think there's something VERY weak about the excuse, "they should have called a foul on us" :vermeil:

What do you guys think about Game 4? I can't imagine any incentive for the Mavs to extend the series one more game to go back to Denver for a probable Game 5 pummeling. It's just human nature to avoid such a thing .....

A Nuggets win in Game 4 would complete a MASSIVE OWNING of Dallas by Denver this year ... like what, 10-0, 11-0?

They did it because its Cuban and Mavs. The biggest crybabies in NBA history.

bombay
05-10-2009, 12:41 PM
Battier leads the way.

He's showing that he can be an offensive force if necessary.

Broncosfreak_56
05-10-2009, 01:31 PM
WOW. I thought the Rockets would be dead in the water without Yao. Up by 18 at half, not bad.

GreatBronco16
05-10-2009, 01:38 PM
Think about it from the refs angle. He was behind the players. When the defender did his little reach in, the ball came loose. For all he knew, the defender hit nothing but thet ball. So why risk calling a foul there? Maybe the ref was actually waiting for the defender to grab a hold of him. Who knows. All I know is that for a planned foul, it was pretty damn weak.

Would the Mavs be complaining and would the league had issued an apology had Melo missed the three pointer? Nope.

bombay
05-10-2009, 02:19 PM
Jesus. Houston just blew la's doors off.

This game is over in the 3rd quarter.

Bronco X
05-10-2009, 02:29 PM
Since when?

Since long before yesterday, I'll tell you that much. It's an unwritten rule. It's common sense.

This Rockets beat down of the Lakers really hits the spot.

BroncoDoug
05-10-2009, 02:32 PM
Yeah, houston is without Tmac, Yao and mutombo.. and are still destroying the lakers... who would of known..?

Bronco X
05-10-2009, 02:39 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2009/news/story?id=4156063

On the morning after one of the more controversial nights of the NBA playoffs, Doc Rivers sent a message to his team: If we have a foul to give, make sure you commit it the right way.

In other words, not the Wright way.

Among the Celtics' players, the lingering impression was that Wright was as much at fault as anyone because he did not commit the foul in the proper manner -- especially when he had the perfect opportunity at the moment when Anthony bobbled the ball before regaining control and sinking the game-winning shot.

broncofan2438
05-10-2009, 02:43 PM
Where is ALF? Cmon ALF, why is your team gettn pounded?? What excuse now? Call Kobe, he can save this team! Hurry!

BroncoDoug
05-10-2009, 02:59 PM
Game over... tied 2-2, lets go rockets!

Inkana7
05-10-2009, 03:01 PM
Where is ALF? Cmon ALF, why is your team gettn pounded?? What excuse now? Call Kobe, he can save this team! Hurry!

I'm sure Kobe had the flu. That's the excuse I've heard every. Single. Time. he has a bad game.

LA just got beat by a team with a 6-6 Center. Didn't someone on here call them mentally weak?

Oh yeah, it was me. :thanku:

Paladin
05-10-2009, 03:16 PM
Rockets hardly ran their O in the entire fourth quarter. They just gave the Flakers an opportunity to avoid embarrashment. Th eFlakers are not committed to D as Denver is. Gasol seems like a real big nothing.....

Broncosfreak_56
05-10-2009, 03:20 PM
LOL Phil Jackson post game "Give them some ****ing credit."

CHANGSTER
05-10-2009, 03:21 PM
LOL Phil Jackson post game "Give them some ****ing credit."

Haha! Had to rewind that a couple times.

broncofan2438
05-10-2009, 03:22 PM
Rockets hardly ran their O in the entire fourth quarter. They just gave the Flakers an opportunity to avoid embarrashment. Th eFlakers are not committed to D as Denver is. Gasol seems like a real big nothing.....

Yup, you gotta love it.

Go Nuggets.....Nugs will sweep the Mavs....you got a broom I can borrow

broncofan2438
05-10-2009, 03:26 PM
Do you all notice how Battier plays? When he hits shots over Kobe, he doesn't talk trash, he just keeps on playing. Maybe Kobe should try that....little punk

24champ
05-10-2009, 03:40 PM
Where is ALF?

:spit:

Yeah I guess next year for Mother's day I will just drop everything and make sure I stay logged on to the Mane to see what you morons are saying about me. Really is that how you spend your Mother's day bandwagon fan? Spend all day wondering with baited breath about where I AM? Sad.

Cmon ALF, why is your team gettn pounded??

Came out flat, just like in game one. Lakers thought all they had to do was show up and win. They played like crap, and give some ****ing credit to the Rockets as PJ says.

Paladin
05-10-2009, 03:42 PM
The network was showing all sorts of crapola on the Flakers. Gasol's favorite players, Lee's "special" on Kobe, etc. Sickening. NOthing but a big marketing tool......

Kobe acts like a punk most of the time, in my estimation. Gasol looks dyspeptic and seems to mutter a lot to himself. I am surprised he doesn't drool.....

broncofan2438
05-10-2009, 03:48 PM
:spit:

Yeah I guess next year for Mother's day I will just drop everything and make sure I stay logged on to the Mane to see what you morons are saying about me. Really is that how you spend your Mother's day bandwagon fan? Spend all day wondering with baited breath about where I AM? Sad.

Came out flat, just like in game one. Lakers thought all they had to do was show up and win. They played like crap, and give some ****ing credit to the Rockets as PJ says.

HAHAHA, Yup same old excuse from ALF. Mothers day is your excuse? HAHAAHA Actually I cooked my mom a nice breakfast and did some yard work at her house. I came back home to watch the Fakers get their butts whipped. Then I decided to give you some crap. Been a great day so far\

Go Nuggs! Mavs better stay home. Dirk better stay home and keep that trick under control

broncofan2438
05-10-2009, 03:49 PM
The network was showing all sorts of crapola on the Flakers. Gasol's favorite players, Lee's "special" on Kobe, etc. Sickening. NOthing but a big marketing tool......

Kobe acts like a punk most of the time, in my estimation. Gasol looks dyspeptic and seems to mutter a lot to himself. I am surprised he doesn't drool.....

We think alike.....Cant stand that adds for Kobes movie....Who gives a crap. Are they going to have a segment on all the chicks he cheats on his wife with?

24champ
05-10-2009, 03:55 PM
HAHAHA, Yup same old excuse from ALF. Mothers day is your excuse

Well it is Mothers day and I spent half the day on the phone with my family back in Socal. I would be there today, but I have 3 finals to study for tomorrow. So again, you know I have priorities...and I am sorry that staying logged on the Mane all day isn't one of them. :giggle:

SonOfLe-loLang
05-10-2009, 04:05 PM
Well it is Mothers day and I spent half the day on the phone with my family back in Socal. I would be there today, but I have 3 finals to study for tomorrow. So again, you know I have priorities...and I am sorry that staying logged on the Mane all day isn't one of them. :giggle:

How are the colleges on Melmac?

broncofan2438
05-10-2009, 04:06 PM

Its no problem dude, just giving you crap

24champ
05-10-2009, 04:38 PM
How are the colleges on Melmac?

We have a great Skleen Club and Bouillabaiseball team, which if you are not familiar with the sport, we use shellfish for a ball and our baseball field is shaped like a rectangle. Because we use shellfish for a ball, the game is played on ice.

They also serve gourmet cats at the cafeteria.:)

The Joker
05-10-2009, 05:05 PM
Someone told me that LeBron James is a fan of the Cowboys, Bulls and Yankees.

Is this true?

If so, what a ****ing douchebag.

Inkana7
05-10-2009, 06:11 PM
Someone told me that LeBron James is a fan of the Cowboys, Bulls and Yankees.

Is this true?

If so, what a ****ing douchebag.

Yankees yes, not sure about the other two. I'm pretty sure he's a Browns fan, however.

Boobs McGee
05-10-2009, 06:23 PM
WOW we got ****ing pounded. I was out with my buddies family celebrating a birthday/mothers day at the outback steakhouse, and caught parts of the third and fourth quarters. Holy ****balls. Think I'm just gonna delete this tivo as well :( what the hell happened???? come on now lake show, we need to come out HUNGRY

ohiobronco2
05-10-2009, 06:27 PM
WOW we got ****ing pounded. I was out with my buddies family celebrating a birthday/mothers day at the outback steakhouse, and caught parts of the third and fourth quarters. Holy ****balls. Think I'm just gonna delete this tivo as well :( what the hell happened???? come on now lake show, we need to come out HUNGRY

I didn't see the game, but I'm guessing they came out flat. Probably thought the Rockets were going to lay down and give up because of the injury to Yao. The Lakers have a lot of talent, but are way too inconsistent. Where has Bynum been?

Inkana7
05-10-2009, 06:29 PM
I didn't see the game, but I'm guessing they came out flat. Probably thought the Rockets were going to lay down and give up because of the injury to Yao. The Lakers have a lot of talent, but are way too inconsistent. Where has Bynum been?

On the bench, because he sucks and Odom is really good.

bombay
05-10-2009, 06:35 PM

You got whumped, start to finish. I think the lakers came out thinking Houston would roll over, and they didn't.

ohiobronco2
05-10-2009, 07:11 PM
On the bench, because he sucks and Odom is really good.

;D

PaintballCLE
05-10-2009, 07:17 PM
my dream scenario:

Cavs win in 4, boston orlando goes 7, cavs beat boston/orlando in 4.......denver beats hou/la in 7 lol

PaintballCLE
05-10-2009, 07:55 PM
nice ending to the celts/magic game......

Boobs McGee
05-10-2009, 08:15 PM
You got whumped, start to finish. I think the lakers came out thinking Houston would roll over, and they didn't.

It seems like we've come into the playoffs with that assumption. But we're gettin a nice cold dose of reality :ouwknow:

Hopefully they get their asses in gear because The way Denver is playin, we can't get behind the 8 ball early.

And Inkana, I actually have to agree with you here. As much as I want to believe differently, Bynum is sucking big floppy donkey dick right now. Odom is tearin it up. Hopefully the big young guy wakes up and plays up to his potential.

P.s. Big baby does not look like a guy that could run up and down the court for an hour. wow. in the magic's face

theAPAOps5
05-10-2009, 08:15 PM
You guys should lay of ALF. AT least he does finally come around. Unlike the Drama Llama who spouted off about the Mavs when they were up 2 games against the Heat only to choke the finals away. He didn't come around for weeks.

So give the guy some leeway if he isn't in here the minute the game ends.

Mr. Trout
05-10-2009, 08:16 PM
Anybody else absolutely hate the Celtics?? Props to big baby though..glad he is making an impact in the pros.

Boobs McGee
05-10-2009, 08:18 PM
Anybody else absolutely hate the Celtics?? Props to big baby though..glad he is making an impact in the pros.

Yes. So very, very much.

Dagmar
05-10-2009, 08:55 PM
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l4/Codyisadaredevil/nuggswin.jpg

broncofan2438
05-10-2009, 09:12 PM

Such a crazy ass shot! People say he is clutch....

Broncosfreak_56
05-10-2009, 09:23 PM

I love that shot.

BroncoDoug
05-10-2009, 09:33 PM

Do you have a bigger high res version of that pic? I may have found my new backround...

broncofan2438
05-11-2009, 07:34 AM
Go Nuggs!!! Tonight we will witness a sweep

Dagmar
05-11-2009, 08:59 AM
Cuban is a lovely man...

Mark Cuban was involved in a brief confrontation with the mother of Nuggets forward Kenyon Martin following the wild finish between the Nuggets and Mavericks on Saturday, the Denver Post reported. The two sides have different accounts of how the situation unfolded. Cuban told the Post via e-mail that a fan was screaming about the Nuggets being thugs, which led Cuban to say "That includes your son," to Lydia Moore, Martin's mother.
Martin's agent said Cuban spotted Moore in the crowd and said "Your son is a punk," without provocation.

theAPAOps5
05-11-2009, 09:10 AM
You know I was in Downtown Dallas a couple years back and my friend and I wanted something quick to eat. We ended up heading into the Hooters down there. While we were eating in walks Cuban and he sits at the table next to us. We chatted for a little while and he was a really nice guy and the waitress said he always comes in and is a great guy.

But EVERY time I see him on TV at a game he is the biggest freaking douche I have ever seen. Crazy how different he is in person.

bronco militia
05-11-2009, 09:13 AM
http://www.drewlitton.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/markcubantoo.gif

Man-Goblin
05-11-2009, 10:54 AM
An outstanding ESPN.com piece on Chauncey Billups...

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/eticket/story?page=090511/billups

crush17
05-11-2009, 11:06 AM
Can't wait to break out the brooms tonight!
Dallas is going to lay down and let us take it.

enjolras
05-11-2009, 11:09 AM
You know I was in Downtown Dallas a couple years back and my friend and I wanted something quick to eat. We ended up heading into the Hooters down there. While we were eating in walks Cuban and he sits at the table next to us. We chatted for a little while and he was a really nice guy and the waitress said he always comes in and is a great guy.

But EVERY time I see him on TV at a game he is the biggest freaking douche I have ever seen. Crazy how different he is in person.

I've met Mark Cuban on a few occasions (I've been a technology entrepreneur for about 10 years now). He's actually a really classy guy when the Mavericks aren't involved. He goes out of his way to help aspiring entrepreneurs, and is really involved in a lot of causes he clearly cares deeply about.

I get it... when the Broncos are involved I completely lose my mind too:)

Inkana7
05-11-2009, 11:17 AM

That's such a great article. Made me a little sad at the part when he was traded to Denver.

Paladin
05-11-2009, 11:19 AM
Best piece I've ever seen from ESPN. Nice to see a Colorado Boy reach the big time, and lead his local club to new heights.....

Paladin
05-11-2009, 11:23 AM
Can't wait to break out the brooms tonight!
Dallas is going to lay down and let us take it.

Not for a New York minute do I believe the Mavs will lay down. The Nuggets will have to earn it. They can do it, but they will need to apply a bit more pressure on Dirkyboy and hope the refs are calling them fairly.

I hope that Terry embarrasses himself with another flop, and the ref would just stand there and look at him as if he's a damm fool....

SureShot
05-11-2009, 11:37 AM

Wow great article. Go Buffs! Go Nuggs!

broncofan2438
05-11-2009, 12:19 PM
Not for a New York minute do I believe the Mavs will lay down. The Nuggets will have to earn it. They can do it, but they will need to apply a bit more pressure on Dirkyboy and hope the refs are calling them fairly.

I hope that Terry embarrasses himself with another flop, and the ref would just stand there and look at him as if he's a damm fool....

Have to disagree with you. Mavs know they dont have a chance and the envergy that got sucked out of them on Sat will haunt them.

Nuggs with an easy sweep

Bronco X
05-11-2009, 12:32 PM

That's probably the best sports related article I've ever read.

FADERPROOF
05-11-2009, 02:18 PM
Go Cavs as the brooms are out tonight! I'm sure there will be some disagreement about this statement but the Cavs have been the most impressive team in the playoffs currently.

BroncoDoug
05-11-2009, 02:22 PM
That's probably the best sports related article I've ever read.

ditto

FADERPROOF
05-11-2009, 03:15 PM
and kenyon martin vows to confront mark cuban tonight about comments made to his mom.

TheChamp24
05-11-2009, 03:34 PM
Go Cavs as the brooms are out tonight! I'm sure there will be some disagreement about this statement but the Cavs have been the most impressive team in the playoffs currently.

No, they haven't. They are beating weak teams IMO. Detroit was a joke this year, and Atlanta is just an average team. Atlanta wouldn't even have made the playoffs in the West.

Karenin
05-11-2009, 03:53 PM

yea, the Cavs have looked good beating a team that was under .500 and another that was barely over. While the Nuggets have demolished two teams with a combined 99 wins. Not that the Cavs aren't the best team in the playoffs, they probably are, but Denver has been way more impressive thus far.

Inkana7
05-11-2009, 03:56 PM
yea, the Cavs have looked good beating a team that was under .500 and another that was barely over. While the Nuggets have demolished two teams with a combined 99 wins. Not that the Cavs aren't the best team in the playoffs, they probably are, but Denver has been way more impressive thus far.

7-0, all by double digits, many by 20+.

And the East > West.

FADERPROOF
05-11-2009, 03:58 PM
No, they haven't. They are beating weak teams IMO. Detroit was a joke this year, and Atlanta is just an average team. Atlanta wouldn't even have made the playoffs in the West.
atlanta was the 4 seed in the east, they are a playoff team in either conference. So if not the cavs, then who?

Inkana7
05-11-2009, 03:59 PM
AND Cleveland hasn't had a game that was remotely close.

Paladin
05-11-2009, 04:01 PM
Nuggets.

Paladin
05-11-2009, 04:01 PM
AND Cleveland hasn't had a game that was remotely close.

That's because they played crappy teams?

Inkana7
05-11-2009, 04:08 PM
That's because they played crappy teams?

I wouldn't exactly rank the Mavs and the Hornets as elite teams, bro. Especially with how beat up they are.

Paladin
05-11-2009, 04:14 PM
So. You would put Atlanta and Whosis in the "Elite" category?

The truly good teams will be in the final four. And I expect Denver to be one of them....

DBruleU
05-11-2009, 04:14 PM

And the East > West.

East > West?

Have you even looked at the records of the teams in the playoffs from the West and the East? Don't be stupid. The Wests number 8 seed had a better record than the team the Cavs are beating up on right now.

Bronco X
05-11-2009, 04:31 PM
And the East > West.

Your credibility just stuffed a grenade in it's mouth and pulled the pin.

TheChamp24
05-11-2009, 04:32 PM
atlanta was the 4 seed in the east, they are a playoff team in either conference. So if not the cavs, then who?

I'm just going to call you an idiot homer for this because obviously you didn't realize Atlanta has 47 wins, and Utah, the West's #8 seed, had 48 wins. Heck, Phoenix, the #9 seed, had 46 wins. Atlanta is an average team, and Detroit is below average. Grats on beating them.

I'd rank the Mavs and Hornets both over the opponents the Cavs have faced. The Cavs basically were given a cake walk to the East Finals with how poor the East is.

Karenin
05-11-2009, 04:57 PM

And the East > West.

I'm glad I read the second sentence before bothering to respond to the first. Thanks for playing, better luck next time.

The Big E
05-11-2009, 04:58 PM
The Cavs are impressive because they never let their foot off the pedal no matter what, even if the quality of the teams they are playing isn't all that great. It'll be interesting to see how much they get challenged in the next round.

LA needs to pay attention to the way the other playoff teams are competing, or they won't even make it to the WCF. I think they have Alzheimers because they seem to keep forgetting that the playoffs started a few weeks ago.

Inkana7
05-11-2009, 05:47 PM
East > West?

Have you even looked at the records of the teams in the playoffs from the West and the East? Don't be stupid. The Wests number 8 seed had a better record than the team the Cavs are beating up on right now.

ROFL! The West has the honor of hosting 6 of the 7 worst teams in the NBA. I wish Cleveland could play the Kings, Warriors, Thunder, Grizzlies, Timberwolves and Clippers more than twice a year.

Inkana7
05-11-2009, 05:48 PM
Your credibility just stuffed a grenade in it's mouth and pulled the pin.

Please see the above post.

Also, two of the last three NBA champions have been East Teams. The Eastern Conference had a better record against the West this year.

So.

East > West.

FADERPROOF
05-11-2009, 06:21 PM
I'm just going to call you an idiot homer for this because obviously you didn't realize Atlanta has 47 wins, and Utah, the West's #8 seed, had 48 wins. Heck, Phoenix, the #9 seed, had 46 wins. Atlanta is an average team, and Detroit is below average. Grats on beating them.

I'd rank the Mavs and Hornets both over the opponents the Cavs have faced. The Cavs basically were given a cake walk to the East Finals with how poor the East is.

An idiot homer? You do realize that you just copied the Hawks W-L over the West to determine that they wouldn't make the playoffs this year, right? Much like Inkana said, the West is top heavy and has a load a terrible teams, the East has a big 2(maybe 3) and mediocrity in it, meaning its 2 entirely different conferences both with the teams and style of play add on how different a schedule the Hawks would have playing in the West makes your already inept argument on why Atlanta wouldn't make the playoffs even more bunk.

So you can call me an idiot all you'd like,I'm sure all your buddies on World of Warcrraft have already been messaged by you, letting them know how cool you are that you called someone an idiot over the internet.

On to grown up basketball talk, jth1331 you can feel free to read along but this no longer is directed towards you and you will probably will not be able to follow along...

This is what makes the Cleveland Cavaliers the most impressive team in the playoffs currently, and while they have played "crappy" or "below average" teams, they are blowing these teams out. All 7 games have been won by double digits and even when they aren't on top of their game, they turn it on at the right times and bury teams. They aren't playing down the competition, they aren't feeling complacent out there, no rust after an entire week off, this team is taking care of business and 7 straight games of double digit wins is damn impressive no matter who they are playing.

Take the Lakers for example, no Laker fans I'm not picking on your team or bashing L.A., but they just faced a Rockets team that is without Yao Ming, Tracy McGrady, and Dikembe Motombo with a prime opportunity to step on their throat and basicalls end the series...the result? Houston blows them out. Even last year, your eventual champions the Boston Celtics went 7 games in the 1st 2 rounds, against the Hawks and Cavs.

It's tough to get up and perform at a high level every single game, especially with switching venues every 2 games and a nice week layoff between series, but the Cavs have done that and that in itself is impressive.

SouthStndJunkie
05-11-2009, 06:38 PM
Cleveland sweeps Atlanta.

Bronco X
05-11-2009, 06:45 PM
ROFL! The West has the honor of hosting 6 of the 7 worst teams in the NBA. I wish Cleveland could play the Kings, Warriors, Thunder, Grizzlies, Timberwolves and Clippers more than twice a year.

Please. Pop some ginkgo biloba and see if you can keep up. If those teams were in the East their record would be a lot better because they can play the other creampuff Eastern teams instead of the West's heavy hitters. You think the record of the Knicks, Raptors, Wizards, Bucks, Nets et all would be able to hang if they played the Lakers, Spurs, Nuggets, Mavs, Rockets, Blazers 3-4 times a year?

There is one team in the East that could beat any of the eight Western conference playoff teams in a seven game series. Three before injuries killed Boston and Orlando. The bottom five playoff teams in the East couldn't even beat the #9 West team in a series.

Cleveland may be the best team in the league, I would not argue against that. But I have too much respect for for the marvelous organ that is the human brain to let the east>west thing slide...

bombay
05-11-2009, 07:09 PM
Nowitski is a great shooter.

Moreno Knows Best
05-11-2009, 07:13 PM
NBA Records:

Cleveland 66 16
L.A. Lakers 65 17
Boston 62 20
Orlando 59 23
Denver 54 28
Portland 54 28
San Antonio 54 28
Houston 53 29
Dallas 50 32
New Orleans 49 33
Utah 48 34
Atlanta 47 35
Phoenix 46 36
Miami 43 39
Chicago 41 41
Philadelphia 41 41
Detroit 39 43
Indiana 36 46
Charlotte 35 47
Milwaukee 34 48
New Jersey 34 48
Toronto 33 49
New York 32 50
Golden State 29 53
Memphis 24 58
Minnesota 24 58
Oklahoma City 23 59
Washington 19 63
L.A. Clippers 19 63
Sacramento 17 65

You Eastern Conference honks can spin it any way you like, but your 4th seeded team wouldn't have even made the playoffs in the West, and furthermore, you guys had Sub-.500 teams in the playoffs.

I'll concede that the East has had the best overall team (singular) in prior years (Detroit when they won, Boston last year, Cleveland this year).... But top to bottom, the West > East, all day every day.

Bottom line is, no conference that has Sub-500 teams in the playoffs is any good. There are 3 legit teams in the East, and a bunch of also rans.

Odysseus
05-11-2009, 07:16 PM
Nuggets are looking pretty good.

TheChamp24
05-11-2009, 07:23 PM
An idiot homer? You do realize that you just copied the Hawks W-L over the West to determine that they wouldn't make the playoffs this year, right? Much like Inkana said, the West is top heavy and has a load a terrible teams, the East has a big 2(maybe 3) and mediocrity in it, meaning its 2 entirely different conferences both with the teams and style of play add on how different a schedule the Hawks would have playing in the West makes your already inept argument on why Atlanta wouldn't make the playoffs even more bunk.

So you can call me an idiot all you'd like,I'm sure all your buddies on World of Warcrraft have already been messaged by you, letting them know how cool you are that you called someone an idiot over the internet.

On to grown up basketball talk, jth1331 you can feel free to read along but this no longer is directed towards you and you will probably will not be able to follow along...

This is what makes the Cleveland Cavaliers the most impressive team in the playoffs currently, and while they have played "crappy" or "below average" teams, they are blowing these teams out. All 7 games have been won by double digits and even when they aren't on top of their game, they turn it on at the right times and bury teams. They aren't playing down the competition, they aren't feeling complacent out there, no rust after an entire week off, this team is taking care of business and 7 straight games of double digit wins is damn impressive no matter who they are playing.

Take the Lakers for example, no Laker fans I'm not picking on your team or bashing L.A., but they just faced a Rockets team that is without Yao Ming, Tracy McGrady, and Dikembe Motombo with a prime opportunity to step on their throat and basicalls end the series...the result? Houston blows them out. Even last year, your eventual champions the Boston Celtics went 7 games in the 1st 2 rounds, against the Hawks and Cavs.

It's tough to get up and perform at a high level every single game, especially with switching venues every 2 games and a nice week layoff between series, but the Cavs have done that and that in itself is impressive.

Wow, pimping out the World of Warcraft reference, haha no way ROFL!
I took facts, and the fact is Atlanta has 47 wins, Utah 48.

FADERPROOF
05-11-2009, 07:26 PM
NBA Records:

Cleveland 66 16
L.A. Lakers 65 17
Boston 62 20
Orlando 59 23
Denver 54 28
Portland 54 28
San Antonio 54 28
Houston 53 29
Dallas 50 32
New Orleans 49 33
Utah 48 34
Atlanta 47 35
Phoenix 46 36
Miami 43 39
Chicago 41 41
Philadelphia 41 41
Detroit 39 43
Indiana 36 46
Charlotte 35 47
Milwaukee 34 48
New Jersey 34 48
Toronto 33 49
New York 32 50
Golden State 29 53
Memphis 24 58
Minnesota 24 58
Oklahoma City 23 59
Washington 19 63
L.A. Clippers 19 63
Sacramento 17 65

You Eastern Conference honks can spin it any way you like, but your 4th seeded team wouldn't have even made the playoffs in the West, and furthermore, you guys had Sub-.500 teams in the playoffs.

I'll concede that the East has had the best overall team (singular) in prior years (Detroit when they won, Boston last year, Cleveland this year).... But top to bottom, the West > East, all day every day.

Bottom line is, no conference that has Sub-500 teams in the playoffs is any good. There are 3 legit teams in the East, and a bunch of also rans.

Interesting how you can downgrade East as a conference yet still consider Cleveland to be the best team in the league, aren't they playing the terrible Eastern conference teams as well? Hell I bet you think that all the NBA voters are a bunch of jackass idiots for voting Dwyane Wade as MVP this year on a team that finished 5th in the Eastern conference, I mean these guys are only focus on basketball for a living I'm sure they have no idea what they are watching and realizing out there.

Again, fact is you can't just take a W-L record and copy/paste it to the other conference and say that they wouldn't make the playoffs based on that, too much factors go into it to make that call.

And for the record, the West is a better overall conference, but the East isn't nearly as bad as many want to believe it to be.

FADERPROOF
05-11-2009, 07:31 PM
Wow, pimping out the World of Warcraft reference, haha no way ROFL!
I took facts, and the fact is Atlanta has 47 wins, Utah 48.

Pimping out? Now I know I'm dealing with a teenager.

Inkana7
05-11-2009, 07:34 PM
Inflated records thanks to playing the worst teams in the NBA. The ****ing Clippers, guys. The Clippers!

TheChamp24
05-11-2009, 07:39 PM
Pimping out? Now I know I'm dealing with a teenager.

Sorry for playing on your front lawn gramps! Ya gonna threaten me with your cane now?

FADERPROOF
05-11-2009, 07:42 PM
Sorry for playing on your front lawn gramps! Ya gonna threaten me with your cane now?

Yawn...

ohiobronco2
05-11-2009, 07:43 PM
This is an interesting debate that will go nowhere.

Broncosfreak_56
05-11-2009, 07:47 PM
Nice slam by Junior! Up by 14 at this point. Lets keep up the intensity.

enjolras
05-11-2009, 07:57 PM
This series is going to firmly cement Carmelo as a true NBA superstar. He was always on the edge...it's done now.

He is a perennial all-star from here on out.

spdirty
05-11-2009, 08:07 PM
This is an interesting debate that will go nowhere.

yep. don't really even understand the point of the arguments.

Eldorado
05-11-2009, 08:10 PM
Why is the birdman out?

Broncosfreak_56
05-11-2009, 08:10 PM
Why is the birdman out?
I guess he has stomach cramps. Doubtful to return.

TheChamp24
05-11-2009, 08:11 PM
Nice start for the Nuggets, although they need to step it up on D.

Broncosfreak_56
05-11-2009, 08:13 PM
Nice start for the Nuggets, although they need to step it up on D.

And hit their damn free throws. It's pissing me off a little.

TheChamp24
05-11-2009, 08:21 PM
And hit their damn free throws. It's pissing me off a little.

Yeah shooting 60% is dreadful.

spdirty
05-11-2009, 08:36 PM
I wish Altitude was allowed to do all the Nugs playoff games. These announcers the last 2 game have been annoying as ****.

Broncosfreak_56
05-11-2009, 08:43 PM
The Nuggets defense is ****ing terrible right now.

broncofan2438
05-11-2009, 08:52 PM
Looks like I wont be making it to game 5. Really wanted to go, but the Mavs are terrible. Go Nuggs

Broncosfreak_56
05-11-2009, 08:56 PM
Looks like I wont be making it to game 5. Really wanted to go, but the Mavs are terrible. Go Nuggs

Don't be so sure.

Odysseus
05-11-2009, 09:06 PM
Do the Nuggets want to win this game? This is crazy. Let these guys play.

broncofan2438
05-11-2009, 09:11 PM
Don't be so sure.

We can all be sure.....Nuggs with the sweep

broncofan2438
05-11-2009, 09:12 PM
Billups about to check in.....this thing is over

spdirty
05-11-2009, 09:13 PM
Can someone please kill Linus Kleiza? God Id much rather have Balkman in there.

broncofan2438
05-11-2009, 09:14 PM
The Mavs are idiots.....they are killing themselves.....Nuggs are letting them hang in this

05-11-2009, 09:44 PM
These refs are abysmal.

Two fouls inside 30 seconds?

TheChamp24
05-11-2009, 09:45 PM
Yeah, those saying they won't have to worry about game 5, thanks for the bad karma.

spdirty
05-11-2009, 09:45 PM

Are you happy?

spdirty
05-11-2009, 09:46 PM
Yeah, those saying they won't have to worry about game 5, thanks for the bad karma.

Well its OK at least we wont have to worry about a game 6. :~ohyah!:

05-11-2009, 09:49 PM
This series should be tied.

Anyone who calls Dirk soft, or anything but ****ing epic, is a retard.

extralife
05-11-2009, 09:50 PM
garbage bail out foul on dirk as he airballs yet another clutch attempt.

spdirty

STFU you fat slob.

SouthStndJunkie
Denver will get them in Game Five.

24champ
05-11-2009, 09:52 PM
We can all be sure.....Nuggs with the sweep

Say what Junior?:giggle:

05-11-2009, 09:52 PM
Denver will get them in Game Five.

And if there's a god, there WILL be a game 6 after that crap at the end of game 3.

Broncosfreak_56
05-11-2009, 09:53 PM

Funny how you do a complete 180 when Dirk doesn't choke away the game for once. Enjoy your championship bitch, Nuggets will destroy the Mavs Wednesday.

bronco militia
05-11-2009, 09:54 PM
And if there's a god, there WILL be a game 6 after that crap at the end of game 3.

the broncos won two superbowls.

I'm pretty sure there's a god

05-11-2009, 09:56 PM
Funny how you do a complete 180 when Dirk doesn't choke away the game for once. Enjoy your championship b****, Nuggets will destroy the Mavs Wednesday.

What 180?

Dirk choked the other night.

Tonight he was clutch.

TheChamp24
05-11-2009, 09:57 PM
I find it funny all the people bitching about the game 3 stuff at the end. If Melo misses that three, we don't hear any complaining from the Mavs fans lol.

ludo21
05-11-2009, 09:59 PM
I find it funny all the people b****ing about the game 3 stuff at the end. If Melo misses that three, we don't hear any complaining from the Mavs fans lol.

ya we hear whining from the nuggs fans if he misses

It was a bad call, thats what I am harping on.

Bronco X
05-11-2009, 10:02 PM
The Nuggets won game 3 and the Mavs won game 4. Any honest argument that the Mavs should have won game 3 should conclude that the Nuggets should have won game 4. Mavs got plenty of help from phantom calls late.

But you see, the Nuggets shouldn't have let it get to that. See how it works Mavs fans?

Paladin
05-11-2009, 10:08 PM

Flakers and rockets are 2 -2. So you have nothing to brag about.

I am disgusted with the officials, but they call them as they "see" them, I guess. Stupid fouls both ways...

When Dirkyboy posts up and pounds the ball and just backs into the defender, that should be charging. I have always been horrified that that could be remotely considered a "good" basketball play.

The game in Denver should be a barn burner.

No, the Mavs did not just lay down, now did they? But they were lucky, I think. The Nuggets lost several points in the FT line, and did not finish several good drives to the rim.

05-11-2009, 10:08 PM
Any honest argument that the Mavs should have won game 3 should conclude that the Nuggets should have won game 4. Mavs got plenty of help from phantom calls late.
?

Bull****. Did you not see the ridiculous number of technicals called on Dallas?

Paladin
05-11-2009, 10:09 PM
Did you see Cuban high fiving fans around him?

Come to Denver, my friend.......

Paladin
05-11-2009, 10:10 PM
This message is hidden because Bob's your Information Minister is on your ignore list (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/profile.php?do=editlist).

05-11-2009, 10:11 PM
All I know is the Nuggs are in for a hell of a Game 5 with Howard getting healthier.

I'm sure the league will call in that little b**** Danny Crawford at some point, though.

*As we pointed out before Sunday’s Game 1, in Mavs playoffs games worked by Crawford from 2001-to-2005, the Mavs record was 0-8. (Those years, Dallas was 41-37 in games NOT worked by Crawford.)

*Now we’re updated to this additional info: Since 2001, the Mavs are 53-50 overall in playoffs. Dallas record when Crawford is NOT working the game is 52-35. Dallas’ record when Crawford IS working the Mavs game is. … 1-15.

*Want more? The one Mavs win under Crawford’s watch was in the 2006 Phoenix series, a Dallas blowout victory. Also in 2006, in the NBA Finals, guess who worked Game 3 against the Heat, when Dwyane Wade was allowed to shoot as many FTs (18) as the entire Mavs team made, all leading to Dallas’ two-point loss? That would be Danny Crawford.

And in Game 6, when the Mavs lost by three points?And Wade shot 21 free throws, two fewer than the number shot by the entire Mavs team?

Danny Crawford strikes again.

Seriously, Danny Crawford is the damned Grim Reaper.

*And then there is the statistical likelihood of what it all means (thanks, Ole and Butternut and my man Nick Reed):

Dallas’ playoff winning percentage without Danny Crawford is 59.77 percent.

DHallblows
05-11-2009, 10:12 PM
So Bob is equally retarded in ALL sports...good to know

broncofan2438
05-11-2009, 10:19 PM

Easy Laker homo...I mean homer.

Watch me in my courtside seats at game 5

Garcia Bronco
05-11-2009, 10:26 PM
I've seen fish on a carpet flop less than the Mavericks did tonight.

24champ
05-11-2009, 10:31 PM
Cuban called all the Nuggets moms and said their sons are thugs.

05-11-2009, 10:37 PM
Looks like George Karl has some sour grapes.

"Bass got some minutes. The little kid came in and played well for them..."

Broncosfreak_56
05-11-2009, 10:45 PM
Looks like George Karl has some sour grapes.

How is that sour grapes? He was acknowledging good play, unlike Carlisle who has bitched about the refs every game except today, coincidentally.

05-11-2009, 10:47 PM
How is that sour grapes?

Please.

24champ
05-11-2009, 10:50 PM
Suspenion...elbow to the throat. :)

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/18/fullj.ddebfd5cbf6e109968eda857057dd907/ddebfd5cbf6e109968eda857057dd907-getty-86317094rm015_denver_nugget.jpg

Broncosfreak_56
05-11-2009, 10:50 PM
Please.

Please what? Do you need me to use smaller words next time I post? Man your such an idiot. George said their bench did well. What the hell do you want him to say?

DHallblows
05-11-2009, 10:54 PM

Wish I was that calm while elbowing someone without moving. Impressive

summerdenver
05-11-2009, 10:56 PM
Please.

Explain it Bob why is that sour grapes?

05-11-2009, 11:01 PM

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/18/fullj.ddebfd5cbf6e109968eda857057dd907/ddebfd5cbf6e109968eda857057dd907-getty-86317094rm015_denver_nugget.jpg

It will never happen.

Never.

Has an important player on another team ever been suspended in a playoff game against the Mavs?

DHallblows
05-11-2009, 11:06 PM
Christ. He's kidding, Bob (I assumed). That's a still picture where their elbows were locked and his elbow was next to the other guy's throat. There was no elbowing in that play

05-11-2009, 11:10 PM
Wright's throat made illegal contact with Melo's forearm I'm sure.

DHallblows
05-11-2009, 11:13 PM
Here's the force used. A wrist to the shoulder. Everything else was just random moving around of 2 elbows locked together.
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/ap/20090512/capt.10d9d966db8c4a22a73e5eb9239672c3.nuggets_mave ricks_basketball_dna111.jpg

05-11-2009, 11:23 PM
LOL. Clearly a still photo is the evidence we need in this case.

DHallblows
05-11-2009, 11:27 PM
Glad you saw the irony :thumbs:

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/ap/20090510/capt.6cd87e3eb12e4333a9655d2d831df5c8.aptopix_nugg ets_mavericks_basketball_dna114.jpg

Silly Antoine, hitting himself in the face with a ball. At least Kenyon was kind enough to brush off his hair while it happened

Broncosfreak_56
05-11-2009, 11:31 PM
Glad you saw the irony :thumbs:

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/ap/20090510/capt.6cd87e3eb12e4333a9655d2d831df5c8.aptopix_nugg ets_mavericks_basketball_dna114.jpg

Silly Antoine, hitting himself in the face with a ball. At least Kenyon was kind enough to brush off his hair while it happened

Surely the ball will be suspended for game 5.

DHallblows
05-11-2009, 11:33 PM
Surely the ball will be suspended for game 5.

If you weren't so ****ing stupid, you'd see that the ball's elbow is clearly not touching any part of him...

Broncosfreak_56
05-11-2009, 11:39 PM
If you weren't so ****ing stupid, you'd see that the ball's elbow is clearly not touching any part of him...

Ah damn. My bad. The ball shouldn't have put it's hands up, anyway. I can't tell if he got him that hard.

Rulon Velvet Jones
05-11-2009, 11:43 PM
At least Wright can take solace in the fact that if Carmelo wanted to start a fight, he'd just slap him and run away like a bitch.

Rulon Velvet Jones
05-11-2009, 11:49 PM
And we're all still waiting for that fugazi K-Mart to show up.

DHallblows
05-11-2009, 11:49 PM
At least Wright can take solace in the fact that if Carmelo wanted to start a fight, he'd just slap him and run away like a b****.

Yeah, there's no reason for the 27 ppg player to take out the 6 ppg one. Glad he's thinking straight...

Boobs McGee
05-11-2009, 11:50 PM
from the ap recap at yahoo sports :

Notes:@ Denver's Chris "Birdman" Andersen missed the game with a stomach flu. ... Cuban won't be at Game 5. He'll be keeping a promise to his wife made six months ago and accepting a lifetime award for advertising in Las Vegas. ... Anthony had five steals. ... This was Nowitzki's fifth 40-point playoff game.

RRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

well played sir, well played

Rulon Velvet Jones
05-12-2009, 12:01 AM
Yeah, there's no reason for the 27 ppg player to take out the 6 ppg one. Glad he's thinking straight...

I'm bringing in character witness Nate Robinson and a copy of Carmelo's "stop snitchin'" DVD.

Broncosfreak_56
05-12-2009, 12:13 AM
I'm bringing in character witness Nate Robinson and a copy of Carmelo's "stop snitchin'" DVD.

I'm sure Dirk will bring his skanky con artist girlfriend and Josh Howard will be sporting some American flag shoes to walk on seeing as the pledge of allegiance doesn't apply to him "since he is black." Better keep Jason Kidd away from his wife or he might get another domestic abuse charge.

:clown:

FADERPROOF
05-12-2009, 02:50 AM
Cavs didn't play that good, still took care of business down the stretch and the brooms were out!

Paladin
05-12-2009, 06:09 AM

You are a frigging retard, ALF....

Paladin
05-12-2009, 06:12 AM
Cavs didn't play that good, still took care of business down the stretch and the brooms were out!

I was greatly unimpressed with the Cavs. No D, really slow O and players. Jump good, and pose nice, but blah as basketball....

Paladin
05-12-2009, 06:13 AM

3 - 1

Rulon Velvet Jones
05-12-2009, 06:50 AM
3 - 1

3-1 all you want. I understand Denver is the better team. That doesn't change the fact that Carmelo has a record of being a b****, starting **** and backing away. Proved it again last night.

ColoradoBuff
05-12-2009, 08:16 AM
3-1 all you want. I understand Denver is the better team. That doesn't change the fact that Carmelo has a record of being a b****, starting **** and backing away. Proved it again last night.

:peace:

Karenin
05-12-2009, 08:40 AM

Poor little baby bitch. I'd think you'd be used to your Mavs losing by now, but no, you still have to make excuses and bitch. Take your 3-1 record like a man, quit whining.

lex
05-12-2009, 08:47 AM
Carmelo was horrible yesterday. He was forcing it way too much on offense, he was getting used on defense, plus he could easily be suspended.

bronco militia
05-12-2009, 08:49 AM
Carmelo was horrible yesterday.

REALLY?

Man-Goblin
05-12-2009, 08:51 AM

The fact is Melo was stupid for even getting caught up in all of it. If that swing lands he would be sitting for game 5 (ironically, if he was to get suspended it is in the Nuggets interest to have a game 5).

Also worth noting, Melo has had elbow issues on both arms all season. This is the second time during the series that I know of that the Mavs have locked on one of his arms and twisted it. I have a hard time believing it's a coincidence.

broncofan7
05-12-2009, 09:01 AM
I'm sure Dirk will bring his skanky con artist girlfriend and Josh Howard will be sporting some American flag shoes to walk on seeing as the pledge of allegiance doesn't apply to him "since he is black." Better keep Jason Kidd away from his wife or he might get another domestic abuse charge.

:clown:

LOL--how true--over half of these POS would be in a correctional facility if it weren't for their height and god given ability to run & jump....