PDA

View Full Version : The Official 2009 NBA Playoffs Thread (M)

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Boobs McGee
05-06-2009, 10:26 PM
Nice win tonight lakers! I don't know how many points get put into your "playoff account" for an ejection, but if it's three, then fish and artest are gone. And artest hurts the rockets ALOT more than fish hurts us.

Punisher
05-06-2009, 10:27 PM
Nice win go lakers

enjolras
05-06-2009, 10:28 PM
I believed he traveled twice during it. You are not allowed to rebound the ball if it doesn't hit the rim(I think). And he took a couple steps to get out from Battier's defense. Other than that, yeah it was.

You can touch a ball you shoot after it touches the rim, backboard, or another player... so that wasn't a walk. He was also within a two count rhythm when getting around Battier. I don't think any part of it was a walk.

enjolras
05-06-2009, 10:28 PM
Hell he actually only took one step to get around Battier. It was an incredible move.

Broncosfreak_56
05-06-2009, 10:35 PM
You can touch a ball you shoot after it touches the rim, backboard, or another player... so that wasn't a walk. He was also within a two count rhythm when getting around Battier. I don't think any part of it was a walk.

Ah, ok, I thought it had to touch the rim for the same player to touch it again. my bad.

ohiobronco2
05-06-2009, 10:35 PM
The Lakers played dirty tonight. Can't believe Fisher did that, lost a lot of respect for him. Kobe doesn't want to start trouble with Ron, he's bat sh*t crazy. Frankly, I like Ron, he doesn't take sh*t from anyone and has enormous balls. Seriously, he was willing to take on anybody at the Palace. Kobe was atleast smart enough to put his arms up and listen to Ron, if he threw one punch, it would have been all over for him. Laker fans shouldn't refer to anybody elses team as thugs after tonight.

24champ
05-06-2009, 10:39 PM
The Black Mamba (Dendroaspis polylepis), is an elapid snake and is one of Africa's most dangerous and feared snakes. It is also known for being very aggressive when disturbed or confronted and will not hesitate to strike with deadly precision.

When warding off a bigger threat or feeling very threatened, the black mamba usually delivers multiple strikes, injecting its potent neuro- and cardiotoxin with each strike, often attacking the body or head, unlike most other snakes. It can strike up to 12 times in a row. A single bite from a black mamba can inject enough venom to kill up to 10-25 grown men, easily killing one unless the appropriate antivenom is administered in time. When cornered, it will readily attack.

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/b0/fullj.2d95e6cc112557e4e88775c916b934da/2d95e6cc112557e4e88775c916b934da-getty-86316490mw033_houston_rocke.jpg

Punisher
05-06-2009, 10:45 PM
The Lakers played dirty tonight. Can't believe Fisher did that, lost a lot of respect for him. Kobe doesn't want to start trouble with Ron, he's bat sh*t crazy. Frankly, I like Ron, he doesn't take sh*t from anyone and has enormous balls. Seriously, he was willing to take on anybody at the Palace. Kobe was atleast smart enough to put his arms up and listen to Ron, if he threw one punch, it would have been all over for him. Laker fans shouldn't refer to anybody elses team as thugs after tonight.

I'm a big Artest fan Ive been following him since he signed an application for Circuit City,I was very sad the Lakers didn't trade L.Odom for him.

Yea the lakers played Dirty tonight because this is a dirty series,I see the Rockets as a test but after we Ace this test where going to win the Championship.

TheManeMan
05-06-2009, 10:47 PM
The Black Mamba (Dendroaspis polylepis), is an elapid dirty snake and is one of Africa's most arrogant, dangerous and feared snakes. It is also known for being very aggressive when disturbed or confronted and will not hesitate to strike with deadly precision or elbows.

When warding off a bigger threat or feeling very threatened, the black mamba usually delivers multiple strikes most often with his elbows, injecting its potent neuro- and cardiotoxin with each strike, often attacking the body, OR the throat, unlike most other snakes. It can strike up to 12 times in a row;just as long as the referee isnt looking. A single bite from a black mamba can inject enough venom to kill up to 10-25 grown men, easily killing one unless the appropriate antivenom is administered in time. When cornered or desperate, it will readily attack.

:thumbs:

Boobs McGee
05-06-2009, 10:49 PM

LOL I don't care who you are, that is FUNNY

Kaylore
05-06-2009, 10:50 PM
The Black Mamba (Dendroaspis polylepis), is an elapid snake and is one of Africa's most dangerous and feared snakes. It is also known for being very aggressive when disturbed or confronted and will not hesitate to strike with deadly precision.

When warding off a bigger threat or feeling very threatened, the black mamba usually delivers multiple strikes, injecting its potent neuro- and cardiotoxin with each strike, often attacking the body or head, unlike most other snakes. It can strike up to 12 times in a row. A single bite from a black mamba can inject enough venom to kill up to 10-25 grown men, easily killing one unless the appropriate antivenom is administered in time. When cornered, it will readily attack.

::)

http://www.gifbin.com/bin/1237576337_daffy-jerking.gif

ohiobronco2
05-06-2009, 10:52 PM

LOL ROFL! :spit:

24champ
05-06-2009, 10:59 PM
The Lakers played dirty tonight. Can't believe Fisher did that, lost a lot of respect for him.

Lakers played like they had some f***ng balls. Quit your crying and go to the Girl Talk thread and you can talk about your issues there with the other women.

Kobe doesn't want to start trouble with Ron, he's bat sh*t crazy. Frankly, I like Ron, he doesn't take sh*t from anyone and has enormous balls. Seriously, he was willing to take on anybody at the Palace. Kobe was atleast smart enough to put his arms up and listen to Ron, if he threw one punch, it would have been all over for him.

Kobe just threw up his hands because he is smart unlike Artest who is dumb as a box of rocks going after the referee and then Kobe. Honestly I have never seen that in a NBA game before. It was hilarious.

Kobe was doing what Artest does every game, bug people. Artest can dish it but he can't take it and that's Artests problem.

TheManeMan
05-06-2009, 11:06 PM
The Bible for Lakers fans...

http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/00/a6/fd21f0f9e7a097100c768110.L._AA240_.jpg

TDmvp
05-06-2009, 11:07 PM

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/6383/mancrushmeterda0.jpg

Jeez Alf full on man crush mode for kobe are yas ? ...

cutthemdown
05-06-2009, 11:12 PM
Lakers played physical tonight, held rockets to under 100, IMO if they keep playing defense like that they take the series from Rockets.

24champ
05-06-2009, 11:55 PM
Lakers played physical tonight, held rockets to under 100, IMO if they keep playing defense like that they take the series from Rockets.

What Lakers need is for just one Laker Fan to throw a coke at Artest and watch him go into the stands (again).:rofl:

TheManeMan
05-07-2009, 01:04 AM
http://zip.4chan.org/sp/src/1241674199380.gif

BroncoDoug
05-07-2009, 01:45 AM
http://zip.4chan.org/sp/src/1241674199380.gif

And that was a foul on artest....wow.

cutthemdown
05-07-2009, 02:52 AM
What Lakers need is for just one Laker Fan to throw a coke at Artest and watch him go into the stands (again).:rofl:

Naw I think Lakers can do it to him. Just keep chipping on him, elbowing him, stepping on his feet, putting feet under him when he jumps, spit on him, knee him in the balls, whatever it takes.

Seriously though Lakers need to keep Gasol at center Bynam playing like crap.

ohiobronco2
05-07-2009, 03:56 AM
Lakers played like they had some ****ng balls. Quit your crying and go to the Girl Talk thread and you can talk about your issues there with the other women.

Kobe just threw up his hands because he is smart unlike Artest who is dumb as a box of rocks going after the referee and then Kobe. Honestly I have never seen that in a NBA game before. It was hilarious.

Kobe was doing what Artest does every game, bug people. Artest can dish it but he can't take it and that's Artests problem.

Alf, I was one of the few people who didn't step on your nuts last year after the Lakers collapse in the finals. I'm not a Laker hater, but a hater of dynasties and teams that win all of the time (the lone exception being teams I root for of course). Naturally, no matter who won last year, I was unhappy. Now I see that you're an as*hole after your repeated digs at Nuggets fans on this board and what I quoted above. Lakers didn't play like they had balls, they played desperate and afraid of going down 2-0 to a team that is playing without one of the better players in the NBA (when healthy, of course he never is). I'm sure Artest throws cheap shots now and again, but I've never seen him elbow somebody in the throat. I feel pretty confident that the Lakers will lose Fisher for a game and Kobe will be disciplined in some manner (as will Artest). Anyways, congrats on showing up after a win, your were noticeably absent after the game one loss and just to let you know, I'll be first in line this year, holding your tear towel after another Laker collapse.

cutthemdown
05-07-2009, 04:10 AM

Artest was obviously pushing and holding kobe down with his elbow, Kobes was more a quick jab to respond to that. Good call by refs. Lakers will soon have a handle on this series. Kobe has awoken. Watch him throw 50 down next game.

spdirty
05-07-2009, 06:03 AM
Just hope this is a 7 game series.

Rulon Velvet Jones
05-07-2009, 06:14 AM
I do fear, however, that we are about 10 more replies away from Airport smack. You've all been warned.

I had to backread to get to this, but yeah - Denver's airport sucks.

Moreno Knows Best
05-07-2009, 06:21 AM
However, Dallas' airport is soft as toilet paper, and could collapse at any minute.

(Just like the Cowboys practice facility!)

Zing!

Rulon Velvet Jones
05-07-2009, 06:42 AM
However, Dallas' airport is soft as toilet paper, and could collapse at any minute.

(Just like the Cowboys practice facility!)

Zing!

Whoa...easy there, chief. A guy won't be walking again after that collapse.

TheChamp24
05-07-2009, 07:04 AM
Artest was obviously pushing and holding kobe down with his elbow, Kobes was more a quick jab to respond to that. Good call by refs. Lakers will soon have a handle on this series. Kobe has awoken. Watch him throw 50 down next game.

Lol are you freakin kidding me? Kobe threw an elbow at Artest's throat. He could get suspended for that, you know. Dwight Howard was suspended for elbowing, Kobe just might get suspended for that.

oubronco
05-07-2009, 07:12 AM
the Lakers just gave it back to Houston like they got it

it's just that simple

dbfan4life
05-07-2009, 07:42 AM

That's how it was called. Looks to me like Artest was trying to bully Kobe down low and Kobe gave him a "get the **** off me" shot. Not saying that it was called right but the Rockets were being physical and the Lakers were returning the sentiment.

Beantown Bronco
05-07-2009, 07:51 AM
Being physical is one thing......giving a Spider-like throat punch (or elbow) is another.

theAPAOps5
05-07-2009, 07:52 AM
The Lakers are a bunch of thugs. Houston is in their head!

ColoradoBuff
05-07-2009, 07:53 AM
Unless you have evidence that I'm a fan of some other ****ty NBA team, step off!

So your callin the Mavs ****ty? :spit:

Boobs McGee
05-07-2009, 07:58 AM
That's how it was called. Looks to me like Artest was trying to bully Kobe down low and Kobe gave him a "get the **** off me" shot. Not saying that it was called right but the Rockets were being physical and the Lakers were returning the sentiment.

exactly.

24champ
05-07-2009, 08:53 AM
your were noticeably absent after the game one loss

Wrong, I was here after the loss douchebag.

Anything else you want to make up?

vancejohnson82
05-07-2009, 09:04 AM

i dont like the Lakers.....or their fans

but please keep posting so I can see your avatar

azbroncfan
05-07-2009, 09:46 AM
Lol are you freakin kidding me? Kobe threw an elbow at Artest's throat. He could get suspended for that, you know. Dwight Howard was suspended for elbowing, Kobe just might get suspended for that.

No way he will even though he should even with his cheap shots in game one on Shane B. The league has too much interest in a Cavs Lakers finals. Lakers are a finesse team and it was starting to piss them off so they resorted to dirty cheap shots.

ohiobronco2
05-07-2009, 09:56 AM

Hey, when you're right, you're right. Though you showed up 30 min after the collapse to cry and make excuses for your team. I had went to bed by then and missed your lilith fair like cry fest.

24champ
05-07-2009, 10:05 AM
Hey, when you're right, you're right. Though you showed up 30 min after the collapse to cry and make excuses for your team. I had went to bed by then and missed your lilith fair like cry fest.

It certainly wasn't anything like your cryfest last night when your boy Crazy Ron got his own medicine.:spit:

ohiobronco2
05-07-2009, 10:17 AM
It certainly wasn't anything like your cryfest last night when your boy Crazy Ron got his own medicine.:spit:

Here's the difference. It really doesn't matter to me. I'm not a Rockets fan. However, you are a Laker fan and your future meltdown is going to be EPIC. I'm getting my popcorn ready.

Punisher
05-07-2009, 10:21 AM
Here's the difference. It really doesn't matter to me. I'm not a Rockets fan. However, you are a Laker fan and your future meltdown is going to be EPIC. I'm getting my popcorn ready.

Lakers are going to win the Championship :egbgb: No meltdown is gonna happen :yayaya:

ohiobronco2
05-07-2009, 10:22 AM
Lakers are going to win the Championship :egbgb: No meltdown is gonna happen :yayaya:

Good Luck to you. ;D

TheManeMan
05-07-2009, 10:23 AM
Reporter: "Yao, so after splitting the first two games, what are your thoughts on going back home?"

Yao: "Split? What's that mean?"

Reporter: "It means getting 1-1 in the first two games."

Yao: "Oh. Man, I've been learning lots of new words lately."

(Crowd laughter)

http://www.thedreamshake.com/2009/5/7/867840/yao-said-we-dont-want-split-at-home

Ha!

DHallblows
05-07-2009, 10:25 AM
Reporter: "Yao, so after splitting the first two games, what are your thoughts on going back home?"

Yao: "Split? What's that mean?"

Reporter: "It means getting 1-1 in the first two games."

Yao: "Oh. Man, I've been learning lots of new words lately."

(Crowd laughter)

http://www.thedreamshake.com/2009/5/7/867840/yao-said-we-dont-want-split-at-home

Ha!

While all around painful to listen to, Yao's interviews are so goddamn cute...

Punisher
05-07-2009, 10:30 AM
My top 5 Fav players of all time.
Dennis Rodman
Ron Artest
Rick Fox
Micheal Jordan
Kobe Bryant

I'm loving this series as a Basketball Fan and as a Laker Fan.The Rockets are playing better than anyone expected,and the long run this is going to help us because neither The Nuggs,The Mavs or the Cavs have the same amount of Defense that the Rockets have.

crush17
05-07-2009, 10:33 AM
Dennis Rodman
Ron Artest
Rick Fox
Micheal Jordan
Kobe Bryant

I'm loving this series as a Basketball Fan and as a Laker Fan.The Rockets are playing better than anyone expected,and the long run this is going to help us because neither The Nuggs,The Mavs or the Cavs have the same amount of Defense that the Rockets have.

lol have you been watching the Nuggets at all??

Punisher
05-07-2009, 10:41 AM
lol have you been watching the Nuggets at all??

Ive been keeping a close eye on the Nuggs when they Traded for C.B.Which i taught was the dumbest trade for the Pistons.Why would you trade a TOP 5 PG for an Old A.I?It was kind of like the Paul.G trade last year.

Yea the Nuggest have better O than the Rockets but there D isn't even close.Who in the hell is gonna stick Gasol the Bridman?Nene?

TheManeMan
05-07-2009, 11:03 AM
Dude your team still has the Rockets on their plate and you're worried about who is going to guard Gasol in a matchup in the next round?!?

This is one of the many reasons why I hate Lakers fans. :notthissh

Punisher
05-07-2009, 11:14 AM
Dude your team still has the Rockets on their plate and you're worried about who is going to guard Gasol in a matchup in the next round?!?

This is one of the many reasons why I hate Lakers fans. :notthissh

No No the Lakers are practicing where no playing the Rockets where just practicing. :thumbsup:

TheManeMan
05-07-2009, 11:15 AM
Wanna try that again...in English this time?

theAPAOps5
05-07-2009, 11:16 AM
Ive been keeping a close eye on the Nuggs when they Traded for C.B.Which i taught was the dumbest trade for the Pistons.Why would you trade a TOP 5 PG for an Old A.I?It was kind of like the Paul.G trade last year.

2 words: Expiring Contract

AI has a huge contract that is going to expire which is coveted in the NBA as it provides huge luxury tax relief. The Pistons wanted that and the Nuggets wanted Chauncey. A long time ago Joe Dumars made a promise to Chauncey that said if a trade ever came back that got him back to Denver that worked he would do it.

this worked for all sides.

Inkana7
05-07-2009, 11:18 AM
Dennis Rodman
Ron Artest
Rick Fox
Micheal Jordan
Kobe Bryant

You're right, the Cavs, who have are either #1 or #2 in EVERY defensive category, don't have the same defense as the Rockets.

Good call.

Punisher
05-07-2009, 11:22 AM
You're right, the Cavs, who have are either #1 or #2 in EVERY defensive category, don't have the same defense as the Rockets.

Good call.

Oh yea They played in the East all year,I could see why they're #1 or #2 in EVERY defensive category ;)

azbroncfan
05-07-2009, 11:28 AM
Yea the Nuggest have better O than the Rockets but there D isn't even close.Who in the hell is gonna stick Gasol the Bridman?Nene?

or even KMart can guard the big soft spainard. All three will be able to force him a couple extra feet away from the hoop and force jumpers and jump hooks.

Rulon Velvet Jones
05-07-2009, 11:30 AM
I can't believe some of the things I'm reading here.

Inkana7
05-07-2009, 11:31 AM
Oh yea They played in the East all year,I could see why they're #1 or #2 in EVERY defensive category ;)

The East had a better record against the West this year and the East has won 2 of the last 3 NBA championships. The Celtics had hands down the best statistical defense last year, playing in the East, and they smothered the Lakers. The West has 6 of the 7 worst teams in the NBA(Clippers, Grizzlies, Timberwolves, Thunder, Kings and Warriors. The 7th being the Wizards.)

You were saying?

Punisher
05-07-2009, 11:40 AM
The East had a better record against the West this year and the East has won 2 of the last 3 NBA championships. The Celtics had hands down the best statistical defense last year, playing in the East, and they smothered the Lakers. The West has 6 of the 7 worst teams in the NBA(Clippers, Grizzlies, Timberwolves, Thunder, Kings and Warriors. The 7th being the Wizards.)

You were saying?

Yea whatever you win.The Cavs are going to win the Championship and the Lakers will Fail and all you Laker Haters will jizz in your Pants when all this unfolds. :thanku:

Flex Gunmetal
05-07-2009, 11:48 AM

Do you watch BBall at all?
Guess who was 2nd in the league in blocked shots despite playing 15 mpg less than the leader? (Dwight Howard)
Nuggs are playing incredible D and anyone who says otherwise is a fool.

azbroncfan
05-07-2009, 11:55 AM

What was the CAVS record against the west?

Punisher
05-07-2009, 11:55 AM
Do you watch BBall at all?
Guess who was 2nd in the league in blocked shots despite playing 15 mpg less than the leader? (Dwight Howard)
Nuggs are playing incredible D and anyone who says otherwise is a fool.

LMAO yea Watched a lot of Basketball as a matter of fact, to Glen Rice scoring 56 on Orlando to Paxson hitting a Clutch shot on Barkley and the suns.Maybe i should just keep my mouth shut about the Nuggs this is a Denver fan website after all.

Punisher
05-07-2009, 11:58 AM

Hell if i know.

TheManeMan
05-07-2009, 12:02 PM
LMAO yea Watched a lot of Basketball as a matter of fact, to Glen Rice scoring 56 on Orlando to Paxson hitting a Clutch shot on Barkley and the suns.Maybe i should just keep my mouth shut about the Nuggs this is a Denver fan website after all.

What were you 7 back then...LOL...

Paxson didnt hit a 3 in anyones face...he was wide f'n open! Hilarious!

Flex Gunmetal
05-07-2009, 12:06 PM

Well why did you give up watching basketball? Or do you just assume that denver's D is bad given the past few years (decades)?

Punisher
05-07-2009, 12:06 PM
What were you 7 back then...LOL...

Paxson didnt hit a 3 in anyones face...he was wide f'n open! Hilarious!

I know Grant passed it back to him and i was like 7 when it happened watched the whole series and still have the VHS to this day.

Punisher
05-07-2009, 12:08 PM
Well why did you give up watching basketball? Or do you just assume that denver's D is bad given the past few years (decades)?

No denver D is Good I just think its not better than the Rockets D but that's just my opinion

ohiobronco2
05-07-2009, 12:19 PM
Wanna try that again...in English this time?

"Baxter you know I can't speak Spanish......In English please."

ohiobronco2
05-07-2009, 12:23 PM

26-4

ohiobronco2
05-07-2009, 12:25 PM
No denver D is Good I just think its not better than the Rockets D but that's just my opinion

And you're entitled to it. The Rockets play great team D and have great individual defenders. Not every team has both.

montrose
05-07-2009, 12:29 PM
I'm still waiting for Karl to screw this whole thing up.

TheManeMan
05-07-2009, 12:29 PM
"Baxter you know I can't speak Spanish......In English please."

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Hj5vERbLtYI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Hj5vERbLtYI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

42 seconds in...

lex
05-07-2009, 12:36 PM
I think what makes Denvers defense so outstanding is their ability to convert their defense into offense quickly. If its just playing defense in a half court set, I think the Rockets are probably better but not by far. However, Denvers ability to go on huge runs because of their ability to convert loose balls into fast breaks at the other end, has been a big advantage for them. You could make a case that Denvers defense is better for that reason. But having said that, Houston seems better equipped to defend LA.

DHallblows
05-07-2009, 01:07 PM

+1

The Big E
05-07-2009, 01:55 PM
What was the Cavs record against the other 3 "elite" regular season teams, LA, Boston and Orlando?

24champ
05-07-2009, 01:57 PM
What's the Cavs record in the Finals?

bombay
05-07-2009, 02:00 PM

Karl has become a much better coach now that the players are trying to implement his instructions. Good thing he's got a translator on the court now.

The Big E
05-07-2009, 02:01 PM
I think what makes Denvers defense so outstanding is their ability to convert their defense into offense quickly. If its just playing defense in a half court set, I think the Rockets are probably better but not by far. However, Denvers ability to go on huge runs because of their ability to convert loose balls into fast breaks at the other end, has been a big advantage for them. You could make a case that Denvers defense is better for that reason. But having said that, Houston seems better equipped to defend LA.
Good take. I think many here are overstating what Denver's bigs can do against the Lakers, but you are spot on that Denver makes you pay for turning the ball over.

Also, I think Gasol looks like a giant bird, and he should be the real Birdman.

Punisher
05-07-2009, 02:01 PM

Hilarious! Hilarious! Go Lakers

TheChamp24
05-07-2009, 02:28 PM
Glen Rice! Man, that guy's career just soared downhill real fast.
Mugsy Bogues too baby.

24champ
05-07-2009, 02:49 PM
I still don't like the trade of the Lakers getting Glen Rice for Eddie Jones and Elden Campbell. Jones and Campbell were good guys, Eddie was one of my favorites on the team.

Punisher
05-07-2009, 02:50 PM
Glen Rice! Man, that guy's career just soared downhill real fast.
Mugsy Bogues too baby.

Well almost every player career goes downhill,beside Jordan.Muggsy was my man Him and Alonzo was fun to watch Charlotte had a good Squad.

azbroncfan
05-07-2009, 02:58 PM
What was the Cavs record against the other 3 "elite" regular season teams, LA, Boston and Orlando?

Probably pretty good but regular season doesn't matter as Jazz swept Bulls in regular season during the finals years and it didn't matter. I was just pointing out that Punisher was using the West vs East as ammo and it doesn't really work too well.

24champ
05-07-2009, 03:01 PM
Derek Fisher to be suspended for game 3. Kobe assessed a flagrant one per Stu Jackson.

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/59024/20090507/alston_and_fisher_suspended_for_game_3/#

Rafer Alston of the Orlando Magic and Derek Fisher of the Los Angeles Lakers have each been suspended one game without pay for their roles in separate incidents last night, NBA Executive Vice President, Basketball Operations Stu Jackson announced on Thursday.

Alston has been suspended for swinging and making contact with the head of Eddie House of the Boston Celtics with 48.6 seconds remaining in the third period of the Magic’s 112-94 loss to the Celtics in Game 2 of the Eastern Conference Semifinals last night at TD Banknorth Garden.

Fisher has been suspended for striking Houston’s Luis Scola with his shoulder and head with 13.2 seconds remaining in the third period of the Lakers’ 111-98 win last night over the visiting Houston Rockets in Game 2 of the Western Conference Semifinals at STAPLES Center. Fisher received a Flagrant Foul Penalty Two and was ejected from the game at the time of the play.

Jackson also announced that the Lakers’ Kobe Bryant has been assessed a Flagrant Foul Penalty One for elbowing Houston’s Ron Artest in the chest area with 6:57 remaining in the fourth period of last night’s game.

Alston will serve his suspension on Friday when the Magic hosts the Celtics at Amway Arena. Fisher also will serve his suspension on Friday when the Lakers visit the Rockets at Toyota Center.

http://images.ocregister.com/newsimages/2009/05/07/b78504614z120090507074627000g88hp04c2_lg.jpg

GTFO Scola.

Punisher
05-07-2009, 03:09 PM
Derek Fisher to be suspended for game 3. Kobe assessed a flagrant one per Stu Jackson.

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/59024/20090507/alston_and_fisher_suspended_for_game_3/#

http://images.ocregister.com/newsimages/2009/05/07/b78504614z120090507074627000g88hp04c2_lg.jpg

GTFO Scola.

Next Time Scola needs to shut the **** up.This year Lakers take no ****

Inkana7
05-07-2009, 03:19 PM
Classy bunch o' fans, you guys.

Inkana7
05-07-2009, 03:23 PM

I wasn't aware that Finals years or decades ago meant anything in the 09 playoffs. But, since you're a smarter fan than me, I'll take you word for it.

When are Magic and Kareem getting back in the LA lineup? Larry Hughes is gonna have a hard time containing Magic, if they meet in this years Finals, but I think Drew Gooden can hold his own against Kareem. LeBron needs to get the ball to Damon Jones more or else Jerry West is gonna eat us alive.

TheChamp24
05-07-2009, 03:28 PM
Figured Kobe wouldn't get suspended, but action was warranted on that.

TheManeMan
05-07-2009, 03:42 PM
I wasn't aware that Finals years or decades ago meant anything in the 09 playoffs. But, since you're a smarter fan than me, I'll take you word for it.

When are Magic and Kareem getting back in the LA lineup? Larry Hughes is gonna have a hard time containing Magic, if they meet in this years Finals, but I think Drew Gooden can hold his own against Kareem. LeBron needs to get the ball to Damon Jones more or else Jerry West is gonna eat us alive.

Since we're flashing back to the past....this triva question comes to mind.

Which team is 2nd behind the Utah Jazz, for largest margin of defeat in the NBA Finals?

I bet these 2 know...

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/08xQbrK53Y2PR/610x.jpg

24champ
05-07-2009, 03:58 PM
"Hey speaking of the past... where's yours ? I got three."

http://www.lakersuniverse.com/pictures/lakers2001champ2.jpg

Cavs and Thuggets trophy case-

http://www.emmitt22.com/gifs/empty-case.jpg

Houshyamama
05-07-2009, 04:23 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2009/columns/story?columnist=hollinger_john&page=PERDiem-090506

We hardly talked about the Denver Nuggets all season, even as they won 54 games and finished with the second-best record in the Western Conference. We looked to other teams -- San Antonio, Utah, Portland, even New Orleans -- as potential foils for the Lakers' dynasty and never gave the Nuggets a second look. Even after they changed their stripes with an offseason roster makeover and in-season trade for Chauncey Billups, we thought they were too volatile, too unsteady and too selfish to be real contenders. Forget about under the radar, these Nuggets are downright subterranean. If a team such as L.A. or Cleveland had romped through its first seven games of the playoffs like this, we would be pulling up comparisons with the greatest teams in history. But because these are the Nuggets, they've made barely a ripple.

The Rocky Horror Time Zone isn't doing them any favors, but at any time of day, the networks don't seem too enthralled with their story. Take the Nuggets' historic 58-point pounding of the Hornets, for instance -- TNT didn't, so the game was exiled to the barren wilds of NBA TV and broadcast by announcers who weren't in the building.

So if you haven't been paying attention to the Nuggets, I'm here to tell you -- no, implore you -- to pay attention to the Nuggets, because there's a chance you might be seeing an awful lot of them in June.

For starters, they appear to have already booked a trip into the conference finals. Denver is up 2-0 in the conference semifinals, and teams that are up 2-0 win 93 percent of playoff series. But it's not just that the Nuggets are up 2-0; it's also that this series, which looked like a good matchup just a few days ago, now appears to be a mismatch.

Dallas won 50 games, finished 25-13 in its final 38 games and knocked out San Antonio in five games, yet the Mavs are nowhere near as good as Denver. At several times during the first two games, the Nuggets had five of the seven best players on the court. Late in the first quarter Tuesday night, when the lineups were Billups-J.R. Smith-Carmelo Anthony-Chris Andersen-Nene against J.J. Barea-Jason Terry-Jason Kidd-James Singleton-Erick Dampier, you could argue the Nuggets had the better player at every position.

They're still a secret outside Colorado, but it's a different story along the Front Range. The Pepsi Center has become more boisterous by the day, with fans expecting every 3-point attempt by Billups and Smith to draw net and cheering as soon as the ball leaves their hands. Tuesday night, they serenaded the Mavs with a "You can't beat us!" chant, as Marc Stein detailed.

It wasn't bravado, either. They were just saying what everyone was already thinking.

So is this team a legitimate contender? Let's get down to the nitty-gritty and see.

For starters, there's the impressive postseason run. Denver won six of its first seven contests and won them by an average of 21 points per game -- the greatest average margin through seven playoff games in league history. Of the five previous teams to post margins of plus-14 or better in their first seven games, four won the NBA title. I'll take that as a positive omen.

Better yet, we have reason to believe that the Nuggets' great playoff run is just a continuation of the way they closed out the regular season. Excluding a meaningless, season-ending game in Portland, Denver finished the season 14-2.

The two losses were on the road, to the Lakers (by 14, without Kenyon Martin) and to the Suns (by three). The 14 wins, meanwhile, were mostly one-sided affairs. The Nuggets' average scoring margin in that streak was plus-10 points per game; throw in the seven playoff games, and in their past 23 meaningful games, they're 20-3 with a plus-13.4 average scoring margin. Ouch.

Of course, the Nuggets had played 65 games before that point and weren't nearly as impressive. After the All-Star break, they lost six straight road games, including contests in Indiana and Sacramento. In February, they lost to Boston by 38 and to New Jersey by 44. So why should we believe that this recent hot streak is somehow more indicative of their level going forward?

The answer, basically, is health.

Although a lot of teams struggle with minor ailments (or major ones) by this point, the Nuggets are healthier than they've been all season. Their run began when Anthony Carter returned from a hip injury to solidify the backcourt rotation and Martin returned from a lower-back strain to fortify the frontcourt. Martin missed a few more games with sore ribs, but everybody else played.

Then there's Carmelo Anthony's elbow. It clearly bothered him for most of the first half of the season, as he shot blanks until around mid-March. It's not just a coincidence that the Nuggets snapped their road losing streak when Melo pumped in 35 at Memphis, or that he had 29 and 43 in consecutive road wins in New Orleans and Dallas a week later.

In the 20-game stretch starting with the Memphis game (but excluding the meaningless, season-ending Portland game), Anthony is back to putting up the Melo numbers we expect: He's averaging 25.2 points per game and shooting 46.3 percent from the floor. Because of all the blowout wins, he's doing this in just 35.4 minutes per game. That puts his per-minute scoring on par with that of his previous two seasons, after he had fallen far short of that level for the first three-quarters of the season.

In addition, he's providing another Melo number we hadn't expected: 4.3 assists per game. Anthony has averaged only 3.1 for his career and remained at that level most of the season, so perhaps now is when the Nuggets' newfound esprit de corps has finally rubbed off on what had been one of its most reluctant practitioners. And Melo visibly defended harder this season and increased his rebound rate for a third consecutive season.

From there, things have just snowballed. Smith struggled with his shot for much of the season, for reasons that aren't entirely clear. In Denver's torrid 23-game stretch, he has made a total U-turn, averaging 19.9 points a game off the bench and shooting 44.6 percent on 3-pointers -- a pretty daunting number considering he's attempting more than nine a game. (Expected return on his 9.3 3-point attempts: 12.4 points, for a true shooting percentage of 66.7. No wonder the fans start cheering as soon as he winds up.)

Then there's Mr. Big Shot. Remember, this whole "leading a near-invisible 54-win team that gets scorching-hot in March, upsets the Lakers and takes the league by storm" thing isn't new ground for him: He and his Detroit Pistons did the same thing in 2004.

This time around, his jump shot has been a major player in the story. Like Smith, Billups was shooting below his career averages for much of the season but has been making up for it in a major way ever since. In fact, he has made Smith look like a rank amateur. In the team's 23-game hot streak, Billups is shooting an amazing 51.3 percent on 3-pointers.

It's not hard to connect the dots here. When Anthony rediscovered his touch, defenses had to pay more attention, and when he started sharing the ball, Billups and Smith benefited with a slew of wide-open looks. More winning begat more sharing, and all of a sudden, the Nuggies look unstoppable.

We don't know where this story ends. Denver could end up like the 1986 Lakers, who had nearly as torrid a postseason start before flaming out in five games against Houston in the conference finals. Or they could end up being the third lightning-in-a-bottle champion in the past six years, like Billups' 2004 Pistons and the Miami Heat in 2006.

All I know for sure is that we haven't been paying any attention to these guys, and we're missing out on what could become the year's biggest story. They may play in an inconvenient time zone and lack a little in the superstar department, but every shred of evidence we have says the Nuggets have become a legitimate title contender. It's high time we treat them as such.

broncofan2438
05-07-2009, 04:24 PM

Hey thats the Chargers trophy case, how did that ge there?

Nice on the "Thuggets" name ALF, real original

Punisher
05-07-2009, 04:25 PM
Hey thats the Chargers trophy case, how did that ge there?

^5 Hilarious!

ludo21
05-07-2009, 04:34 PM
how did Kobe not get suspended? That is complete crap!!

Stern wants a "fair" series I guess and since the Rockets have been handling the Lakers they need all the help they can get with the NBA execs.

Boobs McGee
05-07-2009, 04:46 PM
how did Kobe not get suspended? That is complete crap!!

Stern wants a "fair" series I guess and since the Rockets have been handling the Lakers they need all the help they can get with the NBA execs.

I really don't think kobe's was anything malicious enough to warrant a suspension.

If we're going by that standard then k-mart gets a game as well

24champ
05-07-2009, 04:46 PM
Nice on the "Thuggets" name ALF, real original

Thuggets have meth addicts, players that invite gang members to their New Years eve party that later shoot down Bronco players. Their star player gets DUIs and not learning anything from it, gets a ticket later on for going 60 in 45 zone. Maybe we could just blame it on all the weed he smokes, he was busted for that before. Then there is "'Melo" doing a DVD promotion with Drug Dealers and telling others to "stop snitching".

Then there is JR...who on june 9, 2007 was involved in a accident that occurred when Smith, at the wheel of a GMC Yukon, allegedly drove around a stopped car and through a stop sign, colliding with a car in an intersection in Millstone Township. His passenger, Andre Bell, 21, of East Orange, suffered severe head injuries and died two days later.

I'd say thuggets perfectly describes this band of losers.

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2725/218/36/500161968/n500161968_2236676_5764823.jpg

Los Broncos
05-07-2009, 04:56 PM
I heard interview with Fisher on the radio about the foul.

What a complete liar he is, saying he didn't mean to crush him.

He had his head turned and seen him coming from a mile away.

azbroncfan
05-07-2009, 05:13 PM
Thuggets have meth addicts, players that invite gang members to their New Years eve party that later shoot down Bronco players. Their star player gets DUIs and not learning anything from it, gets a ticket later on for going 60 in 45 zone. Maybe we could just blame it on all the weed he smokes, he was busted for that before. Then there is "'Melo" doing a DVD promotion with Drug Dealers and telling others to "stop snitching".

Then there is JR...who on june 9, 2007 was involved in a accident that occurred when Smith, at the wheel of a GMC Yukon, allegedly drove around a stopped car and through a stop sign, colliding with a car in an intersection in Millstone Township. His passenger, Andre Bell, 21, of East Orange, suffered severe head injuries and died two days later.

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2725/218/36/500161968/n500161968_2236676_5764823.jpg

Well what you are describing is a lot of NBA player's and isn't specific to Denver. Infact Lakers have a couple too in a Pot smoking, academic scandal hooker soliciting point forward. They also have Kobe which we all know is a rapist except apologetic Laker fans and what he did was much worse than what any thugget player has done. I'll bet you could find some other dirt on other players also which probably involved a nightclub and disrespect.

TheManeMan
05-07-2009, 05:24 PM
Well what you are describing is a lot of NBA player's and isn't specific to Denver. Infact Lakers have a couple too in a Pot smoking, academic scandal hooker soliciting point forward. They also have Kobe which we all know is a rapist except apologetic Laker fans and what he did was much worse than what any thugget player has done. I'll bet you could find some other dirt on other players also which probably involved a nightclub and disrespect.

Dont forget that Lamar Smok'em was probably high as hell when his infant passed away.

24champ
05-07-2009, 05:30 PM

LO cleaned up his act as a Laker and Kobe isn't a convicted rapist. If thugget players weren't so wrapped up in the gang life, we might still have a bronco alive today. Kenyon Martin allowed thugs to attend his party, and if you recall didn't really give a s**** if Dwill was dead.

Inkana7
05-07-2009, 05:35 PM

Why is Kobe touching Shaq's trophy?

I never got the "legacy" smack. It's completely irrelevant to current events.

Boobs McGee
05-07-2009, 05:35 PM
Dont forget that Lamar Smok'em was probably high as hell when his infant passed away.

wow. that's probably one of the most assinine and truly pathetic inferences I've ever read on the mane.

****ing loser.

I truly hope you never have anything as tragic happen to you.

douchebagg

Kaylore
05-07-2009, 05:36 PM

Rooting for rapist is ok, though! NURRRRRRRRRRR

ludo21
05-07-2009, 05:39 PM
I really don't think kobe's was anything malicious enough to warrant a suspension.

That one or the one where he hit Battier on the head. Either way Kobe deserves a game for it. elbowing people in the throat (on purpose) and hitting them on the head gets a game.

I dont know what kenyon did,

ohiobronco2
05-07-2009, 05:39 PM
Get em while they're hot.

24champ
05-07-2009, 05:41 PM
Rooting for rapist is ok, though! NURRRRRRRRRRR

Wasn't convicted...and the girl had 4-5 different DNA types in her panties. Meaning she ****ed 4-5 different guys that same day before Kobe.Ha!

Inkana7
05-07-2009, 05:42 PM
Wasn't convicted...and the girl had 4-5 different DNA types in her panties. Meaning she ****ed 4-5 different guys that same day before Kobe.Ha!

Michael Jackson wasn't convicted either. ;)

Okay guys, this is getting a little heated. Calm down a bit.

24champ
05-07-2009, 05:43 PM
wow. that's probably one of the most assinine and truly pathetic inferences I've ever read on the mane.

****ing loser.

I truly hope you never have anything as tragic happen to you.

douchebagg

Yep. Not surprised, when someone outs their thug of a team with facts and they can't come back with anything. They usually resort to baseless tripe like Rainman just posted.

Boobs McGee
05-07-2009, 05:46 PM
That one or the one where he hit Battier on the head. Either way Kobe deserves a game for it. elbowing people in the throat (on purpose) and hitting them on the head gets a game.

I guess if the reffing was more consistent, I would agree. But unfortunately people get away with so much, it's a fairly gray line imo. And kenyon basically threw a pretty big elbow/shove that sent dirk flying haha.

Boobs McGee
05-07-2009, 05:48 PM
Yep. Not surprised, when someone outs their thug of a team with facts and they can't come back with anything. They usually resort to baseless tripe like Rainman just posted.

ya know, I'm totally ok with the back and forth, the name calling, etc etc. , that's gonna happen between us here. But saying that someone's child died when he was high on weed is just incredibly tasteless. Piece of **** thing to say. Not funny, and tasteless.

ohiobronco2
05-07-2009, 05:49 PM

Are you taking about the hit he took in game 1. If so, I believe that was Sasha V.

Boobs McGee
05-07-2009, 05:53 PM
Are you taking about the hit he took in game 1. If so, I believe that was Sasha V.

correct, it was sasha.

video on the page

http://www.sportsrubbish.com/2009/05/04/basketball/nba/shane-battier-gets-bloodied-by-sasha-vujacic-video/

about 23 seconds in

He was thinking (i think) of the one where kobe and battier were getting up and he used some excessive knee force

ludo21
05-07-2009, 05:56 PM
my bad on that hit on the head.

He still deserved a suspension for game 3.. but the league wont have a premier player out for a playoff game.

I am biased cause I hate the Lakers.. but its still true

24champ
05-07-2009, 06:01 PM
ya know, I'm totally ok with the back and forth, the name calling, etc etc. , that's gonna happen between us here. But saying that someone's child died because he was high on weed is just incredibly tasteless. Piece of **** thing to say. Not funny, and tasteless.

I didn't think it was funny either, but not surprising considering the guy that said that has a brain about the size of a pea.

TheManeMan
05-07-2009, 06:13 PM
Ignore function might cure your guys' PMS.

DHallblows
05-07-2009, 06:25 PM
LO cleaned up his act as a Laker and Kobe isn't a convicted rapist. If thugget players weren't so wrapped up in the gang life, we might still have a bronco alive today. Kenyon Martin allowed thugs to attend his party, and if you recall didn't really give a s**** if Dwill was dead.

Ah, HE can clean up his act, but you still mention Bridman.

And how do you feel about OJ and Michael's cases btw? Same?

bombay
05-07-2009, 06:54 PM
The ass rapist and the band of bozos have their work cut out. Best of 5 series, and Houston is the home team. The bandwagon boys would have to find something else to do.

Inkana7
05-07-2009, 06:55 PM
If anyone wants to see what good Team Defense looks like, put on the Cavs-Hawks game.

Moreno Knows Best
05-07-2009, 07:05 PM
Kobe never raped that girl.

Cheated on his wife? Absolutely, and it probably wasn't the first time.

That's just weak smack, honestly. Especially from a bunch of males, you know, who would probably be a little sensitive to baseless accusations. Honestly, that could be any one of us after getting some tail.

TheChamp24
05-07-2009, 07:36 PM
WTF happened in this thread, good lord. Trolling and horrid name calling here. Shoot, maybe all of you should get a suspension from this thread til the playoffs are long over.

Odysseus
05-07-2009, 07:38 PM
I wonder which poster has the most posters on ignore?

azbroncfan
05-07-2009, 07:41 PM
I wonder which poster has the most posters on ignore?

Probably Llama as he was catching a lot of flak over his MAV's sh#t talking a couple years ago and used the spineless ignore feature to weasel out of walking the walk.

spdirty
05-07-2009, 08:02 PM
LOL To go along with all this thuggery talk and talk of what a great guy Dirk is, now we get this. Man this is playing out well for us.

http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_12317785

Moreno Knows Best
05-07-2009, 08:29 PM
LOL To go along with all this thuggery talk and talk of what a great guy Dirk is, now we get this. Man this is playing out well for us.

I'm glad angryllama was taken into custody, now (s)he can get the help that (s)he needs.

Moreno Knows Best
05-07-2009, 08:29 PM
Probably Llama as he was catching a lot of flak over his MAV's sh#t talking a couple years ago and used the spineless ignore feature to weasel out of walking the walk.

Yeah, that thread right after the Mavs flamed out against the Warriors was epic.

SureShot
05-07-2009, 08:53 PM

I don't know about 4-5 but there were were multiple dna samples in there. Her dad worked for the same company I did at the time time, but still don't go for a rape kit with the last nights party's undies on. That makes Rev look like "Little House on The Prairie".

broncofan2438
05-07-2009, 09:09 PM
If it means anything, my neighbor was the one who arrested Kobe.

Punisher
05-08-2009, 07:32 AM
LMAO anyone else find Eddie House getting Slap in back of the head Funny.

Rulon Velvet Jones
05-08-2009, 07:51 AM

That ****'s not funny.

Bob's your Information Minister
05-08-2009, 09:39 AM
Mavs win tomorrow night. Lock it up.

crush17
05-08-2009, 09:43 AM
That ****'s not funny.

Why not??

Flex Gunmetal
05-08-2009, 09:47 AM

Yes, blame KMart for some dudes shooting at a limo. You should reach more.
Kobe's innocent, so OJ is too, right?

Maybe, but per NBA rules Kobe should be out a game.

Bob's your Information Minister
05-08-2009, 09:51 AM
Seriously you guys know how it feels when you finally get some annoying bitch off your ass. Dirk is gonna go OFF!

Flex Gunmetal
05-08-2009, 09:53 AM
Seriously you guys know how it feels when you finally get some annoying b**** off your ass. Dirk is gonna go OFF!

Dirk will score 30+ and the mavs will still lose :)

24champ
05-08-2009, 10:00 AM
Yes, blame KMart for some dudes shooting at a limo.

He's the one that allowed these murderous thugs to attend his party. That's his crowd...same with 'Melo who hangs out with drug dealers in Baltimore.

Flex Gunmetal
05-08-2009, 10:03 AM
He's the one that allowed these murderous thugs to attend his party. That's his crowd...same with 'Melo who hangs out with drug dealers in Baltimore.

You're a sad little man.

bfoflcommish
05-08-2009, 10:22 AM
Mavs win tomorrow night. Lock it up.

riiiiiiiiiiiiight, i'd say lets make a bet, but..........

Flex Gunmetal
05-08-2009, 10:43 AM

Bob is an honorable and valuable member of this community.
Dont be a jerk.

TheManeMan
05-08-2009, 10:55 AM

FYI: Don't ask LABF or ALF for a bet either...They have no marbles..

http://www.saruhouse.com/images/ishibashi/marbles4.jpg

Punisher
05-08-2009, 10:57 AM

Hilarious! LMAO

broncofan2438
05-08-2009, 11:20 AM

hahahaha...SO TRUE

Boobs McGee
05-08-2009, 11:27 AM
Anybody know why they dim the lights at the staples center? I've always kinda wondered....

broncofan2438
05-08-2009, 11:35 AM
Anybody know why they dim the lights at the staples center? I've always kinda wondered....

So that Kobe's wife doesn't see the other girls hes banging.

24champ
05-08-2009, 11:44 AM

Tradition.

Jerry Buss missed the way the game looked when the Lakers played at their old home, the GWF in Inglewood and it puts more focus on the court.

http://www.nba.com/media/lakers/lights_out_banner.gif

broncofan2438
05-08-2009, 11:48 AM
Tradition.

Jerry Buss missed the way the game looked when the Lakers played at their old home, the GWF in Inglewood and it puts more focus on the court.

LAME:thanku:

TheManeMan
05-08-2009, 11:51 AM

The dimmed lights are to spotlight the court as the "main attraction" for the Hollywood type feel.

The Big E
05-08-2009, 12:02 PM
my bad on that hit on the head.

He still deserved a suspension for game 3.. but the league wont have a premier player out for a playoff game.

I am biased cause I hate the Lakers.. but its still true
The elbow landed on the upper chest of Artest, which is why there was no suspension. Don't you think if he actually got hit in the throat he would have had a physical reaction?

And whaddya' mean they'll never suspend a star for a playoff game? You mean like when the Suns got screwed over with the Stoudamire suspension? I know that you, Ludo, will never forget that (nor will I). I'm still bitter.

Boobs McGee
05-08-2009, 12:03 PM
Tradition.

The dimmed lights are to spotlight the court as the "main attraction" for the Hollywood type feel.

Nice :thumbs:

I like it, but sometimes I wonder if it would help being able to see the crowd erupt more...ya know? Golden state, the nuggs, atlanta, when they're crowds get frenzied I almost think the visuals help with intimidation/pumping up. BUT, the dimmness is cool too. I'm kinda torn

Boobs McGee
05-08-2009, 12:07 PM
The elbow landed on the upper chest of Artest, which is why there was no suspension. Don't you think if he actually got hit in the throat he would have had a physical reaction?

And whaddya' mean they'll never suspend a star for a playoff game? You mean like when the Suns got screwed over with the Stoudamire suspension? I know that you, Ludo, will never forget that (nor will I). I'm still bitter.

or (as much as I hate the spurs) tim duncan also.

You bring up a good point E, everytime I've gotten elbowed/knocked in the throat, i'm gasping for air, taking a few seconds to recover. Ron ron didn't really seem like he was showing signs of a throat shot

Boobs McGee
05-08-2009, 12:10 PM
And p.s., to TheManeMan.

I'm sorry for calling you a douchebag. The subject of infants dying is just a really touchy one for me, and I didn't mean to take it out on you. Just recently went through a horrific ordeal with a girl I was dating that didn't want to keep the baby :( So again, my apologies

TheManeMan
05-08-2009, 12:10 PM

His throat!

http://i44.tinypic.com/2cyqiy0.jpg

The Big E
05-08-2009, 12:13 PM
His throat!

http://i44.tinypic.com/2cyqiy0.jpg
Yep, like I said, upper chest.

24champ
05-08-2009, 12:14 PM

Yep. You'll have to excuse peabrain on that one...

Flex Gunmetal
05-08-2009, 12:16 PM
This place is gonna be lolz central during the LA-Nuggs series.

TheManeMan
05-08-2009, 12:18 PM
And p.s., to TheManeMan.

I'm sorry for calling you a douchebag. The subject of infants dying is just a really touchy one for me, and I didn't mean to take it out on you. Just recently went through a horrific ordeal with a girl I was dating that didn't want to keep the baby :( So again, my apologies

I dont mind man, I dont care for the name calling on an internet message board. Means nothing to me. Nobody knows each other personally (except a handful), I take it with less than a grain of salt. I know I may have ruffled a few feathers with that comment and I apologize as well. I'm sorry.

montrose
05-08-2009, 12:18 PM
This place is gonna be lolz central during the LA-Nuggs series.

Two more wins before that, can't get too ahead of ourselves. Remember, George Karl is still behind the bench - anything is possible.

TheManeMan
05-08-2009, 12:19 PM

Thats his throat. Why the F would Artest all of a sudden think, "HEY let me go attack the refs for not calling the elbow to my chest." There was a resason why he got fired up and went straight up to Kobe...it was cuz that elbow went into his throat.

24champ
05-08-2009, 12:20 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/111807/koberon5_medium.png

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/111811/koberon6.png

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/111783/koberon9_medium.png

Doesn't look like the throat to me...

Flex Gunmetal
05-08-2009, 12:21 PM
Can we get some authority on this?
Spider?

TheManeMan
05-08-2009, 12:22 PM
ALF, those shots obviously arent going to show you direct placement of 24's elbow...There is only one angle you can see it, and thats the picture I attached earlier.

Flex Gunmetal
05-08-2009, 12:22 PM
Two more wins before that, can't get too ahead of ourselves. Remember, George Karl is still behind the bench - anything is possible.

93% of NBA teams that start 2-0 finish the series.
But alas you are right. knock knock.

Flex Gunmetal
05-08-2009, 12:23 PM
A.L.F. post pics that actually show the elbow.

TheManeMan
05-08-2009, 12:24 PM

Thats because your the biggest Lakers homer here.

24champ
05-08-2009, 12:27 PM
ALF, those shots obviously arent going to show you direct placement of 24's elbow...There is only one angle you can see it, and thats the picture I attached earlier.

You are wrong...it clearly shows upper chest nincompoop.

<object width="440" height="361">
<param name="movie" value="http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/player.swf?mediaId=4149491"/>
<param name="wmode" value="transparent"/>
<param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"/>
<embed src="http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/player.swf?mediaId=4149491" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" allowScriptAccess="always" width="440" height="361"></embed>
</object>

TheManeMan
05-08-2009, 12:31 PM
You are wrong...it clearly shows upper chest nincompoop.

<object width="440" height="361">
<param name="movie" value="http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/player.swf?mediaId=4149491"/>
<param name="wmode" value="transparent"/>
<param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"/>
<embed src="http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/player.swf?mediaId=4149491" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" allowScriptAccess="always" width="440" height="361"></embed>
</object>

ESPN said it, so I believe it...::) Next topic at hand...

24 is a dirty m'fer! This isnt the first, or the last time this guy gets away with complete BS.

http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t162/HriyerT/?action=view&current=RajaDidntFlop.gif

http://i40.tinypic.com/xelpxl.gif

http://www.uploadho.com/files/1241680203.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fgWff_Sjho

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1e5qb_grosse-faute-de-bryant-sur-jaric_sport

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0KJvlSUB-w - watch from 1:15 into the video

TheChamp24
05-08-2009, 12:58 PM
Honestly, you can't really tell if it hits his throat or upper chest. Both have cases IMO.

Inkana7
05-08-2009, 01:43 PM
Don't forget that "Jump shot slap in the face" bull**** he pulled a few years back.

TheManeMan
05-08-2009, 01:55 PM
It's the 4th link I posted in post #912 ;)

Inkana7
05-08-2009, 02:02 PM
The one I didn't watch. LOL

lex
05-08-2009, 02:09 PM

LOL

Flex Gunmetal
05-08-2009, 02:15 PM
Dailymotion has the be the most frustrating site in the world.

Paladin
05-08-2009, 02:22 PM
Well, the next game for the Flakers is in Houston, and Fisher will be in the stands....

Do you suppose Artest will have a few words? Will Kobe finally get his knee up to hit someone in the throat with his knee? (We're talking Olympic moves here, guys.) Instead of kneeing heads under the pile?

Stay tuned. Rockets and Flakers next Sunday.......

Sports Center is next......

TheManeMan
05-08-2009, 02:28 PM
Dailymotion has the be the most frustrating site in the world.

Ya... Bugmenot.com might help. If you don't wanna register.

Flex Gunmetal
05-08-2009, 02:35 PM
I was reg'd from earlier MM, but that ****ty site wont believe I'm over 18, no matter how many times I tell them lol.

lex
05-08-2009, 02:41 PM
Well, the next game for the Flakers is in Houston, and Fisher will be in the stands....

Do you suppose Artest will have a few words? Will Kobe finally get his knee up to hit someone in the throat with his knee? (We're talking Olympic moves here, guys.) Instead of kneeing heads under the pile?

Stay tuned. Rockets and Flakers next Sunday.......

Sports Center is next......

It will be interesting to see how the officiating reacts. They clearly blew that call where Kobe elbowed Artest. Often times when refs second guess a call they make, you can expect to see a makeup call of some variety fairly soon after. But this has the possiblity of escalating if they look the other way...and if Artest hard fouls Bryant and they look the other way, it could result in Bryant doing something that calls for a suspension. So, even though they owe Artest a make up call, it may not happen. In fact, it may go the other way.

All, in all, the league does a really poor job of dealing with flagrant fouls both in how they get hung up on defining it, remaining consistent, and keeping in mind the reason such fouls exist. Stu Jackson ends up spewing a bunch of nonsense that is an obvious attempt to protect the glamour teams a lot of the time. If one person is deciding whether something is flagrant, why must they obsess over how its defined when the bigger issue is that the flagrants are meant to protect players and also to prevent the physicality from escalating. Getting hung up on definitions fails in this regard. It really should matter where Bryant landed his elbow. The point is that its reckless and dangerous and leads to further escalation (especially when the refs botch the call).

TheManeMan
05-08-2009, 02:42 PM
Oh LOL that's lame.

TheManeMan
05-08-2009, 04:09 PM
It will be interesting to see how the officiating reacts. They clearly blew that call where Kobe elbowed Artest. Often times when refs second guess a call they make, you can expect to see a makeup call of some variety fairly soon after. But this has the possiblity of escalating if they look the other way...and if Artest hard fouls Bryant and they look the other way, it could result in Bryant doing something that calls for a suspension. So, even though they owe Artest a make up call, it may not happen. In fact, it may go the other way.

All, in all, the league does a really poor job of dealing with flagrant fouls both in how they get hung up on defining it, remaining consistent, and keeping in mind the reason such fouls exist. Stu Jackson ends up spewing a bunch of nonsense that is an obvious attempt to protect the glamour teams a lot of the time. If one person is deciding whether something is flagrant, why must they obsess over how its defined when the bigger issue is that the flagrants are meant to protect players and also to prevent the physicality from escalating. Getting hung up on definitions fails in this regard. It really should matter where Bryant landed his elbow. The point is that its reckless and dangerous and leads to further escalation (especially when the refs botch the call).

Good post Lex...I agree about everything except protection of the glamor teams. The suspensions on Dwight Howard and Amare and Boris a few years back shows that anyone who messes up will get suspended. Either way, I'm anxious to see how tonights ref's do...S. Javie, S. Corbin and R. Garretson. IMO Javie is probably one the worst, if not the worst ref in the league.

lex
05-08-2009, 04:44 PM
Good post Lex...I agree about everything except protection of the glamor teams. The suspensions on Dwight Howard and Amare and Boris a few years back shows that anyone who messes up will get suspended. Either way, I'm anxious to see how tonights ref's do...S. Javie, S. Corbin and R. Garretson. IMO Javie is probably one the worst, if not the worst ref in the league.

Sorry but when Stu Jackson said Rondo was going for the ball when he smacked Miller in the face, Jackson lost all credibility. It just seems that whenever its the Lakers or Celtics, there are too many potential viewers at stake. When I say glamour teams, Im talking about teams that bring a lot of viewers. If you look at the number of potential viewers involved when considering a lot of inconsistencies and questionable moves or calls where the league is concerned, a lot things start to seem less coincidental. The league becomes more transparent.

Even though Orlando, San Antonio, or Detroit may have star players or history of success, that doesnt mean they bring a lot of viewers. When its the Pistons and Spurs in the finals the viewership is not even close to the same as it is when either the Lakers or Celtics are in the finals. Plus, an added layer to that is the fact that Stern is a Celtics fan.

broncofan2438
05-08-2009, 04:48 PM
Thats because your the biggest Lakers homer here.

He sure is, are we sure that is wasn't ALF who sucked kobe off, istead of that girl

Punisher
05-08-2009, 05:06 PM
Originally Posted by ApaOps5 http://orangemane.com/BB/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?p=1985022#post1985022)
Yeah Artest is such a great guy. You know all he does is starve his dogs to death and beat on fans. He makes Kobe look like Mr. Congeniality. Guy is one of the most pathetic human beings in sports.

Originally Posted by Punisher
Artest is a hard nose old school basketball player with lock down D,Yea he attack fans but that shows you that he takes no **** from no one.And Plus Detroit fans don't count they deserve a beat down.

Here's where we where talking about in last years playoffs Thread the Irony in it :)

azbroncfan
05-08-2009, 05:19 PM
He sure is, are we sure that is wasn't ALF who sucked kobe off, istead of that girl

I think it is funny that only Laker fans make excuses for his past. I don't know how you can like the guy sure it's great to have him on your team but to actually support the guy is something else. He walks around like he is the coolest person in the world and is an arrogant pr43k with a silver spoon in his arse. Not to mention it seems his teammates and other players in the league don't like him either.

Punisher
05-08-2009, 05:24 PM
I think it is funny that only Laker fans make excuses for his past. I don't know how you can like the guy sure it's great to have him on your team but to actually support the guy is something else. He walks around like he is the coolest person in the world and is an arrogant pr43k with a silver spoon in his arse. Not to mention it seems his teammates and other players in the league don't like him either.

I'm a Die Hard Laker fan in to be real i really don't like Kobes Personality but hes a hell of a player.There was one time I wanted us to trade Kobe for Ron Artest and Steven Jackson in a Lakers-Pacers trade.My friends trashed me but i think we would of still won championship with those two and not miss a beat.

bombay
05-08-2009, 06:56 PM
Go Rockets!

ohiobronco2
05-08-2009, 07:04 PM
Good God. Kobe is raping the Rockets D. He's taking it to the hole with authority and not taking no for an answer.

azbroncfan
05-08-2009, 07:13 PM
Good God. Kobe is raping the Rockets D. He's taking it to the hole with authority and not taking no for an answer.

LOL Don't you know who he is? He is Kobe Bryant! Kobe Bryant! Kobe does what Kobe wants and there is no one who can stop him.

watermock
05-08-2009, 07:14 PM
The Snuggies, err, Nuggies are plauying as well as anyone right now.

If only they hadn't traded Cutler!

I hope someone disembowels Kobe.

Maybe the Birdman will give him a knee.

They need to bang that prick around.

bombay
05-08-2009, 07:21 PM
LOL Don't you know who he is? He is Kobe Bryant! Kobe Bryant! Kobe does what Kobe wants and there is no one who can stop him.

He's MVP (most victims paid).

Man-Goblin
05-08-2009, 07:27 PM
The Snuggies, err, Nuggies are plauying as well as anyone right now.

If only they hadn't traded Cutler!

I hope someone disembowels Kobe.

Maybe the Birdman will give him a knee.

They need to bang that prick around.

I agree with everything except the knee from Bird. Don't need to get him suspended. Oh yeah, and disembowling Kobe would probably be in poor taste.

I even like the Snuggies name. Much better than the very lame, childish and unoriginal "Thuggets" moniker being bantied about.

Boobs McGee
05-08-2009, 08:19 PM
this is turnin outto be a HELLUVA series. Lakers D is steppin up a bit, that scola/odom matchup is gettin pretty good. Thank you jordan FARMAR for steppin up tonight. COME ON LAKE SHOW

Boobs McGee
05-08-2009, 08:34 PM
Lamar is really steppin up his game today, Rockets look like they're gettin tired. Ron ron looks like he's getting frustrated. we need to have a very convincing fourth here

AT THE BUZZER!!!!!! KOBE IS THE MAN!!!!! in yo face RON

Boobs McGee
05-08-2009, 08:45 PM
okay THAT was retarded. If sasha gets a flagrant my t.v. needs to be wary of flying remotes.

Thank you refs, for recognizing an acting job.

TheChamp24
05-08-2009, 08:48 PM
okay THAT was retarded. If sasha gets a flagrant my t.v. needs to be wary of flying remotes.

Thank you refs, for recognizing an acting job.

Uh, that wasn't an acting job, he got walloped on the head pretty good. But not a flagrant as Wafer jumped into Sasha.

Lakers are on fire from downtown tonight, and Rockets ice cold.

bombay
05-08-2009, 09:03 PM
Uh, that wasn't an acting job, he got walloped on the head pretty good. But not a flagrant as Wafer jumped into Sasha.

First time in the playoffs that they've obviously missed McGrady.

Boobs McGee
05-08-2009, 09:07 PM

haha ok, true true. I was talking about the fact he jumped laterally into him, which I know is legal. I think his arm (sasha) was kind of inadvertantly coming down at an odd angle....then at the end, he went for the ball.

I was reacting to the fans more than anything :D

Boobs McGee
05-08-2009, 09:09 PM
First time in the playoffs that they've obviously missed McGrady.

I think we'd seriously be in trouble if he was healthy. We came into this series WAY to underfocused, and could've easily gone 0-2 at home to start with him in. Well, who knows, it could've played out completely differently, but I'm pretty happy he's on the bench (not happy for his injury of course) right now.

bombay
05-08-2009, 09:13 PM
I think we'd seriously be in trouble if he was healthy. We came into this series WAY to underfocused, and could've easily gone 0-2 at home to start with him in. Well, who knows, it could've played out completely differently, but I'm pretty happy he's on the bench (not happy for his injury of course) right now.

I dunno, man. They played so much better as a team this season after they lost him. Defensive intensity, unselfish play, etc.

They really needed a shooter tonight, though.

Boobs McGee
05-08-2009, 09:17 PM
I dunno, man. They played so much better as a team this season after they lost him. Defensive intensity, unselfish play, etc.

They really needed a shooter tonight, though.

I agree, but I wonder how much of that was kind of...I dunno. Necessity breeds opportunity kind of thing. But then again it was the same thing last year, when he went down, so maybe you're right. I've always been a big T mac fan, hope he gets some hardware some day.

Ronaldino's heatin up at the wrong time haha. If he would've been hittin those threes earlier this coulda been a different game

Boobs McGee
05-08-2009, 09:18 PM
okay now this **** is getting rediculous. The refs are just making bad calls. That was NOT a flagrant two wow. ****ing retalliation call

TheChamp24
05-08-2009, 09:18 PM
Holy cow, they call that a flagrant 2 foul? That is absolutely ridiculous

Boobs McGee
05-08-2009, 09:21 PM
here come the free throws.

GOod game tonight Lake show. Keep up that defensive intensity, keep hittin those tre's, and this'll allllll be over soon. I only wonder if farmar keeps the start?

TheChamp24
05-08-2009, 09:21 PM
If Artest gets suspended that will be absolutely bull ****.
Series over for the Rockets if that happens, especially if Yao is hurting that much.

Boobs McGee
05-08-2009, 09:24 PM
Series over for the Rockets if that happens, especially if Yao is hurting that much.

No way he gets suspended.

Kobe just defended Ron ron haha, eat that refs. He just said "I'm an eighties baby, that shoulda been two shots"

ohiobronco2
05-08-2009, 09:35 PM
Good game tonight from the Lakers. Their D forced 17 turnovers. While this isn't Celtics-Bulls good, it's been a pretty decent series through 3. Here is hoping that the Rockets even up the series in game 4.

lex
05-08-2009, 09:41 PM

The fact that Artests foul was called a flagrant 2 (an ejection) and Rondo's foul on Miller was not called a flagrant 1 or 2, just shows how much of a joke this flagrant concept has become. Maybe it would be different if Stu Jackson wasnt making the calls but this is just pathetic. If you look at what Rondo did to Miller and consider there was no punishment monetarily or otherwise and then you look at Artest's "flagrant 2" foul where he was ejected makes it obvious how ludicrous this is. Artest has already been punished for doing far less than Rondo.

ohiobronco2
05-08-2009, 09:45 PM
Artest is going to get a raw deal most times. His past will come back to haunt him. Not saying he hasn't done it to himself.

FADERPROOF
05-08-2009, 11:11 PM
The NBA wants Cavs-Lakers in the finals, calling a B.S. flagrant 2 on Artest and suspending him the next game assures that the Lakers will advance and keep the dream finals match-up.

Sorry Nuggets fans, but you're not up against the 2nd best team in the league, but you'll be up against them and the league officials.

Punisher
05-08-2009, 11:15 PM
Sorry Nuggets fans, but you're not up against the 2nd best team in the league, but you'll be up against them and the league officials.

Everything is a conspiracy and Kobe and the Refs are coming after everybodies family's to so watch out.

And Phil Jackson is Satan himself
;D

Boobs McGee
05-08-2009, 11:18 PM
The NBA wants Cavs-Lakers in the finals, calling a B.S. flagrant 2 on Artest and suspending him the next game assures that the Lakers will advance and keep the dream finals match-up.

lol I really don't think the nba is THAT diabolical.

If he's suspended, then that's major b.s., but undercutting what the lakers have done this year and saying the refs are basically helping them through the playoffs is pure bologna.

So basically when they win the finals I"m sure it'll all be thanks to the refs too, right? ::)

Boobs McGee
05-08-2009, 11:19 PM
Everything is a conspiracy and Kobe and the Refs are coming after everybodies family's to so watch out.

;D

eXAAAACTly hahahaha

The Big E
05-08-2009, 11:22 PM

blah blah blah. Let's focus on a meaningless call at the end of the game that will lead to a downgrade to flagrant 1, not a suspension, and give no credit to the better team winning. So predictable.

Yes, the fix is in, just like it was in recent years when we were treated to such gems as Spurs-Nets, Spurs-Cavs, etc. in the finals.

lex
05-09-2009, 07:13 AM

;D

Apparently you havent been watching the NBA beyond this year. He is just saying what typically happens, especially when a team like the Lakers or Celtics is involved. This is a league that has changed its rules in the middle of the season so that the first round of the playoffs is 7 games and not 5. What other league does that? Also, what other league has a referee/umpire going to prison because his recent handiwerk? Plus Donaghy is supported by a variety of instances that give him credibility such as the Lakers-Kings series in 2002.

The NBA has a huge credibility problem, like it or not and recognizing that there are reasons for this doesnt mean you wear a tinfoil hat. Any fool can see that the league has struggled since Jordan left the league. Theyve had to massively change the rules to make it easier to score. Theyve seen their product bumped to cable. Theyve imposed rules that de-thug the league by virtue of restricting what clothes they can wear to the arena. To think that they havent been worried about the viewers they lost in the Jordan era is naive.

FADERPROOF
05-09-2009, 07:49 AM
lol I really don't think the nba is THAT diabolical.

If he's suspended, then that's major b.s., but undercutting what the lakers have done this year and saying the refs are basically helping them through the playoffs is pure bologna.

So basically when they win the finals I"m sure it'll all be thanks to the refs too, right? ::)

Win the finals? Not happening and don't feel slighted because I'm sure the Cavs will get favorable calls once they face a team worth a damn that could take them out in a 7 game series.

FADERPROOF
05-09-2009, 07:51 AM
blah blah blah. Let's focus on a meaningless call at the end of the game that will lead to a downgrade to flagrant 1, not a suspension, and give no credit to the better team winning. So predictable.

Yes, the fix is in, just like it was in recent years when we were treated to such gems as Spurs-Nets, Spurs-Cavs, etc. in the finals.

It was a meaningless call unless Artest gets suspended, which a flagrant 2 will do, then it's not so meaninglesss anymore when the Lakers are up 2-1 on the road with the rockets best defender out of the game.

ludo21
05-09-2009, 08:07 AM
Kobe not being suspended for game 3 is all you need to know about this series and how the league views the Lakers importance to this years finals.

Punisher
05-09-2009, 09:45 AM
Apparently you havent been watching the NBA beyond this year. He is just saying what typically happens, especially when a team like the Lakers or Celtics is involved. This is a league that has changed its rules in the middle of the season so that the first round of the playoffs is 7 games and not 5. What other league does that? Also, what other league has a referee/umpire going to prison because his recent handiwerk? Plus Donaghy is supported by a variety of instances that give him credibility such as the Lakers-Kings series in 2002.

The NBA has a huge credibility problem, like it or not and recognizing that there are reasons for this doesnt mean you wear a tinfoil hat. Any fool can see that the league has struggled since Jordan left the league. Theyve had to massively change the rules to make it easier to score. Theyve seen their product bumped to cable. Theyve imposed rules that de-thug the league by virtue of restricting what clothes they can wear to the arena. To think that they havent been worried about the viewers they lost in the Jordan era is naive.

I know about all that stuff,I watched the games,And there was a rumor that the NBA had a hand in the Lakers and Boston Trades last year.

I know about all the conspiracy theories.

Why must everytime I crack a Joke everyone has to say "Do you watch BBall" or this that.

The fact is that we won game 3 and have a 2-1 lead in this series
GO LAKERS

Punisher
05-09-2009, 09:51 AM
LAKER HATER <----------------- About 85% of the Orangemane

24champ
05-09-2009, 10:07 AM
Do not awaken the Black Mamba. :strong:

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/50/fullj.22dbe7fef26cdd7c0ab3b33823c2f857/22dbe7fef26cdd7c0ab3b33823c2f857-getty-86316899abb029_lakers_rockets.jpg

The Big E
05-09-2009, 12:22 PM
We are witnessing the pussification of the nba and it sucks. Short of a fight, i don't think there should be any suspensions, and now with every rough play we have to wonder if there is going to be a suspension. They just have too much impact on a series, so it had better be something very egregious. I don't remember there being so much focus on this BS as there is now, and it's only the freaking 2nd round.

I agree Artest shouldn't have gotten a flagrant at all, so I hope they at least reduce it to a 1. Now the focus is on Perkins and his elbow. It's ridiculous.

spdirty
05-09-2009, 02:23 PM
what the hell is with these announcers? Its like the WNBA preseason crew. God I hate E!SPN.

TheChamp24
05-09-2009, 03:07 PM
These announcers suck, and their coverage is absolutely horrible. Don't show replays on things you want to see again, show things you don't give a damn about, ugh.

spdirty
05-09-2009, 03:10 PM
how the hell do you shoot 28% and still lead on the road?

broncofan2438
05-09-2009, 03:44 PM
how the hell do you shoot 28% and still lead on the road?

Thats aweful......no one can shoot

spdirty
05-09-2009, 04:04 PM
God I Hate Nba Refs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

spdirty
05-09-2009, 04:15 PM
Freaking foul every damn possession. Refs sure as hell can make these games boring and sluggish.

spdirty
05-09-2009, 04:19 PM
70+ free throws shot through 3 quarters. Unreal. Anyway, 4th quarter time, which means hopefully time to blow em out.

BroncosinDC
05-09-2009, 04:22 PM
This could be the most boring game I've ever watched...its like playing horse from the free throw line.

TheChamp24
05-09-2009, 04:32 PM
Its amazing both teams have so many points shooting so horrible.
Both teams shooting 38%.
Clap for the Mavs shooting 85% from the free throw line, only missing 6 in 41 attempts.

spdirty
05-09-2009, 04:46 PM
what a bunch of total bull****. The travel shouldve actually been a flagrant 1 by current NBA standards (especially today), and you can't play any kind of defense cuz these idiotic bull**** refs call a foul if you fart in their general direction. GOD I HATE NBA REFS!

spdirty
05-09-2009, 04:47 PM
Its amazing both teams have so many points shooting so horrible.
Both teams shooting 38%.
Clap for the Mavs shooting 85% from the free throw line, only missing 6 in 41 attempts.

well it is believable cuz its a friggin free throw shooting contest.

TheManeMan
05-09-2009, 05:00 PM
Do not awaken the Black Mamba. :strong:

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/50/fullj.22dbe7fef26cdd7c0ab3b33823c2f857/22dbe7fef26cdd7c0ab3b33823c2f857-getty-86316899abb029_lakers_rockets.jpg

You do know that Mr.Pretentious gave himself that nickname right? How gay is that? Hilarious!

spdirty
05-09-2009, 05:03 PM
LOL these stupid ****ing refs.

spdirty
3-0 baby!!!!!!!!!!

eddie mac
3-0 Nice

24champ
05-09-2009, 05:04 PM
Typical Dallas Meltdown...haha.

spdirty
05-09-2009, 05:06 PM
K, I'm glad we won the game, but how can people not be screaming about how bad these refs sucked? These refs should not ref another organized sporting event, ever. It was terrible.

But of course Stern will...say nothing and act like everything with his officiating is hunky dory.

ro_50
05-09-2009, 05:08 PM
Geez, I've never seen a team whine like that like the Mavs did at the end of the game.

They didn't call the whistle, Antoine Wright gotta play through that. He stopped playing.

I'm glad the Mavs are about to get bounced. They whine, whine and Cuban needs a diaper.

BroncosinDC
05-09-2009, 05:08 PM
Ironically the only foul they didn't call will be the most scrutinized.

TheChamp24
05-09-2009, 05:09 PM
What a shot by Melo, and in their worst performance in the playoffs they secure a win to go up 3-0.
Nice.

broncofan2438
05-09-2009, 05:10 PM
Wow, I don't think Im going to game 5.........crap what to do about airfare

oubronco
05-09-2009, 05:10 PM
The NBA officiating has been horrible for years it's not nothing new it is what it is and everyone knows this so why are you all beeotching about it so much

DHallblows
05-09-2009, 05:12 PM
1) Dallas gets everything going their way except one call and still lose.

2) Carmelo is so clutch on last shots of the game

DenverBrit
05-09-2009, 05:12 PM
Ironically the only foul they didn't call will be the most scrutinized.

Not to mention the irony of a team complaining that they weren't penalized.

spdirty
05-09-2009, 05:16 PM
The NBA officiating has been horrible for years it's not nothing new it is what it is and everyone knows this so why are you all beeotching about it so much

Because it needs to change. Probably wont till that ****in Stern dies though.

bombay
05-09-2009, 05:20 PM
The Nuggets played poorly and the officiating was spotty, but a win is a win.

Three zip.

oubronco
05-09-2009, 05:21 PM
Because it needs to change. Probably wont till that ****in Stern dies though.

Hell I can remember the days when Bird, Jordan, Wilkins and those guy's taking 4-5 steps and dunking the ball, if it hasn't changed by now it probably won't

spdirty
05-09-2009, 05:22 PM
Hell I can remember the days when Bird, Jordan, Wilkins and those guy's taking 4-5 steps and dunking the ball, if it hasn't changed by now it probably won't

And there was a certain individual who just as then is still the commissioner.

oubronco
05-09-2009, 05:23 PM
And there was a certain individual who just as then is still the commissioner.

Yep you are correct

spdirty
05-09-2009, 05:24 PM
Hell I almost hope they lose game 4 so there isnt too much of a layoff and you can get a game 5 in to get the fans all riled up and get a lot of positive energy going heading into the WCF.

montrose
05-09-2009, 05:27 PM
http://www.gascoals.net/Portals/1/087/CAL-T&T-300-FrenchStreetBroom.jpg

bombay
05-09-2009, 05:31 PM
Hell I almost hope they lose game 4 so there isnt too much of a layoff and you can get a game 5 in to get the fans all riled up and get a lot of positive energy going heading into the WCF.

I don't know. After a really long season and two rounds of playoffs a week or so of rest might not hurt. Get rid of nagging injuries, etc. Although you know they'll be rusty as hell in the first game.

spdirty
05-09-2009, 05:35 PM
I don't know. After a really long season and two rounds of playoffs a week or so of rest might not hurt. Get rid of nagging injuries, etc. Although you know they'll be rusty as hell in the first game.

I know. Martin, Melo, and Chauncey probably need the rest. Kinda would be nice to be able to see our guys kick back and watch Houston and LA beat the hell out of each other for (hopefully) a 6 or 7 game series. Let their guys get the nagging injuries while our guys rest up.

But still...I don't know, wish we had game 4 at home. :) Its a fun lil predicament to be in.:~ohyah!:

And I'm real happy for George Karl.

watermock
05-09-2009, 05:35 PM
Game 1 plan, beat up Kobe and that white guy.

Have the bird-man hack.

bombay
05-09-2009, 05:40 PM
I know. Martin, Melo, and Chauncey probably need the rest. Kinda would be nice to be able to see our guys kick back and watch Houston and LA beat the hell out of each other for (hopefully) a 6 or 7 game series. Let their guys get the nagging injuries while our guys rest up.

But still...I don't know, wish we had game 4 at home. :) Its a fun lil predicament to be in.:~ohyah!:

And I'm real happy for George Karl.

Yeah. Agree on all points.