PDA

View Full Version : The Official 2009 NBA Playoffs Thread (M)

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Boobs McGee
05-04-2009, 11:55 PM
I beg the differ they need to give the ball more to Anderw and go right at Yao in the 1st half of the game, and Try to get Yao in foul trouble.

And oh yea Artest and Brooks played a hell of a game

Maybe it would've been different if bynum hadn't got those first two quick fouls, but even when he came back, it just seemed like he was gettin dominated on the high block. He was settling for jump shots. I'm hoping it's just because he's still gettin back into a rythm.

Brooks ****ing torched us, and A.l.f. i agree with ya...fish just looked too old out there. Brown or farmar would be a better start.

Where was luke? I think he'd do a better job on artest than arieza...

I just can't believe how bad Pau and Lamar looked tonight

Boobs McGee
05-04-2009, 11:57 PM
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm306/alanlakers/1zxmj53.gif

lol THAT is pretty damn funny.

looks like they're on their way to a....GASOLINE FIIIIIIIIGHT!!!!!

Punisher
05-04-2009, 11:58 PM
I'm not saying we lost because of the refs, we clearly got outplayed and outcoached tonight. I'm saying there was 3-4 calls in a row there in the 4th quarter that was BS. It looked like the game was going to the wire up until that point.

Yea we did get out played....Its cool Phi will look over the tape and get our Lakers to work.Anyway i like us Playing the Rockets they have really great D,once we get pass them Dallas or the Nuggs should be a cake walk.

watermock
05-05-2009, 12:04 AM
http://i.usatoday.net/sports/_photos/2009/05/04/rocketsx-front.jpg

Looks clean to me...

TheManeMan
05-05-2009, 01:24 AM
http://i40.tinypic.com/xelpxl.gif

Dirty

TDmvp
05-05-2009, 01:36 AM
http://i40.tinypic.com/xelpxl.gif

Dirty

Is that Kobe kneeing him? ... missed the early part of the game and didn't see who got Shane.

SouthStndJunkie
05-05-2009, 01:56 AM
Nice to see the Rockets beat the Lakers in Game One.

Drunk Monkey
05-05-2009, 02:03 AM
Maybe it would've been different if bynum hadn't got those first two quick fouls, but even when he came back, it just seemed like he was gettin dominated on the high block. He was settling for jump shots. I'm hoping it's just because he's still gettin back into a rythm.

Brooks ****ing torched us, and A.l.f. i agree with ya...fish just looked too old out there. Brown or farmar would be a better start.

Where was luke? I think he'd do a better job on artest than arieza...

I just can't believe how bad Pau and Lamar looked tonight

Luke is done for the year.

azbroncfan
05-05-2009, 02:06 AM
Tough game. Glad the Rockets pulled it out.

Pulled it out? They pretty much led the whole time and they are so much more physical than the finesse laker team it isn't even funny.

TDmvp
05-05-2009, 02:12 AM
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f309/emokid91501/g4it82hxi9dg55krqieloy4iocopy.jpg

TheManeMan
05-05-2009, 02:53 AM
Is that Kobe kneeing him? ... missed the early part of the game and didn't see who got Shane.

This was all after a whistle was blown. An unnecessary knee and an elbow to the face.

Dexter
05-05-2009, 03:03 AM
Cuban will get a piece of my mind game 5

There won't be a game five. But I'll be sure to give him a piece of our mind game 2 :D

Man-Goblin
05-05-2009, 06:46 AM
Anytime morning you wake up to a Lakers loss is a good morning.

Paladin
05-05-2009, 07:12 AM
GO ROCKETS!!!!!!

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!

GO NUGGETS!!!!!!

It is great to see the Fakers get hammered in their house. If the Rockets take game 2, it could be a great year.......

ohiobronco2
05-05-2009, 08:22 AM
Where are the Laker fans to defend their team?

broncofan2438
05-05-2009, 08:34 AM
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f309/emokid91501/g4it82hxi9dg55krqieloy4iocopy.jpg

B E A UTIFUL

Boobs McGee
05-05-2009, 10:21 AM
Where are the Laker fans to defend their team?

Defend our team? What's there to defend?

We played like kaka last night, houston slapped us in the face. Big deal.

we come back and win four straight....any questions? I for one don't think that melting down after one loss is necessary. As we talked about last night, poor shooting night for the lakers, houston's D was tougher than utah's, we weren't that focused, early foul trouble, it was a loss.

p.s. thanks to the poster who told me about luke. I was in and out of game 4 when he injured the ankle, didn't realize he was sidelined through last night. cheers.

Inkana7
05-05-2009, 10:33 AM
Lakers first quarter really killed them, not to mention they were playing to the Rockets tempo.

Lakers brought their F game tonight, Rockets guards killed us but somehow the Lakers were in the game until the last 5 minutes when the refs took over. A lot of badly missed calls, Odom didn't step out of bounds among other things. I hate it when the referees dictate the game, especially at the end of the game.

This game reminds alot of the Lakers vs Sixers game 1 in the Finals, Lakers need to get Farmar and Brown out there more to stop Brooks. Fisher is just not that quick anymore to defend him.

I still like the Lakers in this series, I seriously doubt we will play this flat four times.

Except instead of an overtime game taken over by a single PG, it was a 7 point win by a team that was ahead the entire time.

24champ
05-05-2009, 10:36 AM
Yeah it's a seven game series.

PS. Bronconia was that dude in your avatar in the movie "Yes Man"?

24champ
05-05-2009, 10:38 AM
Except instead of an overtime game taken over by a single PG, it was a 7 point win by a team that was ahead the entire time.

Once again, people don't watch the games. We were up in the 4th quarter and it stayed relatively close and was heading to the wire until the refs stepped in and made consecutive bad calls. We played like junk, but we were still in it for the most part.

Los Broncos
05-05-2009, 10:46 AM
Some people are over reacting to last night.

Lakers will still win the series.

Inkana7
05-05-2009, 10:49 AM
Yeah it's a seven game series.

PS. Bronconia was that dude in your avatar in the movie "Yes Man"?

Yes, I believe that was "Norm". Broseph!

Domostick
05-05-2009, 10:54 AM
Once again, people don't watch the games. We were up in the 4th quarter and it stayed relatively close and was heading to the wire until the refs stepped in and made consecutive bad calls. We played like junk, but we were still in it for the most part.

What I thought the Lakers were so good they could overcome the refs and didn't even need to play the games. Fuching cocky ass laker fans.

ColoradoBuff
05-05-2009, 10:54 AM
Go Rockets! Luck the Fakers!

TheManeMan
05-05-2009, 11:11 AM

Watch the games?!? Ha!

The Lakers grabbed the lead with 8:19 left on Brown's 2nd free throw(77-76). Artest scored to put the Rockets back up (78-77) at 8:05. The Lakers were up for only 14 seconds in the entire fouth quarter.

lex
05-05-2009, 11:29 AM
It looks like the Lakers could be in trouble. They kind of have a similar setup on defense as the Celtics last year where defending Kobe is concerned. They have good defenders to face up Kobe and then a good inside presence in Yao. The Lakers really need to hit from the outside, meanwhile Yao looks like he could give the Lakers' bigs a lot of fouls. If it wasnt for Houston having Artest and Battier facing up Kobe, Kobe might also be able to force Yao to foul. It also looks like Fisher cant guard Brooks.

At any rate, this series is an intriguing matchup.

ohiobronco2
05-05-2009, 11:46 AM
I'm happy Laker fans are noticing the limitations of D. Fisher. I argued that at this point in their careers, if the cavs and lakers faced off in the finals, the pg position would favor the Cavs. Fisher is a very solid basketball player, who I really respect, but Mo Williams would give him fits. He's not as speedy as Brooks, but he's just quick enough to get by Fisher and set up those camped out of the 3 point line.

Rulon Velvet Jones
05-05-2009, 11:59 AM
So when does our resident Mavs honk make an appearance?

I'll represent them.

azbroncfan
05-05-2009, 12:36 PM
So when does our resident Mavs honk make an appearance?

Drama Llama quit posting in basketball threads after he predicted a sweep of Miami in finals a couple years ago then they followed up with best record in the league and an early exit against Golden State. All he did was run his mouth about them back then and talk garbage but when they let him down he wasn't man enough to own up to his crap talking.

Boobs McGee
05-05-2009, 12:47 PM
ya alf, inkana's right. He's the manager norm. But the pic is from the show Flight of the Conchords...****IN HILARIOUS!!!! His name's murray on the show, and he's there band manager/ new zealand consolate attache.

For all you laker haters out there...do you realize we only made TWO THREE POINTERS!! that's an anomallythat won't happen again. Arieza, sasha, lamar, kobe, or fish are usually all good for at least one a game. Woulda been completely different had we actually been shooting well. I don't think that poor shooting performance plays itself out again this series. And no, that WAS NOT due to the rockets D (which for the most part was pretty awesome), I'm talking about the missed OPEN threes.

SureShot
05-05-2009, 01:24 PM
I'll represent them.

Ok whatcha got? How do you see game 2 playing out? Will the Mavs be able to handle the athletesism and physical play of the Nuggets?

Rulon Velvet Jones
05-05-2009, 01:50 PM
Ok whatcha got? How do you see game 2 playing out? Will the Mavs be able to handle the athletesism and physical play of the Nuggets?

The Mavs, despite all their shortcomings, have shown a penchance to come back strong after losses. In fact, they haven't lost b2b games since March. They have a strong, smart group that is playoff-tested and understands what it's going to take to earn the split in Denver.

One thing I'm tired of hearing is that the Mavs are "soft" and, in particular, Dirk. As shown on Sunday's broadcast, he's one of 5 guys in NBA history to average 25/10 in the playoffs. It's sad that people here in Dallas don't appreciate the guy. They'd rather harp on his shortcomings than respect that he's played his ass off to carry the franchise for years now. If he had another superstar at his side, like Pierce got with KG and Allen, he'd have the ring he covets. But as it stands, he does play his heart out every night. It's disgusting how quickly people in Dallas want to trade the guy away. He's one of my personal favorites and I'll defend the guy to the bitter end, "soft" and "weak" and "heartless" comments be damned.

For tonight, the Mavs don't necessarily need to play any tougher. They need to stick to their game and just play smarter more than anything. Despite the final score, they were still in the hunt at the start of the 4th quarter before the bottom fell out. 20 turnovers is going to kill you against any team, not just the Nuggets. No whining about the officials, no being enticed by a team more athletic than yourself, no searching endlessly for foul calls that aren't going to come - play smart, play strong and retain focus. They made it too easy for the Nuggets on Sunday. I trust that Carlisle will make the necessary adjustments on both sides of the ball and they're more representative of Mavericks basketball tonight than that mess from the weekend. I am a little worried about Josh Howard's ankles, though. They need him to be effective for the Mavs to stand a chance (against anybody) and I worry about his strength of play if he's out there with 2 bum ankles.

Good luck to both teams.

Balls.

TDmvp
05-05-2009, 03:17 PM

Watch the games?!? Ha!

The Lakers grabbed the lead with 8:19 left on Brown's 2nd free throw(77-76). Artest scored to put the Rockets back up (78-77) at 8:05. The Lakers were up for only 14 seconds in the entire fouth quarter.

Alf that is some major Lakers Spin you got going ... I guess by your logic the Celts was right in that game last night. The Lakers led once in the 2nd Q and once in the 4th and that's the only TIMES in the game .

They was man handled ever time they got close ... It went from lakers by 2 in the 4th , to Rockets by 11 in a little under 2 mins ...

Laker Fan kills me tho ... Spin SPin Spin .... Should of heard them spin the 24 point lead they blew to the Celts last year in the finals as the Refs hosed them and they got wore out from scoring and got tight ...

Every year same crap .

The Big E
05-05-2009, 03:19 PM
It looks like the Lakers could be in trouble. They kind of have a similar setup on defense as the Celtics last year where defending Kobe is concerned. They have good defenders to face up Kobe and then a good inside presence in Yao. The Lakers really need to hit from the outside, meanwhile Yao looks like he could give the Lakers' bigs a lot of fouls. If it wasnt for Houston having Artest and Battier facing up Kobe, Kobe might also be able to force Yao to foul. It also looks like Fisher cant guard Brooks.

At any rate, this series is an intriguing matchup.
It's a good matchup, but LA has no excuses if they lose this series. They do need to hit more outside shots, but I think more importantly they need to attack the lane. They should be running a two-man game using Kobe and Pau and make Yao move his feet. That will open things up, or lead to fouls on Yao. The Lakers had trouble forever when they had Shaq because he didn't deal well with the pick and roll, and teams just ran it over and over.

The Lakers have always had trouble w/ quick point guards, so Brooks doesn't bring anything they haven't faced before. I think a 7 game series would do the Lakers some good and toughen them up mentally. Boston had 2 of them last year, and you could see them gell a little more with each series and peak in the finals.

oubronco
05-05-2009, 03:23 PM
the Lakers will win the series "BOOK IT"

ohiobronco2
05-05-2009, 03:28 PM
the Lakers will win the series "BOOK IT"

;D Way to go out on a limb. Lakers have much more talent than the Rockets. They should win.

oubronco
05-05-2009, 03:29 PM
;D Way to go out on a limb. Lakers have much more talent than the Rockets. They should win.

Thanks

Paladin
05-05-2009, 03:34 PM
And they know how to knee people in the piles.....

ohiobronco2
05-05-2009, 03:38 PM
And they know how to knee people in the piles.....

:spit:

broncofan2438
05-05-2009, 07:22 PM
Lets Go Nuggets!!!!

Just got my game 5 tickets baby!!

spdirty
05-05-2009, 07:27 PM
Hope KMart gets another fine for knocking Dirk on his ass again tonight.

But more importantly just frickin win tonight. Then go to Dallas hoping to split and its a 5 game series. Sit back and watch the Flakers and Rockets beat the hell out of each other.

scttgrd
05-05-2009, 08:00 PM
I see that here in Denver there isn't a way to see the game without cable. Now that just sucks, why not just put it on pay per view and get it over with. Im not getting comcrap just to see a few games.

TheManeMan
05-05-2009, 08:03 PM
http://channelsurfing.net/

scttgrd
05-05-2009, 08:08 PM
http://channelsurfing.net/

Thanks for that, I was hoping to get the game in HD. I can't believe an NBA playoff game is essentially blacked-out in the host city.

Moreno Knows Best
05-05-2009, 08:18 PM
I see that here in Denver there isn't a way to see the game without cable. Now that just sucks, why not just put it on pay per view and get it over with. Im not getting comcrap just to see a few games.

What I find weird about this situation is this:

When the game is on ESPN, Altitude runs a broadcast as well. Yet when the game is on ABC or TNT, they do not.

Also, if the game is scheduled to be on NBATV, your NBATV will be blacked out, forcing you to watch it on Altitude.

Odd rules they have going on there. I would have figured a company like ESPN would want exclusive rights.

scttgrd
05-05-2009, 08:27 PM
Oh well, I guess i'll find out what the score was in the morning. Im not paying $70 to comcrap to see it.

ohiobronco2
05-05-2009, 08:32 PM
LeBron owns.

bombay
05-05-2009, 08:46 PM
Let's roll, Nuggets!

spdirty
05-05-2009, 08:48 PM
****ing assholes! Hurry up! I dont want to pull an all nighter watching this game!

SureShot
05-05-2009, 09:03 PM
Dirk is weak everyone is d-ing him up.

bombay
05-05-2009, 09:08 PM
Webber and Barkley spent ten minutes crying like little bitches because Dirk described the difference between being defended by Martin or Anderson. Just shut up.

spdirty
05-05-2009, 09:14 PM
Webber and Barkley spent ten minutes crying like little b****es because Dirk described the difference between being defended by Martin or Anderson. Just shut up.

And delayed the games starting time by 10 minutes too.

dickheads.

lex
05-05-2009, 09:17 PM
It's a good matchup, but LA has no excuses if they lose this series. They do need to hit more outside shots, but I think more importantly they need to attack the lane. They should be running a two-man game using Kobe and Pau and make Yao move his feet. That will open things up, or lead to fouls on Yao. The Lakers had trouble forever when they had Shaq because he didn't deal well with the pick and roll, and teams just ran it over and over.

The Lakers have always had trouble w/ quick point guards, so Brooks doesn't bring anything they haven't faced before. I think a 7 game series would do the Lakers some good and toughen them up mentally. Boston had 2 of them last year, and you could see them gell a little more with each series and peak in the finals.

Good point.

I agree that Kobe should definitely be looking to attack the basket. Since the league has started cracking down on handchecking theres really no excuse for him to ever settle for jumpers. Thats the best way to neutralize Yao. Im not so sure its as easy as you say but they have to take it inside regardless. Relying on the 3 point shot is sometimes different when you HAVE to make them. If Im a Laker fan, I wouldnt feel comfortable relying on that and Houston did a good job of forcing LA's offense outside.

spdirty
05-05-2009, 09:27 PM
man what a quarter!!! Keep up the heat be up at least 20 by halftime! And keep shootin those jumpers Dallas!

bombay
05-05-2009, 09:28 PM
With the exception of a couple of threes they've jacked up, the Nuggets are conducting a layup drill.

Eldorado
05-05-2009, 09:29 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_0viO-Dm52sM/Rr3_ovixBOI/AAAAAAAACJE/FYja8mGfQ9Y/s320/cat-and-mouseblog.JPG

spdirty
05-05-2009, 09:31 PM
Howard done for the night.

Bob's your Information Minister
05-05-2009, 09:54 PM
You ****s should know I root for the Mavs.

This **** is now personal.

Let's roll!

05-05-2009, 09:55 PM
Dirk is weak everyone is d-ing him up.

Dirk leads all scorers with 16 you bitch.

bombay
05-05-2009, 10:01 PM
JR has scored 17 first half points with only 6 FG attempts.

Impressive.

05-05-2009, 10:02 PM
Kidd says SUCK IT!

We ain't going away quietly.

SEE YOU ON THE FLIPSIDE

TheChamp24
05-05-2009, 10:03 PM
Awesome job there JR...

broncofan2438
05-05-2009, 10:05 PM
Kidd says SUCK IT!

We ain't going away quietly.

SEE YOU ON THE FLIPSIDE

You are an idiot. First a KC fan and now a mavs fan? Fat pig

broncofan2438
05-05-2009, 10:06 PM
Awesome job there JR...

No ****.....he needs to slow down...I knew he was going to do that crap

bombay
05-05-2009, 10:08 PM
Yep. Very stupid and ill-timed shot by JR. Didn't need a hero at that point.

05-05-2009, 10:13 PM
I want to know how the Nugs are going to win with Carmelo and Billups doing **** tonight. Lay it on me. Smith and Nene can't keep this up. Dirk can.

SoCalBronco
05-05-2009, 10:25 PM
"I've been nothing but good luck for the Mavs."

- Bob, after Game 2 of the NBA Finals, 2006

05-05-2009, 10:28 PM
Dampier and Dirk! 2pt game.

05-05-2009, 10:29 PM
Dirk is unconsciously good tonight.

Boobs McGee
05-05-2009, 10:30 PM
big shaut chauncey. that was money

bombay
Bingo.

tie game bitches!!!!

bombay
05-05-2009, 10:31 PM
Nice d there, irk.

05-05-2009, 10:34 PM
Dirk leads all scorers, is tied for the lead in rebounds, AND has four assists. STFU!

05-05-2009, 10:40 PM
Terry You God

MAVS LEAD

SUCK IT

05-05-2009, 10:51 PM
****!

bombay
05-05-2009, 10:52 PM
Nuggets open it up a little headed into the 4th. Chauncey's heating up.

05-05-2009, 10:53 PM
Dirk with 30.

LOL

He won't quit.

05-05-2009, 10:56 PM
That was close.

Good game, ****s.

bombay
05-05-2009, 11:02 PM
Dumbass carlyle gets t'd up. Good timing.

spdirty
05-05-2009, 11:04 PM
Dirk leads all scorers, is tied for the lead in rebounds, AND has four assists. STFU!

yet the Nuggets are up by 8. You can have the pretty numbers for your boy, we will take the series. Fat ****.

spdirty
05-05-2009, 11:05 PM
bull****.

05-05-2009, 11:06 PM
Slipping away. God dammit.

Kid A
05-05-2009, 11:07 PM
4th quarter is looking familiar. Let's keep it up.

spdirty
05-05-2009, 11:07 PM
yes! Up 12 now you fat ****.

azbroncfan
05-05-2009, 11:09 PM
Dirk with 30.

LOL

He won't quit.

Who wins the game the player with the most points or the team with the most points? Obviously you don't know much about basketball or you wouldn't of been running your double chinned mouth in the 1, 2, and 3 rd quarters.

05-05-2009, 11:11 PM
STFU

We'll take two in Dallas.

WRITE IT DOWN!

bombay
05-05-2009, 11:13 PM
Jump-shooting Dallas isn't good enough to beat the Nuggets.

05-05-2009, 11:14 PM
This is some god-awful defense. Jesus.

watermock
05-05-2009, 11:16 PM
Romp!

It's Showtime!

bombay
05-05-2009, 11:20 PM
Chauncey's 3rd three puts the nail in the coffin.

05-05-2009, 11:23 PM
I really hate you guys.

I wish the Mavs would trade for someone to complement Dirk.

And **** you Carmelo.

bombay
05-05-2009, 11:24 PM
lol.

Dallas will be lucky to get one in this series.

Kid A
05-05-2009, 11:25 PM
If that other one wasn't the dagger, that was.

spdirty
05-05-2009, 11:25 PM
Lmao!

TheChamp24
05-05-2009, 11:27 PM
Peace, punch, captain crunch

4th quarter, Nuggets brought out the dagger and stuck it in the Mavs back.

Game over.

05-05-2009, 11:27 PM
lol.

Dallas will be lucky to get one in this series.

With Howard back, who knows?

broncofan2438
05-05-2009, 11:28 PM
With Howard back, who knows?

Howard is obviously screwed and so are you moron

broncofan2438
05-05-2009, 11:29 PM
Lets GO Nuggets!!!!!!!!

SouthStndJunkie
05-05-2009, 11:29 PM
Thanks again for Chauncey Billups, Detroit.

Deeeetroit Basketball!

broncofan2438
05-05-2009, 11:30 PM
Peace, punch, captain crunch

4th quarter, Nuggets brought out the dagger and stuck it in the Mavs back.

Game over.

Thats right baby!! Go Nuggets!!!!

bombay
05-05-2009, 11:31 PM
Six playoff wins for the Nuggets, six blowouts.

Nice.

spdirty
05-05-2009, 11:36 PM
Well thats 15 straight at home. :) Oh yeah. And 6-0 this year against Dallas. :)

halfcreek
05-05-2009, 11:44 PM
Is Barkley drunk?

bombay
05-05-2009, 11:45 PM
Kenny Smith: "The Denver Nuggets are playing the best basketball in the Western Conference right now by far."

By far, Kenny?

Good.

Rulon Velvet Jones
05-05-2009, 11:49 PM
As a diehard Mavs fan myself, I don't appreciate Bob trying to rep my team.

bombay
05-05-2009, 11:53 PM
As a diehard Mavs fan myself, I don't appreciate Bob trying to rep my team.

I feel for you, seriously (with regard to that).

spdirty
05-05-2009, 11:54 PM
Barkley : "They have been the best team in the playoffs, they only lost 1 game in the playoffs and in that game they were up 25-2 and they relaxed and they got pissed cuz they lost and came back and beat a team by 58."

Paladin
05-05-2009, 11:54 PM
Let's not get all puffed up, here, sparkie. The Mavs are not a bad team. It is that they have some problems matching up with the Nuggets as a team. The Bench for the Nuggets is awesome, but the Mavs' bench did do some things tonight. Everytime the Nuggest ran off 4 to 8 points, Carlisle called time out.....

Dirkyboy likes to talk to the refs doesn't he? Lobbying? Hard to tell because Dirkyboy is always scowling like a mad Hun.....

Rulon Velvet Jones
05-06-2009, 12:12 AM
His name is Dirk. He's never been to prison, he's never murdered a friend with a motor vehicle, never shot heroin, never started a fight and run away, doesn't have any ****ed-up tattoos, didn't go to Duke and has been out of the first round more than once in his career. Newly-found, frontrunning Nuggets fans can rip on any other Mav, but Dirk gets a pass.

Paladin
05-06-2009, 12:33 AM
Don't think so. But that's your opinion...

05-06-2009, 12:37 AM
His name is Dirk. He's never been to prison, he's never murdered a friend with a motor vehicle, never shot heroin, never started a fight and run away, doesn't have any ****ed-up tattoos, didn't go to Duke and has been out of the first round more than once in his career. Newly-found, frontrunning Nuggets fans can rip on any other Mav, but Dirk gets a pass.

Dirk is the way and the light.

If Cuban would get off his ass and find him someone to play with other than 40-year old point guards and punkass jump shooters who continually turn the ball over, the Mavs might actually win a championship.

TDmvp
05-06-2009, 12:56 AM

You forgot to mention He's soft and silky like a pillow .

http://images.athlonsports.com/d/795-1/Heat-Wade300.jpg

http://img93.imageshack.us/img93/84/b455bf088571876ec64b502.jpg

05-06-2009, 01:07 AM
Dirk has never choked in his life. Josh Howard is the one responsible for that abysmal let down in the Finals.

Dirk is only soft because his head has been pounded by unruly defenders countless times over the last five years. The guy gets whacked up top more than anyone I've ever seen.

TDmvp
05-06-2009, 01:13 AM
Dirk has never choked in his life. Josh Howard is the one responsible for that abysmal let down in the Finals.

Dirk is only soft because his head has been pounded by unruly defenders countless times over the last five years. The guy gets whacked up top more than anyone I've ever seen.

I don't have anything against Dirk the person ... Comes off like a good guy .
But on the court he is anyway you wrap it

http://www.spursdynasty.com/images/Dirky_Way_Bar.jpg

Soft and Chewy

Kaylore
05-06-2009, 01:16 AM
Great win for the Nugs. The Mavs made adjustments and while they worked for a time, ultimately the Mavs had no answer for Nene. I think Karl will look at what they did and be ready. The next game will be their toughest. Dallas won't roll over at home and the three and half day break could put a rusty Nuggets team on the court. Split and bring it home, boys. :thumbsup:

And Dirk is a whiner and travels.

05-06-2009, 01:17 AM
Dude, Dirk is not soft. He tumbles elbows and knees into the lane countless times in an effort to carry the rest of his above-average to below-average teammates. He could sit around 15 feet from the basket all night and shoot jump shots, because honestly that is his best game, but he dives into the paint like a hero despite the fact he knows muscular, black forearms are coming to bludgeon his skull over and over again.

Dirk is not soft.

Dudeskey
05-06-2009, 01:19 AM
I don't have anything against Dirk the person ... Comes off like a good guy .
But on the court he is anyway you wrap it

http://www.spursdynasty.com/images/Dirky_Way_Bar.jpg

Soft and Chewy

Or with respect to his defensive play...
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/126/319449724_ecef343a5c.jpg

enjolras
05-06-2009, 01:36 AM
Holy crap.. I never thought I could think less of Bob, but here we are.

A chefs fan, and now we find out that he roots for the team I most hate in the whole of the NBA (just ahead of the Spurs).... I just didn't know one human being could have such horrific taste.

If I find out he roots for the Red Sox... well I'm going to have to perform a exorcism or something.

BroncoDoug
05-06-2009, 01:37 AM
What a game by the Nuggets!!! Nene is unstoppable against the Mavs!! Keep it up!

enjolras
05-06-2009, 01:39 AM
The Bob meltdown was pretty entertaining as well.

BroncoDoug
05-06-2009, 01:43 AM
The Bob meltdown was pretty entertaining as well.

yeah, who knew Bob was a Mavs fan? Like you said, that takes him down even further...

BroncoDoug
05-06-2009, 01:46 AM
Dude, Dirk is not soft. He tumbles elbows and knees into the lane countless times in an effort to carry the rest of his above-average to below-average teammates. He could sit around 15 feet from the basket all night and shoot jump shots, because honestly that is his best game, but he dives into the paint like a hero despite the fact he knows muscular, black forearms are coming to bludgeon his skull over and over again.

Dirk is not soft.

He is a great shooter, but he doesn't play any defense and doesn't make his teamates better like other superstars. He is going to need a lot more help to get them past the Nuggs

Moreno Knows Best
05-06-2009, 07:26 AM

Yeah, because Dirk didn't have free throws down the stretch to make or anything in those games.

Dirk is a phenomenal player, but he (and the rest of the Mavs) are soft as toilet paper and he did choke in those Finals in 2 of the games.

Rulon Velvet Jones
05-06-2009, 07:37 AM
People throw around this soft label, but I don't think they know what it means. Or is it just because Kiszla wrote it?

And for as 'soft' as they may be, they've had far more success than the Nuggets franchise as of late. I love how Nuggets fans are suddenly playoff experts after making it out of the first round for the first time in 15 years. The Clippers and Grizzlies are clapping slowly.

Rulon Velvet Jones
05-06-2009, 07:56 AM
And yes, Dirk has his shortcomings. He's not infallible. But neither are many of the other stars in the NBA. Look at how Kobe faltered in last year's Finals and how he's come up short without Shaq. Hell, you can look at most any 'superstar' in the league and point out their weaknesses and poor play.

He's needed help alongside him for years now but Dirk, unlike other guys, doesn't vocalize this to the media. Kobe had to complain and ask to be traded before something happened. Same went for Pierce. Hey, looking at it - maybe that's what he needs to do. But, then again, that's not his job. If Dirk was alongside guys like Kobe, Pierce, Lebron, Duncan, etc. we'd be talking about him going for his 4th or 5th ring this season. Blame Donnie Nelson if you want.

He's one of 5 guys to average 25/10 in the playoffs. Shaq, Hakeem, Pettit, Baylor and Dirk. Nice little company, most would say. He's also one of the most clutch players in the entire league. But, sadly, for every time he carries his team and comes up big late in games it's diminished by everyone dogpiling on the few where he comes up short. Frankly, it's bull**** and completely unfair to the guy.

And he'll even concede that he's not the best defender. But it's actually improved over the years if you can believe that.

For the soft thing - what's that about? Is it because he's not black? Because of his mild-mannered, humble demeanor? Oh, I know - it's because he doesn't punch people on the court (or slap them and run away like Carmelo). He plays basketball the way he's played it since he was 14. Top 5 in scoring most years, former MVP, rarely misses games, is a very difficult assignment for anyone in the league (yeah, nice try, K-Mart), is hammered on a nightly basis and takes his lumps, has had teeth knocked out and returned to the court minutes later (I'd love to see anyone around here do that), returned weeks early from a nasty ankle injury last season and plays his balls off every night. Soft? Hardly. You may disagree with me, but I'll defer to national television broadcasts where guys that know more than you or me have addressed this and laughed it off with ease. Come up with another label for him if you must, but soft isn't one of them.

Again, feel free to rip on any of the other guys that haven't shown up for the Mavericks yet this series (I'll even give you Josh Howard for free), but Dirk is off-limits.

Rulon Velvet Jones
05-06-2009, 08:07 AM
Nowitzki himself described the fine as "a little unnecessary." Regarding the shove itself from Martin along the baseline that knocked him down, Nowitzki said: "I didn't think it was that bad."

His harshest words were reserved for Nuggets vice president of player personnel Rex Chapman, who suggested Monday night that Nowitzki made the foul look worse because he's a proficient flopper.

"I didn't know Rex Chapman was still alive," Nowitzki said, before proceeding to dispute the flopping charges.

ColoradoBuff
05-06-2009, 08:24 AM
Nowitzki himself described the fine as "a little unnecessary." Regarding the shove itself from Martin along the baseline that knocked him down, Nowitzki said: "I didn't think it was that bad."

His harshest words were reserved for Nuggets vice president of player personnel Rex Chapman, who suggested Monday night that Nowitzki made the foul look worse because he's a proficient flopper.

"I didn't know Rex Chapman was still alive," Nowitzki said, before proceeding to dispute the flopping charges.

Ouch, that's kinda harsh! How does being down 0-2 sound to you Dirk? freakin crybaby!:thumbs: :thanku:

Rulon Velvet Jones
05-06-2009, 08:27 AM
Ouch, that's kinda harsh! How does being down 0-2 sound to you Dirk? freakin crybaby!:thumbs: :thanku:

It's a retort to Chapman's dumbass comments from the day before. Where does he come off as a crybaby? Was it in the place of the Chapman to make those stupid comments in the first place?

And they've been down 0-2 before.

Master___Pain
05-06-2009, 08:28 AM
Rulon, I appreciate your defense of Dirk, but he does have a reputation as being whiny and soft throughout the league. That's not something that Nugget fans have just created in the last few days. That said, Dirk is an elite scorer in this league, a good rebounder and a good citizen. Problem is, none of that is going to help him or the Mavs in this series. Yeah, the Mavs will probably grab a game in Dallas, but the Mavs just don't match up well with this Nuggets team and I'd be surprised if this goes past 5 games.

Rulon Velvet Jones
05-06-2009, 08:31 AM
Rulon, I appreciate your defense of Dirk, but he does have a reputation as being whiny and soft throughout the league. That's not something that Nugget fans have just created in the last few days. That said, Dirk is an elite scorer in this league, a good rebounder and a good citizen. Problem is, none of that is going to help him or the Mavs in this series. Yeah, the Mavs will probably grab a game in Dallas, but the Mavs just don't match up well with this Nuggets team and I'd be surprised if this goes past 5 games.

I'll concede they don't matchup well with the Nuggets, that's quite obvious. Denver is playing some of the best basketball in the entire NBA right now.

But for the "throughout the league" thing, I don't think that's valid. Players respect what he can do to them. I'd like to see where a player (and not the local media) has come out and called Dirk soft and/or whiny. That's messageboard and fanbase garbage.

ColoradoBuff
05-06-2009, 08:37 AM
Barkley : "They have been the best team in the playoffs, they only lost 1 game in the playoffs and in that game they were up 25-2 and they relaxed and they got pissed cuz they lost and came back and beat a team by 58."

AMEN to that brotha! :thumbsup:

Master___Pain
05-06-2009, 08:44 AM
I'll concede they don't matchup well with the Nuggets, that's quite obvious. Denver is playing some of the best basketball in the entire NBA right now.

But for the "throughout the league" thing, I don't think that's valid. Players respect what he can do to them. I'd like to see where a player (and not the local media) has come out and called Dirk soft and/or whiny. That's messageboard and fanbase garbage.

Right or wrong, that's his perception. I don't expect a Mavs fan to concede this, but it's been said a lot. Why do you think that teams try to rough him up? To get him off his game, that's why. Which is exactly what Martin did in game one. Dirk does not like physical play. He's a great shooting guard that happens to be 7 feet tall.

You know, maybe I'm confusing the Mavs being soft with Dirk being soft.

Rulon Velvet Jones
05-06-2009, 08:47 AM
Right or wrong, that's his perception. I don't expect a Mavs fan to concede this, but it's been said a lot. Why do you think that teams try to rough him up? To get him off his game, that's why. Which is exactly what Martin did in game one. Dirk does not like physical play. He's a great shooting guard that happens to be 7 feet tall.

You know, maybe I'm confusing the Mavs being soft with Dirk being soft.

How'd that work out for K-Mart? He's looking like a cheapshot ass as a result.

ColoradoBuff
05-06-2009, 08:48 AM
It's a retort to Chapman's dumbass comments from the day before. Where does he come off as a crybaby? Was it in the place of the Chapman to make those stupid comments in the first place?

Sooooo Chapman is a dumbass for defending Martin on a bush league decision from the league to change that foul to a flagarant 1? There were harder fouls in the Boston/Chicago series than the one Martin put the Charmin Boy Nowitski.

I'll give you game 3 to win..but after that, it's back to DD blowouts. Enjoy your summer off Charmin Boy!:wave:

ColoradoBuff
05-06-2009, 08:50 AM
How'd that work out for K-Mart? He's looking like a cheapshot ass as a result.

So Howard and Rondo are cheapshot's as well? Their fouls were helluva lot harder that the one Martin put on Charmin Boy!

Rulon Velvet Jones
05-06-2009, 08:53 AM
Sooooo Chapman is a dumbass for defending Martin on a bush league decision from the league to change that foul to a flagarant 1? There were harder fouls in the Boston/Chicago series than the one Martin put the Charmin Boy Nowitski.

I'll give you game 3 to win..but after that, it's back to DD blowouts. Enjoy your summer off Charmin Boy!:wave:

Chapman is a dumbass because it's not in the place of the director of player personnel to make comments about another team's player like that. But we're seeing this overdose of cockiness surge through the entire organization right now, so it's no surprise.

Keep calling Dirk soft all you want, man. He's tougher than any of those fugazis on the Nuggets roster. Maybe he needs to murder one of his best friends with a car or shoot up some heroin to be "tough" in some people's eyes. Or better yet - have the lips of his skank wife tattooed on his neck. Oh, I know - he should start a fight with little Nate Robinson and then run away. Yeah, some real "tough" guys over there.

Rulon Velvet Jones
05-06-2009, 08:54 AM
So Howard and Rondo are cheapshot's as well? Their fouls were helluva lot harder that the one Martin put on Charmin Boy!

It's not a matter of one shot being harder than the other. K-Mart thought he was sending a message and he failed.

theAPAOps5
05-06-2009, 08:54 AM

Yeah but not to Denver..... I just hope Denver doesn't pull a Maverick or Soft Nowitizki and choke away a seemingly gift wrapped series!

Thanks floppitzki!

theAPAOps5
05-06-2009, 08:56 AM
It's not a matter of one shot being harder than the other. K-Mart thought he was sending a message and he failed.

He failed :spit: Dirk was 5 for 5 until the shot/flop. Then he missed what 6 in a row? Yeah it sure failed! I mean we are down 0-2, er um wait, yeah but it failed! Hilarious!

ColoradoBuff
05-06-2009, 08:59 AM

Failed? Dirk started the game 5-5....and after that oh so hard foul to Charmin Boy, he was 7-17. I think the message came across loud and clear! Enjoy your summer off Mav's!!!:-*

Rulon Velvet Jones
05-06-2009, 08:59 AM
He failed :spit: Dirk was 5 for 5 until the shot/flop. Then he missed what 6 in a row? Yeah it sure failed! I mean we are down 0-2, er um wait, yeah but it failed! Hilarious!

28/10
35/9

C'mon now...we're buddies. You're just dogpiling now.

Rulon Velvet Jones
05-06-2009, 09:00 AM
Failed? Dirk started the game 5-5....and after that oh so hard foul to Charmin Boy, he was 7-17. I think the message came across loud and clear! Enjoy your summer off Mav's!!!:-*

Enjoy following your newly-found NBA team. I hear they play baseball around the Denver area, too.

theAPAOps5
05-06-2009, 09:04 AM
28/10
35/9

C'mon now...we're buddies. You're just dogpiling now.

Ah its friendly smack talk don't take anything serious! But I must point out you call our team thugs yet ignore Chauncy who just won the Dumars award for community service, Nene who has come back strong from cancer, Anthony Carter who is a lunch pail player. So yeah Kmart is a bit over the top and can't argue with Smith.

But come on Birdman made mistakes but it was self inflicted and he has turned his life around. So your judgement is just as one sided as ours for Dirk.

But seriously its just friendly smack talk.

ColoradoBuff
05-06-2009, 09:16 AM
Chapman is a dumbass because it's not in the place of the director of player personnel to make comments about another team's player like that. But we're seeing this overdose of ****.iness surge through the entire organization right now, so it's no surprise.

Keep calling Dirk soft all you want, man. He's tougher than any of those fugazis on the Nuggets roster. Maybe he needs to murder one of his best friends with a car or shoot up some heroin to be "tough" in some people's eyes. Or better yet - have the lips of his skank wife tattooed on his neck. Oh, I know - he should start a fight with little Nate Robinson and then run away. Yeah, some real "tough" guys over there.

Or Or Or Maybe our guys should just smoke pot 24-7 like Howard does! Crow..go eat it! Hilarious!

05-06-2009, 09:16 AM
I'd love to see any of the clowns on the Nuggets try to carry a team like Dirk.

Is Carmelo even shooting 40 percent this series?

ColoradoBuff
05-06-2009, 09:18 AM
Enjoy following your newly-found NBA team. I hear they play baseball around the Denver area, too.

Been a long time fan of the Nuggets! But anyways! Enjoy the offseason Mavs!

ColoradoBuff
05-06-2009, 09:20 AM

Last time i checked it's a TEAM game fatass! Carmelo doesn't need to carry the team. Billups, Smith, Nene will take care of the rest! A concept the Mavs have yet to figure out a way to help Charmin Boy!

bombay
05-06-2009, 09:48 AM
Could care less about dirk.

Mavs will have to be lucky not to get swept, and winning the series is what matters.

Rulon Velvet Jones
05-06-2009, 09:53 AM
Could care less about dirk.

Mavs will have to be lucky not to get swept, and winning the series is what matters.

Because the Nuggets are well-steeped in what the playoff are all about.

And for the Howard weed comment, let's not pretend he's the only player that does it. Carmelo? Martin? Smith? Please.

broncofan2438
05-06-2009, 09:53 AM

I agree as well, plus I have tickets to game 5!

Go Nuggs

bombay
05-06-2009, 09:57 AM
And for the Howard weed comment, let's not pretend he's the only player that does it. Carmelo? Martin? Smith? Please.

Because that matters.

Be here now. Dallas time has come and gone.

Master___Pain
05-06-2009, 10:12 AM

Last I checked, Chauncey Billups is a Nugget with over 100 games of experience, a finals MVP and a NBA Championship and 5 consective Conference finals. This team has taken on the personality of CB7. For you to try to look at the past playoff failures, and compare to this years squad is just ignorant. Yo went from being pretty level headed Rulon to trying to engage in flaming each and every Nugget. You are better than that.

Like it or not, this Nuggets team is better than the Mavs.

Oh, by the way, it was cocaine for Andersen, not heroin. ;D

TheChamp24
05-06-2009, 10:20 AM

15-31 there idiot, so yes he is shooting over 40%. GTFO.

broncofan2438
05-06-2009, 11:54 AM
15-31 there idiot, so yes he is shooting over 40%. GTFO.

Don't worry about Bob, he doesn't know what he's talking about. He tries to be a fan of the opposing teams just to start crap

BroncoLifer
05-06-2009, 12:04 PM

Is that for sure? I've never seen a definite ID of the "substance of abuse" in question. Some people on the light rail are saying it was meth.

bombay
05-06-2009, 12:06 PM
Is that for sure? I've never seen a definite ID of the "substance of abuse" in question. Some people on the light rail are saying it was meth.

I heard the same thing, also on the light rail.

mr007
05-06-2009, 12:29 PM
Who cares what the substance(s) he was on. I think it's a pretty damn good story and he looks like he's turned his life around and been given a second chance.

azbroncfan
05-06-2009, 12:54 PM
Yo went from being pretty level headed Rulon to trying to engage in flaming each and every Nugget. You are better than that.

Like it or not, this Nuggets team is better than the Mavs.

It is kind of stupid for a Nuggets fan to give a Mav's fan crap about a player smoking pot. Every NBA team probably has several guys who use pot. Anderson might of mainly been on Coke but he was deep enough involved he probably did whatever was put in front of his face when you get that involved. Who really cares though good for him to get clean and grab a hold of his life and become a good basketball player and be a productive member of society.

Paladin
05-06-2009, 01:12 PM
So. I'm not the only observer who thought that Dirkyboy flopped on the Martin shove? That's the thing about European players. They are steeped in the history and art of the flop. It comes from playing soccer. There is one American flopper in the same league, and that's Chris Paul. All the Spurts floppers are European.

Anyone else you can think of that flops as well as Dirkyboy and the Europeans?

TheManeMan
05-06-2009, 01:22 PM
The King of Flopping...:wave:

http://lakersblog.latimes.com/lakersblog/images/2009/02/21/chris_paul_charge_on_derek_fisher.jpg

05-06-2009, 01:37 PM
Don't worry about Bob, he doesn't know what he's talking about. He tries to be a fan of the opposing teams just to start crap

Been a Mavs fan since the three J's and Popeye Jones. Suck me.

Kaylore
05-06-2009, 01:51 PM
I agree that the Euro's flop more than anyone. It probably is their soccer upbringing. I also agree that Chris Paul has made it an art. I think he uses his lack of size to try and evoke sympathy.

BroncoLifer
05-06-2009, 02:12 PM

Ginobili, the King of Floppers.

broncofan2438
05-06-2009, 02:24 PM
Been a Mavs fan since the three J's and Popeye Jones. Suck me.

Sure ya have.....

bombay
05-06-2009, 02:33 PM
Ginobili, the King of Floppers.

Yep. He's #1.

05-06-2009, 02:35 PM
Sure ya have.....

Do you have evidence otherwise, pindick?

Tell you what, here is a post from Two Thousand And ****ing Five proving my Mavs fandom. If that's not enough for you feel free to kiss my ass.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=2451484&highlight=mavericks#post2451484

Rulon Velvet Jones
05-06-2009, 02:35 PM
Yep. He's #1.

I don't know any longer. He's backed it off since he's been banged up in his later years. Chris Paul is pretty notorious for it these days.

broncofan2438
05-06-2009, 02:37 PM
Do you have evidence otherwise, pindick?

Tell you what, here is a post from Two Thousand And ****ing Five proving my Mavs fandom. If that's not enough for you feel free to kiss my ass.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=2451484&highlight=mavericks#post2451484

hahahaha, Bob gettn a little heated......Your acting like Dirk a big whiner

2KBack
05-06-2009, 02:39 PM
So. I'm not the only observer who thought that Dirkyboy flopped on the Martin shove? That's the thing about European players. They are steeped in the history and art of the flop. It comes from playing soccer. There is one American flopper in the same league, and that's Chris Paul. All the Spurts floppers are European.

while he doesn't play anymore, I always thought Reggie Miller pretty much invented modern NBA flopping.

05-06-2009, 02:39 PM
Unless you have evidence that I'm a fan of some other ****ty NBA team, step off!

Rulon Velvet Jones
05-06-2009, 02:54 PM
Bob likes the Mavs, he has for years. I'll...ugh...at least vouch for that much.

I feel dirty.

SonOfLe-loLang
05-06-2009, 03:08 PM
Why is he bragging about being a mavs fan?

bombay
05-06-2009, 03:18 PM
I don't know any longer. He's backed it off since he's been banged up in his later years. Chris Paul is pretty notorious for it these days.

I didn't see as much of him this season as I have in recent years, so I'll take your word for it, but certainly over the past 4-5 years he's been in a league of his own. He's a hell of a player but I just can't stand the guy for that reason.

Paul is making a name for himself in that area. Hastings called him the 'best American flopper'.

Rulon Velvet Jones
05-06-2009, 03:22 PM
Chris Paul flop vids on Youtube are hilarious!

theAPAOps5
05-06-2009, 03:32 PM
Chris Paul makes soccer flops look real!

Rulon Velvet Jones
05-06-2009, 04:08 PM
Well, if there's anything that can bring us all back together, it's the combined hatred for the bitchness of Chris Paul.

And Jay Cutler.

05-06-2009, 04:19 PM
Why is he bragging about being a mavs fan?

Come on. At least they've been to a championship game in the last 40 years.

BroncoLifer
05-06-2009, 04:28 PM
Come on. At least they've been to a championship game in the last 40 years.

As usual, you know nothing. Dallas has never been in a game where they played for the championship.

TheManeMan
05-06-2009, 04:30 PM
As usual, you know nothing. Dallas has never been in a game where they played for the championship.

Uhh

BroncoLifer
05-06-2009, 04:32 PM
Uhh

It takes 4 games to win a series. They got 2 against Miami, ergo they never played in a "championship game" as Boob claims.

TheManeMan
05-06-2009, 04:34 PM
They played in 6 "championship games." They just lost 4 of them.

24champ
05-06-2009, 04:38 PM

Nope, that's the Thuggets.Hilarious!

BroncoLifer
05-06-2009, 04:41 PM
They played in 6 "championship games." They just lost 4 of them.

How many championships did Dallas earn because they got those 2 wins? A "championship game" is one where you leave with the trophy if you win the game.

That's my definition, and I'm sticking with it.

05-06-2009, 04:44 PM
Jesus Christ, guys. Championship game, championship series. Whatever. Get a life.

BroncoLifer
05-06-2009, 04:50 PM
Jesus Christ, guys. Championship game, championship series. Whatever. Get a life.

I have irritated Clayton. My day is complete.

Paladin
05-06-2009, 04:56 PM
I have irritated Clayton. My day is complete.

God bless you, son.

May God p&ss on Clayton Arsehoe (aka) Boob the Misinformation Minister).

Just go away you dingleberry cling on......

azbroncfan
05-06-2009, 05:25 PM

I'm guessing that Llama and yourself were in bed with each other back then prediciting a sweep. BTW you didn't even post anything in NBA threads all year until now and you aren't much of a fan of the MAV's and have proven that over and over. Now don't you have someone to go steal 50 bucks from and welch on a bet?

05-06-2009, 05:36 PM
I'm guessing that Llama and yourself were in bed with each other back then prediciting a sweep. BTW you didn't even post anything in NBA threads all year until now and you aren't much of a fan of the MAV's and have proven that over and over. Now don't you have someone to go steal 50 bucks from and welch on a bet?

You're right, I'm not much of a fan. I watch about 15 regular season games. NBA regular season is pointless to me. I watch the playoffs, though.

bombay
05-06-2009, 05:52 PM
Well, if there's anything that can bring us all back together, it's the combined hatred for the b****ness of Chris Paul.

And Jay Cutler.

I don't hate Paul at all. He's the kind of guy you want representing your team or the league. One of the good guys.

I do really dislike the fact that he's develeping this rep as a flopper - actually he is in fact a flopper - and I hate that. It's horse**** that the league lets guys get away with that.

The Big E
05-06-2009, 06:07 PM
The King of Flopping...:wave:

http://lakersblog.latimes.com/lakersblog/images/2009/02/21/chris_paul_charge_on_derek_fisher.jpg
Why did everyone go off on Chris Paul flopping after this was posted? Isn't Fisher the one flopping here? I think he is one of the leaders in taking charges, and does tend to act it up.

Now that Floppy Divac is no longer in the league, I think Ginobili is the worst flopper (or best, depending on how you look at it).

BroncoBuff
05-06-2009, 06:19 PM
Tuesday night was such a wonderful night ... might've been the Nuggets ... might've been Jamesons on the rocks again and again. Actually it was both. Freaking glorious ... and then Barkley just gushing about the Nuggets on the postgame show.

Let's take care of business in Dallas ... and hopefully then it's on to the Lakers.

Ya figure Gasol might be susceptible to our tough-guy front court trio? Can't wait to see Dhantay on Kobe and the Birdman on Gasol ... just might get interesting ^5

24champ
05-06-2009, 06:50 PM
I hear Bynum is not in the starting lineup tonight. Good move by Zen Master, time to front Yao and pick up the tempo early in this game 2.

Luke Walton is back in uniform for tonight's game, but not sure how much he'll play.

bombay
05-06-2009, 06:58 PM
It's beginning to appear that Houston may be more dangerous than the ass rapist and his band of bozos. Houston is playing aggressive playoff defense and Yao is becomming the monster inside that he has always had the potential to be. They also have several good three point shooters to match the defense of Battier, Artest, Landry, and Scola. I guess we'll find out tonight if the league is actually going to let the Rockets play playoff defense or if they will revert to laker rules.

theAPAOps5
05-06-2009, 06:58 PM
Well Bynum has been non-existent all playoffs so might as well put him where he belongs until he gets his head straight again.

Moreno Knows Best
05-06-2009, 07:13 PM

It was meth.

It is kind of stupid for a Nuggets fan to give a Mav's fan crap about a player smoking pot. Every NBA team probably has several guys who use pot. Anderson might of mainly been on Coke but he was deep enough involved he probably did whatever was put in front of his face when you get that involved. Who really cares though good for him to get clean and grab a hold of his life and become a good basketball player and be a productive member of society.

True. All these guys blaze. Hell, most of the Broncos do too. Like one professional athlete once said to me: "Nobody in the league cares about pot, really. If you can smoke a joint and handle your business, they let you go. If you can't do that, though, if it becomes a problem, or you get into heavy drugs, then you are ****ed."

The Mavs/Nuggies chatter has been delightful though. I do fear, however, that we are about 10 more replies away from Airport smack. You've all been warned.

24champ
05-06-2009, 07:23 PM
Well Bynum has been non-existent all playoffs so might as well put him where he belongs until he gets his head straight again.

It has more to do with getting the transition game going, and start wearing out Yao asap. He can't run with the Lakers. Odom is quicker than Scola and Pau is quicker than Yao. It also creates matchup problems for the Rockets, Aldeman is going to have to figure out who Artest is going to guard. Scola cannot keep up with Odom, and he certainly can't guard Ariza.

Zen Master is forcing Houston to make adjustments.

Inkana7
05-06-2009, 07:43 PM
It has more to do with getting the transition game going, and start wearing out Yao asap. He can't run with the Lakers. Odom is quicker than Scola and Pau is quicker than Yao. It also creates matchup problems for the Rockets, Aldeman is going to have to figure out who Artest is going to guard. Scola cannot keep up with Odom, and he certainly can't guard Ariza.

Zen Master is forcing Houston to make adjustments.

Houston is in trouble if none of their players can keep up with any of the Lakers like you say they can't. A pity.

Man-Goblin
05-06-2009, 08:30 PM
Look at the Nugget buzz a blazin! I love it.

I do hope if they drop the next game or two in Dallas it doesn't go away. They will beat Dallas, in my opinion, but I still think it will take at least 6, or maybe 7 games. Hope I'm wrong, and if Howard doesn't come back effectively it could be a short series.

Dare I even start worrying about a long layoff hurting the Nuggets groove? Yes, I will. But it's the one between now and Sunday.

broncofan2438
05-06-2009, 08:40 PM
Look at the Nugget buzz a blazin! I love it.

I do hope if they drop the next game or two in Dallas it doesn't go away. They will beat Dallas, in my opinion, but I still think it will take at least 6, or maybe 7 games. Hope I'm wrong, and if Howard doesn't come back effectively it could be a short series.

Dare I even start worrying about a long layoff hurting the Nuggets groove? Yes, I will. But it's the one between now and Sunday.

I am a little worried about the long wait until game 3. Hopefully Billups and coach can keep this team focused. Going to be very tough in Dallas

Boobs McGee
05-06-2009, 08:56 PM
Thats The Way To Start A ****ing Playoff Game!!!! Lets Go Lake Show

Boobs McGee
05-06-2009, 08:57 PM
I think kobe came out a little pissed haha. 4 of 5 already

bombay
05-06-2009, 09:09 PM
The fakers need to figure out if they're going to put Houston away by the half so I don't have to stay up for the whole thing.

I'll be damned. Thought Walton was out for the entire post-season.

And how the hell does Joey Crawford have a job?

Man-Goblin
05-06-2009, 09:21 PM
The fakers need to figure out if they're going to put Houston away by the half so I don't have to stay up for the whole thing.

I'll be damned. Thought Walton was out for the entire post-season.

And how the hell does Joey Crawford have a job?

There is some sort of tenure for NBA refs even if they suck, or something.

bombay
05-06-2009, 09:27 PM
There is some sort of tenure for NBA refs even if they suck, or something.

Really? Stern should find a way to Ward Churchhill his ass.

TheChamp24
05-06-2009, 09:39 PM

Did the Lakers hit the snooze after that 1st quarter? lol
Rockets continuing their solid play.

theAPAOps5
05-06-2009, 09:39 PM

Oh oh lead gone not even half time. The FAKERS are in trouble. If Houston goes on to win this game then I officially pray for the Lakers to pull someting out because I want Denver to play the weaker of the 2. That just may be the Fakers.

I wonder if Kobe misses Shaq yet? Or wonders how his ass tastes?

bombay
05-06-2009, 09:44 PM
The fakers can't check.. uh, let me find his number... Carl Landry?

I'm tired. I think I'll just assume the lakers won and call it a night at the half.

SouthStndJunkie
05-06-2009, 09:44 PM
Let's go Rockets.

Man-Goblin
05-06-2009, 09:45 PM
Really? Stern should find a way to Ward Churchhill his ass.

Would never happen. That would mean the NBA would be admitting a mistake concerning their refs!

Say what you will about Scott Hastings, but the dude played a long time in the league. I remember, probably 15 years ago (shortly after he retired) stating on the KOA airwaves some serious accusations about Crawford. Way more candid than I'd ever heard someone talk about an official at my young age. Probably why it stuck with me.

Point is, the guy is incompotent and hot headed. He should have never have reffed another game after many on-court eruptions, and especially after the Duncan incident last year.

Boobs McGee
05-06-2009, 09:48 PM
Did the Lakers hit the snooze after that 1st quarter? lol
Rockets continuing their solid play.

**** i guess. I don't know what the hell we're doing right now. Actually, I do. Settling for effing jumpshots, not getting out in transition. ugh

bombay
05-06-2009, 09:51 PM
Would never happen. That would mean the NBA would be admitting a mistake concerning their refs!

Say what you will about Scott Hastings, but the dude played a long time in the league. I remember, probably 15 years ago (shortly after he retired) stating on the KOA airwaves some serious accusations about Crawford. Way more candid than I'd ever heard someone talk about an official at my young age. Probably why it stuck with me.

Point is, the guy is incompotent and hot headed. He should have never have reffed another game after many on-court eruptions, and especially after the Duncan incident last year.

I fully agree. He proved at that time that it's personal to him, and that makes it very difficult to officiate in a professional manner. Stern should never, ever have reinstated him. That was his opportunity to be rid of Crawford for good, and I'll never understand why he didn't take it. Maybe Crawford has some dirt on the league - gambling or something.

Boobs McGee
05-06-2009, 09:52 PM
carl landry huh?

spdirty
05-06-2009, 09:52 PM
Hey Lakers fan guess what...UH OH!!!! Ha!

Boobs McGee
05-06-2009, 09:55 PM
Hey Lakers fan guess what...UH OH!!!! Ha!

haha thank you carl lewis.

and p.s., wtf is up with these new "protected" miller light commercials? it's a ****ing CAP. freshness in, keeps air out eh? no ****. i thought that's what caps were for.

spdirty
05-06-2009, 09:57 PM
Starting to hope the Flakers can pull this series out of their asses somehow in 7 because I think the Rockets are a tougher matchup in the WCF.

TheManeMan
05-06-2009, 10:03 PM
WTF was Rafer Alston thinking?? Hilarious!

Moreno Knows Best
05-06-2009, 10:11 PM
Starting to hope the Flakers can pull this series out of their asses somehow in 7 because I think the Rockets are a tougher matchup in the WCF.

Even if that's true, you take HCA any way you can get it.

spdirty
05-06-2009, 10:22 PM
Even if that's true, you take HCA any way you can get it.

eh, in this case Ill take the better matchup.

broncofan2438
05-06-2009, 10:36 PM
Hate the Lakers

Boobs McGee
05-06-2009, 10:44 PM
haha fisher is ****ing awesome

eff all you haters

spdirty
05-06-2009, 10:45 PM
gettin nasty

bombay
05-06-2009, 10:46 PM
Stupid little ****er just cost his team two free throws plus the possession.

lol

TheManeMan
Fisher is a F*****!!

halfcreek

eff all you haters

Awesomely arseholish.
If kmart was hit for 25k what will fisher get?

spdirty
05-06-2009, 10:47 PM

eff all you haters

and he just got kicked out and will probably get suspended. :rofl:

Boobs McGee
05-06-2009, 10:49 PM
hopefully one game is all he gets. Courtney brown can fill in just fine. I'm glad it happened though because he sent a message, and hopefully it just got the rest of the lakers pumped.

Boobs McGee
05-06-2009, 10:50 PM
Awesomely arseholish.
If kmart was hit for 25k what will fisher get?

I'd say somewhere in the neighborhood of around 40:thumbsup:

TheManeMan
05-06-2009, 10:50 PM
The Broncos should pick him up and start him over Hillis at FB.

spdirty
05-06-2009, 10:51 PM
hopefully one game is all he gets. Courtney brown can fill in just fine. I'm glad it happened though because he sent a message, and hopefully it just got the rest of the lakers pumped.

yeah thug teams have to resort to cheap tactics to pump themselves up. Our boys get pumped by just playing hard and winning by double digits.:thumbsup:

Boobs McGee
05-06-2009, 10:51 PM
rofl

Boobs McGee
05-06-2009, 10:54 PM
yeah thug teams have to resort to cheap tactics to pump themselves up. Our boys get pumped by just playing hard and winning by double digits.:thumbsup:

riiiiiiight, tell that to kmart

bombay
05-06-2009, 10:56 PM

Shannon Brown?

You just knew it was a girl's name.

Ha!

TheManeMan
05-06-2009, 10:57 PM
http://www.3030fm.com/derekfisher.gif

Boobs McGee
05-06-2009, 10:57 PM
hahahah whoops, please don't let my pain pills get in the way :D

for some reason i was thinking dallas corner

spdirty
05-06-2009, 10:59 PM

Thats different. Dirk is one of those goofy bastards where you just look at him and you want to grab him by the hair and throw him as far as you can...wait a minute...Scola is like that too.

Broncosfreak_56
05-06-2009, 11:01 PM

That was the point smart one. Laker fans critisize it when other team do something like that, but when a laker does it, its "effing awesome!!".thwack

Boobs McGee
05-06-2009, 11:01 PM
Thats different. Dirk is a guy where you just look at him and you want to grab him by the hair and throw him as far as you can...wait a minute...Scola is like that too.

lol very true, i HATE.... H A T E dirk. so that was a little more acceptable. I'm not saying what fish did was classy, but it was just what we needed. Effed up logic I know :D

Boobs McGee
05-06-2009, 11:04 PM
That was the point smart one. Laker fans critisize it when other team do something like that, but when a laker does it, its "effing awesome!!".thwack

I think you misunderstood me :D I said it was awesome, dirty said they the nuggs didn't need that same stuff to get pumped up, and I pointed out Kmarts foul. I liked it as well, thought it did the same thing...got you guys riled up

Boobs McGee
05-06-2009, 11:05 PM
there is going to be a LOT of money getting doled out by players after tonight's game

spdirty
05-06-2009, 11:06 PM
well, Kobe now catches Artest with an elbow to the throat and Artest gets kicked out. Wish Artest would grab Gasols hair and put his foot in his ass for good measure. Or just rip that annoying ass hair out.

broncofan2438
05-06-2009, 11:07 PM
Looks like the fakers came to play ball

TheManeMan
24 throwing a hidden elbow??...baaaaaaaah, that never happens!!

Poor Ron, got kicked out for standing up to a BS call!

Boobs McGee
well, Kobe now catches Artest with an elbow to the throat and Artest gets kicked out. Wish Artest would grab Gasols hair and put his foot in his ass for good measure.

hahahahaaa

Broncosfreak_56
05-06-2009, 11:08 PM
I think you misunderstood me :D I said it was awesome, dirty said they the nuggs didn't need that same stuff to get pumped up, and I pointed out Kmarts foul. I liked it as well, thought it did the same thing...got you guys riled up

Oh, You weren't the laker fan that calls the nuggets cheap. Nevermind, it was one of the other ones. I think being physical fouls definitely send a message if done at the right time.

Boobs McGee
05-06-2009, 11:09 PM
unfortunately, this is the kind of inconsitent officiating that effs games up. It's that whole tit for tat b.s. We kicked out one of their guys, now we kick out one of your guys. NBA reffing sucks.

Boobs McGee
05-06-2009, 11:11 PM
Oh, You weren't the laker fan that calls the nuggets cheap. Nevermind, it was one of the other ones. I think being physical fouls definitely send a message if done at the right time.

No no no, I LOVE the nuggs...I'm pulling for the finals matchup (which I quoted at the beginning of the thread btw :D )

That second part is what I'm talking about. Being physical can really change the momentum in a game. Not saying the nuggs really NEEDED it at that time, but it was early and it definitely helped put a bit MORE of a fire under there ass.

Lake show needed SOMETHING to get em goin, and I say kudos to fish

Boobs McGee
05-06-2009, 11:17 PM
****ing ooped it to himself off the glass. SICK! KO BE

enjolras
05-06-2009, 11:17 PM
That off the backboard play Kobe just made was incredible...

Broncosfreak_56
05-06-2009, 11:19 PM
That off the backboard play Kobe just made was incredible...

I believed he traveled twice during it. You are not allowed to rebound the ball if it doesn't hit the rim(I think). And he took a couple steps to get out from Battier's defense. Other than that, yeah it was.