PDA

View Full Version : The Official 2009 NBA Playoffs Thread (M)

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

TheChamp24
04-25-2009, 12:35 PM
Man, Nuggets throwing up bricks now on offense.
A ton of good looks but not hitting anything. Plus the poor free throw shooting.
Wow lol

Broncosfreak_56
04-25-2009, 12:57 PM
Well, Nuggz played like **** and almost won. We need to be better offensively next game and I like our chances to finish it in 5.

Kaylore
04-25-2009, 01:02 PM
That was a close game, but we looked sloppy. I think it was our team being at 10:00 AM physically. It sucks because Melo could have won it twice. If they're going to focus on defending Chauncey then we need more from Melo. He needs to be more clutch than he has.

Man-Goblin
04-25-2009, 01:05 PM
Melo usually hits that shot in the key to win it. And if the half courter goes it becomes an all-timer.

Anyway, I didn't think they would win this one. Game 4 is the one they have to go and get.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
04-26-2009, 11:16 PM
:~ohyah!: Look at the FG%. Lebron shoots 10% better than Kobe.

We all know Kobe shoots a lot of shots. That doesn't make him great.

LeBron is also much higher in rebounds, assists, and surprisingly, 3 point shooting percentage.

LeBron > Kobe.

Ha! ROFL!

What a joke that is.

LBJ puts up those kind of numbers because he has to.

The Lakers have more players who are legit scoring threats than the Cavs, so Kobe can play facilitator and distribute the ball more than LBJ. The triangle offense is predicated on ball movement and player movement.

If you don't understand that Kobe can hang >40 PPG anytime he feels like it then you're living under a rock.

lex
04-26-2009, 11:18 PM
Im kind of bitter we went to the Thursday Bulls-Celtics game and not todays. What a game though.

lex
04-26-2009, 11:20 PM
Ha! ROFL!

What a joke that is.

The Lakers have more players who are legit scoring threats than the Cavs, so Kobe can play facilitator and distribute the ball more than LBJ. The triangle offense is predicated on ball movement and player movement.

If you don't understand that Kobe can hang >40 PPG anytime he feels like it then you're living under a rock.

This is a really poor rebuttal. The guy throws a meaningful stat in your face which is that Kobe's scoring is a function of shooting a lot (not scoring more efficiently) and youre rebuttal is that Kobe can take a lot more shots any night he wants.

WTF

Boobs McGee
04-27-2009, 05:14 PM
The nuggs aren't in HD tonight????? Only place I can find them on comcast is altitude...anybody else having this problem?

Inkana7
04-27-2009, 05:40 PM
This is a really poor rebuttal. The guy throws a meaningful stat in your face which is that Kobe's scoring is a function of shooting a lot (not scoring more efficiently) and youre rebuttal is that Kobe can take a lot more shots any night he wants.

WTF

Thank you. Although he does make a point that Kobe can be more of a distributor than LeBro-....Oh, wait. Nevermind. That's not true at all.

spdirty
04-27-2009, 06:06 PM
20 point lead, lets get it to 30, not blow it.

Boobs McGee
04-27-2009, 06:09 PM
anybody, anybody? HD?

azbroncfan
04-27-2009, 06:29 PM
Ha! ROFL!

What a joke that is.

What is the excuse for Kobe when he had similar talent around him a couple years ago that was like the Finals team that Lebron took there? Kobe was so good when it was the Kobe show he about got shipped out of town.

cutthemdown
04-27-2009, 06:58 PM
What is the excuse for Kobe when he had similar talent around him a couple years ago that was like the Finals team that Lebron took there? Kobe was so good when it was the Kobe show he about got shipped out of town.

Kobe haters abound and trying to compare great players like trying to argue what is better between a blow job and sex. Both are great, lucky to have both, both can take you to the finals!!!!!!!!

spdirty
04-27-2009, 07:07 PM
anybody, anybody? HD?

NBATV and Altitude are the stations that carry it, dont know who might have HD. Dont really care bout HD right now, just that the Nugs win.

BTW, 26 point lead. :)

spdirty
04-27-2009, 07:12 PM
This bltch is OVER! 31 point lead. !Booya!

RhymesayersDU
04-27-2009, 07:23 PM
NBATV and Altitude are the stations that carry it, dont know who might have HD. Dont really care bout HD right now, just that the Nugs win.

BTW, 26 point lead. :)

Yeah it's complete bull****. NBATV won't show you the game if you get Altitude. And Altitude doesn't show away games in HD.

I understand regular season, it might be costly to get HD for every game... But playoffs should all be in HD.

broncofan2438
04-27-2009, 07:24 PM
Dang.....Nuggs plowing it on the Hornets

SouthStndJunkie
04-27-2009, 07:33 PM
Kicking some ass on the road tonight.

spdirty
04-27-2009, 07:35 PM
damn! 39 point lead headin into the 4th...hell might not even have to watch the 4th, start watchin 24.

SouthStndJunkie
04-27-2009, 07:36 PM
The Nuggets needed a big win on the road.

This series did not need to get tied up 2-2.

enjolras
04-27-2009, 07:36 PM
I'm willing to put some money down on a Nuggets win in game four...

Man-Goblin
04-27-2009, 07:39 PM
Mercy rule!

Kid A
04-27-2009, 07:48 PM
Dear god, they might double them up. Hilarious. Looks like we'll get over the first round hump in a couple days.

Broncosfreak_56
04-27-2009, 07:49 PM
50 freaking point lead. WOW.

spdirty
04-27-2009, 07:49 PM
50 point lead!!!

spdirty
04-27-2009, 07:55 PM
NBA Playoff record for a blowout is 58. Right now we have a 56 point lead and Petro is shooting 2.

Broncosfreak_56
04-27-2009, 07:55 PM
Doubled up.

watermock
04-27-2009, 07:59 PM
Doubled up.

And I can't find the game...

Memento
04-27-2009, 08:01 PM
And I can't find the game...

Neither can N.O.

Dagmar
04-27-2009, 08:02 PM
Neither can N.O.

ROFL! ROFL! ROFL!

BroncoBuff
04-27-2009, 08:04 PM
Nuggets have doubled the Hornets .... 111-55, 4 minutes left .....

Has doubling a score ever happened in NBA Playoffs? Maybe in the old black and white days, but I cabn't imagine in the modern era ...

spdirty
04-27-2009, 08:07 PM
By God!!!

Kid A
04-27-2009, 08:08 PM
Tied the record (if it is 58). So close to getting the double. Oh well, there's always game 5.

broncofan2438
04-27-2009, 08:08 PM
HAHAHAHA.....Awesome...Go Nuggs!!!!! Be scared Lakers.....very scared

Broncosfreak_56
04-27-2009, 08:09 PM
Awesome game. Nuggets play like that every game and they win it all.

BroncoBuff
04-27-2009, 08:12 PM
Final:

Denver 121
NO 63

...... not quite double .....

watermock
04-27-2009, 08:17 PM
I know NO is hobbled but damn.

That's some defense.

Dutch
04-27-2009, 08:20 PM
Best all round game I've ever seen out of the Nuggets. Finish this on Wed night (do the double). Get ready for round 2. love the #2 seed right now, Nugs in the Western conf finals. Cool. George is smiling his head off right now on NBA network. Said he has never had a defense play as well as the Nuggets played tonight. One of the most rewarding wins of his career.

BroncoDoug
04-27-2009, 08:21 PM
Wow! What a game! If this Nuggets team can put it all together like this against tougher opponents they can go as far as they want

Kaylore
04-27-2009, 08:27 PM
So who let the High School team in tonight? Tied for highest margin of victory in what, sixty years? Hilarious! I've never seen a basketball team dominate like that in the playoffs - EVER. ^5

BroncoBuff
04-27-2009, 08:28 PM
Best all round game I've ever seen out of the Nuggets. Finish this on Wed night (do the double). Get ready for round 2.

It'll be our first playoff series win since ....

errrr ....

1994 ::)

RhymesayersDU
04-27-2009, 08:29 PM
I wouldn't get too excited.

The Nuggets won't play that good again, and the Hornets/Mavericks/Lakers won't play that poorly again.

I'm happy as a pig in **** that they won, but let's not go nuts. Any time these 30, 40+ games happen, it's an anomaly.

I don't want to be a total buzzkill, so hooray I'm pretty sure we're making it out of the first round this year!

Dutch
04-27-2009, 08:35 PM

The Nuggets won't play that good again, and the Hornets/Mavericks/Lakers won't play that poorly again.

I'm happy as a pig in **** that they won, but let's not go nuts. Any time these 30, 40+ games happen, it's an anomaly.

I don't want to be a total buzzkill, so hooray I'm pretty sure we're making it out of the first round this year!

Whatever. They won the first one by what, 30? The second they were up by 25 with 3 min left. They had it by 25 in game 3 and got loose. Almost DOUBLED up an NBA team in the playoffs! Whatever Buzzkill. They will kick the crud out of the Mavs and may give the Fakers a pretty good series. The NBA officials will make sure that LA wins for their dream matchup between Kobe and LaBron. I still think the Nuggs will push them to 6 or 7. Mavs....pfffft. Not this year, Nuggs have figured it out.

RhymesayersDU
04-27-2009, 08:37 PM
Yeah, I am being a buzzkill. Which is lame on my part. But we simply can't expect this every night.

The Nuggies are clearly better than the Hornets. 58 points better? Eh, well, I don't know. And I agree I think they have a great shot at the WCF.

I'd even go as far to say that maybe they could push the Lakeshow to 5 or 6.

Los Broncos
04-27-2009, 08:38 PM
58 points blowout? are you kidding me! how is that even possible?

NO just quit plain and simple.

Dutch
04-27-2009, 08:47 PM
Yeah, I am being a buzzkill. Which is lame on my part. But we simply can't expect this every night.

The Nuggies are clearly better than the Hornets. 58 points better? Eh, well, I don't know. And I agree I think they have a great shot at the WCF.

I'd even go as far to say that maybe they could push the Lakeshow to 5 or 6.

Hilarious! Yeah, I'm throwing the Lame flag on ya'. Don't worry about the expecting part, enjoy the accomplishment! That was one of the finest all round efforts I've ever seen out of the Nuggs. I do believe we will kill them on Wed night. The crowd should be awesome at The Can. Bet they win by 20+.

BroncoDoug
04-27-2009, 08:55 PM
its total meltdown mode at the hornets forums... not quite like here though

watermock
04-27-2009, 09:07 PM
NBA refs will make sure it's Kobe vs. LBJ.

It's a shame, cause I think we can beat Kobetown.

Knock the white guy around, make Kobe score 40+.

24champ
04-27-2009, 09:22 PM
Looks like it will be a Nuggs vs Lakers WCF....this will be fun!

enjolras
04-27-2009, 09:32 PM
We just need the Mavs to finish off the spurs. The Nuggets match up VERY well with the Mavericks.

spdirty
04-27-2009, 09:35 PM
We just need the Mavs to finish off the spurs. The Nuggets match up VERY well with the Mavericks.

Hope the Sterns win Game 5 first though.

TDmvp
04-27-2009, 09:39 PM
I wish someone would deport Sasha Vujacic .

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SdkKwkp3Cp8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SdkKwkp3Cp8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Boobs McGee
04-27-2009, 10:16 PM
i wish people would stop making excuses for the lakers/nuggs series already.

Boobs McGee
04-27-2009, 10:20 PM
and p.s. SLOPPY FINISH AGAIN tonight boys, let em back in from twenty two up. ****. quit playin d, started gettin lazy with passes, takin lazy shots....It almost seems like we haven't really woken up for the playoffs yet :( Lamar was huge tonight (nice to see him have a really confident shooting night), Kobe's D was tenacious, hope bynum can get back into a rythm in the next week. Series, over. Have fun watchin from your couch boozehound.

and p.P.s, nuggs, you played ****ing AWESOME tonight!!!!!!! close that **** out

Paladin
04-27-2009, 10:23 PM
Let's not go all nutty here. This was an impressive win, but I heard that Paul had hurt his knee on Saturday, and he is the player that makes that team play. Also, Chandler was hurt. So the Nugg won and I am happy with that. But there were a few extenuating circumstances.

I wonder if the other 58 point spread was a home game or a road game. Big difference...

24champ
04-27-2009, 10:39 PM
Played like crap in the end of the 4th...I think the Lakers overlooked the Jazz the whole series somewhat.

Kaylore
04-27-2009, 10:47 PM

Gee, way to go out on a limb there considering the last time this happened was over half a century ago.

RhymesayersDU
04-28-2009, 06:16 AM
Gee, way to go out on a limb there considering the last time this happened was over half a century ago.

Well you'd think it'd be common sense, but scroll up. There's talk of going all the way, going as far as they want if they play like this every night, etc.

I'm as excited as the next Nuggs fan, truly I am... But let's not get nuts.

Man-Goblin
04-28-2009, 06:51 AM
Rhyme is right to an extent; there is still an incendiary quality to the Nuggets. And I'm not just talking about the potential to do something crazy on the court (although, there is that too). The streaky nature of A LOT of key players means they can blow up, positively or negatively, at any time. We haven't seen it nearly as much this year, probably because of Chauncey and the subtraction of Iverson, but it's still there.

Once they dispose of the Hornets, they'll probably be the most likely team left to win another game by 58. But they'll also be the most likely team to lose one.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
04-28-2009, 02:22 PM
Thank you. Although he does make a point that Kobe can be more of a distributor than LeBro-....Oh, wait. Nevermind. That's not true at all.

How is it not true?

And it's not whether he can - it's whether he actually is or not.

Los Broncos
04-28-2009, 02:24 PM
Lakers better watch it, they cant afford to blow leads late in games and expect to win the title.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
04-28-2009, 02:29 PM
and p.s. of COURSE his complete stat sheet is going to be better than Kobe's. He has a ****ty team, and everybody relies on him to get that triple double. Your getting the whole "mvp" hunt mixed up with talent I think

Ding ding ding! :yep:

Amazing how blind Kobe hatred prevents so many people here from acknowledging this simple fact.

Los Broncos
04-28-2009, 02:34 PM
Without James, Cleveland doesn't make the playoffs.

Lakers without Kobe still make the playoffs, probably a 6-7 seed.

Winner - James

24champ
04-28-2009, 02:43 PM
Kobe Bryant - Los Angeles Lakers: It would take a massive injury or total collapse for Kobe's stock to fall and the Lakers have been preparing themselves for the inevitable. Kobe is going to opt out this summer and the Lakers will have to back up the other Brink's truck to his house and there is little that is going to effect that. Sources close to Bryant say that while Kobe is eligible for a deal in the $24 million per year range he may help the Lakers out if it means keeping Trevor Ariza and Lamar Odom in town, so expect Kobe's next deal to be slightly less than most are projecting, a deal that averages $18 to $20 million seems like where things are headed, and Kobe opting out means almost nothing in the grand scheme.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?STORY_ID=12430

ohiobronco2
04-28-2009, 04:53 PM
How is it not true?

And it's not whether he can - it's whether he actually is or not.

Just curious. Are you trying to say Kobe is a better passer and has better court vision than Lebron?

Inkana7
04-28-2009, 05:49 PM
Just curious. Are you trying to say Kobe is a better passer and has better court vision than Lebron?

That's pretty much what he's saying. And it makes me laugh every time I see it.

Broncosfreak_56
04-28-2009, 06:05 PM
I can't believe the Bulls are ahead this late in the game.

spdirty
04-28-2009, 06:42 PM
Man this is an entertaining series.

Broncosfreak_56
04-28-2009, 06:43 PM
Another OT. Wow.

TheManeMan
04-28-2009, 07:04 PM
The Truth came thru!

Broncosfreak_56
04-28-2009, 07:04 PM
Man, Pierce is automatic from the elbow.

lex
04-28-2009, 07:15 PM
Wow, that was cheap. Some needs to break Rondos face the next game.

TDmvp
04-28-2009, 07:38 PM
Wow, that was cheap. Some needs to break Rondos face the next game.

Not sure i'd say cheap ... unfortunate yes ... He obviously ment to hit him to disrupt the shot . I doubt he thought I'm going to try to hurt this guy .

And yea BroncosFreak Paul is way automatic from that spot ...

I remember Hoping many teams would beat M.J.'s Bulls and him coming down to his spot over and over and no matter if you played him perfect it was going in and you felt helpless ... Paul is like that from that spot "some" nights .

Fing M.J. Hilarious! Grrrrrr get angry just thinking about him .

lex
04-28-2009, 07:43 PM
Not sure i'd say cheap ... unfortunate yes ... He obviously ment to hit him to disrupt the shot . I doubt he thought I'm going to try to hurt this guy .

And yea BroncosFreak Paul is way automatic from that spot ...

I remember Hoping many teams would beat M.J.'s Bulls and him coming down to his spot over and over and no matter if you played him perfect it was going in and you felt helpless ... Paul is like that from that spot "some" nights .

Fing M.J. Hilarious! Grrrrrr get angry just thinking about him .
That was a flagrant foul. It was a cheap win. Chicago should have had the ball after Millers free throws that he had to receive stitches before shooting. The win was cheap. But why should that matter, the officiating has been garbage most of the series. This is one of the reasons the NBA has a bad rep.

Northman
04-28-2009, 07:44 PM
All i know is the Blazers need to get a win tonight to extend their series. Just turrible.

TDmvp
04-28-2009, 07:45 PM
And Lex if someone's face was to be broke I pray it's Sasha Vujacic or at least maybe some light water boarding hehe ...

But really no one needs to get all Ron Artest violent over it .

It's just basketball ...

TDmvp
04-28-2009, 07:47 PM
That was a flagrant foul. It was a cheap win. Chicago should have had the ball after Millers free throws that he had to receive stitches before shooting. The win was cheap. But why should that matter, the officiating has been garbage most of the series. This is one of the reasons the NBA has a bad rep.

Stitches before shooting ? I didn't see that ...

But I agree with a lot of that ... The rules and the refs and what is called and what isn't makes basketball about unwatchable ...

lex
04-28-2009, 07:52 PM
And Lex if someone's face was to be broke I pray it's Sasha Vujacic or at least maybe some light water boarding hehe ...

But really no one needs to get all Ron Artest violent over it .

It's just basketball ...

No, its absolutely necessary. Someone needs to rub someones face in the fact that they botched that call in the last game and if theyre going to miss that call, someone is going to take it into their own hands. Thats why flagrant fouls exist...to curb payback, and they blew it.

BTW, the local guys are trashing Garnett for being a trashtalking frontrunner. And Garnett is from Chicago. Broncos fans arent the only ones who eat their own.

Beantown Bronco
04-28-2009, 08:03 PM
Quit crying. Hit a freakin free throw and none of this is an issue.

lex
04-28-2009, 08:09 PM
Quit crying. Hit a freakin free throw and none of this is an issue.

It is an issue. The guy had to receive stitches before shooting free throws. WTH. Besides, the referees still have a job to do and they failed. So it is an issue.

HEAV
04-28-2009, 08:19 PM
Celtics got away with more than a few fouls in the first Q.

Grant the young Bulls choked late in the 4th, they still have given the Celtics 4 games worth of frustration with the one blowout. Even if the Celtics win the series, they have been wounded and won't make the finals.

ohiobronco2
04-28-2009, 08:25 PM
That's pretty much what he's saying. And it makes me laugh every time I see it.

Frankly, I think his court vision and passing ability is what seperates him from just about everybody else. He has point guard abilities with a PF body. While Bryant is talented, this is one area where James is far superior.

Inkana7
04-29-2009, 10:09 AM
Frankly, I think his court vision and passing ability is what seperates him from just about everybody else. He has point guard abilities with a PF body. While Bryant is talented, this is one area where James is far superior.

Plus he actually WANTS to pass the ball. The last time Kobe decided to get his team involved was Game 7 of the 2006 playoffs against the Suns when he basically decided to not play to show the world how crappy his team was.

broncofan2438
04-29-2009, 02:18 PM
Go Nuggets!!!!!!!!!

OABB
04-29-2009, 02:31 PM
Plus he actually WANTS to pass the ball. The last time Kobe decided to get his team involved was Game 7 of the 2006 playoffs against the Suns when he basically decided to not play to show the world how crappy his team was.

wow.

lex
04-29-2009, 02:34 PM
At this point, Im done. After last night, there seems to be little point to even bother watching the NBA. The officiating kills its credibility. You have Stern who is an overt Celtics homer making decisions accordingly. Lame.

Inkana7
04-29-2009, 03:37 PM
wow.

So what's your excuse for that game?

TonyR
04-29-2009, 03:49 PM
Shout outs to two Nuggets from Simmons today.

Q: Who is the most underrated player in the playoffs?

Dahntay Jones. Totally underrated. Premier defender, agitator and chemistry guy. Takes nothing off the table. Even came up with a new spelling for "Dante." I like everything I'm seeing. I'd pick Perkins second, Aaron Brooks third and Tyson Chandler last. Three other guys worth mentioning while we're here:

Kirk Hinrich: Played so well on both ends that I'm now moving him into that Jason Terry/Mo Williams "We got overpaid and teams were afraid to trade for us, and maybe we let it affect us a little, but we remained talented, and as soon as our situations turned a little and our teams improved, we made a comeback; now everyone feels absolutely stupid for not trading for us when they could have had us for 40 cents on the dollar" group. Hinrich makes $10 million this season and $26.5 million total over the next three. That's not a fair price? How could the Blazers not make a run at him when they're trotting out that hideous combo of Steve Blake and Sergio Rodriguez? This bugs me

Lamar Odom: The player we always wanted him to become. Can't say enough about him. The remaining 71 Clipper fans will now light themselves on fire.

Kenyon Martin: Like Kidd, he reinvented himself as a complementary player (in this case, an energy guy and defensive stopper) and absolutely wiped out David West in Round 1. The K-Mart versus Nowitzki matchup might be the single best matchup of Round 2 -- a sneering stopper trying to shut down a sneering shooter for seven games. And if you look at Dirk's history against physical, trash-talking, in-your-face guys with tattoos (see: Stephen Jackson and Matt Barnes in 2007), it's not great. Stay tuned.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/090429&sportCat=nba

broncofan2438
04-29-2009, 04:03 PM
Shout outs to two Nuggets from Simmons today.

Q: Who is the most underrated player in the playoffs?

Dahntay Jones. Totally underrated. Premier defender, agitator and chemistry guy. Takes nothing off the table. Even came up with a new spelling for "Dante." I like everything I'm seeing. I'd pick Perkins second, Aaron Brooks third and Tyson Chandler last. Three other guys worth mentioning while we're here:

Kirk Hinrich: Played so well on both ends that I'm now moving him into that Jason Terry/Mo Williams "We got overpaid and teams were afraid to trade for us, and maybe we let it affect us a little, but we remained talented, and as soon as our situations turned a little and our teams improved, we made a comeback; now everyone feels absolutely stupid for not trading for us when they could have had us for 40 cents on the dollar" group. Hinrich makes $10 million this season and $26.5 million total over the next three. That's not a fair price? How could the Blazers not make a run at him when they're trotting out that hideous combo of Steve Blake and Sergio Rodriguez? This bugs me

Lamar Odom: The player we always wanted him to become. Can't say enough about him. The remaining 71 Clipper fans will now light themselves on fire.

Kenyon Martin: Like Kidd, he reinvented himself as a complementary player (in this case, an energy guy and defensive stopper) and absolutely wiped out David West in Round 1. The K-Mart versus Nowitzki matchup might be the single best matchup of Round 2 -- a sneering stopper trying to shut down a sneering shooter for seven games. And if you look at Dirk's history against physical, trash-talking, in-your-face guys with tattoos (see: Stephen Jackson and Matt Barnes in 2007), it's not great. Stay tuned.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/090429&sportCat=nba

Nice....Go Nuggets!!!

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
04-29-2009, 05:21 PM
Interesting stats for all the LBJ front runners on this board...

Lebron hasn't done as well as he usually does against good teams this season:

10/28 - @Boston - L - 9/21 shooting - 22 points, 7 rebounds, 6 assists
01/09 - Boston - W - 13/25 shooting - 38 points, 7 rebounds, 6 assists
01/19 - @Lakers - L - 9/25 shooting - 23 points, 9 rebounds, 4 assists
01/29 - @Orlando - L - 10/27 shooting - 23 points, 8 rebounds, 8 assists
02/08 - Lakers - L - 5/20 shooting - 16 points, 8 rebounds, 12 assists
03/06 - @Boston - L - 5/15 shooting - 21 points, 6 rebounds, 5 assists
03/17 - Orlando - W - 15/27 shooting - 43 points, 12 rebounds, 8 assists
04/03 - @Orlando - L - 7/20 shooting - 26 points, 9 rebounds, 5 assists

Wins:
28/52 - 54% shooting
40.5 ppg, 9.5 rebounds, 7 assists

Losses:
45/128 - 35% shooting
21.8 ppg, 7.8 rebounds, 6.7 assists

Overall:
2-6 record
73/180 - 40.6% shooting
26.5 ppg, 8.3 rpg, 6.8 apg

This is from the February game against the Lakers:

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/3333/lebronze.jpg

I don't think it's easy to see how they beat us at all - sorry. Force LBJ outside and we destroy them. I think they're a highly overrated team playing in a far inferior conference with a padded record. Just what I see. The league coddles LBJ to no end. Shoot, they're thinking of changing the rules for him........gimme a break. I've never seen a league so desperate to anoint a new leader and basically just force a championship down our throats. LBJ is a tremendous player, but he's a linebacker who barrels his way into the lane, initiates most contact, and then has the ability to get it done. Great player, but we can contain him, no doubt.

Inkana7
04-29-2009, 05:36 PM
No doubt. With the way the Lakers give up 30+ points every 4th quarter to a team far inferior to the Cavs, they should have no problem handling LeBron.

MVP.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
04-29-2009, 05:42 PM
No doubt. With the way the Lakers give up 30+ points every 4th quarter to a team far inferior to the Cavs, they should have no problem handling LeBron.

MVP.

The Lakers don't tend to do that sort of thing as often when they are challenged by a quality opponent.

Plus, in the vast majority of those 4th quarters, the Lakers have gone on to win the game (which is all that matters.)

Inkana7
04-29-2009, 05:47 PM
The Lakers don't tend to do that sort of thing as often when they are challenged by a quality opponent.

I've seen nothing from L.A.'s defense all year that would inspire any sort of confidence if I were you.

I've been saying it all year, Phil and his gang are so enamored by their offense, and no doubt, it's probably the best in the NBA, they they are either not motivated enough to play defense, or just aren't very good at it. L.A.'s game is dictated by their opponent, and has been the entire season. They seem to me to be an incredibly talented and mentally weak team.

Psst. That's not good.

Los Broncos
04-29-2009, 05:53 PM
Complete BS call on Wade! he was going after the ball...

24champ
04-29-2009, 05:56 PM
I've seen nothing from L.A.'s defense all year that would inspire any sort of confidence if I were you.

I've been saying it all year, Phil and his gang are so enamored by their offense, and no doubt, it's probably the best in the NBA, they they are either not motivated enough to play defense, or just aren't very good at it. L.A.'s game is dictated by their opponent, and has been the entire season. They seem to me to be an incredibly talented and mentally weak team.

Psst. That's not good.

For a "mentally weak" team, I'd say they did pretty well against the Cavs at their place, with Kobe having flu like symptoms and Lamar Odom turning it on. Plus we didn't have Shannon Brown and Bynum at the time either, so I am not worried about the Cavs at all. We've beaten them on their home court before, and we will do it again.

Inkana7
04-29-2009, 06:12 PM
For a "mentally weak" team, I'd say they did pretty well against the Cavs at their place, with Kobe having flu like symptoms and Lamar Odom turning it on. Plus we didn't have Shannon Brown and Bynum at the time either, so I am not worried about the Cavs at all. We've beaten them on their home court before, and we will do it again.

If you're depending on Shannon Brown for anything other than a nice dunk every 24 games or so, there are problems.

You're also forgetting that we'll have more than 3 regular starters for the Finals. Delonte and Z missed the first two meetings. They're kinda important. Plus Joe Smith turned back the clock about 26 years this postseason.

24champ
04-29-2009, 06:17 PM

Wins:
28/52 - 54% shooting

Losses:
45/128 - 35% shooting

Overall:
2-6 record
73/180 - 40.6% shooting

I don't think it's easy to see how they beat us at all - sorry. Force LBJ outside and we destroy them. I think they're a highly overrated team playing in a far inferior conference with a padded record. Just what I see. The league coddles LBJ to no end. Shoot, they're thinking of changing the rules for him........gimme a break. I've never seen a league so desperate to anoint a new leader and basically just force a championship down our throats. LBJ is a tremendous player, but he's a linebacker who barrels his way into the lane, initiates most contact, and then has the ability to get it done. Great player, but we can contain him, no doubt.

http://i39.tinypic.com/29awmj4.gif

24champ
04-29-2009, 06:25 PM
If you're depending on Shannon Brown for anything other than a nice dunk every 24 games or so, there are problems.

He contributes off the bench quite often, and he is pretty good on defense. Which will be an improvement over Farmer and don't have to depend on Fisher for a whole game...

You're also forgetting that we'll have more than 3 regular starters for the Finals. Delonte and Z missed the first two meetings. They're kinda important. Plus Joe Smith turned back the clock about 26 years this postseason.

Like I said, I am not really worried about facing the Cavs. The fact they are playing some weak competition lately isn't really impressive to me.

broncofan2438
04-29-2009, 09:11 PM
Cmon Nuggs, pull your head out and put this series away

Dutch
04-29-2009, 09:57 PM
Sweeeeeeeet! Getting out of the first round tonight. Look out Dork, here we come!

SouthStndJunkie
04-29-2009, 09:58 PM
It's sweet to see the Nuggets finally get over the first round playoff hump.

SouthStndJunkie
04-29-2009, 09:59 PM
Detroit....thanks again for trading us Chauncey.

broncofan2438
04-29-2009, 10:09 PM
So Sweeeeeeeet! Nuggs baby! Smith is gonna kill teams down the stretch if he can settle down a bit. Melo tore it up....and Billups keeps this team calm. Watch out Fakers....were coming for ya. Kobe....when you get to Colorado please don't rape a chick

Dudeskey
04-29-2009, 10:10 PM
Detroit....thanks again for trading us Chauncey.

Amen to that, brother...

24champ
04-29-2009, 10:12 PM
So Sweeeeeeeet! Nuggs baby! Smith is gonna kill teams down the stretch if he can settle down a bit. Melo tore it up....and Billups keeps this team calm. Watch out Fakers....were coming for ya. Kobe....when you get to Colorado please don't rape a chick

Funny...first series you a-holes have won since 1994 and you act like you can beat the Lakers.Ha!

Eldorado
04-29-2009, 10:14 PM
Is it me, or did our nugs just ACT like a 2nd seed and ****ing wax a team in the first round?

SouthStndJunkie
04-29-2009, 10:16 PM
Nuggets win 107-86.

Kaylore
04-29-2009, 10:23 PM
Great job, Nuggets. After they quit stepping on their ***** in the first half they relaxed and really put on a great show today. Congrats on winning a series! Let's take out the Mavs!

Paladin
04-29-2009, 10:34 PM
Funny...first series you a-holes have won since 1994 and you act like you can beat the Lakers.Ha!

Why not? Fakers did not play well in Utah. Even the game they won there, they did not play well. I hope Houston knocks the snot out of the Fakers.....

Nuggets have Mavs. That could be an interesting series.....

TDmvp
04-29-2009, 10:38 PM

http://withmalice.files.wordpress.com/2007/06/kobe1.jpg
:Whaaaa!: :Whaaaa!: :Whaaaa!:

24champ
04-29-2009, 10:57 PM
Why not? Fakers did not play well in Utah.

Hilarious! We played a tougher team in Utah, you guys got a injury riddled Hornets.

Like I said I am looking forward to the matchup if you guys get past the Mavs, because then reality will settle in...just like in 84-85'. :thumbs:

TDmvp
04-29-2009, 11:02 PM
Ron Artest ...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/l8lO3bgTZvA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/l8lO3bgTZvA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/agT2GVNQjao&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/agT2GVNQjao&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nfHOQAT0-Mk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nfHOQAT0-Mk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Man-Goblin
04-29-2009, 11:02 PM
Congratulations to the Nuggets. Don't believe the hype, though. It's going to be a tough series against the Mavs. Barkley saying Nuggets in 5 to me sounds quite ridiculous. The Nuggets simply won't be able to wear them down with their bench the way they could against the happless Hornets.

I'm thinking Nuggets in 7, but we will see. If Dirk plays like playoff Dirk it could be shorter. Martin is going to be ALL over him, and he has a history of not responding well to adversity.

Jori
04-29-2009, 11:14 PM
Just got home from Game 5....awesome feeling. I'm just going to enjoy this until Sunday. Go Nuggets!

Bronco X
04-29-2009, 11:23 PM
Has any team ever beaten another team in the playoffs after having been swept by them in the regular season through 4 games?

TheChamp24
04-30-2009, 05:10 AM

Wins:
28/52 - 54% shooting

Losses:
45/128 - 35% shooting

Overall:
2-6 record
73/180 - 40.6% shooting

Of course the losses his numbers will be down. That can be expected.
I also think it is funny how you Laker fans think Cleveland is some overrated team you'll roll through in the Finals with. Lebron James is the best player in the NBA, ahead of Kobe, and the Cavs team could give your Lakers some trouble.

ohiobronco2
04-30-2009, 07:24 AM

Wins:
28/52 - 54% shooting

Losses:
45/128 - 35% shooting

Overall:
2-6 record
73/180 - 40.6% shooting

Still waiting on your answer to how Kobe is a better passer than LBJ.

ohiobronco2
04-30-2009, 07:32 AM

Alf, come on. Who knows how really sick he was. Let's be honest here, if he is healthy enough to play, he wasn't that sick. It's all theatrical frankly. He's not the only one guilty of this. Insert pick of Rondo and Pierce here. Anyways, they beat the Cavs twice this season while both teams had injuries. Neither team can really play the injury card on the other. In the first game Z was out, in the 2nd game West was out. Lakers had injuries as well. Sure Lebron played bad in both of those games, but Kobe was far from spectacular. Good D can do that to you. The level of comp. in the West is better, but the East is improving. If they meet in the finals, I expect a 7 game series. The PG and SF position go the way of the Cavs, where the Lakers have better big men. Will be a great series. I'm not ready to "Crown" them, like Dennis Green.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
04-30-2009, 04:53 PM
Watch out Fakers....were coming for ya.

Hilarious!

Good one.

Kobe....when you get to Colorado please don't rape a chick

:thumbsdow

Totally classless - but that's a Thuggets fan for you.

I guess you've never heard that thing about "bearing false witness."

Anyway, if the Lakers do come to town, please don't throw beer bottles at Kobe.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
04-30-2009, 04:58 PM
Of course the losses his numbers will be down. That can be expected.

The intention was to show the Cavs' piss poor record against good teams this season.

....Lebron James is the best player in the NBA, ahead of Kobe....

*sigh*

Stopped reading right there.

Once again, LBJ's numbers look better on paper because he has to do a lot more for his team than Kobe.

Ask LBJ who the best player is and he'll tell you it's Kobe.

azbroncfan
04-30-2009, 05:33 PM
The intention was to show the Cavs' piss poor record against good teams this season.

*sigh*

Stopped reading right there.

Once again, LBJ's numbers look better on paper because he has to do a lot more for his team than Kobe.

Ask LBJ who the best player is and he'll tell you it's Kobe.

Since both the Lakers and Cavs played the world champ celtics last year who had more success and who's team played better? I think it is pretty clear that the west is a better conference than the east and LBJ and the cavs had a great record vs the west this year and LABF cherry picked his stats and of course LBJ's numbers won't look great in his losses.

bombay
04-30-2009, 05:48 PM
I like the Nuggets in six over Dallas.

I think the ass rapist and his band of bozos will get a tough go from the Rockets. Hope the bandwagon boys here don't get too excited.

TDmvp
04-30-2009, 06:00 PM
I like the Nuggets in six over Dallas.

I think the ass rapist and his band of bozos will get a tough go from the Rockets. Hope the bandwagon boys here don't get too excited.

heheh someone read The Smoking Gun Kobe report .

Kobe needs to learn no means no , or least stop means stop ...

Broncosfreak_56
04-30-2009, 06:23 PM
heheh someone read The Smoking Gun Kobe report .

Kobe needs to learn no means no , or least stop means stop ...

Kobe just keeps shooting until he scores, if you know what I mean.

TDmvp
04-30-2009, 06:25 PM
Kobe just keeps shooting until he scores, if you know what I mean.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Ahhhh damn that's funny ... +1

maher_tyler
04-30-2009, 07:46 PM
Chicago and Boston in 3rd OT!!!

Karenin
04-30-2009, 08:01 PM
Hilarious!

Good one.

:thumbsdow

Totally classless - but that's a Thuggets fan for you.

You know what else is classless? Raping women and cheating on your wife. But that didn't stop Kobe. Even if you debate the rape (which just makes you look like the idiot you are, but that's another story) you can't deny the infidelity. Oops.

Anyway, if the Lakers do come to town, please don't throw beer bottles at Kobe.

The beer thrower was a Hornets fan. Oops.

Kaylore
04-30-2009, 08:06 PM
Wow. What a game. Did anyone watch that? If it was a movie script, producers would have said "That's too much. The audience won't believe it."

maher_tyler
04-30-2009, 08:10 PM
Wow. What a game. Did anyone watch that? If it was a movie script, producers would have said "That's too much. The audience won't believe it."

Yea that was intense..one of the best NBA games i've watched in some time!!

broncofan2438
04-30-2009, 08:13 PM
You know what else is classless? Raping women and cheating on your wife. But that didn't stop Kobe. Even if you debate the rape (which just makes you look like the idiot you are, but that's another story) you can't deny the infidelity. Oops.

The beer thrower was a Hornets fan. Oops.

HAHAHA, I totally agree with you....Maybe not the fact that he's an idiot cause I dont know him, but the Kobe stuff I 100% agree with

ludo21
04-30-2009, 08:13 PM
Rose' block was amazing!! That kid continues to impress me.

And I have always hated Joakim Noah, despised him for that attitude and hair and just him.. but this series he is earning my respect.

BroncoLifer
04-30-2009, 08:26 PM

That's a good description of not just the game, but the entire series.

ohiobronco2
04-30-2009, 08:57 PM

What are you trying to say here. What stat is inflated because Lebron has to do more. I understand if you are making a point about more points a game. If the Cavs don't have the talent of the Lakers, then Lebron would have to score more than Kobe in order to win a game. Lets compare the stats here. Lebron shoots less (If Kobe has such a great team around him, why does he have to shoot so much) and has a higher FG %. Kobe shoots the 3 at a higher percentage and is better from the stripe. Lebron dominates rebounds, steals, blocks, and assists (once again, why does Lebron have more assists if Kobe has better talent around him than LBJ. If he is such a great passer, with great talent around him, surely they can hit an open shot. And please don't say that nobody else is capable of handling the orange, Mo was an all star PG for Cleveland).

Kobe
FGM-A FG% 3PM-A 3P% FTM-A FT% OFF DEF TOT STL BLK TO PF AST PTS
800-1712 .467 118-336 .351 483-564 .856 1.1 4.1 5.2 1.46 .45 2.56 2.30 4.9 26.8

Lebron

789-1613 .489 132-384 .344 594-762 .780 1.3 6.3 7.6 1.69 1.15 2.98 1.72 7.2 28.4

maher_tyler
04-30-2009, 09:08 PM

What are you trying to say here. What stat is inflated because Lebron has to do more. I understand if you are making a point about more points a game. If the Cavs don't have the talent of the Lakers, then Lebron would have to score more than Kobe in order to win a game. Lets compare the stats here. Lebron shoots less (If Kobe has such a great team around him, why does he have to shoot so much) and has a higher FG %. Kobe shoots the 3 at a higher percentage and is better from the stripe. Lebron dominates rebounds, steals, blocks, and assists (once again, why does Lebron have more assists if Kobe has better talent around him than LBJ. If he is such a great passer, with great talent around him, surely they can hit an open shot. And please don't say that nobody else is capable of handling the orange, Mo was an all star PG for Cleveland).

Kobe
800-1712 .467 118-336 .351 483-564 .856 1.1 4.1 5.2 1.46 .45 2.56 2.30 4.9 26.8

Lebron

789-1613 .489 132-384 .344 594-762 .780 1.3 6.3 7.6 1.69 1.15 2.98 1.72 7.2 28.4

You can debate this all day long...they're both extremely good players..both will go down as all time greats..but if i had to choose who i'd want to take the game winning or game tying shot in any circumstance..KOBE!! Thats the one thing that sticks out the most between the two..Kobe is much more clutch!!

ohiobronco2
04-30-2009, 09:20 PM
You can debate this all day long...they're both extremely good players..both will go down as all time greats..but if i had to choose who i'd want to take the game winning or game tying shot in any circumstance..KOBE!! Thats the one thing that sticks out the most between the two..Kobe is much more clutch!!

It's true. You could debate this till enternity. All that really matters is championships and obviously Kobe has more of those. None without Shaq, but more still the same. When Kobe was Lebron's age though, he was nowhere near as good. If healthy, when all is said and done, Lebron will have scored the most points in NBA history and will make a charge for top 10 in assists and perhaps steals.

BroncoBuff
04-30-2009, 09:25 PM
Has any team ever beaten another team in the playoffs after having been swept by them in the regular season through 4 games?

I don't know, good question.

I do know that the Nuggets' Game 4 evisceration of the Hornets in New Orleans was the largest road victory margin oin NBA history ... playoffs OR regular season.

Amazing ... 5 points away from doubling their score. Just amazing.

ohiobronco2
04-30-2009, 10:12 PM
And a team T-Mac is on finally makes it out of the first round. Too bad he's not playing. :)

SouthStndJunkie
04-30-2009, 10:35 PM
The Nuggets and Rockets both break their first round jinx in the same year.

Now go upset the Lakers for us.

HEAV
04-30-2009, 10:44 PM
The Bulls Celtics series is taking a toll on my nerves. Atleast one way or the other it will be over Saturday.

Ray Allen is a amazing, Rondo is a bitch.

24champ
04-30-2009, 11:15 PM

Well hey, I mean can you blame Kobe? The girl likely screwed every guy in that resort that day seeing that she had 3-4 different dna types in her panties. To me it sounds like a nugget whore, who just wanted to feel what's it's like to get ****ed up the ass by Kobe...just like the Nuggets do when they play the Lakers.

TDmvp
04-30-2009, 11:46 PM
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c190/vlt0005/Kobe.jpg?t=1241160343

Inkana7
05-01-2009, 05:36 AM
I don't know, good question.

I do know that the Nuggets' Game 4 evisceration of the Hornets in New Orleans was the largest road victory margin oin NBA history ... playoffs OR regular season.

Amazing ... 5 points away from doubling their score. Just amazing.

Cavs swept the Spurs in the regular season before going 0-4 against them in the Finals.

ohiobronco2
05-01-2009, 07:17 AM

:rofl: That's funny. Not saying I believe he really did it, but funny still the same.

ohiobronco2
05-01-2009, 07:18 AM
The Bulls Celtics series is taking a toll on my nerves. Atleast one way or the other it will be over Saturday.

Ray Allen is a amazing, Rondo is a b****.

Ray Allen has the best shot in NBA history. Can't give him any space.

This series should be over by now. Rondo should have been called for a flagrant foul in game 5.

Beantown Bronco
05-01-2009, 07:53 AM
Ray Allen has the best shot in NBA history. Can't give him any space.

This series should be over by now. Rondo should have been called for a flagrant foul in game 5.

The league has looked at it twice and they disagree.

And what a shocker that there was no outrage after game 4 when:

at the end of the game, Brad Miller grabbed Ray Allen from behind and flung him down like a kick returner so Miller could potentially get a buzzer-beating tip on a missed shot. Did they call it? No.

Or the three shot foul that was called when the Ben Gordon was out of bounds.

Ray Allen fouling out on two absolutely horrible calls

You can complain all day, but there were questionable calls on both sides. No team has benefitted more than the other.

Man-Goblin
05-01-2009, 08:03 AM
The officating is god awful everywhere you look. A bigger problem is the league denies/ignores this as the biggest problem with their game (other than the financial situation with many of the teams). Then, the league compounds the problem by doing things like not suspending Rondo simply because no flagrant was called on the play.

They're arrogant and don't want to admit their mistakes.

bronco militia
05-01-2009, 08:09 AM
The officating is god awful everywhere you look. A bigger problem is the league denies/ignores this as the biggest problem with their game (other than the financial situation with many of the teams). Then, the league compounds the problem by doing things like not suspending Rondo simply because no flagrant was called on the play.

They're arrogant and don't want to admit their mistakes.

this is no excuse, but the officiating in the NBA has been this way forever

Man-Goblin
05-01-2009, 08:36 AM
this is no excuse, but the officiating in the NBA has been this way forever

But WHY is the question. I would even venture to say the officiating in college basketball is better.

I think it's because officials are instructed to try keep the product good if they think they can get away with it, and that directive is coming straight from the top. This doesn't always work, obviously, and the thinking is flawed because bad calls are going both ways. Refs are often times confused whether or not to make a call, especially when it involves crunch time or a superstar player.

I can understand why the league wouldn't want to suspend Rondo, and had he been, we probably wouldn't have been treated to the wonderful game we saw last night. But in the long run, it's that very lack of accountability, plus the oblivious public stance of the league office , that has led to the officiating problem.

broncofan2438
05-01-2009, 08:58 AM

HAHAHAHAHA, Love it!

Binkythefrog
05-01-2009, 09:01 AM

Ray Allen is a amazing, Rondo is a b****.

Yeah Rondo's fouls on Hinrich and Miler were ridiculous, but still, 19 asst and 1 TO last night, averaging pretty much a triple double for the series. He's still ballin like crazy.

I don't know how the teams will even play on Saturday, the series has been so physical and draining im amazed they will even be able to play on Saturday. I wonder how KG feels right now.

Binkythefrog
05-01-2009, 09:05 AM
But WHY is the question. I would even venture to say the officiating in college basketball is better.

I think it's because officials are instructed to try keep the product good if they think they can get away with it, and that directive is coming straight from the top. This doesn't always work, obviously, and the thinking is flawed because bad calls are going both ways. Refs are often times confused whether or not to make a call, especially when it involves crunch time or a superstar player.

I can understand why the league wouldn't want to suspend Rondo, and had he been, we probably wouldn't have been treated to the wonderful game we saw last night. But in the long run, it's that very lack of accountability, plus the oblivious public stance of the league office , that has led to the officiating problem.

I think that college is easier to officiate. There has been a serious talent drain from college with so many people going to the pros that the game is slower and easier to ref. In the NBA, so many of these calls involve players going at a speed that is ridiculous. Many of these calls require a fan to watch a replay 2 times to see if it is right, and the refs have to do it in a split second.

broncofan2438
05-01-2009, 10:39 AM
Lets go Nuggets!!! Put away Dirk and the Mavs

TheManeMan
05-01-2009, 11:00 AM
interesting tidbit I heard last night...

Mavs have lost only once at home since the All-Star break. That loss being against Denver.

Should be fun series.

azbroncfan
05-01-2009, 11:18 AM
Complaining about refs in NBA has been going on for 20 years.

broncofan2438
05-01-2009, 11:33 AM
Everyone says that Terry was out for two games against us....wasnt Melo out two games against them as well?

TheManeMan
05-01-2009, 04:10 PM
You know how I know you're gay?

http://myfunnypics.org/d/1335-1/Kobe+Bryant+and+Brian+Cook+kisses+each+other.jpg

Man-Goblin
05-01-2009, 07:00 PM
Rondo skates again. Wow. I'm not saying I'm not glad he's not suspended (did you get that?) but, wow.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2009/news/story?id=4124025

Inkana7
05-01-2009, 07:45 PM
You know how I know you're gay?

http://myfunnypics.org/d/1335-1/Kobe+Bryant+and+Brian+Cook+kisses+each+other.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3553/3362672473_ac75ed89e8_o.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3655/3466358828_3a38f88cfb_o.jpg

24champ
05-01-2009, 09:45 PM
http://espn-att.starwave.com/photo/2006/0505/nba_a_lebron_412.jpg

maher_tyler
05-02-2009, 06:01 PM
Chicago and Boston...shaping up to be another good one!!

Moreno Knows Best
05-03-2009, 01:59 AM
ATL/MIA could be good tomorrow.

Goooo Nuggies.

broncofan2438
05-03-2009, 08:26 AM
Cmon Nuggs, Lets get it done!!!

Nuggs in 5 because I'm trying to make the 5th game in Denver

ro_50
05-03-2009, 10:08 AM
I hope the Nuggets destroy the Mavs. Wipe that smirk off of Mark Cuban's face!!

TheChamp24
05-03-2009, 01:22 PM
Man, Nuggets had an awful 1st quarter, 2nd quarter is much better so far.
Sucks Melo picked up his 3rd foul already.

Bronco X
05-03-2009, 01:49 PM
Considering the Mavs couldn't miss in the first and the refs have their refs firmly wrapped around Dirk's man sack, good to be up at the half. Nene's dominating! We need more of that.

Moreno Knows Best
05-03-2009, 01:55 PM
All things considered the Nuggs should be happy. They started slooooow, and Carmelo picking up that retarded 3rd foul was no bueno.

But they've got a lead, and can get a W if they really pull their heads out in the second half. Go Nene Go.

bombay
05-03-2009, 02:50 PM
Dallas has gotten pretty sloppy with the ball, and the Nuggets have looked very good in the 4th.

This game is over.

SureShot
05-03-2009, 02:55 PM
Wheres McDrama?

TheChamp24
05-03-2009, 03:01 PM
Peace out, Nugz take game 1.

SureShot
05-03-2009, 03:02 PM
Mavs say no mas with 2:30 left.

broncofan2438
05-03-2009, 03:07 PM
Thats what Im talking about!!!!! Nuggs baby!!!

Broncosfreak_56
05-03-2009, 03:36 PM
Great game. JR and Nene were awesome. Oh, and Birdzilla is amazing. I love that guy :D.

TDmvp
05-03-2009, 03:38 PM
Wheres McDrama?

Watching soccer I'm guessing Ha!

:poke: :poke: :poke:

Paladin
05-03-2009, 05:28 PM
Nowadays, that was a typical Nuggets game. Slow start but tough finish. Mavs gave up with about 5 mins left. Quirky Dirky lost his favored status when he started to lobby the refs. He doesn't like to get hit. And Cuban knows it. Guess what? Martin knows it too. Nuggets flat killed the Mavs down the middle and owned the paint. I am picking the Nuggs in five........

bombay
05-03-2009, 06:06 PM
The Nuggets have finally figured out that in the playoffs, everything flows from your defense. They are now a very dangerous team.

TheChamp24
05-03-2009, 06:32 PM
I think only the Nuggets fan base realizes this is actually a solid team that will most likely win in 5-6.
I see a lot of people taking the Mavs to win the series in 7, and win game 2.

Paladin
05-03-2009, 06:49 PM
Martin did a very good job on Dirk. Dirk was beaten and he knew it. I think Game Two is already being played, and the Mavs have a few nightmares running around in their heads. Terry is good,. Wright is good. Kidd is a good, usable PG. But if Dirk is sort of under control, game tilts in Nuggets' favor, particularly as Nene gets into their minds as well. A least compared to the Mavs, the Nuggets have the bench strength in this series......

broncofan2438
05-03-2009, 06:55 PM
Martin did a very good job on Dirk. Dirk was beaten and he knew it. I think Game Two is already being played, and the Mavs have a few nightmares running around in their heads. Terry is good,. Wright is good. Kidd is a good, usable PG. But if Dirk is sort of under control, game tilts in Nuggets' favor, particularly as Nene gets into their minds as well. A least compared to the Mavs, the Nuggets have the bench strength in this series......

Yea, I think I saw a stat that said Denver's bench points 27 and Mavs 4 in like the end of the third quarter

bombay
05-03-2009, 07:04 PM

Yeah. The thing is, if Dallas is to win this series, they have to win it with good jump shooting. Today their top 4 (Dirk, Terry, Howard, and Kidd) were 31-61, over 50%, and they still lost by double figures. I can't see how they win it.

BroncoDoug
05-03-2009, 08:57 PM
Well the people at the Mavs board already hate me, but whatever, they think the refs had money on the game. Its called being aggresive, they should try it sometime...

Broncosfreak_56
05-03-2009, 09:11 PM
Well the people at the Mavs board already hate me, but whatever, they think the refs had money on the game. Its called being aggresive, they should try it sometime...

When you just shoots jumpshots, you don't go to the line. Pretty simple. Nuggets were attacking all night.

BroncoDoug
05-03-2009, 09:18 PM
When you just shoots jumpshots, you don't go to the line. Pretty simple. Nuggets were attacking all night.

precisely, the nuggets lead the league this year in FT attempts per game, so its not like a new revelation that they attack the basket, and in the playoffs, you are going to get rewarded for that.

Kaylore
05-03-2009, 09:52 PM
Good job Nuggets. Billups and Melo were kind of lost due to circumstances and we still won. They have a good game and we'll be rolling.

ohiobronco2
05-04-2009, 12:22 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2009/news/story?id=4135263

Finally the NBA stops looking for reasons not to give this award to LeBron. Frankly, I think he deserved it last season.

worm
05-04-2009, 12:32 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2009/news/story?id=4135263

Finally the NBA stops looking for reasons not to give this award to LeBron. Frankly, I think he deserved it last season.

Yes. It was a big conspiracy against Lebron last year. The NBA was looking for reasons to slight its 'Golden Boy' in the past. ::)

Sometime I think the perspective of some of ya'll is beyond whacked.

Congrats to Lebron. He deserved it THIS year...and most likely will reel off a string of them.

broncofan2438
05-04-2009, 01:20 PM
Lets go Nuggets Lets go!!! Game 2 is gonna be the statement game I think. Denver needs to take the first two at home and get the crowd really into it.

SureShot
05-04-2009, 01:25 PM
So when does our resident Mavs honk make an appearance?

Paladin
05-04-2009, 01:57 PM
He wont unless the Mavs win three straight. The Nuggets are now 5-0 against the Mavs this year, playoffs and all....

Terry and Wright are pretty good jump shooters. But I think the Nuggets have pretty good jump shooters, too, but they like to get the big boys in foul trouble and pound the h3ll out of them. But with Nene over Dampier, why do that? Just send Nene against Dampier all night which is what happened....... In some ways, the style seems reminescent of the old Pistons when they were winning....

broncofan2438
05-04-2009, 01:59 PM
Im heading out for Game 5 baby!!! Go Nuggets

"We smoke Cubans in Denver"

ohiobronco2
05-04-2009, 02:38 PM
Yes. It was a big conspiracy against Lebron last year. The NBA was looking for reasons to slight its 'Golden Boy' in the past. ::)

Sometime I think the perspective of some of ya'll is beyond whacked.

Congrats to Lebron. He deserved it THIS year...and most likely will reel off a string of them.

Thank You for agreeing with my post. There is an obvious conspiracy. While we're at it, do you know who the 2nd gun man on the grassy knoll is? This is true with every great player, but people in the media do talk about why these star players don't receive awards many times because of what they fail to do. In the past, LeBron couldn't be the MVP because his team didn't win enough. That excuse was taken away this year and look what happens.

24champ
05-04-2009, 04:03 PM
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LxEokjB6rzw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LxEokjB6rzw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Houston you have a problem.

ro_50
05-04-2009, 04:12 PM

Don't worry about Mavs fans Bronco Doug. As a Spurs fan myself, I can attest most of them find something to complain about and think its a conspiracy.

The bottom line is the Nuggets are a better team and Mavs gotta play its A game to win in this series.

Binkythefrog
05-04-2009, 04:14 PM
I think only the Nuggets fan base realizes this is actually a solid team that will most likely win in 5-6.
I see a lot of people taking the Mavs to win the series in 7, and win game 2.

Really?

Well here, ESPN has 9 out of ten experts taking the Nuggets.

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2009/matchup/_/teams/mavericks-nuggets

The Mavs complaining about the officiating is just lame. Fans who use officiating as an excuse for their team is cop-out. Melo had three quick lame fouls on him, yet I see no Nuggets complaining about that. The Mavs don't have an inside presence since Dirk is almost a 7 foot tall shooting guard (an awesome one at that) and the Nuggets abused them inside.

The way the Mavs get back in the series is by hitting the Nuggets back in the mouth. When Dirk went down from that (cheap) foul by Kenyon, no Mavs stood up to Kenyon. That has to change. They need to foul hard in the lane to make the Nuggets think twice about driving the lane or else this will be a quick series.

worm
05-04-2009, 04:18 PM
Thank You for agreeing with my post. There is an obvious conspiracy. While we're at it, do you know who the 2nd gun man on the grassy knoll is? This is true with every great player, but people in the media do talk about why these star players don't receive awards many times because of what they fail to do. In the past, LeBron couldn't be the MVP because his team didn't win enough. That excuse was taken away this year and look what happens.

Last year Lebron couldn't win the MVP because Kobe was the true MVP. No big mystery or hidden agenda. Kobe deserved it more. This year Lebron deserved it more.

The past two years don't bother me...I think they got it right.

The year before that....giving the MVP to Nash was idiotic. The guy was a one trick pony and was the least deserving MVP in recent memory.

I hope Lebron is happy with that personal hardware The Lakers will be holding up the team trophy that really counts.

Inkana7
05-04-2009, 04:23 PM
Let's play "Guess that overrated Center".

Game 1: 7 points 3 rebounds 5 fouls
Game 2: 10 points 4 rebounds 2 fouls
Game 3: 4 points 2 rebounds 5 fouls
Game 4: 2 points 1 rebound 2 fouls
Game 5: 2 points 5 rebounds 2 fouls

Who could it be?

oubronco
05-04-2009, 04:27 PM

Who could it be?

Inkana7 :ouwknow:

Inkana7
05-04-2009, 04:30 PM
Inkana7 :ouwknow:

Haha. I'm an undersized point guard. Good guess, though.

TheManeMan
05-04-2009, 04:33 PM

Who could it be?

Tracy Morgan?

http://lookliker.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/andrew-bynum-tracy-morgan.jpg

Inkana7
05-04-2009, 04:35 PM
Tracy Morgan?

http://lookliker.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/andrew-bynum-tracy-morgan.jpg

That's awesome. And yeah, you're correct.

ohiobronco2
05-04-2009, 06:08 PM
That's awesome. And yeah, you're correct.

Damn. I was going to guess Greg Oden. ;D

SureShot
05-04-2009, 06:13 PM
Damn. I was going to guess Greg Oden. ;D

Not enough personal fouls.

ohiobronco2
05-04-2009, 06:27 PM
Not enough personal fouls.

Hilarious! I need to see the minutes played as well.

SureShot
05-04-2009, 06:37 PM
Hilarious! I need to see the minutes played as well.

That dude is a machine. If players didn't foul out you could create an Oden drinking game.

Los Broncos
05-04-2009, 08:12 PM
Kobe is such a punk sometimes, that's why I don't like the guy.

ohiobronco2
05-04-2009, 08:20 PM

Yeah, what the hell was that all about anyways. Battier was all class. Did you see that shot he took. Can't believe he had to chase down the damn refs to get time to clean up his eye.

SureShot
05-04-2009, 08:42 PM
Lakers are looking frustrated.

broncofan2438
05-04-2009, 08:46 PM
Lakers are looking frustrated.

Thats what I like to see:strong:

BroncoDoug
05-04-2009, 08:50 PM
Houston is going to give them alllll they can handle...

bombay
05-04-2009, 09:15 PM
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm306/alanlakers/1zxmj53.gif

TheChamp24
05-04-2009, 09:19 PM
Yeah, what the hell was that all about anyways. Battier was all class. Did you see that shot he took. Can't believe he had to chase down the damn refs to get time to clean up his eye.

Yeah, I couldn't believe that. That was ridiculous.

BroncoDoug
05-04-2009, 09:33 PM
Anyone see KMart was fine $25k and given a flagrant foul?

TheChamp24
05-04-2009, 09:39 PM

Oh, but Rondo's was "clean" though right? lamesauce NBA

broncofan2438
05-04-2009, 09:39 PM

Yea, thats absolute crap. Freakn Mavs start to bitch every series

Los Broncos
05-04-2009, 09:40 PM

I mean players get caught up in the emotion of the game.

But he didn't have to push him down just because he was D'ed up.

bombay
05-04-2009, 09:41 PM
It was worth it for KMart. He just wanted to send a little message, and that's lunch money for him.

Not like he's suspended or anything.

BroncoDoug
05-04-2009, 09:52 PM
Yea, thats absolute crap. Freakn Mavs start to b**** every series

Mark Cuban thinks his team is gods gift the the basketball world, and no one can touch his players... He will be lobbying the whole series to have everyone fined and suspended...

broncofan2438
05-04-2009, 09:55 PM

He's a punk all the time.....cant stand him

broncofan2438
05-04-2009, 09:55 PM
Mark Cuban thinks his team is gods gift the the basketball world, and no one can touch his players... He will be lobbying the whole series to have everyone fined and suspended...

Cuban will get a piece of my mind game 5

TDmvp
05-04-2009, 09:57 PM
He's a punk all the time.....cant stand him

:thumbs:

BroncoDoug
05-04-2009, 10:02 PM
Cuban will get a piece of my mind game 5

Give him a piece for me too, since i'm too poor to go :(

Broncosfreak_56
05-04-2009, 10:04 PM
Well, the Rockets playoffs hopes are writhing in pain on the ground right now.

bombay
05-04-2009, 10:04 PM
Man, I hope Yao isn't hurt badly.

Sure would be nice if Houston made all the little bandwagon boys go away.

Broncosfreak_56
05-04-2009, 10:09 PM
Yao is one tough man. I'm very impressed by him.

enjolras
05-04-2009, 10:11 PM
Houston is up 10 with 1:40 to play....

BroncoDoug
I just don't see LA coming back in this one... Good job Rockets to take one in LA

bombay
Ha ha.

Not a wonderful homecourt loss for the fakers.

enjolras
05-04-2009, 10:13 PM
Oh, and I was at the Mavs/Nuggets game on Sunday... Daniel Graham was sitting right behind Cuban and was literally riding him the entire game. It was incredible.

Stonehands Graham went up several notches in awesomeness:)

SureShot
05-04-2009, 10:14 PM
Oh, and I was at the Mavs/Nuggets game on Sunday... Daniel Graham was sitting right behind Cuban and was literally riding him the entire game. It was incredible.

Don't call him stonehands. Either get behind him or go root for another team.;D

Broncosfreak_56
05-04-2009, 10:15 PM
Ha ha.

Not a wonderful homecourt loss for the fakers.

It isn't over yet...

bombay
05-04-2009, 10:17 PM
It isn't over yet...

Yes it is.

broncofan2438
05-04-2009, 10:19 PM

Thats awesome! I'll be at game 5 and will be yelling at Cuban for sure.

broncofan2438
05-04-2009, 10:20 PM
Where is A.L.F????

bombay
05-04-2009, 10:22 PM
That coast-to-coast houston win really didn't look like an accident.

Broncosfreak_56
05-04-2009, 10:23 PM
Tough game. Glad the Rockets pulled it out.

enjolras
Don't call him stonehands. Either get behind him or go root for another team.;D

He still hasn't made up for that drop against Jacksonville two years ago... until he does the stonehands moniker is compulsory.

TDmvp
I guess LABF was right during the off season.
The Lakers really need to sign this guy .

http://d.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/p5/20080826/15/3991510596.jpg

even if Ron is a Douche

SureShot
05-04-2009, 10:26 PM
He still hasn't made up for that drop against Jacksonville two years ago... until he does the stonehands moniker is compulsory.

It was Cutler's fault.

BroncoDoug
05-04-2009, 10:27 PM
It was Cutler's fault.

No, it was Griese's fault

SureShot
05-04-2009, 10:28 PM
No, it was Griese's fault

:rofl:

SureShot
05-04-2009, 10:29 PM
Things are shaping up nicely for the Nugs so far.

broncofan2438
05-04-2009, 10:30 PM
Things are shaping up nicely for the Nugs so far.

Yes they are.........Go Nuggs!

DHallblows
05-04-2009, 10:31 PM
Tough game. Glad the Rockets pulled it out.

Story of my life ROFL!

Punisher
05-04-2009, 10:36 PM
Lakers in 6 the Rockets just woke us up.

Boobs McGee
05-04-2009, 10:37 PM
wow that was a sorry effort guys :( two ****ing threes? really? Nice job on houston's D, but we missed waaaaaaay to many open shots. Hopefully that slap in the face woke us up a little bit. Bynum looked like **** after the first five minutes.

Horrible shooting performance.

Boobs McGee
05-04-2009, 10:38 PM
Lakers in 6 the Rockets just woke us up.

exactly. We looked like we were asleep that entire utah series. I think we needed a loss like this where we were playing catch up all night.

Phil needs to start lamar next game imo as well.

24champ
05-04-2009, 10:40 PM
Lakers first quarter really killed them, not to mention they were playing to the Rockets tempo.

Lakers brought their F game tonight, Rockets guards killed us but somehow the Lakers were in the game until the last 5 minutes when the refs took over. A lot of badly missed calls, Odom didn't step out of bounds among other things. I hate it when the referees dictate the game, especially at the end of the game.

This game reminds alot of the Lakers vs Sixers game 1 in the Finals, Lakers need to get Farmar and Brown out there more to stop Brooks. Fisher is just not that quick anymore to defend him.

I still like the Lakers in this series, I seriously doubt we will play this flat four times.

Punisher
05-04-2009, 10:41 PM
exactly. We looked like we were asleep that entire utah series. I think we needed a loss like this where we were playing catch up all night.

I beg the differ they need to give the ball more to Anderw and go right at Yao in the 1st half of the game, and Try to get Yao in foul trouble.

And oh yea Artest and Brooks played a hell of a game

Punisher
05-04-2009, 10:44 PM
Lakers first quarter really killed them, not to mention they were playing to the Rockets tempo.

Lakers brought their F game tonight, Rockets guards killed us but somehow the Lakers were in the game until the last 5 minutes when the refs took over. A lot of badly missed calls, Odom didn't step out of bounds among other things. I hate it when the referees dictate the game, especially at the end of the game.

This game reminds alot of the Lakers vs Sixers game 1 in the Finals, Lakers need to get Farmar and Brown out there more to stop Brooks. Fisher is just not that quick anymore to defend him.

I still like the Lakers in this series, I seriously doubt we will play this flat four times.

Yea it seems like the Refs take over games alot snd the NBA thats why i perfer Football more than Basketball but I love basketball to death

24champ
05-04-2009, 10:45 PM

I think Fisher needs to come off the bench, he got way too many minutes tonight. Kept getting torched by Brooks.

24champ
05-04-2009, 10:47 PM
Yea it seems like the Refs take over games alot snd the NBA thats why i perfer Football more than Basketball but I love basketball to death

I'm not saying we lost because of the refs, we clearly got outplayed and outcoached tonight. I'm saying there was 3-4 calls in a row there in the 4th quarter that was BS. It looked like the game was going to the wire up until that point.