PDA

View Full Version : The Official 2009 NBA Playoffs Thread (M)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15]

oubronco
06-04-2009, 07:45 PM
GO LAKERS

OABB
06-04-2009, 08:18 PM
Daniel Stern is doing a great job once again tonight....

cutthemdown
06-04-2009, 08:27 PM
Hey Shaq better start wondering how Kobe's ass tastes!!!!!!!!!

This time Kobe gonna do it without you baby!!!!!!!!!

OABB
06-04-2009, 08:33 PM
It's good to see the lakers playing like they normally do...Now the lesser team won't think they are better like the Nuggs did. Lakers are tough to beat when they decide to play.

Maximus
06-04-2009, 09:27 PM
Hey Shaq better start wondering how Kobe's ass tastes!!!!!!!!!

This time Kobe gonna do it without you baby!!!!!!!!!

Stop making fun of Howards foul shooting.... Oooh... you mean the other Shaq!

24champ
06-04-2009, 09:33 PM
One down three to go....

Phil Jackson is undefeated in a series after winning game one.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-04-2009, 10:57 PM
One down three to go....

Phil Jackson is undefeated in a series after winning game one.

http://www.clublakers.com/forum/images/smilies/stunoicecluh7.gif

I wonder if the "MVP" was watching from his couch and taking notes?

http://www.clublakers.com/forum/images/smilies/ball1.gif

OABB
06-04-2009, 10:58 PM

He was writing a check to the league for being a bitch.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-04-2009, 10:59 PM
It's good to see the lakers playing like they normally do...Now the lesser team won't think they are better like the Nuggs did. Lakers are tough to beat when they decide to play.

That was just an old-fashioned, take-you-to-the-woodshed-and-blister-your-ass kind of schooling.

The Rockets and the Nuggets were much tougher defensively.

azbroncfan
06-05-2009, 12:55 AM

Did you say the same thing last year?

Man-Goblin
06-05-2009, 06:03 AM
Meh, who wanted this thread back anyway?

ohiobronco2
06-05-2009, 07:19 AM
Spoken like a typical front running bit#h that no one here respects. Did you say the same thing last year?

You have to give them some credit. Kobe was unstoppable last night. The Magic have some decent defenders, Kobe just played amazing last night. Nearly all of his shots were contested. The Magic peed down their leg. The Lakers were more prepared and were the better team last night. I knew that the Lakers size on the perimeter would hurt the Magic, but in all honesty, the Magic missed a lot of open shots. I still expect this series to go atleast 6, if the Magic recover from this whipping.

Mr.Meanie
06-05-2009, 08:15 AM
can we undo the thread merge? who wants to wade through 3500 posts?

azbroncfan
06-05-2009, 11:05 AM
You have to give them some credit. Kobe was unstoppable last night. The Magic have some decent defenders, Kobe just played amazing last night. Nearly all of his shots were contested. The Magic peed down their leg. The Lakers were more prepared and were the better team last night. I knew that the Lakers size on the perimeter would hurt the Magic, but in all honesty, the Magic missed a lot of open shots. I still expect this series to go atleast 6, if the Magic recover from this whipping.

Lakers played great and Kobe was raping their nonexistant D. Magic were due for a poor shooting night that they never had against Cleveland. They won't win much shooting 30 percent from the floor and game 2 is a must win if they want to even make a series out of it.

Boobs McGee
06-05-2009, 04:24 PM
Wow we played like we SHOULD have played last night. That felt like a solid win....granted, the magic were shooting so bad from three point land that they couldn't have hit water if they spit off of a boat, but I attribute a LOT of that to our outstanding D. I realize they're most likely not going to miss the open threes they did all series, but even IF they would have hit a more reasonable 40% it still would have been lakers.

The way we were playing howard was perfect. The shuffling of the trapper back and forth to the perimeter was excellent. Bynum really played him tough in the first half I thought, and he looks to be getting a little more comfortable in the postseason.

Interesting to note, we didn't have arieza OR bynum last year for the playoffs, and in all actuality bynum's played what, two halfs of two seasons? I love how all the naysayers are denying his ability, when this is his FIRST TIME in the playoffs. Essentially a rookie. He's finally figuring out what the postseason is like. Every possession is a fierce battle, tons of banging around and intensity. I think he really steps up this series.

Lamar's back finally looks better, he was playing with a LOT of hustle last night...kinda looked like the lamar who steps up and contributes.

Kobe bryant is just the ****ing man. He is not gonna lose this series. Close to a triple double. He was really doing a terrific job of pickin apart that soft D, distributing and TAKING OVER!

MAN we looked good!!!!

GO LAKE SHOW GO!!!!!

Inkana7
06-05-2009, 04:30 PM
A combination of two things - Kobe not missing a shot, and TERRIBLE, ****ING AWFUL shooting from the Magic leg to what happened last night. For the sake of the Eastern Conference and my own entertainment, I pray that doesn't happen again.

Boobs McGee
06-07-2009, 09:06 PM
two to go!!!!

it wasn't pretty, but we got the job done.

LETS GO LAKERS!!!!!!

Boobs McGee
06-07-2009, 09:08 PM
LOL

just heard kobe taking questions at the presser:

reporter: (talking about the lob in at the end of regulation) Balls in the air, what're you thinking?

Kobe: ****.

L O L

cutthemdown
06-07-2009, 09:32 PM
HEY SHAQ, KOBE doing it without you!!!!!

Shaq actually hates Howard more for some reason anyways. Shaq an ingrate I hope he fails miserable next yr.

Boobs McGee
06-07-2009, 09:49 PM

Shaq actually hates Howard more for some reason anyways. Shaq an ingrate I hope he fails miserable next yr.

I used to be sucha big fan of his...then the whole ****talking pat riley in miami, then the kobe thing, then bitching about amare in pheonix. I guess I should have seen it coming when they couldn't work it out in L.A. Oh well, I agree with ya, hope he has an epic fail kinda year.

Los Broncos
06-07-2009, 10:22 PM
There were a lot of Laker fans at my house today, little Laker party.

And I find it funny that one minute they are bashing their team to cheering like no tomorrow.

Like from one extreme to another.

Los Broncos
06-07-2009, 10:24 PM

But Shaq couldn't do it without Dwayne Wade.

And its taken this long for Kobe to win one without him, goes to show how much they needed each other, to bad it ended the way it did.

Shaq still hates Kobe.

cutthemdown
06-07-2009, 10:25 PM
I used to be sucha big fan of his...then the whole ****talking pat riley in miami, then the kobe thing, then b****ing about amare in pheonix. I guess I should have seen it coming when they couldn't work it out in L.A. Oh well, I agree with ya, hope he has an epic fail kinda year.

I just think Shaq a total fake. He is such a two faced POS. He's very selfish person who IMO is very immature.

OBF1
06-08-2009, 12:13 AM
GO LAKERS :thumbs:

ohiobronco2
06-08-2009, 07:20 AM
I just think Shaq a total fake. He is such a two faced POS. He's very selfish person who IMO is very immature.

This is true, but some of his commercials and sound bites are hysterical. "Look at that, SHAQTASTIC." :spit:

ohiobronco2
06-08-2009, 07:21 AM

Probably because he is playing at a level that Shaq used to. He's the best Center in the league, a title that used to belong to Shaq. Throw in the fact that he calls himself Superman.

Man-Goblin
06-08-2009, 07:47 AM
Probably because he is playing at a level that Shaq used to. He's the best Center in the league, a title that used to belong to Shaq. Throw in the fact that he calls himself Superman.

While it's conceivable that Howard could someday get there, he's not anywhere close to the level of Shaq when he was in his prime. Howard is surprisingly still a very raw offensive player in that fact that he really hasn't developed the repitoire of post moves he probably should have. Will Howard ever put up a 30-14 season like Shaq did once? Maybe, but he has a ton of making up to do if he's going to develop into that kind of offensive force.

Even at the same age that Howard is now, Shaq already had two 29 ppg. seasons under his belt, and he was a comparable force on the defensive end.

Jason in LA
06-08-2009, 10:21 AM

I've always thought the same thing. During the Kobe and Shaq feud, Shaq was really the driving force behind it because he constantly made comments in the media. Kobe finally shot back with the Jim Grey interview and the war was on. Most people blamed Kobe for it, but they don't realize that Shaq was always making some smartass comment about Kobe. I'd say that they should have taken equal blame in the feud, but all the blame was lumped on Kobe because everybody just liked Shaq. Especially the LA media. Shaq would invite them to all his parties and give them funny quotes, so they all went after Kobe. They didn't want to screw up their invites to big parties. People say that Kobe got Shaq traded. Funny thing, but I clearly remember Shaq demanding to be traded. People say that Kobe got Phil fired. Funny, but I don't remember Phil getting fired, I remember him quitting. But it was all Kobe's fault. Maybe Shaq was a big a-hole who knew how to work people over. He left all the blame on Penny Hardaway when he left Orlando. He left all the blame on Kobe when he left the Lakers. He took shots at the Heat after he left. When has this guy ever parted ways on good terms with any team? I'm glad Kobe is winning a title without Shaq, and I hope he asked Shaq how his ass tastes afterwards.

TheManeMan
06-08-2009, 10:29 AM
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/.a/6a00d83451c3cb69e2011570d41547970b-500wi

RULE NO. 11-BASKETBALL INTERFERENCE-GOALTENDING

Posted Jan 31 2001 12:00AM

Section I-A Player Shall Not:

a. Touch the ball or the basket ring when the ball is using the basket ring as its lower base.
EXCEPTION: If a player near his own basket has his hand legally in contact with the ball, it is not a violation if his contact with the ball continues after the ball enters the cylinder, or if, in such action, he touches the basket.
b. Touch the ball when it is above the basket ring and within the imaginary cylinder.
c. For goaltending to occur, the ball, in the judgment of the official, must have a chance to score.
d. During a field goal attempt, touch a ball after it has touched any part of the backboard above ring level, whether the ball is considered on its upward or downward flight.
e. During a field goal attempt, touch a ball after it has touched the backboard below the ring level and while the ball is on its upward flight.
f. Trap the ball against the face of the backboard. (To be a trapped ball, three elements must exist simultaneously. The hand, the ball and the backboard must all occur at the same time. A batted ball against the backboard is not a trapped ball.)
g. Touch any live ball from within the playing area that is on its downward flight with an opportunity to touch the basket ring. This is considered to be a "field goal attempt" or trying for a goal.
h. Touch the ball at any time with a hand which is through the basket ring.
i. Vibrate the rim or backboard so as to cause the ball to make an unnatural bounce.
PENALTY: If the violation is at the opponent's basket, the offended team is awarded two points, if the attempt is from the two point zone and three points if it is from the three point zone. The crediting of the score and subsequent procedure is the same as if the awarded score has resulted from the ball having gone through the basket, except that the official shall hand the ball to a player of the team entitled to the throw-in. If the violation is at a team's own basket, no points can be scored and the ball is awarded to the offended team at the free throw line extended on either sideline. If there is a violation by both teams, play shall be resumed by a jump ball between any two opponents at the center circle. All the above apparently doesnt mean sh!t when concerning the Lakers

http://www.nba.com/analysis/rules_11.html?nav=ArticleList

ohiobronco2
06-08-2009, 10:30 AM

a. Touch the ball or the basket ring when the ball is using the basket ring as its lower base.
EXCEPTION: If a player near his own basket has his hand legally in contact with the ball, it is not a violation if his contact with the ball continues after the ball enters the cylinder, or if, in such action, he touches the basket.
b. Touch the ball when it is above the basket ring and within the imaginary cylinder.
c. For goaltending to occur, the ball, in the judgment of the official, must have a chance to score.
d. During a field goal attempt, touch a ball after it has touched any part of the backboard above ring level, whether the ball is considered on its upward or downward flight.
e. During a field goal attempt, touch a ball after it has touched the backboard below the ring level and while the ball is on its upward flight.
f. Trap the ball against the face of the backboard. (To be a trapped ball, three elements must exist simultaneously. The hand, the ball and the backboard must all occur at the same time. A batted ball against the backboard is not a trapped ball.)
g. Touch any live ball from within the playing area that is on its downward flight with an opportunity to touch the basket ring. This is considered to be a "field goal attempt" or trying for a goal.
i. Vibrate the rim or backboard so as to cause the ball to make an unnatural bounce.
PENALTY: If the violation is at the opponent's basket, the offended team is awarded two points, if the attempt is from the two point zone and three points if it is from the three point zone. The crediting of the score and subsequent procedure is the same as if the awarded score has resulted from the ball having gone through the basket, except that the official shall hand the ball to a player of the team entitled to the throw-in. If the violation is at a team's own basket, no points can be scored and the ball is awarded to the offended team at the free throw line extended on either sideline. If there is a violation by both teams, play shall be resumed by a jump ball between any two opponents at the center circle.

;D

Mr.Meanie
06-08-2009, 10:33 AM
;D

so how is that goaltending?

Also, did anyone see the first "block" from Howard, when he put his hand up through the net and hit the ball back when it was coming down through the rim?

Laker haters have no room to complain...

lex
06-08-2009, 11:00 AM
While it's conceivable that Howard could someday get there, he's not anywhere close to the level of Shaq when he was in his prime. Howard is surprisingly still a very raw offensive player in that fact that he really hasn't developed the repitoire of post moves he probably should have. Will Howard ever put up a 30-14 season like Shaq did once? Maybe, but he has a ton of making up to do if he's going to develop into that kind of offensive force.

Even at the same age that Howard is now, Shaq already had two 29 ppg. seasons under his belt, and he was a comparable force on the defensive end.

The only refined part of Shaqs game was his passing. His offensive repertoire consisted mainly of fouling his way to within a foot of the basket at which point he would either dunk on the guy he committed numerous charge penalties against or get fouled by the guy he had committed numerous charge penalties against...and then he would complain about getting fouled.

His free throw shooting almost always sucked. Its highly questionable whether Shaq was really ever better than Olajuwon at his best or whether Olajuwon just got old and retired. There were a lot of quality centers from Olajuawons era that retired, leaving a dearth of centers that Shaq benefited from.

Jason in LA
06-08-2009, 12:02 PM

Also, did anyone see the first "block" from Howard, when he put his hand up through the net and hit the ball back when it was coming down through the rim?

That's the thing about Laker haters. When the Lakers get a favorable call it's because it's a fix. But when the Lakers opponent gets a favorable call, there is nothing wrong with it.

Howard clearly goal tended Gasol's dunk. No call. And there was no way they'd call goal tending on that final play unless it was blatant goal tending. The guy just missed the shot. Period. Gasol hitting the rim had no affect on the shot, he just missed.

Inkana7
06-08-2009, 12:17 PM

Howard is nowhere near Shaq's level.

ohiobronco2
06-08-2009, 12:21 PM

I was smiling because he's attempting to :stirstir: .

TheManeMan
06-08-2009, 12:22 PM
That's the thing about Laker haters. When the Lakers get a favorable call it's because it's a fix. But when the Lakers opponent gets a favorable call, there is nothing wrong with it.

Howard clearly goal tended Gasol's dunk. No call. And there was no way they'd call goal tending on that final play unless it was blatant goal tending. The guy just missed the shot. Period. Gasol hitting the rim had no affect on the shot, he just missed.

Unfortunately the play with Howard wouldnt have decided the outcome of the game. Thats why its not being talked about. And yes, I agree that was goaltending as well.

I watched the game with a bunch of Lakers fans last night, and to hear them cry over Kobe not getting fouled at the end of regulation was HILARIOUS!

Rashard Lewis tapped his OFF hand right before Kobe got tossed by that ugly ****ing turk!

Man-Goblin
06-08-2009, 12:26 PM
The only refined part of Shaqs game was his passing. His offensive repertoire consisted mainly of fouling his way to within a foot of the basket at which point he would either dunk on the guy he committed numerous charge penalties against or get fouled by the guy he had committed numerous charge penalties against...and then he would complain about getting fouled.

That's just silly. You're talking about one of the greatest post players to ever play the game, and you're saying he simply fouled his way to the basket everytime?

"committed numerous charge penalties"??? Of course he used his physical gifts to get the basket, but it was more often around guys rather than through them. And I would even argue the other way and say the only way you could stop him would be to beat the crap out of him, and because it happened so often players would get more leeway from officials when defending him.

And yes, the only thing that kept him from averaging 35 maybe even 40 ppg in a season was his free throw shooting.

Also, while I think Shaq was better, comparing him to Olajuwon is hardly a slight, considering they were both two of the top 5 centers ever to play.

ohiobronco2
06-08-2009, 12:28 PM
Howard is nowhere near Shaq's level.

Howard is nowhere near Shaq's level offensively, but a case could be made that he is a better defensive player. Move boards, blocks, steals, fg and ft percentage during his 4th year.

Inkana7
06-08-2009, 12:31 PM
Howard is nowhere near Shaq's level offensively, but a case could be made that he is a better defensive player. Move boards, blocks, steals, fg and ft percentage during his 4th year.

Maybe, but in terms of just being an unstoppable force, Howard is no where near 90s Shaq. That's probably why Shaq hates Howard, people are trying to compare the two, and that's kind of an insult to Shaq.

Boobs McGee
06-08-2009, 03:44 PM

Gasol isn't violating this rule
Not within the imaginary cylinder, so Gasol isn't violating this rule
this is the only one of these rules that might apply, but I thought the pic was of the ball on it's way TO lee, not from lee... correct me if I'm wrong
PENALTY: If the violation is at the opponent's basket, the offended team is awarded two points, if the attempt is from the two point zone and three points if it is from the three point zone. The crediting of the score and subsequent procedure is the same as if the awarded score has resulted from the ball having gone through the basket, except that the official shall hand the ball to a player of the team entitled to the throw-in. If the violation is at a team's own basket, no points can be scored and the ball is awarded to the offended team at the free throw line extended on either sideline. If there is a violation by both teams, play shall be resumed by a jump ball between any two opponents at the center circle. All the above apparently is up to a fan's discretion when ANYONE THATS PLAYING THE LAKERS FEELS SLIGHTED

So basically, the refs made the right call. UNLESS that pic is of the ball after lee touched it...I know you're good at getting those little animated segments, so prove me wrong.

If not, no harm no violation

:D

Jason in LA
06-08-2009, 04:19 PM
So basically, the refs made the right call. UNLESS that pic is of the ball after lee touched it...I know you're good at getting those little animated segments, so prove me wrong.

If not, no harm no violation

NBA officials have come out and said that it's pretty much a "no call". It wasn't a direct violation of the rules, but an official would be within his right to make that call.

But there is no way a ref makes a call on that play. Unless it was obvious there is no way they make that call, and when it comes down to it, Gasol didn't affect the shot in anyway, so people need to stop crying.

oubronco
06-08-2009, 04:24 PM

PENALTY: If the violation is at the opponent's basket, the offended team is awarded two points, if the attempt is from the two point zone and three points if it is from the three point zone. The crediting of the score and subsequent procedure is the same as if the awarded score has resulted from the ball having gone through the basket, except that the official shall hand the ball to a player of the team entitled to the throw-in. If the violation is at a team's own basket, no points can be scored and the ball is awarded to the offended team at the free throw line extended on either sideline. If there is a violation by both teams, play shall be resumed by a jump ball between any two opponents at the center circle. All the above apparently doesnt mean **** when concerning the Lakers

he didn't even shake the rim and besides Lee just plain out missed the shot it was an awsome play but he missed it

broncofan2438
06-08-2009, 04:30 PM
Screw the Fakers....The series was over before it started....Lame ass series.....Lets get on with football already

TheManeMan
06-08-2009, 04:47 PM
I bet if Courtney Lee was wearing a Gold 24 jersey and Paul Gasol was wearing a White 12 jersey, all you guys would've had your panties in a bunch. :poke:

Oh and the ball had touched the backboard in the questioned play when Gasol hit the rim.

I dont have ability to capture GIF's here at work, I'll try to get one up laterz tonight.

Either way, Orlando doesnt deserve the Larry O'brien trophy.

Jason in LA
06-08-2009, 06:12 PM
I bet if Courtney Lee was wearing a Gold 24 jersey and Paul Gasol was wearing a White 12 jersey, all you guys would've had your panties in a bunch. :poke:

Oh and the ball had touched the backboard in the questioned play when Gasol hit the rim.

I dont have ability to capture GIF's here at work, I'll try to get one up laterz tonight.

Well i can say that wouldn't be true for me. Perfect example. Game 2 against the Nuggets. It's a jump ball with the Lakers down by 1 I believe, with like 5 seconds to play. The Lakers get the tip off as the ball falls to Ariza, who somehow trips and throws the ball and the game away. But wait, before Ariza caught the ball one of the Nugget players, I believe it was J.R. Smith, runs from one side of the circle that the players made to the other, which is a direct violation. The Lakers should have gotten the ball out of bounds.

Some Lakers fans complained. I wasn't one of them. The way I saw it was that the violation had no effect on the play, Smith running to the other side actually helped the Lakers because it was one less player on the side that Ariza was looking to pass too. But Ariza blew it. The violation had nothing to do with him blowing it. The Lakers simply loss the game. I thought that any Laker fan that was complaining needed to shut up and stop complaining.

Same goes for Magic fans and Laker haters. Stop complaining. The guy simply missed the shot and people are looking for the refs to save the day.

Boobs McGee
06-08-2009, 06:19 PM

LOL maybe ;)

anywho unfortunately I was in the car when it happened, so I was only listening. BUT, if if hit the backboard then he should have called it.

Jason makes a good point though, the refs within his right to not make the call, and probably made the right call in the no call.

I dunno, I'd probly pissed if I was a magic fan

Maximus
06-08-2009, 06:28 PM
This is for the Laker Haters

http://www.frontiernet.net/~junkmailbox3/Interference.jpg

Maximus
06-08-2009, 06:29 PM
score those 2 points and there is no Overtime!

Los Broncos
06-08-2009, 06:45 PM
This is for the Laker Haters

http://www.frontiernet.net/~junkmailbox3/Interference.jpg

I don't know how they missed that call, unreal.

Maximus
06-08-2009, 06:50 PM
I don't know how they missed that call, unreal.

There is really no excuse for them missing that call. The nets moved in a obvious fashion. the ball came out of the rim. Gasol went nuts! According to the Laker Hater logic... Stern must have something to do with that call. He must want the series to go 7 games. However, Kobe didn't get the Memo. Stick a fork in them and find that broom!

Maximus
06-08-2009, 07:08 PM

Watch the video from espn. They slowed it down. For the record I haven't seen 1 Laker Fan on this forum complain about the Refs yet!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=290607013

cutthemdown
06-08-2009, 08:10 PM

You kidding? I bet he doesn't even turn it on or check for the score. He is sulking wondering how come he didn't make finals. He's like wait a minute it was all fixed for me and kobe to battle it out.

Sorry Lebron you have to get to the finals yourself the comish won't help you. Cavs lost because no one player can do it alone. Players like Kobe and Lebron have to have some big guys to help.

Cavs need a better center.

cutthemdown
06-08-2009, 08:16 PM
There is really no excuse for them missing that call. The nets moved in a obvious fashion. the ball came out of the rim. Gasol went nuts! According to the Laker Hater logic... Stern must have something to do with that call. He must want the series to go 7 games. However, Kobe didn't get the Memo. Stick a fork in them and find that broom!

My brother almost popped a vein over that non call. I mean the dudes hands was blocking the ball from inside the rim lol.

Reminds me a little of when Lakers were crap, we had lost all yr and barely squeeked into playoffs. Vlade, Threat, etc were on the team.

We were playing the suns and Barkley and were upsetting them. Came down to last game where Barkely did an obvious goal tend to score a basket and get the win and the series. I can't remember the yr but after Barkely said where were all the Laker fans who cared during the yr when we were beating them by 20.

I'm so glad Barkley never won anything, I hate that dude!!!!! WHAT A LOSER no rings for you!!!

lex
06-08-2009, 08:34 PM
That's just silly. You're talking about one of the greatest post players to ever play the game, and you're saying he simply fouled his way to the basket everytime?

"committed numerous charge penalties"??? Of course he used his physical gifts to get the basket, but it was more often around guys rather than through them. And I would even argue the other way and say the only way you could stop him would be to beat the crap out of him, and because it happened so often players would get more leeway from officials when defending him.

And yes, the only thing that kept him from averaging 35 maybe even 40 ppg in a season was his free throw shooting.

Also, while I think Shaq was better, comparing him to Olajuwon is hardly a slight, considering they were both two of the top 5 centers ever to play.

No, like I said, Shaq never really evolved which means his best was never really better than Olajuwons best. I dont see how you can watch him and not see his caveman tactics of fouling his way to within a foot of the basket. He did it all the time. Every once in a while he would execute some drop-step spin type move but mostly it was the caveman tactics. And for that reason, he had no business averaging 35 points a game. He should have fouled out well before that most of the time. When you talk about Shaq, youre really talking about someone who had a size advantage over most of his contemporaries because, again, there was a dearth of centers on top of Shaq being massive. But the one thing you can say for them is that they could move their feet and hold their ground on a charge. It was evident every time Shaq played.

Los Broncos
06-08-2009, 10:10 PM

Hand me a napkin this series is over.

Boobs McGee
06-08-2009, 10:16 PM
No, like I said, Shaq never really evolved which means his best was never really better than Olajuwons best. I dont see how you can watch him and not see his caveman tactics of fouling his way to within a foot of the basket. He did it all the time. Every once in a while he would execute some drop-step spin type move but mostly it was the caveman tactics. And for that reason, he had no business averaging 35 points a game. He should have fouled out well before that most of the time. When you talk about Shaq, youre really talking about someone who had a size advantage over most of his contemporaries because, again, there was a dearth of centers on top of Shaq being massive. But the one thing you can say for them is that they could move their feet and hold their ground on a charge. It was evident every time Shaq played.

That "drop step spin move" was ****ing amazing. He had some of the quickest feet in Big man history. He could hit most anything from inside of ten feet. Jump hooks, banks, fadeaways...he could shoot them all. The majority of the time he caught passes on the blocks, opposing teams RAPED him. If his free throw shooting would've been anywhere near 70 percent you can bet your ass he'd be a LOT higher than fifth all time in scoring.

The fact that you can sit here and infer that his feet were slow and his game never evolved tell me that you never watched a lakers game in the last decade.

He used to lead fast breaks, break ankles, and throw it down on the biggest the nba had to offer.

PLEASE, continue with your absolutely USELESS knowledge of the NBA, because you truly make all of the other posters in this thread look einsteinian in comparison.

you fail.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUE_0LRxtpU

Boobs McGee
06-08-2009, 10:39 PM
I just keep re-reading your posts, and I just laugh.

Caveman tactics, huh? That drop step was his bread and butter, just like Kareem had the sky hook. But, apparently when you make the other players look like fools because they FALL OVER ONCE YOU'RE NOT THERE ANYMORE TO HOLD THEM UP, it's a caveman tactic. You do realize that's what's happening in all of those clips, don't you? When you put your full body weight on someone, and suddenly the make a rediculously quick move to the basket, you're going to stumble.

Is it a caveman tactic because he was bigger than the other poor widdle centers on the floor? That must mean Wilt never evolved either, right?

You need to quit paraphrasing the blogs you're reading and start forming logical and original thought.

I think he's a douche now, but there's no argument that he wasn't one of the most talented and dominant centers to EVER play the game.

Regular season MVP *and consequently that year he was second in rebounding and third in blocked shots.

FInals MVP three times

Two time NBA second defensive team

two NBA scoring titles

15 time all star

3 time all star MVP

4 ****ing rings.

Willynowei
06-08-2009, 11:28 PM

If using a player's strength and size to muscle through the defense is a caveman tactic then you've gotta review the games of ALOT of the NBA's great players. Theres a guy - 6'9, 290 without a single post up move, and who scores 90% of his points running people over and hitting free throws...

He also happens to be the MVP this year..

Man-Goblin
06-09-2009, 06:46 AM
That "drop step spin move" was ****ing amazing. He had some of the quickest feet in Big man history. He could hit most anything from inside of ten feet. Jump hooks, banks, fadeaways...he could shoot them all. The majority of the time he caught passes on the blocks, opposing teams RAPED him. If his free throw shooting would've been anywhere near 70 percent you can bet your ass he'd be a LOT higher than fifth all time in scoring.

The fact that you can sit here and infer that his feet were slow and his game never evolved tell me that you never watched a lakers game in the last decade.

He used to lead fast breaks, break ankles, and throw it down on the biggest the nba had to offer.

PLEASE, continue with your absolutely USELESS knowledge of the NBA, because you truly make all of the other posters in this thread look einsteinian in comparison.

you fail.

Bingo. It's obvious he has no clue what he is talking about. Shaq was the best center I've personally ever seen play.

As for Howard, I think his ceiling is David Robinson, but I'm not sure he has that much offensive skill. They are similar in a lot of ways, though, right down to the bible in their gym bag. I always thought Robinson was kind of a 4-5 tweener, and maybe that is exactly what Howard is. Perhaps Howard needs another PF-C type in the front court to truly take off on the offensive end? I dunno.

lex
06-09-2009, 07:01 AM

you fail.

The majority of the time it was caveman basketball with Shaq though. It was a process of watching him back into someone who had position to nudge him backwards with his big ass until eventually he was within a foot of the basket where he would then try to dunk. Essentially he would foul his way to within a foot of the basket. He did this all the time.

You are drastically overstating something that would happen occasionally and conveniently ignoring what he did a lot.

Ive actually liked Shaq for the most part but your whole take on how well rounded his game was is laughable.

lex
06-09-2009, 07:02 AM
Bingo. It's obvious he has no clue what he is talking about. Shaq was the best center I've personally ever seen play.

As for Howard, I think his ceiling is David Robinson, but I'm not sure he has that much offensive skill. They are similar in a lot of ways, though, right down to the bible in their gym bag. I always thought Robinson was kind of a 4-5 tweener, and maybe that is exactly what Howard is. Perhaps Howard needs another PF-C type in the front court to truly take off on the offensive end? I dunno.

How old are you?

Man-Goblin
06-09-2009, 08:18 AM
How old are you?

29. I really wasn't old enough to see Kareem, and obviously I did not see Chamberlain or Russell.

lex
06-09-2009, 08:26 AM
29. I really wasn't old enough to see Kareem, and obviously I did not see Chamberlain or Russell.

I saw Kareem in the 80s. I also remember a lot of Olajuwons and Ewings career. Id take both of them over Shaq, to be honest with you. I think Shaqs perceived dominance is really more Olajuwon and Ewing (but moreso Olajuwon) getting old. There was dearth of centers after Olajuwon, Robinson, and Ewing retired. Shaq benefited from this. He didnt really evolve as much as people think.

Man-Goblin
06-09-2009, 08:39 AM
I saw Kareem in the 80s. I also remember a lot of Olajuwons and Ewings career. Id take both of them over Shaq, to be honest with you. I think Shaqs perceived dominance is really more Olajuwon and Ewing (but moreso Olajuwon) getting old. There was dearth of centers after Olajuwon, Robinson, and Ewing retired. Shaq benefited from this. He didnt really evolve as much as people think.

Like I said, you may have a case with Olajuwon. Personally, I would take Shaq.

I never liked Ewing, always thought he was soft, and he played on some of the most unentertaining teams to watch that we've ever seen. But you can't forget that he was still playing at a pretty high level for the first 5 or 6 years of Shaq's career. Same with Hakeem, and if it weren't for Hakeem, Shaq probably has another ring.

lex
06-09-2009, 09:15 AM

I never liked Ewing, always thought he was soft, and he played on some of the most unentertaining teams to watch that we've ever seen. But you can't forget that he was still playing at a pretty high level for the first 5 or 6 years of Shaq's career. Same with Hakeem, and if it weren't for Hakeem, Shaq probably has another ring.

Yeah, well if it wasnt for Jordan retiring to play baseball, Olajuwon probably doesnt have two rings and Jordan probably has 8. But whatever. Like I said, around the time the likes of Olajuwon, Ewing, and Robinson were all retiring, they were being replaced by early entries like Tyson Chandler and Eddie Curry. Shaq benefited from this.

Popps
06-09-2009, 09:23 AM

Shaq wasn't half as skilled as Olajuwon, imo. Olajuwon could do it all. He could shoot from 15 feet out of he needed to.

BUT, Shaq is obviously the most physical center to ever play the game, and once inside, just couldn't be stopped. For that reason alone, at their prime... maybe Shaq was a more dominant player.

But, Hakeem was 10x more fun to watch, and just a complete basketball player. I'm far from an NBA expert, but he was probably my 2nd favorite player to watch, ever.

Shaq was always sort of dull to watch. Effective, but just the same thing over and over. Big, and too physical to stop underneath.

TheManeMan
06-09-2009, 10:25 AM
Sorry bronconia, No dice on the GIF last night, my girlfriend deleted it off the DVR to record get this....I'm a celebrity, get me outta here. I told her to never touch any of the electronics in the house again haha.

Watch the video from espn. They slowed it down. For the record I haven't seen 1 Laker Fan on this forum complain about the Refs yet!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=290607013

Max,

I wasn't talking about the Lakers fans on the Mane, I meant the people I see each and every day living here.

Man-Goblin
06-09-2009, 10:31 AM
Shaq wasn't half as skilled as Olajuwon, imo. Olajuwon could do it all. He could shoot from 15 feet out of he needed to.

BUT, Shaq is obviously the most physical center to ever play the game, and once inside, just couldn't be stopped. For that reason alone, at their prime... maybe Shaq was a more dominant player.

But, Hakeem was 10x more fun to watch, and just a complete basketball player. I'm far from an NBA expert, but he was probably my 2nd favorite player to watch, ever.

Shaq was always sort of dull to watch. Effective, but just the same thing over and over. Big, and too physical to stop underneath.

The amazing thing about Olajuwon was he was a great soccer and handball player in Nigeria and didn't even play basketball until he was a senior in high school. Think about that; he STARTED playing basketball at the same age that Kobe was drafted by the Lakers. The fact that he became one of the all-time greats is an unbelievable acheivment and quite a credit to his sheer athletic ability.

It's tough to compare him to Shaq because they were two completely different players that happened to play the same position. But like Hakeem, Shaq had great physical attributes that enabled him to dominate. He's similar to Wilt in that aspect, as people say that Chamberlain was such a massive guy that nobody could physically stop him. Chamberlain, too, was awful at shooting free throws.

TheManeMan
06-09-2009, 10:35 AM
For the record.

Hakeem and the Rockets swept a young Shaq on Orlando team.

Oh and 'The Dream' won his 2nd Finals MVP in a row.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gnAydeBY0S4&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gnAydeBY0S4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Jason in LA
06-09-2009, 11:19 AM
Hakeem had more skills, no question about that, but overall, Shaq was a better player. Size and strength is an attribute that you cannot discount. Shaq's size and strength over the course of his career was greater than Hakeem's skill.

Now, I would say that Shaq relied too much on his size and strength, which pissed me off a lot. Because he was bigger and stronger he never really worked on becoming a skilled big man. If Shaq had worked hard, and really worked on every aspect of his game, he would have gone down as the greatest player ever. To me there is no question about that. But he didn't see the need to. He didn't have the work ethic of other great players. As great as Shaq was, he could have been greater. That's kind of a shame.

Boobs McGee
06-09-2009, 03:36 PM
Sorry bronconia, No dice on the GIF last night, my girlfriend deleted it off the DVR to record get this....I'm a celebrity, get me outta here. I told her to never touch any of the electronics in the house again haha.

Max,

I wasn't talking about the Lakers fans on the Mane, I meant the people I see each and every day living here.

LOL a man's DVR is a sacred place, thank you for doing your part:notworthy

I actually dvr'd the sportscenter, and slowed that down. I think I'm wrong on this one, because the ball hit the backboard (on the upward travel of his shot) as Pau's hands were in the cylinder. So we got a little no call action :D

Boobs McGee
06-09-2009, 03:55 PM
The majority of the time it was caveman basketball with Shaq though. It was a process of watching him back into someone who had position to nudge him backwards with his big ass until eventually he was within a foot of the basket where he would then try to dunk. Essentially he would foul his way to within a foot of the basket. He did this all the time.

You are drastically overstating something that would happen occasionally and conveniently ignoring what he did a lot.

Ive actually liked Shaq for the most part but your whole take on how well rounded his game was is laughable.

So basically you're discounting low post play. Ever since I started watching basketball, when the pass comes to ANYONE in the paint and they're back is to the basket, unless they just turn and shoot (which shaq did on plenty of occasions), they back into the defender to get better position, then make some kind of move.

So because shaq used his advantageous size on many occasions, and NO you can point fingers all you want but it wasn't fouling the majority of the time, it's caveman?

He's a great example for you because his physicality was that much more than everyone elses...doesn't mean that everyone else wasn't using the same moves. The difference is, because they have to triple team him, "fans" like you decide that it's unfair and he has no skill, hence he fouls. If everyone who used their "big ass" to back people down fell into your particular categorization of center skill, you wouldn't have an argument.

Honestly man, whoever you are, I'm just going to stop replying to your posts. Apparently you're one of those guys who just has it in his mind that he's right, and can never concede points. Every time we've disagreed (or for that matter ANYONE you've disagreed with), you're right and they're wrong. Which is fine. But I'm done. I don't like arguing with ten year olds that make all encompassing end all presumptious accusations that are etched in stone.

It's okay to be wrong in life, I swear. Just admit it sometime. It really feels good.

When you open your mouth, this is what I picture coming out every time...

I'm never wrong. WEEeeellll, I was wrong once. See, i THOUGHT i was wrong, but I wasn't.

good luck in life

lex
06-09-2009, 04:01 PM
So basically you're discounting low post play. Ever since I started watching basketball, when the pass comes to ANYONE in the paint and they're back is to the basket, unless they just turn and shoot (which shaq did on plenty of occasions), they back into the defender to get better position, then make some kind of move.

So because shaq used his advantageous size on many occasions, and NO you can point fingers all you want but it wasn't fouling the majority of the time, it's caveman?

He's a great example for you because his physicality was that much more than everyone elses...doesn't mean that everyone else wasn't using the same moves. The difference is, because they have to triple team him, "fans" like you decide that it's unfair and he has no skill, hence he fouls. If everyone who used their "big ass" to back people down fell into your particular categorization of center skill, you wouldn't have an argument.

Honestly man, whoever you are, I'm just going to stop replying to your posts. Apparently you're one of those guys who just has it in his mind that he's right, and can never concede points. Every time we've disagreed (or for that matter ANYONE you've disagreed with), you're right and they're wrong. Which is fine. But I'm done. I don't like arguing with ten year olds that make all encompassing end all presumptious accusations that are etched in stone.

It's okay to be wrong in life, I swear. Just admit it sometime. It really feels good.

When you open your mouth, this is what I picture coming out every time...

I'm never wrong. WEEeeellll, I was wrong once. See, i THOUGHT i was wrong, but I wasn't.

good luck in life

Backing into people that have position to nudge them back is a charge and in Shaqs case he would often nudge guys multiple times until within a foot of the basket. Thats a charge. Its in the rules. Dont get upset. You know its true. But where Shaq is concerned Im not so sure I saw others as blatant with this but, moreover, I know no other centers who would routinely foul their way to the basket to this degree and then complain about being fouled after youve committed multiple fouls getting to the basket.

oubronco
06-09-2009, 05:42 PM
GO LAKERS

OABB
06-09-2009, 06:09 PM
I'm gonna side with Lex here. His basketball knowledge is unsurpassed.

oubronco
06-09-2009, 07:58 PM
man they are letting Howard do whatever he wants tonite damn refs

ha ha

spdirty
06-09-2009, 08:47 PM
why the hell didnt kobe do that against us?

azbroncfan
06-09-2009, 10:22 PM
Hakeem had more skills, no question about that, but overall, Shaq was a better player. Size and strength is an attribute that you cannot discount. Shaq's size and strength over the course of his career was greater than Hakeem's skill.

Now, I would say that Shaq relied too much on his size and strength, which pissed me off a lot. Because he was bigger and stronger he never really worked on becoming a skilled big man. If Shaq had worked hard, and really worked on every aspect of his game, he would have gone down as the greatest player ever. To me there is no question about that. But he didn't see the need to. He didn't have the work ethic of other great players. As great as Shaq was, he could have been greater. That's kind of a shame.

Did Hakeem ever have anyone that was even in the best player in the league conversation on his team? All of Shaq's teams did.

Jason in LA
06-09-2009, 11:06 PM
Looks like we have a series...well, that's if the Magic can win game 4.

Boobs McGee
06-09-2009, 11:24 PM
I'm gonna side with Lex here. His basketball knowledge is unsurpassed.

LOL dammit, how could I be so shortsighted. I defer to you sir, you're absolutely correct.

Anywho, horrible game tonight. As much as we wanted that game, the Magic wanted it more. Lewis KILLED us in the fourth. While our D was pretty decent in the first half, it's pretty tough to switch on the perimiter when EVERYBODY throwing up shots is hitting %60 plus percent. Personally, I thought Kobe and Lamar had ****ty games, and our free throw shooting was horrid. And by kobe having a ****ty game, I just thought he was doing too much (and understandably, because no one else seemed consistent), and what the hell was up with his free throws?

BUT, on a good note, that was the game I thought we were going to lose, so onward and upward.

LETS GO LAKE SHOW

DB-Freak
06-10-2009, 05:50 PM

Hakeem always played better than shaq in a face to face match up.

OABB
06-10-2009, 06:47 PM
I thought the Lakers played well last night and fought hard. They definitely aren't laying turds like they did with houston and denver....Orlando played great at home like a conference champ should....L.a. only needs to win one game outof the three on the road, and two wins the series. I pick the Lakers to win a close one tomorrow and lose game 5. they close it in 6...at home...and hopefully I get tickets again!

Inkana7
06-10-2009, 07:15 PM
Hakeem always played better than shaq in a face to face match up.

Hakeem could never defend Shaq, and Shaq could never defend Hakeem.

oubronco
06-11-2009, 01:48 PM
well here we go again GO LAKERS

Punisher
06-11-2009, 01:54 PM
I don't see Skip scoring 20 again and Pietrus making clutch plays any more.Lakers will win tonight 98-90

GO LAKERS

NFLBRONCO
06-11-2009, 03:30 PM
My gut feeling is 102 87 Lakers.

oubronco
06-11-2009, 06:33 PM
man if they are going to let the Magic hack and push so bad then they should let the Lakers do a little

this is a little ridiculous

watermock
06-11-2009, 07:41 PM
The NBA wants this to go at least 6.

Jason in LA
06-11-2009, 09:00 PM
Damn this is a game. Way to go Fish, now the Lakers need to take this one in OT.

I do find it interesting that the Magic shot 17 free throws to the Lakers 0 in the 4th. But Laker haters won't complain about that, only when it's the other way around.

CHANGSTER
06-11-2009, 09:14 PM
Man that was a good game!

Fish for player of the game.

Jason in LA
06-11-2009, 09:18 PM
Series over!

ohiobronco2
06-11-2009, 09:20 PM
How do you allow Derek Fisher to have an open 3. Was a f***ing stupid move by Nelson. Fisher is one of the most clutch shooters in post season history.

Kid A
06-11-2009, 09:21 PM
Magic: worst closing team to ever go to the Finals? Perhaps. They'll have trouble sleeping tonight, thinking of if they had made just one of those freebies down the stretch. Or, you know, covered Fischer on that last shot.

Props to LA. They found a way, and look like they'll ice this thing soon.

Punisher
06-11-2009, 09:22 PM
I don't see Skip scoring 20 again and Pietrus making clutch plays any more.Lakers will win tonight 98-90

GO LAKERS
99-91 Game over
Oh BABY! I should be going to Vegas with these predictions

Punisher
06-11-2009, 09:25 PM
http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/2009/images/06/12/game4-17-303-061109.jpg
WHERE DEREK FISHER HAPPENS

ohiobronco2
06-11-2009, 09:27 PM

Where Jameer Nelson riding the short bus happens. :~ohyah!:

Jason in LA
06-11-2009, 09:38 PM
Magic fans will probably cry that they aren't up 3 to 1 right now, but in reality, they're lucky this isn't a sweep!

R8R H8R
06-11-2009, 09:39 PM
How do you allow Derek Fisher to have an open 3. Was a ****ing stupid move by Nelson. Fisher is one of the most clutch shooters in post season history.

That's why he's called .4! Laker fans know what this means.

ohiobronco2
06-11-2009, 09:40 PM
Magic fans will probably cry that they aren't up 3 to 1 right now, but in reality, they're lucky this isn't a sweep!

An arguement could be made either way.

ohiobronco2
06-11-2009, 09:42 PM
That's why he's called .4! Laker fans know what this means.

Not a Laker fan, but even I know about his shot against the Spurs. Duncan hits a 3 to put them in the lead. Derek hits an amazing shot for the win. One of the most amazing things I've ever seen. Right up there with McGrady scoring 13 or so points in 30 sec. That was also against the Spurs.

BroncoBuff
06-11-2009, 09:45 PM
This is so AWESOME!

ONE MORE BABY!!

Punisher
06-11-2009, 09:47 PM

WHERE AMAZING HAPPENS

ohiobronco2
06-11-2009, 09:49 PM
This is so AWESOME!

ONE MORE BABY!!

OMG LARGE PURPLE FONT:D

Punisher
06-11-2009, 09:51 PM
OMG LARGE PURPLE FONT:D

THE PURPLE PEOPLE EATERS

GO LAKERS!

Paladin
06-11-2009, 09:53 PM
Somebody needs to smack that SOB Bryant in the fugging face with a 20 pound hammer. He should be suspended for two games for his elbow shot.....

Punisher
06-11-2009, 09:57 PM
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/36/74353965_27986ec68d.jpg?v=0
WHERE CHAMPIONSHIPS HAPPEN

broncofan2438
06-11-2009, 09:58 PM
Somebody needs to smack that SOB Bryant in the fugging face with a 20 pound hammer. He should be suspended for two games for his elbow shot.....

I absolutely agree. He's such a piece of crap. At the end of the game, he tried to step in like a tough guy......fag....such a pussy

Jason in LA
06-11-2009, 10:02 PM

The better team typically wins in a series. That's pretty much what's happening here.

ohiobronco2
06-11-2009, 10:06 PM
The better team typically wins in a series. That's pretty much what's happening here.

Yeah. The major factor in this whole series is that LA has a player who can create his own shot in a clutch situation. Orlando does not have that.

Boobs McGee
06-11-2009, 10:07 PM
[Thank You Fish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and thank you dwight/hedo for missing some key free throws

ONE MORE BABY!!!!!!

LETS

GO

LAKE SHOW!!!!!!!

Punisher
06-11-2009, 10:10 PM
[Thank You Fish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and thank you dwight/hedo for missing some key free throws

ONE MORE BABY!!!!!!

LETS

GO

LAKE SHOW!!!!!!!

ONE MORE

Boobs McGee
06-11-2009, 10:11 PM
SO ****ing CLOSE!!!!!!!!1

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-11-2009, 10:18 PM

Funny - I don't hear you crying about all the no-calls on the Magic for similar plays.

Smells like sore loser. :welcome:

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-11-2009, 10:20 PM
ONE MORE

I love a parade. :~ohyah!:

http://www.clublakers.com/forum/images/smilies/kobe2.gif

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-11-2009, 10:22 PM
I absolutely agree. He's such a piece of crap. At the end of the game, he tried to step in like a tough guy......fag....such a p***Y

http://www.clublakers.com/forum/images/smilies/haterade.gif

:mullet1: :mullet2:

4321~

OABB
06-11-2009, 10:23 PM
That was a classic. I was going to bitch about how bad the officiating was, but than I thought, good teams over come bad calls and bad teams whine, so I sat back and watched the best team in the league step up and man it felt good.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-11-2009, 10:25 PM
Yeah. The major factor in this whole series is that LA has a player who can create his own shot in a clutch situation. Orlando does not have that.

I wonder where all those Laker hater dipsh*ts who've been calling the Lakers "overrated" all season long are tonight?

(Especially that one clown who said "the Lakers won't even make it to the finals this year?")

Ha!

Punisher
06-11-2009, 10:26 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bInYEnhDYlo&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bInYEnhDYlo&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Los Broncos
06-11-2009, 10:27 PM
I enjoyed the Houston series the most, that went to a game 7 where anything could of happen.

ohiobronco2
06-11-2009, 10:28 PM
I wonder where all those Laker hater dipsh*ts who've been calling the Lakers "overrated" all season long are tonight?

(Especially that one clown who said "the Lakers won't even make it to the finals this year?")

Ha!

Who was that?

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-11-2009, 10:28 PM
SO ****ing CLOSE!!!!!!!!1

^5

http://www.clublakers.com/wp-content/uploads/lakersworldorder_cl_sm.jpg

Punisher
06-11-2009, 10:29 PM
Originally Posted by broncofan2438 http://orangemane.com/BB/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?p=2441863#post2441863)
I absolutely agree. He's such a piece of crap. At the end of the game, he tried to step in like a tough guy......fag....such a p***Y

How can you hate on greatness?

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ac4HOTcbf2o&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ac4HOTcbf2o&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-11-2009, 10:29 PM
Who was that?

Someone on the original NBA Playoffs thread.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-11-2009, 10:30 PM
How can you hate on greatness?

--> :mullet2:

DeusExManning
06-11-2009, 11:01 PM

Oh come on! Nelson ran up and surprised Kobe, you act as if Kobe would do that on purpose, at that time of the game. Ridiculous. Now wait for it... Paladin will respond with an Eagle rock zinger in 3... 2.... 1

dbfan4life
06-11-2009, 11:06 PM

Pietrus' shot to the back of Gasol was 100 time worse. Just plain dirty.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-11-2009, 11:09 PM
Pietrus' shot to the back of Gasol was 100 time worse. Just plain dirty.

Yep.

That dirty POS should be suspended for that type of shot.

Maximus
06-12-2009, 12:09 AM
There is no substitute for good coaching. Stan Van Dumby can say experience doesn't mean anything all he wants ( He's wrong about that ) but, he cannot say that good coaching doesn't make a difference. Phil Jackson out coached and out maneuvered Van Dumby. When he decided to insert Jameer Nelson in the first game I knew it would come back to bite him. Rafer Alston and Johnson were playing just fine and the Magic made it all season without Nelson. There is no common sense reason to have him playing at all. It's not like Nelson is the Go To Guy on the team.

The second thing is... Van Dumby is into all that Rah... Rah crap on the sideline instead of situational awareness. You always foul and you don't allow a player to pull up for a three. A good coach reminds his team of the situation. The media hacks can say that the Magic gave this game away all they want... the truth is The Lakers took this game and won it! Nobody said the Lakers gave away game 3 with Kobe missing 5 foul shots. ??? Everyone was talking about how the Lakers got beat.

OBF1
06-12-2009, 12:58 AM

Why don't you do it???

OBF1
06-12-2009, 01:01 AM

No, not really

OBF1
06-12-2009, 01:05 AM
We need to have an Orangemane-Lakers-Parade party. :)

Lake Show all the way!

cutthemdown
06-12-2009, 01:21 AM
Fisher had a huge night.

ohiobronco2
06-12-2009, 04:20 AM
No, not really

Well, if you say so.

Maximus
06-12-2009, 05:02 AM
Yep.

What do you expect from a Frenchmen... they never take shots from the front... if you face them they will surrender!

oubronco
06-12-2009, 06:03 AM
what a great come back win after a horribly called game

mr007
06-12-2009, 06:24 AM
SVG is a complete moron for going with Nelson over Alston, period.

The non-foul with 10 seconds left is completely retarded too... wtf was he thinking.

Jason in LA
06-12-2009, 09:59 AM

Kobe has thrown some dirty elbows in his career (like a lot of other great players), but that one last night certainly wasn't. Nelson runs up under him, and his elbows were already up when Nelson runs under him. All Kobe did was rotate to make a pass. Nothing dirty about that play.

And where have you been? You pretty much disappeared after calling me a homer simply for believing that my Lakers had a chance to win a game in Denver. Then they go out and win two games in Denver. Stop being a homer and a hater!

Jason in LA
06-12-2009, 10:02 AM
what a great come back win after a horribly called game

Pretty much. The Magic lived at the line in the 4th period, while the Lakers couldn't get a call, and the Lakers still won. After that game I don't want to hear fans complain that the league helps the Lakers win. If there is any conspiracy (which I think is silly), it was the NBA wanting a Game 6 and 7. But the Lakers weren't having that.

Mr.Meanie
06-12-2009, 10:19 AM
Pretty much. The Magic lived at the line in the 4th period, while the Lakers couldn't get a call, and the Lakers still won. After that game I don't want to hear fans complain that the league helps the Lakers win. If there is any conspiracy (which I think is silly), it was the NBA wanting a Game 6 and 7. But the Lakers weren't having that.

That was truly some horrible officiating, the worst I've seen in the playoffs this year. What was that call against Fisher when Howard basically laid him out with his forearm? We had to rewind it and play it in slow motion because they wouldn't show a replay.

That said, the Lakers certainly hit some clutch shots, but it was the Magic's game to lose. One extra FT from Turk or Howard, or Nelson actually playing D on Fisher's shot, or Ariza missing the prayer 3 with time running out, and the series is tied. Great game!

2 Finals games in OT, one decided by 1 shot... this has been one of the best NBA post seasons I can remember in a long, long time.

Jason in LA
06-12-2009, 10:32 AM
That was truly some horrible officiating, the worst I've seen in the playoffs this year. What was that call against Fisher when Howard basically laid him out with his forearm? We had to rewind it and play it in slow motion because they wouldn't show a replay.

That said, the Lakers certainly hit some clutch shots, but it was the Magic's game to lose. One extra FT from Turk or Howard, or Nelson actually playing D on Fisher's shot, or Ariza missing the prayer 3 with time running out, and the series is tied. Great game!

2 Finals games in OT, one decided by 1 shot... this has been one of the best NBA post seasons I can remember in a long, long time.

Yeah, that was a mixture of the Magic giving the game away, and the Lakers taking it. Both of those things had to happen for the Lakers to win. Missed free throws killed the Magic, but at the same time, the Lakers had to hit clutch shots.

Mr.Meanie
06-12-2009, 11:49 AM
The only thing that is kind of disappointing this win we'll likely not be able to see an epic game 7. But it would be pretty sweet if the Lakers closed it out game 6 at Staples.

Punisher
06-12-2009, 12:04 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v467/TheColdOne33/s_880ba1bd233c4bdd80554594b455d382.gif

✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡
06-12-2009, 12:30 PM
Jordan Farmer is Jewish! HOORAY!!!!!

http://www.jewishjournal.com/cover_story/article/jordan_farmar_and_the_jewish_hoops_future_20090422/

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-12-2009, 07:45 PM
Yeah, that was a mixture of the Magic giving the game away, and the Lakers taking it. Both of those things had to happen for the Lakers to win. Missed free throws killed the Magic, but at the same time, the Lakers had to hit clutch shots.

I guess Shaq was right when he said Howard stole all of his moves - at least where free throw shooting is concerned. Ha!

Punisher
06-14-2009, 09:47 AM
http://www.gifbin.com/bin/1237394415_laker-player-is-pissed.gif
BUMP

GO LAKERS
http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/sportatorium/NBA%20trophy.jpg

ohiobronco2
06-14-2009, 10:09 AM
BUMP

GO LAKERS
http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/sportatorium/NBA%20trophy.jpg

I have a strong feeling it won't happen tonight, but what the hell do I know. Did you see that the Cavs are pursuing SHAQTASTIC? :)

Jason in LA
06-14-2009, 10:13 AM
Tonight's the night!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/q78cGtORQRo&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/q78cGtORQRo&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Oh wait, it's not the night for that ;D. It's the night for this.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cALt7xQnqz0&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cALt7xQnqz0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Punisher
06-14-2009, 10:20 AM
I have a strong feeling it won't happen tonight, but what the hell do I know. Did you see that the Cavs are pursuing SHAQTASTIC? :)

That trade has EPIC FAIL written all over it,because Shaq can't stick the pick in roll and all the Magic do is the pick in roll.

Punisher
06-14-2009, 10:24 AM
Tonight's the night!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cALt7xQnqz0&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cALt7xQnqz0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

NO TIME FOR LOSERS BECAUSE WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS OF THE WORLD!!!

:griese: :griese: :griese: :griese:

Inkana7
06-14-2009, 10:36 AM
This thread is annoying.

slyinky
06-14-2009, 10:53 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v467/TheColdOne33/s_880ba1bd233c4bdd80554594b455d382.gif
"Titties-titties-titties!!! Ahhhhrrrggggg!!!"--yelled the rapist.

"Just stop it!!"--exclaimed the pouting fairy in a loud lisp. "I only want Kobe to touch me," he thought to himself, "why won't he touch me?"

Los Broncos
06-14-2009, 03:04 PM
I don't think the Magic will recover from game 4, Lakers take it all today.

lex
06-14-2009, 04:07 PM
Yep.

Was Kobe suspended for elbowing Artest in the throat?

Los Broncos
06-14-2009, 04:09 PM
Was Kobe suspended for elbowing Artest in the throat?

The rule book states any elbow thrown above the shoulders is an automatic ejection.

Boobs McGee
06-14-2009, 06:02 PM
FINALLY playing some D. ****!@#! That first quarter was horrible, now we're settlin in a little bit. Trevor arieza is playing like a seasoned vet right now. Hard to believe this is his first playoffs.

I haven't bitched at all about the refs ALL playoffs, but for a minute there I was gettin a little heated. I swear lamar odom gets the worst calls in the league :(

LETS GO LAKE SHOW

Boobs McGee
06-14-2009, 06:03 PM
ANOTHER steal

Boobs McGee
06-14-2009, 06:41 PM
whooooo WHEEEEEE!

Lamar odom is ON tonight folks.

oubronco
06-14-2009, 06:46 PM
GO LAKERS !!!

Boobs McGee
06-14-2009, 07:01 PM
lol is that gary bussey in your avy?

GO LAKE SHOW!!!!!

just gotta keep pourin it on here

cutthemdown
06-14-2009, 07:06 PM
It's almost over!!!!!

Congratulations Lakers 2009 NBA Champions!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah, Hey Shaq **** off!!!!!!!!

Boobs McGee
06-14-2009, 07:11 PM
not comfortable yet. The magic can shoot threes, ESPECIALLY if we soften up on D here....only up thirteen right now :(

Boobs McGee
06-14-2009, 07:12 PM
Ok, Now Its Kobe Time!

cutthemdown
06-14-2009, 07:15 PM
Meh Orlando just not on par with Lakers. It's over with, turn out the lights, the jello is jiggling.

Too bad Chick Hearn not around to call another Lakers are NBA CHAMPIONS!!!!

Boobs McGee
06-14-2009, 07:29 PM
Come On Now Lake Show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boobs McGee
06-14-2009, 07:31 PM
THERE we go! NOW it's OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHOOOOOOOOOPTY WHOOOOOOOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WAY TO GO LAKERS! CHAMPS!!!!!!

Boobs McGee
06-14-2009, 07:33 PM
Lakers vs Nuggs in the west. After the nuggs go six with the hornets, they come back and sweep the spurs.

Lake show takes it in 5 with the jazz, same with portland.

I think we win it in 6, better luck next year nuggies.

Lakers beat the magic in 5.
WHOOPTY WHOOP

And p.s. everybody, I win :wiggle:

CHAMPS!!!!!!!

THATS THE ****ING WAY TO DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hey shaq, how's my ass taste??

Boobs McGee
06-14-2009, 07:36 PM
and p.s., kudos to the magic for playin a great finals!

Look out next year for the nuggies everybody.

BUT FOR RIGHT NOW, ITS PURPLE AND GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLD!!!!!!!

Man-Goblin
06-14-2009, 07:37 PM
Congrats to the Lakers. They showed that they were clearly the best team.

cutthemdown
06-14-2009, 07:41 PM
This is so huge for Kobe.

Lakers should now try to keep whole team together.

Boobs McGee
06-14-2009, 07:41 PM
Congrats to the Lakers. They showed that they were clearly the best team.

Thanks brada ^5

Boobs McGee
06-14-2009, 07:42 PM
This is so huge for Kobe.

Lakers should now try to keep whole team together.

We're seriously set for the next few years. Young young team, it's gonna be like the end of the millenium again :thumbs:

SouthStndJunkie
06-14-2009, 07:44 PM
Props to the Lakers.

Popps
06-14-2009, 07:54 PM
I'm going to go flip some cars over.

Popps
06-14-2009, 07:55 PM
What's with Stewart Scott's MC Hammer suit?

Boobs McGee
06-14-2009, 07:55 PM
LOL flip a couple for me :D

Los Broncos
06-14-2009, 08:03 PM
Congrats to the Lakers and Laker fans, you earned it, time to celebrate.

OBF1
06-14-2009, 08:40 PM
I just lit the neighborhood on fire and kicked the neighbors cat.

WOOOOOHOOOOOO

This one feels great. Way to play with passion tonight guys.

L A K E R S baby

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-14-2009, 08:54 PM
http://d.yimg.com/i/ng/sp/ap_photo/20090615/all/l3861826.jpg
http://estaticos03.marca.com/imagenes/2009/06/15/baloncesto/nba/1245033432_1.jpg
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/74/fullj.ab178098f8720988b67c30a34eedf73f/ab178098f8720988b67c30a34eedf73f-getty-88095590cc094_nba_finals_ga.jpg
http://d.yimg.com/i/ng/sp/ap_photo/20090615/all/l3861827.jpg

http://www.clublakers.com/forum/images/smilies/ball1.gifhttp://www.clublakers.com/forum/images/smilies/ball1.gifhttp://www.clublakers.com/forum/images/smilies/ball1.gif

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-14-2009, 08:55 PM

http://d.yimg.com/i/ng/sp/ap_photo/20090615/all/l3861815.jpg

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/7a/fullj.64a0fe6d2bebc7271433abf72a3b466f/64a0fe6d2bebc7271433abf72a3b466f-getty-88095590cc098_nba_finals_ga.jpg

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-14-2009, 09:53 PM
Congrats to the Lakers and Laker fans, you earned it, time to celebrate.

Thanks! ^5

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/LakerFanIam/XXXX.jpg

24champ
06-14-2009, 10:53 PM
Laker flags everywhere here in LA! Celebration time!

✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡
06-15-2009, 01:22 AM
Lakers fans, feeling you!

http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/5642/victhebrickjacobs.jpg (http://img196.imageshack.us/i/victhebrickjacobs.jpg/)

oubronco
06-15-2009, 08:10 AM
lol is that gary bussey in your avy?

GO LAKE SHOW!!!!!

just gotta keep pourin it on here

no it's the one and only John Elway

broncofan2438
06-15-2009, 08:19 AM
Who gives a crap. Crappy series. Moron noneducated Laker fans starting fires and injuring police...idiots

Boobs McGee
06-15-2009, 10:42 AM
no it's the one and only John Elway

WOW haha my bad, his greatness looks a little gary bussey-esque there.

24champ
06-16-2009, 03:33 PM
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/a7/fullj.79a8ed1fa53d3e74c04e0f6ffacc9994/79a8ed1fa53d3e74c04e0f6ffacc9994-getty-88501369ng002_lakers_lax.jpg

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/a3/fullj.a351dccb7e141afd568d2040cfe58a3b/a351dccb7e141afd568d2040cfe58a3b-getty-88501369ng009_lakers_lax.jpg

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/1f/fullj.b2a7d7f6023a896587da8d8e81b87eff/b2a7d7f6023a896587da8d8e81b87eff-getty-88501369ng008_lakers_lax.jpg

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-16-2009, 07:46 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_ri65Spg0Ts&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_ri65Spg0Ts&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-16-2009, 07:48 PM
Who gives a crap. Crappy series. Moron noneducated Laker fans starting fires and injuring police...idiots

http://faroutshirts.com/images/soreLoser-pnged.png

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-16-2009, 08:26 PM
http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/multimedia/photo_gallery/0906/finals.portraits/images/5.jpg
http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/multimedia/photo_gallery/0906/finals.portraits/images/4.jpg
http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/multimedia/photo_gallery/0906/finals.portraits/images/3.jpg

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-16-2009, 08:29 PM
http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/multimedia/photo_gallery/0906/finals.portraits/images/2.jpg
http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/multimedia/photo_gallery/0906/finals.portraits/images/1.jpg
http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/multimedia/photo_gallery/0906/finals.portraits/images/6.jpg

24champ
06-17-2009, 12:04 AM
http://thelakersnation.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/0616floorperistyle.jpg

http://thelakersnation.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/0616peristyle.jpg

broncocalijohn
06-17-2009, 12:22 AM

can u go away? Lakers are the most loved in SoCal over all other teams and u come in here as a debbie downer. You really think those idiots are Lakers fans at heart? They are Dodgers fans.

BTW: Shaq, how does Kobe's A$$ taste now?

OBF1
06-17-2009, 12:38 AM
No kidding... Shaq, how do you like your KOBE ass served?

BroncoBuff
06-17-2009, 11:07 AM
What's the over/under on how many photos of the parade LABF posts?

I'll peg it at 14 ..... any takers?

Punisher
06-17-2009, 12:58 PM
GO LAKERS! sorry i wasn't here to celebrate because i was out partying :)

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-17-2009, 04:53 PM
can u go away? Lakers are the most loved in SoCal over all other teams and u come in here as a debbie downer. You really think those idiots are Lakers fans at heart? They are Dodgers fans.

BTW: Shaq, how does Kobe's A$$ taste now?

Now there's a post I can co-sign. :~ohyah!:

http://a323.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_sports_nba_experts__26/ept_sports_nba_experts-512273935-1245266464.jpg?ymhYtbBD2u4DpLZg

cutthemdown
06-17-2009, 04:56 PM
So can Lakers even hope to keep Ariza and Odom?

Will Odom want to leave to be a starter for sure, or does he like his new role in LA?

Will Ariza get an offer and leave?

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-17-2009, 04:57 PM
What's the over/under on how many photos of the parade LABF posts?

I'll peg it at 14 ..... any takers?

How long will it take someone to say "look - he posted pics: the Lakers must not have really won the championship?" Ha!

cutthemdown
06-17-2009, 04:59 PM
Thanks! ^5

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/LakerFanIam/XXXX.jpg

It would have been nice to get in over on Boston instead of Orlando. Beating Orlando sort of like when we beat Falcons. The one vs Green Bay just better because they were a bigger name team.

BroncoBuff
06-17-2009, 05:07 PM
How long will it take someone to say "look - he posted pics: the Lakers must not have really won the championship?" Ha!

Wait ... I don't get it ???

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-21-2009, 03:23 AM
Wait ... I don't get it ???

You know - the same yokels who tend to hate all things L.A. and their argument that posting images somehow automatically invalidates anything you might have to say? Ha!

Anyway, this clip's for you: :yayaya:

Kobe Cuts Through The Entire Magic Defense

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1pSEE5qGclA&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1pSEE5qGclA&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-21-2009, 03:24 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gNHkd0n9P34&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gNHkd0n9P34&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rlmLoUm2t18&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rlmLoUm2t18&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-21-2009, 03:27 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/r3CIW-X9-Iw&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/r3CIW-X9-Iw&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/S27G8VJfJ_A&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/S27G8VJfJ_A&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Punisher
06-21-2009, 10:30 AM
Go Lakers

24champ
06-23-2009, 11:40 AM
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zTjaSHmvGRw&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zTjaSHmvGRw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

8')

worm
07-09-2009, 08:49 PM
First, the press stiff-arm and pouting episode after the Cavs were exposed...

Now the need to protect his image at all costs with 'dunk-gate'.

King James is starting to show some tarnish.

Man-Goblin
07-09-2009, 09:46 PM
The whole fiasco is so stupid, but it will never go away. It's now going to be 100 fold worse than it would have been had the tape surfaced.

Broncosfreak_56
07-09-2009, 10:12 PM
First, the press stiff-arm and pouting episode after the Cavs were exposed...

Now the need to protect his image at all costs with 'dunk-gate'.

King James is starting to show some tarnish.

Or the media is being over dramatic about everything and the mindless drones who read that crap THINK he is "show(ing) some tarnish".

24champ
07-09-2009, 10:14 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/Kobe-4-Rings-Lebron-Zero-Rings-Winless-Shirt-Cavs-Sz-L_W0QQitemZ230353569275QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_CSA_M C_Shirts?hash=item35a22485fb&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12

LOL

worm
07-10-2009, 12:32 AM
Or the media is being over dramatic about everything and the mindless drones who read that crap THINK he is "show(ing) some tarnish".

Possibly. I drove 12 hours today from Priest to Seattle and right back to Priest. So I was definitely a mindless drone. I had to hear that story incessantly.

The way it was repeated ad nausium was that the vid got confiscated right after the dunk and LeBron made a stink. The Nike suits then duped the kid into giving up the tape, lied, then eventually tried to spin it when all the pub came out.

Personally I could give a crap. However, I personally guarantee if the same thing had happened to Kobe there would be a ton of people posting it in multiple threads and talking about how Kobe eats unborn babies.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
07-10-2009, 01:05 AM
Personally I could give a crap. However, I personally guarantee if the same thing had happened to Kobe there would be a ton of people posting it in multiple threads and talking about how Kobe eats unborn babies.

Ding ding ding! :yep:

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
07-30-2009, 07:35 PM
Attn: Lakers Fans:

You might want to go here: http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?p=2487895#post2487895 http://www.clublakers.com/images/smilies/mhihi.gif

Boobs McGee
07-30-2009, 07:42 PM
that is AWESOME news. I know lamar was off and on last year, but dammit he's good when he's on.

Having that other big man on the floor, who consequently can shoot and drive like a point guard, really created some great mismatches. LOVED ariza, but I think ron ron's gonna add that tough defender we need to keep from lookin so soft sometimes.

Back to BACK (to back) baby!

oubronco
07-30-2009, 07:44 PM
Hell Yea Baby !!!

Punisher
07-30-2009, 08:02 PM
The Prison Inmates just found out The Lamar Odom News!<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hMnk7lh9M3o&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hMnk7lh9M3o&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

24champ
07-30-2009, 08:14 PM
http://atthebox.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/lamar-odom.jpg

http://lastheplace.com/images/article-images/1aLatest2008Writers/Latest%20for%20new%20server/MTV-Lamar-Odom.jpg

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2009/0714/nba_g_odom_600.jpg

:thumbs:

Punisher
07-30-2009, 08:21 PM
GO LAKERS!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.myairshoes.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/NBA-Feet-Lakers-Championship-Parade-Puppets-4-Rings-Carpe-Diem-T-Shirts.jpg

Punisher
07-30-2009, 08:27 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FvSCBY1bYTg&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FvSCBY1bYTg&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Punisher
07-30-2009, 08:37 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/F0Si3ihNcs4&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/F0Si3ihNcs4&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
07-30-2009, 10:03 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FvSCBY1bYTg&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FvSCBY1bYTg&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

http://www.clublakers.com/images/smilies/stunoicecluh7.gif:~ohyah!:

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
07-30-2009, 10:06 PM
that is AWESOME news. I know lamar was off and on last year, but dammit he's good when he's on.

Having that other big man on the floor, who consequently can shoot and drive like a point guard, really created some great mismatches. LOVED ariza, but I think ron ron's gonna add that tough defender we need to keep from lookin so soft sometimes.

Back to BACK (to back) baby!

Truth.

Losing LO would have hurt - especially if Bynum isn't healthy.

Our front court depth is what makes us so dominant - when LO comes off the bench there's no drop-off.

http://www.clublakers.com/images/smilies/ball1.gif

24champ
07-30-2009, 10:12 PM
I want the Celtics in the Finals, some payback is in order.

Punisher
07-31-2009, 08:24 AM
I want the Celtics in the Finals, some payback is in order.

I can see it now Artest Face to Face with KG after a hard Foul! GO LAKERS!

24champ
08-10-2009, 12:27 PM
Congratulations Kurt Rambis on getting the job in Minny.

Took 25 years, but he finally gets back at McHale by taking his job.

Byron Scott for Lakers coach in 2010.

worm
09-02-2009, 08:07 AM
Congratulations Kurt Rambis on getting the job in Minny.

Took 25 years, but he finally gets back at McHale by taking his job.

Byron Scott for Lakers coach in 2010.

Good luck to Kurt. Well over due.

Can't wait for the Lakers Title defense season. I want to see them win 70.