PDA

View Full Version : The Official 2009 NBA Playoffs Thread (M)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15

NFLBRONCO
05-27-2009, 08:16 PM
The Nuggets are missing every shot, are turning the ball over, and have scored like 3 points in the last several minutes. It's not the refs.

Yep

Jason in LA
05-27-2009, 08:16 PM
Bottom line, when you don't score points, the other team goes on a run. Both teams have been scoring all night, until this stretch.

oubronco
05-27-2009, 08:17 PM
The gamecast on ESPN even rang Brown up for a Technical, but since both him AND Gasol committed T's they ignored Browns so the Nuggets wouldn't get any momentum. It was erased 30 seconds later off the online gamecast. Someone phoned these in.

Not to mention the BS call at the beginning that kept LA in it when chauncy got called for a charge.

Dude didn't they just cut Kobe in half and not call anything?

theAPAOps5
05-27-2009, 08:19 PM
The nuggets have just completely packed it in.

Doggcow
05-27-2009, 08:20 PM
Dude didn't they just cut Kobe in half and not call anything?

They called a foul. Not like Melo hacked him in the face like they did to Anderson on Monday.

lex
05-27-2009, 08:21 PM
The Nuggets have more characters than character.

oubronco
05-27-2009, 08:21 PM
They called a foul. Not like Melo hacked him in the face like they did to Anderson on Monday.

they called it on the drive not when they cut in half and this ain't monday

Los Broncos
05-27-2009, 08:22 PM
Game over and series over.

theAPAOps5
05-27-2009, 08:22 PM
Game over and series over.

Post saved to make fun if it isn't because stupid comments like this come back to bite you.

Doggcow
05-27-2009, 08:23 PM
Where was the foul on Smith? Gasol backing into him?

NFLBRONCO
05-27-2009, 08:23 PM
I'm amazed we aren't down by 20.

Los Broncos
05-27-2009, 08:24 PM
Post saved to make fun if it isn't because stupid comments like this come back to bite you.

Denver's only chance of winning the series was tonight, no way Denver comes back to LA for game 7 and leaves a winner.

Doggcow
05-27-2009, 08:25 PM
they called it on the drive not when they cut in half and this ain't monday

So what are you saying? Since it isn't monday they should ref inconsistently? That makes sense.

spdirty
05-27-2009, 08:31 PM
**** The Nba!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Was an Offensive foul on Gasol but of course Laker cheatin bull**** kicks in!

theAPAOps5
05-27-2009, 08:32 PM
Denver's only chance of winning the series was tonight, no way Denver comes back to LA for game 7 and leaves a winner.

Oooops lead down to 4. But don't worry the Sterns made sure to help the cause.

Natedog24
Ouch, ok now that was a pretty horrible call to foul out Nene on

Doggcow
Feel bad for Nane, that was definitely a charge.

lex
That call on Nene was a momentum killer...really raw.

DHallblows
05-27-2009, 08:34 PM
So what are you saying? Since it isn't monday they should ref inconsistently? That makes sense.

Don't you fret, they're still being inconsistent...

lex
05-27-2009, 08:34 PM
Thats a foul on Kieza? They havent called that all game.

theAPAOps5
05-27-2009, 08:35 PM
Wow the Sterns are taking over. The fix is in. It was fair until the 4th Quarter.

spdirty
05-27-2009, 08:35 PM
**** reminds me of West Finals Game 6. If I were around Stern or these refs right now I seriously might go to jail for assault.

Garcia Bronco
05-27-2009, 08:36 PM
There's the NBA I know.

Doggcow
Wow they wont call anything on LA.

theAPAOps5
Too bad the Sterns can't control the actual FT attempts but man the Lakers D has stepped up.

theAPAOps5
05-27-2009, 08:37 PM
Can the announcers be any more biases. "Letting them play" what a ****ing joke.

lex
05-27-2009, 08:37 PM
Carmelo gets raped at the other end and nothing. Here we go.

BTW, why doesnt E!SPN show that one?

spdirty
05-27-2009, 08:38 PM
Can the announcers be any more biases. "Letting them play" what a ****ing joke.

No replays when the Nuggets "foul" them. Wonder why?

Garcia Bronco
05-27-2009, 08:39 PM
Make no mistake... The nugs are getting out played. But they need to play by the same rules for the entire game.

DHallblows
05-27-2009, 08:40 PM
At the very least, why couldn't we get TNT for any games ??? It's one thing having to watch biased refereeing, but having to listen to biased announcing too? :pity:

Jason in LA
You people blaming the refs have been waiting all series to use that BS excuse. The refs haven't been calling anything on either side. They are letting them play.

As for Nene, tell that guy to stop flopping. He's got to be a good 270, 280 lbs, and he's falling down over that little contact. That's what he gets for flopping. I hate floppers.

theAPAOps5
Despite the horrid calls this quarter Chauncey hasn't helped. He has just gone cold and they are settling for 3's now.

Doggcow
05-27-2009, 08:41 PM
Nuggets arnt getting outplayed, they're just missing wide open shots.

NFLBRONCO
05-27-2009, 08:42 PM
Denver lost by poor shooting period

theAPAOps5
You people blaming the refs have been waiting all series to use that BS excuse. The refs haven't been calling anything on either side. They are letting them play.

As for Nene, tell that guy to stop flopping. He's got to be a good 270, 280 lbs, and he's falling down over that little contact. That's what he gets for flopping. I hate floppers.

Shut the **** up. With Gasol and Vuyachich (sp?) the biggest floppers in the series. Go sell stupid somewhere else this board is full up! :kiss:

Just kidding. Nene put himself in that situation but that last one was crap.

DHallblows
I hate floppers.

Not a fan of Pau then?

Meck77
05-27-2009, 08:45 PM
You people blaming the refs have been waiting all series to use that BS excuse.

It's a joke. We made 3 shots out of the last 21 attempts. Yeah sterns did that also.

Meanwhile Phil Jackson has his guys doing lay ups while we're throwing up ****in prayers.

lex
05-27-2009, 08:46 PM
I agree that the refereeing has been even handed until tonight. But tonight the refs nudged the game as they have a bad rep of doing. It was a call foul on Billups when Fisher throws the ball out of bounds. It was an obvious charge on Gasol. It was ignoring Anthony getting raped on a shot. But then when Kleiza maybe grazes Ariza on a shot, its a 3 pt opportunity.

Tonight was the first night the Nuggets fans have a legitimate claim to bad officiating.

spdirty
05-27-2009, 08:47 PM
JR 1-10 from 3.

broncswin
05-27-2009, 08:53 PM
JR 1-10 from 3.

He should have showed up, but so should've the FUCing REFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

spdirty
05-27-2009, 08:55 PM
He should have showed up, but so should've the FUCing REFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hastings and Hanzlik are rightfully killing the refs right now.

Scott said this was the worst officiated game other than last night in any series this playoff.

BroncoBuff
05-27-2009, 08:55 PM
Until the start of the 4th, I thought we were definitely the better team.

Now I don't know ... when Chauncey plays poorly like tonight, we're pretty ordinary.

spdirty
05-27-2009, 08:57 PM

Now I don't know ... when Chauncey plays poorly like tonight, we're pretty ordinary.

Chauncey looked like bad AI in the 4th.

24champ
05-27-2009, 09:13 PM
Nuggets...You aren't beating the Lakers.

Be serious.

Not last year, not this year, not next year.

Try NEVER! And like it.

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/52/fullj.cb000f34b176dca32c79f744ef4e54ed/cb000f34b176dca32c79f744ef4e54ed-getty-.jpg
"Get out of the way b*tchman."

BroncoBuff
05-27-2009, 09:15 PM
Chauncey looked like bad AI in the 4th.
Excellent comparison ... quick penetrations into the lane, then kick-out passes. But these kick-outs didn't make any sense.

And I think J.R. couldn't get on track shooting partly because Chauncey wasn't confident, wasn't leading the offense, J.R. was handling the ball and setting up plays too much. Things are much better when Chauncey's running the offense and J.R. works free, then catches and shoots.

spdirty
05-27-2009, 09:18 PM
Excellent comparison ... quick penetrations into the lane, then kick-out passes. But these kick-outs didn't make any sense.

And I think J.R. couldn't get on track shooting partly because Chauncey wasn't confident, wasn't leading the offense, J.R. was handling the ball and setting up plays too much. Things are much better when Chauncey's running the offense and J.R. works free, then catches and shoots.

Yep. Can't believe we actually outrebounded them 43-42.

cutthemdown
05-27-2009, 09:19 PM
5 more wins and Lakers are Champs. They are close. Denver still in it though.

I was thinking for awhile Nuggets a lot better then I thought. But I sort of think now maybe what we have is 4 pretty good basketball teams left, but not much separating them.

montrose
05-27-2009, 09:25 PM
Again the Nuggets greatest weakness shows: George Karl. Horrible rotation management, inability to call set plays down the strech and unacceptable (lack of) working the refs. The fact the Nugz have made it this far with that goof is a miracle. What I'd give for Phil Jackson...

BroncoBuff
05-27-2009, 09:25 PM

Be serious.

Try NEVER! And like

"Get out of the way b*tchman."

Crazy nonsense smack talk like this ... in such a ridiculously tight series?

Talking like that just proves you don't know much about basketball ALF.

Nobody should be talking smack in either of these Conference Finals.

BroncoBuff
05-27-2009, 09:27 PM
Again the Nuggets greatest weakness shows: George Karl. Horrible rotation management, inability to call set plays down the strech and unacceptable (lack of) working the refs. The fact the Nugz have made it this far with that goof is a miracle. What I'd give for Phil Jackson...

That might be right, but Chauncey also played pretty badly. I barely noticed when he came in and out of the game.

spdirty
05-27-2009, 09:31 PM
Karl gonna take a fine to send his message.

spdirty
05-27-2009, 09:32 PM
Just the fact that the press is asking Karl questions about this shlt tells the story. NBA is so ****ed.

lex
05-27-2009, 09:35 PM
Hastings and Hanzlik are rightfully killing the refs right now.

Scott said this was the worst officiated game other than last night in any series this playoff.

Not to diminish their point that the officiating was bad but it actually wasnt the worst officiated game of this playoffs. Unfortunately there were several that were at least as bad.

24champ
05-27-2009, 09:36 PM
Crazy nonsense smack talk like this ... in such a ridiculously tight series?

It's over. Nuggets continue to lose their cool and keep getting t'd up. Not the kind of team that wins Championships. I expect the Lakers to close this one up on Friday.

spdirty
05-27-2009, 09:37 PM
It's over. Nuggets continue to lose their cool and keep getting t'd up. Not the kind of team that wins Championships. I expect the Lakers to close this one up on Friday.

Just like you expected to bring your broom in Game 4 right?:kiddingme

lex
05-27-2009, 09:38 PM

He has been the whole series. Its been a severe dropoff for him from the previous series. He needs to knock down more outside shots. He started off ok but dropped off. Now Kleiza looks like he has cooled off too.

24champ
05-27-2009, 09:41 PM

That was in jest. I expected this series to go 5-6, Lakers of course.

theAPAOps5
05-27-2009, 09:42 PM

Wow you just talk out of your ass this will go 7. And you clearly have no clue about the NBA. Aren't you the one who said Bynum would dominate. Yeah you sure are spot on with your "knowledge" :spit:

24champ
05-27-2009, 09:45 PM
Wow you just talk out of your ass this will go 7. And you clearly have no clue about the NBA. Aren't you the one who said Bynum would dominate. Yeah you sure are spot on with your "knowledge" :spit:

Speaking of Bynum, I am curious to see how he does against Dwight Howard soon.;)

montrose
05-27-2009, 09:49 PM
That might be right, but Chauncey also played pretty badly. I barely noticed when he came in and out of the game.

Chauncey didn't have his best game, but it's hard to play and coach at the same time. George Karl is an embarrasment, I've never seen a coach in any sport **** up a talented roster for as many years as he has. The fact Melo sat as long as he did, that he refused (again) to put Jones back in the game despite his playing of solid defense and driving to the hoop to draw fouls and once again demonstrated an inability to stretch his roster and use fouls from Balkman and Petro drives me nuts. Worst of all, can we run set plays!!! How hard is it to get the ball inbounds? For the 3rd time in the series, we turn it over - leading to a wide open Sasha 3 pointer letting LA go into half time feeling great about themselves. When was the last time the Nuggets ran a solid play at the end of a quarter? Instead we wind chucking up contested shots because there's no organization.

Phil Jackson is coaching circles around Karl and it's a testament to this roster that the Nuggets are hanging around.

theAPAOps5
05-27-2009, 09:53 PM
Speaking of Bynum, I am curious to see how he does against Dwight Howard soon.;)

Well seeing as how he can't do **** against our crap front court I think he fouls out by halftime and is out of a Laker uniform after being swept by Orlando. Now what I can't wait to see is if you show your face after that happens or if you will pull a Drama Llama and go MIA for weeks.

It will be interesting! :kiss:

NFLBRONCO
05-27-2009, 09:55 PM
Chauncey didn't have his best game, but it's hard to play and coach at the same time. George Karl is an embarrasment, I've never seen a coach in any sport **** up a talented roster for as many years as he has. The fact Melo sat as long as he did, that he refused (again) to put Jones back in the game despite his playing of solid defense and driving to the hoop to draw fouls and once again demonstrated an inability to stretch his roster and use fouls from Balkman and Petro drives me nuts. Worst of all, can we run set plays!!! How hard is it to get the ball inbounds? For the 3rd time in the series, we turn it over - leading to a wide open Sasha 3 pointer letting LA go into half time feeling great about themselves. When was the last time the Nuggets ran a solid play at the end of a quarter? Instead we wind chucking up contested shots because there's no organization.

Phil Jackson is coaching circles around Karl and it's a testament to this roster that the Nuggets are hanging around.

Do you see them firing him?

Jason in LA
05-27-2009, 09:57 PM

I'm not looking forward to that match up

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/Jlewis3233/l5A5C1384.jpg

(Photo by Jason in LA)

OABB
05-27-2009, 09:59 PM
Just got back from the game...It was electric in Staples. It was nice to see the Lakers pass the ball and play some D for once.

i Hope they stop toying with the Nuggets and put them away on Fri.

But, I have to give credit where it is due...

The Nuggets are one hell of a team and are very close to being legit championship caliber.

All they need is to get Jr Smith to mature and they will be golden.

This is a fun series and if you Nuggets fans weren't so whiney it would be even more fun.

Go Lakers.

also, Birdman didn't like me continually asking him if he wanted to buy an eightball from me...

24champ
05-27-2009, 10:03 PM
(Photo by Jason in LA)

I need to get a camera and press credentials for the Finals...hook me up Jason.LOL

24champ
05-27-2009, 10:05 PM
Well seeing as how he can't do **** against our crap front court I think he fouls out by halftime and is out of a Laker uniform after being swept by Orlando. Now what I can't wait to see is if you show your face after that happens or if you will pull a Drama Llama and go MIA for weeks.

It will be interesting! :kiss:

I'll show up either way, you know that.

Also did anyone see the Amber alert for Inkana? Dude went MIA since his team took a shiat against the Magic.

Boobs McGee
05-27-2009, 11:27 PM
THANK YOU LAMAR ODOM FOR SHOWING UP THIS SERIES!

Nuggs, That was some horrible shooting. Kmart's awesomeness in that stretch in the third KILLED you...

Go lakeshow, time to win it in six.

Lex, you're still a punk bitch.

Orangeandblueblooded, I am jealous.

orangemane, I love you.

dueces

OABB
05-27-2009, 11:29 PM
THANK YOU LAMAR ODOM FOR SHOWING UP THIS SERIES!

Nuggs, That was some horrible shooting. Kmart's awesomeness in that stretch in the third KILLED you...

Go lakeshow, time to win it in six.

Lex, you're still a punk b****.

Orangeandblueblooded, I am jealous.

orangemane, I love you.

dueces

got lucky with the tickets....

Lamar was awesome. Stern came up huge for us tonight!

NFLBRONCO
05-27-2009, 11:34 PM
Just got back from the game...It was electric in Staples. It was nice to see the Lakers pass the ball and play some D for once.

i Hope they stop toying with the Nuggets and put them away on Fri.

But, I have to give credit where it is due...

The Nuggets are one hell of a team and are very close to being legit championship caliber.

All they need is to get Jr Smith to mature and they will be golden.

This is a fun series and if you Nuggets fans weren't so whiney it would be even more fun.

Go Lakers.

also, Birdman didn't like me continually asking him if he wanted to buy an eightball from me...

I think this has been a great series. Denver needs a legit big man and yeah if JR was consistant he'd give the Lakers fits. I think if Denver was experienced in playoffs this series is over but, rookie mistakes killed them.

BroncoBuff
05-28-2009, 01:37 AM
Exactly ... ALF you've proven yourself a real knothead in here, like Apa said - you don't seem like a guy who knows the game very well. It's fine you're a fan of your team and all, but get real. We're trying to talk some serious stuff in here.

He has been the whole series. Its been a severe dropoff for him from the previous series. He needs to knock down more outside shots. He started off ok but dropped off. Now Kleiza looks like he has cooled off too.
Yes, Chauncey hasn't played nearly as well this series as he did in the first two ... not even close. And we're still neck and neck. And along those lines it's funny, but in Game 4 when Melo didn't score much - was an offensive liability really with all the misses - that's the game we won handily.

But Kleiza actually tried to rescue us offensively tonight - late in the game as the Lakers were pulling away, he hit several shots. Cooly cut the lead to 8 twice when the tide was tidal in favor of LA.

Rulon Velvet Jones
05-28-2009, 06:23 AM
If the Nuggets could find a way to ban George Karl and K-Mart for the last 5 minutes of a game, the Nuggets would be NBA Champions.

PaintballCLE
05-28-2009, 06:55 AM
anyone wanna give me 2-1 odds that the cavs take the series?

my $20 to your $40?

LOL

Garcia Bronco
05-28-2009, 07:00 AM
The Nugs played like **** down the stretch last night. Could not buy a bucket, and the Lakers still barely won. There is no team in today's NBA that could hang with the Bulls, Knicks, Houston, Pacers, and Jazz of the 90's. None of them

Jason in LA
05-28-2009, 07:09 AM
Yeah, the Lakers barely won... by 9 points. And I'd say that 90s basketball wasn't all that great. That's when the scoring took a huge drop off. Most of the league couldn't score 100 a game.

ohiobronco2
05-28-2009, 07:30 AM
I'm not looking forward to that match up

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/Jlewis3233/l5A5C1384.jpg

(Photo by Jason in LA)

Spoken like a man who knows what he's talking about. Howard is going to dominate the C position for years to come.

Inkana7
05-28-2009, 07:37 AM
I'd be more worried about Orlando's 3-point shooting. It's frustrating as hell to watch a team make 15+ 3s a game.

Inkana7
05-28-2009, 07:38 AM
I'll show up either way, you know that.

Also did anyone see the Amber alert for Inkana? Dude went MIA since his team took a shiat against the Magic.

District and Regional Track meets keep me away from my home until almost 11. I thought I've been good about taking my lumps here. I just haven't been able to get on since the last game.

BroncoBuff
05-28-2009, 07:54 AM
Yeah, the Lakers barely won... by 9 points. And I'd say that 90s basketball wasn't all that great. That's when the scoring took a huge drop off. Most of the league couldn't score 100 a game.

And we won by what, 19 the other night?

I think the Nuggets were the better team ... rightup until the 4th wuarter last night. Now I don't know. It'll be tough to win Game 7 in LA, but if Chauncey comes to play then, it's efinitely doable.

montrose
05-28-2009, 08:09 AM
Do you see them firing him?

Unfortantly, no. If they were going to do so they would've fired him after last season's embarassment. The fact they got to WCF actually secures his return. The shame is that they're going to waste having a really good group of players together. I have no doubt that if Phil Jackson were our coach, we'd be far and away the best team in the NBA.

24champ
05-28-2009, 08:53 AM
Exactly ... ALF you've proven yourself a real knothead in here, like Apa said - you don't seem like a guy who knows the game very well. It's fine you're a fan of your team and all, but get real. We're trying to talk some serious stuff in here.

I predicted Lakers in 5-6. Not too far off....the sweep call was in jest because I had tickets to game 4.

"Trying to talk some serious stuff here." :spit:

Jason in LA
05-28-2009, 09:02 AM

I think the Nuggets were the better team ... rightup until the 4th wuarter last night. Now I don't know. It'll be tough to win Game 7 in LA, but if Chauncey comes to play then, it's efinitely doable.

Yeah, the Nuggets won by 19. So what? What does that have to do with my counter point?

The Nuggets weren't the better team up to that point. The game was tied after each period... well, except for the most important period, where they were outscored by 9.

Mr.Meanie
05-28-2009, 09:05 AM

I think the Nuggets were the better team

It's funny... the Nuggets from the Coach to all the players keep saying that in every interview. They say they are the better team, they outplay the lakers in 85% of the game. That the Lakers are lucky to be winning.

They need to suck it up and get some humility, and admit that they really aren't the better team. Then maybe they would play smarter down the stretch, not thinking they will just end up outplaying the Lakers.

Jason in LA
05-28-2009, 09:06 AM
I'd be more worried about Orlando's 3-point shooting. It's frustrating as hell to watch a team make 15+ 3s a game.

That worries me too. The Lakers seem like they don't care to guard players behind the 3 point line. It's been a problem all year, and the Nuggets have had a ton of wide open 3s. Good thing last night they missed most of them.

I'd really like the Lakers to play the Cavs more than the Magic, even with them having to go on the road for the first two games. If the Lakers close out the Nuggets, the Magic are going to be a very tough matchup.

Mr.Meanie
05-28-2009, 09:06 AM
PS. I put 100 bucks on: Nuggets +6.5 and over 209 to pay out 385.

Keep scoring baby!

oops

Jason in LA
05-28-2009, 09:16 AM
It's funny... the Nuggets from the Coach to all the players keep saying that in every interview. They say they are the better team, they outplay the lakers in 85% of the game. That the Lakers are lucky to be winning.

They need to suck it up and get some humility, and admit that they really aren't the better team. Then maybe they would play smarter down the stretch, not thinking they will just end up outplaying the Lakers.

The Nuggets and their fans just don't get it. Through 5 games the Lakers are the better team. That's why they are up 3 to 2. In the Lakers 3 wins they are a plus 27 points in the 4th period. Overall they are a plus 15 in the 4th, and that's with them pretty much giving up in the 4th in Game 4. Take out that game and they are a plus 23. One interesting stat, the Lakers have only led once after the 1st period, and that was in a game that they lost. Point is, when it matters the most, the Lakers have been the better team.

TheManeMan
05-28-2009, 10:44 AM
oops

All good, since the start of the playoffs I'm pretty much up a G.

:strong:

Maximus
05-28-2009, 10:47 AM
The Nuggets and their fans just don't get it. Through 5 games the Lakers are the better team. That's why they are up 3 to 2. In the Lakers 3 wins they are a plus 27 points in the 4th period. Overall they are a plus 15 in the 4th, and that's with them pretty much giving up in the 4th in Game 4. Take out that game and they are a plus 23. One interesting stat, the Lakers have only led once after the 1st period, and that was in a game that they lost. Point is, when it matters the most, the Lakers have been the better team.

They really don't Jason! The trend of the Lakers out scoring the Nuggets in the 4th quarter and breaking the nuggets heart goes back to the regular season. Nothing in this series has changed except the outcomes are closer. The one trend that has changed is the rebound advantage that the Lakers dominated during the regular season. The nuggets have evened it out, but I susupect the Lakers will pound them on the boards in game six.

worm
05-28-2009, 10:56 AM

I agree. Was surprised to hear it repeatedly from George and Chauncey. Almost like their assessment of the team is that they have a major confidence problem and need to constantly be told that they are the better team, not to panic, stay the course et al.

All of it adds up to inexperience at this level.

When they expect to win...when they have that sense of entitlement that people here are bitching about with the Lakers, then they will be playing in the Finals.

I don't think that is this year.

Maximus
05-28-2009, 11:03 AM
I agree. Was surprised to hear it repeatedly from George and Chauncey. Almost like their assessment of the team is that they have a major confidence problem and need to constantly be told that they are the better team, not to panic, stay the course et al.

All of it adds up to inexperience at this level.

When they expect to win...when they have that sense of entitlement that people here are b****ing about with the Lakers, then they will be playing in the Finals.

I don't think that is this year.

You have to repeat these things to gain confidence. I just posted the reasons why this is being done. The Lakers have throttled Denver numerous times in the second half of games especially the 4th quarter. This happened before Billups joined the team. However, the mindset is still there.

The Big E
05-28-2009, 12:17 PM
That worries me too. The Lakers seem like they don't care to guard players behind the 3 point line. It's been a problem all year, and the Nuggets have had a ton of wide open 3s. Good thing last night they missed most of them.

I'd really like the Lakers to play the Cavs more than the Magic, even with them having to go on the road for the first two games. If the Lakers close out the Nuggets, the Magic are going to be a very tough matchup.

I hate to jump ahead because it's far from a done deal in either series, but IF LA plays Orlando, I think Bynum goes back to the bench. Lewis at the 4 is a problem for Cleveland, and would be for LA with the current starting lineup. LA would need to start Odom, and he and Ariza can worry about Hedo and Lewis. There, I did it. I just jinxed LA and Orlando.

Inkana7
05-28-2009, 01:45 PM
Yeah, Anderson Varejao on Rashard Lewis is NOT favorable in any way. The whole team just creates a huge mismatch problem for the Cavs. That and the only players on their team that can't shoot the 3 are Howard and Gortat.

FADERPROOF
05-28-2009, 02:04 PM
Yeah, Anderson Varejao on Rashard Lewis is NOT favorable in any way. The whole team just creates a huge mismatch problem for the Cavs. That and the only players on their team that can't shoot the 3 are Howard and Gortat.

Speaking of shooting, Cavs not named Lebron James are a combined 15-65 from 3 in this series, just under 25% is not the remedy to combat a 3 point team like Orlando

Inkana7
05-28-2009, 02:06 PM
Speaking of shooting, Cavs not named Lebron James are a combined 15-65 from 3 in this series, just under 25% is not the remedy to combat a 3 point team like Orlando

I was actually impressed with how the Cavs were actually in that last game considering they allowed the Magic to make 17 3s. Maybe more, I turned it off after Howard's 3rd straight dunk in OT in disgust.

Inkana7
05-28-2009, 02:26 PM
So, the 2006 LAL-PHX Game 6 is on, and I just busted out laughing when I saw Smush Parker running the point for LA.

Garcia Bronco
05-28-2009, 02:55 PM
That game shouldn't have even gone into OT.

FADERPROOF
05-28-2009, 03:11 PM

Gotta love peanut gallery comments

TheManeMan
05-28-2009, 03:19 PM
I'm interested to see if Orlando's management could figure out how to re-sign Turkoglu in the offseason. He's the driver of that 3 point sportscar.

Boobs McGee
05-28-2009, 03:36 PM
So, the 2006 LAL-PHX Game 6 is on, and I just busted out laughing when I saw Smush Parker running the point for LA.

LOL I remember when I was all about smush parker...serioulsy touting his name to all. That worked out well :D It was a good story for about three quarters of a season haha

ohiobronco2
05-28-2009, 04:25 PM

Ben Wallace surely shouldn't have been on him. What was Mike Brown thinking? Their whole team is a mismatch for Cleveland. We win one, maybe 2 positions on the floor. I wish we would single Dwight down low and bear hug him if he gets it deep. By doing this you accomplish a few things, first you put him on the line, 2nd you prevent easy points and 3 you irritate him. Dwight seems like he can be easily rattled at times. This was we don't get killed by all of those 3 pointers. If the Magic advance, they will have problems with whoever they play next because they have both the size and speed to close out on their shooters. Nobody is going to be able to contain Howard, but other teams have the athletes to contain the 3's.

ohiobronco2
05-28-2009, 04:26 PM

I know, if Dwight didn't get away with that shove on West with about 6 seconds left, he may have taken it to the other end for a lay up.;D

worm
05-28-2009, 04:26 PM
Mo Williams is no All-Star.

ohiobronco2
05-28-2009, 04:28 PM
Mo Williams is no All-Star.

He surely has not played like it in the post season, but he is a quality player. I'd say he is the best PG still playing in the post season not named Billups.

Inkana7
05-28-2009, 06:59 PM
He surely has not played like it in the post season, but he is a quality player. I'd say he is the best PG still playing in the post season not named Billups.

Rafer Alston and his, what seemed like, 45 point 3rd quarter in Game 4 say Hi.

SureShot
05-28-2009, 07:17 PM
So is when does the Dwight Howard sock puppet start showing up in the commercials?

PaintballCLE
05-28-2009, 09:55 PM
Nice win by the cavs!, puts the pressure back on orlando to win in game 6 because they don't wanna paly game 7 in cleveland.

PaintballCLE
05-28-2009, 10:22 PM
All shot in the very last row of the arena....so sorry if some are blurry......had to use super zoom lol

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u144/pntballkrm/DSC08288.jpg

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u144/pntballkrm/DSC08303.jpg

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u144/pntballkrm/DSC08344.jpg

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u144/pntballkrm/DSC08397.jpg

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u144/pntballkrm/DSC08406.jpg

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u144/pntballkrm/DSC08430.jpg

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u144/pntballkrm/DSC08440.jpg

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u144/pntballkrm/DSC08441.jpg

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u144/pntballkrm/DSC08470.jpg

Go cavs!

Paladin
05-28-2009, 10:32 PM
I just believe right now that Orlando will win it.....

TheManeMan
05-28-2009, 10:57 PM
:spamattac

Inkana7
05-29-2009, 06:56 AM
Sweet pictures, dude.

Even in a win, that was a frustrating game. I hate the Magic.

ohiobronco2
05-29-2009, 07:24 AM
Rafer Alston and his, what seemed like, 45 point 3rd quarter in Game 4 say Hi.

He did play well in that game. Not so much last night.

PaintballCLE
05-29-2009, 07:28 AM
Sweet pictures, dude.

Even in a win, that was a frustrating game. I hate the Magic.

i love the picture of the jump ball.....because it looks like the refis elbowing howard in the nuts. lol

lex
05-29-2009, 11:43 AM
I could be totally off with this but I have a weird feeling the Cavs are going to come back and win. Some of the things they were saying at their press conference make me think they might have found their footing. In particular, they were talking about emphasizing working the ball around more. Also, the bit of strategy of having Lebron receive the pass at the elbow or the nail was exactly what Eric Snow was talking about after the Cavs game 4 loss.

Punisher
05-29-2009, 12:18 PM
Tonight is the Night we Dip the Nuggets in Honey Mustard :)

Punisher
05-29-2009, 12:19 PM
Go Lakers!

Crushaholic
05-29-2009, 12:25 PM
It shows how much I'm paying attention to the NBA. I thought Boston took care of Orlando until I saw Orlando play basketball a few days ago...:rofl:

FADERPROOF
05-29-2009, 02:52 PM
All shot in the very last row of the arena....so sorry if some are blurry......had to use super zoom lol

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u144/pntballkrm/DSC08288.jpg

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u144/pntballkrm/DSC08303.jpg

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u144/pntballkrm/DSC08344.jpg

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u144/pntballkrm/DSC08397.jpg

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u144/pntballkrm/DSC08406.jpg

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u144/pntballkrm/DSC08430.jpg

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u144/pntballkrm/DSC08440.jpg

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u144/pntballkrm/DSC08441.jpg

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u144/pntballkrm/DSC08470.jpg

Go cavs!

showing me what i missed out on?

Boobs McGee
05-29-2009, 03:38 PM
Holy super zoom. I'd be watching the entire game through the viewfinder LOL.

Gonna be a FIERCE game tonight. Hopefully lamar has back to back good showings. If he and Gasol are on, with a LITTLE help from somebody like farmar or sasha on the perimeter, I think we win.

This is gonna be a hard fouling game though, I expect a couple T's.

LETS GO LAKE SHOW

If the nuggs wanna extend this, chauncey needs to do what he does in the second half, Kenyon needs better shots, and Nene needs to quit crying. Scott today summed it up for you guys. If you're gettin fouled, MAKE THE DAMN SHOT! Play through the "bad officiating". I think Kleiza steps up big for you guys tonight.

Should be one HELLUVA GAME!

Went to old C's on monday, nuggs fans there were idiotic windbags that literally CUSSED me out when I clapped (yes, clapped. Like, golf clapped) for positive lakers plays. I left at half because they seriously douched it up.

Wednesday was at Choppers down in cherry creek, and THAT group was actually pretty cool. Had some great discussion with KNOWLEDGEABLE nuggs fans, shots were bought, oohs and aahs were permissable...it was a pretty fun time. Plus, I was with a smoking hot blonde, so that helped :D

TONIGHT, goin to B-dubs. Probly not gonna wear my lakers gear because I don't think I'm gonna be able to defend myself against a bar full of drunkards with my dislocated shoulder. Once that final buzzer sounds and The Purple and Gold come through, I think I'm making an early exit haha.

Meck77
05-29-2009, 06:08 PM
Here we go. Time to found out what this team is made of. History?

spdirty
05-29-2009, 06:12 PM
Startin out stupid.

rastaman
05-29-2009, 06:12 PM
We sure are starting out cold!

spdirty
05-29-2009, 06:14 PM
Thank God the Lakers cant shoot early

rastaman
05-29-2009, 06:16 PM
Dam I wish Camelo had Kobe's drive, perseverance, heart and deterimination.

rastaman
05-29-2009, 06:18 PM
Come on JR! start playing like this is your 5th year in the League....

spdirty
05-29-2009, 06:18 PM

He's gettin there.

azbroncfan
05-29-2009, 06:21 PM
This game is starting off horrible for Denver. This has a feel that could turn ugly quick.

rastaman
05-29-2009, 07:10 PM
Denver barely has a pulse! And Carmelo is playing so lackidysical and his defense absolutely stinks.

OABB
05-29-2009, 07:12 PM

I wish Kobe had Lebron James's ability to hit big shots.....

Maximus
05-29-2009, 07:16 PM
I wish Kobe had Lebron James's ability to hit big shots.....

I know me too... If he could only make a game winning shot without Shaq Ha!

spdirty
05-29-2009, 07:32 PM
This just feels like Game 3 last year.

rastaman
05-29-2009, 07:38 PM
Put JR Smith in for Dhantey Jones.....please.

spdirty
05-29-2009, 07:58 PM
K I just made some 4th quarter rally nachos. Lakers dont have a chance now.

cutthemdown
05-29-2009, 08:05 PM
turn out the lights, the Jell-o is jiggling.

rastaman
05-29-2009, 08:06 PM
Anyone seen Carmelo's face! He's like lets get this game over....gotta get my summer grove on! Look at him! he's shaken up already! Gotta wash the "P" smell off ya dude.

rastaman
05-29-2009, 08:08 PM
Nice move Nene.......see I told everyone Gasol can't play any Defense!!!

rastaman
05-29-2009, 08:09 PM
Nice shot Kaliza(sp)

spdirty
05-29-2009, 08:13 PM
Kobe is the momentum killer tonight.

spdirty
05-29-2009, 08:19 PM
I hope we get 2-5 more flagrants to end this. Go down fighting.

Rulon Velvet Jones
05-29-2009, 08:21 PM
JR just hit a 3 and didn't do his little dance and hand signs??!!!

What gives? No way he's a frontrunner. No way.

WaffleBoy
05-29-2009, 08:21 PM
lazy mello a no show again..............

cutthemdown
05-29-2009, 08:22 PM
Nuggets sort of getting chippy. They should remember they probably have to play them again next yr.

lazarus4444
05-29-2009, 08:24 PM
Pathetic effort on our own court....I'm ashamed of this performance but hey they had a good year, they just don't have the horses to beat the lakers.

TD30
05-29-2009, 08:26 PM
at least we can look forward to the bronco's season....oh wait ....ROFL!

rastaman
05-29-2009, 08:27 PM
lazy mello a no show again..............

I'm not fooled by Mello......he'll this crap again next year in the playoffs.....and thats if they even make to the finals next year.

Look at his facial expression.......he just doesn't care----he ain't no leader nor is he a top ten player in the league.

Sold out arena......and he can't even show the same emotions and will to win that Kobe displays.......just pitifull.

Rulon Velvet Jones
05-29-2009, 08:29 PM
It's a looooooong way to get back here.

Kid A
JR just hit a 3 and didn't do his little dance and hand signs??!!!

What gives? No way he's a frontrunner. No way.

Same reason EVERY player in EVERY sport doesn't get excited when they score a meaningless basket in a blowout loss. Hardly the first athlete to tone down his celebrations in a loss. JR may act like an ass sometimes, but he knows when to act like one, haha.

rastaman
Pathetic effort on our own court....I'm ashamed of this performance but hey they had a good year, they just don't have the horses to beat the lakers.

They have the horses.....they just don't have the heart and determination. I mean come on look at the experssion on Carmelo's face! He wasn't even exhorting his team mates on to play better.

Jason in LA
05-29-2009, 08:30 PM
The Lakers are simply the better team. No arguing that.

rastaman
05-29-2009, 08:31 PM
It's a looooooong way to get back here.

Thats just it......next year the Nuggets may not even make the playoffs....let alone probably loose in the first round!

Punisher
05-29-2009, 08:32 PM
Go Lakers!

rastaman
05-29-2009, 08:32 PM
The Fans need to Boo the Nuggets for not showing up....screw giving them a standing ovation!

rastaman
05-29-2009, 08:33 PM
Go Lakers!

FUUUUCCK THE LAKERS!:sunshine: ROFL! :wiggle:

oubronco
05-29-2009, 08:33 PM
119-92 Rofl!

Dagmar
05-29-2009, 08:35 PM
Congrats to the Lakers, great season Nuggets, next year baby.

montrose
05-29-2009, 08:40 PM
Great coaching Karl, way to let the Lakers run set plays on you all night without calling one of your own and letting you energy player sit on the bench as the energy was sapped from the building.

I said before, and will again, Phil Jackson absolutly coached circles around Karl this entire series and it culminated tonight. The Lakers looked like an in-control, well-oiled machine while the Nuggets looked like a pick-up squad.

Until Karl's replaced, the Nuggets will never go farther than they did this season.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
05-29-2009, 08:46 PM
FUUUUCCK THE LAKERS!:sunshine: ROFL! :wiggle:

http://www.soreloser.com/images/SoreLoser-SILVER-LOGO.jpg

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
05-29-2009, 08:48 PM
Go Lakers!

How sweet is it to celebrate on these loud-mouthed, dirty thugs' home court?

I'm lovin' it. ;D ;D ;D ;D

4 more to go, baby! :thumbsup:

http://www.clublakers.com/forum/images/smilies/ball1.gifhttp://www.clublakers.com/forum/images/smilies/ball1.gifhttp://www.clublakers.com/forum/images/smilies/ball1.gifhttp://www.clublakers.com/forum/images/smilies/ball1.gif

spdirty
05-29-2009, 08:52 PM

http://www.clublakers.com/forum/images/smilies/ball1.gifhttp://www.clublakers.com/forum/images/smilies/ball1.gifhttp://www.clublakers.com/forum/images/smilies/ball1.gifhttp://www.clublakers.com/forum/images/smilies/ball1.gif

Dont be a crappy winner dude. Lakers won, they were the better team, we didnt show up and Kobe is the best player in the league. Your team deserved to get to the finals, and they dont need to be represented by crap fans.

That said, go Magic.

ohiobronco2
05-29-2009, 08:52 PM
Congrats to the Nuggets and their fans on a great season. There is always next year. You don't lose much in FA do you?

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
05-29-2009, 08:53 PM
Dont be a crappy winner dude. Lakers won, they were the better team, we didnt show up and Kobe is the best player in the league.

I'm just responding to all the trash talking the Nuggets players have done over the course of this series.

Carry on.

[http://www.clublakers.com/forum/images/smilies/ball1.gif

Punisher
05-29-2009, 08:53 PM
http://nba.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/p6081051dt.jpg

ohiobronco2
05-29-2009, 08:54 PM

It's amazing how some of our fellow Bronco fans, can be just as annoying as Bob/other chief and raider trolls.

ohiobronco2
05-29-2009, 08:54 PM

Congrats Punisher. You've been classy throughout.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
05-29-2009, 08:55 PM

^5 ^5 ^5 ^5

God, please let the Cavs pull out a miracle comeback so we can end the non-stop Lebron circle jerk!

http://www.clublakers.com/forum/images/smilies/ball1.gif

Punisher
05-29-2009, 08:56 PM
It's amazing how some of our fellow Bronco fans, can be just as annoying as Bob/other chief and raider trolls.

http://nba.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/p6063016reg.jpg

TD30
05-29-2009, 08:56 PM
I'm just responding to all the trash talking the Nuggets players have done over the course of this series.

Carry on.

pot calling the kettle.....

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
05-29-2009, 08:57 PM

Sore loser alert.

spdirty
05-29-2009, 08:57 PM

Carry on.

And you responded with trash and no class. You guys won. Lakers were the better team. Kobe was the best player. You and other Laker fans would represent yourselves better by saying good series Nuggets its on to the NBA Finals. But can't expect that from most Laker fans I spose.

Punisher
05-29-2009, 08:58 PM
Oh Yea We Win We Win
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c234/marcusjb23/moonwalker.gif

Jason in LA
05-29-2009, 08:58 PM
I'm on facebook. Like everybody's status update has something to do with the Lakers.

ohiobronco2
05-29-2009, 08:59 PM
Sore loser alert.

Not a Nuggets fan. You should learn to win with class. Good day to you Sir. :D

ohiobronco2
05-29-2009, 09:00 PM
http://nba.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/p6063016reg.jpg

You're not baiting me Sir. ;D

Punisher
05-29-2009, 09:01 PM
You're not baiting me Sir. ;D

lol See theres a good loser :)

spdirty
05-29-2009, 09:02 PM
Anyway, congrats to the Lakers. They were the better team when it mattered. Hopefully we will see you guys in next years WCF, with different results.

And hope like hell Anthony Carter takes his "hustle" to another team and we find ourselves a decent backup pg.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
05-29-2009, 09:03 PM
And you responded with trash and no class.

You mean like the way you were coming off right up until your team lost?

Punisher
05-29-2009, 09:04 PM
Anyway, congrats to the Lakers. They were the better team when it mattered. Hopefully we will see you guys in next years WCF, with different results.

And hope like hell Anthony Carter takes his "hustle" to another team and we find ourselves a decent backup pg.

Yea better luck next year....... Hilarious!

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
05-29-2009, 09:04 PM

Thanks for that.

If your Nuggets continue to improve then I'm sure they'll get their shot soon.

spdirty
05-29-2009, 09:07 PM
You mean like the way you were coming off right up until your team lost?

Yeah I wasnt very good myself. Ill admit that. But its over. Ill try to be a good loser, you guys should work on being better winners.

bombay
05-29-2009, 09:07 PM
Congratulations to Bronconia and Buck.

TD30
05-29-2009, 09:09 PM
@#$% you, @#$% you, @#$% you, you're cool, and @#$% you, I'm out!

:~ohyah!:

OABB
05-29-2009, 09:24 PM
Congratulations to Bronconia, Jason, and Buck.

Thanks man!

go fakers!

NFLBRONCO
05-29-2009, 09:45 PM
Now the the Lakers beat the Nuggets is there room on the bus for me? Props to the Nuggets for a great year. It's good for the NBA to have another good team.

GO Lakers

Dudeskey
05-29-2009, 10:07 PM
Damn... Ended my day @ work on a sad note... :(

In a way I'm happy for the Nuggets & how much they've progressed compared to previous years though.

Congratulations Laker fans...

Kaylore
05-29-2009, 10:10 PM
Congrats to the Lakers. Very potent when they get everyone involved. I never liked our odds against them with our poor rebounding this year. I think the magic will be a good series to watch. Thanks to the NBA and the Nuggets for providing some great alternative viewing material for this football fan in May.

lex
05-30-2009, 12:51 AM
LOL at the Lakers fans talking smack. Anyone can be a laker fan but not everyone is a frontrunning leghumper.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
05-30-2009, 02:53 AM
LOL at the Lakers fans talking smack. Anyone can be a laker fan but not everyone is a frontrunning leghumper.

Sore loser alert. :oyvey:

Enjoy...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tPpZLLlCVtA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tPpZLLlCVtA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
05-30-2009, 02:57 AM
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Lu5ILTYYGpE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Lu5ILTYYGpE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

TDmvp
05-30-2009, 02:57 AM
Sore loser alert. :oyvey:

Enjoy...

Is your old @$$ feeling any better ? ...

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
05-30-2009, 03:11 AM
Is your old @$$ feeling any better ? ...

A little bit - hopefully it's not a "season ending" injury - what with summer, a fresh crop of hot beach babes, and a Lakers championship on the horizon.

:~ohyah!: http://www.clublakers.com/forum/images/smilies/ball1.gif

FADERPROOF
05-30-2009, 05:47 AM
^5 ^5 ^5 ^5

God, please let the Cavs pull out a miracle comeback so we can end the non-stop Lebron circle jerk!

http://www.clublakers.com/forum/images/smilies/ball1.gif

Kobe-Lebron would be the ideal matchup for the nba, but it's gonna be tough fos Cleveland to pull these next 2 off. But why do you want the Cavs? True Magic makes for the tougher matchup but Lakers will have homecourt if Orlando wins.

Boobs McGee
05-30-2009, 09:58 AM
NICE JOB LAKE SHOW!!!!!! That's the way to put an exclamation point on the series!

I think that's just the kind of push we needed to get geared up for the finals. Everybody was gettin involved last night!!!

Finallyl looked like the team from the regular season...Lamar hittin. Pau was dishin and gettin tougher around the hoop. Kobe was movin the ball well. Luke actually played a little D. Arieza was all over the place. Perimiter shots were fallin.

MAN that felt good!

That bein said, what a SERIES!!! ****in A the nuggs had me worried for a bit there. As I've said before, I LOVE the nuggets, so this was seriously a dream matchup. If Melo could've duplicated his road performances, this series would DEFINTELY have gone seven. Proud of you guys for destroying teams in the first two rounds, ALMOST TASTED THE RING!!!!

Next year. Billups will be here, and the team will have an entire year to gel. I kinda look at it like the lakers pickin up Pau. Sure we kicked ass when he came in, but this year is where you REALLY saw the team coming together (still have nightmares about the effing celtics). I've got high hopes for you guys next year, as long as you can bring in some help at pg. And possibly dump Kmart.

Anywho great series, ONTO THE FINALS BABY!!!!

In the meantime,

LETS GO LAKERS!!!!!!!!!

Flex Gunmetal
05-30-2009, 10:26 AM
****ty way to end a series, get worked at home. Congrats laker fans, I would love to see the magic take it all, but if Cleveland takes the east I'll pull for the lakers.

worm
05-30-2009, 10:58 AM
No doubting the Lakers were the better team. It was awesome to see Luke have a great game after reading a lot of the comments here about his game.

No matter what happens this year, the Lakers have some big decisions on player\coach personnel this summer.

For the Nuggs. Inexperience will kill ya. How many times were they T'ed up for stupid reasons? After the season that Chauncey had, he lost it when it counted most. Can you really attribute the difference in his game from the killer Hornets series to this one to the Lakers D...or is it something else?

They will play better next year if they go into this summer with the same resolve the Lakers did last year.

The day after the Boston loss last year, the entire Laker organization committed to reaching this point. Everything said or done was towards that goal from the highest to the lowest lvel of the org. That is why expectations were so high. The Nuggs should follow that pattern. Forget about this past good season and point to their goals for 2010.

Los Broncos
05-30-2009, 11:09 AM
Congrats to Lakers, they took care of business, I'm happy for Laker fans.

SouthStndJunkie
05-30-2009, 06:49 PM
Orlando up by 18 at the half over Cleveland.

FADERPROOF
05-30-2009, 07:33 PM
Cograts to the Magic, kicked our asses good

cutthemdown
05-30-2009, 10:56 PM

This coming from a guy who started as a Bulls fan when Jordan came to the team. What a joke you are.

I've been a Laker fan since 1980. You were probably suckling your mammas tit back then for some milk.

cutthemdown
05-30-2009, 10:57 PM

It's more just that city can not win. Lebron can now add his name to the long list of stars that just can't pull Cleveland out of the losers bracket.

Bernie meet Lebron.

PaintballCLE
05-31-2009, 12:46 AM
we sucked last night.........they literally built our team to beat boston (which we would have with or without garnett)...........but the magic are the anti-celtics..........big, agile guards with a monster big man. We just didn't match up well.

Bronco Yoda
05-31-2009, 01:29 AM
Congratulations to the Nuggets and their fans for one hell of a season. They will be back next year more dangerous than ever.

Memento
05-31-2009, 02:14 AM
So, LeBron doesn't shake hands with any of the Magic after the series... skips the post-game press conference (not as big of a deal, but still, he should stand in there and take the fire, and offer kudos to the team that just beat his team).

Real nice, King. Kind of knocks him down a notch or two...

cutthemdown
05-31-2009, 04:18 AM
A little bit - hopefully it's not a "season ending" injury - what with summer, a fresh crop of hot beach babes, and a Lakers championship on the horizon.

:~ohyah!: http://www.clublakers.com/forum/images/smilies/ball1.gif

Lakers better win or it becomes meaningless. For Nuggets just getting there would have been something, for Lakers it means nothing.

We have to win and frankly I'm worried.

We lost 2 times to them this yr and I worry Bynum and Gasol won't be able to stop Howard. We matched up better vs Lebron and the Cavs.

This is going to be a tough tough series and if Lakers lose Kobe get's to hear another Shaq Rap.

Hey Kobe, hows my ass taste!!!!! Remember that?

Kobe loses this series and people will never respect him like the do Jordan.

cutthemdown
05-31-2009, 04:19 AM
So, LeBron doesn't shake hands with any of the Magic after the series... skips the post-game press conference (not as big of a deal, but still, he should stand in there and take the fire, and offer kudos to the team that just beat his team).

He wouldn't shake hands huh? That's sort of weak but whatever.

Also IMO not going to press conference also pretty bad. I mean you get paid a ton of money and the press conference is fun for the fans. Fans deserve to get to see you all sad, it's fun.

lex
05-31-2009, 06:44 AM
This coming from a guy who started as a Bulls fan when Jordan came to the team. What a joke you are.

I've been a Laker fan since 1980. You were probably suckling your mammas tit back then for some milk.

I told you I started watching the NBA when Jordan came into the league. The Bulls were 38-44, 30-52, and 40-42 in Jordans first 3 years in the league. The Lakers won the NBA title in 1980. You're the classic front runner. Not me.

Los Broncos
05-31-2009, 08:59 AM
I was a die hard Laker fan going up as a kid, but after showtime was gone, then Kobe and Shaq came along.

Just wasn't a big fan of either of them.

Guess I always thought Magic and boys would always be around.

theAPAOps5
05-31-2009, 03:42 PM
Congrats Laker fans sorry it took me 2 days to get back here. Kid had the flu then I had the flu! But Friday they thoroughly handled Denver. Stern made sure he got his Kobe half a dream final thats for sure..... :)

cutthemdown
05-31-2009, 03:53 PM
I told you I started watching the NBA when Jordan came into the league. The Bulls were 38-44, 30-52, and 40-42 in Jordans first 3 years in the league. The Lakers won the NBA title in 1980. You're the classic front runner. Not me.

LOL I was 10.

OABB
05-31-2009, 03:54 PM
Congrats Laker fans sorry it took me 2 days to get back here. Kid had the flu then I had the flu! But Friday they thoroughly handled Denver. Stern made sure he got his Kobe half a dream final thats for sure..... :)

lol....

I know you were really hiding your head in shame, but I'll go with it.:wiggle:

cutthemdown
05-31-2009, 03:56 PM

And how old were you then? LOL calling someone who has been a fan since they were 10 a bandwagoner. Lakers are only b-ball team I have ever pulled for.

Everyone has to have a first yr they became a fan, I was 10, living in LA, that isn't being a bandwagon fan that's being a new fan.

IMO Bandwagon is a person whose favorite team changes depending on their performance.

Whatever though you saw Jordan play and got all into him, waited for Bulls to be good, then decided to be a fan. You are a bandwagoner just get over it.

OABB
05-31-2009, 03:58 PM
And how old were you then? LOL calling someone who has been a fan since they were 10 a bandwagoner. Lakers are only b-ball team I have ever pulled for.

Everyone has to have a first yr they became a fan, I was 10, living in LA, that isn't being a bandwagon fan that's being a new fan.

IMO Bandwagon is a person whose favorite team changes depending on their performance.

Whatever though you saw Jordan play and got all into him, waited for Bulls to be good, then decided to be a fan. You are a bandwagoner just get over it.

you realize you are arguing with a retarded person, right?

24champ
05-31-2009, 05:11 PM

Be serious.

Try NEVER! And like it.

Quoted for re-emphasis. LOL

ohiobronco2
05-31-2009, 06:05 PM

Yep. Wonder what the Cavs will do in the offseason. Do we keep Z?

Jason in LA
05-31-2009, 07:11 PM

James has taken some heat for it, but not a lot. If it was Kobe he'd be killed for it.

PaintballCLE
05-31-2009, 07:32 PM
Yep. Wonder what the Cavs will do in the offseason. Do we keep Z?

wallace is retiring.....

we get shawn marion (to pull the big men away from the basket) and andre miller (for size at the guard)

we lose wally and wallace

just my prediction.

theAPAOps5
05-31-2009, 07:47 PM
lol....

I know you were really hiding your head in shame, but I'll go with it.:wiggle:

Nah nothing to be ashamed of. Stern made sure the better team lost.......:wiggle:

OABB
05-31-2009, 08:27 PM
Nah nothing to be ashamed of. Stern made sure the better team lost.......:wiggle:

I agree in games 2 and 4.:wiggle:

UberBroncoMan
05-31-2009, 08:36 PM
wallace is retiring.....

we get shawn marion (to pull the big men away from the basket) and andre miller (for size at the guard)

we lose wally and wallace

just my prediction.

That would be pretty damn huge for the Cavs if that really happened.

ohiobronco2
05-31-2009, 08:46 PM

It would be huge if LeBron went ahead and resigned. :). There will be several great options the next few years. If we are dreaming, I'd rather have crazy Ron than Marion.

worm
05-31-2009, 08:58 PM

LeBron is gone next year.

You think Marion and Miller at this point in their careers are difference makers? Cleveland will have to pull out all the stops, mortgage their small market future to get better, YOUNGER talent (I would start with Boozer) Then get lucky to make it to the Finals next year.

Small chance.

Sorry. LeBron will use one more year of not making the Finals to justify that it is all about the hardware for him (rings and not MVPs)...then he will jump for the, as he said, 'Mecca' of arenas.

I wonder if it will hurt more for Cleveland-ites to have experienced the Drive, II and the Fumble....or LeBron jumping to NYC.

Enjoy your star until July 1st, 2010.

PaintballCLE
05-31-2009, 09:30 PM
why does everyone say lebron will leave cleveland if he doesn't win a ring............then use ny as the palce he will go to.

Last time i checked............NY was at the bottom of the league over and over and no where near winning a championship.

PaintballCLE
05-31-2009, 09:31 PM
It would be huge if LeBron went ahead and resigned. :). There will be several great options the next few years. If we are dreaming, I'd rather have crazy Ron than Marion.

marion would pull the big guy away from the basket..........lebron could drive to the rim all day long then.

worm
05-31-2009, 09:42 PM
why does everyone say lebron will leave cleveland if he doesn't win a ring............then use ny as the palce he will go to.

Last time i checked............NY was at the bottom of the league over and over and no where near winning a championship.

Because LeBron is CLEARLY enamored with NYC. Bright lights...big city. Listen to his own comments.

Put LeBron on ANY team and he can get them pretty far. With the FAs coming out this year and the next....a team like NY can go from worst to first in a hurry.

It might be better for the NBA if he stays in CLE....but it is better for LeBron if he goes to NYC.

ohiobronco2
06-01-2009, 07:20 AM
marion would pull the big guy away from the basket..........lebron could drive to the rim all day long then.

So would Ron. He can shoot the 3 and has the physicality to go inside. Not like it is going to happen though. ;D

ohiobronco2
06-01-2009, 07:23 AM
LeBron is gone next year.

You think Marion and Miller at this point in their careers are difference makers? Cleveland will have to pull out all the stops, mortgage their small market future to get better, YOUNGER talent (I would start with Boozer) Then get lucky to make it to the Finals next year.

Small chance.

Sorry. LeBron will use one more year of not making the Finals to justify that it is all about the hardware for him (rings and not MVPs)...then he will jump for the, as he said, 'Mecca' of arenas.

I wonder if it will hurt more for Cleveland-ites to have experienced the Drive, II and the Fumble....or LeBron jumping to NYC.

Enjoy your star until July 1st, 2010.

You don't know for sure that LeBron is leaving. Sure, there are signs, but I still don't see why he would logically leave. Cleveland has a better team, it's his home town, he will get a max deal here as well, and he's an international star, so endorsements don't really count. I don't think we are going to sign Boozer, he would not likely be welcome by the fans after how he screwed us a few years back.

worm
06-01-2009, 08:55 AM
You don't know for sure that LeBron is leaving. Sure, there are signs, but I still don't see why he would logically leave. Cleveland has a better team, it's his home town, he will get a max deal here as well, and he's an international star, so endorsements don't really count. I don't think we are going to sign Boozer, he would not likely be welcome by the fans after how he screwed us a few years back.

Fair enough on Carlos. Forgot about that. My point was that Miller and Marion are NOT the way to build around LeBron and being happy with a 65 win season is just not going to cut it.

If Cleveland isn't going to do more than that...and if it proves to give the same results in the POs that CLE had this year....then IMO, LeBron will take his game elsewhere.

Its not about max deals or endorsements. Its about chasing down Kobe, then MJ and then history with the only thing that really counts. Rings.

CLE isn't exactly center stage, which is cool and all...but are they willing to go over the luxury tax to surround LeBron with another superstar and better supporting players? NY will and the lights don't get any brighter than in the Garden.

If this was as easy a decision as you make it out to be...LeBron would be singing a much different tune. Instead, LeBron is giving every indication that he is willing to be seduced.

azbroncfan
06-01-2009, 10:25 AM

I'd love Utah to dump Boozer for a bottle of booze. He would fit in great in Cleveland putting up good numbers in regular season then dissappear in the playoffs against the length he will face just like the rest of the Cleveland role players.

azbroncfan
06-01-2009, 10:29 AM
Kobe loses this series and people will never respect him like the do Jordan.

Yep he will always be known as Shaq's bridesmaid.

ohiobronco2
06-01-2009, 12:17 PM
I'd love Utah to dump Boozer for a bottle of booze. He would fit in great in Cleveland putting up good numbers in regular season then dissappear in the playoffs against the length he will face just like the rest of the Cleveland role players.

He wouldn't fit in great in Cleveland. He fu**ed them over a few years ago. I don't see him coming back.

azbroncfan
06-02-2009, 06:07 AM
He wouldn't fit in great in Cleveland. He ****ed them over a few years ago. I don't see him coming back.

I know that but I was just pointing out he dissappears against tougher competition and in the playoffs so he would fit in again with Cleveland. I thought the Cavs were legit but against Orlando they looked like the garbage team that Lebron got to the finals a couple years ago by himself.

ohiobronco2
06-02-2009, 07:32 AM
I know that but I was just pointing out he dissappears against tougher competition and in the playoffs so he would fit in again with Cleveland. I thought the Cavs were legit but against Orlando they looked like the garbage team that Lebron got to the finals a couple years ago by himself.

Basketball is a game of matchups, much like any other sport. Cleveland didn't have the size at the perimeter to match up with them. Sure they didn't have the size on the inside either, but if you can negate one, you usually have a shot. Outside of LeBron, nobody on Cleveland played well throughout, a few here and there from Mo. I still think LeBron is the best player in the game and if he switched places with Kobe, the Lakers would have swept their way through every round. Let's be honest, Cleveland does not have another ALL STAR caliber player on their team. Mo made it this year after someone else backed out and he never made it before being teamed with LeBron. Kobe has Pau and Lamar. I know Pau was an all star on his own. Don't know about Lamar, but I'm certain he has all star abilities. LeBron just needs a little more help.

Inkana7
06-02-2009, 11:07 AM
Back from the 2009 NAQT HSNCT in Chicago, and here to take my lickings.

Cleveland was just overmatched from the start. They MIGHT have had a chance if they hadn't blown Game 1, but Orlando is a good team normally, and they just have Cleveland's number. Congrats to both LA and Orlando on making the Finals. The Spanish Marshmallow is about to get abused, but LeBron averaged 41 a game, I'm curious to see how Kobe will do.

worm
06-02-2009, 11:30 AM
I still think LeBron is the best player in the game and if he switched places with Kobe, the Lakers would have swept their way through every round. Let's be honest, Cleveland does not have another ALL STAR caliber player on their team. Mo made it this year after someone else backed out and he never made it before being teamed with LeBron. Kobe has Pau and Lamar. I know Pau was an all star on his own. Don't know about Lamar, but I'm certain he has all star abilities. LeBron just needs a little more help.

it is interesting to me how people will point to the 'great' Laker supporting cast when they want to criticize Kobe's game. Talking about how great Pau and Lamar are. Then right afterwards, others will refer to Pau as the Spanish marshmellow because it serves their purposes in knocking the Lakers. Which is it?

People will talk up how LeBron makes those around him better....then deride Kobe for not doing that. Yet when you watched these P\Os...I didn't see LeBron make anybody better. I saw the 'LeBron show' and a bunch of stiffs with great seats. I also saw James not shake hands after he was whipped. That is leadership?

On the other side, I saw Kobe doing everything in his power to get teammates involved...talking up Pau to stay strong et al....even at the expense of his own numbers. Yet Ink has already set the expectation that Kobe needs to match LeBron's 41 to be considered as good as him. That isn't how this Laker team is built. That is not how they will win the Finals.

LeBron is the most intimidating force in the game...on a mediocre team....but the best player on the planet competition is a lot closer than people in CLE are willing to believe.

worm
06-02-2009, 11:32 AM
It will be interesting to see if Orland can stay as hot from the white as they were against CLE.

They are a high risk, high reward team. If they aren't hot....this series will be over before it gets started.

However, if they are on....they are capable of beating the Lakers even if LA is playing at a very high level. Not a lot of teams can say that.

ohiobronco2
06-02-2009, 12:30 PM
it is interesting to me how people will point to the 'great' Laker supporting cast when they want to criticize Kobe's game. Talking about how great Pau and Lamar are. Then right afterwards, others will refer to Pau as the Spanish marshmellow because it serves their purposes in knocking the Lakers. Which is it?

I see what you are saying. I personally don't think Pau is a bad player. I do think he does shy away from being physical at times though.

People will talk up how LeBron makes those around him better....then deride Kobe for not doing that. Yet when you watched these P\Os...I didn't see LeBron make anybody better. I saw the 'LeBron show' and a bunch of stiffs with great seats. I also saw James not shake hands after he was whipped. That is leadership?

Lebron, much like Kobe draws a lot of double teams. I think the difference is that Lebron is one hell of a passer. His court vision is far superior than Kobe's and that is why he puts his teammates is positions to succeed. He also gets more credit because nobody outside of LeBron on Clevelands team can really create their own shot on a consistent basis. You are right about leadership. LeBron could learn a thing or two from Kobe

On the other side, I saw Kobe doing everything in his power to get teammates involved...talking up Pau to stay strong et al....even at the expense of his own numbers. Yet Ink has already set the expectation that Kobe needs to match LeBron's 41 to be considered as good as him. That isn't how this Laker team is built. That is not how they will win the Finals.

Agree

LeBron is the most intimidating force in the game...on a mediocre team....but the best player on the planet competition is a lot closer than people in CLE are willing to believe.

Difference is, one is still very young and the other is going to begin to decline before too long. The torch has yet to be completely passed, but it will be soon enough. Frankly, I think Lebron has Kobe covered on everything except leadership, ability to drive to the basket and overall D.

See above

ohiobronco2
06-02-2009, 12:31 PM
It will be interesting to see if Orland can stay as hot from the white as they were against CLE.

They are a high risk, high reward team. If they aren't hot....this series will be over before it gets started.

However, if they are on....they are capable of beating the Lakers even if LA is playing at a very high level. Not a lot of teams can say that.

LA should be able to keep their 3 point shooting somewhat in check. They have the size and defenders.

Mr.Meanie
06-02-2009, 01:09 PM
Kobe could score 40-50 points at will in every game if he wanted to. He's a born scorer and one of the purist shooters in the game. He used to score lights out on every team..... but back then, they weren't making Finals.

Kobe finally learned that scoring 60 points in a game you lose is still losing. And that's why he'll earn at least another 3 rings before he retires.

lex
06-02-2009, 03:48 PM
Kobe could score 40-50 points at will in every game if he wanted to. He's a born scorer and one of the purist shooters in the game. He used to score lights out on every team..... but back then, they weren't making Finals.

Kobe finally learned that scoring 60 points in a game you lose is still losing. And that's why he'll earn at least another 3 rings before he retires.

"Will"? The will to take a lot of shots? He used to shoot 43% to do that...and this was after cracking down on handchecking.

24champ
06-02-2009, 10:11 PM
Victim #1
http://cdn0.sbnation.com/entry_photo_images/18919/62848_jazz_lakers_basketball.jpg
Victim #2
http://cdn2.sbnation.com/entry_photo_images/27182/63781_rockets_lakers_basketball.jpg

Victim #3

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/bb/fullj.729429ac826f2520a9b96427181f8e72/729429ac826f2520a9b96427181f8e72-getty-87746142mw049_los_angeles_l.jpg

Victim #4?
http://lakers.topbuzz.com/gallery/d/50235-2/Andrew+Bynum+tries+to+block+Dwight+Howard_s+shot.j pg

theAPAOps5
06-03-2009, 05:57 AM
Hey Alf is Bynum going to be a force this series. I figure if you say it enough maybe you think it will just happen. :spit: talk about the most overrated player in Lakers history.

Jason in LA
06-03-2009, 08:33 AM

A lot of people judge Kobe by his negative aspects and LeBron by his positive aspects. Remember a few years back when Kobe scored only 1 point in the second half of a blow out against the Suns. They called Kobe a quitter. Well a couple of weeks later LeBron only scored 1 point in the second half in a blowout loss to the Pistons, not a word about it. LeBron can go for 40+ points and he's great, Kobe goes for 40+ and he's selfish. None of it makes sense.

TheManeMan
06-03-2009, 10:09 AM
Game 1: Orlando +6 :alghh:

24champ
06-03-2009, 12:09 PM
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/34Xtx9rgmMk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/34Xtx9rgmMk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Punisher
06-03-2009, 12:31 PM
Lakers All Day Baby!!!!!

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-03-2009, 07:02 PM
Pretty damn good analysis showing why Kobe > LeBron:

Kobe Bryant: At the Top of His Game

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/entry_photo_images/37403/kobelebron_large.png (http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/123140/kobelebron.png)
LeBron had to take his stats and go home. Kobe got the only numbers he cares about: 4 wins.

Kobe is 30 years old. In August, he'll be 31. In basketball years, that's getting pretty high up there, and as a result, the consensus among sports writers is somewhere between "he is not the player he once was" and "he can't continue to play at this level for much longer." The problem? He's been as good as ever, and he shows no signs of slowing down.

I believe the problem here is that people are evaluating Kobe based on expectations, rather than reality. It's like a referee who expects a foul to occur in a certain situation; when that situation occurs, he immediately calls the foul – not because there was one, but because he was already predisposed, be it consciously or subconsciously, to the idea that a foul would occur in that situation. Much like that ref, who is officiating based on expectations rather than based on what he sees in front of him, many in the sports world are judging Kobe Bryant based on their expectation that his performance should be declining, if not now then soon.

But what is right there in front of their eyes tells a very different story. And not only is Kobe Bryant playing amazing basketball in his own right, but even when compared to LeBron James (whose individual performance has fans, bloggers, and media types raving) Kobe Bryant has been better — both in terms of individual performance and end result.

Let's review, shall we? We'll breeze right on through the first two rounds of the playoffs, where Kobe was "just" pretty great, and then spend some time on the Western Conference Finals, where he was truly magnificent.

In the first round, Bryant started slowly. He took only two shots in the first quarters of each of the first two games, and an average of only five shots by half. In the third game, he shot poorly, as did most of his teammates. In Game 4, however, Kobe changed his approach. He had been looking to facilitate his teammates early in the game, looking for his shot more and more later on. In that fourth game, he took eight shots in the first quarter, making six of them, and then hit four of five shots in the second quarter. He went into the half with 24 points on 10-13 shooting. He finished the game with 38 points on 16-24 shooting (67%), along with six rebounds and two steals. His True Shooting Percentage (TS%) for that game was an astounding 72.5%. In the next game, he scored 31 points on an excellent 62.1% True Shooting, adding four steals and four assists, to lead the Lakers (http://www.sbnation.com/nba/teams/LAL) to an 11-point win to close out the series.

A slow start, perhaps, but after a necessary adjustment, I'd say that's not too shabby.

In the second round, Bryant faced the defensive duo of Shane Battier (http://www.sbnation.com/nba/players/21792/Shane_Battier) and Ron Artest (http://www.sbnation.com/nba/players/21629/Ron_Artest). In these two players, the Rockets (http://www.sbnation.com/nba/teams/HOU) had what no other team has ever been able to throw at Bryant: not one, but two elite perimeter defenders on the court at the same time, whose primary purpose was to make Kobe's life difficult for 48 "minutes" every other day. Rarely has Kobe has to work so hard on the offensive end, and yet, this was nothing like LeBron James vs. Boston (http://www.respectkobe.com/?p=60). Artest and Battier "held" Bryant to 27.4 points on 45.3% shooting (just 1.4% below his season average), 34.4% from distance, 5.0 rebounds, and 3.7 assists per game. Not exactly basement-dwelling numbers. In addition, Kobe turned the ball over only 1.57 times per game, while collecting 2.0 steals per game on the other end.

Not his best series ever, but when that's the best that two premier perimeter defenders can do against Kobe, it seems counter intuitive to suggest that Bryant is playing anything other than excellent basketball.
And now we get to the good stuff, because the Western Conference Finals against Denver was one of Kobe Bryant's best series ever. He didn't waste any time, dropping 40 points on the Nuggets (http://www.sbnation.com/nba/teams/DEN), on 59.3% True Shooting, along with six rebounds, four assists, and only one turnover. Most importantly, the Lakers won, and mostly thanks to Bryant. In a two-point victory, Kobe scored the Lakers' final six points. He scored a total 18 points in the fourth quarter, coolly hitting all nine of his free throws along the way. He also doled out two assists in the final frame, making him responsible for 23 of the Lakers' 31 fourth quarter points.

In Game 2, another contest decided by a single possession, the Lakers lost, but Kobe Bryant still continued to perform. He scored 32 points on only 20 shots, good for 65.6% True Shooting. He also had five rebounds, three assists, a block, and a steal, and by (questionable) design, he never got the chance to take potential game-tying shot.

In Game 3, Kobe Bryant continued his otherworldly performance, scoring 41 points on only 24 shots, continuing his incredible efficiency with 65.1% True Shooting accuracy. He added six rebounds, five assists, and two steals, versus only one turnover, as he led the Lakers to a closely contested come-from-behind win. Not surprisingly, Kobe scored 10 of the Lakers final 13 points.

Game 4 was a Nuggets' blowout, and while Bryant never gave up, I have come around to ascribe Chris's theory that Phil Jackson intentionally conceeded this game (http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2009/5/30/893332/lakers-vs-nuggets-wc-finals-game-6) in exchange for much needed rest – leaving Kobe Bryant, never one to simply surrender, to go into desperation mode, throwing up tough, low-percentage shots in an unlikely effort to shoot the Lakers back into the game. Even still, Bryant shot a very decent 53.6% True Shooting, adding seven rebounds and five assists to go with only a single turnover.

In Game 5, the Lakers came back with a vengeance, and Kobe Bryant led the charge – but not in the way you'd expect. He scored 22 points, but he took only 13 shots in the game (an impressive average of 1.7 points per shot), but it was his passing that secured yet another hard-fought win for the Lakers. In this game, the Nuggets double teamed and trapped Bryant more aggressively than they ever had before, and he made them pay. With the game on the line, he resisted the urge to do it all himself, instead making every right decision. He let the double team come, and rather than passing out early, he made them commit. As a result, his passes out of the double teams were unbelievably difficult, but he hit them with precision and made them look easy. With two Nuggets fully committed to Bryant, his teammates were left to play 4-on-3, and they took advantage of their numbers over and over again.

If Bryant was brilliant in Game 5 – and he was, even without posting gaudy individual numbers – he was godlike in Game 6. The Lakers absolutely dominated this game, and once again, it started with Kobe. He scored 35 points on only 20 shots (1.75 points per shot), posting an absolutely unbelievable True Shooting Percentage of 73%. He also had 10 assists, six rebounds, one huge block, and yet again, only one turnover.

Once again, the Nuggets aggressively trapped Bryant in Game 6, and once again, he made all of the right decisions. He never forced his shot, never attempted to play one-on-many, and consistently found the open man for an easy score. Along the way, he provided some very solid leadership, encouraging Gasol to be aggressive with his own shot, diagramming plays during timeouts, and instructing players like Shannon Brown (http://www.sbnation.com/nba/players/21861/Shannon_Brown) during free throw breaks. As a result, the Lakers rolled to a 27-point blowout to close out the series.

In the six games of the Western Conference Finals, Kobe Bryant made 48.1% of his shots from the floor, averaging 34 points, 5.8 assists, and 5.8 rebounds per game. Very importantly (as we will soon see), he shot 93.1% from the free throw line, making 67 of 72 attempts. He was incredibly efficient with his own shot, averaging 1.56 points per shot and scoring at an insanely great clip of 62.7% True Shooting over six games.

Throughout the Conference Finals – and even now that they are over – the general consensus has been that Kobe Bryant has been "not bad," and LeBron James (http://www.sbnation.com/nba/players/21851/LeBron_James) has been incredible. Clearly, Bryant's performance by itself should be regarded as truly incredible. But beyond that, the disparity in how Bryant and James were seen in their respective Conference Finals series demonstrates the different predispositions with which people evaluate each player.

Consider the following:
LeBron, a (very big) small forward whose primary advantage over Kobe is his supposedly unstoppable ability to get to the rim, shot 48.7% from the field, nearly identical to Kobe's 48.1% from the field.
LeBron's True Shooting Percentage was a very solid 59.1% for the series, but Kobe's was an incredible 62.7%.
LeBron took more three-pointers than Kobe did, but while Kobe made his at a respectable rate of 34.4%, LeBron shot a miserable 29.7% from distance.
LeBron took more free throws than Kobe did, but he hit only 74.5% of them, whereas Kobe hit 93.1% of his. (Important: In the fourth quarter of Game 3, LeBron missed 5 free throws that may have cost him the game. More on this later.)
LeBron turned the ball over 4.17 times per game; Kobe only turned the ball over 2.17 times per game. (Important: In the fourth quarter and overtime of Game 4, LeBron committed 7 turnovers that may have cost him the game. More on this later.)
LeBron scored 4.5 points more than Kobe during the Conference Finals, but he needed 4 extra shots per game to do so (and 5.3 extra shooting possessions, when shot attempts that result in free throws are accounted for).Considering all of the above, it baffles me that the talking heads continue to underrate Kobe Bryant's performance in the Conference Finals, while ranting and raving to no end about LeBron James' brilliance.

Even more important than all of the above, however, was the result of the six Conference Finals games that each player participated in. While LeBron James was statistically and individually impressive, he also dominated the ball for his team. When Kobe has done the same thing in the past, he has been criticized for taking his teammates out of the game. Why is it that now, with LeBron doing the same, he doesn't receive the same criticism?

During the Eastern Conference Finals, the Cavaliers (http://www.sbnation.com/nba/teams/CLE)' offense essentially reverted back to that old "give it to LeBron and let him do something" offense. Is it really any surprise that the productivity of LeBron's teammates suffered while they were standing around watching and waiting for him to do something with the ball? It shouldn't be; an offense so completely dominated by one player can only be so effective. And yet, somehow, LeBron's teammates are receiving all the blame for their unexpected playoff exit. LeBron deserves his share, as well, for dominating the ball and taking his teammates out of the game. It worked once, in Game 5; the rest of the time, it hurt his team.

Some will point to LeBron's assists: he averaged an impressive eight assists in the Eastern Conference Finals. Again, I ask you, is it any surprise that he is collecting assists when the majority of the Cavs' possessions end in LeBron making a play with the shot clock winding down? The "give it to LeBron" offense does not encourage ball movement. That extra pass? There isn't time for it, and even if there was, players aren't moving enough to make it worthwhile, because they have been too busy standing around waiting for LeBron. Shoot enough, and you will score plenty of points; pass enough in situations where additional passing is not encouraged, and you will rack up plenty of assists. None of that makes an offense built on waiting for LeBron to do something late in the shot clock anything close to efficient.

On the other hand, while LeBron was dominating the ball and putting up incredible stats, all the while stifling his team's offense and taking his teammates out of the game, Kobe Bryant was on the other side of the country, worrying more about winning than statistics. While LeBron was taking over at the end of games, dominating the offense, Kobe Bryant was gladly giving up the ball to facilitate ball movement and the creation of incredibly easy shots. While LeBron was busy putting on individual performances that would end in losses, Kobe was sharing the ball and allowing his teammates to share the moment with him. As a result, that moment was much more enjoyable, both for Bryant and for his teammates.
The key statistic: In six games, Kobe Bryant took 131 shots; LeBron James took 154, also in six games. Adjusting to account for shooting possessions that ended in free throws, the disparity grows even larger, with LeBron (195) using 32 more shooting possessions than Kobe (163) – an average of 5.3 additional shots per game. Impressed by LeBron's 38.5 points per game? Consider that Kobe sacrificed his own shots to get his team wins, but if he had taken as many shots as LeBron, he would have averaged 41 points per game.

And that's not where it ends. As the bullet points above show, it's quite a stretch to actually suggest that LeBron James was better than Kobe Bryant in the Conference Finals – but if you're still not convinced, consider this. As I mentioned above, LeBron James committed 4.17 turnovers per game to Kobe's 2.17; in Game 4, he committed seven turnovers in the fourth quarter and overtime alone. Orlando won the pivotal game by two points, putting Cleveland in a hole they would never be able to dig out of. Had LeBron been able to control the ball in the fourth quarter, the overtime period would never have been necessary; had he gotten control in overtime, the Cavs might still have won the game.

And how about Game 3? LeBron missed five free throws in the fourth quarter alone. The Magic (http://www.sbnation.com/nba/teams/ORL) won by 10, but before the final 34 seconds, in which they increased their lead by five points due to "garbage time" fouling, Orlando had only a five-point lead. Had LeBron made those five free throws — the way Kobe made all nine of his in the fourth quarter of Game 1 (decided by two points) — the game would have been tied with 34 seconds left, and the end-of-game fouling would have been unnecessary. Again, the Cavaliers would have had a great chance of winning that game.
Here's the point: A look at Kobe Bryant's performances should tell you that he has had a stellar playoffs, and that the Western Conference Finals was among the best series of his career (which, in his case, is saying a lot). His incredible numbers for the Western Conference Finals only reinforce this observation. And if you're still not convinced, an honest evaluation of his performance compared to that of LeBron James, whose individual play in the Conference Finals is being lauded as some of the best basketball ever seen, will show you that Bryant has actually been better than James. He has been more efficient offensively, he has avoided key mistakes like missed free throws and hordes of turnovers that potentially cost LeBron two games, and he has kept his teammates involved and made all the right decisions in close, important games. In the end, only the final result matters, and while LeBron was busy playing his own game and racking up his own statistics, Kobe Bryant was sacrificing some of his own production in order to collect the most important statistic of all: Wins.

By any measure, Kobe Bryant has been as good as ever in these playoffs. LeBron's Eastern Conference Finals performance may be hailed as one of the greatest of all time, but Kobe's Western Conference Finals performance was even better. And while LeBron is back at home, trying to convince us that his refusal to congratulate the Magic or talk to the media wasn't poor sportsmanship, Kobe Bryant and the Lakers are heading into the Finals at the top of their games.

The "big three-oh"? It means nothing to Kobe.

http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2009/6/3/897279/kobe-bryant-at-the-top-of-his-game

OABB
06-03-2009, 07:31 PM
yeah, but did he ever hit a game winner?

TheManeMan
06-03-2009, 10:14 PM
When LBJ is 31 this conversation will be laughable. Hilarious!

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-03-2009, 11:41 PM

:giggle: :rofl:

oubronco
06-04-2009, 04:56 PM
GO LAKERS

Jason in LA
06-04-2009, 05:00 PM

Nope, LeBron has never hit a game winner. ;D

dbfan4life
06-04-2009, 05:49 PM
Anyone else having problems with ABC? It's out on both cable and satellite here.

OABB
06-04-2009, 07:31 PM
I'll take the merge....

why are the mods so ****ing awesome!?!?!?!