PDA

View Full Version : Broncos Targets you Think will Slide.

rugbythug
04-16-2009, 12:36 PM
This is not conventional Wisdom but here it is anyway.

Rey Rey- I think he could be there at 48. I think there is actually little chance of him being taken in the 1st.

James the ITIS- I think he could fall to the 3rd. Maybe even 4th. Does everything ok but nothing great. over analyzed.

Ron Brace-Big Guys who have no pass rush ability are not that highly thought of I think he falls to the 3rd maybe even 4th. He is overvalued here because of our longing for fatness. And it only takes one team to love him. But way to many DL with no pass rush ability have fallen in the past for me to think he is a 2nd round lock.

no-pseudo-fan
04-16-2009, 12:44 PM
Rey's floor is 25 to Miami. Bill loves big physical ILB.

cmhargrove
04-16-2009, 01:08 PM
Since we don't know the current regime, it's hard to tell who the current targets are.

Everyone seems to be placing the three USC backers in the first round, but it wouldn't surprise me to see two of them fall to the second.

In an honest world, Sanchez would slide to the bottom of the first, Brace would indeed drop to the third, and even Raji would drop to the low first based on previous character issues and one great year of production.

Carmelo15
04-16-2009, 01:09 PM
I would agree that Maualuga's floor is at #25 to Miami. His basement is at #34 to New England. (Barring some type of controversy or incident before the draft)

Kaylore
04-16-2009, 01:38 PM
Rey's floor is 25 to Miami. Bill loves big physical ILB.

But he doesn't like stupid ones.

Rohirrim
04-16-2009, 01:43 PM
I think there is zero chance the USC LBs fall to the second. I'm guessing they're all gone by pick 23.

no-pseudo-fan
04-16-2009, 01:45 PM
But he doesn't like stupid ones.

LT was never too bright. You can not teach passion and desire for this game. Rey has that.

Kaylore
04-16-2009, 02:03 PM
LT was never too bright. You can not teach passion and desire for this game. Rey has that.

That's true, but the 3-4 was different back then and they already have an oft-moronic, yet dominant pass rusher on the team.

no-pseudo-fan
04-16-2009, 02:14 PM
I guess. I just want a guy on the team that plays for the love of the game. Those guys lay it on the line every Sunday and demand that others do so to.

Kaylore
04-16-2009, 02:31 PM
I guess. I just want a guy on the team that plays for the love of the game. Those guys lay it on the line every Sunday and demand that others do so to.

There's more of those than you think. I just don't want another "athlete" that has the brain power of a cricket but can run really fast. Ten years of that is enough for me.

no-pseudo-fan
04-16-2009, 02:34 PM
There's more of those than you think. I just don't want another "athlete" that has the brain power of a cricket but can run really fast. Ten years of that is enough for me.

I think there is less than you think.

Would you really be upset if we drafted Rey at #12?

Kaylore
04-16-2009, 04:14 PM

I'd be upset if we drafted him at 18.

SonOfLe-loLang
04-16-2009, 05:20 PM
I'd be upset if we drafted him at 18.

im actually a maualuga believer. He packs a wallop though i understand he can play a bit undisciplined....he was a man among boys out there though for USC

Hallside
04-16-2009, 05:52 PM
I'm not certain Rey would even be a notable upgrade over Larsen.

cutthemdown
04-16-2009, 06:35 PM

Rey Rey- I think he could be there at 48. I think there is actually little chance of him being taken in the 1st.

James the ITIS- I think he could fall to the 3rd. Maybe even 4th. Does everything ok but nothing great. over analyzed.

Ron Brace-Big Guys who have no pass rush ability are not that highly thought of I think he falls to the 3rd maybe even 4th. He is overvalued here because of our longing for fatness. And it only takes one team to love him. But way to many DL with no pass rush ability have fallen in the past for me to think he is a 2nd round lock.

I'll bet you 1000 bucks Rey goes in first round.

In fact I will give you odds. If he goes 1st I win 1000.00 If he goes 2nd round or later you get 1500.00.

Since you see little chance of him going in round 1 you would be a fool to pass up this free money.

ironclady can vouch that I am who I say I am and will pay up.

cutthemdown
04-16-2009, 06:39 PM
I'm not certain Rey would even be a notable upgrade over Larsen.

You are crazy, Rey Rey destroys blockers at the point of attack. He will create havoc between the tackles in a 3-4 defense. You have no idea IMO.

Hallside
04-16-2009, 07:32 PM
You are crazy, Rey Rey destroys blockers at the point of attack. He will create havoc between the tackles in a 3-4 defense. You have no idea IMO.

Larsen also played very well in the Pac10, on a much worse team. Retrospectively, I think we can also say that Larsen laid the wood for a rookie as a 4-3 MLB in the NFL. Larsen's talents (and limitations) are actually much better suited to a 3-4 as well. Additionally, Rey had what I thought was a somewhat disappointing workout at the combine, no rival to the truly elite LB prospects to come into the league in the last several years.

Finally, I never said Larsen is better than Rey. I said I wasn't convinced Rey would be enough of an upgrade to justify the pick. In other words, Larsen can play some ball, Rey is not an elite prospect, and we have much bigger needs that the draft can address more effectively. And there are character and intelligence concerns.

TheChamp24
04-16-2009, 07:54 PM

Rey will definitely go 1st round.
Jams will go 1st round/early 2nd.
Ron Brace isn't going to fall, he is a very good DT/NT and can eat up blockers. DT's don't have to rush the passer to be good.

BroncoMan4ever
04-16-2009, 10:10 PM
Since we don't know the current regime, it's hard to tell who the current targets are.

Everyone seems to be placing the three USC backers in the first round, but it wouldn't surprise me to see two of them fall to the second.

In an honest world, Sanchez would slide to the bottom of the first, Brace would indeed drop to the third, and even Raji would drop to the low first based on previous character issues and one great year of production.

i agree with all that, but considering how weak this draft class is, all of these guys except for Brace will be gone by 25. and with more teams making the switch to 3-4 and needing that big fat NT it wouldn't surprise me to see Brace end up being taken no later than the early 2nd.

also, if this QB class didn't suck, no way would Sanchez be a possible top 5 pick. he was smart with choosing when to come out of college when he would have the most value, instead of what Leinart did in staying at school falling in the draft and losing millions in guaranteed money. had Sanchez stayed in school he would have lost money because next season he is at best a late 1st early 2nd pick.

chaz
04-17-2009, 12:15 AM
There's more of those than you think.

I think there are more guys just showing up for a paycheck than you think.

no-pseudo-fan
04-17-2009, 06:28 AM
I know that I am not the only one that thinks Rey would be a huge impact on this team....

I want Rey on this team, he brings everything he's got during the game. Larsen is a great ST and backup LB/FB. Davis is on his last legs, and is more of a teacher than anything. We need some heart on this team, and I think we will regret passing on Rey.

JCMElway
04-17-2009, 07:07 AM

Absolutely, yes. Rey with our 2nd rounder would not bother me.

no-pseudo-fan
04-17-2009, 08:07 AM
Absolutely, yes. Rey with our 2nd rounder would not bother me.

That's crazy. He will not be there at 48. The draft is such a crapshoot, you have to take the best players you can when you can. Even if you get a guy that does well for you in the first round, if you miss on a ALL-PRO you got to be kicking yourself. Desire and passion go a long way. Rey hasn't even scratched the surface of the player that he can be. Cushing is what he is, and Mathews is all potential and very little production. Rey led that Defense.

rugbythug
04-17-2009, 08:13 AM

In fact I will give you odds. If he goes 1st I win 1000.00 If he goes 2nd round or later you get 1500.00.

Since you see little chance of him going in round 1 you would be a fool to pass up this free money.

How about we bet a Hurts Doughnut. Cmon don't get all twisted up on some layman's draft thoughts. Anyone who bet a dollar on the draft is a fool. I tell you what you predict the first 10 picks in order and I will give you a snuggee Or you Just Predict any teams first 3 picks. Or you just predict the first 3 runningbacks taken in order. Or the first 3 LB.

I am simply looking at empirical evidence. 2 down backers and Fat DL who can't rush the passer fall. Take a look at past drafts.

nickademus
04-17-2009, 08:57 AM
I could see the road warrior jr. slipping to the second round but rey rey wont get out of the first. I personally hope we get Jackson and a RB (either Wells or Moreno). I would like rashad johnson and clint sintim toss a jack in there and that would be my ideal first three rounds.

SonOfLe-loLang
04-17-2009, 09:39 AM
I could see the road warrior jr. slipping to the second round but rey rey wont get out of the first. I personally hope we get Jackson and a RB (either Wells or Moreno). I would like rashad johnson and clint sintim toss a jack in there and that would be my ideal first three rounds.

You gotta put some trust into the son of a road warrior, right? Also, didnt they try to link his lineage to one of the spartan 300? Works for me

Elway777
04-17-2009, 09:47 AM
Clay Mathews could fall. I think he ran some white Supreme web site as a joke. He had a photo of a little black kid in handcuffs with some caption of We need to arrest black kids before they committ crimes.

bap454
04-17-2009, 10:18 AM
The more I read and look at Clint Sintim, the more I want him. I am a big fan of Rey Rey and would have no problem with him as one of our 1st round picks. However Sintim at 48 would be like a wet dream coming true. I just dont think he will make it that far.

I think Sintim will play out just like David Harris for the Jets did. Us being rumored to be in love with him and hoping he drops to us in the second. Only to watch him go before we pick. Probly a reach at 18??

cutthemdown
04-17-2009, 02:31 PM
How about we bet a Hurts Doughnut. Cmon don't get all twisted up on some layman's draft thoughts. Anyone who bet a dollar on the draft is a fool. I tell you what you predict the first 10 picks in order and I will give you a snuggee Or you Just Predict any teams first 3 picks. Or you just predict the first 3 runningbacks taken in order. Or the first 3 LB.

I am simply looking at empirical evidence. 2 down backers and Fat DL who can't rush the passer fall. Take a look at past drafts.

In other words you won't put money where your mouth is. It's all good I say things sometimes I wouldn't want to back up with dollars. It's called running our mouths and everyones done it.

Deep down you know Rey will be a first round pick, you don't really think he will slide to 2nd or you would have more confidence in your statement.

By the way what does you throwing out all these scenarios for me to try to accomplish have to do with you being way off on where Rey Rey get's selected.

Seems like you won't back up your statement to me.

Dedhed
04-17-2009, 03:29 PM
For a fan base that has watched perhaps the softest defense in the league for the last decade, I can't believe the lack of want for the violence that Rey brings to the field.

I would take him at twelve in a heartbeat, and I would stab someone if we passed on him at 18.

rugbythug
04-28-2009, 11:30 AM
In other words you won't put money where your mouth is. It's all good I say things sometimes I wouldn't want to back up with dollars. It's called running our mouths and everyones done it.

Deep down you know Rey will be a first round pick, you don't really think he will slide to 2nd or you would have more confidence in your statement.

By the way what does you throwing out all these scenarios for me to try to accomplish have to do with you being way off on where Rey Rey get's selected.

Seems like you won't back up your statement to me.

Hey Bitch-How you like me Now.

rugbythug
04-28-2009, 11:31 AM

Well One out of 3. I still think Brace is over picked. He is there INCASE****. IE Wilfork jumping ship.

azbroncfan
04-28-2009, 12:46 PM

Well so much for the so called expert. It is too bad I didn't see this before the draft, I wouldn't of done 1000 but I would of done 100 bucks.