PDA

View Full Version : Graham Harrell

HorseHead
04-16-2009, 05:37 AM
Could somebody help me with this guy...

Seemed to play in an offense that was constantly in a shot gun..

Put up arena league like numbers...

I bet he's around in the 3-4th rounds...pass or not?

El Guapo
04-16-2009, 06:05 AM
Why are we in this mess? Ugh.

supermanhr9
04-16-2009, 06:06 AM
pick him up,,, pass on sanchez

socalorado
04-16-2009, 06:13 AM
Texas Tech hasnt exactly ever put out a soild QB before, but i think Harrell is worth a look. Same goes for McGee outta Texas A&M
Hopefully they get one of these guys
http://walterfootball.com/college/TexasTech_logo.gif Graham Harrell, Texas Tech
Height: 6-2. Weight: 223.
Projected 40 Time: 4.73.
Combine 40 Time: 5.07.
Hand Size: 9 1/2.
Projected Round (2009): 6-7.

http://walterfootball.com/college/TexasAM_logo.gif Stephen McGee, Texas A&M
Height: 6-3. Weight: 225.
Projected 40 Time: 4.68.
Combine 40 Time: 4.66.
Hand Size: 9.
Projected Round (2009): 7-FA.

http://walterfootball.com/college/CentralWashington_logo.gif Mike Reilly, Central Washington
Height: 6-3. Weight: 214.
Projected 40 Time: 4.80.
Combine 40 Time: 4.92.
Hand Size: 10.
Projected Round (2009): 5-6.

http://walterfootball.com/college/Purdue_logo.gif Curtis Painter, Purdue (http://walterfootball.com/pro2009cpainter.php)
Height: 6-3. Weight: 225.
Projected 40 Time: 4.85.
Combine 40 Time: 4.92.
Hand Size: 9 1/4.
Projected Round (2009): 7-FA.

meangene
04-16-2009, 07:06 AM
Harrell's lack of arm strength was badly exposed in the Senior Bowl games and practices and in the post-season workouts. Nice college quarterback in a quarterback-friendly system but, as an NFL QB? FAIL.

Binkythefrog
04-16-2009, 07:28 AM
I remember watching some of his games. It seemed like his forte was throwing short accurate passes to his receivers and letting them run around. His downfield throws seemed weak, and if it wasn't for Crabtree dominating everyone, his numbers would of been lower. There were a couple throws where he just threw it up for grabs for Crabtree and he would come down with it.

tsiguy96
04-16-2009, 07:36 AM
There were a couple throws where he just threw it up for grabs for Marshall and he would come down with it.

oh how i miss jay cutler...

The Joker
04-16-2009, 07:38 AM
Harrell's lack of arm strength was badly exposed in the Senior Bowl games and practices and in the post-season workouts. Nice college quarterback in a quarterback-friendly system but, as an NFL QB? FAIL.

Well ya know somethin meangene, our new head coach runs a pretty QB-friendly system himself here brother.

With some solid coaching and a few years to learn the system, I think Harrell could be pretty solid. He certainly fits the style of QB that McDaniels likes to go with brother. He's a good decision maker, an accurate passer who takes his vitamins, says his prayers and studies his game tape.

A mid round QB is pretty much a certainty for us this year brother. McD will want to take a guy to try and work his magic with in case neither Orton or Simms can elevate their games sufficiently to be the long-term solution at the position.

Harrell certainly fits the mold, and he's one of two or three QB candidates I see to be a Bronco on draft day.

So I guess ya gotta ask yourself meangene, is what ya gonna do... when Harrellmania is runnin wild on you!!??

Where's Plummer???
04-16-2009, 07:39 AM

isnt that exactly what McD will be runnin? a QB friendly system? besides cassel didnt have much arm strength and look what he did with him

Rock Chalk
04-16-2009, 07:42 AM
Could somebody help me with this guy...

Seemed to play in an offense that was constantly in a shot gun..

Put up arena league like numbers...

I bet he's around in the 3-4th rounds...pass or not?

I was talking to my brother about this who is much more knowledgeable about college football.

I seen one draft where he is a 7th rounder. He said the issue is that all QBs at Tech in that particular system put up monstrous numbers. Its the system that makes them look good. I guess Kliff Klingsbury was the last one? Something, anyway he didnt think he was an NFL caliber QB due to the system, or at least thats why he's not getting the attention other QBs in teh draft are.

You have to remember, Tech throws more WRs out there than any team can cover and they have a crapload of good WRs that come out of there.

meangene
04-16-2009, 08:04 AM
Well ya know somethin meangene, our new head coach runs a pretty QB-friendly system himself here brother.

With some solid coaching and a few years to learn the system, I think Harrell could be pretty solid. He certainly fits the style of QB that McDaniels likes to go with brother. He's a good decision maker, an accurate passer who takes his vitamins, says his prayers and studies his game tape.

A mid round QB is pretty much a certainty for us this year brother. McD will want to take a guy to try and work his magic with in case neither Orton or Simms can elevate their games sufficiently to be the long-term solution at the position.

Harrell certainly fits the mold, and he's one of two or three QB candidates I see to be a Bronco on draft day.

So I guess ya gotta ask yourself meangene, is what ya gonna do... when Harrellmania is runnin wild on you!!??

Ha! Ok, not holding my breath on that one but we'll see. Problem is I don't see his arm strength as even being adequate. It was actually painful to watch him in the Senior Bowl. I like some of the other mid-round developmental guys better.

Smiling Assassin27
04-16-2009, 08:16 AM
I see Harrell as intriguing. Brady and Cassell don't exactly own cannons for arms either. He's obviously a system qb and has the leadership and smarts to run one well against college level players. He very well could be one of those diamonds in the rough that eventually came to light in NE's system offense. At worst, he could be a serviceable backup. I'd take him over hackney right now.

maher_tyler
04-16-2009, 08:26 AM
Pretty impressive stats to pass up...only 9 ints this past season...i'd take him!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/stats?playerId=160425

meangene
04-16-2009, 08:26 AM
Harrell's Post Senior Bowl Report:

Texas Tech QB Graham Harrell

Texas Tech's Graham Harrell did not impress with his arm. (Chip English / Associated Press)

There were questions about whether the former Red Raider star could look like an NFL quarterback when put under center. He didn't throughout the week of practices, struggling with his consistency and his accuracy, and then came the nightmare of the Senior Bowl. He didn't show off an NFL arm and completed just 4-of-13 passes for 40 yards with an interception.

I would prefer Painter, McGee, or even Nate Davis. Just think there is more to work with.

SonOfLe-loLang
04-16-2009, 08:37 AM
I was talking to my brother about this who is much more knowledgeable about college football.

I seen one draft where he is a 7th rounder. He said the issue is that all QBs at Tech in that particular system put up monstrous numbers. Its the system that makes them look good. I guess Kliff Klingsbury was the last one? Something, anyway he didnt think he was an NFL caliber QB due to the system, or at least thats why he's not getting the attention other QBs in teh draft are.

You have to remember, Tech throws more WRs out there than any team can cover and they have a crapload of good WRs that come out of there.

While I think its kind of silly to downgrade a guy simply because of the system he plays in, I think Harrell's arm strength is suspect. He seems to be a great decision maker and always knows where to go with the ball, but during the senior bowl, he was bouncing out patterns. Now perhaps he was hurt or something, but his arm looked plenty weak.

TheChamp24
04-16-2009, 09:03 AM
I'd only take a late round, 6th or 7th, pick on him. He has a lot of question marks, and needs time to adjust to the NFL game. If he still sucks as a NFL QB, no big deal.

TheDave
04-16-2009, 09:07 AM
Not enough arm to play on sunday... next.