PDA

View Full Version : Aaron Curry: Class Act

chickennob2
04-16-2009, 02:02 AM
http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2009/apr/15/curry-bringing-st-jude-patient-to-nfl-draft/

When Aaron Curry realized he'd be one of nine players invited to the NFL draft, he knew he'd put on an expensive suit and surround himself with his family on one of the biggest days of his life. The Wake Forest linebacker wanted to do something unique, too.

Curry wound up at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital on Monday. In a prearranged meeting set up by his agent and hospital officials, Curry told wide-eyed, 12-year-old Bryson Merriweather he wanted a tour of the place. The boy had spent the better part of two years there undergoing five rounds of chemotherapy for leukemia, which is now in remission.

"We were acting like he was just taking me on a regular tour around the hospital," Curry said. "Toward the end we ended up outside tossing each other a football and I just started talking about the draft. He said he had seen it and I was telling him that I had been invited and if he would join me in this experience. So I said, 'So come to New York with me and get drafted into the NFL.'"

--

What a great guy. Here's a 23 year old guy who's about to be a multi-millionaire who really has his head on straight. It's nice to see that for every Pacman and Maurice Clarrett, there's an Aaron Curry.

dbfan21
04-16-2009, 03:05 AM
QFT

I would love to see the Broncos figure out a way to get that guy on our team.

The Joker
04-16-2009, 03:49 AM
Damn Chiefs.

snowspot66
04-16-2009, 06:14 AM
I wish Detriot would take him.

supermanhr9
04-16-2009, 08:11 AM
Wow,, that's cool too bad he'll be coming at us for the next couple of years dangit

ElwayMD
04-16-2009, 08:28 AM
Good to see that there are at least a few young players who understand that they are also rolemodels. This story needs to get a bunch of play on draft day so younger players can learn from this.

Pony Boy
04-16-2009, 09:06 AM
Why get all pumped up over a player that we have no chance in hell of getting?:kiddingme