PDA

View Full Version : Maybe this is our Next Development QB - Stephen McQee?

Hulamau
04-16-2009, 12:22 AM
He's got the size and I did see him looking good in the one A&M game I saw last year, as long as the shoulder is 100%, perhaps he'd be worth a short in the later rounds? You know we're going QB with one of those picks.

QB to visit Broncos
by Chris Steuber of ScoutNFLNetwork.com, April 13, 2009 at 7:38pm ET

Stephen McGee Profile

Now that Jay Cutler is no longer in Denver, the Broncos are keeping their options open when it comes to the future signal caller of their franchise. A source told Scout.com that the Broncos will host Texas A&M QB Stephen McGee on Wednesday, April 15th.

McGee made two other visits last week; to learn more about those visits, click here.

The 6-foot-3, 225-pound McGee was troubled by a torn labrum in his throwing shoulder this past season and only started three games for the Aggies. In limited action, the usually elusive McGee carried the ball only 17 times for a disappointing 50 yards and threw just 85 passes, completing 56 of them (65.9-percent) for 586 yards, two touchdowns and two interceptions.

But, it was his ascension this offseason that has made him a sought after prospect. At the East-West Shrine Game, McGee had a standout week of practice and an impressive performance on game day. He completed 9-of-14 passes for 128 yards and a touchdown. At the Scouting Combine, the intrigue over McGee blossomed, as he ran a 4.61 in the 40-yard dash and threw well during positional drills.
McGee is currently the 5th rated quarterback (59th overall) in the Scout.com Draft Rankings.

BroncoDoug
04-16-2009, 12:28 AM
Maybe he could be a good QB to groom for a few years? IDK anything about him...

BroncoMan4ever
04-16-2009, 04:14 AM
i'd bet on Bomar or Harrell being the guy we pick over McGee.

s0phr0syne
04-16-2009, 06:19 AM
McGee, huh? Maybe they made a thread for him already...

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=79600

El Guapo
04-16-2009, 06:59 AM
Oh no, not McQueef.

barryr
04-16-2009, 07:25 AM
Drafting a developmental QB whomever that may be in this draft and waiting to see how Orton performs knowing you have 2 #1 picks in the next draft makes more sense than drafting Sanchez who hasn't played that much in college and throwing in there when past history of that happening to QB's who weren't ready has normally not gone well.

KS Bronco
04-16-2009, 08:05 AM
this makes more since than sanchez. coming from belicheck, i dont see mcdaniels drafting a qb early. brady and cassel were both LATE round picks

Hulamau
04-16-2009, 08:15 AM
Yep didn't see the earlier thread on McGee, but interesting McD is bringing him in for a private workout.

Good thing McD is young and vibrant, can you imagine what his schedule is like these days between trying to put together the first mini-camp, get everyone of these new and old guys alike on the same page and manage the draft next weekend???

He must sleep two hours each night hanging next to his Hoodie in his office closet!

telluride
04-16-2009, 08:21 AM
We should always have a young QB in development, if only to trade for picks later, as the Texans often do. Shanny let the backup QB role go dormant, when you should treat it as an asset/opportunity.

Doggcow
04-16-2009, 09:40 AM
We should totally have a Team of "Mc"s it'd be awesome.

TheChamp24
04-16-2009, 09:53 AM
i'd bet on Bomar or Harrell being the guy we pick over McGee.

Bomar? Bomar would be horrible for us, and he will flake out because he freakin sucks.

Harrell maybe in the 6th/7th round I'd take a flyer on him to see if he has anything. I don't like his pro prospect though, he doesn't have a good arm strength and his accuracy is inconsistent.

RunSilentRunDeep
04-16-2009, 10:21 AM
I'd be cool with him as a third-round pick. Great character guy and obviously a gamer.

<embed src="http://blip.tv/play/AfLRRZOQAQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="390" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed>

TheElusiveKyleOrton
04-16-2009, 10:25 AM
Drafting a developmental QB whomever that may be in this draft and waiting to see how Orton performs knowing you have 2 #1 picks in the next draft makes more sense than drafting Sanchez who hasn't played that much in college and throwing in there when past history of that happening to QB's who weren't ready has normally not gone well.

Seconded. I think McGee would be a good prospect. Not sure why he'd choose A&M, but...

socalorado
04-16-2009, 10:29 AM
I'd be cool with him as a third-round pick. Great character guy and obviously a gamer.

<embed src="http://blip.tv/play/AfLRRZOQAQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="390" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed>

He looks like a solid guy to develop. I think that i read a rumor that Belicheat loves this kid too. Of course hes loaded at QB, so i dont think he would take him.

BroncoMan4ever
04-16-2009, 01:35 PM
Bomar? Bomar would be horrible for us, and he will flake out because he freakin sucks.

Harrell maybe in the 6th/7th round I'd take a flyer on him to see if he has anything. I don't like his pro prospect though, he doesn't have a good arm strength and his accuracy is inconsistent.

i am not calling Bomar the next Brady or anything like that. he just appears to be a guy with similar measurables to Cassel and a guy that McDaniels would possibly be interested in same with Harrell. if anything i would bring back Hackney to be number 3, play out the year with Orton and if we need a QB go after next years QB class.

Borks147
04-16-2009, 01:54 PM
if anything i would bring back Hackney to be number 3, play out the year with Orton and if we need a QB go after next years QB class.

Hackney is donezo dude. Orton, Simms and a 3rd string rookie are enough. Hackney doesn't have a the necessary height and skill set needed for this offense.

Hulamau
04-16-2009, 03:09 PM
i am not calling Bomar the next Brady or anything like that. he just appears to be a guy with similar measurables to Cassel and a guy that McDaniels would possibly be interested in same with Harrell. if anything i would bring back Hackney to be number 3, play out the year with Orton and if we need a QB go after next years QB class.

Bomar is not accurate enough, Id take McGee over him.

BroncoMan4ever
04-16-2009, 11:16 PM
Hackney is donezo dude. Orton, Simms and a 3rd string rookie are enough. Hackney doesn't have a the necessary height and skill set needed for this offense.

i know he's gone, i said that in sarcasm. but with the complete lack of any talent in this draft at the QB position, i would rather just get a number 3 guy like Hackney in FA instead of burning even a late round pick on a guy that in a half way decent draft class normally wouldn't even get drafted.

The Moops
04-17-2009, 10:23 PM
I'd rather see Denver picking Bomar or McGee in the 3rd-5th rounds than to use a #1 for Sanchez . . .

Defense should be TOP PRIORITY!!!

Crashman44b
04-19-2009, 02:21 AM

No more crack for you.

watermock
04-19-2009, 02:25 AM
He looks alot like Jay!

Without the stupor. Don't worry, we won't draft him, too strong an arm.

elsid13
04-19-2009, 06:57 AM
Between Bomar and McGee I would take McGee because his throwing motion and mechanics look better. Add in McGee ability to move and that good fit especial since he very similar to the O'Connell kid NE drafted last season.

dreasher54
04-19-2009, 07:20 AM
seeing as though i am from Texas, i have watched him rather alot. I also watch Grahm and personally you can say he is a system qb, but he is a leader and he can make the throws.

elsid13
04-19-2009, 07:44 AM
seeing as though i am from Texas, i have watched him rather alot. I also watch Grahm and personally you can say he is a system qb, but he is a leader and he can make the throws.

See I don't think Grahm has the arm strength to make the required NFL throw (deep outs, comebacks, ect). Most that TT passing attack were short throws and deep one once in awhile. I never saw that intermediate pass that is the staple of the NFL