PDA

View Full Version : Mirror Magazine

alkemical
04-15-2009, 09:55 PM
Here's an underground magazine i've done. It might not be everyone's cup of tea - but check it out. If you don't like it - forward it to the craziest person you know - haha.

<iframe scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" frameborder="0" style="width:240px;height:66px;margin:3px;padding:0;borde r:1px solid #dde5e9;background-color:#ffffff;" src="http://cid-96592fa98962c8cb.skydrive.live.com/embedrowdetail.aspx/.Public/mirrormagazine.pdf"></iframe>

TheDave
04-15-2009, 09:58 PM
Am I going to be put on some FBI watch list if I download this?

alkemical
04-15-2009, 10:00 PM
I can't promise anything...

Honestly, it's nothing too "crazy". If you like my "odditorium" you'll probably enjoy the magazine.

alkemical
04-15-2009, 10:05 PM
I guess asking a crazy person, what's "too" crazy is sorta funny....

alkemical
04-15-2009, 10:32 PM
There is a page for it on facebook as well - search: mirrormagazine

broncocalijohn
04-15-2009, 11:24 PM
So, this isnt really about mirrors? I was possibly looking to replace mine in the bathroom with some beveled edged mirrors. I think THAT is what needs to come out in a magazine. Beautiful pixs of different kind of mirrors and the photography would be so great that you couldnt even see the camera guy or his shadow in any of the shots.

alkemical
04-16-2009, 07:55 AM
shameless bump

snowspot66
04-16-2009, 07:58 AM
Is this what you were working on and putting together?

Any plans for it in the future?

alkemical
04-16-2009, 08:01 AM
Is this what you were working on and putting together?

Any plans for it in the future?

Yep - this is what i've been working on.

Plans for the future... I have next quarter's outlined. ;)

I have an idea of where i'd like this to end up...or maybe i can use it as a vehicle to go where i need to go. I'm just trying to focus on the work and making each edition better.

alkemical
04-16-2009, 02:09 PM
In the current magazine:

a Review of the Homegrown terrorist act

Brain Hacks

Negative symbiosis

The War Against Terror (T.W.A.T)

Illuminati Rex explains banking

and much much more!

TheReverend
04-16-2009, 04:44 PM
I finished reading two days ago. I wasn't particularly fond of the opening bits sheerly due to difference of opinion but around page 30 it got to what I love. Awesome stuff.

I book-marked a bunch of pages on Constructal theory to read up more about it.

The section on testing different tin-foil helmet styles was priceless.

SureShot
04-16-2009, 06:47 PM
Good read amesj!

SouthStndJunkie
04-16-2009, 06:52 PM
How about some cryptozoology type of articles in the next issue?

elsid13
04-16-2009, 06:55 PM
Am I going to be put on some FBI watch list if I download this?

I have already turned you in, so one item on the list shouldn't be an issue. BTW just ignore the blacked out helicopters, we need to do some training with the new anal probe.

TheReverend
04-16-2009, 07:44 PM

Seconded.

PaintballCLE
04-16-2009, 07:53 PM
wow, your anti everything........including being anti "anti everything"
Ponder those deep thoughts....
IBOAB

LOL

broncosteven
04-16-2009, 07:59 PM
So, this isnt really about mirrors? I was possibly looking to replace mine in the bathroom with some beveled edged mirrors. I think THAT is what needs to come out in a magazine. Beautiful pixs of different kind of mirrors and the photography would be so great that you couldnt even see the camera guy or his shadow in any of the shots.

Or Gene Kranz standing in a lot of mirrors.

broncosteven
04-16-2009, 08:01 PM
BTW is page 2 supposed to be a vagina or did I fail a rosarch test?

Natedogg
04-16-2009, 08:01 PM
looks cool. will print it out and read it on the bus

broncosteven
04-16-2009, 08:02 PM
Are you big on Joseph Campbell?

I just checked out his Mythos lectures from the library. The Dali quote was used in them.

alkemical
04-16-2009, 09:24 PM

Seconded.

I have some stuff outlined - but didn't have a place yet - so i'll see what i can do. I got some flexibility and have been following the "big cat" stories going on in the UK - so i think i have some material to go on.

I was looking at covering the drone things too.

alkemical
04-16-2009, 09:25 PM
I finished reading two days ago. I wasn't particularly fond of the opening bits sheerly due to difference of opinion but around page 30 it got to what I love. Awesome stuff.

I have some holographic theory and some more kronos theory stuff being added for next quarter, some radionics and fractals.

alkemical
04-16-2009, 09:26 PM
wow, your anti everything........including being anti "anti everything"
Ponder those deep thoughts....
IBOAB

LOL

Who, me?

alkemical
04-16-2009, 09:27 PM
Are you big on Joseph Campbell?

I just checked out his Mythos lectures from the library. The Dali quote was used in them.

No, but i will add it to the list of **** to check out.

alkemical
04-16-2009, 09:29 PM

The homegrown terror act is important - i felt i had to educate people on where this now "Right Wing Radical" bull **** is going on - interesting though that since you've seen an early draft - that's been in it from the beginning.

I do have some new agriculture type things getting ready to go too. Some interesting ideas on how to expand our agriculture.

broncosteven
04-16-2009, 10:19 PM
I do have some new agriculture type things getting ready to go too. Some interesting ideas on how to expand our agriculture.

How about using Genesis to terra form Ceti Alpha 6?

sisterhellfyre
04-16-2009, 11:00 PM
Here's an underground magazine i've done. It might not be everyone's cup of tea - but check it out. If you don't like it - forward it to the craziest person you know - haha.

I am the craziest person I know. Not counting watermock, of course, cuz I haven't met him. In person. :-)

Thanks, Josh, I've been looking forward to this for some time.

Eldorado
04-16-2009, 11:28 PM
"Here's what we can do to change the world, right now, into a better ride. Take all that money we spend on
weapons and defense each year and, instead, spend it feeding, clothing and educating the poor of the world,
which it would do many times over -- not one human being excluded -- and we can explore space together, both
inner and outer, forever. In peace."

luv that guy.

broncocalijohn
04-16-2009, 11:53 PM
"Here's what we can do to change the world, right now, into a better ride. Take all that money we spend on
weapons and defense each year and, instead, spend it feeding, clothing and educating the poor of the world,
which it would do many times over -- not one human being excluded -- and we can explore space together, both
inner and outer, forever. In peace."

luv that guy.

So do the terrorist, drug runners, pirates, etc. That is a bleeding heart answer if Ive ever heard one. It feels good, until someone takes advantage of your ghandi like feelings.

alkemical
04-17-2009, 06:36 AM
I'm taking feedback so feel free to drop me a line - thanks for the good compliments though - and thanks for the ideas of what you want.

TheReverend
04-17-2009, 06:47 AM
The homegrown terror act is important - i felt i had to educate people on where this now "Right Wing Radical" bull **** is going on - interesting though that since you've seen an early draft - that's been in it from the beginning.

I never said it wasn't important. Just not for me is all. Hope you're already diving into the next issue.

alkemical
04-17-2009, 07:00 AM
I never said it wasn't important. Just not for me is all. Hope you're already diving into the next issue.

Yep, i am. It's really a job...I love doing it - but there are many hours of research, reading - trying to fit things together - organizing things, etc - i probably so about 20hrs a week towards the magazine.

TheReverend
04-17-2009, 08:11 AM
Oh, btw, on some pages the background is a little dark that makes it hard to read the actual content. Maybe I'm the only one with this problem? Something to look into though

rugbythug
04-17-2009, 08:28 AM
I am not your demographic. But to me it was so essoteric so as to not be useful. It seems to be more vague ideas than anything. But again I would not be a person who you would normally target.

Is it some sort of anarchist anti establishment person you are seeking to influence?

Yes your prose over the pictures made for distracted reading. I know it is artistically pleasing but only if you don't want people to actually read what you are writing.

snowspot66
04-17-2009, 08:29 AM
If this ever becomes a financial endeavor let me know. I know a very good graphic designer and she knows tons of others as well.

alkemical
04-17-2009, 08:35 AM
That was a problem i ran into - when printed - on paper - it's much easier to read than it is as a digital copy.

alkemical
04-17-2009, 08:37 AM
I am not your demographic. But to me it was so essoteric so as to not be useful. It seems to be more vague ideas than anything. But again I would not be a person who you would normally target.

Is it some sort of anarchist anti establishment person you are seeking to influence?

Yes your prose over the pictures made for distracted reading. I know it is artistically pleasing but only if you don't want people to actually read what you are writing.

I don't want to tell anyone how or what to think - only to think. I wanted to make an interesting magazine that wasn't intellectual.

It's being ironed out - first edition and all - but trust me - i do know about the text/graphics issue - it's not as problematic in print.

But i'm operating on a shoestring budget and just effort. Next issue will be different...sorta.

rugbythug
04-17-2009, 09:04 AM
I hope my post was not getting twisted. It was meant as constructive. I have an aversion to conspiracy theory's and or Illuminati Groups. (my First wife went off the deep end into this)

alkemical
04-17-2009, 09:06 AM
oh i know - some of it's for fun - some of it's for thought -

alkemical
05-07-2009, 02:42 PM
I have some crypto arch and zoo articles prepped - i got some other stuff going on too =- i scaled back on some of the graphics - (also saves $ on ink)

But i got some holographic theory, stuff on fractals, more illuminati rex comics -

I'm always looking for submitted photos, art, weird ****, etc....

alkemical
05-11-2009, 09:01 AM
On june 20th i'm going to be running a vendor booth for my magazine...

Does anyone have any good ideas for running a booth?

alkemical
06-05-2009, 08:10 AM
From the editor of Mirror:

Does any one have any content they have they'd like to have published? Do you have any DIY projects that involve gardening, urban-agriculture, ghost stories/hunts - your own projects/ideas you feel need to be showcased?

Do you have anything cool you'd like to share? Are you into steam-punk and built a room to it?

Do you have any art, photography, etc you want to showcase?

Mirror Magazine is an alternative publication that focuses on the fact there is no alternative-culture in today's media frenzied world. What Mirror is trying to accomplish is to become an open sourced content magazine. We focus on things that aren't mainstream...but will be.

I want to use this as a vehicle to get where i think the world is going to. With fresh ideas, some craziness, while supplying some DIY projects and ideas that can help transition our way through the changes that are happening.

Mirror is a reflection. What we want to do, is reflect back things we find that are obscure, and raise the awareness level of intelligence, fun, art, and thought. By reflecting our image of what we want the future to be, we can influence it.

Thanks,

Alkemical

telluride
06-05-2009, 11:21 AM
Hey Ames, you should check this place out:

http://magcloud.com/

Might be a good way to get your project out in front of more people.

_Oro_
06-05-2009, 11:43 AM
page 3 has a typo

Kaylore
06-05-2009, 11:51 AM
I finished this largely because I like the odditorium forum. I liked the MIT foil helmets and the article about the mini-truck. I lol'd at the cthulu page with "you never saw this". Wasn't so fond of the earlier stuff because I didn't agree with it and found the images in the background hard to read. I think that's why the second half was better - the images were next to the reading material, not superimposed onto it, so it made reading more comfortable.

I think you should work on your formatting, like have an index, organized sections, etc. One thing I would love is a page dedicated to letters to the editor with new conspiracy theories. If someone wrote enough good reading in, you get let them get a page or two in your magazine.

Anyway you have an eye for finding good material, you just need to develop your ability to bundle it all together.

alkemical
06-05-2009, 11:58 AM
thanks for the input - it's a work in progress. I"m more or less doing this myself - and i have a 2yr plan.

Tombstone RJ
06-05-2009, 12:00 PM

<iframe scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" frameborder="0" style="width:240px;height:66px;margin:3px;padding:0;borde r:1px solid #dde5e9;background-color:#ffffff;" src="http://cid-96592fa98962c8cb.skydrive.live.com/embedrowdetail.aspx/.Public/mirrormagazine.pdf"></iframe>

You do realize we can see your real name, right?

alkemical
06-05-2009, 12:02 PM
Some things are getting ready to roll, but it's a transition going on right now.

I'm getting ready to move - and i'm wanting to build a new box to do my work on, so some things are not where i want them to be, but i've got the first year lined up with content.

Thanks though!

2nd qrtr is more stripped down, so i hope that helps. I don't want it to be like everything else, so i'm going to be tinkering until i find the balance i want.

alkemical
06-05-2009, 12:03 PM
You do realize we can see your real name, right?

Yep. Most people 'around' do though.

Tombstone RJ
06-05-2009, 12:05 PM
Yep. Most people 'around' do though.

I now know your real name and the first three digits of your SS#.

Just saying...

alkemical
06-05-2009, 01:08 PM
I now know your real name and the first three digits of your SS#.

Just saying...

the #"s listed aren't my ssi# - and if you want to seriously steal my ID - pay the bills i have past due. ;)