PDA

View Full Version : CMHargrove's 5 round Mock (not officially endorsed by the Denver Broncos)

cmhargrove
04-15-2009, 12:01 PM
OK, my mock. My mock kicks all sorts of ass. Just choke on it.

First five rounds (because I have no idea after five)

12 - Knowshon Moreno RB or Chris Beanie Wells RB. I am assuming that Raji is gone, and Tyson Jackson is a reach at 12 (he goes between 12 and 18). If you truly feel you can sign a star, franchise type RB at 12, there is huge value. First round RB's have been paying off HUGE for teams the past few years. We have watched them go by, and our running game has suffered. Also, we need new "stars" to excite the fans since Cutler departed. This is a good economic move for the organization to sell tickets and jerseys. And, we get our Denver running game back.
18 - Larry English SOLB. I don't care about the "pretty boys" from USC, Larry English is a man. He has been a four year player, and has 30 sacks. He can hold the LOS, and rush the passer. He has the frame to get even stronger and heavier. He looks like the kind of badass that the Steelers and Ravens will turn into a star. Take him - day 1 starter at SOLB.
48 - Ron Brace - NT. Big fatty, needs some work, nuff said.
79 - Rashad Johnson - FS. We would be lucky to land him here, he might be gone. However, he's a ball magnet. He makes big plays and could take over at starting FS by the end of the year. He might make a great nickel back from day 1. Yes, he's much better than JMFW at nickel back.
84 - Chris Baker - NT. Sure, he's had some character concerns, that's why he drops. At 6'2" 326, we take him anyway. We need NT's desperately.
114 - Mitch King - DE. I like him as good as any DE prospect. Four year starter, very productive, high motor. He could make a great 3-4 DE.
149 - Stephen McGee - QB. The Broncos called him in, he's as good of a QB prospect as anyone (after Stafford and Sanchez). Let him learn from McGenius for a year or two and see if it pays off.

Rounds 6-7 - ????????

There it is, I win. The best Mock draft in the world.

Applause, applause.

socalorado
04-15-2009, 12:12 PM

12 - Knowshon Moreno RB or Chris Beanie Wells RB. I am assuming that Raji is gone, and Tyson Jackson is a reach at 12 (he goes between 12 and 18). If you truly feel you can sign a star, franchise type RB at 12, there is huge value. First round RB's have been paying off HUGE for teams the past few years. We have watched them go by, and our running game has suffered. Also, we need new "stars" to excite the fans since Cutler departed. This is a good economic move for the organization to sell tickets and jerseys. And, we get our Denver running game back.
NO. DEN has 35 RBs on the roster. Waste of a pick, and a very valuable pick at that. Take one of the "pretty boys" from SC, and get the _efense figured out.
18 - Larry English SOLB. I don't care about the "pretty boys" from USC, Larry English is a man. He has been a four year player, and has 30 sacks. He can hold the LOS, and rush the passer. He has the frame to get even stronger and heavier. He looks like the kind of badass that the Steelers and Ravens will turn into a star. Take him - day 1 starter at SOLB.
YES. HEs a freak, and could play JACK opposite Cushing at SAM if you didnt screw up that 1st pick.
SURE
79 - Rashad Johnson - FS. We would be lucky to land him here, he might be gone. However, he's a ball magnet. He makes big plays and could take over at starting FS by the end of the year. He might make a great nickel back from day 1. Yes, he's much better than JMFW at nickel back.
No one was on this guys bandwagon earlier than me here. I was talking him up long ago, and i thought he should be a 2nd round prospect. I dont mind taking him, except that DEN just cant afford to waste a pick on a safety this early IMHO. Plus Rashad is very, very light! he needs to gain some weight. I say, go front 7 through the 4th or 5th, then d!ck around with other positions.
84 - Chris Baker - NT. Sure, he's had some character concerns, that's why he drops. At 6'2" 326, we take him anyway. We need NT's desperately.
Sure
114 - Mitch King - DE. I like him as good as any DE prospect. Four year starter, very productive, high motor. He could make a great 3-4 DE.
HUGE MOTOR GUY! YES! At the very least he will be a rotational guy, but i think he will be more than that myself.
149 - Stephen McGee - QB. The Broncos called him in, he's as good of a QB prospect as anyone (after Stafford and Sanchez). Let him learn from McGenius for a year or two and see if it pays off.
Sure
Rounds 6-7 - ????????

There it is, i lose. The best Mock draft in the world.

Applause, applause.

Posters keep trying to over think the 1st round cause of some "fantasy value" ideology. DEN needs help on _efense. So get the players that help right away, and dont worry if hes taken 5 picks too high according to some no talent numbnut analyst. Its really irrelevant when dealing with the massive woes of DEN defense.

Rohirrim
04-15-2009, 12:15 PM
Where's the fat, barfing chick pic?

no-pseudo-fan
04-15-2009, 12:16 PM

12 - Rey Maualuga MLB- OFFICAL BAD @$$
18 - Larry English SOLB.
48 - Ron Brace - NT.
79 - Rashad Johnson - FS.
84 - Rashard Jenning- RB
114 - Mitch King - DE.
149 - Stephen McGee - QB.
Rounds 6-7 - ????????

Applause, applause.

Fixed it a little. I like it overall.

no-pseudo-fan
04-15-2009, 12:17 PM
Posters keep trying to over think the 1st round cause of some "fantasy value" ideology. DEN needs help on _efense. So get the players that help right away, and dont worry if hes taken 5 picks too high according to some no talent numbnut analyst. Its really irrelevant when dealing with the massive woes of DEN defense.

I agree. Get the guys that fit the system and will play and help us win this year.

Bronco Boy
04-15-2009, 01:10 PM
I would be extremely upset with this draft.

Carmelo15
04-15-2009, 01:14 PM
Man this is a good mock dont let these haters tell you otherwise. I love all of the picks besides Ron Brace. I jus see bust written all over him. My mock was similar except i had us grabbing Rashad Johnson at 48 since i dont think he'll fall to 79. Then we could draft use that pick to get a guy like Victor "Macho" Harris one of my favorite prospects in this draft. For those you hating on the Moreno pick you're tripping. McDaniels made it clear he won't be opposed to drafting offense. I don't know about you but I dont exactly get excited with having Correll Buckhalter as my starting RB. Moreno, English, and Rashad Johnson are some great picks. Nice mock

Elway777
04-15-2009, 01:45 PM
I think it is a pretty good mock. Bennie Wells and Larry English would be great additions to the Team. English loves to hit people and is so strong. I think English did 36 reps at 225 at the combine. I still prefer Mathews for Nolans system because of Pass coverage and Speed. English only ran a 4.9 at the combine. English would be a better fit in the Steelers scheme. If the Broncos draft Brace in the 2 then I would draft someone else besides Baker in the 3 round. The Broncos already have Fields and Powell at Nt. I really don't care what position the Broncos draft as long as their good value and a quality player.

Kaylore
04-15-2009, 02:21 PM
I could live with this draft. I love Larry English, and maybe it's because of Alex English, but I think Larry should be a Bronco. The RB in the first would only be ok if no one else was available and we couldn't trade down. I don't think Ron Brace will be there that late. I think he'll be gobbled up sooner. I love Mitch King and looks like the McGee thing is purely based on who we worked out. Put Curtis Painter in that spot and you have yourself a decent draft.

Gcver2ver3
04-15-2009, 02:31 PM

Rounds 6-7 - ????????

Applause, applause.

gotta hand it to you...that's a pretty good mock...

Breaker
04-16-2009, 04:47 AM
I stopped reading after a 1st round RB .... anyone who thinks that we should do that has no credibility.

Traveler
04-16-2009, 05:59 AM
Guess I'll give it a shot most folks seem to be doing so.

Broncos 2009 Mock Draft
1a Tyson Jackson-DE
1b Rey Maualuga-ILB
2 Duke Robinson-G
3a Sean Smith-CB
3b Eric Wood-C
4 Rashad Jennings-RB

cmhargrove
04-16-2009, 06:39 AM
I stopped reading after a 1st round RB .... anyone who thinks that we should do that has no credibility.

'splain yourself please, since you have so much "credibility."

You tell me which other positions taken in the first round (outside of RB) have had more rookie success the past few years? With evidence please, Mr. credibility.