PDA

View Full Version : Say we end up with two picks in the top ten in 2010

baja
04-15-2009, 11:30 AM
What would you do with then?

Do you take one of the top QBs or continue to rebuild the Defense.

Is there a sure fire franchise player you would like to have next year.

Consider this a filler thread until the draft gets here.

Where's Plummer???
04-15-2009, 11:34 AM
it depends on how the D does this year. if the team plays well all the free agents we signed will return. so id say we'd go w/ a QB and possibly someone else like Tebow. if we do poorly or the D stuggles then id say go w/ D

Shoemaker
04-15-2009, 11:35 AM
Well, I think it would depend upon what caused us to have that bad of a record.

If Orton/Simms end up not cutting it, then I definitely grab Bradford or McCoy with one of the picks.

If it was the defense again, I've been keeping a close eye on Terrence Cody for the past few years, and the guy looks like he's going to be an absolutely stellar NT and (right now) a for-sure Top 10 pick, so I'd love to see us go after him.

But two picks in the top 10 is going to cost a ton of money, and if we DID happen to have two I'd love to use at least one to trade down and get more picks.

TheDave
04-15-2009, 11:41 AM
If you end up grabing a QB the Cutler trade gets down graded to a 1st and 3rd...

Sorry, but the FO has made their bed and now it's time to lie in it. We hired this kid in part because he was a magician with QB's. Well it's time for him to work his magic with Simms or Orton. These picks need to be used to repair this god aweful defense.

baja
04-15-2009, 11:47 AM
If you end up grabing a QB the Cutler trade gets down graded to a 1st and 3rd...

Sorry, but the FO has made their bed and now it's time to lie in it. We hired this kid in part because he was a magician with QB's. Well it's time for him to work his magic with Simms or Orton. These picks need to be used to repair this god aweful defense.

I'm hoping if Orton or Simms don't work out as starters we can fine a gem in the later rounds and coach him up ala brady or Casell saving the picks for D I'd like to see a top 5 D in Denver. I miss the Orange Crush days.

baja
04-15-2009, 11:50 AM
can you imagine the improvement on D if we hit on this year's picks and hit big on two top ten defensive picks next year. Could be a from last to first story...

Beantown Bronco
04-15-2009, 11:53 AM
Obviously there are other factors in play, but I'd have to think......if we're still picking in the top 10 next year, we really didn't "hit big" on those picks this year.

OBF1
04-15-2009, 11:56 AM
Denver is going 10-6, forget the top 10 draft pick. Next topic please

baja
04-15-2009, 11:56 AM
Obviously there are other factors in play, but I'd have to think......if we're still picking in the top 10 next year, we really didn't "hit big" on those picks this year.

Well we could hit big and still take a year to jell and for the rooks to learn their NFL game and there is that schedule

we were 8 and 8 last year and are picking 12

Gcver2ver3
04-15-2009, 11:57 AM
how do we get 2 top ten picks with us going 13-3?...

explain...

NFLBRONCO
04-15-2009, 11:58 AM
Even if we hit it big in the draft this year we will still have tons of needs in 2010.

Beantown Bronco

explain...

Through a series of trade downs from the #1 pick that Chicago will earn us for going 0-16 this year. :strong:

baja

explain...

we don't.

Are we going 13 and 3?

Beantown Bronco
04-15-2009, 11:59 AM
Well we could hit big and still take a year to jell and for the rooks to learn their NFL game and there is that schedule

we were 8 and 8 last year and are picking 12

You're supposed to start reading before the comma, not afterwards.

Hotrod
04-15-2009, 12:00 PM
I could see us drafting at #1 and #32 next year.

baja
04-15-2009, 12:03 PM
Comma or not you said we can't have both, hitting on the 09 picks and still have our own top ten pick in 2010

Gcver2ver3
04-15-2009, 12:04 PM
Through a series of trade downs from the #1 pick that Chicago will earn us for going 0-16 this year. :strong:

excellent answer...:sunshine:

Gcver2ver3
04-15-2009, 12:05 PM
we don't.

Are we going 13 and 3?

11-5 at the worse...

baja
I could see us drafting at #1 and #32 next year.

we could even trade one of our #1s this year to Detroit for their 1 next year and have picks #1, #2, #3 in 2010

Taco John
Is Baja competing with Where's Plummer now?

We have a draft in 10 days. What's the point of even guessing what are needs will be in 375 days?

baja
04-15-2009, 12:07 PM
11-5 at the worse...

That would be nice.I think 10 wins would get McD coach of the year award.

Hotrod
04-15-2009, 12:07 PM
11-5 at the worse...

That is pretty ballsy after looking at our schedule

baja
04-15-2009, 12:08 PM

We have a draft in 10 days. What's the point of even guessing what are needs will be in 375 days?

Hey I'm trying to pick up the slack around here. You have not come up with one incendiary thread idea in months boss.

baja
04-15-2009, 12:09 PM

Or should we have a Gutless drunk redo.

no-pseudo-fan
04-15-2009, 12:09 PM
two #1 in the top 10 would be a killer, thank god for uncapped year.

Sam Bradford and Taylor Mays would look pretty good in Orange and Blue.

maher_tyler
04-15-2009, 12:10 PM

We need to start looking to replace Champ as well as other DB's...if we have 2 in the top 10, i think we should go after either McCoy or Bradford..unless Orton surprizes everyone.

baja
04-15-2009, 12:11 PM
two #1 in the top 10 would be a killer, thank god for uncapped year.

Sam Bradford and Taylor Mays would look pretty good in Orange and Blue.

Would that be something.

Swedish Extrovert
04-15-2009, 12:11 PM
A thread is a thread.

11-5 or 5-11 is up in the air. The scedule isn't that strong, and we don't know how Orton or McD will work out. (Or Simms, for that matter.)

It all depends on whether Orton is the next Tom Brady, no body, and everything in between.

baja
04-15-2009, 12:12 PM

See this thread is on page two already what would you do without me around here anyway. ;D

Hotrod
04-15-2009, 12:12 PM
A thread is a thread.

11-5 or 5-11 is up in the air. The scedule isn't that strong, and we don't know how Orton or McD will work out. (Or Simms, for that matter.)

It all depends on whether Orton is the next Tom Brady, no body, and everything in between.

If we go 11-5 Baja will eat my hat

baja
04-15-2009, 12:14 PM
If we go 11-5 Baja will eat my hat

Hell ya, you could even leave your head in it.

Beantown Bronco
04-15-2009, 12:15 PM
Comma or not you said we can't have both, hitting on the 09 picks and still have our own top ten pick in 2010

Fine. I'll stick by it, with the injury disclaimer.

Barring any major injuries to key players, there is no way the Broncos should be picking in the top 10 next year (without trading up of course) if they "hit it big" on their top picks this year.

COWBELL
04-15-2009, 12:15 PM
Taylor Mays would be sweet and find QB in later rounds

Gcver2ver3
04-15-2009, 12:18 PM
That is pretty ballsy after looking at our schedule

yea i know...

i know i'm in the large minority, but i have been having a really good feeling about the direction we're going...

plus i think a number of teams on our schedule are frauds...

i see the below teams taking steps backwards this season:

Dallas...Tony Romo = overrated. Roy Willimas < T.O. Defense less effective

Giants...Eli Manning = overrated. No Plax = No playoffs

San Diego...O-line regressing. D-line regressing. LT regressing. Norv Turner.

Redskins...offense = offensive...

I also think we have a punchers chance against Baltimore & NE...

Swedish Extrovert
04-15-2009, 12:18 PM
Sheeet... I'll eat a hat for an 11-5 record. The would mean McD would have done something right and with our youth, we would be Super Bowl contenders next year.

Hotrod
04-15-2009, 12:22 PM
yea i know...

i know i'm in the large minority, but i have been having a really good feeling about the direction we're going...

I also love the direction we are going. I'm on board 100%

That said I think it might be a long painful growing year with alot of little signs of good things to come.

Where's Plummer???
04-15-2009, 12:24 PM

That said I think it might be a long painful growing year with alot of little signs of good things to come.

what kin of **** talkin would go down if its bears and broncs in SB??

Gcver2ver3
04-15-2009, 12:29 PM

you may be right...but i'd have to see it to believe it...

our offense won't miss a beat...this i'm almost certain of...

Marshall won't be suspended long if at all...

Secondary isn't the best, but one of the best already...

Slowik gone = addition by subtraction...

Mike Nolan = addition by addition...

Doom, Champ, DJ, Thomas, Woodyard, & Larsen are all good pieces to have with the addition of our draft picks...our front seven will be competitive...

ST still needs work...

McD is a young mastermind...

add that in with the frauds on our schedule...

11-5 is realistic IMO...

Gcver2ver3
04-15-2009, 12:30 PM
what kin of **** talkin would go down if its bears and broncs in SB??

we'd have #31 and #32 picks in the 1st round...:(

oh well, as long as we beat em i can live with that...

maher_tyler
04-15-2009, 12:41 PM
yea i know...

I like your thinking..but i wouldn't be surprised if we went 8-8 or worse..we just have to many new pieces to think we'll do any better than we did last year..who knows, thats why they play the games..anything can happen!!

Where's Plummer???
04-15-2009, 12:44 PM
I like your thinking..but i wouldn't be surprised if we went 8-8 or worse..we just have to many new pieces to think we'll do any better than we did last year..who knows, thats why they play the games..anything can happen!!

alot of ppl said that the dolphins would take atleast another couple years... and looked what happened.

Kaylore
04-15-2009, 12:52 PM
It's impossible to say. The team will look a lot different at the end of the year.

Gcver2ver3
04-15-2009, 12:56 PM

yes a lot of new pieces, but in spots we need such vast improvement that the change can only get better...with Cutler being an exception...

but our defense was bad on a historic/legendary level...the effect of the "new man enthusiasm" ceases to amaze me...our defense will most certainly be better...

our offense only placed in the middle of the pack in terms of points...with our line, receivers, scheme, and yes Orton...we will at least match our points outcome...teams started to figure our offense out after the first few games...

like i said, i know most will disagree, but i see a division crown for us...mainly because i see SD,KC, and Oakland sucking it up...

Ramathorn
04-15-2009, 12:59 PM
Grab Brandon spikes from florida,whatever the cost. HE is a BEAST!

baja
04-15-2009, 01:21 PM
It's impossible to say. The team will look a lot different at the end of the year.

Of course this is true but just for fun and because there isn't going to be squat to talk about until the draft who would be your dream players if Orton/Simms does OK and we still need a couple of studs on D?

footstepsfrom#27
04-15-2009, 01:48 PM
I figure the Bears pick is going to be around 23-28 neighborhood so I doubt this happens. If it does, predicting ahead I'd say Bradford should be the target. On the off chance Orton becomes the next Brady, we go ahead and solidify the defense...obviously.

footstepsfrom#27
04-15-2009, 02:06 PM
alot of ppl said that the dolphins would take atleast another couple years... and looked what happened.
What is it you think happened? Sure they went from last to first...in this league they could just as easily fall back to last again. Why? QB...that's why. This is ultimatley a quarterback's league. Pennington had a nice year...but it was also a near career year for him. Only in 2002 has he ever played the way he did last year, and on top of that he's 33 years old and certainly not a long term answer. Can he duplicate that again? Who knows...but he's not going to be mentioned alongside the great ones who do it every year. Miami could do what the Bears did. In 2001 they followed 5 straight losing seasons by going 13-3...the next year it was back to 4-12...the first of 3 straight sub .500 records before they made the playoffs again. Even the Ravens with their historically strong defense, have had three losing seasons since they won the Superbowl.

Having (and keeping) a great QB would be my preference in the next draft if the opportunities available.

cutthemdown
04-15-2009, 02:14 PM
You can't say yet. If Moss, Crowder develop it changes everything.

Broncos if they don't find a young center this yr, will need one next yr, unless Lichtenwhateverhisnameis works out. Or maybe Hamilton and now we need a guard as well.

Then there is all this yrs draft picks. If they stink we may have to re-draft those positions again. If we hit on a few then maybe not.

Orton plays well and wins maybe he stays Broncos qb a few yrs. Or maybe Orton a joke and won't even start whole year in Denver this yr.

2010 seems a long ways away IMO.

baja
04-15-2009, 02:22 PM
You can't say yet. If Moss, Crowder develop it changes everything.

Broncos if they don't find a young center this yr, will need one next yr, unless Lichtenwhateverhisnameis works out. Or maybe Hamilton and now we need a guard as well.

Then there is all this yrs draft picks. If they stink we may have to re-draft those positions again. If we hit on a few then maybe not.

Orton plays well and wins maybe he stays Broncos qb a few yrs. Or maybe Orton a joke and won't even start whole year in Denver this yr.

<b>2010 seems a long ways away IMO.

Well there is not much going on for the next ten days

Rock Chalk
04-15-2009, 03:10 PM

Take one of Bradford or McCoy and the other on defense.

Pretty ****ing simple.

ohiobronco2
04-15-2009, 03:12 PM
Carlos Dunlap DE from FL or McCoy from Oklahoma, both were unstoppable in that game. Dunlap has Mario Williams like measureables.

baja
04-15-2009, 03:14 PM
Take one of Bradford or McCoy and the other on defense.

Pretty ****ing simple.

What if Orton or Simms plays lights out this year.

cutthemdown
04-15-2009, 03:20 PM
Well there is not much going on for the next ten days

you could plant some seeds or roundup a few more generators. When you make a generator that will run on seeds, or seeds that will grow a generator, then call me and we will talk.

baja
04-15-2009, 03:24 PM
you could plant some seeds or roundup a few more generators. When you make a generator that will run on seeds, or seeds that will grow a generator, then call me and we will talk.

Generators run on fossil fuels so I don't have any use for them.

SoDak Bronco
04-15-2009, 03:28 PM
i personally think McCoy sucks and is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy overhyped

Paladin
04-15-2009, 05:09 PM
Now that was unexpected.....