PDA

View Full Version : Doing all the right things, the Curry way

gyldenlove
04-15-2009, 10:30 AM
Is it me or is Aaron Curry a guy who is doing all the right things and saying all the right things?

He has invited a kid who is recovering from a bad case of Leukimia to the draft with him.

If there has ever been a guy who could be a captain as a rookie it is this guy, we already know he is a rare talent on the field, a leader on the field and in the locker room and an all around good guy. If by some miracle we wound up trading up and drafting him, he would probably be the best defenseman we have from day 1, he is a guy you build a unit around.

rugbythug
04-15-2009, 10:34 AM
Is it me or is Aaron Curry a guy who is doing all the right things and saying all the right things?

He has invited a kid who is recovering from a bad case of Leukimia to the draft with him.

If there has ever been a guy who could be a captain as a rookie it is this guy, we already know he is a rare talent on the field, a leader on the field and in the locker room and an all around good guy. If by some miracle we wound up trading up and drafting him, he would probably be the best defenseman we have from day 1, he is a guy you build a unit around.

What would be his best position? And what does he do Great?

socalorado
04-15-2009, 10:44 AM

Aaron Curry could play ANY position on this horrid defense, and it would be an upgrade.
Dude is a beast.

Pros: Outstanding football IQ. Versatility to play all 3 linebacker positions. Sound fundamentals and excellent tackler. Can shed blocks effectively and gets from sideline to sideline in pursuit better than most at his position. Plays both the pass and run with equal effectiveness. Neutralizes tight-ends and fullbacks coming out on pass routes. Recorded multiple interceptions every year as a starter including returning some for touchdowns. Top notch field general who is very rarely out of position and consistently makes plays at a high skill level.
Cons: Anything listed here is a reach. Doesn't possess burner speed or freakish upper-body strength but on the field he is solid.

gyldenlove
04-15-2009, 11:26 AM

SOLB.

He is very fluid in coverage and has running back speed (in fact his 40 time would have been top 10 among RBs and was faster than quite a few WRs), he has excellent hands, his football IQ and instincts are through the roof and he is a leader, he has a highreving engine that just keeps going.

The only knock anyone has on him is that he is not great on blitzes, and it is true he wasn't asked to blitz that often at WF, but I think give him a few months to work on it and he will be outstanding at that too.

I would say right now, there are maybe 20 LBs in the NFL who are better than him and that number I think will shrink rappidly.

rugbythug
04-15-2009, 11:33 AM
OK Sounds Good.

SOLB and NT are the 2 positions we are the weakest at IMO. Although I am intrigued with how Carlton Powell would look at NT. I was thinking Mathews was our best bet for SOLB.

He needs to fall out of the Top 5 IMO for the value to work out. SOLB is not a big money position you hate to make him the highest Paid guy in the NFL as a Rook.

gyldenlove
04-15-2009, 11:57 AM
OK Sounds Good.

SOLB and NT are the 2 positions we are the weakest at IMO. Although I am intrigued with how Carlton Powell would look at NT. I was thinking Mathews was our best bet for SOLB.

He needs to fall out of the Top 5 IMO for the value to work out. SOLB is not a big money position you hate to make him the highest Paid guy in the NFL as a Rook.

Absolutely true, picking him in the top 5 is going to be dicey for the money cost and because LB while being an impact position is in general not the most important position on the defense.

RocBronc
04-15-2009, 12:37 PM
Curry is the only guy worth trading up in this draft for and I agree that unless he drops out of the top 5 picks it would be too expensive.