PDA

View Full Version : OT: Getting married and scheduling it around a Denver homegame

El Guapo
04-15-2009, 06:32 AM
Alright guys, I know I'm not the biggest poster around here. I tend to lurk, throw in my two cents and then run off. :rofl: Anyway, I proposed to my g/f of 5 years 2 weeks ago. !Booya! We grew up in El Paso, TX. She's there currently getting her masters while I reside in Dallas. I'm a lifelong Broncos fan and made her a fan too as I took her a few years back to the season opener vs KC. She got the full experience as we even met and took pics with Barrel Man pre-game.

Ok, so we've been waiting for the schedule to come out so we could schedule our marriage around the Dallas @ Denver game (our fathers are huuge cowboys fans. boooo). So we're making arrangements today to ink a deal for a red rocks marriage with the next day being nothing but Broncos! Now I called the ticket office and they have suites available, but the cheapest they have is $10,000. zowie! So I've been looking around the ticket auction sites and the most I can find is 16 seats together (we'd probably need 20 MAX). Is there a more efficient way of going about this?

Also, most of our friends/family that will be able to attend are already married. Ive got this hair brain idea to ask the Broncos if they could gather all the single people (or a group of them) on the field at halftime so she could throw her bouquet out to them. Do you think I could arrange something like this? Anyone have experience with the organization in this manner? I think it would be neat/unique.

Thanks! :notworthy GO BRONCOS! :gobroncos

Man-Goblin
04-15-2009, 06:46 AM
Bleh, I'm getting married Sept. 20th. And wouldn't you know it; right smack in the middle of the Browns game. I knew it was too much to ask for the schedule makers to give me an east coast or monday night game that week.

worm
04-15-2009, 07:35 AM
My condolences to both of you.

ak1971
04-15-2009, 08:17 AM
I got married the weekend of the chiefs game a few years back. (probably that game you mentioned) Coincidentally, wehad our reception in the hotel the chiefs were staying at. Discoman and I went down and hassled them a bit. I was way too dead to go to the game the next day, so you should probably take that into consideration when planning. good luck

Sassy
04-15-2009, 08:26 AM
I got married the weekend of the chiefs game a few years back. (probably that game you mentioned) Coincidentally, wehad our reception in the hotel the chiefs were staying at. Discoman and I went down and hassled them a bit. I was way too dead to go to the game the next day, so you should probably take that into consideration when planning. good luck

Good idea. Get married on that Friday...

broncofan2438
04-15-2009, 08:28 AM
Congrats! Im getting married next month(may 23rd). Wanted to schedule it around football time....but figured I would be to involved in Bronco stuff and might not make it to the wedding! Good luck with that though.....suites are expensive

Los Broncos
04-15-2009, 11:18 AM
I was almost married in Denver once after October fest one year.

bronco militia
04-15-2009, 11:37 AM
run off somewhere and elope

Man-Goblin
04-15-2009, 11:39 AM

That's what the Girl-Goblin and I wanted, but our families won't let us.

broncosteven
04-15-2009, 11:42 AM
Also, most of our friends/family that will be able to attend are already married. Ive got this hair brain idea to ask the Broncos if they could gather all the single people (or a group of them) on the field at halftime so she could throw her bouquet out to them. Do you think I could arrange something like this? Anyone have experience with the organization in this manner? I think it would be neat/unique.

Good luck with that.

If you got married later in the year you might have the whole stadium to yourselves.

Dendave
04-15-2009, 11:50 AM
I got married two years ago, we picked the date before the schedule came out and our wedding fell on the bye week, I had everyone asking at the wedding if I had connections with the league on scheduling. The irony is that I have Lion season tickets (I know, I hear it all the time) and they were on the bye as well.

ElwayMD
04-15-2009, 12:46 PM
That's why you get married in the summer. It doesn't get in the way of important things like a Broncos game :) My wife would love to see this post.

broncosteven
04-15-2009, 12:50 PM
That's why you get married in the summer. It doesn't get in the way of important things like a Broncos game :) My wife would love to see this post.

No ****, It took my wife about 6 -7 years before she understood I wanted to watch football 16 times a season and hopefully some playoff games.

She knows better now as do my in-laws.

smalltowngrll
04-15-2009, 01:01 PM
Haven't you guys learned by now that planning a wedding during football season is a no no? ;D

Seriously, though. The broncos would probably charge you an arm and a leg to do anything on the field during halftime of a game. They charge to put the little messages on the jumbotron. But, it wouldn't hurt to look into it.

As AK said, keep in mind about the prep and energy that actually goes into the day of the wedding! You are so wired up about that day (and often times the drinking, too) will take a toll on you.

Congrats on getting married!! :sunshine:

Sassy
04-15-2009, 01:03 PM
No ****, It took my wife about 6 -7 years before she understood I wanted to watch football 16 times a season and hopefully some playoff games.

She knows better now as do my in-laws.

You guys never learn...should have married a Bronco fan! (Or at least a football fan!) ;)

broncosteven
04-15-2009, 01:07 PM
You guys never learn...should have married a Bronco fan! (Or at least a football fan!) ;)

I was desperate.

ElwayMD
04-15-2009, 01:09 PM

I tried the best I could, she's a Steelers fan so this season is going to have at least one weekend where we end it by not talking to each other for a day or two.

Drunk Monkey
04-15-2009, 01:09 PM

I am getting married in July, eloping is the best advise that I never took. Like I care what the damm invitation looks like, I mean if she ask I care but really who cares.

ElwayMD
04-15-2009, 01:12 PM
I am getting married in July, eloping is the best advise that I never took. Like I care what the damm invitation looks like, I mean if she ask I care but really who cares.

Your fiance who has dreamed of her wedding day since she was 10 cares. If momma ain't happy ain't no one happy, so let her have her day to remember and you'll be a happy person at the end of it.

Kaylore
That's what the Girl-Goblin and I wanted, but our families won't let us.

Don't elope. Get as many presents as you can.

We got married during the playoffs and did everything Friday night. Friday/Saturdays are good days to do it.

bronco militia

LOL...the trick is finding a woman that would agree

Kaylore
04-15-2009, 01:14 PM

Again, it's about getting as many presents as you can. You fools don't realize until you're married, but you'll need spice racks, pots, pans, Worcestershire sauce, a flat screen TV, stereo equipment - The more people that come the more presents you get.

El Guapo
04-15-2009, 01:20 PM

What if I told you it was HER idea! I wouldn't dare bring it up, but I was thrilled. I've got a keeper. :approve:

ElwayMD
04-15-2009, 01:23 PM
Again, it's about getting as many presents as you can. You fools don't realize until you're married, but you'll need spice racks, pots, pans, Worcestershire sauce, a flat screen TV, stereo equipment - The more people that come the more presents you get.

Especially Worcestershire sauce...that's the money present right there ^5

Drunk Monkey
04-15-2009, 01:27 PM
Your fiance who has dreamed of her wedding day since she was 10 cares. If momma ain't happy ain't no one happy, so let her have her day to remember and you'll be a happy person at the end of it.

Which is why I am trying/pretending to care. But as hard as I try I just can't seam to get excited about a satin bow on white or off white triple fold bla bla bla bla. But I am trying..... I was very vocal when it got to the booze portion of the discussion.

DrFate
04-15-2009, 01:29 PM
Simple

Don't

Drunk Monkey
04-15-2009, 01:29 PM
LOL...the trick is finding a woman that would agree

She gave in on the play boy subscription It's here to stay!!! I guess I can give on invitations.

footstepsfrom#27
04-15-2009, 02:17 PM
That is a hair brained idea.

TIVO the game and go on your freaking honeymoon.

bronco militia
04-15-2009, 02:19 PM
She gave in on the play boy subscription It's here to stay!!! I guess I can give on invitations.

LOL

SouthStndJunkie
04-15-2009, 02:24 PM
I got married in Jamaica and it was low stress and no pressure.

I got baked and took a nap and woke up 30 minutes before the ceremony....talk about laid back and enjoyable.

When we got back, we still had an informal laid back reception.

I would not change a thing....there were no details to sweat at all.

Rock Chalk
04-15-2009, 02:27 PM
Alright guys, I know I'm not the biggest poster around here. I tend to lurk, throw in my two cents and then run off. :rofl: Anyway, I proposed to my g/f of 5 years 2 weeks ago. !Booya! We grew up in El Paso, TX. She's there currently getting her masters while I reside in Dallas. I'm a lifelong Broncos fan and made her a fan too as I took her a few years back to the season opener vs KC. She got the full experience as we even met and took pics with Barrel Man pre-game.

Ok, so we've been waiting for the schedule to come out so we could schedule our marriage around the Dallas @ Denver game (our fathers are huuge cowboys fans. boooo). So we're making arrangements today to ink a deal for a red rocks marriage with the next day being nothing but Broncos! Now I called the ticket office and they have suites available, but the cheapest they have is $10,000. zowie! So I've been looking around the ticket auction sites and the most I can find is 16 seats together (we'd probably need 20 MAX). Is there a more efficient way of going about this?

See, I was smart.

I got married in the offseason.

To make matters better (and easier on my recollection) I decided to get married on Cinco de Mayo so I wouldnt forget the anniversary.

Made that mexican holiday my own by god.

El Guapo
04-15-2009, 06:02 PM
That is a hair brained idea.

TIVO the game and go on your freaking honeymoon.

Ha! We're actually planning on going to Ireland for the honeymoon. It'll be for two weeks after the wedding.

So far it's pretty low stress. We're only having close family and mutual friends (out of the ones that can make it since they live in El Paso and Dallas). The place we have secured at red rocks pretty much does everything for you for one flat fee. Doesn't seem too ridiculous (yet) and the fiance doesn't want it to be. :approve:

broncosteven
04-15-2009, 07:25 PM
See, I was smart.

I got married in the offseason.

To make matters better (and easier on my recollection) I decided to get married on Cinco de Mayo so I wouldnt forget the anniversary.

Made that mexican holiday my own by god.

Got my Anniversary engraved in my wedding ring. All I got to do when I am pannicked about missing the date is take off the ring and check.

Steve Prefontaine
04-15-2009, 08:52 PM
I got married last September 13th, the day before that epic Broncos/Chargers shootout...**** Jay was awesome that game.

We stayed a few nights at the resort where we had the reception, and the plan was to watch the game at the resort the next day. Unfortunately right before kickoff we found out they didn't have the game, so my wife insisted that we drive the closest bar about 30 minutes away. Yes, she is awesome. By the time we walked in the (dive) bar the Broncos were up around 21-0. I just remember us talking and saying how good the offense would be for years to come. Haha. That lasted a year.

What an epic game though. Even my wife said that game was the best wedding present we received.

El Guapo
06-08-2009, 06:17 AM
Just purchased our tickets on Saturday for the game! We were hoping to sit closer, but because wedding costs were racking up we chose to go a little cheaper (cheaper as in $250 a piece, ouch). We'll be in section 510 row 8 to watch the cowboys get defeated! CANT WAIT!!! :yayaya:

smalltowngrll
06-09-2009, 07:18 AM
Are you telling me you paid $250 a ticket for a seat in the uppers? Seriously?

TailgateNut
06-09-2009, 07:21 AM
Just purchased our tickets on Saturday for the game! We were hoping to sit closer, but because wedding costs were racking up we chose to go a little cheaper (cheaper as in $250 a piece, ouch). We'll be in section 510 row 8 to watch the cowboys get defeated! CANT WAIT!!! :yayaya:

Damn Skippy. I would've sold ya mine in the uppers for 1/3 of that or less.
Check on the mane first.

El Guapo
06-09-2009, 11:16 AM
frak. That's frustrating to hear. Would I just post up that question in the general discussion? I still need a few tix. . .

Meck77
06-09-2009, 11:35 AM
Ouch dude. You could have posted that story in the "conned" thread. Cowboys fans travel big time but I'd be shocked if you couldn't find upper level tickets for face value or 10 bucks more a piece this season. Especially if we drop a couple games before Oct.

Good luck with the wedding.

Irish Stout
06-09-2009, 12:41 PM
fack. That's frustrating to hear. Would I just post up that question in the general discussion? I still need a few tix. . .

Dude, the tickets for the season haven't been released yet. When they are there will also be a lot of tickets available via ticketmaster or the Denver Broncos for full and half price throughout the Stadium. Typically this happens in July.

What you really need to do is hold your horses and not be too anxious to buy your tickets yet. Wait until the half price ones become available and see if you can get any that way or post a request in the ticket section here on the omane (under tailgating). Trust me on this, you'll never have a problem getting tickets to a game if you're willing to pay slightly over face. I sat on the first level for several games the last few years for much much cheaper than what you paid.

Craigslist Denver is also a good place to look.

El Guapo
06-09-2009, 01:49 PM
Hopefully I can sell them on ebay, but yes I am needing more tickets.

ol number 7
06-09-2009, 03:25 PM
Ha! We're actually planning on going to Ireland for the honeymoon. It'll be for two weeks after the wedding.

So far it's pretty low stress. We're only having close family and mutual friends (out of the ones that can make it since they live in El Paso and Dallas). The place we have secured at red rocks pretty much does everything for you for one flat fee. Doesn't seem too ridiculous (yet) and the fiance doesn't want it to be. :approve:

We got married in St. Louis on a Friday and drove to KC the next day. Stayed by the Broncos hotel. Met Shanahan on Sunday morning outside the hotel coffee shop and told him about the wedding. He congratulated both of us and gave my wife a big hug. He said they wouldn't disappoint us. That was the day Shannon Sharpe had over 200 yards and a couple TDs.
Went to Puerto Rico the next day. Tried to find the Broncos Pats game the next Sunday and nobody there had any idea where I could even find a football game on TV.
Just by chance the CBS game of the week was Denver at New England. Got a pizza and a case of beer and stayed in the hotel room watching the ocean waves roll in from our window and the Broncos roll over the Pats. That was in 2001. Couldn't have worked out better. Oh yea, had a Bronco helmet grooms cake at the reception and wore my Broncos lapel pin on my tux. Orange flowers for the wedding (of course) !!

smalltowngrll
06-09-2009, 06:45 PM
A good place on the mane to check is in the Tailgate forum. There is a thread there specifically for tickets. It's for those who have extras and those looking for extras. And, I think single game tickets go on sale here in a few weeks. Or, maybe it's July. HEck, I used to be up on all those dates! Anyway, find out when single game tix go on sale and be there on ticketmaster exactly when. You'll get something. Only look for 2 tix at a time.

Oh, and by the way, many of the games last season had tix available a week or so before the game. And, always give the half price tix a try, too. You never know.