PDA

View Full Version : Firefox and browsing the Mane

rugbythug
04-14-2009, 01:55 PM
I am not sure why this is but Firefox keeps me logged out of the mane. Every time I come here I have to log back in. What is wrong with my settings? Yes Cookies enabled, to keep until they expire.

I do have foxmarks installed if that makes any difference.

Conklin
04-14-2009, 02:02 PM
I am not sure why this is but Firefox keeps me logged out of the mane. Every time I come here I have to log back in. What is wrong with my settings? Yes Cookies enabled, to keep until they expire.

i've got the same problem

HILife
04-14-2009, 02:07 PM

Try checking the box that says "remember me" before you log in. It should create a http://pixiestixkidspix.files.wordpress.com/2007/08/cookie-bite-web.jpgon your computer to remember you.

rugbythug
04-14-2009, 02:15 PM
Try checking the box that says "remember me" before you log in. It should create a http://pixiestixkidspix.files.wordpress.com/2007/08/cookie-bite-web.jpgon your computer to remember you.

it no worky

Taco John
04-14-2009, 02:15 PM
I'll do some research into the issue and see what I can come up with.

Taco John
04-14-2009, 02:16 PM
Hmmm... I haven't been able to duplicate the issue in Firefox yet. My cookie seemed to have worked for me, and I haven't logged into the Mane using firefox for a couple weeks...

Taco John
04-14-2009, 02:17 PM
What version of Firefox are you using? I'm using 3.0.8

Garcia Bronco
04-14-2009, 02:17 PM
I'll do some research into the issue and see what I can come up with.

When does your cookie expire?

LordHelmchen
04-14-2009, 02:18 PM
are you sure you open the mane with www. in front? it happens to me when I go here without the www.

Taco John
04-14-2009, 02:26 PM
Hmmm.. the best I've been able to find so far is that somehow you've got a cookie that is corrupted and needs to be deleted and reset.

DeuceOfClub
04-14-2009, 02:29 PM
I've been using Firefox since version 1.X (now using 3.1 Beta 3) and never had issues when "coming back"

The only issue I have (since 3.0 was introduced) is when redirected to another thread (or post) through an in-post link I will be promoted to log-in again in the new window (or tab) although I'm still logged-in in the original window (or Tab).

24champ
04-14-2009, 02:29 PM
For what it's worth, I have the latest firefox...everything is working for me just fine.

SouthStndJunkie
04-14-2009, 02:34 PM
I use Firefox 3.0.8 and have had no issues.

Ratboy
04-14-2009, 02:40 PM
Everything is fine on my end.

my guess? I am guessing PEBKAC.

Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair

TheElusiveKyleOrton
04-14-2009, 02:44 PM
I use FF every time I come to the Mane. Have not had any problems.

baja
04-14-2009, 02:44 PM
I've been using Firefox since version 1.X (now using 3.1 Beta 3) and never had issues when "coming back"

The only issue I have (since 3.0 was introduced) is when redirected to another thread (or post) through an in-post link I will be promoted to log-in again in the new window (or tab) although I'm still logged-in in the original window (or Tab).

I get that too and I'm using Safari.

chickennob2
04-14-2009, 03:21 PM
hmm, I haven't logged in in... months? I don't remember my password. I'm using firefox. Weird.

colonelbeef
04-14-2009, 03:34 PM
same here, firefox not remembering my password

HILife
04-14-2009, 03:58 PM
Maybe this is it. Go to Tools--Options--click on the tab that says "Privacy." At the bottom where it says "Private Data" make sure the box that says "Always clear my private data when I close firefox." is NOT checked. Hope that helps.

Broncobiv
04-14-2009, 05:09 PM
Is it just the Mane that logs you out every time, or other websites that you have saved usernames/passwords also?

Rock Chalk
04-14-2009, 05:18 PM

Your first problem is that you are using cookies.

Cookies are the bane of the internet. You should not be using the remember me function, ever, on any site.

Second, Firefox really does suck. Its so overrated. Opera and Safari for PC are much better options if you are that anti-MS (though IE 8 really is a huge step forward for the IE platform). As a developer I have to use them all, including that piece of **** Chrome and in my experience, Opera is probably the best of the bunch. Firefox is absolute garbage though.

SureShot
04-14-2009, 05:23 PM
1D10T error is my guess.

loborugger
04-14-2009, 05:29 PM
I use firefox exclusively at home without a problem.

Rock Chalk
04-14-2009, 05:29 PM
1D10T error is my guess.

More commonly referred to as the PEBK error in IT circles. (Problem Exists Behind Keyboard)

rugbythug
04-14-2009, 07:03 PM
Well thanks for all the love guys. I am fairly web savvy. The website I run generates around 400-500 thousand dollars in yearly sales. (not mine) It is not a cookie issue I don't think. I think it is a Fox_Marks add on issue. I can't live with out fox_marks though so I am not sure what to do.

Just a pain.

Taco John
04-14-2009, 07:10 PM
Well thanks for all the love guys. I am fairly web savvy. The website I run generates around 400-500 thousand dollars in yearly sales. (not mine) It is not a cookie issue I don't think. I think it is a Fox_Marks add on issue. I can't live with out fox_marks though so I am not sure what to do.

Just a pain.

Did you try deleting the cookie that the OrangeMane sets? Try that, close your browser and give it another try.

rugbythug
04-14-2009, 07:41 PM
Deleted Cookies, Close, Reopen sign in. Close. Must sign in again.

Version 3.0.8

Site has not always done this it used to work properly. Now it does not. And not just here. It is everywhere.

Add-on installed.
Fox-Marks
Web-Mail Notifier
Web Developer

Los Broncos
04-14-2009, 07:43 PM
I tweaked FF to run much faster, need it sometimes on here with all the traffic.

Taco John
04-14-2009, 08:07 PM
Deleted Cookies, Close, Reopen sign in. Close. Must sign in again.

Version 3.0.8

Site has not always done this it used to work properly. Now it does not. And not just here. It is everywhere.

Add-on installed.
Fox-Marks
Web-Mail Notifier
Web Developer

You should check out the Mozilla support forums. They might be able to help you with the issue. I haven't made any upgrades to the forum software yet, so it can't be anything that I've done. I wish there was more I could do for you.

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewforum.php?f=38

Broncobiv
04-15-2009, 08:15 PM
Try the info in this thread on the Mozilla support site:

http://support.mozilla.com/tiki-view_forum_thread.php?locale=eu&comments_parentId=313835&forumId=1

Basically, the first thing it said to try was this:

"A likely cause is the file that stores cookies may be corrupt. To test this close Firefox, go to your profile folder and rename cookies.sqlite to cookies.tmp. Restart Firefox, log into those sites and then see if it remembers the logins."

EDIT: Type this in your "Run" command in the Start menu to get to your profile folder:

%APPDATA%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\

alkemical
04-15-2009, 09:54 PM

Just a pain.

Backup your data for your firefox profile -

Uninstall firefox - run CCLEANER - do the registry clean function (you can do the PC cleanup if you want) - reinstall - reimport your stuff -

alkemical
04-15-2009, 09:59 PM
i had some goofy issue with the fox a few weeks ago - and it was after i installed the cooliris package (not the cooliris previews) - then i lost my ability to cut/paste - i did the steps i did above - (removing the "failed" package - i have not reinstalled it is cool - but f it) - and my issue is resolved.