PDA

View Full Version : OT: Anyone seen JCVD ?

garandman
04-14-2009, 09:47 AM
Many of you are probably going, "What is JCVD?", I happended to stumble upon it at the video store. It is the latest JeanClaude Van Damme, straight to video movies (Yes he is still alive), and it has kind of a strange premise, he plays himself in the movie as who he really is a washed up, penniless, used up former action movie hero who happens to get involved in a bank robbery.

While at first glance this seems stupid, most reviews I have read says it is as good as the wrestler, so I am going to give it a try, anyone had the chance yet?

no-pseudo-fan
04-14-2009, 09:50 AM
JCVD=The Black Drip

Let me know how it is.

Doggcow
04-14-2009, 09:53 AM
Jay Cutler Venearial Disease?

bronco_diesel
04-14-2009, 10:10 AM
Many of you are probably going, "What is JCVD?", I happended to stumble upon it at the video store. It is the latest JeanClaude Van Damme, straight to video movies (Yes he is still alive), and it has kind of a strange premise, he plays himself in the movie as who he really is a washed up, penniless, used up former action movie hero who happens to get involved in a bank robbery.

While at first glance this seems stupid, most reviews I have read says it is as good as the wrestler, so I am going to give it a try, anyone had the chance yet?

I watched the first 30-40 minutes. A little slow moving but looked promising. It is subtitled which may or may not bother the viewer.

I would like to have finished it, but the wife was not that into it, and I never had the time to rewatch after that.

SonOfLe-loLang
04-14-2009, 10:15 AM
I saw it. That dude had a lot to get off his chest.

mr007
04-14-2009, 11:35 AM
I saw it and I thought it was pretty good. It's slow but still a good movie.

TheManeMan
04-14-2009, 01:56 PM
It wasnt a straight to video movie, it was released in the theatres first.

Beantown Bronco
04-14-2009, 01:59 PM
I'm more interested in his next movie which just finished filming called The Eagle Path. One of Beantown's official laminated list chicks, Claudia Bassols, co-stars. :wiggle:

sisterhellfyre
04-14-2009, 02:18 PM
Many of you are probably going, "What is JCVD?", I happended to stumble upon it at the video store.

Jeez, it's been so long since I heard anything about him, I'd just about forgotten about Jean-Claude. When I read the post title, I thought at first you meant "Jesus Christ, Vampire Hunter" but then realized the initials were wrong.

(Yes, JCVH is a real movie, an indie film from Canada. It's a comedy-musical about Jesus coming back to hunt vampires. Wonderfully tacky film, with some of the very worst fight scenes ever recorded on film. If you like B-movies, I'd highly recommend it.)

OABB
04-14-2009, 03:14 PM
I loved this movie....It is a euro-art film, but really touching and pretty funny in some parts.

there is one scene in particular that will jump out as bizzare, but keep an open mind and I think you will enjoy.

garandman
04-14-2009, 03:26 PM
Watched it, thought it was very good not a Hollywood production by any means but refreshing.. Someone mentioned it was released in theatres but I have not heard of any of his movies been released in theatres or at least mainstream. I think we are going to see a comeback from him, he looks haggard in this one but still has the moves and I always thought he was a second rate martial artist but I think I respect him more now that he explains how karate has helped him throughout his life, mentally and physically...

Go see it...Or should I say go rent it...

OABB
04-14-2009, 03:39 PM
the opening shot is really awesome too.