PDA

View Full Version : Kicking game Questions

broncosteven
04-13-2009, 08:38 PM
Anyone hear what they are going to do about FG and Punter?

Is Prater the answer or could they be considering drafting a FG kicker in day 2?

I thought the punter was serviceable what ever his name is.

Considering we are rebuilding with a 1st time HC and new QB a lot of games may come down to a FG.

Maybe McBonerpart will do what he did with NE in 2007 and go for it on 4th down in the redzone whether we are up 45-3 or down 20-21?

Thoughts?

Florida_Bronco
04-13-2009, 08:44 PM
Kern seems to have the punter spot locked down.

They will probably bring in some competition for Prater but I suspect he'll stick around in 2009.

cutthemdown
04-13-2009, 08:59 PM
I heard Broncos think Prater can work through his problems and like his leg.

He hit some long FG to start yr, tailed off, struggled at certain shorter ranges, but IMO is worth looking at another yr. I doubt Broncos season comes down to his leg, he will make enough for the team to have a good chance.

I wouldn't be surprised to see them bring in a rookie FA to look at, or a kicker from some other teams camp that gets cut etc etc.

Pony Boy
04-13-2009, 09:07 PM
Not sure about the Kickers but we have an "all pro" long snapper.

PaintballCLE
04-13-2009, 09:22 PM
Anyone hear what they are going to do about FG and Punter?

Is Prater the answer or could they be considering drafting a FG kicker in day 2?

I thought the punter was serviceable what ever his name is.

Considering we are rebuilding with a 1st time HC and new QB a lot of games may come down to a FG.

Maybe McBonerpart will do what he did with NE in 2007 and go for it on 4th down in the redzone whether we are up 45-3 or down 20-21?

Thoughts?

The punter is the best player on the team........Brett Kern!

TheChamp24
04-13-2009, 09:46 PM
IMO, we are fine with Prater and Kern for the time being. Kind of funny how many people riled up on Prater last year when he was just as good as Elam was in his rookie year.