PDA

View Full Version : Lombardi says Tony G has cleaned out his locker.

crazyhorse
04-13-2009, 07:42 PM
In anticipation of a trade to the Falcons for thier #55.

If true, I dont particularly care for the trade. But what can you do? The guy is at the end of his carreer. But will be hard to replace.

You might be rid of Tont G.

Discuss.

Taco John
04-13-2009, 07:43 PM
What a baby. You guys are lucky you're losing him with an attitude like that.

FADERPROOF
04-13-2009, 07:44 PM

Sounds rather familiar...

broncofan7
04-13-2009, 07:44 PM
He's a class act that wants to catch passes from a REAL QB! ;)

dreasher54
04-13-2009, 07:51 PM
I Wouldnt neccisarly call him a baby because he has been one of the rather more players kids should look up to although i do agree he shouldnt clean out his locker but who can blame him. At end of carrer hall of famer maby he can get a super bowl.

Florida_Bronco
04-13-2009, 07:55 PM

After the way the Chiefs have treated him over the years, I can't blame em.

azbroncfan
04-13-2009, 07:56 PM
That would be a good trade for the Chefs. He only has a year or two left and won't be around if they get the ship righted.

crazyhorse
04-13-2009, 08:02 PM
After the way the Chiefs have treated him over the years, I can't blame em.

You mean paying him at the highest level? Making him the #1 option in the offense his whole carreer. He's paid a major price to get into the Hall of Fame.

tsiguy96
04-13-2009, 08:03 PM
good for him, he deserves the chance to be competitive for once in his life.

crazyhorse
04-13-2009, 08:04 PM

What attitude?

It's not like his dads on the way with his playbook or nothin'. :)

crazyhorse
04-13-2009, 08:05 PM

Did I mention it's Atlanta?

broncosteven
I Wouldnt neccisarly call him a baby because he has been one of the rather more players kids should look up to although i do agree he shouldnt clean out his locker but who can blame him. At end of carrer hall of famer maby he can get a super bowl.

There is no such thing as a true team leader in football anymore.

People like John Lynch talk about how they lead by example on and off the field but when they don't like a situation or want something other than what the team can give them they pull this ****.

People bash Cutler for less but let the "team leader/class acts" pull this **** because they "earned it"?

What is a kid supposed to think if he sees Multi-year Pro-bowlers act like this?

BABronco
Well if its true Im rooting for the Falcons next year as my NFC team. They should be fun to watch anyways.

broncosteven
04-13-2009, 08:06 PM

But Cutler is a punk Crybaby?

You are a two faced fool.

BABronco

Didnt they just make the playoffs with a rookie qb?

crazyhorse

I say he's cleaned out his locker because he knows he's on his way to Atlanta. Not because he's throwing a fit.

crazyhorse
04-13-2009, 08:07 PM
Didnt they just make the playoffs with a rookie qb?

Yeah they did. But I still dont see Atlanta as "a team to beat". Even with Gonzo.

broncofan7
04-13-2009, 08:10 PM

Hey Atlanta has some fine A$$ Black chicks to bang on the side ;) Oh, and the better QB, the better defense and ST's. So what exactly is TG losing by leaving KC?

On a side note-- a friend of mine's cousin is Stephen Jackson of the Golden state warriors and he told me that when the NBA players go to ATL--they look for black chix to hook up with, when they are in LA, they look for blondes, etc......there is a WHOLE underworld surrounding pro sports that if it ever got out would really have the sponsors thinking twice......

crazyhorse
04-13-2009, 08:11 PM
There is no such thing as a true team leader in football anymore.

People like John Lynch talk about how they lead by example on and off the field but when they don't like a situation or want something other than what the team can give them they pull this ****.

People bash Cutler for less but let the "team leader/class acts" pull this **** because they "earned it"?

What is a kid supposed to think if he sees Multi-year Pro-bowlers act like this?

Hows he acting? The deal is likely done. He's cleaned out his locker because he knows he wont be back.

When he starts throwing a fit in the media. Not returning phone calls to the owner. Pissing and whining like he is bigger than the team. Then maybe you can say he's acting poorly. But right now, he's acting like someone who knows he's getting traded.

broncosteven
Yeah they did. But I still dont see Atlanta as "a team to beat". Even with Gonzo.

How about Ryan, Michael Turner john Abrahams, Mike Peterson, Roddy White, Coy Wire, Jason Elam.

A lot more talent than Cassel and the dude that drops all the balls.

BTW has LJ been cut yet?

crazyhorse
Hey Atlanta has some fine A$$ Black chicks to bang on the side ;) Oh, and the better QB, the better defense and ST's. So what exactly is TG losing by leaving KC?

Nothing.

But it's no slam dunk he's gonna win the SB in Atlanta.

broncosteven
04-13-2009, 08:12 PM
Hows he acting? The deal is likely done. He's cleaned out his locker because he knows he wont b e back.

When he starts throwing a fit in the media. NOyt returning phone call to the owner. Pissing and whining like he is bigger than the team. Then maybe you can say he's acting poorly. But right now, he's acting like someone who knows he's getting traded.

So why not be patient and wait for the trade to happen?

Sounds like he is taking his toys home.

worm
04-13-2009, 08:12 PM
It pains me to say this...but I love the moves the Chiefs GM is doing.

I would take #55 for Scheffler.

broncosteven
04-13-2009, 08:13 PM
Nothing.

But it's no slam dunk he's gonna win the SB in Atlanta.

You think his chances were better with a team that hasn't won one in 38 or is it 39 now years in rebuilding mode?

crazyhorse
04-13-2009, 08:13 PM
How about Ryan, Michael Turner john Abrahams, Mike Peterson, Roddy White, Coy Wire, Jason Elam.

A lot more talent than Cassel and the dude that drops all the balls.

BTW has LJ been cut yet?

Not here to run smack little fella. If I were, I'd start much bigger than you. Work that **** on someone as hillbilly dumb as you are.

Have a nice evening.

crazyhorse
04-13-2009, 08:14 PM
You think his chances were better with a team that hasn't won one in 38 or is it 39 now years in rebuilding mode?

No.

Are you saying that Atlanta is the slam dunk winner of the SB next year?

crazyhorse
04-13-2009, 08:15 PM
So why not be patient and wait for the trade to happen?

Sounds like he is taking his toys home.

Okay.

broncosteven
04-13-2009, 08:16 PM
Not here to run smack little fella. If I were, I'd start much bigger than you. Work that **** on someone as hillbilly dumb as you are.

Have a nice evening.

Sorry I could only come up with 2 players from KFC that are any good.

broncosteven
04-13-2009, 08:19 PM
No.

Are you saying that Atlanta is the slam dunk winner of the SB next year?

No team is a slam dunk. I think he will have more fun going 10-6 or better than repeating a 2-14 season.

Maybe he had jock itch today and needed his jock itch powder so he cleaned the locker out while he was there?

Florida_Bronco
04-13-2009, 08:19 PM
You mean paying him at the highest level? Making him the #1 option in the offense his whole carreer. He's paid a major price to get into the Hall of Fame.

Haven't they sabotaged his attempts to get traded like, 2 years in a row now?

broncosteven
04-13-2009, 08:20 PM
Did LJ get cut yet?

crazyhorse
04-13-2009, 08:26 PM
Haven't they sabotaged his attempts to get traded like, 2 years in a row now?

Not sure about 2 years. But I know last year he thought they had a deal with the Giants and the Chiefs backed out. He was pissed about it. But I wouldn't go so far to say the guy has been mistreated over his carreer in KC.

One thing for sure, he acted like apro and had as good a year as any. Tony is A-1 in my book. The Chiefs should have followed through for him last year. But they were doing what they thought was best for the team and were right in that reguard. I dont look at it like they did it to TG but did what they did to field the best team.

In the end it was worth 2 wins. Probably should have just let him go.

FireFly
04-13-2009, 08:27 PM
All bias aside. This is a good move for both sides imo. The cheifs are rebuilding and from what I understand, he wasn't going to be a particularly good locker room influence anyhow. If he were it would be a different story. But getting rid of those that aren't passionate about being there, well thats a good move by any team, but especially one in rebuilding mode.

broncofan2438
04-13-2009, 08:31 PM
Sounds like Cutler all over again

broncosteven
04-13-2009, 08:34 PM
Not sure about 2 years. But I know last year he thought they had a deal with the Giants and the Chiefs backed out. He was pissed about it. But I wouldn't go so far to say the guy has been mistreated over his carreer in KC.

One thing for sure, he acted like apro and had as good a year as any. Tony is A-1 in my book. The Chiefs should have followed through for him last year. But they were doing what they thought was best for the team and were right in that reguard. I dont look at it like they did it to TG but did what they did to field the best team.

In the end it was worth 2 wins. Probably should have just let him go.

KFC needs draft picks, they should trade him. The Wr is young and they have no other playmakers his loss would hurt more than TG.

If KFC gets a 2nd round pick for a guy TG's age it is a great trade for them.

Plus we don't have to face him 2 times a year.

crazyhorse
04-13-2009, 08:37 PM
KFC needs draft picks, they should trade him. The Wr is young and they have no other playmakers his loss would hurt more than TG.

If KFC gets a 2nd round pick for a guy TG's age it is a great trade for them.

Plus we don't have to face him 2 times a year.

I agree on the age thing. But that guy is good for close to 100 catches 1000 yrds and 10 TDs a year.

Cant think of many draft picks that get close to that in thier 1st and even 2nd years. But yeah, his value wont get higher from here and if your going to trade for his replacement, now is the time to get whatever return you can for him.

Orange_Beard
04-13-2009, 08:38 PM
In anticipation of a trade to the Falcons for thier #55.

If true, I dont particularly care for the trade. But what can you do? The guy is at the end of his carreer. But will be hard to replace.

You might be rid of Tont G.

Discuss.

Hard to replace?

There is an understatement.

broncosteven
04-13-2009, 08:41 PM
I agree on the age thing. But that guy is good for close to 100 catches 1000 yrds and 10 TDs a year.

Cant think of many draft picks that get close to that in thier 1st and even 2nd years. But yeah, his value wont get higher from here and if your going to trade for his replacement, now is the time to get whatever return you can for him.

If Dropwayne wasn't so young and they didn't go out and get a QB I would consider trading him also but he is the only threat that team has he has potential to get better and they can build around him.

I would like to see us move Marshall but only because we have depth at WR and are rebuilding and in need of a D.

crazyhorse
04-13-2009, 08:51 PM
If Dropwayne wasn't so young and they didn't go out and get a QB I would consider trading him also but he is the only threat that team has he has potential to get better and they can build around him.

I would like to see us move Marshall but only because we have depth at WR and are rebuilding and in need of a D.

Marshall seems to get a case of the dropsies now and then himself. But I think he is a top #1 WR and you dont just let those guys go. I dont think you're that deep at WR. I really like Royal. Not sure if he can do it for 16 games as a #1 though. With double coverage he might struggle.

Who knows for sure. Royal might be the next Marvin Harrison for all I know. He sure was impressive last year.

kdissette
04-13-2009, 09:04 PM
well i kinda hope they trade that for tony g and we in turn trade scheffler to tha chiefs for a 3rd.

Atwater His Ass
04-13-2009, 09:07 PM
But Cutler is a punk Crybaby?

You are a two faced fool.

This has been apparant for quite sometime.

Pony Boy
04-13-2009, 09:15 PM
Sounds like Cutler all over again

You gotta love it, no matter what the thread is about , it always gets back to Cutler!LOL

baja
04-13-2009, 09:25 PM
Pretty soon the Chiefs are not going to suck year after year.

Pony Boy
04-13-2009, 09:29 PM

The Chiefs could win the Super Bowl and they would still suck!!

baja
04-13-2009, 09:41 PM
The Chiefs could win the Super Bowl and they would still suck!!

LOL Of course you are right, what was I thinking....

Man-Goblin
04-13-2009, 09:46 PM
The deal is likely done.

Is the deal done or not? I have to get up early tomorrow.

Br0nc0Buster
04-13-2009, 09:57 PM
Hows he acting? The deal is likely done. He's cleaned out his locker because he knows he wont b e back.

When he starts throwing a fit in the media. NOyt returning phone call to the owner. Pissing and whining like he is bigger than the team. Then maybe you can say he's acting poorly. But right now, he's acting like someone who knows he's getting traded.

THE DEAL IS DONE!!!!!

want2bAbronco2
04-13-2009, 09:58 PM
On a side note-- a friend of mine's cousin is Stephen Jackson of the Golden state warriors and he told me that when the NBA players go to ATL--they look for black chix to hook up with, when they are in LA, they look for blondes, etc......there is a WHOLE underworld surrounding pro sports that if it ever got out would really have the sponsors thinking twice......

Friend plays in the MLB and when you go to games, they have a section for the wife/family and another section for there girl friends/Fbuddies.

Karenin
04-13-2009, 11:44 PM

Wait, you're telling me that professional athletes like to bang hot chicks in whatever city they're in?!?!?!?!?

http://judyonthenet.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/nowai.jpg

Bronco X
04-14-2009, 12:23 AM
Aw man, I was hoping this thread was about Tony Granato!

Dudeskey
04-14-2009, 12:44 AM
Aw man, I was hoping this thread was about Tony Granato!

Why Granato? For being handed a flaming bag of poop to work with?

Bronco X
04-14-2009, 01:21 AM

We wasn't handed a flaming bag of poop. He was one of the flaming bags of poop being handed out.

Bob's your Information Minister
04-14-2009, 01:25 AM

Pretty soon you guys might make the playoffs again.

DHallblows
04-14-2009, 01:32 AM

LOL There's no way you believe that

Dudeskey
04-14-2009, 01:46 AM
LOL There's no way you believe that

No there really isn't. I never really cared for him when they made him Hartley's replacement either.

But another target for Ryan? I didn't know granato could play tight end ;D

extralife
04-14-2009, 02:50 AM
Good trade for both parties, and I'm glad he's out of the division. Everyone wins.

broncofan7
04-14-2009, 06:25 AM
Wait, you're telling me that professional athletes like to bang hot chicks in whatever city they're in?!?!?!?!?

http://judyonthenet.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/nowai.jpg

No--I am telling you that the TYPE of chick that the athletes look for in certain cities is different--the ATL is known for the black chix:).........

jayman_37
04-14-2009, 07:54 AM
Good, he isn't that good anyway. Look at his record over the last couple of years. He has had a losing record, the chiefs got a great deal.

crazyhorse
04-14-2009, 08:52 AM
http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2009/4...cons-offer-for

Frank Boal of FOX4 in Kansas City is reporting the Kansas City Chiefs have rejected a trade offer from the Atlanta Falcons for tight end Tony Gonzalez. The offer was for the Falcons' 55th overall pick according to Michael Lombardi of the National Football Post.

*Boal rarely breaks news about the Chiefs and the rest of the mainstream media hasn't picked up on this yet so we're certainly going to continue following this story until we can get another confirmation.

Rumors have been swirling that the Chiefs were nearing a deal with someone to move Gonzalez. The basis of some of these rumors? Gonzalez cleaning out his locker.

We'll never know if the future Hall of Fame tight end was simply cleaning out his locker before the start of the Chiefs first veteran mandatory mini-camp on April 17th or if he removed his belongings with the intention that he wouldn't be back.

Click the link for the rest of the story.