PDA

View Full Version : 2009 NHL Playoffs thread.

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

bronco militia
06-01-2009, 02:32 PM
Don't listen to red wing militia....he is in denial over his love of the Red Wings.

the love of my life is a Redwings fan

nice try, wingnut notsofast ;D

broncofan7
06-01-2009, 02:34 PM
Dan Carcillo to serve Malkins suspension, the Comcast Flyers do not plan on appealing the suspension.

ROFL!

Broncojef
06-01-2009, 02:43 PM
no, some guy on lgw created it for a wallpaper, i believe.

http://www.letsgowings.com/forums/uploads/monthly_05_2009/post-4209-1243804543_thumb.jpg

http://www.letsgowings.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=58278&st=280

I hang out there alot must have missed it. In any regards very nice!!:thumbs:

SouthStndJunkie
06-01-2009, 02:45 PM
the love of my life is a Redwings fan

nice try, wingnut notsofast ;D

I am pretty cool....but I am not the love of your life....fag.:poke:

DHallblows
06-01-2009, 04:41 PM
Do you really expect the NHL to actually apply its own rules when one of their poster boys is due for suspension? Please. I may be in the minority here but if I choose to start a fight, it isn't so I can exchange pleasantries. It's so I can injure the other person and, in doing so, send a message that he'd best not hassle me.

Very few fights are so you can injure the other person. Send a message? Yes. But by injury? No.

Malkin, in this case, should've received TWO misconducts, not one (instigator and not tying down his jersey) which is an automatic one game suspension.

So I assume you felt Zetterberg needed a matching misconduct? Don't forget an unsportsmanlike conduct on Malkin, too. You can nitpick every rule violation that occurrs, but they are never called for a reason.

Like Gretz used to say, 90% of this game is half mental. If Malkin's dumb enough to pull that stunt and fall under the letter of the law, sit his ass for a game and do what the rule was designed to do. If not, why even have the rule? To their credit, the wings are saying all the right things--no big deal, he's frustrated, blah blah.

In my personal opinion they shouldn't. It's one of the many things they did post-lockout to castrate the NHL

Bronx33
06-01-2009, 04:51 PM
The officiating had me confused in game 2 mailkins is called for a weak assed interfrence right after a wingie goal then lets a stick braking slash by hossa slide on the PP ( wingies score) 2 seconds later? then i watch numerous penalties just simply ( let go ) the entire rest of the game (on both sides) but pitt got the short end of the stick i will say that much.

If your going to to make a statement about cracking down and do so the entire season ( KEEP YOUR F****** WORD!)

chadta
06-01-2009, 05:34 PM
Malkin, in this case, should've received TWO misconducts, not one (instigator and not tying down his jersey) which is an automatic one game suspension.

actually the instigator is the only one that calls for a suspension, the tie down is a game misconduct, which would be the rest of last nights game, so he probally got that.

47.22 Fines and Suspensions – Instigator in Final Five Minutes of Regulation Time (or Anytime in Overtime) - A player or goalkeeper who is deemed to be the instigator of an altercation in the final five (5) minutes of regulation time or at anytime in overtime, shall automatically be suspended for one game.

47.13 Jerseys -A player or goalkeeper who engages in a fightand whose jersey is not properly “tied-down” (jersey properly fastened to pants), and who loses his jersey (completely off his torso) in that altercation, shall receive a game misconduct penalty.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=26336

If your going to to make a statement about cracking down and do so the entire season ( KEEP YOUR ******* WORD!)

OMG your starting to sound like me, i think ive been asking for some consistency all friggin year long.

its karma dood !Booya!

Bronx33
06-01-2009, 05:45 PM
actually the instigator is the only one that calls for a suspension, the tie down is a game misconduct, which would be the rest of last nights game, so he probally got that.

47.22 Fines and Suspensions – Instigator in Final Five Minutes of Regulation Time (or Anytime in Overtime) - A player or goalkeeper who is deemed to be the instigator of an altercation in the final five (5) minutes of regulation time or at anytime in overtime, shall automatically be suspended for one game.

47.13 Jerseys -A player or goalkeeper who engages in a fightand whose jersey is not properly “tied-down” (jersey properly fastened to pants), and who loses his jersey (completely off his torso) in that altercation, shall receive a game misconduct penalty.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=26336

OMG your starting to sound like me, i think ive been asking for some consistency all friggin year long.

its karma dood !Booya!

You're confused about what karma is and what poor officiating is most philly fans are. :clown:

gyldenlove
06-01-2009, 06:31 PM
The officiating had me confused in game 2 mailkins is called for a weak assed interfrence right after a wingie goal then lets a stick braking slash by hossa slide on the PP ( wingies score) 2 seconds later? then i watch numerous penalties just simply ( let go ) the entire rest of the game (on both sides) but pitt got the short end of the stick i will say that much.

If your going to to make a statement about cracking down and do so the entire season ( KEEP YOUR ******* WORD!)

You are going to want to go back a page and watch that film. Dupuis broke his stick when his stick his Hossa's skate, not on a slash.

bronco militia
06-01-2009, 07:35 PM
I am pretty cool....but I am not the love of your life....fag.:poke:

doh...****'n dick!

LOL

Broncojef
06-02-2009, 05:16 AM

The play-offs have always been more rough and rugged. Everyone takes it up a notch and the calls are fewer and further between. Let the players play and don't decide a game on some ticky tack penalty. Detroit was a finese team for years that despite winning the President's trophy would get muscled out of the play-offs and lead to our frustration. Finally when we brought the hammer to the table in 97 we started winning Cups.

Broncojef
06-02-2009, 05:47 AM
Draper and Datsyuk have been officially ruled out for Game 3 tonight.

Smiling Assassin27
06-02-2009, 07:56 AM
Draper and Datsyuk have been officially ruled out for Game 3 tonight.

Drapes is good to go, but it looks like Babs doesn't wanna tinker with what's worked so far. His face off skill will be missed, but the kids are faster and hungrier.

alkemical
06-02-2009, 08:19 AM
you ever notice how every wing fan has watched them 'when i was a kid'....

Smiling Assassin27
06-02-2009, 08:32 AM

careful, your unbridled bitterness is showing... :rofl:

i'm not sure what purpose a statement on the longevity of any given wings fan's team loyalty serves, but whatever gets you through, amesie. relax, you're gonna get in the win column tonight.

alkemical
06-02-2009, 10:42 AM
careful, your unbridled bitterness is showing... :rofl:

i'm not sure what purpose a statement on the longevity of any given wings fan's team loyalty serves, but whatever gets you through, amesie. relax, you're gonna get in the win column tonight.

nope detriot in 4. I took the bet for it.

You can still **** off.

Smiling Assassin27
06-02-2009, 10:44 AM
nope detriot in 4. I took the bet for it.

You can still **** off.

LOL

priceless.

Smiling Assassin27
06-02-2009, 10:58 AM
i had no idea...i need to brush up on my slovak.

http://videos.mlive.com/grpress/2009/06/red_wings_hossa_will_use_boos.html

gyldenlove
06-02-2009, 11:15 AM

Not me.

Smiling Assassin27
06-02-2009, 11:21 AM
Not me.

bandwagoner! (figured i'd save amesie the trouble of typing that, gyld...) :thumbsup:

chadta
06-02-2009, 12:23 PM
You're confused about what karma is and what poor officiating is most philly fans are. :clown:

actually i think im bang on, you laughed at me all year when i bitched about the refs, and now you have fallen victim to one bad call, (and yes it was a bad call, or non call i should say) and your on here crying about it. Dont be too upset, if they really kept there word malkin wouldnt be playing tonight, you should be happy the league is such a joke.

gyldenlove
06-02-2009, 12:25 PM
bandwagoner! (figured i'd save amesie the trouble of typing that, gyld...) :thumbsup:

I am a Wings fan because I started playing the NHL games and my friends would always use LA to get Gretzky or Pittsburgh to get Lemieux, so I used Detroit to have Fedorov and Yzerman.

chadta
06-02-2009, 01:03 PM
I am a Wings fan because I started playing the NHL games and my friends would always use LA to get Gretzky or Pittsburgh to get Lemieux, so I used Detroit to have Fedorov and Yzerman.

i like the flyers for the same reason i like the broncos

ORANGE uniforms

can we get a poll on who has the dumber reason ?

gyldenlove
06-02-2009, 01:14 PM
i like the flyers for the same reason i like the broncos

ORANGE uniforms

can we get a poll on who has the dumber reason ?

Solid idea.

I like the Broncos because the first football game I ever saw was Super Bowl XXXIII against the Falcons, I actually went into the game cheering for Morten Andersen because he is Danish, but Elway completely won me over, he had a presence, you could just tell how much he wanted that win. I really did join at the wrong time.

SouthStndJunkie
06-02-2009, 05:42 PM
Looks like the Wings are up 2-1 in the 1st period....but I am stuck at work, so I am not watching the game.

SouthStndJunkie
06-02-2009, 05:56 PM
2-2 score at the end of the 1st period.

Broncojef
06-02-2009, 06:05 PM
2-2 score at the end of the 1st period.

Real fun game to watch Penguins had 6 men on the ice for over 25 seconds and it went uncalled. Hard up and down skating, these guys will be worn completely out by the third period.

Broncojef
06-02-2009, 06:47 PM
2-2 at the end of 2. Wings brought the heat most of that period including two nice pings off the goal. The third period should be epic.

Broncojef
06-02-2009, 07:19 PM
Bad penalty by Ericsson, powerplay goal by the pens now up 3-2.

Broncojef
06-02-2009, 07:34 PM
Empty net goal...pens win 4-2. Pens finally brought the heat in the 3rd and capitalized on the Ericsson penalty...looks like you got a "W" there SoCal.

SoCalBronco
06-02-2009, 08:50 PM
Empty net goal...pens win 4-2. Pens finally brought the heat in the 3rd and capitalized on the Ericsson penalty...looks like you got a "W" there SoCal.

Eh....I'm not really happy by this win. It's still 2-1 Detroit when it should be 2-1 Pittsburgh, so I don't really care that we won this game, because it doesn't do anything to reverse what happened earlier.

The only thing that lifts my spirits about the Pens still having a chance to win to the series is this:

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k55/ferr3816/sicover_060809_redwings_1.jpg

SouthStndJunkie
06-02-2009, 10:19 PM

And he is still not happy.

Look to the future and quit letting the first 2 games get in your head.

One more win and the series will be tied.

chadta
06-03-2009, 04:50 AM
Eh....I'm not really happy by this win. It's still 2-1 Detroit when it should be 2-1 Pittsburgh, so I don't really care that we won this game, because it doesn't do anything to reverse what happened earlier.

but it was ok in the first round when it was 3-1 for pissburg when it should have been 3-1 for philly right, and the refs had alot more to do with that, then they do this series.

gotcha

you got a gift last night, and your still cryin about it

Smiling Assassin27
06-03-2009, 07:17 AM
As Babcock said, the series is right where it ought to be. If the Wings wanna play 40 minutes of hockey, they will get beat, simple as that. What a shock that the Pens played with 6 guys on the ice for nearly 30 seconds and nobody in stripes caught it. Ah well, this game result is not a shock. Back to the drawing board and come out fighting again in game 4. Nice win for the Pens.

gyldenlove
06-03-2009, 10:04 AM
Well, lets see if Hossa can make it 4 straight game 4's with 2 goals. It would be quite ironic if he was the one to put the Wings up 3-1 with a multi goal performance.

Smiling Assassin27
06-03-2009, 10:31 AM
Well, lets see if Hossa can make it 4 straight game 4's with 2 goals. It would be quite ironic if he was the one to put the Wings up 3-1 with a multi goal performance.

His energy seems good but he's pressing, trying to make a pretty play instead of getting to the net and putting pucks on Fleury. Lidstrom's due for one of his patented center ice goals as well!

gyldenlove
06-03-2009, 10:43 AM
His energy seems good but he's pressing, trying to make a pretty play instead of getting to the net and putting pucks on Fleury. Lidstrom's due for one of his patented center ice goals as well!

I was just thinking that yesterday, we haven't had one of those centerice knuckle balls from Lidstrom.

I noticed yesterday that Lidstrom isn't shooting from the point, he seems to take the pass more than he maybe should in some situations. I love his slapshot he has great accuracy and if we can establish the screen his shot is a weapon.

I hope Datsyuk comes back, having him would put another weapon out there for the Penguins to worry about, he could really create some mismatches. I just want to see him get a breakaway and completely humiliate Fleury, you could tell a couple of times late in the Anaheim series he would just take the puck and run around people, we need that magic back.

Smiling Assassin27
06-03-2009, 01:24 PM
Have a seat, Mr. Leino. I think if Dats centers Hossa and Flip, they could have a big night.

Datsyuk looks like he's returning
UPDATE: Babcock just said that Datsyuk is a game-time decision. "We have an optional skate tomorrow morning and we'll see how he responds after that and after today. I have to talk to (trainer) Piet (Van Zant) and see how (Datsyuk) looks." Datsyuk also said that he would be a game-time decision tomorrow.

That said, Datsyuk was practicing hard today, doing drills for the first time in a long time. The practice lines were shuffled as though they were preparing for Pavel being back. It sure looks like Datsyuk will be back unless his body takes a step backwards after today's workout.

Also, Babcock just confirmed that Draper is back in the lineup, but said that he doesn't know who's out. Well, it sure looks like Abdelkader is out. Leino and Maltby were Draper's wings in practice. Draper, Maltby and Leino were off the ice for a half-hour while Abdelkader worked out.

----

Pavel Datsyuk is practicing right now as though he's going to play in tomorrow's Game 4. First, he's working through all the drills and looking good. Until this point, Datsyuk (foot) was just skating on his own, not doing drills.

Also, Datsyuk is centering a line at practice with Valtteri Filppula on one wing and Marian Hossa on the other. There is no reason to shuffle the lines like that unless the Wings believe that Datsyuk will likely be available.

So that said, here were the practice lines ...

Franzen-Zetterberg-Cleary
Filppula-Datsyuk-Hossa
Hudler-Helm-Samuelsson
Leino-Draper-Maltby

Lidstrom-Chelios
Kronwall-Stuart
Ericsson-Lebda

No Rafalski and no Holmstrom at practice. Obviously, the team is looking at Rafalski as playing in Game 4 and using Chelios as a placeholder. Holmstrom, it's tough to tell if he'll be playing from the practice lines. Homer took a big hit from Cooke seven minutes into Game 3.

Also of note is that Draper was centering the fourth line at practice, not Abdelkader. Draper might make his return after being a healthy scratch the past two games.
posted by Bruce MacLeod at 2:20 PM

chadta
06-03-2009, 01:25 PM
statistics show the penguins getting 25 more power plays than the second place team in that category up through the second round. 25 is a LOT more power plays. Certainly, looking at that figure, it appears as though the people claiming an officiating advantage for the pens aren't just seeing the pens appearing to be up a man more then the opponant because they want to find fault with the Pens or "homer tinted glasses".

So, considering that there ACTUALLY is a disparity between what gets called for the pens and what gets called for other teams (in terms of pure numbers at least), how would you explain that without league bias?

Smiling Assassin27
06-03-2009, 01:26 PM
statistics show the penguins getting 25 more power plays than the second place team in that category up through the second round. 25 is a LOT more power plays. Certainly, looking at that figure, it appears as though the people claiming an officiating advantage for the pens aren't just seeing the pens appearing to be up a man more then the opponant because they want to find fault with the Pens or "homer tinted glasses".

So, considering that there ACTUALLY is a disparity between what gets called for the pens and what gets called for other teams (in terms of pure numbers at least), how would you explain that without league bias?

6 on 5 for 30 seconds last night...:rofl:

SouthStndJunkie
06-03-2009, 01:27 PM
Have a seat, Mr. Leino. I think if Dats centers Hossa and Flip, they could have a big night.

It would be awesome if Datsyuk was back in the mix for the rest of the series.

Smiling Assassin27
06-03-2009, 01:27 PM

i think i know why...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v606/Hektic/Untitled-3-3.gif

Broncojef
06-03-2009, 05:37 PM
I think the kids have served us well...Datsyuk for Leino and Draper for ???

Time to break out the veteran Draper for this next game and let him grind.

SoCalBronco
06-03-2009, 09:34 PM
i think i know why...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v606/Hektic/Untitled-3-3.gif

If the league was really going out of their way to help us, the series would be 3-0 PIT right now and there would be a TON of penalties called each game.

alkemical
06-04-2009, 06:18 AM
If the league was really going out of their way to help us, the series would be 3-0 PIT right now and there would be a TON of penalties called each game.

Not to mention, that picture would be the other way around.

Broncojef
06-04-2009, 08:49 AM
Datsyuk is a GO for game 4 !!!!

Smiling Assassin27
06-04-2009, 09:31 AM
Datsyuk is a GO for game 4 !!!!

let's see if he's rusty and/or just how much juice he's got left in the tank. draper should help our face off percentages. roll 4 lines and grind one out!

gyldenlove
06-04-2009, 09:59 AM
let's see if he's rusty and/or just how much juice he's got left in the tank. draper should help our face off percentages. roll 4 lines and grind one out!

He may be rusty, but with his natural talent he should still be good for some amazing moves. It is not like he sat out for months, so it shouldn't be too bad.

I love how confident he looks with the puck some times.

Rocket 7
06-04-2009, 04:54 PM
Almost game time.

SouthStndJunkie
06-04-2009, 05:30 PM
PITTSBURGH -- Red Wings star Pavel Datsyuk did not play in Game 4 of the Stanley Cup finals, missing his sixth straight game because of a foot injury.

The MVP finalist participated in the morning skate Thursday, then stayed on the ice afterward in an attempt to be ready to face the Pittsburgh Penguins.

But Datsyuk was scratched from the lineup. When that was announced at Mellon Arena, Penguins fans cheered.

SouthStndJunkie
06-04-2009, 05:31 PM
1-0 Pens.

Broncojef
06-04-2009, 05:39 PM
PITTSBURGH -- Red Wings star Pavel Datsyuk did not play in Game 4 of the Stanley Cup finals, missing his sixth straight game because of a foot injury.

The MVP finalist participated in the morning skate Thursday, then stayed on the ice afterward in an attempt to be ready to face the Pittsburgh Penguins.

But Datsyuk was scratched from the lineup. When that was announced at Mellon Arena, Penguins fans cheered.

Last time I believe rumors from Eklund...well the NHL will get their series I guess.

SouthStndJunkie
06-04-2009, 05:57 PM
Darren Helm ties the game up at 1-1.

chadta
06-04-2009, 06:27 PM
German zoo: Gay penguin pair raising chick (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090604/ap_on_re_eu/eu_germany_male_penguin_parents_1)

hey they have gay penguins in germany too :rofl:

SouthStndJunkie
06-04-2009, 06:55 PM
sloppy pussy

Bronx33
06-04-2009, 07:07 PM
4-2 pens

gyldenlove
06-04-2009, 07:24 PM
I haven't seen the Red Wings D play so bad collectively in years. Rafalski, Stuart and Kronwall all seem to be running around like headless chickens.

Bronx33
06-04-2009, 07:27 PM
I haven't seen the Red Wings D play so bad collectively in years. Rafalski, Stuart and Kronwall all seem to be running around like headless chickens.

You can credit the pens offense too ya know they are just beating them to the puck and the transition game is creating odd man rushes.

Bronx33
06-04-2009, 07:46 PM
All tied up

alkemical
06-04-2009, 07:58 PM
good game.

Bronx33
06-04-2009, 08:02 PM
good game.

Very good game.

maher_tyler
06-04-2009, 08:12 PM
Very good game.

It's always a very good game when the wings lose :thumbsup:

Requiem
06-04-2009, 10:11 PM
Bonerific game!

Smiling Assassin27
06-05-2009, 07:17 AM
Props to the pens, who ran through us, ran past us, and ran over us in their building. I've watched Red Wings fans metaphorically hang themselves by a shower rod this morning, proclaiming the Wings are toast. I don't think so, but the Pens have the upper hand because their energy level dwarfs that of the Red Wings. Mental mistakes come from physical exertion, and the Wings flat out handed the puck to the Pens in the 2nd period, practically escorting them in on breakaway after breakaway.

2-2 going to Detroit, I still like our chances, but also think the Pens are sensing the kill and will come out flying in game 5.

alkemical
06-05-2009, 07:22 AM
It's still detroit.

I will say this. Malkin has evolved into something unreal.

Smiling Assassin27
06-05-2009, 07:37 AM
It's still detroit.

I will say this. Malkin has evolved into something unreal.

Has he surpassed Sid? He seems more skilled than Sid but the knock was that he took shifts off. He hasn't done that this year.

alkemical
06-05-2009, 07:39 AM
Has he surpassed Sid? He seems more skilled than Sid but the knock was that he took shifts off. He hasn't done that this year.

He always had more talent than Sid as in pure hockey ability. Crosby just works till nothing's left.

In the post-season - malkin's pretty much brought it every game this year. I don't care which one is better, it's a nice thing to argue about.

Bronx33
06-06-2009, 05:54 PM
WELL the first chicken shyt penalty always goes in the wingies favor and always after they score a goal, that call on kunitz was complete crap and milbury is a first class idiot bar none..

Bronx33
06-06-2009, 06:11 PM
And the weakassed penalty pays off.

Broncojef
06-06-2009, 06:45 PM
No one competes with the Wings when they bring their "A" game, nice game boys!!!:thumbs:

gyldenlove
06-06-2009, 08:22 PM
He always had more talent than Sid as in pure hockey ability. Crosby just works till nothing's left.

In the post-season - malkin's pretty much brought it every game this year. I don't care which one is better, it's a nice thing to argue about.

I have seen Crosby poach a lot in this series. Whenever the Wings gain the puck in their own zone and turn the play the other way he hangs out at the Red Wings blue line long after the puck is into the Penguins zone - some times it pays off and the Pens get the puck back and can start a quick counter attack with a long pass, but when the Wings set up it looks really bad.

Datsyuk is back, he has an ability to make every other hockey player in the world look like a total fool out there, including putting the moves on Crosby.

gyldenlove
06-06-2009, 08:23 PM
WELL the first chicken shyt penalty always goes in the wingies favor and always after they score a goal, that call on kunitz was complete crap and milbury is a first class idiot bar none..

And that first penalty on Kronwall wasn't chicken shyt?

Broncojef
06-06-2009, 08:55 PM
Will Hossa skate the Cup in the Igloo Tuesday night? I bet there will be alot of love for that in Pitt should it happen.

JCMElway
06-06-2009, 11:20 PM
Wow. The Pens got OWNED. I expected them to at least show up. I think the Wings have more than a decent shot to steamroll the pens when they get to Pittsburgh.

alkemical
06-08-2009, 05:46 AM
the pens sucked and played liked little kids. Detroit wins the next.

alkemical
06-09-2009, 08:18 PM
go pens.

pens no matter what have to win in det. we'll see if they can suck it up and do it.

ElwayMD
06-09-2009, 08:25 PM
Pens sacked up tonight game 7 could turn out to be an epic battle.

alkemical
06-09-2009, 08:28 PM
they did - but their inability to win in det keeps me from expecting anything.

maher_tyler
06-09-2009, 08:38 PM
they did - but their inability to win in det keeps me from expecting anything.

yep same here..i expect detroit to win ii at home!

bronco militia
06-09-2009, 08:55 PM
none of the 3 games were close in detroit

SoCalBronco
06-09-2009, 09:00 PM
none of the 3 games were close in detroit

Eh...both Game 1 and 2, Pittsburgh played well and IMO deserved a split in Detroit in those games.

I do think, however, that its no more likely than 35% that we'll be able to go into Detroit and win in Game 7. That will be very, very, very difficult to do and is highly unlikely. I'd be so happy if we could do it, but its really hard. This isn't like the Washington experience, that team had very little playoff experience and none in Game 7s. Detroit has tons of experience.

I'm hoping for it, but not expecting it.

OBF1
06-09-2009, 09:21 PM
It is BroncoStevens birthday today incase you have not heard about it.

ElwayMD
06-10-2009, 06:42 AM
I have a feeling that game 7 is either going to be a blowout of epic proportions or it's going to be a game for the ages. I think the key will be who gets on the board first. If the Pens score first it gives them confidence and turns it into a dogfight. If the Wings score first there is a chance that the Pens press more and make more mistakes. One thing is for sure this years Pens team is more mentally tough than the team that was in the playoffs last year.

I would also love to see the look on Hossas face if the Pens win the cup.

Smiling Assassin27
06-10-2009, 07:27 AM
Man, Hossa has been so god awful that watching him watch the Pens skate the cup is not altogether repulsive to me. He's been a major disappointment.

The Pens flat out took our lunch money last night. The Wings have been guilty of playing 20 minute and 40 minute games all year long, and they played like they knew they had another shot, while the Pens played like they did not. Pens are fresher and hungrier, so I give them the upper hand for Friday.

alkemical
06-10-2009, 07:48 AM
I have a feeling that game 7 is either going to be a blowout of epic proportions or it's going to be a game for the ages. I think the key will be who gets on the board first. If the Pens score first it gives them confidence and turns it into a dogfight. If the Wings score first there is a chance that the Pens press more and make more mistakes. One thing is for sure this years Pens team is more mentally tough than the team that was in the playoffs last year.

I would also love to see the look on Hossas face if the Pens win the cup.

I really hope that hossa is a bad rabbits foot.

3 OT's

alkemical
06-10-2009, 07:49 AM
Man, Hossa has been so god awful that watching him watch the Pens skate the cup is not altogether repulsive to me. He's been a major disappointment.

The Pens flat out took our lunch money last night. The Wings have been guilty of playing 20 minute and 40 minute games all year long, and they played like they knew they had another shot, while the Pens played like they did not. Pens are fresher and hungrier, so I give them the upper hand for Friday.

Maybe crosby made him look good last year... ;)

gyldenlove
06-10-2009, 08:24 AM

He hasn't been as bad as Hudler who has been a complete non-factor. He keeps holding onto the puck on the boards until Hal Gill runs him over and takes the puck away.

I guess right now the Conn Smythe race is down to: Malkin (if the Penguins win), Osgood and Zetterberg (if Detroit wins). If the Penguins win the cup Malkin will be the MVP, he has been by far the most dangerous Pen in the final and with the scoring title well in hand it will be a no-brainer. If Detroit wins it will depend how the final game goes, Osgood will take it if Pittsburgh only scores 1 goal and it is a close game, Zetterberg will take it if Detroit wins by several goals or if both teams score a lot of goals.

SoCalBronco
06-10-2009, 08:09 PM
I really hope that hossa is a bad rabbits foot.

3 OT's

What would be funny is if it went 3 OT's and Hossa put it in his own net.

To be realistic though, I don't think Friday is going to be a good day for us.

alkemical
06-11-2009, 05:55 AM
What would be funny is if it went 3 OT's and Hossa put it in his own net.

To be realistic though, I don't think Friday is going to be a good day for us.

hey, i agree. The way i see it is - the best team wins on fri. Pens have/had to win in det no matter what, and if they can't win on the road, they aren't the best team.

ElwayMD
06-11-2009, 06:42 AM
I was less optimistic about game 6. I thought after the Pens laid an egg in game 5 they would just pack it in. I have a feeling that they will come out confident and make a game of it. If they have the same energy from game 6 they are the better team in the series. Hopefully it will be easy for them to play like it's the last game of the year...because it is :)

Bronx33
06-12-2009, 02:39 PM
Go! pens!

Smiling Assassin27
06-12-2009, 02:44 PM
Let the chips fall where they may tonight. May Lidstrom and his displaced testicle hoist the cup once again.

SouthStndJunkie
06-12-2009, 04:07 PM
Missed most of Game 5 and all of Game 6 while fishing in Canada.

I am geeked for Game 7.

Let's go Red Wings!

SouthStndJunkie
06-12-2009, 05:37 PM
Wings with a nice penalty kill.

SouthStndJunkie
06-12-2009, 05:51 PM
Scoreless after 1 period of play.

SouthStndJunkie
06-12-2009, 06:08 PM
Pens take a 1-0 lead early in the 2nd period.

broncocalijohn
06-12-2009, 06:10 PM
It would be a major upset if Pens win this one. On the road in Hockeytown. Kunitz get a ring? I hope so. If DUcks cant do it, at least the one that got traded can do it. No NBA to interfer with the game.

SouthStndJunkie
06-12-2009, 06:24 PM
2-0 Pens....Wings better get it together....and quickly.

Bronx33
06-12-2009, 06:53 PM
20mins ladies

Bronx33
06-12-2009, 06:56 PM
And that penalty on stall was absolute fantasy ( never even happened) but homo evened it up with a hold to save the day thank god.

chadta
06-12-2009, 06:57 PM
Pens take a 1-0 lead early in the 2nd period.

i may be wrong but i thought if you shot the puck from your own side of center, and the other team touches it first, that its icing, so turning it over shouldnt lead to a goal. HHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmm

bronco militia
06-12-2009, 06:59 PM
i think the wings are done

SouthStndJunkie
06-12-2009, 07:19 PM
Wings look completely out of sync.

SouthStndJunkie
06-12-2009, 07:23 PM
Wings score with 6:07 left in the 3rd!

spdirty
06-12-2009, 07:35 PM
16.1 seconds left. Hold on Pens!

SouthStndJunkie
06-12-2009, 07:37 PM
Props to the Penguins....they deserved to win the series.

Punisher
congrats to the pens

Bronx33
justice has been served

spdirty
how freakin cool is that. Last 6 seconds felt like forever. Congrats Pens! Have fun celebrating on Detroits home ice.

SouthStndJunkie
06-12-2009, 07:50 PM
Malkin wins the Conn Smythe Trophy.

BroncoDoug
06-12-2009, 07:52 PM
congrats to the penguins!!

chadta
06-12-2009, 07:54 PM
congrats to betman, you made it happen gary, way to go, the nhl is the new WWE

Bronx33
06-12-2009, 07:54 PM
Fluerys save in the last 6 sec was spectactular.

Bronx33
06-12-2009, 07:56 PM

stfu you whiney b**** good god it's been all season with you and your female cramps ( the pens won it fair and square)...

ElwayMD
06-12-2009, 08:05 PM
What a game 7! What a series...Pens earned the trophy tonight. Talbot was a pimp once again.

BroncoLifer
06-12-2009, 08:06 PM
Fluerys save in the last 6 sec was spectactular.

It sure was! The way he threw his body in front of the puck reminded me of Clint Eastwood in In the Line of Fire.

Orange_Beard
06-12-2009, 08:10 PM

Amen.

HEAV
06-12-2009, 08:11 PM
"Lord Stanley, Lord Stanley give me the brandy."

bronco militia
06-12-2009, 08:14 PM
glad the wings lost, but it sucks that Burgh fans get to celebrate another championship.

HEAV
06-12-2009, 08:15 PM
Seeing Mario with the cup again made me tear up:thumbsup:

HEAV
06-12-2009, 08:20 PM
glad the wings lost, but it sucks that Burgh fans get to celebrate another championship.

This is one burgh parade I will attend. The Pens have gone through so much crap to stay in Pittsburgh and had to sit back and see new ballparks built for losers like the Pirates and until a few years ago the Steelers.

Mario saved the team, had to finally force the city to build him a new arena by talking to Kansas City about a move and then only got the new arena becuase it got tied in with a casino.

Finally they get the respect they desirved.

DHallblows
06-12-2009, 08:50 PM
While I dislike Red Wing fans, props to them for booing Gary Bettman!

SoCalBronco
06-12-2009, 09:11 PM
**** YEAH!!!!

THIS IS ****ING SWEET.

PENS WIN.....PENS WIN....

STANLEY CUP CHAMPS...AGAIN

Every game in this series that I watched live we lost, so I stayed at work till 8:00 and taped the game, just got home 30 mins ago. This is ****ing awesome.

I am so happy to see Sid hoist the Cup in Detroit. I hope his knee is ok, though. And Geno is definitely deserving of the Conn Smythe. I hope all the jerks who said that Flower didn't have the "mental makeup" to win the Cup are eating their words now.

Woo hoo. We are the CHAMPS. Where's Josh...where's Dipso?

This is GREAT.

And this pic sums it up, best (especially with that biatch Hossa in the background):

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/5b/fullj.1c0ccb60b673ea9955c7bebc6c8774a8/1c0ccb60b673ea9955c7bebc6c8774a8-getty-88035039mh032_stanley_cup_f.jpg

Requiem
06-12-2009, 09:37 PM
Hossa is a sell-out bitch. How does it feel Hossa? PENS 4 LIFE. Suck it Red Wang ****s.

alkemical
06-12-2009, 10:05 PM
to be the best you have to be the best. whhooooohoooo.

ive loved talbots game over the last two years.

awesome playoffs - beat philly bitches, beat the caps and the wings.

Hogan11
06-12-2009, 11:14 PM
Congrats to the Pens.....those gawddamn dirty birds.

Jori
06-12-2009, 11:15 PM
Congrats to the Pens. People can whine about the officials, but Detroit looked tired as the series went along. Hossa probably feels like crap right now, but somebody will be paying him millions this summer, but probably not Detroit.

Fleury is from my mom's hometown in Quebec and I'll be up there in a few weeks. Hopefully that's during the time in which Fleury has his day with the Cup.

Dudeskey
06-13-2009, 12:29 AM
While I dislike Red Wing fans, props to them for booing Gary Bettman!

Agreed. At first I didn't realize they were booing Bettman til he stopped talking, then the boos died down...™

ElwayMD
06-13-2009, 06:12 AM
If the Pens keep the core of this team together we could be talking multiple cups in the coming years.

broncofan7
06-13-2009, 06:21 AM
If the Pens keep the core of this team together we could be talking multiple cups in the coming years.

If my Flyers ever decide to get a decent goalie (we signed Emery--yuck) you guys will have to worry about getting by us more than winning multiple cups.......

alkemical
06-13-2009, 06:39 AM
If my Flyers ever decide to get a decent goalie (we signed Emery--yuck) you guys will have to worry about getting by us more than winning multiple cups.......

philly has had good goalies. bobby clarke broke a few of them.

Bronx33
06-13-2009, 08:05 AM
Hossa is a sell-out b****. How does it feel Hossa? PENS 4 LIFE. Suck it Red Wang ****s.

LMAO!

Hercules Rockefeller
06-13-2009, 09:55 AM

With Crosby and Malkin, they should always be in the mix, but the issue will be do they have the prospect depth to replace the losses around the core along the way?

Bronx33
06-13-2009, 11:04 AM
With Crosby and Malkin, they should always be in the mix, but the issue will be do they have the prospect depth to replace the losses around the core along the way?

If any organization understands it would be the pens they seem to be comprised of quality players that understand how a team should be built and maintained. As for the depth i really haven't payed much attention to who they have in the system but seeing guys like talbot hes a keeper for sure and flury,kennedy and letang came up thru Scranton.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/teams/pittsburgh_penguins

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/10948/penguins_top20_prospects_spring2009/

Hercules Rockefeller
06-13-2009, 01:10 PM
If any organization understands it would be the pens they seem to be comprised of quality players that understand how a team should be built and maintained. As for the depth i really haven't payed much attention to who they have in the system but seeing guys like talbot hes a keeper for sure and flury,kennedy and letang came up thru Scranton.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/teams/pittsburgh_penguins

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/10948/penguins_top20_prospects_spring2009/

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/nhl_organisation_rankings/

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/nhl_organisation_rankings/?start=6

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/nhl_organisation_rankings/?start=12

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/nhl_organisation_rankings/?start=18

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/nhl_organisation_rankings/?start=24

Would have been the better links for a comparison. If we're going by HF, then the Pens prospect corps sits at #19, then you've got StL #1 (#6W), Montreal #2 (#8E), Columbus #5 (#7W), Washington #6 (#2E), Boston #7 (#1E), Philly #9 (#5E), Detroit #11 (#2W), and NYR #12 (#7E). Just in the top 12, there are 8 playoff teams and 3 of the top 4 regular season teams. The issues is, do the Pens have enough in the AHL to overcome any losses? Do teams like the Bruins and Caps have enough on their farms to overtake the Pens?

Bronx33
06-13-2009, 01:29 PM
http://www.hockeysfuture.com/nhl_organisation_rankings/

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/nhl_organisation_rankings/?start=6

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/nhl_organisation_rankings/?start=12

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/nhl_organisation_rankings/?start=18

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/nhl_organisation_rankings/?start=24

Would have been the better links for a comparison. If we're going by HF, then the Pens prospect corps sits at #19, then you've got StL #1 (#6W), Montreal #2 (#8E), Columbus #5 (#7W), Washington #6 (#2E), Boston #7 (#1E), Philly #9 (#5E), Detroit #11 (#2W), and NYR #12 (#7E). Just in the top 12, there are 8 playoff teams and 3 of the top 4 regular season teams. The issues is, do the Pens have enough in the AHL to overcome any losses? Do teams like the Bruins and Caps have enough on their farms to overtake the Pens?

Ohhh i agree about the rating system and it's only HFs opinion on a players potential but it seems you never really know a player is going to pan until they get some ice time. ( i basically used HF for the list of players they have on the farm nothing more)

Bronx33
06-13-2009, 01:56 PM
Now who exactly was suppose to be the baby? is was fairly busy on the ice crissy iam sure sid had alot going on and might have missed lidstrom and iam sure he didn't do it on purpose why on earth would you cry about it to the press?

Per TSN:

"DETROIT - The Red Wings can accept that Pittsburgh is the Stanley Cup champion. Getting snubbed by Sidney Crosby is another matter.

After watching Pittsburgh hoist the Cup on Detroit's ice, the Red Wings lined up to shake hands with the Penguins as is custom in the NHL playoffs.

Detroit captain Nicklas Lidstrom was up front, followed by alternate captain Kris Draper, congratulating many of the new champions while waiting for Pittsburgh's captain.

"Nick was waiting and waiting, and Crosby didn't come over to shake his hand," Draper told an Associated Press reporter a couple hours later as he was leaving Joe Louis Arena. "That's ridiculous, especially as their captain, and make sure you write that I said that!"

It can also be written that Pittsburgh didn't need Crosby to finish off the Red Wings, beating them 2-1 in Game 7 of the Stanley Cup finals without the superstar healthy enough to play for the whole game."

DHallblows
06-13-2009, 02:43 PM
"Nick was waiting and waiting, and Crosby didn't come over to shake his hand," Draper told an Associated Press reporter a couple hours later as he was leaving Joe Louis Arena. "That's ridiculous, especially as their captain, and make sure you write that I said that!"

It can also be written that Pittsburgh didn't need Crosby to finish off the Red Wings, beating them 2-1 in Game 7 of the Stanley Cup finals without the superstar healthy enough to play for the whole game."

Both are incredibly good points

Bronx33
06-13-2009, 02:46 PM
Both are incredibly good points

If your a wings fan ( sure )

DHallblows
06-13-2009, 03:09 PM
If your a wings fan ( sure )

As the exact opposite, my point still stands

Bronx33
06-13-2009, 03:11 PM
As the exact opposite, my point still stands

:spit:

SouthStndJunkie
06-13-2009, 04:24 PM
There was no reason for Crosby not to be there for the handshake....it is a time honored ritual and one of the cool traditions of hockey.

Oh well, it does not really bother me, they won the cup and it is his right to snub tradition if he so chooses.

Bronx33
06-13-2009, 04:27 PM
There was no reason for Crosby not to be there for the handshake....it is a time honored ritual and one of the cool traditions of hockey.

Oh well, it does not really bother me, they won the cup and it is his right to snub tradition if he so chooses.

sure there is he was getting pulled right and left with interviews is he suppose to keep a check list of something with the people he shook hands with? really dude ( think) it wasn't on purpose and thinking it was is flat lame.

HEAV
06-13-2009, 04:33 PM
PITTSBURGH -- County Executive Dan Onorato and Mayor Luke Ravenstahl declared Pittsburgh the "City of Champions" on Saturday, following the Penguins' Stanley Cup win on Friday night.

They also announced that a parade to honor the Penguins will be held on Monday, June 15 at noon.

The parade will start at the intersection of Grant Street and Seventh Avenue.

"No words can describe the history-making comeback achieved by our team, Ravenstahl said. "No one believed that this could be done, that we could win on the road and defy history, and that the league's youngest captain could make it happen. On Monday, let's show the world how the 'City of Champions' welcomes home their Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins."

"Monday's parade will be a great opportunity for this region to honor and celebrate this amazing Penguins team for bringing the Stanley Cup back home," Onorato said.

Hogan11
06-13-2009, 04:43 PM
Crosby is a creep and has been since day 1.

SouthStndJunkie
06-13-2009, 05:37 PM
sure there is he was getting pulled right and left with interviews is he suppose to keep a check list of something with the people he shook hands with? really dude ( think) it wasn't on purpose and thinking it was is flat lame.

You are a lot more biased than I am in your observations this series.

Bronx33
06-13-2009, 05:41 PM
You are a lot more biased than I am in your observations this series.

Biased? iam just looking at like a player on the ice it's not all cut and dry like some folks like to think manners are probably the last thing on his mind ( he just won the stanley cup):~ohyah!: .

Killericon
06-13-2009, 05:50 PM
I can't get over the delicious irony around Hossa.

chadta
06-13-2009, 05:53 PM
it's not all cut and dry like some folks like to think manners are probably the last thing on his mind

ok now i think im on record as hating cindy as much if not more then most, i mean the way the league did everything in there power to make sure he got to the cup, and then didnt suspend malkin for clearly starting a fight in the last 5 minutes of a game, and let gill play 2003 style hockey what with all the interference, and dont even get me started on the pick plays everytime anybody had the puck "cycling down low" I mean if 25 more power plays then any other team, on top of 7 in a row dont say fixed then i dont know what does, but give the guy a break, even i dont think he would ever intentionally not shake somebodys hand, its not avery were talkin bout here guys.

Hogan11
06-13-2009, 05:57 PM
ok now i think im on record as hating cindy as much if not more then most, i mean the way the league did everything in there power to make sure he got to the cup, and then didnt suspend malkin for clearly starting a fight in the last 5 minutes of a game, and let gill play 2003 style hockey what with all the interference, and dont even get me started on the pick plays everytime anybody had the puck "cycling down low" I mean if 25 more power plays then any other team, on top of 7 in a row dont say fixed then i dont know what does, but give the guy a break, even i dont think he would ever intentionally not shake somebodys hand, its not avery were talkin bout here guys.

ROFL!

Dudeskey
06-13-2009, 05:57 PM
I can't get over the delicious irony around Hossa.

Hossa's fail makes me happy...™

Bronx33
06-13-2009, 06:02 PM
Dude i saw plenty of redwings commiting blantant penalties ( uncalled ) it went both ways the wings got away with murder down low in their own zone. And for the love of god get off the guys ass at this point you and i have no clue why he didn't shake his hand ( who cares) lidstrom didn't care obviously or he would have cried to the press but sadly draper thought it was his business for some reason. But whatever you do don't cut sid any slack or give him the benifet of the doubt ( that's the flyer fan way) anyways .And please tell me how the league gave the cup to the penguins? please.

SoCalBronco
06-13-2009, 06:18 PM

Crosby didn't snub anyone. I can't believe these people. He was mobbed by the press and got to the line a little bit late, but Lidstrom and Hossa were the first two guys to get off the ice,....Sid was actually chatting it up with Franzen (im pretty sure if he wanted to snub people, he wouldn't be talking to the guy who injured him) and also Babcock.

The stupidity of the haters never ceases to amaze me.

Bronx33
06-13-2009, 06:45 PM
Crosby didn't snub anyone. I can't believe these people. He was mobbed by the press and got to the line a little bit late, but Lidstrom and Hossa were the first two guys to get off the ice,....Sid was actually chatting it up with Franzen (im pretty sure if he wanted to snub people, he wouldn't be talking to the guy who injured him) and also Babcock.

The stupidity of the haters never ceases to amaze me.

Sometimes facts get in the way of rational thought cause you hate somebody cause hes good.

SouthStndJunkie
06-13-2009, 07:46 PM
I don't hate the Penguins at all.

If they were playing anyone but the Wings, I would have been rooting for them to win.

SouthStndJunkie
06-13-2009, 07:48 PM
Sometimes facts get in the way of rational thought cause you hate somebody cause hes good.

Like you with the Red Wings?

chadta
06-14-2009, 05:10 AM
Dude i saw plenty of redwings commiting blantant penalties ( uncalled ) it went both ways the wings got away with murder down low in their own zone. And for the love of god get off the guys ass at this point you and i have no clue why he didn't shake his hand ( who cares) lidstrom didn't care obviously or he would have cried to the press but sadly draper thought it was his business for some reason. But whatever you do don't cut sid any slack or give him the benifet of the doubt ( that's the flyer fan way) anyways .And please tell me how the league gave the cup to the penguins? please.

actually i was giving him alot of slack, i dont think he did anything intentional.

and the refs actually got the call right, malkin got 5,10 and an automatic one game suspension, but in steps betman to save his master plan. Go enjoy your gift fixburg fans.

ElwayMD
06-14-2009, 06:59 AM
actually i was giving him alot of slack, i dont think he did anything intentional.

and the refs actually got the call right, malkin got 5,10 and an automatic one game suspension, but in steps betman to save his master plan. Go enjoy your gift fixburg fans.

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/282708/crying-baby-giant-eyes.jpg

Bronx33
06-14-2009, 07:40 AM
Like you with the Red Wings?

You might have to give me an example.

SouthStndJunkie
06-14-2009, 10:34 AM
You might have to give me an example.

An example that you hate the Red Wings?

You have openly admitted that fact.

Bronx33
06-14-2009, 10:44 AM
An example that you hate the Red Wings?

You have openly admitted that fact.

Ooooooo k :saywhat: glad we got that out of the way.

SouthStndJunkie
06-14-2009, 11:24 AM
Ooooooo k :saywhat: glad we got that out of the way.

Quit being obtuse.

Your original statement was: Sometimes facts get in the way of rational thought cause you hate somebody cause hes good.

My point was that your statement holds true for you as well....your hate of the Wings gets in the way of rational thought at times.

Requiem
06-14-2009, 11:45 AM
Pens rule, Wangs suck. That's all that needs to be said. Lock this mudder**** up!

alkemical
06-14-2009, 12:36 PM
cool if the nhl is fixed - we always know the caps and flyers will choke in the playoffs.

Bronx33
06-14-2009, 06:33 PM
Quit being obtuse.

Your original statement was: Sometimes facts get in the way of rational thought cause you hate somebody cause hes good.

My point was that your statement holds true for you as well....your hate of the Wings gets in the way of rational thought at times.

That's why i asked for an example ;D

SoCalBronco
06-14-2009, 09:43 PM
SI deserves an assist on this title.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3369/3592161079_642101fe1f.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y25/marchchic7/hossa_loser.jpg

"I never want to be in this picture again..........again"

24champ
06-14-2009, 10:22 PM
Congrats to the penguins fans, deserve it after doing the impossible being down 2-0 and then 3-2.

Once again the team I picked to win the cup, chokes....typical. Also glad Malkin got MVP, he's better than cindy crosby.

24champ
06-14-2009, 10:26 PM

"**** this I'm going to LA to play alongside gaborik on the kings."

:)

SoCalBronco
06-14-2009, 10:41 PM
"**** this I'm going to LA to play alongside gaborik on the kings."

:)

That would be cool. On the positive side for you, that would mean the Kings would get to the Final.

They'd end up losing to the Pens though and Hossa would be about as effective on the ice as Bob's Mom.

Again.

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs102.snc1/4559_91534794267_705494267_1783831_4176070_n.jpg

BTW congrats for your lakers title, 24.

alkemical
06-15-2009, 05:34 AM
Congrats to the penguins fans, deserve it after doing the impossible being down 2-0 and then 3-2.

Once again the team I picked to win the cup, chokes....typical. Also glad Malkin got MVP, he's better than cindy crosby.

I think you are spelling sid's name wrong, you better check the cup to make sure.

ElwayMD
06-15-2009, 06:48 AM
That would be cool. On the positive side for you, that would mean the Kings would get to the Final.

They'd end up losing to the Pens though and Hossa would be about as effective on the ice as Bob's Mom.

Again.

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs102.snc1/4559_91534794267_705494267_1783831_4176070_n.jpg

BTW congrats for your lakers title, 24.

I'm going to start trying to use "Epic Hossa" in my day to day conversations.

Smiling Assassin27
06-15-2009, 07:12 AM
Mega-props to the Pens who accomplished the toughest feat in sports--winning the Stanley Cup. Congratulations to their fans as well. The better team won, no matter what some shell shocked Wings fans say about conspiracies, refs, injuries, blah blah blah.

Time to reload in Detroit, cut some dead wood (are you listening Hossa, Chelios, Lebda, and uh, Hossa?), lock up some more core players, and take another run at this thing next season. Let's do it again, Pens fans--same time, same stakes. Enjoy the Cup.

Smiling Assassin27
06-15-2009, 07:18 AM
Here's one for Ames and his kharma kick...This is what you look like after the kharma train has just run you over.

http://cmsimg.freep.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=C4&Date=20090615&Category=COL22&ArtNo=906150353&Ref=AR&Profile=1053&MaxW=320&Border=0

ElwayMD
06-15-2009, 08:51 AM
Here's one for Ames and his kharma kick...This is what you look like after the kharma train has just run you over.

http://cmsimg.freep.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=C4&Date=20090615&Category=COL22&ArtNo=906150353&Ref=AR&Profile=1053&MaxW=320&Border=0

He really Munsoned it...

http://www.popcultmag.com/criticalmass/movies/1996/kingpin.jpg

Bronx33
06-15-2009, 12:00 PM
SI deserves an assist on this title.

"I never want to be in this picture again..........again"

Hmmmmmm this seems to be his goodbye signature move. LOL
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/ABPub/2008/06/21/2008010725.jpg

chadta
06-15-2009, 12:15 PM
i think conklin has hossa beat tho

Edmonton in 2006 - Lost in Cup Finals
Buffalo in 2007 - Lost in Conference Finals
Pittsburgh in 2008 - Lost in Cup Finals
Detroit in 2009 - Lost in Cup Finals

alkemical
06-15-2009, 12:28 PM
so conklin + hossa = fail

24champ
06-15-2009, 12:29 PM
Marc Crawford is the new coach of the Dallas Stars.

Surprised tippet got canned after the extension the Stars gave him last season.

24champ
06-15-2009, 12:32 PM
Scratch that maybe I shouldn't be surprised with that since Brett Hull is running the Stars into the ground.

Bronx33
06-15-2009, 12:37 PM
http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/765/hossaedit.jpg

SouthStndJunkie
06-16-2009, 01:43 PM
NEW YORK - Game 7 of the Stanley Cup finals was the most-watched NHL game in 36 years.

Hercules Rockefeller
06-18-2009, 06:09 PM
NHL Awards were tonight

Pearson- Ovechkin
Lady Bing- Datsyuk
Jack Adams- Claude Julien
Vezina- Tim Thomas
Norris- Chara
Hart- Ovechkin

1st Team All-NHL
Ovechkin-Malkin-Iginla
Chara-Green
Thomas

SoCalBronco
06-18-2009, 08:08 PM
Hart- Ovechkin

Wow...Geno got robbed. It's ok, he got what really matters.

Hercules Rockefeller
06-18-2009, 08:12 PM
Wow...Geno got robbed. It's ok, he got what really matters.

Robbed? It was 115 1st place votes out of 133 and 1264 to 787. Malkin wasn't even 1st on the other 18 ballots (he had 12 of them). It wasn't that close.

SoCalBronco
06-18-2009, 08:16 PM
Robbed? It was 115 1st place votes out of 133 and 1264 to 787. Malkin wasn't even 1st on the other 18 ballots (he had 12 of them). It wasn't that close.

That the reporters voted that way doesn't make any less of a robbery. He was, IMO, the best player this season and that was confirmed again in the post season (I know, I know....postseason doesn't count for the Hart).

JMO.

Hercules Rockefeller
06-18-2009, 08:27 PM
That the reporters voted that way doesn't make any less of a robbery. He was, IMO, the best player this season and that was confirmed again in the post season (I know, I know....postseason doesn't count for the Hart).

JMO.

With only 3 100-point scorers in the league, it didn't help that the other one was on Malkin's team. He probably wins if Crosby is 20-25 pts back, and not 10. 21 more goals and nearly as many 3rd period goals as Malkin had total, helped out a lot too.

alkemical
06-19-2009, 05:14 AM
Trophies are nice, but cups are better. I'm sure malkin will get the awards he wants - right now - everyone on the planet knows how good he is.

ElwayMD
06-19-2009, 06:50 AM
I'll take the cup every year and Ovie can win the Hart trophy. Great trade in my mind.

Smiling Assassin27
06-19-2009, 08:34 AM
NHL Awards were tonight

Pearson- Ovechkin
Lady Bing- Datsyuk
Jack Adams- Claude Julien
Vezina- Tim Thomas
Norris- Chara
Hart- Ovechkin

1st Team All-NHL
Ovechkin-Malkin-Iginla
Chara-Green
Thomas

you forgot the selke...datsyuk

SoCalBronco
06-19-2009, 10:08 PM
Hey 24,

Eklund reported that we are really interested in JMFJ. But I guess he is seeking huge money which we don't have and can't give.

Even though its Eklund, I don't discount that we are interested given that we're prolly going to lose Scuderi and Gill and also because JMFJ is great friends with Sid. Still, I'm not sure if I want his Dad hanging around.

24champ
06-20-2009, 01:22 AM
Hey 24,

Eklund reported that we are really interested in JMFJ. But I guess he is seeking huge money which we don't have and can't give.

Even though its Eklund, I don't discount that we are interested given that we're prolly going to lose Scuderi and Gill and also because JMFJ is great friends with Sid. Still, I'm not sure if I want his Dad hanging around.

JMFJ + Moller + 5th overall pick and 2010 1st for Malkin + Bag of pucks...

chadta
06-20-2009, 04:49 AM
Hey 24,

his dads as bad as lindros'