PDA

View Full Version : 2009 NHL Playoffs thread.

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

SouthStndJunkie
05-18-2009, 11:51 AM
Hey! havent been online for the weekend.
congrats to the wingies! great series.

Thanks....it was an epic series.

SoCalBronco
05-18-2009, 11:07 PM
http://www.urnerhof.ch/FlowerPowerLeipzig.jpg

alkemical
05-19-2009, 06:52 AM
Wow, glad the pens hold on to win. Cooke had a dirty hit IMO on cole.

Smiling Assassin27
05-19-2009, 08:43 AM
Back when the Pens signed Satan to a minor league contract, I already saw him up with the big club for playoff time. Dude's got a knack, I'll say that. I'd be shocked if the Canes find a way to win this series, as Malkin looks fresh this year, which will make all the difference.

BroncoFanatic
05-19-2009, 08:56 AM
Back when the Pens signed Satan to a minor league contract, I already saw him up with the big club for playoff time. Dude's got a knack, I'll say that. I'd be shocked if the Canes find a way to win this series, as Malkin looks fresh this year, which will make all the difference.

Satan's been invisible for the most part, but definately showed up for last night's game. I agree with you on Malkin, I was down on him for last year not being a factor in the playoffs, but he has stepped up this year.

ElwayMD
05-19-2009, 10:42 AM
The second goal shouldn't have been a goal. Staal clearly brushed Fluerys stick away from the goal. Didn't like the fact that the Pens didn't bring the same energy in the second period that they did in the first, but a win is a win.

alkemical
05-19-2009, 11:13 AM
Satan's been invisible for the most part, but definately showed up for last night's game. I agree with you on Malkin, I was down on him for last year not being a factor in the playoffs, but he has stepped up this year.

That's sorta my beef with Malkin. I keep wondering if he's mr. regular season but not mr playoff. He had a few big games, but when he's off, he's way off.

alkemical
05-19-2009, 11:14 AM
The second goal shouldn't have been a goal. Staal clearly brushed Fluerys stick away from the goal. Didn't like the fact that the Pens didn't bring the same energy in the second period that they did in the first, but a win is a win.

I was listening to the radio, i forget which pen it was - but they even commented on how they are happy they got the win, but they fell asleep and let CAR back in it.

This has sort of been an issue for the pens all year. They don't always "finish" a team off when they can.

I'm happy they got the win, but they will have to play much better to close this series out.

gyldenlove
05-19-2009, 11:21 AM
I worry about Malkin, he has 10 even strength points and is still -1 in +/-, his faceoff % is quite bad and for someone who plays as much as he does, he takes very few faceoffs. His defensive play isn't as solid as it was in the regular season either, his takeaways and hits are way down.

On the other hand Crosby looks like a beast, he seems to have taken charge.

Smiling Assassin27
05-19-2009, 11:26 AM
I worry about Malkin, he has 10 even strength points and is still -1 in +/-, his faceoff % is quite bad and for someone who plays as much as he does, he takes very few faceoffs. His defensive play isn't as solid as it was in the regular season either, his takeaways and hits are way down.

I agree. I haven't seen but a handful of Pens playoff games, but he does seem to be skating this year, whereas last year it was obvious that he was gassed from his lollygagging.

alkemical
05-19-2009, 11:29 AM

I know, i read where he states he's pacing himself - so maybe he's on an every other night schedule ;)

As far as Crosby. I'm happy he's growing up, and doesn't yap and whine so much. His work ethic and determination great. He's the most gifted grinder i've ever seen play the game.

SouthStndJunkie
05-19-2009, 05:40 PM
Time for Game 2....let's go Wings!

SouthStndJunkie
05-19-2009, 06:30 PM
Wings/Blackhawks tied up 1-1 after the 1st period.

SouthStndJunkie
05-19-2009, 07:03 PM
Dan Cleary with another playoff goal.

2-1 Detroit with 5:54 left in the 2nd period.

Cleary +14 in the playoffs right now.

SouthStndJunkie
05-19-2009, 07:48 PM
Chicago ties the game up 2-2.

SouthStndJunkie
05-19-2009, 09:18 PM
Wings win 3-2 in OT on Mikael Samuelsson's goal.

How bout them Wings!

KillerBronco#76
05-19-2009, 10:14 PM
Seems like it's going to be a damn good series between the hawks and wings if the hawks learn from every game. Pretty evenly matched with both teams dominating at times. Wings passing is incredible the Hawks have been getting beat the same way all playoffs they turn a good offensive chance for themselves into a great offensive chance for their opponents. Detroit isn't letting them get away with it though, they have the speed to make them pay. The wings have the speed the hawks are dominating physically they need to play smarter though.
If you look at detroit they always have perfect spacing... the hawks tend to clump together sometimes bringing an extra defender to the puck. They need to play smarter if they want to win but played much better than game 1. They didn't look nearly as confused. Just made a couple mistakes when detroit didn't make any...

SoCalBronco
05-19-2009, 10:32 PM

Geno is doing fine. He's got like 22 points. He's been playing with **** on his line all year, though. Sykora went to absolute **** the last few months and hasn't even been in the lineup for a couple weeks. I'm glad Satan is finally pulling his weight, though.

Broncojef
05-19-2009, 10:35 PM
Wings win 3-2 in OT on Mikael Samuelsson's goal.

How bout them Wings!

Thank the good Lord for our third line...Hossa, Datsyuk and Homer can't buy a goal right now. If our stars ever start performing we will be scary. I hope Babs swaps the lines around this is getting ridiculous.

SouthStndJunkie
05-20-2009, 01:17 AM
Thank the good Lord for our third line...Hossa, Datsyuk and Homer can't buy a goal right now. If our stars ever start performing we will be scary. I hope Babs swaps the lines around this is getting ridiculous.

Yep....the yeoman on the team have come through in the clutch.

The stars will step up at some point and time and score some clutch goals in this series.

alkemical
05-20-2009, 06:19 AM
Geno is doing fine. He's got like 22 points. He's been playing with **** on his line all year, though. Sykora went to absolute **** the last few months and hasn't even been in the lineup for a couple weeks. I'm glad Satan is finally pulling his weight, though.

Well, that's the difference with Sid & Geno too... I think Geno can pretty much play with anybody - where it seems crosby needs a right mix of people.

I agree - sykora has been horrid. he's not back next year. Pretty sure Satan won't be back either. (I could be wrong, but i don't see them spending the jack on him - for his production.)

Kunitz can score anytime now... I do like talbot getting time with Malkin.

I do like our third line - although - sometimes i wish staal would rotate with malkin & crosby at times.

gyldenlove
05-20-2009, 08:25 AM
Well, that's the difference with Sid & Geno too... I think Geno can pretty much play with anybody - where it seems crosby needs a right mix of people.

I agree - sykora has been horrid. he's not back next year. Pretty sure Satan won't be back either. (I could be wrong, but i don't see them spending the jack on him - for his production.)

Kunitz can score anytime now... I do like talbot getting time with Malkin.

I do like our third line - although - sometimes i wish staal would rotate with malkin & crosby at times.

It will be interesting to see if they are going to add a scoring winger for one of their centers or if they are going to keep trying to plug over the hill players in there.

alkemical
05-20-2009, 08:34 AM
It will be interesting to see if they are going to add a scoring winger for one of their centers or if they are going to keep trying to plug over the hill players in there.

I like the way shero has managed the team so far. he doesn't over react and just try to get someone - just to get them. He did try to sign hossa to a 7yr deal, so it's not like he hasn't tried to make moves of the sort.

I do think part of the blue print is to get grizzled vets who are physical and can put a few in the net. Roberts, Guerin, etc. They did try to get some second tier guys, some with success - some not.

But i like the fact Shero hasn't just made a hurried trade. The core of this team is what is also carrying them to the playoffs. So there is a need for some better wingers, but with the cap - you have to either draft them, or find role players that have good chemistry/compliments to what you are building around.

The trade that brought kunitz and tangardi (prospect) was a good move. I would have like a late round draft pick from ANA thrown in as well... but a top 6 fwd and a "promising" prospect wasn't a bad trade.

I don't think sykora, satan will be back - that there is 5mil. I do think that this is Gonch's last year on his deal - if so, and he is resigned - i don't think the pens will give him $5mil/yr again.

I do think there will be some cash that they can use to go for some FA's - but unless there is a guy shero really likes - he won't panic just to make a move. Hence picking up kunitz and guerin via a trade later in the season.

I don't really have a problem with how Shero is running the team thus far. I did have a bitch fest about it earlier but i think i understand how he is working the team now - and i think it's a solid direction.

gyldenlove
05-20-2009, 08:42 AM
I like the way shero has managed the team so far. he doesn't over react and just try to get someone - just to get them. He did try to sign hossa to a 7yr deal, so it's not like he hasn't tried to make moves of the sort.

I do think part of the blue print is to get grizzled vets who are physical and can put a few in the net. Roberts, Guerin, etc. They did try to get some second tier guys, some with success - some not.

But i like the fact Shero hasn't just made a hurried trade. The core of this team is what is also carrying them to the playoffs. So there is a need for some better wingers, but with the cap - you have to either draft them, or find role players that have good chemistry/compliments to what you are building around.

The trade that brought kunitz and tangardi (prospect) was a good move. I would have like a late round draft pick from ANA thrown in as well... but a top 6 fwd and a "promising" prospect wasn't a bad trade.

I don't think sykora, satan will be back - that there is 5mil. I do think that this is Gonch's last year on his deal - if so, and he is resigned - i don't think the pens will give him $5mil/yr again.

I do think there will be some cash that they can use to go for some FA's - but unless there is a guy shero really likes - he won't panic just to make a move. Hence picking up kunitz and guerin via a trade later in the season.

I don't really have a problem with how Shero is running the team thus far. I did have a b**** fest about it earlier but i think i understand how he is working the team now - and i think it's a solid direction.

I am not sure I would call Kunitz a top 6 guy, with the right center he can be a good winger, but he is not going to create a lot on his own.

They did try to sign Hossa and got burned, I wonder if they will try again this summer or if they put him behind them.

Shero is definitely sticking with the plan, the only thing I don't like about that plan is that it has involved fairly significant trade deadline trades 2 consecutive years, and sooner or later you will lose big when you pull those trades, we saw how much the Hossa trade cost because they couldn't resign him.

I believe they should go for a younger guy who would settle for 3-4 million, if Boston wants to get rid of Ryder he could be an option, he would come cheap, you could probably get a decent prospect or a good pick for a cheaper player going the other way. The other option is to get a Mikael Samuelson or Dan Cleary, a guy who is trying to pick up his career again but is not old.

alkemical
05-20-2009, 08:51 AM
I am not sure I would call Kunitz a top 6 guy, with the right center he can be a good winger, but he is not going to create a lot on his own.

They did try to sign Hossa and got burned, I wonder if they will try again this summer or if they put him behind them.

Shero is definitely sticking with the plan, the only thing I don't like about that plan is that it has involved fairly significant trade deadline trades 2 consecutive years, and sooner or later you will lose big when you pull those trades, we saw how much the Hossa trade cost because they couldn't resign him.

I believe they should go for a younger guy who would settle for 3-4 million, if Boston wants to get rid of Ryder he could be an option, he would come cheap, you could probably get a decent prospect or a good pick for a cheaper player going the other way. The other option is to get a Mikael Samuelson or Dan Cleary, a guy who is trying to pick up his career again but is not old.

They did get burned with Hossa, but it wasn't for not trying. Shero can't be held against what someone didn't do. Rumor was a 7yr-56mil deal. ****, what else can you do?

I'd rate kunitz a top 6 fwd - due to his all around game. He works the boards, he plays hard in front of the net - he's a 20G guy. He's also got a few years left on his deal at like 3, or 3.5mil. Which - fits the bill of what you think he should do. ;)

The pens actually have a glut of Dmen in the system. Gologiski, Lovejoy are two that i think will start getting some serious time in the NHL.

I don't think Gill will be back unless he takes a pay cut either. Shero's plan isn't bad IMO. They also will have a 1st, 2nd, 3rd round pick this year. If he can find someone he likes in the offseason and it works - i doubt you'll see trade deadline moves for "larger" pieces of the team.

gyldenlove
05-20-2009, 09:13 AM
They did get burned with Hossa, but it wasn't for not trying. Shero can't be held against what someone didn't do. Rumor was a 7yr-56mil deal. ****, what else can you do?

I'd rate kunitz a top 6 fwd - due to his all around game. He works the boards, he plays hard in front of the net - he's a 20G guy. He's also got a few years left on his deal at like 3, or 3.5mil. Which - fits the bill of what you think he should do. ;)

The pens actually have a glut of Dmen in the system. Gologiski, Lovejoy are two that i think will start getting some serious time in the NHL.

I don't think Gill will be back unless he takes a pay cut either. Shero's plan isn't bad IMO. They also will have a 1st, 2nd, 3rd round pick this year. If he can find someone he likes in the offseason and it works - i doubt you'll see trade deadline moves for "larger" pieces of the team.

Gill needs to be gone, he doesn't fit the rest of the team. I think it is fine to have a big body on the D, but you need someone more mobil than Gill. If the mob dumped him in the Hudson they wouldn't need to put concrete on his feet, he would get dragged down naturally.

The Pens are in pretty good shape, they should have about 8 mill to spend under the cap once Goligoski and Lovejoy are signed and included. They would need 1 or 2 d-men and 3 or 4 forwards including 2 wingers to play in the top 6 and a backup goalie.

For arguments sake, lets say they can get Conklin back for less than 1 mill (not unlikely). That would leave them about 7 mill to get a veteran D-man and a couple of decent wingers and some scrubs. Definitely doable, they could probably add a guy like Ryder in a trade or maybe a Kovalev if they want to take the chance, with a good 2-way playmaking center like Crosby he could be a 40 goal scorer.

alkemical
05-20-2009, 10:24 AM
Gill needs to be gone, he doesn't fit the rest of the team. I think it is fine to have a big body on the D, but you need someone more mobil than Gill. If the mob dumped him in the Hudson they wouldn't need to put concrete on his feet, he would get dragged down naturally.

The Pens are in pretty good shape, they should have about 8 mill to spend under the cap once Goligoski and Lovejoy are signed and included. They would need 1 or 2 d-men and 3 or 4 forwards including 2 wingers to play in the top 6 and a backup goalie.

For arguments sake, lets say they can get Conklin back for less than 1 mill (not unlikely). That would leave them about 7 mill to get a veteran D-man and a couple of decent wingers and some scrubs. Definitely doable, they could probably add a guy like Ryder in a trade or maybe a Kovalev if they want to take the chance, with a good 2-way playmaking center like Crosby he could be a 40 goal scorer.

I don't know if Kovie will get signed due to the money he'll want compared to how old he is, etc.

I'm fine with how the pens are setup. We need a few good drafts and hopefully we'll get a system setup like the wings.

gyldenlove
05-20-2009, 11:09 AM
I don't know if Kovie will get signed due to the money he'll want compared to how old he is, etc.

I'm fine with how the pens are setup. We need a few good drafts and hopefully we'll get a system setup like the wings.

I don't think there will much market for Kovie this year, very few teams can fit a player like him into their setup. Unless a KHL team comes up with a huge contract for him, I think he can be had relatively cheap when he realizes the market isn't there.

alkemical
05-20-2009, 01:05 PM
I don't think there will much market for Kovie this year, very few teams can fit a player like him into their setup. Unless a KHL team comes up with a huge contract for him, I think he can be had relatively cheap when he realizes the market isn't there.

I just think pitt had his best days... ;)

I like some of the old grizzled N.A. styled vets. I think that grit is important. Not to mention, if you are looking at someone playing with Crosby - he's basically a grinder - i think some PWF's would do him better...

You know...

like trade for shane doan... ;)

alkemical
05-21-2009, 12:39 PM
go pens!

gyldenlove
05-21-2009, 12:44 PM
The question, is this going to be a replay of the 2002 or 2008 Stanley Cup Final?

alkemical
05-21-2009, 12:55 PM
The question, is this going to be a replay of the 2002 or 2008 Stanley Cup Final?

Pens aren't the same as last year. They won't be shell shocked and just give 2 games up.

24champ
05-21-2009, 12:59 PM

Kings will get a superstar this summer, either going to get Vinny Lecavalier (who the Lightning want to dump his salary) and trade Jack Johnson and picks for Vinny. Same goes for Kovie.

We could also sign someone like Hossa AND Gaborik.

alkemical
05-21-2009, 01:22 PM
Kings will get a superstar this summer, either going to get Vinny Lecavalier (who the Lightning want to dump his salary) and trade Jack Johnson and picks for Vinny. Same goes for Kovie.

I'd like the pens to sign jay boumeister...

gyldenlove
05-21-2009, 01:28 PM

The Kings would be a solid fit for Hossa. They need someone who has good playoff experience and a good work ethic who will play 2-way hockey. The worst thing they could do is bring in a guy like Gaborik or Kovie.

Lecavalier would be a good option too if they can figure out a trade for him. The Sedin twins would work as well.

The Kings have about 16 mill in cap space if they don't resign Jack Johnson. They can move Preissing and Hickey up which would leave them with a decent defense and about 13 million in cap space. For 13 million they can get both Sedins (should cost about 5-5.5 each) and with the rest of the money they can go after Nikolai Khabibulin. They can let another team sign Johnson to a tender and just take the draft picks.

That would give them a first line with both Sedins and Dustin Brown and a second line with Kopitar, Frolov and Mollar and a third line with Handzus, Stoll and Simmonds. Their D pairings would be Doughty and Quincy, Preissing and Greene and Hickey with O'donnell.

That would be a pretty good team, you get a good 2-way line to match up against Getzlaf and Thornton in the Sedin line, you get a good young point scoring line who can avoid that 1st vs 1st matchup in the Kopitar line and you get an experienced goalie who can teach the young guys how to do it.

24champ
05-21-2009, 03:04 PM
The Kings would be a solid fit for Hossa. They need someone who has good playoff experience and a good work ethic who will play 2-way hockey. The worst thing they could do is bring in a guy like Gaborik or Kovie.

Agreed on Hossa, and I like Vinny for the same reason as well, don't like his contract. I disagree on Gaborik and Kovie, those two guys I would welcome to LA. Gaborik is the big left wing shot we need so badly. We don't have much scoring punch and depth. Right now, according to my sources in the Kings organization, Dean Lombardi and the rest of the front office are debating whether it's time to pull the trigger and trade assets for accomplished stars. I also wonder if AEG will sign off on these moves, they have been operating cheap lately. AEG has been making solid profit under Dean Lombardi.

The Kings have about 16 mill in cap space if they don't resign Jack Johnson. They can move Preissing and Hickey up which would leave them with a decent defense and about 13 million in cap space. For 13 million they can get both Sedins (should cost about 5-5.5 each) and with the rest of the money they can go after Nikolai Khabibulin. They can let another team sign Johnson to a tender and just take the draft picks.

Sedins are another option, but I think Vancouver is going to resign them. I highly doubt they end up in LA. If we are going to sign two players of that stature, then it's going to be Hossa and Gaborik. Gaborik has been rumored to want to play in LA and also been rumored that Hossa signed that one year deal with the Red Wings so he can be a UFA with Gaborik. I think it's a likely destination for both...but Eklund pretty much jinxed that one. Said Gaborik has a 90 percent chance to be a King.

Kabibulin is not coming to LA, we are fine at Goaltending. Jonathan Quick was solid for us under his first year. We should also start seeing Jonathan Bernier in a Kings uniform more often next season. Erik Ersberg is a solid backup.

That would give them a first line with both Sedins and Dustin Brown and a second line with Kopitar, Frolov and Mollar and a third line with Handzus, Stoll and Simmonds. Their D pairings would be Doughty and Quincy, Preissing and Greene and Hickey with O'donnell.

Preissing isn't going to be in a King uni next season. Book it, Drewiske will probably take his spot.

That would be a pretty good team, you get a good 2-way line to match up against Getzlaf and Thornton in the Sedin line, you get a good young point scoring line who can avoid that 1st vs 1st matchup in the Kopitar line and you get an experienced goalie who can teach the young guys how to do it.

I think if we get a centre like Vinny, Kopi is headed to the second line. We need to find a way to take the pressure off Kopi. At the same time Kopi needs to get his ass in gear this offseason and work his ass off during conditioning this offseason.

ElwayMD
05-21-2009, 07:16 PM
About damn time Kunitz got a goal!

gyldenlove
05-21-2009, 07:29 PM
Sedins are another option, but I think Vancouver is going to resign them. I highly doubt they end up in LA. If we are going to sign two players of that stature, then it's going to be Hossa and Gaborik. Gaborik has been rumored to want to play in LA and also been rumored that Hossa signed that one year deal with the Red Wings so he can be a UFA with Gaborik. I think it's a likely destination for both...but Eklund pretty much jinxed that one. Said Gaborik has a 90 percent chance to be a King.

Kabibulin is not coming to LA, we are fine at Goaltending. Jonathan Quick was solid for us under his first year. We should also start seeing Jonathan Bernier in a Kings uniform more often next season. Erik Ersberg is a solid backup.

I am not sold on Gaborik to a team of relatively young forwards, he is just not defensive aware is going to put a lot of pressure on his center to be very conservative.

Gaborik needs to play with either a genuine 2-way guy like Brind'amour used to be and Fedorov used to be, like Mike Richards, Pavel Datsyuk, Jonathan Toews or Scott Gomez, if you put him with a guy like Kopitar they will score tons of goals, but they will get matched up against top lines all season long because defensively they are going to be so vulnerable.

There have just been way too many 1-hit wonders at goalie for me to trust a young goalie with 1 good year. Just ask pretty much every single Nashville goalie. I would prefer to have an older guy on a short contract to rotate with Quick to see if he is ready.

SoCalBronco
05-21-2009, 10:29 PM
Geno!

ElwayMD
05-22-2009, 06:14 AM
For everyone who was waiting for Geno to take over a playoff game, there it was. Good lord his last goal was just sick too!

alkemical
05-22-2009, 07:03 AM
Word, i will give up the applause for him. WOW. Just WOW.

Smiling Assassin27
05-22-2009, 08:29 AM
For everyone who was waiting for Geno to take over a playoff game, there it was. Good lord his last goal was just sick too!

Props to Malkin, but look at the defensive effort and you'll see that the Hurricanes gave him free reign in the slot. Those goals were results of complete defensive meltdowns. The third one was a mixture of defensive lapse and unique, head-shaking skill.

gyldenlove
05-22-2009, 08:56 AM
Props to Malkin, but look at the defensive effort and you'll see that the Hurricanes gave him free reign in the slot. Those goals were results of complete defensive meltdowns. The third one was a mixture of defensive lapse and unique, head-shaking skill.

The third one was a goalie drop, why he doesn't cover his post only the lord knows. Excellent skill by Malkin though.

alkemical
05-22-2009, 09:11 AM
talent in the NHL is getting better and better. Lots of these young guys are coming in so much more ahead of schedule.

gyldenlove
05-22-2009, 09:40 AM
talent in the NHL is getting better and better. Lots of these young guys are coming in so much more ahead of schedule.

Definitely, which is why we don't need contraction.

alkemical
05-22-2009, 10:10 AM
Definitely, which is why we don't need contraction.

Hmm, i'm sorta torn on that.

ElwayMD
05-22-2009, 12:58 PM

The good teams take advantage of defensive lapses. Hence the 6 goals.

gyldenlove
05-22-2009, 01:05 PM
Hmm, i'm sorta torn on that.

Right now there are to my count 3 genuinely bad teams in the league (Islanders, Maple Leafs and Thrashers). All three teams are largely devoid of significant talent.

The Coyotes, Avalanche, Lightning and Kings all have good young talent that could very quickly get the teams into the playoffs with the right coach and an infusion of experience.

alkemical
05-22-2009, 01:10 PM
Right now there are to my count 3 genuinely bad teams in the league (Islanders, Maple Leafs and Thrashers). All three teams are largely devoid of significant talent.

The Coyotes, Avalanche, Lightning and Kings all have good young talent that could very quickly get the teams into the playoffs with the right coach and an infusion of experience.

i wouldn't put the avs on that list. until their management and culture change, they'll just trade them...

PHX should move - you cant have hockey in the desert.

Smiling Assassin27
05-22-2009, 03:24 PM
let's get game 3 tonight and get q's mind on golf...

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/7768/hawksfortuneteller.jpg

24champ
05-22-2009, 05:41 PM
Keenan got ****canned by the Flames.

Next stop for Keenan on the Coach every team in the NHL tour... the Avalanche! LOL

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/ap/20090522/capt.3ef63f6aa20a4257b4a6bedf736c37b8.flames_keena n_fired_hockey_cpt104.jpg

Bronx33
05-22-2009, 05:53 PM
I never liked keenan.

Bronx33
05-22-2009, 06:28 PM
2-0 Hawks

maher_tyler
05-22-2009, 06:28 PM
2-0 Hawks

**** yea...**** the wings!!

Bronx33
05-22-2009, 06:36 PM
kronwall is a punk...

maher_tyler
05-22-2009, 06:47 PM
kronwall is a punk...

Yea i cant stand him..always does that ****!! I'd make me feel a lot better if someone did that to him!!

Bronx33
05-22-2009, 06:54 PM
Yea i cant stand him..always does that ****!! I'd make me feel a lot better if someone did that to him!!

Havlet was just screening the puck along the boards so it would go out of the the zone and kronwall puts his shoulder right in the side of his coconut it wasn't dirty but it was cheap.

Bronx33
05-22-2009, 07:08 PM
3-0 hawks! osgood thought blocker butttt nooooooo it went 5 hole.

Bronx33
05-22-2009, 07:15 PM
The bulin wall is in effect..

Smiling Assassin27
05-22-2009, 07:19 PM
does the word 'traveshamockery' mean anything to you? 25 PIM to 4 for Chicago. what a joke--that is all.

Bronx33
05-22-2009, 07:23 PM
does the word 'traveshamockery' mean anything to you? 25 PIM to 4 for Chicago. what a joke--that is all.

Dude your boys are playing undisciplined hockey ( it happens)

Bronx33
05-22-2009, 07:35 PM
ehhhh

Bronx33
05-22-2009, 07:43 PM
Is it time to post now SA?

Bronx33
05-22-2009, 07:45 PM
damn the palistinians brought the heat and the hawks folded.

SouthStndJunkie
05-22-2009, 07:48 PM
**** yea...**** the wings!!

Better check the score now....all tied up.

Let's go Wings!

Bronx33
05-22-2009, 07:48 PM

Let's go Wings!

where you been?

SouthStndJunkie
05-22-2009, 07:49 PM
where you been?

Changing diapers and feeding formula to a 3 week old.

Like I would duck out because of the score.

SouthStndJunkie
05-22-2009, 07:50 PM
I don't duck and hide because of the score of a game.

Look at my previous posts during games when Detroit was losing.

Bronx33
05-22-2009, 08:04 PM
Changing diapers and feeding formula to a 3 week old.

Like I would duck out because of the score.

Ya my kid use to full his diapers at odd times too.

SouthStndJunkie
05-22-2009, 08:11 PM
Ya my kid use to full his diapers at odd times too.

Piss off....I am not going to argue with you about something stupid.

I will be here if Chicago takes the lead and wins.

I posted plenty when Anaheim was beating Detroit last series.

Bronx33
05-22-2009, 08:13 PM
Piss off....I am not going to argue with you about something stupid.

I will be here if Chicago takes the lead and wins.

I posted plenty when Anaheim was beating Detroit last series.

what?

SouthStndJunkie
05-22-2009, 08:14 PM
what?

What are you getting at?

Bronx33
05-22-2009, 08:20 PM
What are you getting at?

Ummmmm nothing....

SouthStndJunkie
05-22-2009, 08:27 PM
By the sounds of it, the Wings have been crapping in your diaper.

maher_tyler
05-22-2009, 08:27 PM

Let's go Wings!

I see that..if you can't win after being up 3-0 in the playoffs you just dont deserve it!!

SouthStndJunkie
05-22-2009, 08:28 PM
I see that..if you can't win after being up 3-0 in the playoffs you just dont deserve it!!

The Blackhawks could still very easily take this game.

SouthStndJunkie
05-22-2009, 08:43 PM
Going to overtime.

SouthStndJunkie
05-22-2009, 09:02 PM
Blackhawks win in OT.

They came out flying around for the start of overtime.

gyldenlove
05-22-2009, 09:44 PM

Holy crap, that 1st period was so badly officiated it reminded me of the 2007 WC final with Anaheim.

Kid A
05-22-2009, 10:11 PM
I have to admit, I thought Chicago was dead after blowing that lead. Props to them for keeping their composure in the 3rd and finding a way to get the must win. This is an entertaining match-up with a nice amount of bad blood between the sides. I'd love to see it go 6 or 7.

Broncojef
05-22-2009, 10:19 PM
Not sure what else Chicago needed to be handed the victory Double Minors, majors, ejections on good hits, at home, Datsyuk and Kronwall out...merry christmas Chicago...good grief.

SoCalBronco
05-23-2009, 06:18 PM
It's the Sid and Geno show so far in Carolina.

Maybe we'll actually be able to take down Detroit this year, who knows.

SoCalBronco
05-23-2009, 06:33 PM
Hey 24, what's this I hear about JMFJ's dad trying to get JMFJ to play in the Russia next year?

SoCalBronco
05-23-2009, 07:05 PM
It didn't result in a goal, but that was beautiful puck possession by Crosby, Kunitz and Guerin. They were just skating around the Carolina defense time and again.

SouthStndJunkie
05-24-2009, 11:33 AM
Sucks that the Wings/Blackhawks are on at 3 pm (Eastern)....I prefer evening/night games.

SouthStndJunkie
05-24-2009, 02:46 PM
Wings kicking some Blackhawk ass today....5-1 in the 2nd period.

Bronx33
05-24-2009, 02:56 PM
Sucks that the Wings/Blackhawks are on at 3 pm (Eastern)....I prefer evening/night games.

Ya it sucks all the games should be on at the same time and non of this early BS for TV ratings.

SouthStndJunkie
05-24-2009, 03:43 PM
Zetterberg scores....6-1 Wings.

SouthStndJunkie
05-24-2009, 03:45 PM
Ya it sucks all the games should be on at the same time and non of this early BS for TV ratings.

It blows even more for you....1 pm start.

SouthStndJunkie
05-24-2009, 04:02 PM
Detroit takes a commanding 3 games to 1 game lead in the series over Chicago.

gyldenlove
05-24-2009, 05:03 PM
I believe that is what you call being home-schooled.

Red Wings completely dominate the Hawks despite being without a Norris trophy candidate and a Hart trophy candidate.

Bronx33
05-24-2009, 05:54 PM
Typical quinneville coached team sure he did great with a buttload of young talent but the guy doesn't have the killer instinct and folds when it gets tough ( hope iam wrong) cause a hate the ****** wings with a deep dark passion forged from the depths of hell and wish them all the worst ( they are the oakland raiders of the NHL). :kiss:

JCMElway
05-24-2009, 06:10 PM
Detroit takes a commanding 3 games to 1 game lead in the series over Chicago.

Damn right southstnd! LET'S GO RED WINGS!!!!!

gyldenlove
05-24-2009, 06:34 PM
The officiating in game 4 was even worse than in game 3. They gave a number of arbitrary penalties early on and late on it seemed like they applied a mercy rule that let the Hawks get away with quite a few things. Also some quite weird game misconducts that Eager and Versteeg got, I don't think I have ever seen misconducts for running the mouth.

SouthStndJunkie
05-24-2009, 08:13 PM
It was nice to see Marian Hossa get it going with a pair of goals and an assist today.

24champ
05-24-2009, 10:49 PM
Hey 24, what's this I hear about JMFJ's dad trying to get JMFJ to play in the Russia next year?

JMFJ Dad is quickly becoming Carl Lindros and anyone that knows what I am talking about knows that it's not a compliment.

I don't like how the situation is unfolding, and I am sticking with whatever the Kings do in this one. Jack has no recourse as a RFA, we hold his rights for several years. Also his Dad is an idiot by calling the KHL team (Which is tampering btw since Jack is under contract till July).

I'm hearing a lot of trade talk with JMFJ, and I think Dean is ready to acquire a stud/scorer/superstar what have you. I keep hearing Vinny Lecavalier is coming to LA, while I sure don't like his contract...what we give away to TB won't be a whole lot because of that. I think Dean is going to wait and see what happens with FA's before we pull the trigger on Vinny, which is a giant risk.

24champ
05-24-2009, 11:22 PM
It's the Sid and Geno show so far in Carolina.

http://a323.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_sports_nhl_experts__32/ept_sports_nhl_experts-175776455-1242946796.jpg?ymtD3SBDOgN0ARXQ

SouthStndJunkie
05-25-2009, 01:31 AM
bwahaha....

Quenneville chose to protect his players in front of the media Sunday, instead of pointing out their shortcomings. So he made the on-ice officials the target of his ire. A roughing penalty to Matt Walker at the first-period buzzer led to Filppula's power-play goal early in the second period. Game over.

"Well, I think we witnessed probably the worst call in the history of sports today at the end of the first period there, a nothing play," Quenneville said. "You know, they score, it's 3-0, they ruin a good hockey game. They absolutely destroyed what was going on on the ice."

He later added: "They ruined the whole game. I think that's basically the gist of what I'm trying to say."

gyldenlove
05-25-2009, 07:37 AM
bwahaha....

Quenneville chose to protect his players in front of the media Sunday, instead of pointing out their shortcomings. So he made the on-ice officials the target of his ire. A roughing penalty to Matt Walker at the first-period buzzer led to Filppula's power-play goal early in the second period. Game over.

"Well, I think we witnessed probably the worst call in the history of sports today at the end of the first period there, a nothing play," Quenneville said. "You know, they score, it's 3-0, they ruin a good hockey game. They absolutely destroyed what was going on on the ice."

He later added: "They ruined the whole game. I think that's basically the gist of what I'm trying to say."

There no doubt that the reason they got humiliated at home was that call.

The refs did have a bad game, but blaming a 6-1 schooling that could have been worse on one bad call is just sad.

Smiling Assassin27
05-26-2009, 10:54 AM
i think we know what we can expect from a quennville coached team should the wings get the lead early. if you recall, the blues under q gooned it up with intent to injure when the wings had salted away their series a few years back. also, in colorado, the avs tried the same thing once the wings had made game 4 a laugher last year.

Some comic relief...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNj5MGCmP8Y

24champ
05-26-2009, 11:40 AM
i think we know what we can expect from a quennville coached team should the wings get the lead early. if you recall, the blues under q gooned it up with intent to injure when the wings had salted away their series a few years back. also, in colorado, the avs tried the same thing once the wings had made game 4 a laugher last year.

Some comic relief...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNj5MGCmP8Y

Q IMO is the most overrated coach in the NHL.

Smiling Assassin27
05-26-2009, 12:25 PM

Q and Ron Wilson get my vote.

Bronx33
05-26-2009, 12:35 PM

Totally agree..

gyldenlove
05-26-2009, 12:46 PM

Mike Keenan. Aside from one good year in New York where he rode a really skilled team to success he has been crap. He has alienated so many players and only 1 of the teams he ever coached got significantly better during his stint there (Chicago).

alkemical
05-26-2009, 01:01 PM
speaking of coaches...

if you have a young club - Michele Therrian wasn't bad for the pens - they out grew him - but he did a good job teaching the team different aspects of being a pro.

ElwayMD
05-26-2009, 01:03 PM
speaking of coaches...

if you have a young club - Michele Therrian wasn't bad for the pens - they out grew him - but he did a good job teaching the team different aspects of being a pro.

He was the Pens training wheels Hilarious!

alkemical
05-26-2009, 01:15 PM
He was the Pens training wheels Hilarious!

Certain coaches IMO are good for what they are and what they do. Sometimes you need a coaching change to get over the hump, or by the progression of your team.

I think therrian was a great fit and got the young guys to the first SCF.... He got the talented guys to buy into playing solid two way games....

gyldenlove
05-26-2009, 01:24 PM
Certain coaches IMO are good for what they are and what they do. Sometimes you need a coaching change to get over the hump, or by the progression of your team.

I think therrian was a great fit and got the young guys to the first SCF.... He got the talented guys to buy into playing solid two way games....

Therrien was a good fit for the young Pens but ran out of luck.

Judging their return to form you can't discount Gonchar coming back from injury and acquiring Kunitz and Guerin who added some size to that team. It is not all Bylsma.

To have success you always need a certain type of coach, the way Lemaire had success in Minnesota and Hitchcock in Columbus with lesser talent because they play strong systems that are designed to compensate for lack of offensive talent. On the other hand with a team like Boston or Pittsburgh you need to open up the offense and accept that the opposition will score some goals.

Very few coaches can play a tight defensive system without choking the offensive talent, Bowman was one of them, Babcock is another, Randy Carlyle can do it too. They allow for players to jump up on the play and expose the back end at times, but also run very strong team defenses with an emphasis on back checking.

24champ
05-26-2009, 01:27 PM

Throw in Andy Murray (coached the Kings and now the Blues) as well.

gyldenlove
05-26-2009, 01:31 PM
I just want to bring it back to players for a bit. In game 4 of the WC finals, I know Filppula and Hossa both played their best game of the playoffs so far, but honestly, Zetterberg was more impressive.

I know that Chicago kept Toews away from Zetterberg, but it just seemed to me that every time he was on the ice he was moving the puck up the ice and forcing the play deep in the Hawks zone. He dominated the faceoff circle, played extremely well in PK and controlled the PP. He has been good through these playoffs, and if Detroit makes the finals he will see a lot of Sidney Crosby, so he better get ready to play every game at that level.

Zetterberg is easily the most undervalued Red Wing in these playoffs.

Smiling Assassin27
05-26-2009, 01:50 PM
I just want to bring it back to players for a bit. In game 4 of the WC finals, I know Filppula and Hossa both played their best game of the playoffs so far, but honestly, Zetterberg was more impressive.

I know that Chicago kept Toews away from Zetterberg, but it just seemed to me that every time he was on the ice he was moving the puck up the ice and forcing the play deep in the Hawks zone. He dominated the faceoff circle, played extremely well in PK and controlled the PP. He has been good through these playoffs, and if Detroit makes the finals he will see a lot of Sidney Crosby, so he better get ready to play every game at that level.

Zetterberg is easily the most undervalued Red Wing in these playoffs.

He uses his feet to gain puck control like nobody I've seen. Forsberg was excellent at that as well. Is it a Swede thing? Those two goals he scored were bouncing pucks that he managed to corral with his skate and flip in. I agree that Z has been a beast in every facet of the game this series. And the beauty of it is that he's locked up contractually.

gyldenlove
05-26-2009, 02:17 PM
He uses his feet to gain puck control like nobody I've seen. Forsberg was excellent at that as well. Is it a Swede thing? Those two goals he scored were bouncing pucks that he managed to corral with his skate and flip in. I agree that Z has been a beast in every facet of the game this series. And the beauty of it is that he's locked up contractually.

To me his play looks a lot like Yzermans did in the late 90's.

SouthStndJunkie
05-26-2009, 08:28 PM
RALEIGH, N.C. -- Sidney Crosby and the Pittsburgh Penguins are headed back to the Stanley Cup finals.

Max Talbot had a goal and an assist to help the Penguins beat the Carolina Hurricanes 4-1 on Tuesday night and finish off a sweep in the Eastern Conference finals.

SoCalBronco
05-26-2009, 10:17 PM
Hopefully it will be different than last year since we're a more seasoned team now, although I suspect it will still be a bit of an uphill climb. Sid has to play like he did in the Washington series and Geno will have to play like he did in this past Carolina series. If they can do that, they'll beat the Wings. If not, then they'll probably come up short. We can't afford for either of them to disappear, or even have an average series. Flower's also going to have to stop letting in softies. He drives me nuts because he makes these ultra-athletic saves, but has these bouts where he has really poor rebound control, and is an absolute liability trying to corral the puck outside of the net. He's going to have to be totally on the ball. He's played pretty well the last two games, he'll definitely need to shine. Lidstrom being at less than 100% will also help.

I hope we can do it, I really can. But I watched that Detroit-Chicago game in Game 4 and I didn't like what I saw one bit. Detroit looked like the Detroit of last year. Even Hossa actually got off his ass in that game. We'll see who shows up.

Let's Go Pens.

alkemical
05-27-2009, 06:24 AM
Yeah i'm the same SoCal...

I'm hoping the "superstar" factor can win a cup against detroit. maybe we'll get lucky and the hawks will some how pull it to 7 games.

ElwayMD
05-27-2009, 07:35 AM
I like the way the Pens closed out this series. I was very worried that they would take a game off and let the Canes take a game. If the Pens keep crashing the net like they have been in the previous series I think they will have a great chance to take the cup. I think Malkin finally understands how he has to play game in and game out and Sid has been solid. If Kunitz could add some more offense this team would be even more dangerous.

alkemical
05-27-2009, 07:45 AM
I like the way the Pens closed out this series. I was very worried that they would take a game off and let the Canes take a game. If the Pens keep crashing the net like they have been in the previous series I think they will have a great chance to take the cup. I think Malkin finally understands how he has to play game in and game out and Sid has been solid. If Kunitz could add some more offense this team would be even more dangerous.

Or some Staal power...

ElwayMD
05-27-2009, 07:50 AM
Or some Staal power...

True...he does do great job on the forecheck but never seems to capitalize on the chances he creates by his hustle.

alkemical
05-27-2009, 07:53 AM
True...he does do great job on the forecheck but never seems to capitalize on the chances he creates by his hustle.

One day...lol. I see him like John Madden (NJ).

Smiling Assassin27
05-27-2009, 08:55 AM
Hopefully it will be different than last year since we're a more seasoned team now, although I suspect it will still be a bit of an uphill climb. Sid has to play like he did in the Washington series and Geno will have to play like he did in this past Carolina series. If they can do that, they'll beat the Wings. If not, then they'll probably come up short. We can't afford for either of them to disappear, or even have an average series. Flower's also going to have to stop letting in softies. He drives me nuts because he makes these ultra-athletic saves, but has these bouts where he has really poor rebound control, and is an absolute liability trying to corral the puck outside of the net. He's going to have to be totally on the ball. He's played pretty well the last two games, he'll definitely need to shine. Lidstrom being at less than 100% will also help.

I hope we can do it, I really can. But I watched that Detroit-Chicago game in Game 4 and I didn't like what I saw one bit. Detroit looked like the Detroit of last year. Even Hossa actually got off his ass in that game. We'll see who shows up.

Let's Go Pens.

The schedule will undoubtedly shape up to benefit the Pens as well, as the NHL will try to nullify Detroit's home ice advantage by making them play back to back games, fully knowing that they're banged up. I don't blame the NHL, I blame NBC who the NHL must bend over for.

Still, first thing's first. Let's rip the Hawks' heads off and crap down their necks boys! Get up early and watch the Hawks retreat into goon-mode.

Smiling Assassin27
05-27-2009, 09:04 AM
However, in a shocker, the Pens may have already destroyed any kharma they had with this rookie move--actually touching the Prince of Wales Trophy...

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2009/0526/nhl_penspostgm_576.jpg

alkemical
05-27-2009, 09:07 AM
However, in a shocker, the Pens may have already destroyed any kharma they had with this rookie move--actually touching the Prince of Wales Trophy...

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2009/0526/nhl_penspostgm_576.jpg

They didn't touch it last year....

Smiling Assassin27
05-27-2009, 09:09 AM
They didn't touch it last year....

I was reading somewhere that something like only 4 teams that have touched it ended up winning the Cup. *cue the scary organ music*

alkemical
05-27-2009, 09:10 AM
I was reading somewhere that something like only 4 teams that have touched it ended up winning the Cup. *cue the scary organ music*

yep, and one of them was mario's pens... ;)

alkemical
05-27-2009, 09:11 AM
I'm personally fine with it - i don't see it as superstition. Considering they've done it twice now, they earned it - enjoy it.

Smiling Assassin27
05-27-2009, 09:13 AM
At any rate, I think this is what we'll see tonight..

http://imagecache.allposters.com/images/PHO/aajw045_b.jpg

ElwayMD
05-27-2009, 09:30 AM
Should keyboard cat play them off?

gyldenlove
05-27-2009, 11:14 AM
Apparently Lidstrom and Datsyuk are both out tonight, no word yet on Havlat and Khabibulin.

A long layoff before the final should be good for the Wings to get Datsyuk and Lidstrom back to form.

Smiling Assassin27
05-27-2009, 11:16 AM
Apparently Lidstrom and Datsyuk are both out tonight, no word yet on Havlat and Khabibulin.

A long layoff before the final should be good for the Wings to get Datsyuk and Lidstrom back to form.

Habi and Havsplat are out as well, per Chicago radio.

Nikolai Khabibulin, Martin Havlat out for Blackhawks
by Ansar Khan

Wednesday May 27, 2009, 11:40 AM

Update from the Blackhawks morning skate: Goaltender Nikolai Khabibulin (lower-body injury) and right wing Martin Havlat are not playing tonight in Game 5, coach Joel Quenneville said. Khabibulin practiced and Quenneville said he is "progressing,'' but Cristobal Huet will make his second straight start in net.

Colin Fraser will replace Havlat in the lineup. Quenneville said a few other players who didn't skate today, including Samuel Pahlsson, are playing.

SouthStndJunkie
05-27-2009, 07:47 PM
Wings/Blackhawks tied up 1-1.

6:30 left in the 3rd period.

SouthStndJunkie
05-27-2009, 08:00 PM
****....I thought Franzen had the game-winning goal there at the very end of the 3rd period.

Overtime.

SouthStndJunkie
05-27-2009, 08:22 PM
Darren Helm with the game-winner!

Wings win 2-1!

alkemical
05-27-2009, 08:40 PM
game on

gyldenlove
05-27-2009, 08:52 PM
This should be a corker.

DHallblows
05-27-2009, 10:04 PM
I don't think the NHL could have ended up with 2 teams I care less about than these 2...

SouthStndJunkie
05-27-2009, 10:51 PM
I don't think the NHL could have ended up with 2 teams I care less about than these 2...

I think it is just about the best matchup the NHL could ask for.

Of course, I am a Wings fan.

SouthStndJunkie
05-27-2009, 11:28 PM
I think Darren Helm is going to be a heck of a player for the Wings down the line....gotta love his style of play.

Requiem
05-28-2009, 12:03 AM
It is Pittsburgh's time to rise. The Cup will be ours!

DHallblows
05-28-2009, 12:35 AM
I think it is just about the best matchup the NHL could ask for.

Of course, I am a Wings fan.

Well yeah, for the NHL. But as a fan of pre-lockout hockey I don't give a sh!t about it.

Of course, I am an Avs fan.

Smiling Assassin27
05-28-2009, 09:03 AM
It is Pittsburgh's time to rise. The Cup will be ours!

Bring on the strange, flightless, funny little birds! :-*

alkemical
05-28-2009, 09:03 AM
max talbot is a funny guy -

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nguyP7qsw-U&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nguyP7qsw-U&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Smiling Assassin27
05-28-2009, 09:14 AM
so is Flower, but for a different reason..

http://www.edicius.org/pic_dump/avatars/lol-fleury2.gif

alkemical
05-28-2009, 09:15 AM
yep i know, the pens have no shot against detroit what so ever. None. Detroit in 4.

Smiling Assassin27
05-28-2009, 09:19 AM
yep i know, the pens have no shot against detroit what so ever. None. Detroit in 4.

poor analysis. pittsburgh, since they are healthy, ought to be considered the favorites in this matchup. it'll be incredible should detroit even score. in fact, they'll probably put more pucks into their OWN net than they will past Flower. we're just happy to be invited to the Crosby Coronation.

alkemical
05-28-2009, 09:21 AM
poor analysis. pittsburgh, since they are healthy, ought to be considered the favorites in this matchup. it'll be incredible should detroit even score. in fact, they'll probably put more pucks into their OWN net than they will past Flower. we're just happy to be invited to the Crosby Coronation.

Sorry man you already sealed it. The wings in 4. They are so great and so good there is not even a point to this series. It's going to be a blow out - far more than last year.

Smiling Assassin27
05-28-2009, 09:24 AM
Sorry man you already sealed it. The wings in 4. They are so great and so good there is not even a point to this series. It's going to be a blow out - far more than last year.

reverse kharma this thing all you like, but i am telling you--Detroit, in its current state of health, amounts to a sacrificial lamb and not much more. They may need to pull Yzerman out of mothballs and slap a uni on him. :giggle:

alkemical
05-28-2009, 09:25 AM
reverse kharma this thing all you like, but i am telling you--Detroit, in its current state of health, amounts to a sacrificial lamb and not much more. They may need to pull Yzerman out of mothballs and slap a uni on him. :giggle:

Sorry man, detroits got too much depth and you showed fluery sucks. He's a horrible G. he never wins any big games.

enjoy the win detroit!

Smiling Assassin27
05-28-2009, 09:27 AM
Sorry man, detroits got too much depth and you showed fluery sucks. He's a horrible G. he never wins any big games.

enjoy the win detroit!

Flower's a butterfly goalie anyway--what need does he have of staying on his feet? His mother was a brick wall and his daddy was a Roman column. Nuff said.

alkemical
05-28-2009, 09:33 AM
Flower's a butterfly goalie anyway--what need does he have of staying on his feet? His mother was a brick wall and his daddy was a Roman column. Nuff said.

Sorry man, you can't take back your bad karma. It doesn't work that way.

Apu: I have come to make amends, sir. At first, I blamed you for squealing, but then I realized, it was I who wronged you. So I have come to work off my debt. I am at your service.
Homer: You're...selling what, now?
Apu: I am selling only the concept of karmic realignment.
Homer: You can't sell that! Karma can only be portioned out by the cosmos. [slams the door]
Apu: He's got me there.

Smiling Assassin27
05-28-2009, 09:36 AM
well, if kharma should thrust itself into this series by allowing the Wings one goal per game, i guess i must yield.

alkemical
05-28-2009, 09:42 AM
well, if kharma should thrust itself into this series by allowing the Wings one goal per game, i guess i must yield.

You can't out jinx yourself now, magickal properties state that in trying to work out of karmic debt, you indeed get what you ask for.

Smiling Assassin27
05-28-2009, 09:47 AM
You can't out jinx yourself now, magickal properties state that in trying to work out of karmic debt, you indeed get what you ask for.

i'll defer to the czar of the kharmistrator...we're f**ed.

24champ
05-28-2009, 11:28 AM
http://a323.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_sports_nhl_experts__32/ept_sports_nhl_experts-751751176-1243490579.jpg?ymT07UBD3eCPJsWW

its official, wings will win...

bronco militia
05-28-2009, 11:37 AM
http://images.sportsbybrooks.com/1/1/1122822c674b404d44d59534f512c56d_blackhawksfan.jpg

ElwayMD
05-28-2009, 11:37 AM
http://a323.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_sports_nhl_experts__32/ept_sports_nhl_experts-751751176-1243490579.jpg?ymT07UBD3eCPJsWW

Pittsburgh will have another championship to celebrate this year, thus making everyone else hate the Steel City that much more. Pens in 6 is my call.

alkemical
05-28-2009, 11:41 AM

i know! the pens didnt touch it last year when they lost - and when mario touched it he won the cup. the wings have this in 4

24champ
05-28-2009, 11:42 AM
Pittsburgh will have another championship to celebrate this year, thus making everyone else hate the Steel City that much more. Pens in 6 is my call.

It's bad juju to touch the trophy....Sid just gave a big F U to the Hockey Gods.

ElwayMD
05-28-2009, 11:50 AM
It's bad juju to touch the trophy....Sid just gave a big F U to the Hockey Gods.

Wasn't bad juju for Mario when he touched it. The only Hockey Gods on display will be Malkin (hopefully) and Sid.

Smiling Assassin27
05-28-2009, 11:57 AM
Wasn't bad juju for Mario when he touched it. The only Hockey Gods on display will be Malkin (hopefully) and Sid.

This reminds me of the NBA finals where the Pistons beat the Lakers in 2004. The Pens have the two shining stars of the NHL just as the Lakers had Shaq, Kobe, and Malone. The Wings have depth up the butt and play a flawless team game like the Pistons did that year.

Intangibles are speculative at best, though most media honks are saying Detroit's out of gas and the Pens are somehow different mentally, emotionally and physically from last year. Burnside's already sunk the Pens ship by picking them in 6.

SouthStndJunkie
05-28-2009, 04:13 PM
http://images.sportsbybrooks.com/1/1/1122822c674b404d44d59534f512c56d_blackhawksfan.jpg

Militia....you have a little poop on your chin.

SouthStndJunkie
05-28-2009, 04:14 PM
From The Freep:

http://www.freep.com/article/20090528/SPORTS05/90528070/1048/SPORTS/Expect+Lidstrom+for+Game+1

Wings expect Lidstrom back for Game 1 vs. Pens

Quick update on the Red Wings: Although the Red Wings had the day off, general manager Ken Holland said he expects Nicklas Lidstrom to play in Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Finals on Saturday against the Pittsburgh Penguins.

Lidstrom missed Games 4 and 5 against the Chicago Blackhawks with a lower body injury.

Holland said Pavel Datsyuk (foot) and Jonathan Ericsson (acute appendicitis) will be game-day decisions, but he said Datsyuk skated today.

"Ericsson's a little tender," Holland said. "We'll see how he feels tomorrow. By the time we get to Pittsburgh we should have most of these guys back."

Holland said Kris Draper (groin) was doubtful for Game 1.

Smiling Assassin27
05-28-2009, 04:16 PM
Bucci picks the Pens in 6 as well. I don't know where these people get the idea that Detroit's a bunch of past their prime, over the hill, dinosaurs. The only place there's a noticeable difference in age is at the goalie spot.

Of course, Detroit's team has 37 Cups while Pittsburgh's has 5.

24champ
05-28-2009, 04:45 PM
Of course, Detroit's team has 37 Cups while Pittsburgh's has 5.

Thought the Pens won 2 cups?

SouthStndJunkie
05-28-2009, 05:51 PM
Thought the Pens won 2 cups?

Think he means between the players.

maher_tyler
05-28-2009, 10:07 PM
I'm hoping the Pens win..of course..i hate the wings!!

Here's a good read from Bucci...

Every man and woman on the Red Wings' or Penguins' payroll -- from checking winger to Zamboni driver, as well as their dependents -- believes his or her team will win the Stanley Cup. After all this time and travel, sweat and media releases, stressing, praying and morning skates, letting yourself think anything else this deep into the game would be masochistic.

You have to believe. You have no other choice.

Momentum built on results is very intoxicating; for some, it's numbing. That numbness can lead to mental lapses and improper amounts of desperation. At this stage of the game, one has to have a little humility and an awareness of self in order to plan and confront the enemy.

The Red Wings won't fall into that trap because they are champions. They have a relentlessly driving coach; they are so beat up, they will have to think their way through every shift of the game; they are 12-4 in the postseason so far.

The Penguins are 12-5 (last season, they were 12-2 through three rounds) and have won eight of their past nine playoff games and outscored their opponents 42-24. They have 35 or more shots on goal in nine of their 17 playoff games. The Wings have 35 or more shots in 11 of their 16 games.

The Penguins' confidence is probably sky-high because they are young and appear to be the healthier team. And the Stanley Cup schedule favors youth and health. Games 1 and 2 are on back-to-back days to appease an American television network that doesn't pay a rights fee. The first four games of the series will be over six days and the first five over eight days. Five games in eight days. That favors the young and healthy.

Will the Red Wings resemble the Hurricanes in terms of energy? Possibly. But they can overcome that because, well, they are more talented than Carolina and they have high-IQ players, collectively higher than any other team in the NHL.

I believe wholeheartedly the following statements are quite possibly absolutely true:

1. When completely healthy, the Red Wings are the best team in the NHL.

2. If you told me the Red Wings would only have the players they had for Game 5 against Chicago, I would tell you they couldn't beat the Penguins.

But the statements above will be moot because the Red Wings will not be completely healthy in the Stanley Cup finals. I would be shocked if Nicklas Lidstrom missed Game 1, but Pavel Datsyuk is a different story. He must have a cracked bone or something in his foot, something you can't just tape up.

The two injuries bring the Red Wings back closer to the Penguins. But if Lidstrom returns and plays all the games at 80 percent or above, Detroit will ice a level of defensemen the Penguins haven't faced yet this postseason. The weakness of the Flyers and Capitals was their defense, and the Hurricanes were absolutely spent after back-to-back seven-game series. The Red Wings can turn defense into offense in a way the Penguins' previous opponents could not.

Here are 10 thoughts that enter my mind as I ponder this series and attempt to forecast who will win:

1. Marc-Andre Fleury has to be the Penguins' third-best player after Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin for them to win. The Penguins will probably get outshot in the majority of the games because a healthy Red Wings team outshoots everyone. I believe Fleury has that in him. He is very athletic and talented. He made 55 saves in the Penguins' Game 5 road win against Detroit in last season's Cup finals. He is clearly one of the top three Canadian goaltenders in the NHL.

2. The Penguins lost the first two games of last season's final 4-0 and 3-0 in Detroit. After those games, both teams went on to win two games apiece and each scored 10 goals. It was an even series after the Penguins were shell-shocked in Games 1 and 2.

3. The Penguins have no one in their lineup like Marian Hossa and Johan Franzen. They are beasts and cause major matchup problems for Pittsburgh's defense. If you are too slow or too small, these Cyborgs will eat your brain for lunch while singing a Five Finger Death Punch medley. Brooks Orpik needs to step up and have a big series. He's been kind of quiet this postseason. The Wings are very good around the offensive net; the Penguins are not. This could define and decide the series.

4. Which brings us to Hossa. The man left Pittsburgh last summer, parting ways with the guys he went to hockey war with just a month after the war ended. He left a lot of money on the table to sign a one-year deal in Detroit to, allegedly, have a better chance to win a Stanley Cup. There are two ways to look at this, and I look at it through my prism.

I get attached to people I like and compete with very quickly. Where I come from, one stays loyal to those bonds. I could never have left Pittsburgh, or any place, to play for the team who beat me and my teammates. That's just me. A loss for Hossa would mean he signed with the wrong team and, one would think, less money on the table this summer because of the falling cap. I suppose one can assume if the Penguins win the series, Hossa will leave Detroit for Pittsburgh this summer because they give him the best chance to win a Cup next season.

People use that logic while gambling on football games, and nobody wins betting on football games.

5. If the Red Wings win the Stanley Cup, I think it will be because of Chris Osgood's play. Thus, he should win the Conn Smythe Trophy. So how can you then keep him out of the Hockey Hall of Fame? As Dr. Evil would say, "I mean, really? Who throws a shoe?"

6. In last season's Game 6, Kris Draper won 15 of 18 faceoffs. The Wings will miss that presence.

7. The Red Wings are not the defensive team they were last season. This past regular season, Detroit gave up 244 goals. When it won the Cup last season, the Wings gave up 184.

8. I've been calling for Malkin and Crosby to shoot more during this postseason, and they are. Clearly, they read this blogumn. Crosby has gone from three shots on goal a game to 3.7. Malkin has gone from 3.5 shots to 4.7. The trend has to continue against Detroit.

Hossa, meanwhile, has to think "attack and shoot," as well. I'm sure he will. He will play the most desperate hockey of his career because of his decision to leave Pittsburgh for Detroit. He can't lose this series. I suspect he will have a big series if he is energized and healthy. Right now, Ruslan Fedotenko has as many playoff goals (six) as Hossa.

9. Red Wings coach Mike Babcock will retire with between 600 and 711 coaching wins and be inducted into the Hall of Fame.

10. Penguins in six.

Smiling Assassin27
05-29-2009, 08:38 AM
10. Penguins in six.

This seems to be the chic pick. The comparison to the Oilers is laughable, however.

This is not true. Even when dinged, they are still the best team in the NHL.

gyldenlove
05-29-2009, 09:03 AM
10. Penguins in six.

This seems to be the chic pick. The comparison to the Oilers is laughable, however.

I forget who it was, but I read yesterday that this rematch would be like the 84 Stanley cup final if the Islanders had signed Jarri Kuri in the offseason.

bronco militia
05-29-2009, 09:06 AM
10. Penguins in six.

lol....the pens fans=steeler fans

the wings are a great team...and that sucks

go avs

Smiling Assassin27
05-29-2009, 09:51 AM
I forget who it was, but I read yesterday that this rematch would be like the 84 Stanley cup final if the Islanders had signed Jarri Kuri in the offseason.

That Oilers team was sick. Crosby and Gretzky is semi-plausible. But Malkin and Messier is a joke. One bothered to be an on-ice leader, block shots, back check with a vengeance, and actually play on the penalty kill. Malkin does none of these things exceedingly well. Not to mention, the Pens have no Coffey (no, Gonchar's no Paul Coffey), they have no Kurri, no Fuhr/Moog (Flower's good, but unproven in playoffs/Cup finals), let alone an Anderson or Kevin Lowe.

The one thing the Pens have going for them, other than having 2 superstars, is that the stage won't intimidate them this year. Or at least it shouldn't. I think we see Pittsburgh play aggressively, unlike last year.

alkemical
05-29-2009, 11:38 AM
yep, the pens have no depth.

Detroit in 4

Smiling Assassin27
05-29-2009, 11:52 AM
yep, the pens have no depth.

Detroit in 4

3, actually. they'll forfeit game 4 because they lack heart as well... ;D

Smiling Assassin27
05-29-2009, 02:00 PM
http://www.newsgeek.com/maternity.gif

some funny photoshop wars going on for this one...

alkemical
05-29-2009, 02:00 PM
3, actually. they'll forfeit game 4 because they lack heart as well... ;D

that's exactly what i mean. With all the cokiness the wings fans are showing, you'd figure they must have eaten a big bag of dicks

Smiling Assassin27
05-29-2009, 02:02 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3346/3574309812_0cc15a5c29_o.jpg

Smiling Assassin27
05-29-2009, 02:06 PM
that's exactly what i mean. With all the cokiness the wings fans are showing, you'd figure they must have eaten a big bag of *****

yeah, we could say all the TRUE things about this series--e.g., pens are formidable and even favored given detroit's rough road and the pens being mentally and physically superior right now. but pens fans seem to demand disrespect of opposing fans even to the extent of extracting it artificially!

so i'll play along...kronwall's gonna turn malkin into a human bobblehead with an open ice hit that will be replayed in the minds of all humankind for centuries to come.

alkemical
05-29-2009, 02:18 PM
yeah, we could say all the TRUE things about this series--e.g., pens are formidable and even favored given detroit's rough road and the pens being mentally and physically superior right now. but pens fans seem to demand disrespect of opposing fans even to the extent of extracting it artificially!

so i'll play along...kronwall's gonna turn malkin into a human bobblehead with an open ice hit that will be replayed in the minds of all humankind for centuries to come.

Dude you've been spitting out cockisms the whole time. **** you wings fan. It's the type of classiness you want and crave - so i'm going to return the favor and give it back to you.

Smiling Assassin27
05-29-2009, 02:22 PM
Dude you've been spitting out cockisms the whole time. **** you wings fan. It's the type of classiness you want and crave - so i'm going to return the favor and give it back to you.

Hilarious!

Pace yourself, toughie...

SouthStndJunkie
05-30-2009, 12:50 PM
DETROIT -- Red Wings forward Pavel Datsyuk will not play in Game 1 of the Stanley Cup finals Saturday night against the Pittsburgh Penguins, despite his assertion he is a game-time decision.

Red Wings coach Mike Babcock said Saturday morning that the Hart Trophy candidate will be unavailable for the fourth straight game because of a foot injury. Veteran checking forward Kris Draper, who has been out with a lower-body injury, likewise will miss Game 1.

SouthStndJunkie
05-30-2009, 07:51 PM
Wings score with under a minute left in the 2nd period to take a 2-1 lead!

SouthStndJunkie
05-30-2009, 07:51 PM
Franzen with his 11th goal of the playoffs.

SoCalBronco
05-30-2009, 07:55 PM
This is such bull****. Can Detroit score a real goal? We kicked their asses all over the ice the 2nd period. I hate this crap. We should be ahead by 2 goals. At least the Pens have no reason to fear the Wings anymore. We punched them in the mouth the last twenty minutes. This isn't last year's Wings.

Hogan11
05-30-2009, 08:12 PM
Wings in 5

SouthStndJunkie
05-30-2009, 08:18 PM
BOOM!

3-1 Wings.

Justin Abdelkader with his first goal.

SoCalBronco
05-30-2009, 08:20 PM
Can we have ONE ****ing break? The puck rolls off Osgood's back, but they're getting **** off boards and legs and ****.

Hogan11
05-30-2009, 08:21 PM
Can we have ONE ****ing break? The puck rolls off Osgood's back, but they're getting **** off boards and legs and ****.

Karma is a ......well, you know.

SoCalBronco
05-30-2009, 08:25 PM
Karma is a ......well, you know.

It doesn't matter...I've seen enough in this game to think we can definitely win this series. Detroit hasn't shown me ****. They've gotten bounces and caroms the whole game. The only one who's shown anything is Osgood, otherwise we'd have 4 goals on the board, already.

SouthStndJunkie
05-30-2009, 08:49 PM
Osgood played a very solid game tonight.

gyldenlove
05-30-2009, 09:59 PM
Solid game by Osgood. It is clear to see that Pittsburgh very rarely faces a group of defenders that strong, their transitional game never got going.

I have to say that it was a very well officiated game.

SouthStndJunkie
05-30-2009, 10:02 PM
I have to say that it was a very well officiated game.

Nice to see them let the players decide the game tonight.

Smiling Assassin27
05-31-2009, 12:31 PM
It doesn't matter...I've seen enough in this game to think we can definitely win this series. Detroit hasn't shown me ****. They've gotten bounces and caroms the whole game. The only one who's shown anything is Osgood, otherwise we'd have 4 goals on the board, already.

look closer. the wings won 70% faceoffs and their penalty kill was rolling.

i guess it's time for all those folks calling ozzie the weak link to stand up and eat it.

as for crosby, he pulled an incredibly douche like act in two handing malts after the game was over. even if it was just a tap, it was bush league. his explanation? uh, malts was mouthing off so i gave it to him. lame. can a #13 forward actually be in the kid's head already? everyone's focusing on caroms, active boards and flukes. good--let them. playoff goals happen this time of year but pretty goals count the same as ugly ones.

SouthStndJunkie
05-31-2009, 12:52 PM
I thought Zetterberg did an excellent job on Crosby last night.

SouthStndJunkie
05-31-2009, 12:54 PM
i guess it's time for all those folks calling ozzie the weak link to stand up and eat it.

I get on Ozzie from time to time, but he was money last night.

I should probably give him more credit than I do.

gyldenlove
05-31-2009, 04:24 PM
Detroit and Pittsburgh are both back for a 2nd straight go-around in the dance for Lord Stanley's trophy.

Detroit got here largely unchanged from last years championship squad, same coaching staff (minus Todd Mclelland), same defense (with Ericsson playing a larger part), same forwards expect that Dallas Drake is now called Marian Hossa and same starting goalie (different backup)

Pittsburgh got here with a very different squad. There is a new coaching staff and head coach. Whitney and Sydor are now called Letang and Boucher and Eaton (33% of the defense is changed). Up front Malone, Hossa, Roberts, Sykora, Hall and Ruutu are replaced by Satan, Guerin, Kunitz, Fedotenko, Cooke, and Adams (50% of the forwards have new names). The starting goalie is still the same though (new backup though).

Which approach is better?

SouthStndJunkie
05-31-2009, 06:51 PM
I figured the Pens would score on that power play....they have controlled the action in the game to this point.

1-0 Pens.

homepiper
05-31-2009, 07:04 PM
I usually use nowodds.com ^5
http://www.nowgoal.com/24.shtml

SouthStndJunkie
05-31-2009, 07:22 PM
Jonathan Ericsson ties the score at 1-1.

SouthStndJunkie
05-31-2009, 07:32 PM
BOOM!

Wings up 2-1.

Sweet shot by Valtteri Filppula.

SoCalBronco
05-31-2009, 07:35 PM
What a ****ing joke. We're kicking their asses AGAIN and no penalty call and boom...they score. What a fraud. I'm tired of this ****. Great job on that non-call, refs. You ****ing cost us a goal needlessly.

SoCalBronco
05-31-2009, 07:39 PM
Bull****...bull****...bull****. No tripping call, either?

SoCalBronco
05-31-2009, 07:43 PM
I wonder how many ****ing point blank chances are we going to keep missing on? They get goals off the ****ing boards and we can't hit a ****ing point blank chance.

This is a bunch of crap. ****ing bull****. We are totally outplaying them. This is such a joke. If they aren't going to call penalties, then ****ing take it them physically. I don't give a ****, anymore. I want PAIN. We're kicking their asses and they're somehow winning. Bull****. **** Detroit.

SouthStndJunkie
05-31-2009, 07:52 PM
The Wings clearly outplayed the Pens in the 2nd period.

The Pens outplayed them in the 1st period.

SoCalBronco
05-31-2009, 07:54 PM
The Wings clearly outplayed the Pens in the 2nd period.

Ok, I stopped reading right here. Outside of that late flurry, Detroit didn't do a whole lot in the 2nd and the "goal" they scored was a result of a swallowed whistle. Probably not the only thing the refs have swallowed so far.

SoCalBronco
05-31-2009, 08:02 PM
I really really really wish Spider would punch Mike Milbury in the throat.

Really.

Preferably with some bronze knuckles.

SouthStndJunkie
05-31-2009, 08:09 PM
Ok, I stopped reading right here. Outside of that late flurry, Detroit didn't do a whole lot in the 2nd and the "goal" they scored was a result of a swallowed whistle. Probably not the only thing the refs have swallowed so far.

Detroit outshot the Pens 16-9 in the 2nd period and they controlled the action for a good portion of the period.

I like your football takes most of the time, but I am starting to wonder about your skewed hockey takes.

SoCalBronco
05-31-2009, 08:13 PM
Wow....I can't even believe that.

Just right off that post.

SouthStndJunkie
05-31-2009, 08:13 PM

You do realize that Detroit has been called for more penalties than Pittsburgh in the series so far?

SoCalBronco
05-31-2009, 08:15 PM
You do realize that Detroit has been called for more penalties than Pittsburgh in the series so far?

Yeah, its 3-2. You really showed me. The point is they are letting alot of crap go, most of which is interference on you guys, which isn't being called. Even the commentators noted it.

SouthStndJunkie
05-31-2009, 08:16 PM
Booooom!

SoCalBronco
05-31-2009, 08:17 PM
And Abdelkader scores. This is just humorous at this point. We get all these chances, we're an inch away....AGAIN...no goal ofcourse and then some scrub rookie 1 on 2 gets a goal.

SouthStndJunkie
Yeah, its 3-2. You really showed me. The point is they are letting alot of crap go, most of which is interference on you guys, which isn't being called. Even the commentators noted it.

You sure do like to whine a lot.

Broncojef

Abdelkader!!! f'in awesome...tear the pens up.

SouthStndJunkie
05-31-2009, 08:42 PM
Ozzie!

Ozzie!

SoCalBronco
05-31-2009, 08:43 PM
Dammit Geno, you should have socked that piece of **** Zetterberg in the ****ing throat. Wasted oppurtunity....as usual.

SouthStndJunkie
05-31-2009, 08:49 PM
Detroit defends their home ice with back to back 3-1 victories.

Broncojef
05-31-2009, 09:02 PM
Detroit defends their home ice with back to back 3-1 victories.

Kinda feels like we've seen this before huh? The wings have too much talent top to bottom.

gyldenlove
05-31-2009, 09:11 PM
Instigator in the last 5 minutes is an automatic 1 game suspension right? this could get expensive if Malkin has to sit out in game 3, but watch Campbell repeal this one as well, wouldn't want to follow the rules.

47.22 Fines and Suspensions – Instigator in Final Five Minutes of Regulation Time (or Anytime in Overtime) - A player or goalkeeper who is deemed to be the instigator of an altercation in the final five (5) minutes of regulation time or at anytime in overtime, shall automatically be suspended for one game. The Director of Hockey Operations will review every such incident and may rescind the suspension based on a number of criteria. The criteria for the review shall include, but not limited to, the score, previous incidents, etc. The length of suspension will double for each subsequent offense. This suspension shall be served in addition to any other automatic suspensions a player may incur for an accumulation of three or more instigator penalties.
When the one-game suspension is imposed, the Coach shall be fined $10,000 – a fine that will double for each subsequent incident.
No team appeals will be permitted either verbally or in writing regarding the assessment of this automatic suspension.

SoCalBronco
05-31-2009, 09:12 PM
Kinda feels like we've seen this before huh? The wings have too much talent top to bottom.

They've been outshot both games. Nice try, though.

That said, I don't see us beating them 4 out of 5 times. It's just not realistic. We just can't catch a break and it infuriates me to no end. We've played well enough to win both games and yet, its 2-0 Detroit anyway. I'm not sure why we're working so hard, when its always going to come up a millimeter short and some scrub is going to get a soft goal on the other end banked off the glass, McCreary's left nut (his right nut is in Illitch's mouth, who takes only occasional breaks for some Little Ceasar's pizza), Pierre McGuire's baldhead and into the net. This ****ing pisses me off. We've worked for it and earned it and they haven't gotten a single ****ing break. I ****ing HATE this. This is just as bad as Shanny getting fired and Jay being traded. Can I have ONE ****ING THING GO RIGHT THIS YEAR?

ONE ****ING THING? OR IS IT TO MUCH TO ****ING ASK? ONE ****ING THING? THIS IS BULL****, BULL****, BULL****, BULL****!!! I'M TIRED OF THIS ****...I NEED TO WIN SOMETHING...ANYTHING. **** **** **** **** ****. I WOULD RATHER HAVE LOST TO CAROLINA IN THE ECF THAN GO THROUGH THIS **** AGAIN...ESPECIALLY WHEN WE'VE OUTPLAYED THEM ON THEIR OWN ICE.

:cuss: :garcia: :garcia: :redpunch: :moody: :garcia: :gus: :chairhit: :chairhit:

gyldenlove
05-31-2009, 09:15 PM
Here is a thought, Abdelkader has as many goals as the Penguins do and as many points as Crosby and Malkin combined.

DHallblows
05-31-2009, 09:15 PM
but watch Campbell repeal this one as well, wouldn't want to follow the rules.

I'd get over it seeing as how it's a ridiculous rule

alkemical
05-31-2009, 09:29 PM
det sweeps pitt - thats my call. pens played dumb in game two.

Requiem
05-31-2009, 09:36 PM
Calm down SoCal, now isn't the time to jump off the ledge. You can do that when Moreno and Alphonso tear their ACL's in camp.

24champ
05-31-2009, 10:30 PM

That said, I don't see us beating them 4 out of 5 times. It's just not realistic. We just can't catch a break and it infuriates me to no end. We've played well enough to win both games and yet, its 2-0 Detroit anyway. I'm not sure why we're working so hard, when its always going to come up a millimeter short and some scrub is going to get a soft goal on the other end banked off the glass, McCreary's left nut (his right nut is in Illitch's mouth, who takes only occasional breaks for some Little Ceasar's pizza), Pierre McGuire's baldhead and into the net. This ****ing pisses me off. We've worked for it and earned it and they haven't gotten a single ****ing break. I ****ing HATE this. This is just as bad as Shanny getting fired and Jay being traded. Can I have ONE ****ING THING GO RIGHT THIS YEAR?

ONE ****ING THING? OR IS IT TO MUCH TO ****ING ASK? ONE ****ING THING? THIS IS BULL****, BULL****, BULL****, BULL****!!! I'M TIRED OF THIS ****...I NEED TO WIN SOMETHING...ANYTHING. **** **** **** **** ****. I WOULD RATHER HAVE LOST TO CAROLINA IN THE ECF THAN GO THROUGH THIS **** AGAIN...ESPECIALLY WHEN WE'VE OUTPLAYED THEM ON THEIR OWN ICE.

:cuss: :garcia: :garcia: :redpunch: :moody: :garcia: :gus: :chairhit: :chairhit:

Shut up socal. Your team didn't lose a series based on a bullshiat curved stick penalty!

By the way, that's why I like Malkin over Cindy...he fights and doesn't take any shiat.

SoCalBronco
05-31-2009, 10:53 PM
Shut up socal. Your team didn't lose a series based on a bullshiat curved stick penalty!

No....but we lost a series based on AHL'ers like Abdel****ingkader shooting the puck off Pierre McGuire's head, then off the boards, then off Bob's Mom's fat ass, and finally off the back of Flower's leg into the net.

Which I would suggest is alot worse than Marty McSorley's curved stick.

I'm ****ing pissed. We have played very well both games and haven't gotten **** from it, except for pucks sliding barely across the line without going in, off the post and Osgood's back and magically stays out of the net. Don't ask me how, but it does. And I'm tired of it. The probability of all of these things happening, that have happened so far, at BOTH nets, is more or less ZERO. I'm ****ing pissed. We worked for it and earned it and we got nothing but a **** sandwich and a bunch of swallowed whistles.

SouthStndJunkie
05-31-2009, 11:31 PM
The Penguins frustration came to a head late in the game as Maxime Talbot speared Osgood in the chest following a save, Henrik Zetterberg came to the aid of his netminder and ended up getting into a fight with Evgeni Malkin.

"I think in the playoffs and finals like this, there is a lot of emotions, a lot of feelings," said Zetterberg. "When you get scrums that's the way it is. It should be a lot of feelings, and nothing more than that."

Malkin was given an instigator penalty for the incident, but the NHL has rescinded the penalty and he will not be suspended for Game 3.

"The intent of the rule is pretty obvious - was the action premeditated, was it sending a message," explained NHL on TSN's Bob McKenzie following the game. "Malkin was on the ice trying to score a goal at the end of the game. This one was born more out of frustration, then it was the Penguins trying to orchestrate some late game shenanigans, that is what the rule was put in place for and that is why the NHL reserves the right to rescind the rule if they feel the spirit of the rule is not being violated."

DHallblows
05-31-2009, 11:37 PM
Wow...I...agree...with...the league?!

chadta
06-01-2009, 05:46 AM
Malkin was given an instigator penalty for the incident, but the NHL has rescinded the penalty and he will not be suspended for Game 3.

and the penguins 5th line comes threw for them again.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_ylt=Ao5jn6jQoP56ey.qQVTxcjk5nYcB?slug=jp-malkin053109&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

title says it all

NHL uses only rules that are convenient

Broncojef
06-01-2009, 05:52 AM

Shots don't = a better team, especially top to bottom. Good call by the league I'd hate to beat the pens with malkin on the sideline, I want him to lose (again) and realize the Wings are better period. This is hockey the gloves are supposed to come off from time to time, especially when teams get frustrated with the other teams talent. If the pens are gonna get one its tuesday back at home, that should make you feel better socal.

gyldenlove
06-01-2009, 07:32 AM
I worry about this rescinding suspension. A suspension wasn't really warranted, it wasn't a vicious instigator like the Walker case and it didn't look like an attempt to injure.

Having seen how the Hochuli non-fumble call affected ref performances in Broncos games last year and how the Kronwall interference call affected ref performances in the WC final, I am worried that the refs will be too lenient in game 3 and let Detroit get away with some penalties or call some cheapies on Pittsburgh to kind of make up for Malkin not getting suspended.

I like how the officiating has been done so far in this final, they only call what they have to, let most of the stuff that goes on during play but doesn't affect the play go and keep the tempo going.

Smiling Assassin27
06-01-2009, 08:31 AM
I worry about this rescinding suspension. A suspension wasn't really warranted, it wasn't a vicious instigator like the Walker case and it didn't look like an attempt to injure.

Having seen how the Hochuli non-fumble call affected ref performances in Broncos games last year and how the Kronwall interference call affected ref performances in the WC final, I am worried that the refs will be too lenient in game 3 and let Detroit get away with some penalties or call some cheapies on Pittsburgh to kind of make up for Malkin not getting suspended.

I like how the officiating has been done so far in this final, they only call what they have to, let most of the stuff that goes on during play but doesn't affect the play go and keep the tempo going.

Do you really expect the NHL to actually apply its own rules when one of their poster boys is due for suspension? Please. I may be in the minority here but if I choose to start a fight, it isn't so I can exchange pleasantries. It's so I can injure the other person and, in doing so, send a message that he'd best not hassle me. Malkin, in this case, should've received TWO misconducts, not one (instigator and not tying down his jersey) which is an automatic one game suspension. Like Gretz used to say, 90% of this game is half mental. If Malkin's dumb enough to pull that stunt and fall under the letter of the law, sit his ass for a game and do what the rule was designed to do. If not, why even have the rule? To their credit, the wings are saying all the right things--no big deal, he's frustrated, blah blah.

Broncojef
06-01-2009, 08:41 AM
Do you really expect the NHL to actually apply its own rules when one of their poster boys is due for suspension? Please. I may be in the minority here but if I choose to start a fight, it isn't so I can exchange pleasantries. It's so I can injure the other person and, in doing so, send a message that he'd best not hassle me. Malkin, in this case, should've received TWO misconducts, not one (instigator and not tying down his jersey) which is an automatic one game suspension. Like Gretz used to say, 90% of this game is half mental. If Malkin's dumb enough to pull that stunt and fall under the letter of the law, sit his ass for a game and do what the rule was designed to do. If not, why even have the rule? To their credit, the wings are saying all the right things--no big deal, he's frustrated, blah blah.

The league scheduled tough back to back games after the Hawks series, Detroit is minus Datsyuk, Draper and many big names are playing hurt yet they still have a 2-0 advantage. The league needs a good series for ratings (the Wings usually give it to them) and sitting Malkin for a game would be the kiss of death for the pens and the marketing campaign. Malkin and Crosby could do anything short of bring a gun to the rink and they'd be safe for game 3, 4 or any other game.

Smiling Assassin27
06-01-2009, 08:44 AM
Had that been Franzen attacking Malkin, we'd likely see a suspension. At any rate, we move on to game 3 and carry on. If Dats and Drapes are back, who do you sit, wings fans?

gyldenlove
06-01-2009, 09:10 AM

I have no expectations of the NHL applying any rules, Colin Campbell is easily the biggest joke in pro sports today. The problem here is the Walker case, Campbell set a clear precedent that you can cold-cock an opponent to the face at the end of a losing game in the playoffs and face no consequences.

Lets be honest though, we all know that in the playoffs normal rules are off. That is the only reason Pronger played all 7 games despite the fact that Thomas Holmstrom has a full chess board tattooed on his back from the cross-checks Pronger gave him.

Smiling Assassin27
06-01-2009, 10:40 AM
slo mo on the hook that every media member is blaming the second goal on...stick was broken on hossa's skate.

http://www.kuklaskorner.com/images/uploads/hossa.gif

chadta
06-01-2009, 11:54 AM
Had that been Franzen attacking Malkin, we'd likely see a suspension. At any rate, we move on to game 3 and carry on. If Dats and Drapes are back, who do you sit, wings fans?

Dan Carcillo to serve Malkins suspension, the Comcast Flyers do not plan on appealing the suspension.

gyldenlove
06-01-2009, 12:17 PM
slo mo on the hook that every media member is blaming the second goal on...stick was broken on hossa's skate.

http://www.kuklaskorner.com/images/uploads/hossa.gif

Don't you go and bring fact into picture, that was a vicious hooking and the only reason Detroit won is because the refs are clearly munching on a combination of Little Ceasars hot'n'ready and Illitch's backside.

Broncojef
06-01-2009, 12:25 PM

Leino/Datsyuk
Maltby/Draper

Smiling Assassin27
06-01-2009, 12:34 PM
Leino/Datsyuk
Maltby/Draper

yeah, i gotta think you leave Gator in there and sit malts. still, i really doubt we'll see datsyuk at all this series. i'm torn as to whether we even put drapes in or not. he's a face off maniac, which would help greatly, but if it ain't broke...

gyldenlove
06-01-2009, 12:44 PM
I would like to see Draper replace Leino. I love Leino, he adds a touch to that 4th line, but having a super solid face off guy out there is going to be important especially when we can't line match on the face off. If Datsyuk comes back it will be for game 5, I think he would slot in on the line with Helm and Samuelson and bump Hudler to the 4th with Abdelkader and Maltby/Draper.

Broncojef
06-01-2009, 12:51 PM
I would like to see Draper replace Leino. I love Leino, he adds a touch to that 4th line, but having a super solid face off guy out there is going to be important especially when we can't line match on the face off. If Datsyuk comes back it will be for game 5, I think he would slot in on the line with Helm and Samuelson and bump Hudler to the 4th with Abdelkader and Maltby/Draper.

Agree with the face-off factor...if the pens are smart they'll try to free Crosby from Zetterberg and get him some alone time with others. If Datsyuk is out for the pending road games for us Draper replacing Leino seems like a no brainer. Kinda sucks I've been wanting to see more of Leino all season but Draper with his experience and face-off skills is a lock for game 3 if he is a "GO". I think we'll steal one in Pitt.

gyldenlove
06-01-2009, 12:57 PM
The one thing that favours the Wings so far is that there are so few stopages in play, that means it is easier to get Zetterberg out there against Crosby when the Penguins get last line change. What I am more worried about is how Malkin is going to match up, he has been drawing the Filppula line fairly consistently with a bit of Helm thrown in. I think they are going to try to put Malkin out there against Helm and Hudler as much as possible and get Staal on Filppula.

gyldenlove
06-01-2009, 02:41 PM
Draper has been officially cleared to play in game 3, but Babcock is not sure if he will play him since things are going pretty well. They are saying that Leino will come out if Draper comes in.

SJ Bronco
06-01-2009, 02:50 PM
It strikes me as obvious that the sharks are not involved. The NHL stands for not having luck around here.

Smiling Assassin27
06-01-2009, 03:14 PM
http://www.letsgowings.com/forums/uploads/monthly_05_2009/post-4209-1243804543_thumb.jpg

Broncojef
06-01-2009, 03:22 PM
http://www.letsgowings.com/forums/uploads/monthly_05_2009/post-4209-1243804543_thumb.jpg

Do you have a link where I could get a poster of that Helm shot? Thats awesome.

bronco militia
06-01-2009, 03:23 PM

well that's pretty ****ing gay

:rofl:

Smiling Assassin27
06-01-2009, 03:25 PM

if by 'gay', you mean 'cool', then yes, yes it is... :welcome:

bronco militia
06-01-2009, 03:26 PM
if by 'gay', you mean 'cool', then yes, yes it is... :welcome:

fag! ;D

Smiling Assassin27
06-01-2009, 03:27 PM
Do you have a link where I could get a poster of that Helm shot? Thats awesome.

no, some guy on lgw created it for a wallpaper, i believe.

http://www.letsgowings.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=58278&st=280

Smiling Assassin27
06-01-2009, 03:28 PM
fag! ;D

Hilarious!

SouthStndJunkie
06-01-2009, 03:28 PM

Don't listen to red wing militia....he is in denial over his love of the Red Wings.