PDA

View Full Version : If the Broncos season were an opening hand of Texas Hold 'Em, what would it be?

JCMElway
04-12-2009, 05:49 PM
Poll coming. Please assume all suited connectors, connectors, or suited options are of decent value (say....8s or better?)

Eldorado
04-12-2009, 05:54 PM
Is that before or after the flop?

JCMElway
04-12-2009, 05:55 PM
Before the flop. I think the flop would come after the first 4 games or so.

JCMElway
04-12-2009, 06:00 PM
Yeah, I went suited connectors like...J 10 or something like that. I was thinking pocket 9's, but way too many questions to be answered.

OBF1
Big Slick... Always looks good, but gets you into more trouble than good.

Popps
No question, suited connectors... and a middling variety.

7/8 of clubs.

The kind of hand you're absolutely not throwing away, even though most hands have you beat. A few things go right on the flop, and you've got someone with top pair on the hook as you chase your draw.

Do a little pot control, keep everyone in... and catch that last club on the river. Just hope someone isn't sitting there with a K-club flush in their hand or something.

Lots of possibility, here.... but still a modest hand.

gyldenlove
04-12-2009, 06:04 PM
Unsuited connectors, like 8H and 9C. Even if things work out just the way they are supposed we are still not going to be mindblowing, and chances are much better that we just end up with a lukewarm season that will fall short of anything special.

bap454
04-12-2009, 06:14 PM
Six Duece off suit...

Popps
04-12-2009, 07:10 PM
Big Slick... Always looks good, but gets you into more trouble than good.

:rofl:

How about KK?

I went through a stretch where I was almost convinced it was better to just muck KK before the flop. Is there a bigger ace-magnet in the deck than a couple of K's in your hand?

Anyway, this team won 8 games with zero defense and our best runner not playing most of the season. If we can even field an average D, I have faith in the staff and the guys we have on offense that we could be respectable.

Still looks like suited connectors, to me.

tsiguy96
04-12-2009, 07:21 PM
ummmm considering we havent even been to the draft yet, much less have any idea of what kind of team mcdaniels/nolan field, ill tell you in a few months ;)

Eli_Cash
04-12-2009, 07:25 PM
6/7 off suit

What's the table position?

frerottenextelway
04-12-2009, 07:31 PM
Anyway, this team won 8 games with zero defense and our best runner not playing most of the season....

That they did.

frerottenextelway
04-12-2009, 07:32 PM
We were dealt AA but swapped hands with the guy sitting next to us holding 94os. :thumbsup:

BFDD
04-12-2009, 07:38 PM
No question, suited connectors... and a middling variety.

7/8 of clubs.

The kind of hand you're absolutely not throwing away, even though most hands have you beat. A few things go right on the flop, and you've got someone with top pair on the hook as you chase your draw.

Do a little pot control, keep everyone in... and catch that last club on the river. Just hope someone isn't sitting there with a K-club flush in their hand or something.

Lots of possibility, here.... but still a modest hand.

x2

JCMElway
04-12-2009, 07:46 PM
ummmm considering we havent even been to the draft yet, much less have any idea of what kind of team mcdaniels/nolan field, ill tell you in a few months ;)

I'll bump this thread after the draft.

TheChamp24
04-12-2009, 09:04 PM
Anyway, this team won 8 games with zero defense and our best runner not playing most of the season. If we can even field an average D, I have faith in the staff and the guys we have on offense that we could be respectable.

Still looks like suited connectors, to me.

This team won 8 games with no defense, thanks to an easy as heck schedule in the thick of things.
Combined wining percentage of their schedule was 46%. Their 8 wins, winning percentage of opposing teams was 44% including 3 wins against teams picking in the top 10 this year.
Also, in their 8 losses, they were outscored in those on average by nearly 18 points a game. The Broncos wins, we outscored the opponents on average 8 points a game, and that INCLUDES the blowouts against Oakland and the Jets. Take those games out, and the figure diminishes to just over 3 points a game. Meaning, we could of had an absolutely dismal record last year.
I see the potential in the team, but I don't think this team is going to do a whole lot this year to be honest.

I personally think this team would be like a 3 and 7 of clubs. Potential is there, but in reality it doesn't look too good.

no-pseudo-fan
04-12-2009, 09:46 PM
I wanted to say 10 7 suited, but I think that pocket 6's is what I see now. If we can land another 6 on the flop we can check raise and catch everyone by surprise.

tsiguy96
04-12-2009, 09:52 PM
I'll bump this thread after the draft.

yay, the draft says alot about how good a team will be in the future. i can perfectly predict who busts and who goes all pro.