PDA

View Full Version : Marshall: Believes McDaniels is the brightest coach in the game and other comments

montrose
04-12-2009, 12:01 PM
Brandon Marshall provided some great comments to KDVR's Josina Anderson in a recent interview. Among his more interesting comments: Marshall admits the Jay Cutler-saga was getting to some of the players, professed excitement about playing with Kyle Orton and had many glowing statements about Josh McDaniels including calling him the brightest coach in the game.

http://community.kdvr.com/_BRANDON-MARSHALL-REACTS-TO-CUTLERS-DEPARTURE/BLOG/238189/96399.html;jsessionid=9426EB2391ACFE4B7BA4C214123A 3AC5?as=96399

Popps
04-12-2009, 12:03 PM
He's afraid.

They're making him say that.

It's a culture of fear!

Dagmar
04-12-2009, 12:26 PM
I think Broncos fans should just relax a little bit and be excited about the direction we’re headed in and believe in coach [Josh] McDaniels and Mr. [Bowlen] and believe in what we’re doing. I think at the end of the day we’re going to be okay.

No! We must freak out!

barryr
04-12-2009, 12:34 PM
Nah, the Cutler fans would rather piss and moan about any and every move McDaniels will make up to the start of the season and hope the team loses so Shanahan will get rehired.

baja
04-12-2009, 12:42 PM
Thanks Montrose you're the man around here ;D

parts I liked;

You look at his record, [Orton] is 15-2 at home and he’s a winner. You can throw for 4,500 yards and 20 some touchdowns, but if you don’t win at the end of the day it doesn’t matter. So, I’m glad we have a winner out of this, and we’re on the right track to get our organization where we need it to be.

Jay [Cutler] was one of the biggest puzzle [pieces] to our team. He was the quarterback, probably one of the toughest positions to play. For him to be on the trading block is kind of an uneasy feeling. Now we can all sit back and just move forward, and believe in the system and coach [Josh] McDaniels and what we’re trying to accomplish. It just shows that we all need to be on the same page.

I think we probably have the brightest coach in the game now. By sitting back and just observing, and just trying to learn from coach [Josh] McDaniels. We know we lost someone special, a great talent, but I think the chemistry as far as everyone being on the same page means that much more than having someone who can just sling it and make plays on the field. We got to have that chemistry in the locker room and we have to be on the same page.

think Broncos fans should just relax a little bit and be excited about the direction we’re headed in and believe in coach [Josh] McDaniels and Mr. [Bowlen] and believe in what we’re doing. I think at the end of the day we’re going to be okay.

[

Archer81
04-12-2009, 12:47 PM
What? The players support the new coach? BLASPHEMY!

:Broncos:

Dudeskey
04-12-2009, 12:50 PM
He's afraid.

It's a culture of fear!

Its because McD has some remote control channel lock pliers surgically installed on Marshall's genitals. He says anything bad...

OBF1
04-12-2009, 01:14 PM
SoCal and Mock will be all over this

Dagmar
04-12-2009, 01:23 PM
SoCal and Mock will be all over this

http://images.rockmnation.com/images/admin/its_peanut_butter_jelly_time_from_f.gif

BroncoBuff
04-12-2009, 01:32 PM
Remarkable, very well said ... especially for this kid with his knucklehead history.

Are you sure he wasn't reading from a "prepared statement"? :~ohyah!:

Hogan11
04-12-2009, 01:58 PM
Remarkable, very well said ... especially for this kid with his knucklehead history.

..towing the company line because he knows he could be next ROFL!

TheReverend
04-12-2009, 02:00 PM
Does it seem to anyone else like those two had some falling out?

Less than a year ago he was staying at Jay's house during his suspension so he could stay involved with game plans and so on.

Then we get the profanity laced tirade when he found out Jay was on the block.

Now, it's almost back-handed "good riddance" comments, at least from my POV.

This off-season is just ****ing strange.

HEAV
04-12-2009, 02:06 PM
We know we lost someone special, a great talent, but I think the chemistry as far as everyone being on the same page means that much more than having someone who can just sling it and make plays on the field. We got to have that chemistry in the locker room and we have to be on the same page.

Kid A
04-12-2009, 02:12 PM

The thing is, Marshall has always come across as well spoken (at least to me), which makes it so frustrating/beguiling that he can't stay out of trouble off the field.

In terms of intelligence and personality he's worlds above other "troublemakers" in the league (i.e. Pacman, anyone on the Bengals), but has many of the same decision making breakdowns.

Broncos4tw
04-12-2009, 02:15 PM
Blahblahblah, yackitysmackity... it's all just gibberish until the season starts. Every year, EVERY team is super optimistic. It's all roses and sunshine and parades.. until week 1. Then a whole lot of team come crashing down to reality. Hell, even last year, our D was going to be "great" under Slowik. Remember comments like "We're really excited, this system is going to let us fly all over the place, we're really going to be able to make some plays." Well, we saw how that worked out.

And if your probowl QB can be traded, and comments from the coach made it clear NO one is safe, I'd be singing his praises too.

footstepsfrom#27
04-12-2009, 02:18 PM
Nah, the Cutler fans would rather piss and moan about any and every move McDaniels will make up to the start of the season and hope the team loses so Shanahan will get rehired.
Yes barry...all 8% of us minus the people who voted that way to pad the numbers. :thumbs:

Marshall talks about chemistry and winning as opposed to stats on the field as if Jay wasn't a winner. Maybe he's not the best guy to be speaking for that given his own history of off the field immaturity.

Show me your walk...then I'll listen to your talk.

easymobee
04-12-2009, 02:44 PM
It doesn't matter either way. I don't think it would have Bill Brooks and Clarence Verdin a whole lot of good to hold onto and bemoan the loss of Elway, move on and know that your career can/will move on w/o the QB that isn't. At least our QB in return wasn't Gary Hogeboom. Good read, thanks to the poster who put it in quotes.

UberBroncoMan
04-12-2009, 02:57 PM
What? The players support the new coach? BLASPHEMY!

:Broncos:

Yeah... why would a player talk up their new coach??? The madness!

All the crap going on right now is purely political. None of this **** matters until the season starts-ends and we see what our record is.

NYBronco
04-12-2009, 03:11 PM
Marshal's tone will change when he finds out some team called and wanted to discuss trade options with the Broncos.

tsiguy96
04-12-2009, 03:17 PM
Marshal's tone will change when he finds out some team called and wanted to discuss trade options with the Broncos.

whos to say they havent? as multiple people in the NFL have said, all sorts of trade talks are discussed every offseason.

tsiguy96
04-12-2009, 03:18 PM

All the crap going on right now is purely political. None of this **** matters until the season starts-ends and we see what our record is.

that includes all the people bitching about how bad this team will inevitably be ;)

NYBronco
04-12-2009, 03:24 PM
whos to say they havent? as multiple people in the NFL have said, all sorts of trade talks are discussed every offseason.

No way... just don't let the players know this.

tsiguy96
04-12-2009, 03:26 PM
No way... just don't let the players know this.

dont let emotionally unstable players with ego problems know this.

gyldenlove
04-12-2009, 03:33 PM
In other news, Mcdaniels: Believes Marshall is not the brightest reciever in the game and other comments

halfcreek
04-12-2009, 03:38 PM
..towing the company line because he knows he could be next ROFL!

What, with Spider's truck?

Popps
04-12-2009, 03:39 PM
Marshall continues to impress me when the mic is in front of him. I honestly think he's got a future in front of the camera doing NFL coverage.

Like Kid A said, it's hard to understand how this guy is such a dope in everyday life. It's not like he's Pacman jones and just too stupid to follow the rules.

Honestly, I've though Marshall was stupid in the past, but he's not. He just choses to be an idiot.

All we can do is hope he turns it around. He sounds very excited about football again. Hopefully he can keep his head straight.

Broncojef
04-12-2009, 03:40 PM
He's afraid.

It's a culture of fear!

Good it's about time these punks knew who's in charge.

broncofan7
04-12-2009, 03:57 PM
WOW. A VERY mature interview by Brandon--I grow more impressed every time he addresses the media..if he could only stop dating women who like fight like Gina Carano, he'll be okay.

~Crash~
04-12-2009, 05:03 PM
Brandon Marshall provided some great comments to KDVR's Josina Anderson in a recent interview. Among his more interesting comments: Marshall admits the Jay Cutler-saga was getting to some of the players, professed excitement about playing with Kyle Orton and had many glowing statements about Josh McDaniels including calling him the brightest coach in the game.

http://community.kdvr.com/_BRANDON-MARSHALL-REACTS-TO-CUTLERS-DEPARTURE/BLOG/238189/96399.html;jsessionid=9426EB2391ACFE4B7BA4C214123A 3AC5?as=96399

it also said he was on the trading blocks all a long .....

frerottenextelway
04-12-2009, 05:04 PM
Remember when Champ said Slowik was one of the best defensive coaches in football?

Not that anyone really doubts McD's X's and O's though.

Kaylore
04-12-2009, 05:08 PM
Remember when Champ said Slowik was one of the best defensive coaches in football?

Not that anyone really doubts McD's X's and O's though.

I believe that was Bly.

Majik
04-12-2009, 05:20 PM
Blahblahblah, yackitysmackity... it's all just gibberish until the season starts. Every year, EVERY team is super optimistic. It's all roses and sunshine and parades.. until week 1. Then a whole lot of team come crashing down to reality. Hell, even last year, our D was going to be "great" under Slowik. Remember comments like "We're really excited, this system is going to let us fly all over the place, we're really going to be able to make some plays." Well, we saw how that worked out.

That's a Mike Shanahan team for you. McD is here to pull us out of mediocrity :notworthy .

Kaylore
04-12-2009, 05:28 PM
Some of these quotes seem interesting.

You can throw for 4,500 yards and 20 some touchdowns, but if you don’t win at the end of the day it doesn’t matter. So, I’m glad we have a winner out of this, and we’re on the right track to get our organization where we need it to be.

We know we lost someone special, a great talent, but I think the chemistry as far as everyone being on the same page means that much more than having someone who can just sling it and make plays on the field. We got to have that chemistry in the locker room and we have to be on the same page.

elsid13
04-12-2009, 05:30 PM
I believe that was Bly.

it was Champ

BroncoBuff
04-12-2009, 05:30 PM
I believe that was Bly.

Bly might've said something like that too, but I definitely remember Champ saying Slo was his "favorite coach ever" I think he said.

Seems pretty goofy in hindsight ... ???

Slo prolly shouldda stayed a position coach, he might've succeeded there.

Kaylore
04-12-2009, 05:32 PM
Bly might've said something like that too, but I definitely remember Champ saying Slo was his "favorite coach ever" I think he said.

Seems pretty goofy in hindsight ... ???

Slo prolly shouldda stayed a position coach, he might've succeeded there.

I'd have to see the quote and the context. Slowick was a pretty good DB coach too. If it was before he was coordinator then I would believe it. I do know the only one singing his praises last season was Bly.

montrose
04-12-2009, 05:57 PM
Does it seem to anyone else like those two had some falling out?

Less than a year ago he was staying at Jay's house during his suspension so he could stay involved with game plans and so on.

Then we get the profanity laced tirade when he found out Jay was on the block.

Now, it's almost back-handed "good riddance" comments, at least from my POV.

This off-season is just ****ing strange.

I've thought the same thing.

Honestly, I think McDaniels is a hell of a salesmen. I'm not insulting him as a coach, but when I hear about how he "blew them away" in the interview process; then how Dawkins came here because of "Josh's plan"; then Xanders stating, verbatim, the smart/tough/pressure line of McDaniels; and finally returning players like Marshall and Dumervil cheerleading the company mission - it leads me to think he's sold all of these guys somehow or another.

Per Marshall, it wouldn't shock me if McDaniels pulled a bit of a sales job on him to get him on board with the franchise and in some ways sever his relationship with Cutler. I recently read in the Post that Marshall hasn't even spoken with Cutler since the trade, and some of his comments and voice inflections during interviews led me to speculate he's blaming Jay for this - which could be some crafty mind-manipulation from McDaniels. Again, just speculation on my part. Either way, I think it's great that the team is on board with the new direction.

frerottenextelway
04-12-2009, 06:01 PM
I'd have to see the quote and the context. Slowick was a pretty good DB coach too. If it was before he was coordinator then I would believe it. I do know the only one singing his praises last season was Bly.

The best I could find...

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_8189969

"To tell the truth, I think this is a year too late," Bailey said Wednesday at the Pro Bowl. "Nothing against (Jim) Bates, but Slowik is the right fit for this defense."

http://www.milehighreport.com/story/2008/1/9/105830/4805

Champ Bailey went so far as to say that Slowik is "the best coach I have ever had". High praise from your defensive superstar, one that is sure to get the attention of the guy calling the shots.

tsiguy96
04-12-2009, 06:03 PM

Honestly, I think McDaniels is a hell of a salesmen. I'm not insulting him as a coach, but when I hear about how he "blew them away" in the interview process; then how Dawkins came here because of "Josh's plan"; then Xanders stating, verbatim, the smart/tough/pressure line of McDaniels; and finally returning players like Marshall and Dumervil cheerleading the company mission - it leads me to think he's sold all of these guys somehow or another.

Per Marshall, it wouldn't shock me if McDaniels pulled a bit of a sales job on him to get him on board with the franchise and in some ways sever his relationship with Cutler. I recently read in the Post that Marshall hasn't even spoken with Cutler since the trade, and some of his comments and voice inflections during interviews led me to speculate he's blaming Jay for this - which could be some crafty mind-manipulation from McDaniels. Again, just speculation on my part. Either way, I think it's great that the team is on board with the new direction.

i agree 100%, and i think its a great thing. a coach who can get everyone on the same page by selling the same winning philosophy to everyone is something very coaches have been able to do. id love to see him deliver, but the attitude that the team is ready to compete right now is awesome. we are no longer "1 or 2 players away" we are ready now.

Broncobuddy7
04-12-2009, 08:00 PM
Well said Marshall

gyldenlove
04-12-2009, 08:12 PM
Well yeah, I’m not going to sit here and say it didn’t bother anybody. Jay [Cutler] was one of the biggest puzzle [pieces] to our team. He was the quarterbac<WBR>k, probably one of the toughest positions to play. For him to be on the trading block is kind of an uneasy feeling.

I think at the end of the day we’re going to be okay.

We are going to be okay, huh, well okay got Shanahan fired. Lets just hope we won't have any more uneasy feelings in the locker room.

Inkana7
04-12-2009, 08:37 PM

Your theory is Star Wars Episode III-esque.

baja
04-12-2009, 09:13 PM

Per Marshall, it wouldn't shock me if McDaniels pulled a bit of a sales job on him to get him on board with the franchise and in some ways sever his relationship with Cutler. I recently read in the Post that Marshall hasn't even spoken with Cutler since the trade, and some of his comments and voice inflections during interviews<b> led me to speculate he's blaming Jay for this - which could be some crafty mind-manipulation from McDaniels.</b> Again, just speculation on my part. Either way, I think it's great that the team is on board with the new direction.

http://www.knowyourmind.co.uk/images/spiral.jpg

SoCalBronco
04-12-2009, 09:15 PM
http://www.knowyourmind.co.uk/images/spiral.jpg

Indeed.

Our coach is very gifted at these things. ;D

The MVPlaya
04-12-2009, 09:18 PM
He's afraid.

It's a culture of fear!

That's called religion.

:thumbsup:

Atwater His Ass
04-12-2009, 09:40 PM
i agree 100%, and i think its a great thing. a coach who can get everyone on the same page by selling the same winning philosophy to everyone is something very coaches have been able to do. id love to see him deliver, but the attitude that the team is ready to compete right now is awesome. we are no longer "1 or 2 players away" we are ready now.

most ridculous statment made this offseason. lol

baja
04-12-2009, 09:41 PM
Indeed.

Our coach is very gifted at these things. ;D

So when he turns out to be a great coach and Bowlen shows why he is considered by many (that you admire) the best owner in all of sports how you gonna act.

I say about half way through your time at training camp is when you will come to the realization that Josh McDaniels is going to be one hell of a coach we will be waiting for your crow eating posts have you thought about what you will say?.

I see you already warming up a little in your posts.

BroncoBuff is already deep into the Josh bandwagon and you are on the way. ;D

tsiguy96
04-12-2009, 09:45 PM
most ridculous statment made this offseason. lol

im not saying from an outside view thats how the team is, they are a lot of players away haha. but the feeling that mcdaniels is instilling in the locker room seems to be much different than one shanahan did.

KillerBronco#76
04-12-2009, 10:14 PM
I have no clue how this isn't mentioned as a favorite quote.

You know my job is to just catch the ball. Catch the ball and be a great teammate, and be a good guy in the locker room. I’m going to leave that up to coach [Josh] McDaniels, and let his staff decide what direction we go in with the draft. Maybe one day I’ll get paid to make decisions as far as personnel. Now I’m just getting paid to catch the football.

That should be was every player says. He is there to do the job he is paid to do.

The man is attracted to drama queens... it happens. the only real mistake he made in his career was wrestling his brother. Apart from that one thing, i can't say he has acted like a knucklehead at all, have been a supporter of marshall and have said he has no character problems from his rookie year yet now people are starting to understand after calling him a thug several times.

Paladin
04-12-2009, 10:22 PM
He's afraid.

It's a culture of fear!

Hilarious!

SoCalBronco
04-12-2009, 10:25 PM
So when he turns out to be a great coach and Bowlen shows why he is considered by many (that you admire) the best owner in all of sports how you gonna act.

I say about half way through your time at training camp is when you will come to the realization that Josh McDaniels is going to be one hell of a coach we will be waiting for your crow eating posts have you thought about what you will say?.

I see you already warming up a little in your posts.

BroncoBuff is already deep into the Josh bandwagon and you are on the way. ;D

We'll see what happens, baja. We will see soon enough.

tsiguy96
04-12-2009, 10:44 PM
We'll see what happens, baja. We will see soon enough.

dude, thats what everyone has been preaching for the past like, months. no one thinks mcdaniels is the absolute sure fire savior, but we are all willling to give him a chance to see what he puts on the field and all bronco fans should extend atleast that courtesy.

baja
04-12-2009, 11:22 PM
dude, thats what everyone has been preaching for the past like, months. <b> no one thinks mcdaniels is the absolute sure fire savior,</b> but we are all willling to give him a chance to see what he puts on the field and all bronco fans should extend atleast that courtesy.

I now do.

Kaylore
04-12-2009, 11:56 PM
I now do.

I'm going to let him play a season before I form an opinion. I like his resume, I like what he's done with the team. I like that he puts a priority on getting men that are willing to earn their keep. He's taking this team in a good direction so far. Does that mean he can evaluate talent? Does that mean he can draft? Does that mean we'll win games? I have no idea. I like what I've seen so far, but none of it means anything without the wins.

Hulamau
04-13-2009, 12:55 AM

That's 80% or more of what a coach is. He has to know Xs & Os and have a solid plan no doubt, but his prime function from dealing with the water boy to the owner in Selling the dream!

Its called motivation and its clear these guys get it that McD is smart as a whip and highly motivating and dedicated.

In many ways I think this is one of the best outcomes of the Cutler fiasco, that it very directly conveyed to each player who the boss is here, there is no more 'who is this 32 year old kid' stuff on the team now. Even if some of the players aren't yet sure about the trade and how it will turn out , they know that McD has gone through a very tough first three months and come out stronger for it.

As the players all get to know each other, and remember more than half the team will never have even played with Cutler by the time September roles around, and get to know Orton and his easy going and friendly personality in the locker room all the issues of this trade will be long gone for them before training camp even begins.

And like McD said in part 2 of the Logan interview, There are a million ways to win, we win as a TEAM and not just on one player.

Keep on selling em Josh!

That One Guy
04-13-2009, 04:29 AM
Jay [Cutler] was one of the biggest puzzle [pieces] to our team. He was the quarterback, probably one of the toughest positions to play. For him to be on the trading block is kind of an uneasy feeling. Now we can all sit back and just move forward, and believe in the system and coach [Josh] McDaniels and what we’re trying to accomplish. It just shows that we all need to be on the same page.

How does that work exactly?

I don't know what others see, the guy never comes across as very bright.

Grover
04-13-2009, 08:05 AM
sit back and just move forward

I'm pretty sure he meant to sit back emotionally and get this all behind us, and move forward with preparing for the season.

footstepsfrom#27
04-13-2009, 08:09 AM

How does that work exactly?

I don't know what others see, the guy never comes across as very bright.
You noticed that too eh?

Marshall says he's the brightest coach in the game. How many has he played for?

Oh yeah...

baja
04-13-2009, 08:21 AM
You noticed that too eh?

Marshall says he's the brightest coach in the game. How many has he played for?

Oh yeah...

How many have you played for? Yet you seem to have an opinion.

footstepsfrom#27
04-13-2009, 08:30 AM
How many have you played for? Yet you seem to have an opinion.
I haven't stated who the brightest coach in the game is have I? That's because unlike Brandon Marshall I don't think I know.

And as a fan it doesn't matter what I think anyway...but people LISTEN to a player. They think he must know something since he's a player. So since this guy is stating an opinion people (like you) take as legitimate...it's ALSO legitimate for us to ask him; How do you know this? ...especially in light of the fact that he's pontificating about team leadership over stats and he's the biggest example of a guy who has been about stats instead of leadership on and off the field.

How many times has he been called an idiot on this board?

baja
04-13-2009, 08:33 AM
I haven't stated who the brightest coach in the game is have I? That's because unlike Brandon Marshall I don't think I know.

And as a fan it doesn't matter what I think anyway...but people LISTEN to a player. They think he must know something since he's a player. So since this guy is stating an opinion people (like you) take as legitimate...it's ALSO legitimate for us to ask him; How do you know this? ...especially in light of the fact that he's pontificating about team leadership over stats and he's the biggest example of a guy who has been about stats instead of leadership on and off the field.

How many times has he been called an idiot on this board?

You show your colors with this argument what in the world is wrong with a young star stating he thinks his new coach is the smartest coach in the league, it seems like you would prefer him to say what you are saying, that he sucks before before he has his first mini camp.

colonelbeef
04-13-2009, 08:42 AM

Exactly.

Love how now Marshall is giving out sage wisdom according to the McDaniels apologists.

Has nothing to do with wanting to repair his image, or with a new contract down the road in mind. :yep:

footstepsfrom#27
04-13-2009, 08:58 AM
You show your colors with this argument what in the world is wrong with a young star stating he thinks his new coach is the smartest coach in the league, it seems like you would prefer him to say what you are saying, that he sucks before before he has his first mini camp.
My "true colors"? You're implying that I'm hiding how I feel about this guy? Yes...I'm known in here as someone who generally keeps his opinion to himself if it's unpopular... :giggle:

I've stated exactly what I think, and nowhere have I said "he sucks"...the fact is we don't know (and neither does Brandon Marshall) if he can coach or not.

I didn't say there was anything "wrong" with Marshall expressing his opinion. I said his opinion is based on no facts to support it...because it is. He can believe whatever he wants to, and in fact he might be proven right....who knows? But since it's BRANDON MARSHALL...I take it with as much credibility as I would take anything else he says.

Call me when we win a preseason game.

baja
04-13-2009, 09:12 AM
My "true colors"? You're implying that I'm hiding how I feel about this guy? Yes...I'm known in here as someone who generally keeps his opinion to himself if it's unpopular... :giggle:

I've stated exactly what I think, and nowhere have I said "he sucks"...the fact is we don't know (and neither does Brandon Marshall) if he can coach or not.

I didn't say there was anything "wrong" with Marshall expressing his opinion. I said his opinion is based on no facts to support it...because it is. He can believe whatever he wants to, and in fact he might be proven right....who knows? But since it's BRANDON MARSHALL...I take it with as much credibility as I would take anything else he says.

Call me when we win a preseason game.

By "True colors" I mean you are closed minded to any information that suggests McD might be a very good thing that has happened to our team. I think you are one of the guys that want Mcd to fail just so you can be right.

BTW I won't be calling you after a win because I am too busy watching and reading about the wonderful changes that are finally coming to my Broncos so you'll have to wallow in your misery all by yourself or you could PM So Cal or TJ they might join you.;D

footstepsfrom#27
04-13-2009, 09:21 AM
By "True colors" I mean you are closed minded to any information that suggests McD might be a very good thing that has happened to our team. I think you are one of the guys that want Mcd to fail just so you can be right.
I voted "no" on that stupid poll. As I just said...I'm not shy about telling you my opinion...if I wanted him to fail so he'd get fired I would tell you so. What's not clear here? As for little hoodie being "a very good thing"...I go only by what I see him doing. So far...not impressed. Might he turn it around? I sure hope so. Be honest here...if McOpie had told Bowlen going into the interview that he wanted to dump Cutler, do you think Pat would have hired him? If we had been told ahead of time that he wanted to bring in MC would you have wanted him to get the job?
BTW I won't be calling you after a win because I am too busy watching and reading about the wonderful changes that are finally coming to my Broncos so you'll have to wallow in your misery all by yourself or you could PM So Cal or TJ they might join you.;D
Well that just ruined my day.

baja
04-13-2009, 09:36 AM
What makes you think he wanted to get rid of Cutler. geez where do you get this shiit from?

I am sure I do not ruin your days you do that all by your self. ;D

Want to bet with be as to rather McDaniels wins coach of the year honors?

tsiguy96
04-13-2009, 09:47 AM
I voted "no" on that stupid poll. As I just said...I'm not shy about telling you my opinion...if I wanted him to fail so he'd get fired I would tell you so. What's not clear here? As for little hoodie being "a very good thing"...I go only by what I see him doing. So far...not impressed. Might he turn it around? I sure hope so. Be honest here...if McOpie had told Bowlen going into the interview that he wanted to dump Cutler, do you think Pat would have hired him? If we had been told ahead of time that he wanted to bring in MC would you have wanted him to get the job?

Well that just ruined my day.

if pat bowlen knew at any time in his career that his "star QB" would refuse to talk to him, the owner of the team and signer of his paychecks, do you think he would let mcdaniels KEEP cutler?

Orange_Beard
04-13-2009, 09:47 AM
What would Brandon Marshall use to judge McDaniels' brightness?

no-pseudo-fan
04-13-2009, 09:59 AM

Paula Abdul?

footstepsfrom#27
04-13-2009, 10:26 AM
What makes you think he wanted to get rid of Cutler. geez where do you get this shiit from?
I didn't say he did. I said "IF"...it was a hypothetical for you to answer the question of whether you'd have wanted him here if you knew Cutler woudn't be here. So how bout answering it?
Want to bet with be as to rather McDaniels wins coach of the year honors?
Are you giving odds? If you're talking about this coming year and a straight yes or no bet I'm sure you can find a betting type to take that one.

footstepsfrom#27
04-13-2009, 10:27 AM
if pat bowlen knew at any time in his career that his "star QB" would refuse to talk to him, the owner of the team and signer of his paychecks, do you think he would let mcdaniels KEEP cutler?
Nice to know you swallow everything coming from Pat.

gyldenlove
04-13-2009, 10:52 AM

Throw him at the wall and see if he sticks?

baja
04-13-2009, 11:18 AM

Brandon Marshall is not a stupid guy he just does stupid stuff.

Just like Jay Cutler is not a stupid guy he just does stupid stuff.

tsiguy96
04-13-2009, 11:20 AM

nice to know that if your boss calls you, especially if hes paying you millions of dollars per year, you dont NOT answer because your ego is hurt.

baja
04-13-2009, 11:22 AM

We all are working off a very limited set of facts in this Cutler/McDaniels argument but the one fact we do know is that Pat Bowlen is considered by almost everyone in the know to be one of the best owners in all of pro sports. He is the known commodity in all of this speculation that is why I chose to trust in his decisions until they are proven wrong.

Pat Bowlen
04-13-2009, 11:37 AM
This is a disgusting lie.

Orange_Beard
04-13-2009, 12:03 PM
Brandon Marshall is not a stupid guy he just does stupid stuff.

Just like Jay Cutler is not a stupid guy he just does stupid stuff.

How else are going to you judge intelligence?

Mama said, stupid is as stupid does.

misturanderson
04-13-2009, 12:40 PM
I didn't say he did. I said "IF"...it was a hypothetical for you to answer the question of whether you'd have wanted him here if you knew Cutler woudn't be here. So how bout answering it?

Your original question, while actually hypothetical like you said, is based on an assertion that to the best of anyone's knowledge was false.

Be honest here...if McOpie had told Bowlen going into the interview that he wanted to dump Cutler, do you think Pat would have hired him? If we had been told ahead of time that he wanted to bring in MC would you have wanted him to get the job?

Josh McDaniels has at many points stated that he didn't come in wanting to get rid of Cutler, in fact all of the actions that he has taken since the trade talks were leaked have proven that he wasn't against having Cutler on the team. He was simply presented with an opportunity (which was not taken) to potentially trade Cutler for a quarterback that he had first-hand experience working with along with other compensation that could be used to balance the team.

So what exactly was the point of your hypothetical question? Oh that's right there was none.

It's like saying that if you got into a car ACCIDENT you should have asked yourself if you would have gotten into the car that morning knowing that you would get in an accident. Well maybe you would, but you'd take a different route to where you were going, not that it matters because people don't have the benefit of foresight.

footstepsfrom#27
04-13-2009, 02:34 PM
Your original question, while actually hypothetical like you said, is based on an assertion that to the best of anyone's knowledge was false.

Josh McDaniels has at many points stated that he didn't come in wanting to get rid of Cutler, in fact all of the actions that he has taken since the trade talks were leaked have proven that he wasn't against having Cutler on the team. He was simply presented with an opportunity (which was not taken) to potentially trade Cutler for a quarterback that he had first-hand experience working with along with other compensation that could be used to balance the team.

So what exactly was the point of your hypothetical question? Oh that's right there was none.

It's like saying that if you got into a car ACCIDENT you should have asked yourself if you would have gotten into the car that morning knowing that you would get in an accident. Well maybe you would, but you'd take a different route to where you were going, not that it matters because people don't have the benefit of foresight.
What is this the Wonderlic? Wash...rinse...repeat. Thanks for all that.

I'll phrase it so you can get it:

If you had known that Cutler would not be on the team this year would you have wanted Pat to hire him or one of the other coaches he interviewed?

tsiguy96
04-13-2009, 02:50 PM

If you had known that Cutler would not be on the team this year would you have wanted Pat to hire him or one of the other coaches he interviewed?

if i had known how cutler would react under conditions of diversity, when he gets the least bit uncomfortable that he locks himself up at home and cuts off all communication with everyone, i absolutely wouldnt want him off the team.

Old No. 7
04-13-2009, 03:59 PM

He'll be hired.

In Chicago.
Print It!

footstepsfrom#27
04-13-2009, 04:21 PM
if i had known how cutler would react under conditions of diversity, when he gets the least bit uncomfortable that he locks himself up at home and cuts off all communication with everyone, i absolutely wouldnt want him off the team.
Yeah diversity can be a ***** for sure. Good thing there's none of that in Chicago. Hilarious!

misturanderson
04-13-2009, 04:24 PM

If it means that we field a real defense, one capable of winning more than 8 games, then absolutely. Also, if it means that the number of interceptions that the QB throws without being under pressure (something Cutler did on quite a few occasions) is reduced drastically, then yes. And if it means that the new coaches won't be undermined by one of the players, then yes.

You may have wanted your question to make that point, but throwing in a baseless attack on McD is a bad way of going about it.

footstepsfrom#27
04-13-2009, 04:34 PM
If it means that we field a real defense, one capable of winning more than 8 games, then absolutely. Also, if it means that the number of interceptions that the QB throws without being under pressure (something Cutler did on quite a few occasions) is reduced drastically, then yes. And if it means that the new coaches won't be undermined by one of the players, then yes.

You may have wanted your question to make that point, but throwing in a baseless attack on McD is a bad way of going about it.
So is tossing out meaningless stats. Orton has a career 3.0 INT % btw...exactly the same as Cutler's. Of course he was a caretaker QB who didn't have to try to score 40 pts a game to win but hey...whatever makes you feel better.

misturanderson
04-13-2009, 04:41 PM
My key point was that Cutler threw a lot of interceptions when he had all day to throw and wide open check down receivers. Not that he threw a lot of interceptions.

broncofan7
04-13-2009, 06:13 PM
So is tossing out meaningless stats. Orton has a career 3.0 INT % btw...exactly the same as Cutler's. Of course he was a caretaker QB who didn't have to try to score 40 pts a game to win but hey...whatever makes you feel better.

EXACLTY---Our defense gave up 28 pts/game--good for 30th. CHI-towns gave up 21.9 pts/gm good for 16th. All of these people who are downplaying how important it is to have an elite talent at the most important position on the field will rue the day that Bowlen got that twinkle in his eye for McD. and to give up that talent for nothing more than THREE risky assets and a mid level QB is that much more telling. 5 or 6 wins. MAXIMUM. We should have hired Spags and kept Bates.........we still would have signed Dawkins (he played under SPags in PHI), goodman or had Lito shephard, etc and WE would still be in position to get a solid player @#12. Instead we have a BIG QUESTION mark @ QB on top of our pressing defensive needs. There is NOTHING MORE TO IT THAN THAT. He took a glass half full situation(fix the defense/ST's) and DROPPED THE ENTIRE ****ING GLASS.

Odysseus
04-13-2009, 06:48 PM
Since Shannon Sharpe retired I have not heard of a single player commentary that actually was accurate prior to a game.