PDA

View Full Version : Orton's Experience Outweighs Simms - DP

Hulamau
04-12-2009, 01:01 AM
This is why we aren't taking any first round QB.

Orton's experience outweighs Simms'
Former Bears QB ready to "thrive"
By Mike Klis
The Denver Post
Posted: 04/12/2009 12:30:00 AM MDT

The last time Kyle Orton and Chris Simms led their respective teams to the playoffs, so did Jake Plummer.

It was 2005, a season that in many ways was so long ago.

The difference between Orton and the other two is that he didn't get rewarded for his accomplishment. After posting a 10-5 record for the Chicago Bears as a rookie starter in 2005, he was replaced by Rex Grossman for the playoffs. Orton remained on the bench until he beat out Grossman for the job late in the 2007 season. (Because Lovey Smith/Ron Turner got enamored with Grossman as a savior type, not unlike now, it took then two years to realize they made a mistake, perhaps they wil lbe kicking themselves again at the end of this season).

"I've been through a lot in four years, there's no question about it," said the newest Broncos quarterback. "Right now, I appreciate the past I had in Chicago, but I'm so excited for the future."

Strange how the Broncos' upcoming season circles back to 2005. It was the last good season for Plummer and, come to think of it, the last good season for the Broncos. The Broncos made it to the conference championship game, but in a series of fateful events, Plummer played just one more year, a season in which he was replaced by Jay Cutler.

Now, Cutler is gone, swapped for Orton and draft picks to Chicago, with Simms having arrived as a free agent expecting to back up Cutler. He's now battling Orton for the starting job.

"Chris has got a lot of things I value at quarterback," Broncos coach Josh McDaniels said. "One of the things I value is his ability to learn our system, his intelligence, his decision-making. All of those things to me are important before you start talking about his throwing abilities, which Chris obviously has too."

Simms guided Tampa Bay to a 6-2 record in the second half of the 2005 season, then saw a potential game-tying touchdown pass muffed late in a first-round playoff loss to Washington. He suffered an injury to his spleen in his third game the next season and has played little since. Still, McDaniels remembered enough of Simms' game to sign the blond southpaw to a two-year, $6 million contract even before knowing he would trade Cutler.

McDaniels said there will be open competition for the quarterback spot, as there will for all positions. But considering the status of cornerback Champ Bailey, safety Brian Dawkins and left tackle Ryan Clady, it's fair to surmise that proclamations of competitive fairness carry varying degrees of diplomacy.

Make no mistake, the quarterback job is Orton's to lose. The Broncos may be paying Simms more money, but it's been too long since he took a meaningful snap to believe he is viewed on par with Orton to take the first snap in the season-opening game.

And even if the Broncos were to select Southern California quarterback Mark Sanchez with the No. 12 pick in the draft, Orton would remain the odds-on favorite to start the season. After all, Orton not only won in 2005, he won as recently as last season, posting a 9-6 record with the Bears. And until he severely sprained his ankle in the eighth game of the season, there wasn't a quarterback in the league playing much better.

Check out this three-week stretch of statistics directly before his injury: 301.0 passing yards per game, five touchdown passes, no interceptions and a 106.2 rating. And that was while playing quarterback for defensive- minded head coach Lovie Smith.

"Not taking anything away from a defensive head coach," Orton said. "That's what they know, that's their passion, and that's what they're going to coach toward. I know we were safe a lot of times in Chicago. There were a lot of game situations where we played it pretty safe and let our special teams and defense win it."
Have fun with that high powered offensive system Baby Jay ;)

If Orton is struggling now, it's containing his enthusiasm at the prospect of playing for an offensive-minded coach such as McDaniels. The Broncos' system will ask its quarterback to throw oodles of high-percentage passes a game, mostly from the shotgun formation.

"Taking nothing away from my days in Chicago, but this is an offense that a quarterback can thrive in," Orton said. "Hopefully, I can take the next step in my career and become a top-level quarterback in this league."

Dagmar
04-12-2009, 01:13 AM
Nope. All of those comments and stats are lies. The sky is falling. Get on board.

Let the self hate reign!!!

elsid13
04-12-2009, 06:35 AM
What an awful report. So he played a lot of games because the he had Grossman as competitor for the spot. Ever stop and think that Turner (know for liking to attack down field) was playing it safe because of Orton limitations? I know Orton will be the best QB in the league because of McDaniels.

watermock
04-12-2009, 07:21 AM
Orton will continue to see plenty of time on the bench in Denver, watching opposing teams offenses march down the field again and again against a squad woefully inadequte in personell in atleast 8 players and trying to run a 3/4 with the undersized Moss and Dumberville either undersized at DE or clueless at OLB.

Inkana7
04-12-2009, 08:27 AM
Orton will continue to see plenty of time on the bench in Denver, watching opposing teams offenses march down the field again and again against a squad woefully inadequte in personell in atleast 8 players and trying to run a 3/4 with the undersized Moss and Dumberville either undersized at DE or clueless at OLB.

Mock, shut up.

frerottenextelway
04-12-2009, 08:40 AM
Y/A
Orton 5.8
Griese 7.0

I think at some point McD's downfield scheme and Orton's dink and dunk history will collide.

BroncoInferno
04-12-2009, 08:57 AM
Y/A
Orton 5.8
Griese 7.0

I think at some point McD's downfield scheme and Orton's dink and dunk history will collide.

McDs scheme is not a downfield offense.

tsiguy96
04-12-2009, 09:06 AM
how can you not be excited for this year? i mean really?

no more madden passes to marshall in double coverage with scheffler sitting wide open down the middle, no more RBs running the outside WIDE open.

this could be a very good year.

Paladin
04-12-2009, 09:12 AM

Muck: Go back to bed....

Paladin
04-12-2009, 09:15 AM
Y/A
Orton 5.8
Griese 7.0

It must suck to be as wrong as you are most of the time....

Have no clue, do you?

Too bad. You could've been good......

frerottenextelway
04-12-2009, 09:27 AM
It must suck to be as wrong as you are most of the time....

Have no clue, do you?

Too bad. You could've been good......

Looks like you got a bad case of SPS. Sorry to hear.

tsiguy96
04-12-2009, 09:28 AM
Looks like you got a bad case of SPS. Sorry to hear.

no, you are just wrong. mcdaniels system is a series of short passes followed by an occasional strike to the endzone for a TD.

gyldenlove
04-12-2009, 09:34 AM
McDs scheme is not a downfield offense.

Tell that to Randy Moss and his 23 TDs.

frerottenextelway
04-12-2009, 09:43 AM
no, you are just wrong. mcdaniels system is a series of short passes followed by an occasional strike to the endzone for a TD.

Y/A
Orton 5.8
Brady 7.8, 6.8, 8.3
Cassel 7.2

Apparently, I'm not the only idiot about this.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2009/3/16/797124/shallow-thoughts-nearsight

The overall design concept is very vertical, which is dramatically different than what we're used to. The running game tends to be very straight-ahead, and the pattern structuring seeks to challenge all levels of the defense, to move defensive guys back from the line-of-scrimmage. We're used to a horizontal West-Coast passing scheme, which is completely different in its intent. The Patriots O-Line doesn't do a lot of zone blocking in the running game, so I am questioning the extent to which that methodology will continue to be employed.

frerottenextelway
04-12-2009, 09:45 AM

LOL

tsiguy96
04-12-2009, 09:46 AM
Y/A
Orton 5.8
Brady 7.8, 6.8, 8.3
Cassel 7.2

if you actually watched any patriots games youd know they do not throw the deep ball often. hell it took cassel like 5 games before he threw a ball farther then 30 yards, i remember the stat where they showed all his passes up to that gaem and like 85% of them were less than 10 yard passes. they rely on YAC, which is exactly what our receivers were built for.

frerottenextelway
04-12-2009, 09:52 AM
if you actually watched any patriots games youd know they do not throw the deep ball often. hell it took cassel like 5 games before he threw a ball farther then 30 yards, i remember the stat where they showed all his passes up to that gaem and like 85% of them were less than 10 yard passes. they rely on YAC, which is exactly what our receivers were built for.

Yes, they didn't throw deep in Cassell's first couple of games often. That's why there was lots of talk about it, because they adapted away from their scheme while Cassell got up to speed. Using that selection of games to pretend that's what McD's scheme is all about is kinda ridiculous though.

And I do watch a lot of Pats games. Wife is Fins fan, we have the ticket, so I caught them a lot the past few years.

Pick Six
04-12-2009, 09:53 AM
I believe McDaniels didn't trade Cutler for Orton so Orton can be a backup. Simms will have to step up and prove that he wants the job...

tsiguy96
04-12-2009, 09:54 AM
Yes, they didn't throw deep in Cassell's first couple of games often. That's why there was lots of talk about it, because they adapted away from their scheme while Cassell got up to speed. Using that selection of games to pretend that's what McD's scheme is all about is kinda ridiculous though.

And I do watch a lot of Pats games. Wife is Fins fan, we have the ticket, so I caught them a lot the past few years.

youre right, wes welker routinely catches the most balls on hte team 15+ yards out...

elsid13
04-12-2009, 09:59 AM

Just because Cassell couldn't throw the deep pass, doesn't mean that not McDaniel wanted to do. The base of EP system (which McDaniels runs) is strong running game, and deep PA attack. It the same type of system that Dallas, NO and Carolina run. McDaniels went to the spread last season, because it is easier read for the QB to figure out the coverage and allows the QB a little more time to make his throws. Brady spent more time under center then people remember from two season ago.

Like all good offense coordinators, McD adjusted his offense to limit the weakness of his players. With Orton or Simms he will continue to tailor and limit his system.

Popps
04-12-2009, 11:09 AM
Like all good offense coordinators, McD adjusted his offense to limit the weakness of his players. With Orton or Simms he will continue to tailor and limit his system.

Bingo.

I'm also on the bandwagon that didn't see a ton of downfield passing when I watched the Patriots play, at least not a ton of deep throws.

I did see a good amount of 12-20 yard passes, though... which Orton happens to be pretty good at throwing.

Circle Orange
04-12-2009, 02:17 PM
Chris has nicer hair, though. I think Phil will want to cover all Bronco games this year so he can slobber over his boy on the sidelines. :P

Circle Orange
04-12-2009, 02:19 PM
Bingo.

I'm also on the bandwagon that didn't see a ton of downfield passing when I watched the Patriots play, at least not a ton of deep throws.

I did see a good amount of 12-20 yard passes, though... which Orton happens to be pretty good at throwing.

Often coaches don't trust young qbs with the deep passing game. Really, throwing bombs doesn't strain any quarterback's arm, even weaker ones. I'll be curious to see if Orton's passes 'sail' again past twenty yards or so. He seemed to be throwing to 8ft tall receivers.

yerner
04-12-2009, 02:23 PM
i gotta say, even though this competition is an abortion, i think simms throws a good pass. i remember him making some pretty throws against the skins in the playoffs a few years ago. hopefully mcnumbnuts will give him a shot.

footstepsfrom#27
04-12-2009, 02:32 PM
In a buyers market where others knew we we had to trade him so they could offer less than he was worth, Orton was still worth 2 #1's and a 3rd less than Jay. He's Griese...nothing more.

ludo21
04-12-2009, 02:38 PM
If we want to compete next year our offense needs to be in the top 10. Let's hope they pick the right QB in Training Camp and they play well.

McD. offense is all about dink and dunk and then taking a deep ball when its there, and Im fine with that so long as it gets us points on the board.

baja
04-12-2009, 02:47 PM
In a buyers market where others knew we we had to trade him so they could offer less than he was worth, Orton was still worth 2 #1's and a 3rd less than Jay. He's Griese...nothing more.

I'd take a pre Oakland game Greise.

Broncojef
04-12-2009, 03:03 PM
Our offense will be fine, probably score more than we did last year. We still need to focus this draft on 2-3 solid defensive starters that can be game changers and we'll be fine.

footstepsfrom#27
04-12-2009, 03:11 PM
Swish!

elsid13
04-12-2009, 03:15 PM
i gotta say, even though this competition is an abortion, i think simms throws a good pass. i remember him making some pretty throws against the skins in the playoffs a few years ago. hopefully mcnumbnuts will give him a shot.

That was when he had a spleen.

Popps
04-12-2009, 03:52 PM
Besides, who says Orton can't throw the ball deep?

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EE2CxDWm1sc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EE2CxDWm1sc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Popps
04-12-2009, 03:56 PM
Beyond that, here are the kinds of throws you can expect to see more of from Orton if he's the starter in McD's offense...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RrAJNQ_e8Jk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RrAJNQ_e8Jk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Go to 00:55 and watch the 20 yard post.

Nice velocity/accuracy. Those are the types of rips we've watched Brady carve teams up with for years, more than just massive 50 yard bombs.

frerottenextelway
04-12-2009, 04:57 PM
Just because Cassell couldn't throw the deep pass, doesn't mean that not McDaniel wanted to do. The base of EP system (which McDaniels runs) is strong running game, and deep PA attack. It the same type of system that Dallas, NO and Carolina run. McDaniels went to the spread last season, because it is easier read for the QB to figure out the coverage and allows the QB a little more time to make his throws. Brady spent more time under center then people remember from two season ago.

Well said. :thumbs:

frerottenextelway
04-12-2009, 05:02 PM

Orton
Pass Thrown: 11-20 yds.
cmp att yds pct td int
32 86 615 37.2 2 3

footstepsfrom#27
04-12-2009, 05:08 PM
Orton
cmp att yds pct td int
32 86 615 37.2 2 3
Ouch.

elsid13
04-12-2009, 05:21 PM
Ouch.

Almost as good as 50% completion rate on 3rd downs. Cutler was 60% last season. That the number that scare me the most, the 3rd and long are were your QB makes his money.

BroncoBuff
04-12-2009, 05:37 PM
Almost as good as 50% completion rate on 3rd downs. Cutler was 60% last season. That the number that scare me the most, the 3rd and long are were your QB makes his money.

Yeah, that hurts ... he's not a very accurate passer. Gotta admit though, the guy wins games. Maybe Lovie had something against him ... something has to explain why Lovie went so far out of his way to bench him. Inaccuracy alone ???

I did watch Chris Simms a whole lot on the Ticket - all the time in '06 and '07. And I must admit, I love Chris Simms. And speaking of coaches not liking QBs, I never understood why Jon Gruden treated him so badly after he came back from he injury ... in fact, the Bucs treated him pretty bad, arguing that the injury was not job-related or something. I recall they did argue exactly WHEN the injury happened, and it was clear to me the Bucs were trying to avoid liability in case his career ws over. Pretty classless stuff.

Don't be surprised if Chris Simms wins this battle. Gotta love a southpaw! ^5

elsid13
04-12-2009, 05:46 PM
Yeah, that hurts ... he's not a very accurate passer. Gotta admit though, the guy wins games. Maybe Lovie had something against him ... something has to explain why Lovie went so far out of his way to bench him. Inaccuracy alone ???

I did watch Chris Simms a whole lot on the Ticket - all the time in '06 and '07. And I must admit, I love Chris Simms. And speaking of coaches not liking QBs, I never understood why Jon Gruden treated him so badly after he came back from he injury ... in fact, the Bucs treated him pretty bad, arguing that the injury was not job-related or something. I recall they did argue exactly WHEN the injury happened, and it was clear to me the Bucs were trying to avoid liability in case his career ws over. Pretty classless stuff.

Don't be surprised if Chris Simms wins this battle. Gotta love a southpaw! ^5

Maybe because Lovie knew he couldn't depend on him to make the play unless everything was perfect. Right now we have two backups that everyone has film on and knows what they can and can not do. I would almost be willing to trade for Kevin O'Connell from the Pats.

Popps
04-12-2009, 05:56 PM
Orton
cmp att yds pct td int
32 86 615 37.2 2 3

11-20 yards isn't a high-percentage range of passes, dude. Cutler threw around 50%. The guy that won the Superbowl threw around 50%.

So, Orton threw 13% less, playing for one of the worst offensive teams in football.

It may or may not mean much. Bottom line is, the guy has a good intermediate arm, and look for McDaniels to make use of it. If he ends up the starter, I'm happy to place a little side-bet that his completion % will be closer to 50% than 37% this year, in that 11-20 yard range.

BroncoBuff
04-12-2009, 05:59 PM
Orton is a pretty inaccurate passer, that's his weakness. And it's proably why Lovie benched him for Grossman.

I think if Chris Simms is healthy, it's a toss-up which of the two will start. Simms is very impressive, he really is. The question is, is he healthy?

Tombstone RJ
04-12-2009, 06:09 PM

I wonder how well Griese would do in the Patriots offense..

Tombstone RJ
04-12-2009, 06:12 PM
Orton is a pretty inaccurate passer, that's his weakness. And it's proably why Lovie benched him for Grossman.

I think if Chris Simms is healthy, it's a toss-up which of the two will start. Simms is very impressive, he really is. The question is, is he healthy?

I also think it will be an open competition for the starting spot. However, I don't know where your getting the info. that Orton got benched for being an inaccurate passer.

elsid13
04-12-2009, 06:22 PM
11-20 yards isn't a high-percentage range of passes, dude. Cutler threw around 50%. The guy that won the Superbowl threw around 50%.

So, Orton threw 13% less, playing for one of the worst offensive teams in football.

It may or may not mean much. Bottom line is, the guy has a good intermediate arm, and look for McDaniels to make use of it. If he ends up the starter, I'm happy to place a little side-bet that his completion % will be closer to 50% than 37% this year, in that 11-20 yard range.

You need to factor in yards to go on third down, when you look at completion %. I think Denver had something like 7.5 yards to go on 3rd, Chicago was in the 4 to 5 yard range. That a big difference.

BroncoBuff
04-12-2009, 06:37 PM
I don't know where your getting the info. that Orton got benched for being an inaccurate passer.

I didn't say that, I don't know why he got benched ... I was asking why.

I guessed maybe Lovie didn't like him in some way ???

SoCalBronco
04-12-2009, 06:40 PM
It will be an interesting competition. I doubt either of them will be lighting it up in practice. As is usually the case, whoever sucks less will win. I wouldn't count Simms out. Simms is a fighter. Neither option is palatable, though.

yerner
04-12-2009, 06:46 PM
Popps did you just compare Orton to Brady? Seriously? Next year if this guy wins more than 8 games. Ok. But you know how stupid that **** is right now? Why are you begging for it so hard from Mcdaniels?

yerner
04-12-2009, 06:47 PM
That was when he had a spleen.

kyle has that spleen in a jar. its floating in shannahan manjuice.

BroncoBuff
04-12-2009, 06:49 PM
It will be an interesting competition. I doubt either of them will be lighting it up in practice. As is usually the case, whoever sucks less will win. I wouldn't count Simms out. Simms is a fighter. Neither option is palatable, though.

At least Simm's father-in-law isn't the coach anymore though, right?

Now THAT would be unpalatable.

SoCalBronco
04-12-2009, 06:53 PM
At least Simm's father-in-law isn't the coach anymore though, right?

Now THAT would be unpalatable.

I think the current setup will actually disadvantage Simms even more. We all know that McDaniels is a very insecure man. It's probably not going to be comfortable for him to be coaching his predecessor's son in law. McDaniels appears to hate everything Shanny related. I wonder if he'll hold it against Chris that he's related to Mike?

Br0nc0Buster
04-12-2009, 06:55 PM

He got benched because Rexy was a first rounder and they wanted to give him every single oppurtunity to prove he was the qb they thought he would be.

Br0nc0Buster
04-12-2009, 06:56 PM
I think the current setup will actually disadvantage Simms even more. We all know that McDaniels is a very insecure man. It's probably not going to be comfortable for him to be coaching his predecessor's son in law. McDaniels appears to hate everything Shanny related. I wonder if he'll hold it against Chris that he's related to Mike?

Is this necessary?

Popps
04-12-2009, 06:58 PM
Is this necessary?

:rofl:

SoCalBronco
04-12-2009, 06:59 PM
Is this necessary?

You've got some pretty thin skin, dude. That's nothing.

;D

BroncoBuff
04-12-2009, 07:10 PM
He got benched because Rexy was a first rounder and they wanted to give him every single oppurtunity to prove he was the qb they thought he would be.

Now that makes sense.

Iggy-rep.

elsid13
04-12-2009, 07:11 PM
Popps did you just compare Orton to Brady? Seriously? Next year if this guy wins more than 8 games. Ok. But you know how stupid that **** is right now? Why are you begging for it so hard from Mcdaniels?

Don't argue with Popps, he has 40 years of sitting on his ass watching football on TV. That means he has special talent.

BroncoBuff
04-12-2009, 07:12 PM
Is this necessary?

It's pretty funny, actually ... Kyle and Chris and Bo Scaife and a few others on that storied "Lost-the-Big XII-Championship-to-Mighty-Colorado-Buffaloes" Texas squad got matching ankle tattoos of some sort ....

I don't understand why Kubiak signed that other questionable backup QB (name?) ... he couldda signed Simms and reunited a family. Wouldda been a great feelgood story, actually.

elsid13
04-12-2009, 07:17 PM
It's pretty funny, actually ... Kyle and Chris and Bo Scaife and a few others on that storied "Lost-the-Big XII-Championship-to-Mighty-Colorado-Buffaloes" Texas squad got matching ankle tattoos of some sort ....

I don't understand why Kubiak signed that other questionable backup QB (name?) ... he couldda signed Simms and reunited a family. Wouldda been a great feelgood story, actually.

I understand Kyle Shanahan's wife reportedly told Kubiak that she go to the media and expose the love triangle if that happen.

SoCalBronco
04-12-2009, 07:23 PM
I understand Kyle Shanahan's wife reportedly told Kubiak that she go to the media and expose the love triangle if that happen.

Honestly, it would be a slap in the face to her if Simms ended up on the Texans. That would just be disgusting. The league would have to step in. I suspect she wouldn't be as pissed off if they had limited the tattoos of their names just to each others ankles.

elsid13
04-12-2009, 07:29 PM
Honestly, it would be a slap in the face to her if Simms ended up on the Texans. That would just be disgusting. The league would have to step in. I suspect she wouldn't be as pissed off if they had limited the tattoos of their names just to each others ankles.

I think the final straw was when Kyle asked her to tattoo Simms' name on her ass.

Br0nc0Buster
04-12-2009, 07:30 PM
Now that makes sense.

Iggy-rep.

Actually its Anthony Kiedis, but I will take the rep either way
:D

SoCalBronco
04-12-2009, 07:33 PM
I think the final straw was when Kyle asked her to tattoo Simms' name on her ass.

And it would be very understandable for any young lady to be bewildered by such a request.

elsid13
04-12-2009, 07:41 PM
And it would be very understandable for any young lady to be bewildered by such a request.

She should have just outsourced it to Hotrod. What another player name tattooed to his ass mean to him.

BroncoBuff
04-13-2009, 12:11 AM
Ahhh, Longhorn homo-erotic humor ... you just can't go wrong. ;D

Florida_Bronco
04-13-2009, 12:33 AM
I want Simms to be the starter.

LongDongJohnson
04-13-2009, 01:24 AM
bring back hackney

rovolution
04-13-2009, 01:38 AM

if you would actually watch the film instead of looking at numbers, the bread and butter of that offense is the short crossing routes with Welker and Gaffney and the screen passes to Faulk. Even Randy mostly caught shallow crossers as opposed to the huge bombs you think he did.

rovolution
04-13-2009, 01:40 AM
Y/A
Orton 5.8
Brady 7.8, 6.8, 8.3
Cassel 7.2

The Mile High Report dude is just another armchair GM like you and I.

Hard to have a high YPA when Devin Hester, a punt returner, is your #1 wideout, and your oline is in shambles and cannot pass protect.

rovolution
04-13-2009, 01:46 AM

he had an ankle injury if your talking about this past season.

benched in 2006 b/c Rex was a 1st Round Draft choice getting paid 1st round $$$$ so politics.

frerottenextelway
04-13-2009, 04:40 AM

Hard to have a high YPA when Devin Hester, a punt returner, is your #1 wideout, and your oline is in shambles and cannot pass protect.

Griese had a good YPA with them.

Inkana7
04-13-2009, 01:46 PM

Ron Turner is a terrible OC. His passing tree consists of a 7 yard curl, a post, a fade and not much else.

gyldenlove
04-13-2009, 01:50 PM
if you would actually watch the film instead of looking at numbers, the bread and butter of that offense is the short crossing routes with Welker and Gaffney and the screen passes to Faulk. Even Randy mostly caught shallow crossers as opposed to the huge bombs you think he did.

Approximately 20% of their passes went deep, which is much the same that we did last year.