PDA

View Full Version : Zach Thomas Heads To The Chiefs

SouthStndJunkie
04-11-2009, 07:52 PM
Zach Thomas Heads To The Chiefs

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/04/11/zach-thomas-heads-to-the-chiefs/

According to the Kansas City Star, the Chiefs have agreed to terms with veteran linebacker Zach Thomas.

watermock
04-11-2009, 07:58 PM
Obviously, to teach the "Patriot Way".

To bad Rodney Harrison isn't there to teach cheap shots.

GOD, I hate McDummy.

Wait till our botched draft.

Florida_Bronco
04-11-2009, 08:00 PM
Oh, now I'm scared. (insert rolling eyes)

Mr Chatterboodamn
04-11-2009, 08:02 PM
he's tough, smart, prepared

HEAV
04-11-2009, 08:02 PM

GOD, I hate McDummy.

Ummmm how can a "Former Dolphin & Cowboy" teach the Patriot way?

Bronx33
04-11-2009, 08:04 PM
he's tough, smart, prepared to cash his free check

fixed

Bronx33
04-11-2009, 08:05 PM
Ummmm how can a "Former Dolphin & Cowboy" teach the Patriot way?

It's a peanut butter thing ( you wouldn't understand)

OABB
04-11-2009, 08:07 PM
what, donnie edwards wasn't available?

tsiguy96
04-11-2009, 08:07 PM

GOD, I hate McDummy.

holy ****. you are officially out of your god damn mind.

Rulon Velvet Jones
04-11-2009, 08:10 PM
Thomas blows.

Archer81
04-11-2009, 08:24 PM
Zach Thomas has great passion, not entirely sure if the physical part of his game is there anymore. But I thought KC was doing a youth movement?

:Broncos:

SoCalBronco
04-11-2009, 08:27 PM
He's a halfway decent stopgap, but not a whole lot more. He will probably do a good job mentoring Derrick Johnson, though.

Florida_Bronco
04-11-2009, 08:32 PM
Have we heard confirmation from WPI yet? I won't believe it until Bobo and Athan tell us the deal is done.

Circle Orange
04-11-2009, 08:35 PM
Good grief, I thought he'd retired by now. Didn't all scouting reports say he was through two years ago?

I guess he'll be Junior Seau 2.0

Pony Boy
04-11-2009, 09:09 PM
I guess KC didn't look at any Dallas film from last year.

KCStud
04-11-2009, 09:20 PM
Thomas isn't a starter anymore, but he will be a great backup and mentor for guys like DJ. Herm's uneducated youth movement is over. Pioli is smart enough to know that this team needs veterans that know how to work hard and win.
This is every indication that KC will not select Aaron Curry, especially considering there are better LB's that fit the mold of the ILB for the 3-4 like Rey Rey.

watermock
04-11-2009, 09:20 PM
My bad, I thought the Pats signed him.

Frankly, I'm surprised Mcdummy didn't offer up a 3rd in '09 for him.

SonOfLe-loLang
04-11-2009, 09:24 PM

GOD, I hate McDummy.

You are bizarre. It might rain tomorrow, wanna blame McDaniels for that too?

SonOfLe-loLang
04-11-2009, 09:25 PM
He's a halfway decent stopgap, but not a whole lot more. He will probably do a good job mentoring Derrick Johnson, though.

Isnt Derrick Johnson in like his 5th year already? I dont think he's suddenly gonna get it if he hasnt yet.

BroncoBuff
04-11-2009, 09:26 PM
Classic Patriots-type Junior Seau-type guy ... an older, mature leader with plenty of 3-4 experience. A bit like our Andra Davis signing.

SoCalBronco
04-11-2009, 09:28 PM
Isnt Derrick Johnson in like his 5th year already? I dont think he's suddenly gonna get it if he hasnt yet.

Actually I think he's already a stud. He did suffer a bit of a setback last year when they moved him inside, though, but he is a badass. Having Thomas around him will only make him better.

Florida_Bronco
04-11-2009, 09:33 PM
Actually I think he's already a stud. He did suffer a bit of a setback last year when they moved him inside, though, but he is a badass. Having Thomas around him will only make him better.

I wouldn't call him a badass. He's a good player, but that's about it. Our DJ is much better.

Dagmar
04-11-2009, 09:33 PM

It's hilarious a drunken old twat like yourself calls ANYONE McDummy.

watermock
04-11-2009, 09:36 PM
BTW, I was thinking Jr. Seau.

Zach Thomas/Jr. Seau. WTF is the difference?

What we need is a Neil Smith type.

We should of gotten Shaun Rodgers the first time around FA.

Paladin
04-11-2009, 09:41 PM

Watermuck: You really do need therapy, you know?

You are close to being on iggy......

watermock
04-11-2009, 09:45 PM
Watermuck: You really do need therapy, you know?

You are close to being on iggy......

Oh my...name one player we have gotten in FA we didn't overpay for.

You trhink iI care what you do? Period?

The paladins, sometimes known as the Twelve Peers, were the foremost warriors of Charlemagne's court, according to the literary cycle known as the Matter of France.[1] They first appear in the early chansons de geste such as The Song of Roland, where they represent Christian martial valor against the Saracen hordes. The paladins and their associated exploits are largely later fictional inventions, with some basis on historical Frankish retainers of the 8th century and events such as the Battle of Roncevaux Pass and the confrontation of the Frankish Empire with Umayyad Al-Andalus in the Marca Hispanica.

Your as legit as King Aurthur's Round Table.

Paladin
04-11-2009, 09:47 PM
Officially, please put that bottle down. You are making no sense........

watermock
04-11-2009, 09:50 PM
Put down illusions of grandure.

Inkana7
04-11-2009, 09:56 PM

Shaun Rodgers was traded to the Browns.

tsiguy96
04-11-2009, 09:56 PM

you may be absolute bat **** crazy, but i love that avatar.

BMarsh615
04-11-2009, 10:01 PM
He will produce about as much as Brian Dawkins will.

KCStud
04-11-2009, 10:16 PM
I wouldn't call him a badass. He's a good player, but that's about it. Our DJ is much better.

Both are underachieving big time

Florida_Bronco
04-11-2009, 10:25 PM
Both are underachieving big time

Our DJ was 2nd in DROY voting. Then he got shuffled around (without complaint) to the strongside and middle, then came back to the weakside and was a midseason All-Pro before he suffered an injury.

He is most certainly not an underachiever.

Pat Bowlen
04-11-2009, 10:27 PM
Is this high-grade manure or something?

SoCalBronco
04-11-2009, 10:31 PM
Our DJ was 2nd in DROY voting. Then he got shuffled around (without complaint) to the strongside and middle, then came back to the weakside and was a midseason All-Pro before he suffered an injury.

:strong:

watermock
04-11-2009, 10:41 PM
Leave it to the Miami homer from 8 years ago to think DJ is a dominant Will,especially after his knee.

DJ, before injury, was a good LB, but nowhere was he a dominant player.

First thing after signing his new contract, he blew out his knee.

He's one of the D's best players, which doesn't say much.

Florida_Bronco
04-11-2009, 10:59 PM
Leave it to the Miami homer from 8 years ago to think DJ is a dominant Will,especially after his knee.

DJ, before injury, was a good LB, but nowhere was he a dominant player.

First thing after signing his new contract, he blew out his knee.

He's one of the D's best players, which doesn't say much.

He didn't blow out his knee. He only injured the MCL, which is not an uncommon injury and not even as serious as a torn ACL, much less blowing out the whole knee.

He is fine.

Bob's your Information Minister
04-11-2009, 11:04 PM
Ohhhh...uh, who's your starting running back, again? Yeah, that guy. Say hello to your new friend!

http://images.wikia.com/openserving/sports/images/c/c2/P1_thomas_zach.jpg

KCStud
04-12-2009, 12:12 AM

And how long was that ago? And our DJ went from learning Gunther's blitzing scheme to learning the cover 2, to moving from outside to inside LB to now learning the 3-4 and Chiefs fans aren't making up excuses for him. Both have not lived up to thier draft billing the last few years.

Florida_Bronco
04-12-2009, 12:22 AM
And how long was that ago? And our DJ went from learning Gunther's blitzing scheme to learning the cover 2, to moving from outside to inside LB to now learning the 3-4 and Chiefs fans aren't making up excuses for him. Both have not lived up to thier draft billing the last few years.

What difference does it make how long ago it was? It was a significant achievement in his career and certainly not an attribute of an underachiever.

And where have we made excuses for DJ? He doesn't need excuses made for him. In the two years we've let him play where he belongs, he was 2nd in DROY voting and a midseason All-Pro and he's done a commendable job when shifted to positions that took away his natural strengths along with multiple (and ineffective) defensive schemes. All the while he's done it with maximum effort and no complaints. By all reports, he is a professional in every sense of the word.

That is most certainly NOT an underachiever.

Popps
04-12-2009, 01:05 AM
Ohhhh...uh, who's your starting running back, again? Yeah, that guy. Say hello to your new friend!

http://images.wikia.com/openserving/sports/images/c/c2/P1_thomas_zach.jpg

I loved Thomas in his prime. Would have loved to have in in Denver. But, anyone who watched that Dallas game against NY towards the end of the season knows his career is over. He should have retired after the season.

Your "new friend" won't be an issue for us, Boob. Don't worry about it.

04-12-2009, 01:38 AM
I know. I'm just joking. I'd be shocked if we're average on defense next year.

boltaneer
04-12-2009, 01:39 AM
Are we sure King Carl isn't in charge there anymore?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
04-12-2009, 05:44 AM
I'd be shocked if Thomas even contributes the minimum. Guy flat out can't play anymore.

And Boob, what is Thomas going to do to our running back? Yell at him from the sidelines?

400HZ
04-12-2009, 09:02 AM

They are basically the same guy. Million dollar bodies with ten cent brains..

KCStud
04-12-2009, 11:44 AM
What difference does it make how long ago it was? It was a significant achievement in his career and certainly not an attribute of an underachiever.

And where have we made excuses for DJ? He doesn't need excuses made for him. In the two years we've let him play where he belongs, he was 2nd in DROY voting and a midseason All-Pro and he's done a commendable job when shifted to positions that took away his natural strengths along with multiple (and ineffective) defensive schemes. All the while he's done it with maximum effort and no complaints. By all reports, he is a professional in every sense of the word.

That is most certainly NOT an underachiever.

If you read my post than it says the last few years. Your defense can't stop the run and it needs a leader to step up. A first round LB is expected to be a prime leader and make others better.

DJ Williams should be what Al Wilson was out there...and he's not.

Archer81
04-12-2009, 12:00 PM
They are basically the same guy. Million dollar bodies with ten cent brains..

You are going to make that comment when you have Shawne Merriman on your roster?

04-12-2009, 12:04 PM
Just wondering what some of you gurus' take is on Derrick Johnson playing middle linebacker in a 3-4. That's probably where he's going to end up.

I'm not sure if that's the best spot for him. Unless I'm completely mistaken 3-4 inside linebackers have to deal with taking on guards from time to time, and that just isn't DJ's game.

One place he might excel is blitzing up the middle. I believe the Patriots did this quite a bit with Seau/Bruschi over the years as part of their blitz package. DJ is very good at penetrating gaps and actually led the league in tackles for loss in 2007.

I'm just not sure he can consistently slide off a block and take down a running back.

BroncoBuff
04-12-2009, 12:26 PM

Rep. Every word.

Hogan11
04-12-2009, 01:40 PM
It's good to see the legendary Mock of old returning to these threads Ha!

kmartin575
04-12-2009, 02:33 PM

Yeah, SURE he is.

KCStud
04-12-2009, 04:13 PM
Florida Bronco, your DJ has underachieved the last 3 years, just like ours.

Kaylore
04-12-2009, 04:19 PM

Speaking of, are they moving him to Mike?

BroncoBuff
04-12-2009, 04:19 PM
Florida Bronco, your DJ has underachieved the last 3 years, just like ours.

That's not quite right ... he struggled at the Mike spot early in 2007, but improved greatly the second half of the year. And he was widely thought to be playing at a Pro Bowl level this last season before he was injured.

That said, he was kinda invisible for two seasons playing the strongside in '05 and '06. He must've been okay technically, or they wouldn't have given him the MLB spot ... but he wasn't making many plays.

400HZ
04-12-2009, 04:39 PM
You are going to make that comment when you have Shawne Merriman on your roster?

Are you kidding? Merriman has the football instincts and leadership qualities that teams kill for. DJ and DJ have neither of those.

Florida_Bronco
04-12-2009, 04:51 PM
If you read my post than it says the last few years. Your defense can't stop the run and it needs a leader to step up. A first round LB is expected to be a prime leader and make others better.

DJ Williams should be what Al Wilson was out there...and he's not.

What is this? You got stomped on the underachiever argument so you try to bring out the leadership card? Sorry KCDud, that's not gonna fly. Champ Bailey is not the fiery leader that Al Wilson was, does that mean he's an underachiever? Not quite.

And I don't know where you get this idea that a 1st round linebacker is supposed to be a huge leader and make everyone better. That's certainly a plus, but players are drafted to get their jobs done on the field, and DJ does that.

Florida_Bronco
04-12-2009, 04:57 PM
That's not quite right ... he struggled at the Mike spot early in 2007, but improved greatly the second half of the year. And he was widely thought to be playing at a Pro Bowl level this last season before he was injured. And lost in all that is the fact that we took a scheme (Bates) that was, by all reports, difficult to learn and replaced it halfway through the year with a scheme (Slowik's) that didn't work at all...all the while not having the big DT's needed to free up the MLB. Yet by the end of 07 DJ was playing pretty solid football.

That's pretty damn amazing.

That said, he was kinda invisible for two seasons playing the strongside in '05 and '06. He must've been okay technically, or they wouldn't have given him the MLB spot ... but he wasn't making many plays. At the SAM he wasn't able to use his natural talents, but he still played good football.

And then last year he was leading the NFL in tackles and was a midseason All-Pro before his injury, yet the KC moron calls him an underachiever?

What an idiot.

KCStud
04-12-2009, 05:43 PM
What is this? You got stomped on the underachiever argument so you try to bring out the leadership card? Sorry KCDud, that's not gonna fly. Champ Bailey is not the fiery leader that Al Wilson was, does that mean he's an underachiever? Not quite.

And I don't know where you get this idea that a 1st round linebacker is supposed to be a huge leader and make everyone better. That's certainly a plus, but players are drafted to get their jobs done on the field, and DJ does that.

So does our DJ, but a first round LB drafted as high as those two should be in pro bowls by now which none are. There's a reason why he didn't win DROY. DJ Williams is a "serviceable" player.

Archer81
04-12-2009, 05:44 PM
Are you kidding? Merriman has the football instincts and leadership qualities that teams kill for. DJ and DJ have neither of those.

Instincts and leadership qualities...is that what you call roid junkies now?

Florida_Bronco
04-12-2009, 06:36 PM
So does our DJ, but a first round LB drafted as high as those two should be in pro bowls by now which none are. There's a reason why he didn't win DROY. DJ Williams is a "serviceable" player.

DJ didn't win DROY because Jonathan Vilma just slightly beat him out in the voting. I don't imagine it has anything to do with east coast bias, but oh well.

And you must have missed the part where our DJ was leading the NFL in tackles and was a midseason All-Pro. Had he not been injured, he EASILY would have been in the PB.

400HZ
04-12-2009, 09:11 PM
Instincts and leadership qualities...is that what you call roid junkies now?

Maybe DJ is a mesna member and Shawne can't read. Does that matter on the football field? DJ and DJ don't have good football instincts and Shawne does. The Broncos defense got better when DJ was hurt while San Diego's went to **** without Merriman.

KCStud
04-12-2009, 09:54 PM
DJ didn't win DROY because Jonathan Vilma just slightly beat him out in the voting. I don't imagine it has anything to do with east coast bias, but oh well.

And you must have missed the part where our DJ was leading the NFL in tackles and was a midseason All-Pro. Had he not been injured, he EASILY would have been in the PB.

I'm sure they'll start giving out "midseason All-Pro awards someday Florida Bronco. Keep reaching Hilarious!

SoCalBronco
04-12-2009, 09:55 PM
I'm sure they'll start giving out "midseason All-Pro awards someday Florida Bronco. Keep reaching Hilarious!

Actually, DJ was on Dr. Z's midseason All-Pro list and I think at least one other.

Nice try, though. How's Baaaaa-rbara doing, sheepstud?

Florida_Bronco
04-12-2009, 10:01 PM
Actually, DJ was on Dr. Z's midseason All-Pro list and I think at least one other.

That guy is such a ****ing retard it's not even funny. He has to be a teenager.

Archer81
04-12-2009, 10:13 PM
Maybe DJ is a mesna member and Shawne can't read. Does that matter on the football field? DJ and DJ don't have good football instincts and Shawne does. The Broncos defense got better when DJ was hurt while San Diego's went to **** without Merriman.

So you are saying Merriman was the charger's supplier?

Kaylore
04-12-2009, 10:53 PM
...So no on knows if Derrick Johnson is being moved to Mike?

KCStud
04-12-2009, 10:57 PM

So I guess DJ is just like the Broncos organization. Start out strong and end in complete failure. Thanks for the update.

Oh and how's Larry- I mean Laura doing in Brokeback Mt?

KCStud
04-12-2009, 10:58 PM

Nobody except Pioli and Haley

400HZ
04-12-2009, 11:13 PM

He's 20 pounds too light to play outside and doesn't have any of the skillset for it. He's ideal size for an ILB.

KC will probably stick him outside.

400HZ
04-12-2009, 11:14 PM
So you are saying Merriman was the charger's supplier?

I'm saying all the steroids in the world wouldn't fix DJ's problem.

BroncoBuff
04-12-2009, 11:15 PM
I'm saying all the steroids in the world wouldn't fix DJ's problem.

Dude, you're lost.

Florida_Bronco
04-12-2009, 11:16 PM
So I guess DJ is just like the Broncos organization. Start out strong and end in complete failure. Thanks for the update.

Oh and how's Larry- I mean Laura doing in Brokeback Mt?

I submit this post as further proof that KCDud is an idiotic teenager.

400HZ
04-12-2009, 11:22 PM
I submit this post as further proof that KCDud is an idiotic teenager.

This is how all your arguments end here. You start name calling and then pretend that you won or made somebody other than yourself look stupid. :thumbsup:

Florida_Bronco
04-13-2009, 12:04 AM
This is how all your arguments end here. You start name calling and then pretend that you won or made somebody other than yourself look stupid. :thumbsup:

OK troll, let's put this to the common sense test. KCDud says...

So I guess DJ is just like the Broncos organization. Start out strong and end in complete failure.

Now as we all know, DJ suffered an MCL injury that basically ended his season. I don't know how they do things out in California, but in the real world equating an injury shortened season as a "complete failure" meets the criteria for ignorant, trollish and teenage type behavior.

Maybe you people should stick to surfing. Ok, brah?

04-13-2009, 12:08 AM

He is.

Technically he isn't being moved. He was playing MLB end of last year in Gunther's Retardo defense.

KCStud
04-13-2009, 07:24 AM

Exactly right. Florida Bronco gets caught in a corner and starts calling people names. Classic case of pot calling the kettle black

boltaneer
04-13-2009, 11:04 AM
Speaking of the Chiefs, what's up with this Chief fans?

Chiefs not taking care of Pro Bowl guard Brian Waters

For those of you with short memories, our first legitimate reason was Scott Pioli and Todd Haley's handling of their first meeting with Pro Bowl guard Brian Waters. This is one of the most underplayed stories of the NFL offseason. Waters is Kansas City's version of Jay Cutler. After brief and abrasive encounters with Pioli and Haley, Waters demanded his release from the Chiefs. Obviously, Waters isn't as high-profile as a Pro Bowl quarterback, so the national media have ignored his dissatisfaction. But Waters' troubles hint at a bigger trend: The arrogance of the young lieutenants coming off the Bill Belichick tree and whether they've made mistakes that damaged their new franchises. Denver coach Josh McDaniels, the 32-year-old former Patriots offensive coordinator, cost the Broncos an in-his-prime franchise quarterback by foolishly attempting to trade for Matt Cassel. Pioli, Belichick's former right hand, may cost Kansas City its best lineman by foolishly implementing his my-way-or-the-highway approach to diplomacy. Pioli and Haley needlessly played rough with a valuable asset. Of course, the whole thing could blow over during the offseason and Waters could return to his role as locker-room leader by training camp. But right now, we don't know where the standoff stands. Waters represents himself and isn't talking. Pioli and Haley don't like to talk about sensitive issues. We're left to speculate. -- KC Star

BroncoBuff
04-13-2009, 01:10 PM
Waters' troubles hint at a bigger trend: The arrogance of the young lieutenants coming off the Bill Belichick tree and whether they've made mistakes that damaged their new franchises. Denver coach Josh McDaniels, the 32-year-old former Patriots offensive coordinator, cost the Broncos an in-his-prime franchise quarterback by foolishly attempting to trade for Matt Cassel. Pioli, Belichick's former right hand, may cost Kansas City its best lineman by foolishly implementing his my-way-or-the-highway approach to diplomacy.

Good analysis ... there ARE ways to handle these things with skill and class.

Florida_Bronco
04-13-2009, 01:39 PM
Exactly right. Florida Bronco gets caught in a corner and starts calling people names. Classic case of pot calling the kettle black

I hate to tell you KCDud, but you've never caught anyone in a corner, much less me.

When you acquire some basic football knowledge and grow up a bit, then you might have a shot.

Never Trust a Snake
04-13-2009, 02:28 PM
Zach Thomas = Chris Kuper's rag doll this year

~Crash~
04-13-2009, 09:25 PM
Is this high-grade manure or something?

yep it actually grows something ! your manure is full of piss and kills all things!:peace:

Orange_Beard
04-13-2009, 09:32 PM

You are officially back.

~Crash~
04-13-2009, 09:35 PM
That's not quite right ... he struggled at the Mike spot early in 2007, but improved greatly the second half of the year. And he was widely thought to be playing at a Pro Bowl level this last season before he was injured.

That said, he was kinda invisible for two seasons playing the strongside in '05 and '06. He must've been okay technically, or they wouldn't have given him the MLB spot ... but he wasn't making many plays.
he sucked the whole year ! but you are rigt he did get better ,,god I want kill myself watching him play MLB to to please take my eyes and burn them out of my body so I dont have to watch this jack ass make the tackle 9 yards down field ...this guy sucks I cannot wait until he is no longer a bronco.

ass tackle .....:wiggle:

04-13-2009, 09:59 PM
Speaking of the Chiefs, what's up with this Chief fans?

Chiefs not taking care of Pro Bowl guard Brian Waters

For those of you with short memories, our first legitimate reason was Scott Pioli and Todd Haley's handling of their first meeting with Pro Bowl guard Brian Waters. This is one of the most underplayed stories of the NFL offseason. Waters is Kansas City's version of Jay Cutler. After brief and abrasive encounters with Pioli and Haley, Waters demanded his release from the Chiefs. Obviously, Waters isn't as high-profile as a Pro Bowl quarterback, so the national media have ignored his dissatisfaction. But Waters' troubles hint at a bigger trend: The arrogance of the young lieutenants coming off the Bill Belichick tree and whether they've made mistakes that damaged their new franchises. Denver coach Josh McDaniels, the 32-year-old former Patriots offensive coordinator, cost the Broncos an in-his-prime franchise quarterback by foolishly attempting to trade for Matt Cassel. Pioli, Belichick's former right hand, may cost Kansas City its best lineman by foolishly implementing his my-way-or-the-highway approach to diplomacy. Pioli and Haley needlessly played rough with a valuable asset. Of course, the whole thing could blow over during the offseason and Waters could return to his role as locker-room leader by training camp. But right now, we don't know where the standoff stands. Waters represents himself and isn't talking. Pioli and Haley don't like to talk about sensitive issues. We're left to speculate. -- KC Star

Waters is a punk who didn't show up to offseason workouts.

LJ did.

Of course Whitlock is tight with Waters, so this is not surprising.

boltaneer
04-13-2009, 11:39 PM
Waters is a punk who didn't show up to offseason workouts.

Yeah, I wonder why (http://www.kansascity.com/sports/story/1057650.html)...

04-13-2009, 11:56 PM
Because he's a crybaby bitch who can't handle professional football coaches.

Herm Edwards was no professional.

boltaneer
04-14-2009, 02:21 AM
Because he's a crybaby b**** who can't handle professional football coaches.

Herm Edwards was no professional.

I hope the Chiefs cut his ass so he can come to SD.

Herm is too Marty-ball but I think he's a quality coach. He got shafted in KC and I think the Chiefs really screwed up with the rebuilding process Herm started and now signing all these washed up guys while in the process alienating all their team leaders. The Chiefs have no direction right now.

04-14-2009, 03:48 AM
I hope the Chiefs cut his ass so he can come to SD.

Herm is too Marty-ball but I think he's a quality coach. He got shafted in KC and I think the Chiefs really screwed up with the rebuilding process Herm started and now signing all these washed up guys while in the process alienating all their team leaders. The Chiefs have no direction right now.

ROFL!

This is the most ridiculous thing I've read in awhile.

We didn't sign these old players to compete. It's not like we went out and got some crusty old QB to start. These guys will be role players.

If Brian Waters is "alienated" so be it. Quality eft guards aren't difficult to come by when your GM is not a retard.

No one else has been "alienated."

400HZ
04-14-2009, 08:05 AM
ROFL!

This is the most ridiculous thing I've read in awhile.

We didn't sign these old players to compete. It's not like we went out and got some crusty old QB to start. These guys will be role players.

If Brian Waters is "alienated" so be it. Quality eft guards aren't difficult to come by when your GM is not a retard.

No one else has been "alienated."

Haha you said the same thing about Willie Roaf. Just plug in Kyle Turley and we'll forget all about him! :rofl:

Where's Plummer???
04-14-2009, 08:11 AM
i personally am not gonna wry about KC or (noone ever worries about em) Oakland... we need to make sure we can keep up w/ San Diego. there running game is down hill and there D looks a lil lacking this year (atleast the line) only ? i have can orton do it? i belive he can lead the team better than Whineler ever could or ever would

boltaneer
04-14-2009, 09:48 AM
Haha you said the same thing about Willie Roaf. Just plug in Kyle Turley and we'll forget all about him! :rofl:

Don't forget McIntosh! :rofl:

Now they've signed Mike Goff. I like Goff. Tough no-nonsense guy but his best days are past him. The Chiefs just like to sign our rejects I suppose. Donnie Edwards anyone?

Oh, but the one-year wonder system quarterback is going to save the season. Terrific Tom he is not. Enjoy the $15 million dollars that's going down the drain!

The ghost of King Carl lives on I tell you!

KCStud
04-14-2009, 09:55 AM
I hate to tell you KCDud, but you've never caught anyone in a corner, much less me.

When you acquire some basic football knowledge and grow up a bit, then you might have a shot.

Got it...so I should start blatantly calling people names to "grow up" like you.
Ha!

Pot meet kettle

KCStud
04-14-2009, 09:57 AM

Now they've signed Mike Goff. I like Goff. Tough no-nonsense guy but his best days are past him. The Chiefs just like to sign our rejects I suppose. Donnie Edwards anyone?

Oh, but the one-year wonder system quarterback is going to save the season. Terrific Tom he is not. Enjoy the $15 million dollars that's going down the drain!

The ghost of King Carl lives on I tell you!

SD is the team going downhill. LT is old and declining, your OL is terrible (gave up 5 of KC's 10 sacks last year), and your defense was below average last year with Merrooooiiiiddddman coming back with no roids and a bad injury.

04-14-2009, 10:21 AM
You guys are just plain ignorant if you're comparing Waters to Roaf...

boltaneer
04-14-2009, 10:22 AM
SD is the team going downhill. LT is old and declining, your OL is terrible (gave up 5 of KC's 10 sacks last year), and your defense was below average last year with Merrooooiiiiddddman coming back with no roids and a bad injury.

You forgot the ever popular phrase "The window has closed!" :hitself:

Hopefully LT still has some gas left in him but the Chargers showed they could win with Sproles and Rivers and without LT. :strong:

Yes, the o-line was terrible. Guess who was one of the main reasons why? I'll give you a hint. Your team just signed him! :loopy:

Major props for the Merriroid comment. That was original. ZZZ...

boltaneer
04-14-2009, 10:24 AM
You guys are just plain ignorant if you're comparing Waters to Roaf...

Once again, you're missing the point. Congratulations.

04-14-2009, 11:45 AM
No, I think you guys are.

In the grand scheme of team-building, pissing off an aging, declining guard is pretty much meaningless.

boltaneer
04-14-2009, 02:32 PM
No, I think you guys are.

In the grand scheme of team-building, pissing off an aging, declining guard is pretty much meaningless.

And you're still missing the point! You never cease to amaze me.

Thanks for playing though!

Florida_Bronco
04-14-2009, 03:35 PM

Remember when Bobo went to Chiefs training camp and claimed watching McIntosh and Allen was "watching two elite players going at it" or something like that.

I never laughed harder than that in my life.

colonelbeef
04-14-2009, 03:38 PM
The chiefs will be better, last years' draft will begin to pay dividends

Florida_Bronco
04-14-2009, 03:39 PM
Got it...so I should start blatantly calling people names to "grow up" like you.
Ha!

Pot meet kettle

There are people here that are mature enough and knowledgeable enough about football that we can have discussions and disagree with each other in a very respectful manner because they've shown they deserve to be treated that way.

You are not one of those people. You are an idiotic troll and shall be treated as such until you can prove otherwise.

Don't like that? Feel free to quit posting here.

04-14-2009, 04:45 PM
And you're still missing the point! You never cease to amaze me.

Thanks for playing though!

I got your point.

Saying the Chiefs don't have a direction is asinine. At least Norv Turner isn't our ****ing head coach, you know?

boltaneer
04-14-2009, 05:01 PM
I got your point.

Saying the Chiefs don't have a direction is asinine. At least Norv Turner isn't our ****ing head coach, you know?

Hey, I'm still not a big Norv fan but I'll give him credit where it's due: he's won three playoff games in the past two years. That's as many as Marty did in his entire tenure in KC.

Bronx33
04-14-2009, 05:03 PM
Hey, I'm still not a big Norv fan but I'll give him credit where it's due: he's won three playoff games in the past two years. That's as many as Marty did in his entire tenure in KC.

To be fair hes still riding the team marty built.

boltaneer
04-14-2009, 05:11 PM
To be fair hes still riding the team marty built.

He's winning with the team Marty couldn't win with.

But yes, I do give huge credit to Marty for building the team.

Bronx33
04-14-2009, 05:18 PM

But yes, I do give huge credit to Marty for building the team.

True marty was one year away from a SB sadly pock face norv took/stole all the hard work and failed to advance sooooooooooooooooo what's your point?

boltaneer
04-14-2009, 05:23 PM
True marty was one year away from a SB sadly pock face norv took/stole all the hard work and failed to advance sooooooooooooooooo what's your point?

I'm always fascinated when people say this.

What gives everyone that impression? He was a great coach, great motivator, great teacher, etc. But he just couldn't win in January. He choked in 2004 against the Jets, couldn't even make the post seaon in 2005 and choked again against the Patriots in 2006.

I wanted him to stay one more year but I think it just would have been another one and done. You have to know when it's time to move on.

Bronx33
04-14-2009, 05:27 PM
I'm always fascinated when people say this.

What gives everyone that impression? He was a great coach, great motivator, great teacher, etc. But he just couldn't win in January.

I wanted him to stay one more year but I think it just would have been another one and done. You have to know when it's time to move on.

fasinate away he had all the tools on his team finally just a bit more of fine tuning and he and you would fianlly have something to put in that trophy case besides a flag and flags don't mean shyt.. ( yep he was that close)

boltaneer
04-14-2009, 05:34 PM
fasinate away he had all the tools on his team finally just a bit more of fine tuning and he and you would fianlly have something to put in that trophy case besides a flag and flags don't mean shyt.. ( yep he was that close)

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Mine is that he would have done another playoff choke last year.

Sadly, it just wasn't meant to be for poor Marty. Cleveland, KC, San Diego... He just couldn't get the job done.

Bronx33
04-14-2009, 05:52 PM
And that is where the ( Window has closed) saying comes from.

boltaneer
04-14-2009, 06:04 PM
And that is where the ( Window has closed) saying comes from.

The window is open as long as AJ Smith keeps drafting like he does.

Bronx33
04-14-2009, 06:10 PM
The window is open as long as AJ Smith keeps drafting like he does.

yep norvs window is wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide open. :spit:

Karenin
04-15-2009, 06:50 AM

Winning what exactly?

boltaneer
04-15-2009, 09:22 AM
Winning what exactly?

Let's try reading all the posts next time...

400HZ
04-15-2009, 09:57 AM

The Chargers best chance was in 2006. Everyone ended up getting hurt in 2007 when we got to the AFCCG. Last year the talent just wasn't there defensively.

boltaneer
04-15-2009, 10:26 AM
The Chargers best chance was in 2006. Everyone ended up getting hurt in 2007 when we got to the AFCCG. Last year the talent just wasn't there defensively.

Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a winner!

Karenin
04-15-2009, 12:40 PM
Let's try reading all the posts next time...

k, I went back and re-read all the posts, and the question remains. What exactly has Norv won, that Marty hasn't? Other than a lot less games?

azbroncfan
04-15-2009, 01:00 PM
Let me guess without reading too much of this thread that Florida Bronco is the winner of the argument.