PDA

View Full Version : I Propose A Self-Imposed Board Deadline

BroncoBuff
04-11-2009, 01:50 PM
I PROPOSE A SELF-IMPOSED BOARD DEADLINE TO CEASE ALL:

Josh vs. Jay theads, p!ssy avatars (like the one on the left), flame-throwing anti-Josh posts AND rose-colored pro-Josh posts, and all intentionally provocative, angry posts ... we gotta come together somewhat.

I propose a dealine of FRIDAY NIGHT, APRIL 17 at MIDNIGHT - ONE WEEK BEFORE THE DRAFT. ... six days fron now

Who's with me?

The Joker
04-11-2009, 01:53 PM
http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/Smileys/Lots_O_Smileys/dowie.jpg

Florida_Bronco
04-11-2009, 01:53 PM
Sign me up.

OABB
04-11-2009, 01:56 PM
BEST. IDEA. EVER.

I am with you!

SoCalBronco
04-11-2009, 01:57 PM
Why?

People have opinions and feelings...strong ones, thats what makes the board good.

Nothing wrong with rose-colored pro-Josh posts or flame throwing anti-Josh posts. The fan base is divided. That's just the fact. I'm not sure why people are striving to "get everyone on the same page". We're not. That doesn't reflect reality. Why would we want to do something that doesn't reflect reality. We have divergent views and we get different inferences from many of the same facts. That's just life. That's where the team is right now and where the fanbase is right now. It is in a state of turmoil.

There are folks who are very optimistic and feel there are many legitimate reasons to be so. Why would we silence them just because their posts are rose colored pro-Josh posts? There are folks who are very pessimistic and feel there are many legitimate reasons to believe Josh and Co. have been and will continue to be a destructive influence. Why would we silence them?

I'm not sure what the benefit would be. It would result in there being virtually no posts at all, because almost all posts are either going to be generally in one way or another on this topic. You'll force people to just throw in a qualifying line or two at the end of their posts so they can say "see, look, it wasnt a flame throwing post, I threw that in there at the end...or it wasnt a koolaid post, I threw that in there at the end".

I don't see what you are trying to accomplish, Senator.

tsiguy96
04-11-2009, 01:58 PM
suck it. i will support mcdaniels til he gives me a total reason not to, and based on every players reaction to him, we could have a very good year on our hands.

now, all the hate-fest posts need to go, those are stupid.

OABB
04-11-2009, 02:00 PM
Why?

People have opinions and feelings...strong ones, thats what makes the board good.

Nothing wrong with rose-colored pro-Josh posts or flame throwing anti-Josh posts. The fan base is divided. That's just the fact. I'm not sure why people are striving to "get everyone on the same page". We're not. That doesn't reflect reality. Why would we want to do something that doesn't reflect reality. We have divergent views and we get different inferences from many of the same facts. That's just life. That's where the team is right now and where the fanbase is right now. It is in a state of turmoil.

There are folks who are very optimistic and feel there are many legitimate reasons to be so. Why would we silence them just because their posts are rose colored pro-Josh posts? There are folks who are very pessimistic and feel there are many legitimate reasons to believe Josh and Co. have been and will continue to be a destructive influence. Why would we silence them?

I'm not sure what the benefit would be. It would result in there being virtually no posts at all, because almost all posts are either going to be generally in one way or another on this topic. You'll force people to just throw in a qualifying line or two at the end of their posts so they can say "see, look, it wasnt a flame throwing post, I threw that in there at the end...or it wasnt a koolaid post, I threw that in there at the end".

I don't see what you are trying to accomplish, Senator.

o.k. how about a ban on just ceaseless, irrational, long winded, circuitous, whiney, bitchy
posts?

SoCalBronco
04-11-2009, 02:01 PM
suck it. i will support mcdaniels til he gives me a total reason not to,

now, all the hate-fest posts need to go, those are stupid.

What a very principled and even handed approach you have.

tsiguy96: "My posts are awesome, I'm not going to do anything but everyone else who disagrees should change their posts, they are stupid".

BroncoBuff
04-11-2009, 02:05 PM
SoCal, we'll all still disagree ... I'm just hoping we can keep the angry clutter (I'm guilty) out of the draft and mini-camp threads.

What would you say to ONE Jay vs. Josh thread ... and maybe even a sticky thread during the season about Jay? The way we're going, every thread about Orton during camp/pre-season is gonna get angry Jay-comparison flaming retorts. ???

tsiguy96
04-11-2009, 02:06 PM
What a very principled and even handed approach you have.

tsiguy96: "My posts are awesome, I'm not going to do anything but everyone else who disagrees should change their posts, they are stupid".

no, more like: haters need to go, everyone who is off the "mcdouche" bandwagon and can handle a real discussion should stay.

Popps
04-11-2009, 02:07 PM
I'm just flat-out excited about this upcoming season. Maybe more so than in a long time. Some of it is definitely honeymoon period stuff, I'm sure. But, I'm just damned stoked that a new philosophy seems to be taking shape, one of a team-concept, and one that's likely going to place a true priority on the defensive side of the ball.

So, I'll probably keep firing shots back if people want to drag this team through the ****.

I loved this team with Mike and Jay, and I love this team without them... right now, maybe more so.

SoCalBronco
04-11-2009, 02:07 PM
The way we're going, every thread about Orton during camp/pre-season is gonna get angry Jay-comparison flaming retorts. ???

So?

It will always be a basis for comparison. That's the bed that was made. There's alot of anger out there. There's alot of people who are happy out there as well. This is just reality. It's not all nice and fit. There is alot of emotion in both directions in the fanbase right now.

Tombstone RJ
04-11-2009, 02:10 PM

Josh vs. Jay theads, p!ssy avatars (like the one on the left), flame-throwing anti-Josh posts AND rose-colored pro-Josh posts, and all intentionally provocative, angry posts ... we gotta come together somewhat.

I propose a dealine of FRIDAY NIGHT, APRIL 17 at MIDNIGHT - ONE WEEK BEFORE THE DRAFT. ... six days fron now

Who's with me?

Not me.

tsiguy96
04-11-2009, 02:12 PM
So?

It will always be a basis for comparison. That's the bed that was made. There's alot of anger out there. There's alot of people who are happy out there as well. This is just reality. It's not all nice and fit. There is alot of emotion in both directions in the fanbase right now.

which is why some people are saying everyone needs to stop the sky is falling **** and wait to see if the team actually produces, which i have a good feeling they will.

baja
04-11-2009, 02:13 PM
As long as you agree with me we'll be fine ;D

scttgrd
04-11-2009, 02:13 PM
So I guess those who think it was a big mistake to give the new coach Shanny type power before he even coached a game should just be quiet? I don't think everone was sold on the fact we got the right guy, then the Cutler mess just gave more credance to it. I for one will question everything till the guy does something worth lauding. Till then he looks in over his head on at least half of his job.

footstepsfrom#27
04-11-2009, 02:14 PM
I'm not sure why people are striving to "get everyone on the same page".
Haven't you heard? Fan loyalty is measured by the willingness to suck up to whatever hair brained idea the new junta comes up with wtih no matter how stupid. Those who don't have emotional problems.

tsiguy96
04-11-2009, 02:15 PM
So I guess those who think it was a big mistake to give the new coach Shanny type power before he even coached a game should just be quiet? I don't think everone was sold on the fact we got the right guy, then the Cutler mess just gave more credance to it. I for one will question everything till the guy does something worth lauding. Till then he looks in over his head on at least half of his job.

so you questioning everything and us wanting or not wanting mcdaniels to get power will change anything? what about me, im in "wait and see" mode and am pretty supportive of everything they are doing, will that change anything either? or will i just go about my day better and having more enjoyment out of football then you do, but the bottom line will still be the same?

that is unless you enjoy being anti-everything broncos.

SoCalBronco
04-11-2009, 02:16 PM
Haven't you heard? Fan loyalty is measured by the willingness to suck up to whatever hair brained idea the new junta comes up with wtih no matter how stupid. Those who don't have emotional problems.

That's right. The true fan card is still alive and well here at the Mane, unfortunately.

But it is what it is. Not much we can do about it, footsteps.

Tombstone RJ
04-11-2009, 02:18 PM
That's right. The true fan card is still alive and well here at the Mane, unfortunately.

But it is what it is. Not much we can do about it, footsteps.

here's where they hug....

SoCalBronco
04-11-2009, 02:18 PM
what about me, im in "wait and see" mode and am pretty supportive of everything they are doing, will that change anything either?

So which one is it? Are you pretty supportive of everything they are doing or are you in "wait in see" mode?

or will i just go about my day better and having more enjoyment out of football then you do, but the bottom line will still be the same?

that is unless you enjoy being anti-everything broncos.

If its all still the same, why would it bother you if someone feels differently? And why do you care how others go about their day or whether they allegedly have as much "enjoyment" out of it than you do?

tsiguy96
04-11-2009, 02:22 PM
funny, no one responds to the approach of "wait and see, stop the doom and gloom til you find out if it has any merit"

are you incapable of doing that? or are you SO convinced that this team is dead now that you will just call this season a failure anyway, without even having seen the draft, minicamps, preseason or even a single game?

tsiguy96
04-11-2009, 02:23 PM
If its all still the same, why would it bother you if someone feels differently? And why do you care how others go about their day or whether they allegedly have as much "enjoyment" out of it than you do?

i will be supportive of what they do until i see the on field product is not any good. much like shanahans last few years.

TheReverend
04-11-2009, 02:29 PM
I refuse to abandon my avatar.

SoCalBronco
04-11-2009, 02:30 PM
I refuse to abandon my avatar.

Good. It's awesome. :)

scttgrd
04-11-2009, 02:30 PM
McDaniels will only be here for so long, every coach is hired to be fired. I am more concerned about how much impact he will have on the team long term. I am a Broncos fan not a McDaniels fan, if he screws up then he will be replaced. If he does well then all our fears will have been misplaced, but until I see something to change my mind he isn't looking too smart right now.

tsiguy96
04-11-2009, 02:33 PM
McDaniels will only be here for so long, every coach is hired to be fired. I am more concerned about how much impact he will have on the team long term. I am a Broncos fan not a McDaniels fan, if he screws up then he will be replaced. If he does well then all our fears will have been misplaced, but until I see something to change my mind he isn't looking too smart right now.

what exactly has he done that hes not looking too smart, and essentially every player on the team disagrees with you? besides cutler of course, and he gave cutler every chance in the world (and didnt even sign off on the final trade, that was bowlen) to get back on this team and do his job: be a QB.

hes hired a competent Dcoordinator, fielded an entire defense in FA so we can get BPA on defense in the draft. his RB signings are questionable but i dont think they will all make the team. everything hes done so far has had one aspect on it: this is a team sport, not a player sport.

SoCalBronco
04-11-2009, 02:34 PM
what exactly has he done that hes not looking too smart, and essentially every player on the team disagrees with you? besides cutler of course, and he gave cutler every chance in the world .

Doesn't sound like someone in "wait and see" mode to me.

Hogan11
04-11-2009, 02:38 PM

Who's with me?

I remember 5 years ago when Mock dropped the word "pollyanna" into his every post.....

You can propose anything like this you wish, but you'd be foolish if you expect any type of compliance.......at all.

scttgrd
04-11-2009, 02:40 PM
Lonnie Paxton, all the running backs, role players on defense when they needed paymakers and the Cutler deal. I am curious who you think player-wise is going to come out and say the coach made a dumb move? Who is going to risk thier paycheck to do that? McDaniels has already shown his ego is more important than keeping a player who can be great in his system.

Bronx33
04-11-2009, 02:44 PM
I know who josh is but who is this jay fellow you speak of?

SportinOne
04-11-2009, 02:45 PM
o.k. how about a ban on just ceaseless, irrational, long winded, circuitous, whiney, b****y
posts?

Popps, no one is singling you out but...

scttgrd
04-11-2009, 02:45 PM
I know who josh is but who is this jay fellow you speak of?

A ghost that will likely haunt this franchise for some time to come.

Hulamau
04-11-2009, 02:46 PM
I'm just flat-out excited about this upcoming season. Maybe more so than in a long time. Some of it is definitely honeymoon period stuff, I'm sure. But, I'm just damned stoked that a new philosophy seems to be taking shape, one of a team-concept, and one that's likely going to place a true priority on the defensive side of the ball.

So, I'll probably keep firing shots back if people want to drag this team through the ****.

I loved this team with Mike and Jay, and I love this team without them... right now, maybe more so.

All aboard the bus, hop on or at least get out from under the tires, we're rollin'!

Pick Six
04-11-2009, 02:58 PM

Or, a curse that will haunt the Bears after Cutler finds out that he doesn't have Brandon Marshall as a target...

OBF1
04-11-2009, 03:00 PM
I will be the Anti Socalbronco and play nice AND support my team, including the coaches and management.

Kaylore
04-11-2009, 03:00 PM
I think this is a good idea. If people want to join with BB and put their anger behind them then that's only a positive thing. For those that aren't ready to turn the page, that's certainly their choice. If you want to turn the page on all this and chose as BB has done, then please do so. If not, you don't have to but it won't do you any good to fume about it.

footstepsfrom#27
04-11-2009, 03:18 PM
I PROPOSE A SELF-IMPOSED BOARD DEADLINE...
So if you want to you do and if not you don't? How is that a change?

BroncoBuff
04-11-2009, 03:30 PM

Hey my friend, glad you like the avatar ... but can you use this one instead? (I changed the background color and added a border). I keep reading your posts and saying to myself, "some of this makes sense, but I don't remember posting it..." hmmm...

(I'm a little slow)

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/3268/mcdo.png

BroncoBuff
04-11-2009, 03:33 PM
Actually, I'll change mine, I'll use the new one ... it's quicker.

scttgrd
04-11-2009, 03:35 PM
Actually, I'll change mine, I'll use the new one ... it's quicker.
Too late, thanks for at least using a .png.

BroncoBuff
04-11-2009, 03:36 PM
cool! you were actually faster .... ;D

scttgrd
04-11-2009, 03:40 PM
I think this is a good idea. If people want to join with BB and put their anger behind them then that's only a positive thing. For those that aren't ready to turn the page, that's certainly their choice. If you want to turn the page on all this and chose as BB has done, then please do so. If not, you don't have to but it won't do you any good to fume about it.

I don't know about anyone else but im not upset, there were changes that needed to be made and I fear that the mistakes are being repeated. I think it was pretty much a common theme that Shanny needed to have the GM duties taken away, but here we go again giving it all to one guy. It would be nice to have an experienced GM and not a coach or cap cruncher running the personnel. I am wait and see mode, I just don't understand the lovefest considering the things I mentioned.

TheReverend
04-11-2009, 03:47 PM

Anger can get left behind.

But when we try to move past hilarity? That is where I draw the line, good sir.

Inkana7
04-11-2009, 03:55 PM
Two guys with the same avatar and viewpoints. That's not confusing at all.

scttgrd
04-11-2009, 03:57 PM
Two guys with the same avatar and viewpoints. That's not confusing at all.

That's ok, you will figure things out some day.:wave:

Rohirrim
04-11-2009, 03:58 PM
Take your kumbaya and put it where the sun don't shine, BB.

I'm fighting to the death.

;D

Archer81
04-11-2009, 03:59 PM
Already sick that my government is deaf to criticism of any kind, can I at least have ONE place where I can go to vent and bitch?

:Broncos:

Shoemaker
04-11-2009, 03:59 PM
See, I think this is a good idea, but I have a hangup with it.

How do we distinguish between a "rose-colored" pro-Josh post (which is banned under this policy), and a normal post approving of something he does or says?

And how do we distinguish between a "flame-throwing" anti-Josh post and a simple disagreement one? I can see this being easier with all the mentions of snake-flinging, AIDS infecting, or the next creative McNickname, but where do we draw the line?

And the pro-Josh rule seems harder still to differentiate. What's "rose-colored," exactly? Would we just not be posting anything positive about our coach, or what?

sisterhellfyre
04-11-2009, 04:00 PM

I've been ready for that for a while now. [shrug]

BroncoBuff
04-11-2009, 04:04 PM

Unfortunately this whole idea fails without #1 flamethrower here on board ...

Notice how he blames others for his refusal to participate? :~ohyah!:

sisterhellfyre
04-11-2009, 04:25 PM
Unfortunately this whole idea fails without #1 flamethrower here on board ... Notice how he blames others for his refusal to participate?

Last time I checked, that's what the Ignore feature is for. :-) Works for me.

Rohirrim
04-11-2009, 05:06 PM
Unfortunately this whole idea fails without #1 flamethrower here on board ...

Notice how he blames others for his refusal to participate? :~ohyah!:

Kind of weird to showcase that avatar while asking others to make nice.

Cognitive dissonance. :wiggle:

Use this as your avatar and then maybe it will work:

http://www.makeherup.com/wp-content/uploads/smurfs1.jpg

DenverBrit
04-11-2009, 05:09 PM
It would be simpler to just ban threads that want to ban threads. ;D

Archer81
04-11-2009, 05:16 PM

Use this as your avatar and then maybe it will work:

http://www.makeherup.com/wp-content/uploads/smurfs1.jpg

Smurfs are gay. One female smurf and 50 other smurfs who all walk around barechested JUST wearing pants...

Rohirrim
04-11-2009, 05:18 PM
Smurfs are gay. One female smurf and 50 other smurfs who all walk around barechested JUST wearing pants...

That would have never occurred to me. Who are you, Pat Robertson?

Archer81
04-11-2009, 05:21 PM
That would have never occurred to me. Who are you, Pat Robertson?

I hope not. I used to have a theory about the smurfs being communist, but I came up with it when I was REALLY drunk. But really, one female smurf, they have baby smurfs, but have like 100 male smurfs who sing all the time, wear skin tight pants and walk around half nekkid. What else would they be?

Rohirrim
04-11-2009, 05:38 PM
I hope not. I used to have a theory about the smurfs being communist, but I came up with it when I was REALLY drunk. But really, one female smurf, they have baby smurfs, but have like 100 male smurfs who sing all the time, wear skin tight pants and walk around half nekkid. What else would they be?

Republicans? ???

listopencil
04-11-2009, 07:59 PM
Hell no.

Archer81
04-11-2009, 08:09 PM
Republicans? ???

HAHAHAHAHAHA

OABB
04-11-2009, 08:10 PM

Fags

Archer81
04-11-2009, 08:15 PM
Fags

I was going to say the Oakland Raiders, but that works too.

Atlas
04-11-2009, 08:17 PM
Republicans? ???

Gay Republicans ???

Circle Orange
04-11-2009, 08:31 PM
I think once the flow of the season starts and we have a better feel for the team, this stuff will fade.

Offseason is always hell. Gives you too much time to obsess. 8')

OABB
04-11-2009, 08:44 PM
Gay Republicans ???

Karl Rove?

BroncoBuff
04-11-2009, 09:20 PM
Last time I checked, that's what the Ignore feature is for. :-) Works for me.
Yes, but I LIKE Popps ... and he likes me. We agree 99% of the time ... this is unusual.

Same with Rohirrim ... of the hundreds of guys on this board, Roh was the guy I would most CERTAINLY would agree with his every.single.post on every.single.topic. Until Jay vs. Josh.

I'm telling you, this issue is tearing relationships apart! :vermeil:

watermock
04-11-2009, 09:24 PM

Who's with me?

R U serious?

McDummy can be expected to improve the team.

We won't win 6 games. Book it.

watermock
04-11-2009, 09:27 PM
Odds to win the 2010 Super Bowl XLIV All wagers have action. Singles Only.
Arizona Cardinals
25/1

Atlanta Falcons
25/1

Baltimore Ravens
20/1

Buffalo Bills
40/1

Carolina Panthers
18/1

Chicago Bears
20/1

Cincinnati Bengals
65/1

Cleveland Browns
60/1

Dallas Cowboys
11/1

Denver Broncos
35/1

Detroit Lions
100/1

Green Bay Packers
27/1

Houston Texans
35/1

Indianapolis Colts
11/1

Jacksonville Jaguars
35/1

Kansas City Chiefs
40/1

Miami Dolphins
45/1

Minnesota Vikings
16/1

New England Patriots
9/2

New Orleans Saints
20/1

New York Giants
10/1

New York Jets
30/1

Oakland Raiders
100/1

Philadelphia Eagles
15/1

Pittsburgh Steelers
10/1

San Diego Chargers
15/1

San Francisco 49ers
40/1

Seattle Seahawks
40/1

St.Louis Rams
75/1

Tampa Bay Buccaneers
35/1

Tennessee Titans
20/1

Washington Redskins
25/1

Vegas has Chicago 20/1, Denver 35/1

tsiguy96
04-11-2009, 09:34 PM
wait, so you are saying that since chicago has a better team than us, they are more likely to win the super bowl?

no way.

tsiguy96
04-11-2009, 09:35 PM
Yes, but I LIKE Popps ... and he likes me. We agree 99% of the time ... this is unusual.

Same with Rohirrim ... of the hundreds of guys on this board, Roh was the guy I would most CERTAINLY would agree with his every.single.post on every.single.topic. Until Jay vs. Josh.

I'm telling you, this issue is tearing relationships apart! :vermeil:

then stop being irrational and look at the facts, the timeline, who tried to fix the relationship and who sat at home still crying and it will be very, very obvious as to the problem here. there are still reports that cutler asked for a trade after the shanahan/bates thing, he DEFINITELY asked for a trade on the 15th and then when he got it, he denied it. come on.

you keep saying he misled or lied to cutler, there really is no evidence of that at all. he wasnt actively trying to trade cutler, he got involved in discussions to see what he was worth when he was approached, those trades fell through for cassel (they were never serious to begin with) and he stuck with his guns since then: he is not trying to trade cutler.

then cutler decided to ignore the owner of the team. you dont do that, that is straight disrespect. thats why he got traded.

watermock
04-11-2009, 09:53 PM
wait, so you are saying that since chicago has a better team than us, they are more likely to win the super bowl?

no way.

No, VEGAS IS, DUMBASS.

tsiguy96
04-11-2009, 09:55 PM
No, VEGAS IS, DUMBASS.

so the team that last year, had a better defense and better offense and better special teams, is more likely to win the super bowl this year. damn, good stuff.

watermock
04-11-2009, 10:06 PM
No accout of the trade I suppose?

and better offense

Your kidding right?

If we of had 'forte, we would of walked away.

tsiguy96
04-11-2009, 10:10 PM
No accout of the trade I suppose?

Your kidding right?

If we of had 'forte, we would of walked away.

they scored more points didnt they? how many red zone turnovers did they have?

given the pathetic weapons they had on offense, for them to score more points says a lot about this team...

ZONA
04-11-2009, 10:43 PM
I've never minded anybody coming on here and explaining their position if it's done with taste and is intelligently written. I just don't care for the dbags who get on here and just demonstrate their lack of intelligence by throwing out idiotic rants one way or the other. Like that one guy who said "welcome to mediocrity", as if we weren't already there for the last 3 years. Some people people are just stupid and don't know how to articulate their position, but I guess that's life.

No need to join hands and hug. We can all be Bronco fans and have different beliefs about how the team looks now and going forward. I can't say it any better then Rome.

Have a take but don't suck.

watermock
04-11-2009, 10:48 PM
they scored more points didnt they? how many red zone turnovers did they have?

given the pathetic weapons they had on offense, for them to score more points says a lot about this team...

You tell me.

PTS
(14th)
YDS
(26th)
PASS YDS
(21st)
RUSH YDS
(24th)
PTS
(16th)
YDS
(21st)
PASS YDS
(30th)
RUSH YDS
(5th)
(league rank)

BroncoBuff
04-11-2009, 10:51 PM

Good heavens, Roh .... read the first post of this thread ferhevvinsake. Uhh

Bob's your Information Minister
04-11-2009, 11:06 PM
This is a terrible idea. If you hate your dumbass head coach, wear that on your sleeve with vitriol and spite. Don't keep it in the closet.

Atwater His Ass
04-11-2009, 11:08 PM
See buff you can't use what Jay said as "evidence" to the mentally challenged here. But it's cool for them to pick out pieces of what McD and Pat said as "evidence" because it fits their agenda. (but hey lets ignore the multiple times where Pat contradicted himself in different press conferences, that coulnd't possibly be "evidence" it doesn't support my agenda!!!!!).

Anyway, I like you buff, but this is a pretty lame idea. Espcially with people like tsiguy mascerading as a middle of the road wait and see guy when his posts are in actuallity universally an endorsement of McD and hate for Jay. He's a fraud.

Bottom line is I'm a Denver Bronco fan, not a McD or Cutler fan. Getting rid of Cutler was wrong and will set this franchise back at a minimum 3 years. That's a problem.

SoCalBronco
04-11-2009, 11:08 PM
This is a terrible idea. If you hate your dumbass head coach, wear that on your sleeve with vitriol and spite. Don't keep it in the closet.

Winner: Bob

BroncoBuff
04-11-2009, 11:09 PM
You keep saying he misled or lied to cutler, there really is no evidence of that at all. he wasnt actively trying to trade cutler, he got involved in discussions to see what he was worth when he was approached, those trades fell through for cassel (they were never serious to begin with).

There most definitely IS evidence Josh lied/misled Jay. Jay said he did. And that most definitely IS evidence.

You assume your read of the facts is the correct one, that's where you go wrong. You say Josh "wasn't actively involved" as some conclusory "fact", but it's definitely not a fact (it's a conclusion). The majority of the information indicates now he was deeply involved, in TALKS anyway. There were even two separate stories form Minnesota that said the Vikings had a trade proposal that was nixed by some of the coaches ... and the Vikings weren't even one of the teams we heard about off the top, it was the Bucs and Lions.

Only Belichick seems to say there were no other deals, and I wouldn't trust him for the time of day.

You should never state your interpretation of the facts as if those interpretations were facts themselves.

then cutler decided to ignore the owner of the team. you dont do that, that is straight disrespect. thats why he got traded.

I'll give you that ... that part is factual.

BroncoBuff
04-11-2009, 11:21 PM
The reason I want to do this is because it's gonna screw up the fun of the Broncos draft and camp and season if we don't try to self-impose some kind of informal limits ... people will CONSTANTLY be bringing up / flaming this stuff. When we draft whoever at #18, somebody will surely say "we traded Cutler for this clown?"

But I think it'd be kinda impossible to do this ... for a variety of reasons, including that the Boss here is a raging Libertarian, and he always lets people say what they want, bless his bleedin' heart.

I can always edit MYSLEF, though ... and I encourage others to do the same ;D

Atwater His Ass
04-12-2009, 02:09 AM
Winner: Bob

Which is so wrong on so many levels.

****ing bobo has a clearer picture of what is happening that most of the posters here. I'm scared.

Atwater His Ass
04-12-2009, 02:11 AM
The reason I want to do this is because it's gonna screw up the fun of the Broncos draft and camp and season if we don't try to self-impose some kind of informal limits ... people will CONSTANTLY be bringing up / flaming this stuff. When we draft whoever at #18, somebody will surely say "we traded Cutler for this clown?"

But I think it'd be kinda impossible to do this ... for a variety of reasons, including that the Boss here is a raging Libertarian, and he always lets people say what they want, bless his bleedin' heart.

I can always edit MYSLEF, though ... and I encourage others to do the same ;D

But buff that's the point. We did trade Cutler for "that guy". And it shouldn't be forgotten, either for the good or the bad. SoCal already summed it up with his first post, but just because there is division right now doesn't mean we should just ignore it.

DBroncos4life
04-12-2009, 02:20 AM
Im drunk this sounds like a great idea Go Broncos

Atwater His Ass
04-12-2009, 02:22 AM
Go Broncos

If anyone wants to get behind a mantra, this is the one.:thumbsup:

DBroncos4life
04-12-2009, 02:24 AM
If anyone wants to get behind a mantra, this is the one.:thumbsup:

horse **** don't qoute me.

DBroncos4life
04-12-2009, 02:30 AM
Buff this is our team. Fans should disagree. They should have the right to have a opinion. I fought for my opinion. I was nine when John Elway lost to the 49ers. I lost to two 49er fans. but I stayed strong. Lossing John didn't make me change how I felt this wont either.

DBBBSBS
04-12-2009, 02:42 AM
This Idea Sounds Like **** That Comes Out Of Thunder

Rohirrim
04-12-2009, 03:18 AM
Good heavens, Roh .... read the first post of this thread ferhevvinsake. Uhh

The visual element trumps the text. Always. How do they say it? A picture is worth a thousand words. I think the undercurrent of this thread is, "All those who disagree with me should shut up." It's a valid take. I just don't think anybody is going to go along.

OABB
04-12-2009, 10:41 AM

what if that coach hasn't even coached your team through mini-camps yet?

I am for this ban even if it only holds a few weeks, because this whole board is starting to look like an all girl summer camp complete with slap fighting and hair pulling.

this is a football board with 95% of the members being men, and it is worse than a board full of 13 year old girls fighting about who is the cutest Jonas Brother sometimes.

I just want logical, football related discussion peppered with a few inside jokes and good clean fun.

Popps,lex,socal,mock,taco, etc. etc... are so caught up in their crap that this board is becoming unrecognizable. I was here under another name (been lurking since the plummer and Ihop pickups) and this board is different.

Bronco buff, who at times has been the most illogical of all of you, at least is coming to his senses a bit with this thread..even if it is a weird idea, it at least brings up the point about thinking before you post.

It's funny because the 20,000 plus poster's usually complain about us newbs ruining this board and how "it was so much better in the old days", but they are the ones infighting and throwing monkey poop in an endless circuitous argument that makes my head spin.

sisterhellfyre
04-12-2009, 10:52 AM
It's funny because the 20,000 plus poster's usually complain about us newbs ruining this board and how "it was so much better in the old days", but they are the ones infighting and throwing monkey poop in an endless circuitous argument that makes my head spin.

Rep. Thanks.

bronco610
04-12-2009, 11:22 AM

Who's with me?

No because then "They" would have won !!!

Dagmar
04-12-2009, 11:32 AM
R U serious?

McDummy can be expected to improve the team.

We won't win 6 games. Book it.

http://images.rockmnation.com/images/admin/its_peanut_butter_jelly_time_from_f.gif

Dagmar
04-12-2009, 11:33 AM
http://lc.fdots.com/cc/lc/ea/eaf96e3242bfaa02573949a6ced1f349.gif

BroncoBuff
04-12-2009, 12:22 PM
The visual element trumps the text. Always.

Point taken .....

PEACE OFFERING ......

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/7118/mcdaniels.jpg

:peace:

Rohirrim
04-12-2009, 01:11 PM
McD is a funny looking guy, isn't he? I'm already done with the whole thing. Shanahan is gone. Jay is gone. A new era begins for the Broncos. Hopefully, it brings many Lombardis. I'm really looking forward to camp, the draft, the preseason, and finally, the season. I really hope the D improves. I couldn't stand watching another three games in a row as ugly as those last three. And I still haven't got the taste of that Raiders loss out of my mouth. Here's to the future!
:bronxrox: