PDA

View Full Version : Not counting the Draft: Your defensive depth chart

BroncoBuff
04-11-2009, 10:43 AM
I'm still ticked off I mistakenly believed that Yahoo! depth chart was for real. I was head-scratching on that stupid thing for days.

So let's see yer defensive depth charts, but JUST THE GUYS WE HAVE NOW ... otherwise they get too silly. Just put an asterisk on a position where a draft pick might come in and compete:

DE* - Marcus Thomas, Kenny Peterson
NT* - Ron Fields, Carlton Powell, Mattias Askew
DE* - Kenny Peterson, Nic Clemons

WOLB* - Elvis Dumervil, Wesley Woodyard, Jarvis Moss
WILB* - DJ Williams, Darrell Reid, Mario Haggan
SILB* - Andra Davis, Spencer Larsen
SOLB* - Boss Bailey, Louis Green

CB - Champ Bailey, Josh Bell
SS* - Brian Dawkins, Josh Barrett
FS* - Reynaldo Hill, Vernon-freaking-Fox
CB* - Andre Goodman, Jack Williams

I guess I asterick-ed every spot but Champ/Bell ... goes to show you hwo silly the Josh Freeman/Mark Sanchez
speculation is. We are still a VERY empty cupboard on defense.

BowlenBall
04-11-2009, 10:54 AM
Awww, c'mon.... I think we could probably bring someone in to compete with Andre Goodman, too....

bronco0608
04-11-2009, 10:59 AM
Not a big Jarvis Moss fan, huh?

BroncoBuff
04-11-2009, 11:08 AM
Not a big Jarvis Moss fan, huh?

Why finding fault ... why not list your own?

Okay ... I fixed it.

NFLBRONCO
04-11-2009, 11:22 AM
We better trade down and stockpile more picks

CHANGSTER
04-11-2009, 11:29 AM
Yours is pretty good. Just a couple tweaks imo.

DE* - Marcus Thomas, Carlton Powell, Mattias Askew
NT* - Ron Fields, , J'vonne Parker
DE* - Kenny Peterson, Nic Clemons, Mattias Askew

WOLB* - Elvis Dumervil, Jarvis Moss
WILB - DJ Williams, Wesley Woodyard, Mario Haggan
SOLB* - Boss Bailey, Darrell Reid, Louis Green

SS - Brian Dawkins, Josh Barrett
FS* - Reynaldo Hill, Vernon Fox
CB - Andre Goodman, Jack MF Williams

Gcver2ver3
04-11-2009, 11:30 AM
I'm still ticked off I mistakenly believed that Yahoo! depth chart was for real. I was head-scratching on that stupid thing for days.

So let's see yer defensive depth charts, but JUST THE GUYS WE HAVE NOW ... otherwise they get too silly. Just put an asterisk on a position where a draft pick might come in and compete:

I guess I asterick-ed every spot but Champ/Bell ... goes to show you hwo silly the Josh Freeman/Mark Sanchez

looks good Buff...

Woodyard would back-up Bailey in all likihood (or maybe even start over him)...

Moss would probably be the primary back-up to Doom...

i know McD reported Reid would play OLB, but look for him to get looks mainly at 3-4 end...

BroncoBuff
04-11-2009, 11:43 AM
Yours is pretty good. Just a couple tweaks imo.

WILB - DJ Williams, Wesley Woodyard, Mario Haggan
SOLB* - Boss Bailey, Darrell Reid, Louis Green

I like your LBs better than mine ... you're right with Woodyard at WILB. I've commented several times I see bits of Al Wilson in Wesley ... the lateral pursuit and speed. He'll be terrific wherever they put him. (Mine fixed below)

looks good Buff...

Woodyard would back-up Bailey in all likihood (or maybe even start over him)...

Moss would probably be the primary back-up to Doom...

i know McD reported Reid would play OLB, but look for him to get looks mainly at 3-4 end...

You're so right ... I mistakenly listed Peterson twice. Fixed:

DE* - Darrell Reid, Nic Clemons

WILB* - DJ Williams, Wesley Woodyard, Mario Haggan

DBBBSBS
04-11-2009, 12:29 PM
I like your LBs better than mine ... you're right with Woodyard at WILB. I've commented several times I see bits of Al Wilson in Wesley ... the lateral pursuit and speed. He'll be terrific wherever they put him. (Mine fixed below)

You're so right ... I mistakenly listed Peterson twice. Fixed:

DE* - Darrell Reid, Nic Clemons

WILB* - DJ Williams, Wesley Woodyard, Mario Haggan

i see we badly need to draft solb and de as the 12 and 18. and NT, CB and RB in round 2, 3

Punisher
04-11-2009, 12:45 PM

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2009/1684863796_d4a18db722.jpg?v=0

BroncoBuff
04-11-2009, 01:35 PM
I don't get it, Punisher .... although I sense some top-notch comedy there. :~ohyah!:

i see we badly need to draft solb and de as the 12 and 18. and NT, CB and RB in round 2, 3

I'm right with you on draft priorities there, but I'd substitute S for RB.

And the NT in round 2 - Ron Brace.

Punisher
04-11-2009, 01:52 PM
I don't get it, Punisher .... although I sense some top-notch comedy there. :~ohyah!:

I'm right with you on draft priorities there, but I'd substitute S for RB.

And the NT in round 2 - Ron Brace.

Just saying our defense is just a load of crap that's all :approve:

BroncoBuff
04-11-2009, 02:02 PM
Just saying our defense is just a load of crap that's all :approve:

Gotta agree there ....

Tombstone RJ
04-11-2009, 02:03 PM

I don't get many posters LB spots. I'd have Jarvis Moss starting at WOLB. Screw Boss.

WOLB* - Jarvis Moss, Wesley Woodyard
SOLB* - Elvis Dumervil, Boss Bailey, Louis Green

That makes more sense to me.

OrangeRising
04-11-2009, 02:20 PM
Bronco Defensive Depth Chart:

DJ Williams
Champ Bailey
Brian Dawkins

Substitutes:
Elvis Dumervil

On the bubble:
Everyone else

SonOfLe-loLang
04-11-2009, 04:18 PM
Why do some people have Darrell Reid at ILB? You know he was a DT in Indy, right? Coach McD mentioned him as an OLB to rush the passer.

BroncoBuff
04-11-2009, 04:25 PM
Why do some people have Darrell Reid at ILB? You know he was a DT in Indy, right? Coach McD mentioned him as an OLB to rush the passer.

My mistake off the bat in Post #1, and that post was quoted over and over .... but I corrected it and put Reid at DE in Post #8.

But he weights 290, and that's a whole lotta Darrell for OLB ???

SonOfLe-loLang
04-11-2009, 04:28 PM
My mistake off the bat in Post #1, and that post was quoted over and over .... but I corrected it and put Reid at DE in Post #8.

But he weights 290, and that's a whole lotta Darrell for OLB ???

He does seem like a load...but he does bust his ass on special teams. Maybe he'll drop weight?

Gcver2ver3
04-11-2009, 04:45 PM
I don't get many posters LB spots. I'd have Jarvis Moss starting at WOLB. Screw Boss.

WOLB* - Jarvis Moss, Wesley Woodyard
SOLB* - Elvis Dumervil, Boss Bailey, Louis Green

That makes more sense to me.

don't expect to see Moss and Doom on the field at the same time each at an OLB spot...we'd get killed defending the pass...

ROLB is the spot where a D-End typically plays while lolb is where you can expect a LB to play...so my best guess is Doom plays ROLB and either Woodyard, Boss, or DJ play lolb...

i don't think neither Doom or Moss will play lolb unless all of a sudden they show they are able to drop into coverage...

Archer81
04-11-2009, 04:52 PM
DE: Thomas, Peterson
NT: Fields, McBean
DE: Crowder, Powell
OLB: Williams, Dumervil
ILB: Davis, Haggan, Reid
ILB: Larsen, Woodyard, Reid
OLB: Bailey, Moss
CB: Bailey, Bell
CB: Goodman, Moulton
FS: Barrett, Jones
SS: Dawkins, Hill

:Broncos:

elsid13
04-11-2009, 04:58 PM
Both Haggan and Reid are outside backers in the 3/4. I don't understand why everyone has Reid who played DE last season for the Colts inside. Haggan size translate more into his natural outside position, where he played for the Bills.

Also I believe Larson will be the starter after the camp.

Rohirrim
04-11-2009, 05:02 PM
The Mighty Matt McChesney is getting no love. :pity:

frerottenextelway
04-11-2009, 05:09 PM
Looks like the same talent level as last year, sans Dawkins.

I don't see Elvis starting. Too small and ineffective at the LOS and will be too exploitable as a linebacker.

At least if we draft LBs, LBs usually can step in and play well their rookie season. The line is going to stink again.

Archer81
04-11-2009, 05:12 PM
Looks like the same talent level as last year, sans Dawkins.

I don't see Elvis starting. Too small and ineffective at the LOS and will be too exploitable as a linebacker.

At least if we draft LBs, LBs usually can step in and play well their rookie season. The line is going to stink again.

Cant honestly say if they are going to be horrible or not. Different scheme, different coaches. We'll see what happens. I really doubt the team is going to be in the bottom 3 for points allowed again this year.

frerottenextelway
04-11-2009, 05:21 PM
Cant honestly say if they are going to be horrible or not. Different scheme, different coaches. We'll see what happens. I really doubt the team is going to be in the bottom 3 for points allowed again this year.

Dawkins helps a lot. We can be more creative to mask the front 7 whereas last year we couldn't. I still see us easily being bottom 10 though, but like you said, we'll see.

Tombstone RJ
04-11-2009, 06:28 PM
don't expect to see Moss and Doom on the field at the same time each at an OLB spot...we'd get killed defending the pass...

ROLB is the spot where a D-End typically plays while lolb is where you can expect a LB to play...so my best guess is Doom plays ROLB and either Woodyard, Boss, or DJ play lolb...

i don't think neither Doom or Moss will play lolb unless all of a sudden they show they are able to drop into coverage...

I think they'd be great on the field together to pressure a QB. No one on this board has a freaking clue as to how the current defensive players are gonna pan out in this hybrid 3/4-4/3.

The point of a good 3/4 is it gets the best players on the field and can be changed up depending what the opposing offense is doing.

Gcver2ver3
04-11-2009, 06:38 PM
I think they'd be great on the field together to pressure a QB. No one on this board has a freaking clue as to how the current defensive players are gonna pan out in this hybrid 3/4-4/3.

The point of a good 3/4 is it gets the best players on the field and can be changed up depending what the opposing offense is doing.

no i suppose none of us do have a clue, but i can tell you that Moss and Doom would not man the OLB spots...that's not how a 3-4 allignment works...

and since when has Jarvis Moss been considered as one of our best players?...

Tombstone RJ
04-11-2009, 07:46 PM
no i suppose none of us do have a clue, but i can tell you that Moss and Doom would not man the OLB spots...that's not how a 3-4 allignment works...

and since when has Jarvis Moss been considered as one of our best players?...

Granted, Moss has done a whole lotta nothing so far. But I don't have a whole lot of confidence in Shanny's ability to get the most out of his defensive draft picks.

As far as knowing 3-4 alignment, I do know this: This is a hybrid defense and that being said, I don't know how Nolan is gonna line people up, exactly. In other words: my guess is as good as yours.

listopencil
04-11-2009, 08:03 PM
CB= Champ Bailey

Everything Else= ****ing Sucks, All Positions Wide Open

Archer81
04-11-2009, 08:12 PM

I want to see the obvious athleticism from Doom and Moss if they get to attack the LOS standing up. Good defense to me is making the offense confused, and creating chaos in the backfield. If the best chance to do this is have Moss and Doom at OLB, then do it. IMO.