PDA

View Full Version : OSKIE's Mock Draft v1.0

Broncoman13
04-11-2009, 10:31 AM
#12- Tyson Jackson- A month ago I would have told you no way. Not flashy enough, doesn't bring a game changing presence, won't be the pick. Today I see Jackson as a guy that improves everyone around him. Battle tested having started 3 1/2 years at SEC powerhouse LSU, it is realistic to expect him to step in as a starter from day one. While he will likely never be a 12-15 sack guy, he can push the pocket and play the run better than anyone else we could take at #12. A guy that will allow our LBs to make plays in the 3-4 and then move inside to DT when we show a 4-3. An every-down lineman that will come in and start from day one in a position of need. What more can you ask for?

#18- James Laurinaitis- I would love to see us trade down a bit and still get our man, but I'm not going to attempt to think of any trades that would facilitate moving down and still getting a guy like Laurinaitis. Truly, I hope that Maualuga goes off the board before we draft at 18 b/c he has too much potential to pass up, but he also has too many question marks to draft. But I hope he doesn't end up in SD if that tells you anything! Laurinaitis won't bring the game changing, thunderous hits like Maualuga, but he is a heady inside linebacker that can cover better than any of the guys from USC. In a division with Gates and Gonzo it is important and absolutely necessary to have linebackers that can cover. Laurinaitis also has shown to be a leader that works hard to improve and understand his assignments. A guy that won't look for individual success as much as he will the overall success of the team. His speed (4.72 at his pro day) isn't great, but it is adequate and his game is predicated on knowing where to be rather than having to make up ground with athleticism. Described by Scott Wright as Intense and competitive...Has a lot of experience...Durable...Smart...Very mature...Outstanding work ethic...Team and community leader...Was extraordinarily productive. Similar to former big 10 LBs Paul Posluszny and Dan Connor but a better overall skillset.

#48- LeSean McCoy- I still stand by my convictions that the Broncos will draft some flash in the first couple of rounds. His competitiveness, his energy, his ability to run and catch effectively... all of his traits are good additions to any team. I believe he is similar to a player like Kevin Faulk but more dynamic and explosive with the ball in his hands. One thing that Faulk was able to do that McCoy will have to improve upon is blocking. We cannot afford to put a guy on the field that cannot protect our QB on 3rd downs.

#79- Pat White- I only hope that he lasts this long. He doesn't have prototypical size for a QB and most teams don't see him at the QB position, but he has exceptional athleticism and could transition to receiver in the NFL. What I like about Pat White is his attitude. This kid's intangibles are through the roof. He'd be a project regardless of position, but his upside is that of a Hines Ward/Rod Smith type. With his football IQ, attitude, and other intangibles, he will succeed in the NFL.

#84- Eric Wood- The Broncos have already showed an interest in Eric Wood inviting him in for an official visit/work out. While not an immediate need, taking the 3rd best Center in what is a fairly deep draft at the position, sets the Broncos up nicely for the future. Wood needs to develop some lower body strength and refine his technique so that he can anchor at the next level. But he already plays with a nasty attitude and seems to have a fairly high football IQ that you'd like to see from your Center.

#114-Jason Williams- He is quickly moving up draft boards so he may not be available here. Equipped with tremendous athleticism (4.4 speed for a 240# LB) he will need a year to grow into the system. Potentially the OLB of the future to play on the opposite end of Doom/Moss/Williams?

#149- Dorrell Scott- Let our run on big nasties begin! I go with Scott first b/c I think his best football in still in front of him. It is apparent that he would get gassed easily and that his motor was inconsistent at best. All of that is improved in a professional environment, especially when yo consider how the NFL rotates the DT position.

#185- Terrance Taylor- Another big nasty for the middle rotation. Taylor isn't a penetrator. He's a guy that will occupy blockers and hold the LOS. Best known for his run stuffing ability Taylor has the strength to anchor the middle of a 3-4, but like Scott his stamina is lacking and he too would benefit from being in a rotation.

#225- Quan Crosby- Small but athletic. Anybody that watches Texas Football can attest to his ability. He (and Shipley) were Colt McCoy's go to guys. Crosby has excellent intangibles and his upside would be that of the #3 in an offense that puts three receivers on the field regularly. Another high character guy (An active member in the Longhorns' community service program. Graduated with a degree in social work. Helped organize an event with Wonders and Worries to bring Longhorns and children whose parents are dealing with severe illnesses together. A three-time member of UT's Athletics Director's Honor Roll.)

#235- Jason Boltus- For a 7th round pick you get exactly what you would expect... a LONG term project. Boltus has good size a 6'3 and 225 lbs. He also has good arm strength and mobility. What he lacks is accuracy and he hasn't played against many NFL caliber opponents. He has some upside but likely never sees the field in a regular season game.

I've placed a lot of focus on character in this draft. While I would prefer a guy like Knowshon Moreno for that very reason, McCoy in the 2nd is a better value, IMO.

No trades in this draft, but I do see a few possibilities. Most have to do with picks #18, 48, and either of our 3rds.

I could see the Broncos drafting Moreno at #18 and then trading #48 and a 3rd to move up to #33-35 range if Laurinaitis were to slip. I could also see them doing the same thing to move up for a guy like Unger who can not only be the Center of the future, but back up all OL positions short term.

Inkana7
04-11-2009, 10:50 AM
LOL Laurinaitis can he had with our 2nd round pick, most likely.

Borks147
04-11-2009, 10:54 AM

nah, he'll go the Colts in the end of the 1st

Broncoman13
04-11-2009, 11:27 AM
18 is high for Laurinaitis, I agree with that... but thinking he'll fall to #48 is more of a stretch than drafting him at #18. If we wait for a MLB/ILB at #48, the best we'll do is Jasper Brinkley (which isn't bad, IMO).

eddie mac
04-11-2009, 11:32 AM
Maybe I'm wrong but I dont see Laurinaitis fitting Nolan's scheme at all.

Broncoman13
04-11-2009, 11:39 AM
I don't necessarily agree with that Eddie. In fact, I think he fits it quite well as one of his biggest issues is disengaging and making the play. Nolan's system offers him some protection from having to constantly take on a blocker and make the play (as he would most likely have to do in a 4-3). Maualuga struggles to disengage as well. IMO, Laurinaitis is a more versatile player while Mauluga has the higher ceiling and potential to be a pro-bowl caliber player. I think Laurinaitis will be an above-average starter for the next 10 years but will likely not make the probowl more than a time or two. Think of a guy like Kirk Morrison or Barret Ruud. In the top 10 in terms of tackles but not flashy and not better (known) than guys like Ray Lewis and Brian Urlacher.

Northman
04-11-2009, 11:59 AM
I like pretty much everything except the #18 and #225 picks. Pretty solid though considering. Good job.

PRBronco
04-11-2009, 12:13 PM
I give this mock PRB's stamp of approval! I like it, steady, safe picks with low bust potential, I think we'll see something like this on draft day. Wouldn't mind a safety or two, but each pick addresses a position of need, we just have...quite a few needs :(

Broncoman13
04-11-2009, 12:25 PM
Seems like a lot of people aren't real high on Laurinaitis, especially at #18.

Here are some things that speak to his character:

The NFL likes his accountability even more. Laurinaitis wants to be on the spot as the captain, middle linebacker and defensive signal caller. If he ever points a finger, it's at himself. "I like being in charge," Laurinaitis "I like having the chance to make every play, being in on every tackle. When I was at Sam (strongside linebacker) in my freshman year, sometimes the ball goes the other and you're not in on every tackle. Being in the middle you're held more accountable. "I love being the guy who makes the checks and is relied on more by the coaches. It's kind of like being a second coach on the field. I'd rather be the guy making the calls. If it screws up at all, it's my fault instead of having to depend on someone else."

1= Exceptional, 5= Marginal
Character 1 Laurinaitis helps get teammates lined up, plays with a non-stop motor and steps up in big games (see 2007 BCS Championship game). He is the kind of player who can make a positive impact in the locker room as well as on the field.

Inside Linebacker specific Traits
Instincts/Recognition 1 Shows a strong grasp of blocking schemes and beats offensive linemen to the point of attack. Keeps head up and locates the ball quickly. Reads quarterbacks eyes when drops into zone coverage and does an above-average job of timing breaks on the ball for an inside linebacker.
Pursuit/Point of Attack 3 Relentless and gives a great effort in pursuit. Shows very good lateral mobility when scraping down the line of scrimmage, uses quick feet to avoid blockers while on the move and gets through traffic quickly. While relentless and shows sideline-to-sideline range, he doesn't always take sound pursuit angles and could have some problems preventing NFL back from turning the corner until improves in this area. Aggressive and quick enough to disrupt running plays in the backfield. Gets under blockers' pads and shows active hands. However, he is not good at the point of attack. He lacks a strong base and gets washed out too easily. Doesn't show a violent punch and frequently takes too long to shed the block when reached.
Tackling 3 Not a downhill striker. Lacks power as a hitter. More of a wrap-up/drag-down tackler. Does a good job of breaking down and wrapping up in space, though. He's a secure tackler but not a powerful one.
Pass Coverage 2 Gets adequate depth in drops and shows good burst coming out of backpedal. Covers a lot of ground in zone coverage. Does an adequate job of opening hips and is fast enough to run with most backs in man coverage. Shows good ball skills and can make plays in coverage. Footwork is a bit inconsistent and has some problems recovering when takes the rare false step. Has to work on reading routes and isn't as aggressive in coverage as is defending the run.
Pass Rusher 2 Rushes inside out at times making it easier for quarterbacks to break contain. Flashes the ability to slip blockers in the backfield but has yet to develop an arsenal of pass rush moves and struggles to get to the quarterback when initial momentum is stopped by the protection. Times the snap well, shows good closing speed and is relentless.

Positives: Prototype size and athleticism for the inside linebacker position. … Reads the action quickly and gets in position to make the play. … Instinctive and rarely out of position. … Uses his hands well to meet, greet and discard blockers. … Best attribute might be his open-field tackling. … Form tackler who can generate explosiveness with his hits. … Rare instincts and underrated athleticism for coverage. … Gets good depth on his drops and has good straight-line speed and lateral agility. … Baits the quarterback and can break on the ball. … Soft hands for the interception.

snowspot66
04-11-2009, 12:31 PM
The guy has a name fitting of a linebacker that's for sure. I'd love it if we got him. I just hope we can drop down a few spots to do it.

Broncojef
04-11-2009, 02:39 PM
Replace Lauranitis with Maualuga at 18 and I'm alot happier.

NFLBRONCO
04-11-2009, 03:15 PM
Replace Lauranitis with Larry English at 25 and I'm alot happier.

OrangeRising
04-11-2009, 03:22 PM
Did we get another number one pick or did you just forget Mark Sanchez?

Maybe we can sign him as a college free agent, huh?

Broncoman13
04-11-2009, 03:23 PM
Replace Lauranitis with Maualuga at 18 and I'm alot happier.

I really hope that Maualuga goes off the board before we pick. He's a two down player (can't cover) but has the ability to be a huge impact player on 1st and 2nd downs. He also has a greater than usual bust factor. Right now, I would take Brian Cushing to play ILB before Maualuga. I think he'll go right around 13-15 though. If Jackson is gone at #12, Cushing would be a great pick.

Larry English??? Seriously? He could only muster 8 sacks in the MAC and you would replace a three time major award winning LB from a Big 10 school with him? Seriously? Or are you just pulling my leg here? Jokes on me sort of thing!

Broncoman13
04-11-2009, 03:25 PM

Sanchez won't be available at #12... or were you trying to make a different point? Not sure what you're trying to communicate with the free agent thing? I assume you're familiar with the Patriots history in drafting QB's starting in round 3 but never earlier?

OrangeRising
04-11-2009, 03:30 PM
I guess humor is lost on such a serious thread. Good mock. Realistic, although I think Pat White will be a bust, unless he's moved to another position. Certainly a wonderful athlete.

Broncoman13
04-11-2009, 03:47 PM
I think McD is stubborn enough to try and make him "his" QB project. Think about it, a guy that nobody else really thinks is an NFL QB, but certainly has a ton of athletic ability and contrary to what many believe, he has a great arm and good accuracy. Worst case scenario, he moves to WR.

rovolution
04-11-2009, 04:32 PM
dissapointed you didnt select Ron Brace with our 2nd rounder. we have no viable NT on this roster

NFLBRONCO
04-11-2009, 04:39 PM
I'm not big on JL he is overrated imo. I like what I saw out of English. If Josh takes JL I'll hope he surprises me and is great choice for us that is most important thing my opinion is only that nothing more.

Why I don't like JL he can't shed blockers very well. He is invisable in big games arrives shortly after play is over hardly first one there. He kind of reminds me of a white less physical Al Wilson (One of my most overrated Broncos of all time).

Nice job overall on Mock though.

Broncoman13
04-11-2009, 05:18 PM
I'm not big on JL he is overrated imo. I like what I saw out of English. If Josh takes JL I'll hope he surprises me and is great choice for us that is most important thing my opinion is only that nothing more.

Why I don't like JL he can't shed blockers very well. He is invisable in big games arrives shortly after play is over hardly first one there. He kind of reminds me of a white less physical Al Wilson (One of my most overrated Broncos of all time).

Nice job overall on Mock though.

You think Al Wilson was overrated? Did I misunderstand that or is that what you're trying to say?

Laurinaitis vs Rey Maualuga:

Solo Tackles in '08

Laurinaitis-52
Maualuga- 52

Assisted Tackles (08)

Laurinaitis-78
Maualuga- 28

Total Tackles (08)

Laurinaitis- 130
Maualuga- 80

We can go back a year, breaks down pretty much the same way.

2007, 2006, and 2005 respectively (total tackles):

Laurinaitis- 121, 116, 9
Maualuga- 78, 78, 36

How about this one for career numbers:

4 Forced Fumbles and 9 Interceptions
2 Forced Fumbles and 5 Interceptions
again advantage Laurinaitis

2006 Bronko Nagurski Award (top defensive player).

2007 Butkus Award

2008 Lott Trophy (best all-around defensive player)

2008- All-America linebacker who had another stellar season Butkus Award winner Big Ten defensive player of the year Nagurski Award finalist Lombardi Award finalist Bednarik Award finalist Lott Trophy finalist Walter Camp player of the year finalist first team All-America (Walter Camp, FWAA, AFCA, Sporting News, AP, Rivals)

Laurinaitis is viewed by many as the safest pick of the 2009 draft.

ludo21
04-11-2009, 05:22 PM
I love the Wood, Scott, and Taylor picks later in the draft, that would be awesome!

I too would be way more comfortable with JL than Rey Rey. Too much bust potential I see with him.

Also why Pat White there? Why not take Andre Brown instead?

Broncoman13
04-11-2009, 05:24 PM
dissapointed you didnt select Ron Brace with our 2nd rounder. we have no viable NT on this roster

Somebody will reach on Brace, could be gone as early as the end of round 1. Either way, I don't think he'll make it to #48. Same for Delmas, Moore, Hood, Gilbert, Connor Barwin and Michael Johnson... any of which I would gladly take at #48 over Shady McCoy. Then we could likely get a guy like Andre Brown with our first 3rd. But again, I don't think any of those guys slip.

Also, Scott and Taylor provide at least options for the rotation at NT (along with Fields).

I'm also curious if Carlton Powell can play the 5 tech, if he can that drastically changes our draft plans. Too bad we won't know before the draft, but Powell certainly can play vs the run!

Broncoman13
04-11-2009, 05:29 PM
I love the Wood, Scott, and Taylor picks later in the draft, that would be awesome!

I too would be way more comfortable with JL than Rey Rey. Too much bust potential I see with him.

Funny you brought up Brown. I really like him as well. I think his best football is in front of him. Honestly though, he reminds me a little of Ryan Torain, so I'm not sure he's a great fit.

As for Pat White, one of my favorite players in this draft. I learned a lot last year with our picks that placed a higher weight on the character factor. Eddie Royal is the perfect example. A player that is willing to give it up and sell out for his teammates and not a glory hound or interested in self glorification goes a long way toward improving the entire team. Pat White is that guy. There are several reasons I compare him to Hines Ward and Rod Smith. One of them is certainly the character and willingness to do the small things (extra film study, practice time, vocal leader, and passes on any praise) to make the whole team better. Then you get into the whole size thing, the fact that all three run the exact 40 times, the fact that they were all college QBs, the fact that they were all overlooked or not expected to be impact players... I could go on and on. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if he was a mid 2nd round pick and I wouldn't be upset if that was at #48.

Broncoman13
04-11-2009, 05:31 PM

Would you take Brown over McCoy?

Of all the backs, I want Knowshon the most. I just don't see the need equalling a first round pick at this point. Now, if he were to slip a bit. Maybe you package up Tony Scheffler and #48 and send it to the Lions for #33 and grab Knowshon there?!?

ludo21
04-11-2009, 05:35 PM
I like Mccoy personally, so I have no problem with that pick.

I am a fan of Jennings the most though, so if we have to pick White at the 2nd and then Jennings in the third I would prefer that.

White does not seem like he will translate to WR like Rod or Hines did though, so im not sure if thats a great comparison other than heart wise. We will see I guess.

To me I wouldnt touch White til the the 4th but he wont last that long. If its a WR were after Id rather take Mike Thomas.

PRBronco
04-11-2009, 06:29 PM

I think people are going to be surprised with the way the linebackers end up being taken in the draft. A lot of people are going so crazy over combine numbers, I think (I hope) most of the league GMs can see past the post season hype.

NFLBRONCO
04-11-2009, 06:42 PM
You think Al Wilson was overrated? Did I misunderstand that or is that what you're trying to say?

Laurinaitis vs Rey Maualuga:

Solo Tackles in '08

Laurinaitis-52
Maualuga- 52

Assisted Tackles (08)

Laurinaitis-78
Maualuga- 28

Total Tackles (08)

Laurinaitis- 130
Maualuga- 80

We can go back a year, breaks down pretty much the same way.

2007, 2006, and 2005 respectively (total tackles):

Laurinaitis- 121, 116, 9
Maualuga- 78, 78, 36

How about this one for career numbers:

4 Forced Fumbles and 9 Interceptions
2 Forced Fumbles and 5 Interceptions
again advantage Laurinaitis

2006 Bronko Nagurski Award (top defensive player).

2007 Butkus Award

2008 Lott Trophy (best all-around defensive player)

2008- All-America linebacker who had another stellar season Butkus Award winner Big Ten defensive player of the year Nagurski Award finalist Lombardi Award finalist Bednarik Award finalist Lott Trophy finalist Walter Camp player of the year finalist first team All-America (Walter Camp, FWAA, AFCA, Sporting News, AP, Rivals)

Laurinaitis is viewed by many as the safest pick of the 2009 draft.

Fair enough thanks for breakdown I guess we agree to disagree on this. BTW I don't want Rey either really. If JL ends up being a Bronco I'll hope for the best and gladly admit I was wrong about his impact when I see it on the field.

I'm the only one in the world that wasn't a fan of AL Wilson never understood the hoopla but, that's just me.

Broncoman13
04-12-2009, 08:15 AM
You probably aren't the only one in the world, but it is safe to say that you and the other two are in the minority!!! ;D

I still have the sports section where Al Wilson took out a full page to thank the Broncos Organization, Denver Community, and Fans for his time in Denver. One of the classiest moves I've ever seen from a player and this was after they attempted to trade him and then played all kinds of games with him regarding his health/injuries. Talk about someone that understood it was a business and could separate the two.

I think a lot of people are down on Laurinaitis b/c he isn't that flashy. I see him as more of a Vrabel type linebacker. Solid 10 year starter that brings a ton of leadership to the locker room and field. He wants to be the man in charge out there and isn't afraid to point the finger at himself when a mistake is made. Likewise, when a play goes well he is quick to deflect credit to his teammates. In case nobody has notices, we haven't had a solid leader at the LB position since Al Wilson left and that is the time our D turned to S***! DJ Williams tried, but he is not the answer. He is just too soft spoken and isn't a natural leader. Spencer Larsen could develop into a leader, but I think it would take some time and obviously he has yet to earn a starting position. Laurinaitis has been doing it for years in the NFL Lite (That's what I consider schools like Ohio St, USC, Texas, Florida, etc) and it would quickly transition to the NFL.

I do agree with one thing. 18 is a little high for him. Ideally we could take him a bit later, but he'll surely go somewhere between 18 and 48.

Broncojef
04-12-2009, 03:12 PM
You probably aren't the only one in the world, but it is safe to say that you and the other two are in the minority!!! ;D

I still have the sports section where Al Wilson took out a full page to thank the Broncos Organization, Denver Community, and Fans for his time in Denver. One of the classiest moves I've ever seen from a player and this was after they attempted to trade him and then played all kinds of games with him regarding his health/injuries. Talk about someone that understood it was a business and could separate the two.

I think a lot of people are down on Laurinaitis b/c he isn't that flashy. I see him as more of a Vrabel type linebacker. Solid 10 year starter that brings a ton of leadership to the locker room and field. He wants to be the man in charge out there and isn't afraid to point the finger at himself when a mistake is made. Likewise, when a play goes well he is quick to deflect credit to his teammates. In case nobody has notices, we haven't had a solid leader at the LB position since Al Wilson left and that is the time our D turned to S***! DJ Williams tried, but he is not the answer. He is just too soft spoken and isn't a natural leader. Spencer Larsen could develop into a leader, but I think it would take some time and obviously he has yet to earn a starting position. Laurinaitis has been doing it for years in the NFL Lite (That's what I consider schools like Ohio St, USC, Texas, Florida, etc) and it would quickly transition to the NFL.

I do agree with one thing. 18 is a little high for him. Ideally we could take him a bit later, but he'll surely go somewhere between 18 and 48.

Couldn't agree more with your take. We still have never replaced Al in the middle and our defense has gone downhill every year since he left. I see Maualuga as the man we need at 18 but if Laurenaitis is coach McD's choice lets go get him and fix our defense once and for all. I hoping the draft goes like this..
12 - DT or DE
18 - Our MLB
48 - DT or RB
Under every scenario I like we'd get the MLB at 18.

DBBBSBS
04-12-2009, 10:50 PM
Couldn't agree more with your take. We still have never replaced Al in the middle and our defense has gone downhill every year since he left. I see Maualuga as the man we need at 18 but if Laurenaitis is coach McD's choice lets go get him and fix our defense once and for all. I hoping the draft goes like this..
12 - DT or DE
18 - Our MLB
48 - DT or RB
Under every scenario I like we'd get the MLB at 18.

i want 12 or 18 to be a trade down. if it is 12 it should be to detroit, philly or nyg. if that is the case i dont mind the james lau pick with one of those late 1st rounders

Broncojef
04-13-2009, 12:33 AM
i want 12 or 18 to be a trade down. if it is 12 it should be to detroit, philly or nyg. if that is the case i dont mind the james lau pick with one of those late 1st rounders

I don't know how many picks you really want? Do we really need to trade down? I realize value and all that but good grief we've got 10 picks now. At some point we need to pull the trigger and get some talent. Picking 30 times and having 3 people make the squad just doesn't interest me at all.

Broncoman13
04-13-2009, 04:14 AM
I don't know how many picks you really want? Do we really need to trade down? I realize value and all that but good grief we've got 10 picks now. At some point we need to pull the trigger and get some talent. Picking 30 times and having 3 people make the squad just doesn't interest me at all.

I agree! But, I also think that if you have the opportunity to trade down a bit and acquire a nice pick in next year's draft it continues to set you up going forward. And, it allows us to carry it forward again next year if we don't find something in the draft that McD and Co. feel will immediately improve our team.

Lets say for arguments sake the Eagles are willing to trade up to #12 b/c they like a guy like Andre Smith or Michael Oher much more than a guy like Beatty or Britton. We could get a couple of nice picks in return. #28 and a future 1st. Or 28 and their 2nd this year as well as a 2nd next year. Something like that would make sense and allow us to still carry this thing forward.

Elway777
04-13-2009, 06:01 AM
I agree! But, I also think that if you have the opportunity to trade down a bit and acquire a nice pick in next year's draft it continues to set you up going forward. And, it allows us to carry it forward again next year if we don't find something in the draft that McD and Co. feel will immediately improve our team.

Lets say for arguments sake the Eagles are willing to trade up to #12 b/c they like a guy like Andre Smith or Michael Oher much more than a guy like Beatty or Britton. We could get a couple of nice picks in return. #28 and a future 1st. Or 28 and their 2nd this year as well as a 2nd next year. Something like that would make sense and allow us to still carry this thing forward. Tyson Jackson is a good player and it looks like that could be the best defensive player at 12. I'm not sure that a player like Ziggy Hood would be that much of a dropoff at 28 then Jackson at the 12 position . So the 28 plus future first could be a nice trade for Broncos. The Broncos take Rey Rey or Jackson at 18 then at 28 Hood,Gilbert, Brace,Stintim, Mathews or Barwin

illbroncsfn
04-13-2009, 08:45 AM
I would love to be a fly on the wall at Dove Valley peeking at Mike Nolan's evaluation of the current crop of LB'ers....

Funny thing is that last year at this point many of us would have loved to have had either Laurinaitis or Rey Rey lugey lugey at #12.....

gunns
04-13-2009, 09:39 AM

Hopefully they do forget Sanchez. #235-Louie Sakoda K

Elway777
04-13-2009, 09:52 AM
I would love to be a fly on the wall at Dove Valley peeking at Mike Nolan's evaluation of the current crop of LB'ers....

Funny thing is that last year at this point many of us would have loved to have had either Laurinaitis or Rey Rey lugey lugey at #12..... A year a go both Rey Rey and Wells where top 5 picks and Raji and Curry where not first round picks.It is possible that the Broncos could draft both 12 Rey Rey 18 Wells.

orinjkrush
04-13-2009, 10:03 AM
I just hope McD and company play this first draft of theirs conservatively and don't go trying to trade around the board. the youngsters might get snookered early and often.

oubronco
04-13-2009, 10:46 AM

I totally agree I would rather stay put and take the best defensive player avaliable

Paladin
04-13-2009, 12:09 PM
Do you honestly think that whomever the Broncos take, members of this board would agree that he/she/it was the "best" D player available?

Just asking.....

oubronco
04-13-2009, 12:35 PM
are you crazy they would bitch if we drafted Elways clone!! of course they will always disagree with everything thats what makes this board interesting but whomever they take had better be a playmaker for sure