PDA

View Full Version : Marshall should be safe

broncofan2438
04-10-2009, 01:17 PM
Just saw on NFL Live on ESPN. Clayton says that Marshall shouldn't be suspended and should be safe.

Natedogg
04-10-2009, 01:18 PM
sweet.

Cosmo
04-10-2009, 01:19 PM
Good.

Glad to hear that the Commish is being semi reasonable about dropped charges. Doesn't mean Marshall is a saint, but TO ME, suspensions for non-guilty offenses is retarded.

Plus....we need him.

Florida_Bronco
04-10-2009, 01:22 PM
Not to say I told ya so.....

MVP-06
04-10-2009, 01:23 PM
not sure how he keeps getting away with these things

telluride
04-10-2009, 01:26 PM
Excellent. The karma worm has turned! All positive ju-ju from this moment on....

BroncoMan4ever
04-10-2009, 01:32 PM
not sure how he keeps getting away with these things

getting away with what? he was held for like 10 hours, and the judge basically laughed the entire matter out of the court and let him go with nothing.

he didn't do anything wrong, and has kept his nose clean for over a year now

DomCasual
04-10-2009, 01:34 PM
Now that Cutler isn't around to be a bad influence on him, I think his future is golden. :)

OBF1
04-10-2009, 01:37 PM
:thumbs:

Pony Boy
04-10-2009, 01:37 PM
Well, it good to know that "commissioner Clayton", has made that decision, I feel better.

24champ
04-10-2009, 01:39 PM
Not to say I told ya so.....

Where is sassy?Ha!

Hogan11
04-10-2009, 01:44 PM
Where is sassy?Ha!

No internet access due to the flood threat. She'll be thrilled with your concern though I'm sure.

As for Marshall, yes it sounds like good news, but until it's official (because you know Clayton wasn't the Commish last time I looked) it's just his supposition and nothing to really get excited over. Lemme hear it from Goodell, then I'll breathe the sigh of relief.

SouthStndJunkie
04-10-2009, 01:46 PM
I am not going to get excited until it becomes official.

Clayton is 50/50 on his predictions these days.

Gcver2ver3
04-10-2009, 01:48 PM
i need an official statement released before believing this...many of you seem to just assume it's a done deal...not sure why...

anyway, if it is true, this would be HUGE news for us...

Flex Gunmetal
04-10-2009, 01:53 PM
If he gets any suspension I will be completely shocked.

crowebomber
04-10-2009, 01:56 PM
Well, it good to know that "commissioner Clayton", has made that decision, I feel better.

No kidding. Clayton is just guessing like the rest of us based on Lynch's suspension.

NFLBRONCO
04-10-2009, 01:59 PM
Unless BM grows up are we ever SAFE from possible suspensions.

Beantown Bronco
04-10-2009, 02:00 PM
i need an official statement released before believing this...many of you seem to just assume it's a done deal...not sure why....

Hey, now....didn't you know:

The deal is DONE!

Popps
04-10-2009, 02:14 PM
Where is sassy?Ha!

Sassy has nothing to apologize for. She just holds our players to the same standards she'd hold any friend or family member to, and that's to be a civil human being. Stay out of the back of cop cars, quit driving drunk, don't beat women, etc.

You think Sassy is going to change her mind on morals because Marshall might have gotten away with one, here? Typical internet board logic.

Popps
04-10-2009, 02:17 PM
As for Marshall, the ****-up needs to put an end to this. I don't care what it takes. The guy has the world in his hands.

Maybe a regime change can mark some sort of turning point for him. He talks a good game. Time to prove it.

MileHighMagic
04-10-2009, 02:26 PM
I wonder if Clayton sends Sean Salisbury a Christmas card.

Anaximines
04-10-2009, 02:31 PM
one of the few things this offseason that we can all agree is good. Then again, it's just the negation of a former negative anyway.

Northman
04-10-2009, 02:32 PM
Excellent. The karma worm has turned! All positive ju-ju from this moment on....

Good Ju-Ju is definitely needed.

24champ
04-10-2009, 02:35 PM
Sassy has nothing to apologize for.

No one is asking for an apology...just pointing out that she was wrong in her observation about this case.

At the time she didn't know the situation and didn't care whether Marshall was innocent or not. In her mind Brandon was already a criminal and was going to get suspended.

Now we know the situation and the Judge threw the case out immediately and with that...Marshall probably is not going to get suspended.

Rabb
04-10-2009, 02:50 PM

samsies

Gcver2ver3
04-10-2009, 02:56 PM
Hey, now....didn't you know:

The deal is DONE!

oh that's right...

my bad...

Rock Chalk
04-10-2009, 03:01 PM
Popps would hate me.

Ive made a few mistakes in my life.

I wish I could be saintly like him.

Northman
04-10-2009, 03:05 PM

I wish Clayton would send me the lovely in your avatar. :~ohyah!:

Paladin
04-10-2009, 04:24 PM

You expect the Commissioner to announce a non-event?

Popcorn Sutton
04-10-2009, 04:32 PM
Popps would hate me.

Ive made a few mistakes in my life.

I wish I could be saintly like him.

You mean you've found yourself in the back of a police car 8 times in 2 years?

Come on now... stop trying to act like Marshall is just another person who's made a FEW mistakes.

broncosteven
04-10-2009, 05:54 PM
I still think we should trade his ass. He is one bad decision away from a 4 or more game suspension.

baja
04-10-2009, 06:16 PM

Excuse me did you notice the girl in your avatar has no panties on.

Dark Helmet
04-10-2009, 06:46 PM
getting away with what? he was held for like 10 hours, and the judge basically laughed the entire matter out of the court and let him go with nothing.

he didn't do anything wrong, and has kept his nose clean for over a year now

That, or someone was paid off. Something definitely happened and anyone who has seen his list of run ins with the cops cannot dispute that he was out of line again. I'm hoping for one more productive season without issues then a trade.

I think this is the last year of his contract. I think they should re-sign him with plenty of stay out of trouble stipulations.

BabyTO
04-10-2009, 07:45 PM
NICE! !Booya!

Sassy
04-11-2009, 09:01 AM
Sassy has nothing to apologize for. She just holds our players to the same standards she'd hold any friend or family member to, and that's to be a civil human being. Stay out of the back of cop cars, quit driving drunk, don't beat women, etc.

You think Sassy is going to change her mind on morals because Marshall might have gotten away with one, here? Typical internet board logic.

:sunshine: Common sense is not an internet message board trait.

Sassy
04-11-2009, 09:04 AM
No one is asking for an apology...just pointing out that she was wrong in her observation about this case.

At the time she didn't know the situation and didn't care whether Marshall was innocent or not. In her mind Brandon was already a criminal and was going to get suspended.

Now we know the situation and the Judge threw the case out immediately and with that...Marshall probably is not going to get suspended.

Nice. How you put words in my mouth.
I don't hate Brandon as many of you think I do.
I just want him to stay out of trouble.
A lot of you ASSUME that I hate him and that I ASSUMED he was guilty. All I've ever said was I don't like his behavior...whether he's in trouble for it or not.

I'm sure you don't know the entire situation as I don't either...but I just wish he'd stay out of police cars...GUILTY OR NOT!

gyldenlove
04-11-2009, 09:26 AM
I don't hate Brandon as many of you think I do.
I just want him to stay out of trouble.
A lot of you ASSUME that I hate him and that I ASSUMED he was guilty. All I've ever said was I don't like his behavior...whether he's in trouble for it or not.

I'm sure you don't know the entire situation as I don't either...but I just wish he'd stay out of police cars...GUILTY OR NOT!

I agree, I have ended up in the back of a cop car once, no charges were made and I took the bus home. I am a few years older than Brandon so it is not like I haven't had time to get in cop cars.

You can always end up getting arrested, I am sure that has happened to many of us, but I am also sure that most of us have never been arrested more than a handful of times within a 24 months period of time.

I don't think Brandon Marshall is a bad guy, but I do think he is a guy who has made some questionable decisions and who needs someone to help him avoid situations where he can get himself in trouble. The other players seem to be fond of him, he is certainly a playmaker on the field, he seems like a happy and nice guy on tv and I think that if he gets his life sorted out and gets in a good stable situation he won't get in trouble again, I just hope for his sake that it happens soon.

Tombstone RJ
04-11-2009, 09:27 AM
Just saw on NFL Live on ESPN. Clayton says that Marshall shouldn't be suspended and should be safe.

Absolutely best news since the signing of Dawkins...:strong:

24champ
04-11-2009, 05:43 PM

Hmmmph...

I don't care WHAT the situation is. He was still arrested and that means he is pretty much in trouble with the league...whether it's his fault or not.

I'm sure you don't know the entire situation as I don't either...

I waited for the information to come in before I rushed to any judgement about Marshall...unlike you who rushed to quick judgement and automatically assumed he was getting suspended.

Rohirrim
04-11-2009, 05:49 PM
I really hope Brandon has learned from this close call. Time to take charge of your life and become a HOFer, Brandon. You can do it.

Sassy
04-11-2009, 05:51 PM
Hmmmph...

I waited for the information to come in before I rushed to any judgement about Marshall...unlike you who rushed to quick judgement and automatically assumed he was getting suspended.

It's not over yet. I'll wait for the Commish.

DenverBrit
04-24-2009, 12:06 PM
It's now a day before the draft and still no news about Marshall from the NFL.

Surely this has to be good news, or could Goodall still suspend Marshall AFTER the draft?

Doesn't seem likely.

Gcver2ver3
04-24-2009, 12:08 PM

Surely this has to be good news, or could Goodall still suspend Marshall AFTER the draft?

Doesn't seem likely.

he could still be suspended i suppose...but i don't see it being more than 2 or 3 games...

Slade
04-24-2009, 01:13 PM
Marshall is a ticking time bomb! If we could get him for Edwards or for Boldin then do it!

Broncoman13
04-24-2009, 01:43 PM
It's not over yet. I'll wait for the Commish.

That sounds almost like you want him to be suspended so you can say, "I told you so."

LongDongJohnson
04-24-2009, 01:52 PM
Marshall is a ticking time bomb! If we could get him for Edwards or for Boldin then do it!

no

Slade
04-24-2009, 01:55 PM
no

I guess not having Marshall for half a season is the better option. It is not "if" this happens, but "when".

worm
04-24-2009, 01:58 PM

Doesn't seem likely.

It would be pretty unfair to do suspend now.

It is a decision that might impact our draft. The commish has sat on this long enough. Rule already!

DenverBrit
04-24-2009, 03:51 PM
It would be pretty unfair to do suspend now.

It is a decision that might impact our draft. The commish has sat on this long enough. Rule already!

Exactly!

That's why no news is good news. ;D