PDA

View Full Version : Why I still have Faith in Tim Crowder!

rugbythug
04-10-2009, 01:29 PM
1. He was a 4 year starter in a Major School-also won a National Championship
2. Measured Well and had solid contributions as a College Player.
3. Had 4 sacks as a Rookie on a Better-But still Bad Defense in 2007
4. Played Behind John Engleberger who was a Slowick Favorite.
5. Did not play on the 2008 Defense-Which was horrible.
6. Peyton Hillis our best and most productive back last year, required 5 players in front of him to go down with injury before he got to play.
7. Wesley Woodard and Spencer Larsen sat the final 2 games. Even though they out played those players on the depth chart in front of them.

I have seen many posters throwing Tim Crowder out as a bad pick. IMO I doubt the skills of last years DC to.

A. Recognize Talent
B. Develop Talent

For these reasons I fully expect Tim Crowder to become a solid contributor to next years Defense.

UberBroncoMan
04-10-2009, 01:32 PM
Jarvis Moss won a National Championship too :D!

Dr. Broncenstein
04-10-2009, 01:32 PM
Could not make the active roster on the league's worst defense.

outdoor_miner
04-10-2009, 01:36 PM
7. Wesley Woodard and Spencer Larsen sat the final 2 games. Even though they out played those players on the depth chart in front of them.

This still pisses me off to no end... It makes my blood boil just thinking about it.

Gcver2ver3
04-10-2009, 01:37 PM

check and mate...

cmhargrove
04-10-2009, 01:45 PM
Jarvis Moss won a National Championship too :D!

And Kenny Peterson... As a DE, no less...

2KBack
04-10-2009, 01:45 PM
I think a lot of the young players need to be re-evaluated after the confusing way players were shuffled around last season. I don't trust at all that the defensive coaches knew who to play and when.

DBBBSBS
04-10-2009, 01:47 PM
I think a lot of the young players need to be re-evaluated after the confusing way players were shuffled around last season. I don't trust at all that the defensive coaches knew who to play and when.

And these were the coaches many of the broncos faithful wanted to retain.. and pissed and moaned when they were let go

rugbythug
04-10-2009, 02:06 PM

I know. That is a positive. VS starting on the Leagues worst defense

24champ
04-10-2009, 02:16 PM
Crowder has some physical problems, he was hurting from some back pain last season. I don't know if it's chronic or not, but could be a lingering problem.

Florida_Bronco
04-10-2009, 02:21 PM
I think Crowder, Moss and Thomas have all suffered from absolutely abysmal coaching since they joined the Broncos. I'm sure the new staff will have them up to speed soon.

Beantown Bronco
04-10-2009, 02:26 PM
And these were the coaches many of the broncos faithful wanted to retain.. and pissed and moaned when they were let go

Seriously?

I don't think anyone was upset about letting Slowik go, or letting the DLine coach go in particular. Not sure about any of the others.

Regardless, as I've pointed out a few times this week, 7 of the starters from last year's defense are sitting at home right now unemployed. Nobody will even sign them as depth. That is telling. The disasters that were 2007 and 2008 were not all on the coaches.

Rock Chalk
04-10-2009, 04:05 PM
Seriously?

I don't think anyone was upset about letting Slowik go, or letting the DLine coach go in particular. Not sure about any of the others.

Regardless, as I've pointed out a few times this week, 7 of the starters from last year's defense are sitting at home right now unemployed. Nobody will even sign them as depth. That is telling. The disasters that were 2007 and 2008 were not all on the coaches.

Not all, but the disaster up front is almost squarely on the coaches.

You cannot tell me that out of 30+ defensive linemen over the last 5 years that we haven't hit on at LEAST 1 superstar and 3 or 4 solid players.

Yet we havent seen any of that.

Coaching sucks balls.

Moss and Crowder will have better coaching this year and quite frankly, should probably be given the benefit of the doubt, at lesat for one more year.

JMO.

Broncojef
04-10-2009, 04:21 PM
Not all, but the disaster up front is almost squarely on the coaches.

You cannot tell me that out of 30+ defensive linemen over the last 5 years that we haven't hit on at LEAST 1 superstar and 3 or 4 solid players.

Yet we havent seen any of that.

Coaching sucks balls.

Moss and Crowder will have better coaching this year and quite frankly, should probably be given the benefit of the doubt, at lesat for one more year.

JMO.

Completely agree, our defense got better with the subtraction of this supposed coaching. Who knows what gems we may still have on the roster that may well be productive when gameplanned and coached correctly.

Traveler
04-10-2009, 06:16 PM
I think Crowder, Moss and Thomas have all suffered from absolutely abysmal coaching since they joined the Broncos. I'm sure the new staff will have them up to speed soon.

QFT!:notworthy

lazarus4444
04-10-2009, 06:17 PM

check & mate, lol...

backup qb
04-10-2009, 07:21 PM
Could it be that you realized you still have faith in Crowder because it's friday night and you're drunk? Just asking.

Rock Chalk
04-10-2009, 07:53 PM
Well Im drunk but I had faith in him before I got drunk. Only because coaching has improved.

****ing a!`

baja
04-10-2009, 08:58 PM
Seriously?

Telling it is! Yet people are listing the firing of Shanny as the biggest NFL FO screw up in a decade.

BroncoBuff
04-10-2009, 09:10 PM
I suppose he might excel now in a 3-4 specific position ... it's possible.

But I think the Tim Crowder train is about 90% of the way down the tracks toward "Bust-Town."

He was a healthy deactivate ten times this year :oyvey:

Archer81
04-10-2009, 09:26 PM
We'll see what Crowder and Moss do. If they want to start, this is the time to do it. New coach with no opinion of them either way, they get to earn their spot. Should be a competitive camp. Crowder has the size to be a 3/4 end, and Moss has the athleticism to move to OLB.

:Broncos:

Rock Chalk
04-10-2009, 09:30 PM
What people should be asking is this:

Why, if Tim Crowder was deactivated for 10 games last season fully healthy, was he not cut in lieu of many of the other cuts on the defensive side of the ball?

Florida_Bronco
04-10-2009, 09:33 PM
I suppose he might excel now in a 3-4 specific position ... it's possible.

But I think the Tim Crowder train is about 90% of the way down the tracks toward "Bust-Town."

He was a healthy deactivate ten times this year :oyvey:

Again Buff, look at the coaches we had. They hardly did any coaching! All they did was yell at the defensive linemen.

In my opinion, Crowder, Moss and Thomas should all be given clean slates.

DBBBSBS
04-10-2009, 10:06 PM
Seriously?

Seriously ?

And who picked these players and coaches ? who brought in all those browncos and drug addicts ?

that is the reason that guy is also sitting out for now

baja
04-10-2009, 10:07 PM
What people should be asking is this:

Why, if Tim Crowder was deactivated for 10 games last season fully healthy, was he not cut in lieu of many of the other cuts on the defensive side of the ball?

Good call.

baja
04-10-2009, 10:09 PM
Again Buff, look at the coaches we had. They hardly did any coaching! All they did was yell at the defensive linemen.

In my opinion, Crowder, Moss and Thomas should all be given clean slates.

We know 7 defensive starters from last season are sitting at home out of work Does anybody know how many of the fired coaches got work?

Popps
04-10-2009, 11:37 PM
7. Wesley Woodard and Spencer Larsen sat the final 2 games. Even though they out played those players on the depth chart in front of them..

What, you mean you didn't appreciate seeing DJ Williams jogging around in the SD game like he was on a Sunday stoll.. or getting his ass pancaked by a wide receiver?

ZONA
04-11-2009, 12:18 AM
Crowder might be able to turn things around with new coaches. I think every player has to be evaluated again since we are starting over.

Dudeskey
04-11-2009, 12:24 AM

Yeah, I'm hoping McD & Nolan have been holed up in the film room for this reason. Of course they'll be able to work them out this month too, get a firsthand idea on what he has.

SureShot
04-11-2009, 12:42 AM
I forgot can he do a backflip? Either way I haven't given up on Crowder eventhough he went to UT.

Dr. Broncenstein
04-11-2009, 06:27 AM
What, you mean you didn't appreciate seeing DJ Williams jogging around in the SD game like he was on a Sunday stoll.. or getting his ass pancaked by a wide receiver?

But DJ is a pro bowler when he's healthy and playing the only position he's good at... and Woodyard is small.