PDA

View Full Version : Dortohs look back at the 2006 Bronco draft class

Hotrod
04-09-2009, 03:13 PM
Some of the "experts" claim it was a great sucess. Well lets take a closer look shall we.

1 11(11) Jay Cutler QB Vanderbilt - lets see first off we have a gutless drunk qb with lack of leadership skills

2 29(61) Tony Scheffler TE W Michigan - oh nice a 2nd round china doll

4 22(119) Brandon Marshall WR UCF - A greatly talented head case who beats women and will be suspended for good portion of season then want a payday.

4 29(126) Elvis Dumervil OLB Louisville - Ah a super sack master who has suddenly become afraid of getting too close to the QB's

4 33(130) Domenik Hixon WR Akron - excellent late pickup......for the giants.

5 28(161) Chris Kuper OG North Dakota - I have actually spoken to his dad good kid

6 29(198) Greg Eslinger C Minnesota - who

D-

Great draft class I just wanted to see what it was like to be a debbie downer like many a Bronco fan these days

TheDave
04-09-2009, 03:21 PM
You think this place is a downer now?

Waite until mid way through the season... ;D

Borks147
04-09-2009, 03:25 PM

by then the fairweathers will be gone and only guys with orange bottle glass glasses will be left

TheDave
04-09-2009, 03:27 PM
by then the fairweathers will be gone and only guys with orange bottle glass glasses will be left

Trust me those orange colored glasses get knocked off every year... I have a feeling this season is going to be a test for ALL bronco fans.

Hotrod
04-09-2009, 03:27 PM
I think we just need more tequila around here

Orange_Beard
04-09-2009, 03:30 PM

Waite until mid way through the pre season... ;D

Fixed it for you

TheDave
04-09-2009, 03:32 PM
Fixed it for you

My bad...

The Joker
04-09-2009, 03:39 PM
Dumervil was a great pick in the 4th.

He just needs to be used properly. As in in the nickel and dime formations, move him around and get him paired up on the RT to utilise his burst of the LOS.

He's just not a starter, and Shanahan/Slowik's insistence of leaving him in there to be worn down on 1st down really took away from his game last year. There was the injury too, but for a guy who relies almost entirely on his immense burst it was a crime how dreadfully utilised he was last year.

Don't see him as a good OLB tbh, but he'll still be very important to us next year.

Hotrod
04-09-2009, 03:43 PM
Dumervil was a great pick in the 4th.

He just needs to be used properly. As in in the nickel and dime formations, move him around and get him paired up on the RT to utilise his burst of the LOS.

He's just not a starter, and Shanahan/Slowik's insistence of leaving him in there to be worn down on 1st down really took away from his game last year. There was the injury too, but for a guy who relies almost entirely on his immense burst it was a crime how dreadfully utilised he was last year.

Don't see him as a good OLB tbh, but he'll still be very important to us next year.

Agree 100%

I think it probably was done (his over use) due to the fact we had/have horrible depth let alone talent at the DE position.

I mean seriously Engleburger was starting.

I need a shot

Pony Boy
04-09-2009, 03:44 PM

Might be the drink of choice if we draft Sanchez, Oh lay, Oh Lay!

loborugger
04-09-2009, 03:49 PM

Or beer...
Or bourbon....
Or rum...
or vodka...
or scotch...

TheReverend
04-09-2009, 04:12 PM
I got nothing to say, I just wanna be in this thread!

Crushaholic
04-09-2009, 04:46 PM
Hmmm...and this was supposed to be one of Shanahan's BETTER draft classes...:spit:

tsiguy96
04-09-2009, 04:49 PM
cutler got us 2 first rounds,a 3rd and kyle orton. scheffler is still sick in the seam, i have a feeling he always will be. marshall will probably not get suspended if lynch is gonna get 3 games, nor should he be. kuper allowed 0 sacks last year. dumerville should be used like john abraham and his sacks will go way up, awesome 4th round pick.

SureShot
04-09-2009, 05:04 PM
Dortoh is low on neg rep. Here let me help you out. :)

TheChamp24
04-09-2009, 05:16 PM
Is this not the greatest thread you have ever read?
I applaud you Hotrod.

Eldorado
04-09-2009, 05:44 PM
****ing puke.

Oh wait, what thread am I in?

Christ, I'm so confused.

OBF1
04-09-2009, 06:44 PM
So when is the 2006 draft going to take place??? I do not want to miss it.

Lev Vyvanse
04-09-2009, 06:45 PM
Some of the "experts" claim it was a great sucess. Well lets take a closer look shall we.
Say what?

1 11(11) Jay Cutler QB Vanderbilt - lets see first off we have a gutless drunk qb with lack of leadership skills
9024 yards 54 TDs, two first roud picks, and a third.

107 rec. 1480 yards and a groin problem that can only be described as feeble. Although, I suspect the culprit has left town.

4 22(119) Brandon Marshall WR UCF - A greatly talented head case who beats women and will be suspended for good portion of season then want a payday.
226 Rec. 2899 Yards and tell the truth, things were getting boring without Clarence Kay.

4 29(126) Elvis Dumervil OLB Louisville - Ah a super sack master who has suddenly become afraid of getting too close to the QB's

26 sacks almost 9 sacks a year what exactly do you want from a 4th round pick?

OMG WTF

5 28(161) Chris Kuper OG North Dakota - I have actually spoken to his dad good kid
:thumbsup:

Could have been a contender.

D-

Great draft class I just wanted to see what it was like to be a debbie downer like many a Bronco fan these days

If this is a D- I'm afraid you're not giving yourself the wiggle room required for feedback on letís say ummm the 2003 draft.

no-pseudo-fan
04-09-2009, 06:53 PM
2 Pro Bowlers, a solid starter, a very good pass catching TE, and a situational pass rusher. If we can get a b-, in your mind, this year, I would be very happy.

BroncoBuff
04-09-2009, 08:01 PM

Yeah, looks like it's gonna be rough. As long as we finish ahead of KC and Oakland.

That '06 draft was an A or A+, no arguing there. Three full years later, and all seven are still in the league, SIX are starters. Amazing.

Lev Vyvanse
04-09-2009, 10:13 PM
Yeah, looks like it's gonna be rough. As long as we finish ahead of KC and Oakland.

That '06 draft was an A or A+, no arguing there. Three full years later, and all seven are still in the league, SIX are starters. Amazing.

Tony Scheffler is not a starter.

DHallblows
04-09-2009, 10:37 PM

ldgsfbadbauigtrfadnfoHEGETSINJURED!!!!!!11!!!1!!!! !!111!!iughsiupdfnhghg

He's still a starter

DBroncos4life
04-09-2009, 10:43 PM
Trust me those orange colored glasses get knocked off every year... I have a feeling this season is going to be a test for ALL bronco fans.

Any fan that thinks the team will get better with a less talented QB should have his glasses knocked off.

TheDave
04-09-2009, 11:23 PM
Any fan that thinks the team will get better with a less talented QB should have his glasses knocked off.

Completely agree... but right now, a lot of folks around here are going through the mental gymnastics required to convince themselves that Orton is somehow a better QB than Cutler. It's going to take a while for that delusion to wear off. ;D

Lev Vyvanse
04-09-2009, 11:25 PM
ldgsfbadbauigtrfadnfoHEGETSINJURED!!!!!!11!!!1!!!! !!111!!iughsiupdfnhghg

He's still a starter

ashdakskajkaskjasdjkdhallblowsisretardedchjxhczhzx kj!!!LEET!!

He can't block.

Daniel Graham.

DHallblows
04-09-2009, 11:26 PM
ashdakskajkaskjasdjkdhallblowsisretardedchjxhczhzx kj!!!LEET!!

He can't block.

Daniel Graham.

He can't catch.

Tony Scheffler.

Lev Vyvanse
04-09-2009, 11:31 PM
Tony Scheffler.

Is not the starter.

Hotrod
04-10-2009, 07:35 AM
Say what?

9024 yards 54 TDs, two first roud picks, and a third.

107 rec. 1480 yards and a groin problem that can only be described as feeble. Although, I suspect the culprit has left town.

226 Rec. 2899 Yards and tell the truth, things were getting boring without Clarence Kay.

26 sacks almost 9 sacks a year what exactly do you want from a 4th round pick?

OMG WTF

:thumbsup:

Could have been a contender.

If this is a D- I'm afraid you're not giving yourself the wiggle room required for feedback on letís say ummm the 2003 draft.

http://www.kingdomcavaliers.com/Oh_RLY.gif

BroncoBuff
04-10-2009, 06:07 PM

I dunno why you argue about that, it's so easy to look up. Scheffler has started about half the games the past two year ... look it up. That number might drop now though, as McDaniels probably won't start two TEs the way Shanahan so often did.

But your one (dubious) exception to my point - that 6 of the 7 2006 draftees are NFL starters three years later - only burnishes my point that the 2006 draft class was indeed a great one. TWO have gone to the Pro Bowl, FOUR have received votes for All-Pro teams, ONE was highly instrumental in a Super Bowl winning playoff drive, and Chris Kuper is gonna make the Pro Bowl someday I think. Eslinger is the only odd-man out, and he was the 7th rounder, fresh off winning the Rimington Award.

I dunno what you gotta do with 7 picks to be clled a "great class," but this one absolutely qualifies.

BroncoBuff
04-10-2009, 06:15 PM
I just looked it up ... Scheffler has started 14 of 29 games the last two years, almost EXACTLY what I said.

But Domenik Hixon, he's started just a handful of games for the Giants ... prolly just when Plaxico was out. With Plaxico waived now, Hixon IS the starter based on depth chart, but that's really just a technicality. Personally, I feel certain the Giants will bring somebody in for that spot.

But what Hixon did for them on that playoff run ... now that was "great."

watermock
04-10-2009, 06:19 PM

D-

1. Foprced his way out of town when his coach and OC were fired afted he was attepted to be traded for a lfefetime backup.

2. You didn't even mention Royal.

3. Scheff, friend of cutler, likely gone soon

4. POrobowl like Cutler

4. Completely undersized for the 3/;4.

5. Keeper.

6. Thrown away.

7. RB turned RB, almost cut, till he dominated before tearing his hammy.