PDA

View Full Version : If you are Broncos GM.. Which pick(s) will you trade and with whom ?

DBBBSBS
04-09-2009, 12:56 PM
We have 10 picks but i dont see 12 or 18 as a place where we can get an awesome player. So i see the need to trade back these picks and trade up somewhere later in the draft.

If you are trading down or trading up in this draft.. Whom will you trade with and which picks and what picks are you planning to get in return ?

Paladin
04-09-2009, 12:57 PM
None.

DBBBSBS
04-09-2009, 01:02 PM
None.

Fair enough... But i am sure there are others who would be looking to go up or down. This is just not for round 1.. any rounds. Also reason as to why, who is the target player that you are looking at

Beantown Bronco
04-09-2009, 01:03 PM
McDaniels - "no pick is untradeable"

SonOfLe-loLang
04-09-2009, 01:03 PM
Im pretty comfortable where we are.

DBBBSBS
04-09-2009, 01:05 PM
McDaniels - "no pick is untradeable"

not in mcdaniels view, i am asking your view and if you were the gm.

baja
04-09-2009, 01:05 PM
Just be good at thinking on your feet and maximize talent in at positions of need.

BroncoInferno
04-09-2009, 01:06 PM
I'm keeping an eye out on the Peppers situation. I wouldn't have expected us to make a play for him before, but working with 5 of top 84 picks, it wouldn't surprise me if we considered shipping a 2nd rounder for him.

broncofan2438
04-09-2009, 01:08 PM
I'm keeping an eye out on the Peppers situation. I wouldn't have expected us to make a play for him before, but working with 5 of top 84 picks, it wouldn't surprise me if we considered shipping a 2nd rounder for him.

Was thinking the same thing.....hopefully it happens

24champ
04-09-2009, 01:08 PM

Bowlen won't pay for his contract.

SonOfLe-loLang
04-09-2009, 01:09 PM
If they want to unload Pep for our 2nd, and we can afford it, i think that would be worthwhile

DBBBSBS
04-09-2009, 01:14 PM
he has what another 3-4 yrs left ? why not truly build in draft when we are rebuilding

BroncoInferno
04-09-2009, 01:15 PM
Bowlen won't pay for his contract.

On what do you base this? Bowlen has never been stingy with the pocket book.

orinjkrush
04-09-2009, 01:15 PM
just chant....DL...LB...RB....DL....LB....RB

and no firking QB....

BroncoInferno
04-09-2009, 01:17 PM
he has what another 3-4 yrs left ? why not truly build in draft when we are rebuilding

My guess is McDaniels plans on winning sooner than some of the doom and gloomers. Adding Peppers would certainly accelerate the improvement of the defense.

no-pseudo-fan
04-09-2009, 01:17 PM
We have 10 picks but i dont see 12 or 18 as a place where we can get an awesome player. So i see the need to trade back these picks and trade up somewhere later in the draft.

If you are trading down or trading up in this draft.. Whom will you trade with and which picks and what picks are you planning to get in return ?

I do not trade up. I wait, and possibly trade down is a player falls. Mid first is where all the value is, so we are in prime position.

OABB
04-09-2009, 01:18 PM
I would trade back on all my picks and prime up for next year when the draft doesn't suck.

Beantown Bronco
04-09-2009, 01:20 PM

uh, oh

here we go again

BroncoInferno
04-09-2009, 01:25 PM
uh, oh

here we go again

He hasn't been. Yes, some offseasons we spent left than others, but that was more a function of salary cap constraints rather than plain old cheapness. It is well known and accepted that Bowlen gave Shanny an open checkbook to use how he saw best. Some seasons the salary cap limited what we could do, others seasons (2007 for instance) we spent a great deal.

cousinal11
04-09-2009, 01:28 PM
Trade em' all for a QB.

24champ
04-09-2009, 01:33 PM

The Panthers have some level of interest and are not opposed to including defensive end Julius Peppers in trade discussions. However, even though the Broncos have a need for a player of Peppers' caliber, they are reluctant because signing Peppers to a new contract, a necessity to complete a trade with Carolina, is cost-prohibitive for the team.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4034863

Beantown Bronco
04-09-2009, 01:36 PM
It is well known and accepted that Bowlen gave Shanny an open checkbook to use how he saw best.

He earned that rep early on and has been living off it for awhile now, even though by and large it stopped being true years ago.

Pony Boy
04-09-2009, 01:37 PM
"Stockpile the draft Picks" That's the Patriots way. He wont trade up but he might trade down to get even more picks.

Now, I'm not saying I agree with this, so don't get your panties in a wad and yell at me.

DBBBSBS
04-09-2009, 01:39 PM
If they want to unload Pep for our 2nd, and we can afford it, i think that would be worthwhile

if carolina was looking to trade pepp to broncos.. it would have been for cutler. no way they trade now and no way broncos take him now.

BroncoInferno
04-09-2009, 01:46 PM
He earned that rep early on and has been living off it for awhile now, even though by and large it stopped being true years ago.

2007 was not a long time ago. We spent a ton of money that offseason. Also, we were consistently snuggled up to close to the cap limit most of the time the last decade or so. In those seasons, it was the cap that restricted spending, not a reluctance to spend.

Beantown Bronco
04-09-2009, 01:51 PM
Tell that to Elam.

DBBBSBS
04-09-2009, 01:53 PM
2007 was not a long time ago. We spent a ton of money that offseason. Also, we were consistently snuggled up to close to the cap limit most of the time the last decade or so. In those seasons, it was the cap that restricted spending, not a reluctance to spend.

we did so because shanny was pissing in his pants to keep his job.. and he used a false lie detector. with all the money he invested in some stupid free agents, he could have upgraded that lie detector equipment and we would have saved a ton of money in free agency

Beantown Bronco
04-09-2009, 01:55 PM
And, aside from Daniel Graham and Travis Henry (to a smaller extent, much of his money wasn't guaranteed), where is all this tons of money being thrown around?

Talk about an exaggeration.

http://www.kffl.com/article.php/69992/115

cutthemdown
04-09-2009, 01:58 PM
I'd trade any pick with any team if I felt it would improve the club. Everything is on the table including trading out of the first round for picks next yr.

If I was Xanders and Mcdaniles I would think about trading the 12 or 18 for a 3rd this yr and first next yr, something like that, who knows maybe even a 2nd this yr if the timing was right with another team.

Have Broncos had enough time to evaluate to pick to first rounders, or would having a whole yr, 3 first rounders next yr, be better?

BroncoInferno
04-09-2009, 02:00 PM
And, aside from Daniel Graham and Travis Henry (to a smaller extent, much of his money wasn't guaranteed), where is all this tons of money being thrown around?

Talk about an exaggeration.

http://www.kffl.com/article.php/69992/115

Dre Bly got a big deal that season also. A total of about $40 million in signing bonuses between the three. You don't think that's opening up the check book? Who are you, Bill Gates?

cutthemdown
04-09-2009, 02:00 PM
"Stockpile the draft Picks" That's the Patriots way. He wont trade up but he might trade down to get even more picks.

Now, I'm not saying I agree with this, so don't get your panties in a wad and yell at me.

I think owning next yrs draft would be smarter. Trade the 18 for a 3rd rounder this yr, and a first next yr.

Gives Broncos brass an extra yr to prepare for the big first round, and with 3 first round picks the Broncos would completely own the draft and be able to target almost any spot in it.

Beantown Bronco
04-09-2009, 02:04 PM
Dre Bly got a big deal that season also. A total of about $40 million in signing bonuses between the three. You don't think that's opening up the check book? Who are you, Bill Gates?

Good call. I simply forgot about Bly.

The fact that he's still sitting at home unemployed along with the other 6 defensive starters we dumped probably has something to do with it.

Pony Boy
04-09-2009, 03:55 PM
I think owning next yrs draft would be smarter. Trade the 18 for a 3rd rounder this yr, and a first next yr.

Gives Broncos brass an extra yr to prepare for the big first round, and with 3 first round picks the Broncos would completely own the draft and be able to target almost any spot in it.

I like it when a plan comes together!

DrFate
04-09-2009, 04:57 PM
If the Broncos are the Patriots East, and that seems apparent, the most likely move would be to trade BACK - that and to give up 18 for somebody's next year's #1. That is what Hoodie Sr. has done for years...

The MVPlaya
04-09-2009, 05:02 PM
Everyone's answers in these type of threads are worth just as much as a used condom: nothing.

No one in here has done even a fraction of the scouting and research on players in the draft and the Denver Broncos team.

ColoradoDarin
04-09-2009, 05:15 PM
I really hope Detroit takes an OT (or Curry) at #1, then Sanchez drops to #12 and we trade back to #20 and #33 and Detroit gets their QBotF.

Los Broncos
04-09-2009, 05:24 PM
Man you guys really know your draft stuff, pretty exciting and its crazy how were already planning for next years draft.

ludo21
04-09-2009, 05:26 PM
I would trade 12 and 48 to get in the top 8. If Seattle somehow accepts that we can guarantee Raji which would be perfect.

We then could trade down from 18 to get a 2nd rounder back.

baja
04-09-2009, 05:29 PM
I don't see anybody worth trading up for given our extensive needs

27atwater
04-09-2009, 05:31 PM
I'd wait til draft day to see how things pan out. IF Raji drops to #12 (not likely, but possible), I jump all over him and hope Tyson Jackson is there at #18. Otherwise, I'd take Tyson jackson w/ the #12 and try to trade the #18 w/ Philly or Detroit. Philly has 21 and 28 while Detroit has 20 and 33.

I love Clint Sintim as the non-pass rushing OLB at 20 or 21 and then Ron Brace at 28 or 33. We need to get bigger and tougher. Raji, Jackson, Brace and/or Sintim would be a great start.

spdirty
04-09-2009, 05:37 PM
Id trade the 18th overall, one of next years firsts, a 3rd, and Kyle Orton for Cutler and a fifth.

Popps
04-09-2009, 05:50 PM
Boring answer, but I really like where we're drafting. I wouldn't mind if we had to bump up a few spots with our first pick to land someone like Raji, but I think the great thing about 12 and 20 is that there are just bound to be guys there that fell. The price-tag for 12 and 20 won't be too bad, either.

I wouldn't be too upset if we moved down to something like 16 and 20 if there's no one there we love, and picked up an extra mid-round pick. But, I'm really happy with these two picks.

Should be a fun day.

Punisher
04-09-2009, 05:52 PM
I would trade 12 and 48 to get in the top 8. If Seattle somehow accepts that we can guarantee Raji which would be perfect.

We then could trade down from 18 to get a 2nd rounder back.

I think Raji could fall to us because I have a feeling Seattle will draft Mark .S

Dedhed
04-09-2009, 05:57 PM
I'd package Sheffler and whatever else in order to get a top 5 pick in the 2nd round. There are a lot of guys in that area who I think can be difference makers.

Connor Barwin would be my target guy there.

Punisher
04-09-2009, 06:00 PM
I'd package Sheffler and whatever else in order to get a top 5 pick in the 2nd round. There are a lot of guys in that area who I think can be difference makers.

Connor Barwin would be my target guy there.

Yea i like Barwin to

27atwater
04-09-2009, 06:11 PM
Barwin reminds me of a certain OLB who just became a Chief.

SpringStein
04-09-2009, 06:14 PM
Trade down with Eagles, Giants or Lions all look like potentials with the picks they have. Eagles have 12 picks, including two in the first. I'd be surprised to see them draft 12 players.

mhgaffney
04-09-2009, 06:40 PM
If we trade up - it's maybe in rounds 2 and/or 3

DBBBSBS
04-09-2009, 08:50 PM
I'd wait til draft day to see how things pan out. IF Raji drops to #12 (not likely, but possible), I jump all over him and hope Tyson Jackson is there at #18. Otherwise, I'd take Tyson jackson w/ the #12 and try to trade the #18 w/ Philly or Detroit. Philly has 21 and 28 while Detroit has 20 and 33.

I love Clint Sintim as the non-pass rushing OLB at 20 or 21 and then Ron Brace at 28 or 33. We need to get bigger and tougher. Raji, Jackson, Brace and/or Sintim would be a great start.

You must be really crazy to think for 18, you will get those two picks from the two teams. You need to give up more than that. It is easy to trade 12 and something to get those from the two teams in questions.

Also why would we get both raji and brace ? if we get raji , i am 101% sure we dont need brace in this draft and he is a reach at 28 and 33. He is a good pick around 38-41. Jackson will mostly be available at 18 if san diego is not going for him at 16.

DBBBSBS
04-09-2009, 08:59 PM
I want to see sanchez dropping to #12. Not for broncos to get him.. but for others to come up and trade. Esp if washington can pick up a QB, at 13... i want jets, tampa and detroit to come calling our number. But i am guessing they will all be calling buffalo at #11 assuming denver might take him at 12. which would be a shame.

But the best scenario of this whole draft is if lions take jason and st. louis follows up and takes eugene. then seattle will for sure take stafford.. making sanchez hot and if jax and sfo passes.. either buffalo or denver are in for a trade back possibility.

DBBBSBS
04-09-2009, 09:02 PM
Tell that to Elam.

with the way last year went... it wasn't a big loss. sooner or later we had to find someone else and they let him go at the right time.

DBBBSBS
04-10-2009, 09:55 AM
Looks like all the GM's are working on there draft board's and still haven't come to a conclusion.

Drek
04-10-2009, 11:29 AM
What I'd would like to do:
Trade #12 to Philly or Detroit. Philly if they want to move up after Oher/Andre Smith, Detroit if they take OT to start off and want a QB at #12 or vice versa. With Philly that'd be 21 and 53, Detroit obviously I'd prefer 20 and 33, but if we could do 20, 65, and their '10 2nd I'd be happy with that as well.

Then trade #18 to someone looking to get back in the first round, maybe Carolina or Dallas since neither has a first, and get a 2010 first as well as an extra second.

Ideally I'd like to see us holding five or six picks between 15-100, and three (our own, the Bears, and one other team's) first round picks for 2010.

We got massive value for Cutler and we should be looking to parlay it into draft day flexibility for the next several years, not just a two year blow your wad and move on thing. Parlay picks into later round and future picks, giving us more top 100 players and more ammo for the next season.