PDA

View Full Version : Single funniest Bronco rumor this offseason...maybe EVER

Hotrod
04-08-2009, 02:37 PM
Ha!

http://profootball.scout.com/2/853317.html

The trade of Jay Cutler from the Denver Broncos to the Chicago Bears will undoubtedly shake up the first round of the 2009 draft in a major way. With the Broncos now holding the No. 12 and 18 selections in the opening frame; look for Denver to make a move up in the draft for one of the two premier quarterbacks, Georgiaís Matthew Stafford or USCís Mark Sanchez.

In saying that the Broncos could make a move, I foresee a trade that will alter the face of the first round. I predict that the Broncos will trade their two first round picks (No. 12 and 18) to their division rival the Kansas City Chiefs in exchange for the third pick overall. This would be another bold move for the Broncos this offseason, but identifying their next franchise quarterback is crucial for their future success

Doggcow
04-08-2009, 02:39 PM
Bahahaha, ****in retard.

Br0nc0Buster
04-08-2009, 02:39 PM
Sweet
Lets draft Beanie Wells with it to

Kaylore
04-08-2009, 02:40 PM
Words cannot describe how pissed I'd be if they did that. Stafford is not worth a top ten pick, let alone the third overall.

BroncoInferno
04-08-2009, 02:44 PM
Words cannot describe how pissed I'd be if they did that. Stafford is not worth a top ten pick, let alone the third overall.

Hell, I'd be pissed if they took Stafford or Sanchez at #18. Neither would be a 1st rounder in next years draft class. We need to see what we can do with Orton/Simms and maybe a 3rd rounder, then reevaluate the position next season. If it's clear we need a QB, we'll have much better choices.

24champ
04-08-2009, 02:44 PM
The way this offseason's gone...anything is possible I guess.

crazyhorse
04-08-2009, 02:45 PM
I'll take it.

Bronco Boy
04-08-2009, 02:47 PM
Latest rumor is that both picks heard they were being shopped and are now demanding a trade.

PRBronco
04-08-2009, 02:50 PM
You guys r dum. If we did that then we could package both of next year's picks with that and trade up to numbar 1 and get Stafford! pewpewpew touchdowns! /makes machine gun noise

Bronx33
04-08-2009, 02:51 PM
http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/58/589268.jpg<< :spit:
Chris Steuber NFL Expert

broncofan7
04-08-2009, 02:51 PM
I differ from the previous posters on Stafford--I prefer him over Sanchez but I would not want to spend even a #12 on either guy. If Stafford is available @ 18, I would jump on it--but all the speculation has Stafford going #1--so it's probably a moot point. Sanchez is the more likely QB to be available @ 12 IMHO--and no way is he worth #12.

Pony Boy
04-08-2009, 02:52 PM
If they make any kind of trade with KC it would involve Cassel and I don't see that now that we have Orton.

eddie mac
04-08-2009, 02:53 PM
The funny thing is that all this franchise QB crap comes from the same retards that still claim that McJack was after Cassel from Day1.

Cassel is not a franchise QB and never will be. He's a system QB and no better than the system QB we just acquired from Chicago.

supermanhr9
04-08-2009, 02:54 PM
wow,,, I would boycott and Riot in the streets,,, then after all Of St. Louis is looking at me I would start my journey to KC to take back the draft picks myself out of Fat Pioli's hands, Then I would hand deliver them back to all of you guys and we would draft the two picks.

Hotrod
04-08-2009, 02:54 PM
I'll take it.

LOL I bet you would

Sanchez at 12 or 18 and I would not shoot myself but I'd rather not

gunns
04-08-2009, 02:57 PM
Well, I guess that does top Lex's mock draft as far as funny.

gunns
04-08-2009, 02:59 PM
You guys r dum. If we did that then we could package both of next year's picks with that and trade up to numbar 1 and get Stafford! pewpewpew touchdowns! /makes machine gun noise

Tell it to Bowlen, he's not willing to pay a #1 draft pick. Besides if Stafford is the #1 pick, I wouldn't pay him a dime. Same goes for Sanchez. The articles last bit about it being crucial for us to get our franchise QB in this draft is as bad as the rumor.

Br0nc0Buster
04-08-2009, 02:59 PM

but then we wouldnt be able to spend the #18 on a center....

bombay
04-08-2009, 03:00 PM
Wow. Idiotic. That's stupid enough to have come from jim armstrong.

gunns
04-08-2009, 03:03 PM
but then we wouldnt be able to spend the #18 on a center....

Who says we are?

Br0nc0Buster
04-08-2009, 03:07 PM
Who says we are?

In one of Lex's mocks he had us drafting Alex Mack with the 18

Hotrod
04-08-2009, 03:10 PM

Well apparently I stand corrected. Lex is the funniest idiot of the offseason

BroncoInferno
04-08-2009, 03:10 PM

Wow, I didn't know she was still around...

http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/images/n3/n15626.jpg

Taco John
04-08-2009, 03:11 PM
Wow. Trading our two first round picks to move up to take offense, no less a quarterback, should be grounds for immediate firing. But doing that, while at the same time giving a hated division rival those two first round picks is grounds for a stoning in front of the running horse statues...

http://l.yimg.com/g/images/spaceball.gif

What a stupid prediction.

BroncoInferno
04-08-2009, 03:13 PM
Wow. Trading our two first round picks to move up to take offense, no less a quarterback, should be grounds for immediate firing. But doing that, while at the same time giving a hated division rival those two first round picks is grounds for a stoning in front of the running horse statues...

Yeah, we reportedly didn't even want the #1 pick because of the crazy financial commitment. The #3 pick would not be a whole lot better, especially for a QB. I'll form a mob myself if we make that move.

Taco John
04-08-2009, 03:16 PM
Yeah, we reportedly didn't even want the #1 pick because of the crazy financial commitment. The #3 pick would not be a whole lot better, especially for a QB. I'll form a mob myself if we make that move.

I'm making signs and joining Herc's protest if that happens.

BroncoInferno
04-08-2009, 03:17 PM

What is Herc protesting?

frerottenextelway
04-08-2009, 03:20 PM
Standard.

Bronx33
04-08-2009, 03:23 PM
What is Herc protesting?

He want's monster energy drinks in the soda machine at work.

USMCBladerunner
04-08-2009, 03:24 PM
IF one takes on the assumption that Denver needs to draft and find a franchise QB, the best approach would be to wait until next year, maybe even trade down this year to load even more ammunition...the Broncos will have nearly as much ammunition (more if they trade down to load it up), the QB quality will be better, and any questions about Orton viability as starting QB under MCDaniels will be answered one way or another

Draftniks can't see past one offseason at a time and they approach each draft as the treasure trove of solutions to every teams' problems.

Rock Chalk
04-08-2009, 03:24 PM

That wasnt Herc's protest.

It was some other schmuck Herc was teasing.

Atwater His Ass
04-08-2009, 03:34 PM
I cannot express in words the nuclear meltdown and pure rage I will have if we trade up and draft a QB in the first round.

SonOfLe-loLang
04-08-2009, 03:34 PM
If Denver was looking to get into the top 10, why would they take a worse deal with chicago (draft pick wise) when they could have had washington's lower picks. They didnt because they wanted Orton. now, if they wanted Orton that bad, why would they lose all that value to draft Sanchez? Makes no sense.

They will draft Defense....do you hear me Coach McD..you will draft defense

Hotrod
04-08-2009, 03:37 PM
If they wanted to draft a QB Cutler would be in Detroit as we speak.

Pony Boy
04-08-2009, 03:45 PM
If they wanted to draft a QB Cutler would be in Detroit as we speak.

"you speak truth Kemo Sabe"

Hotrod
04-08-2009, 03:52 PM
"you speak truth Kemo Sabe"

Not only that but most likely we would be still holding picks #12 and what else do the lions have #20 & #33 we'd own one or the other of those.

bap454
04-08-2009, 04:28 PM
Wait... would it change your mind if the pick was for Curry....?? I think he is the only player in the first round that I would trade up for. A sure fire future pro bowler at a postion of need or two boom/bust picks??

SonOfLe-loLang
04-08-2009, 05:25 PM
Wait... would it change your mind if the pick was for Curry....?? I think he is the only player in the first round that I would trade up for. A sure fire future pro bowler at a postion of need or two boom/bust picks??

not really. My dream three, well today, are Jackson, Maualuga, Brace in the 2nd

Los Broncos
04-08-2009, 05:27 PM
God I hope this doesn't happen.

Br0nc0Buster
04-08-2009, 05:44 PM

no
The top 10 sucks this year
Mayock said that the bottom third of the 1st round is just as talented as the top guys
He said if he could have any pick in the first round he would choose #22 so he could get a guy just as good as the "elites" for a much bigger discount

No trading up
No qbs
No rbs(at least on the first day)

broncosteven
04-08-2009, 06:09 PM
Hell, I'd be pissed if they took Stafford or Sanchez at #18. Neither would be a 1st rounder in next years draft class. We need to see what we can do with Orton/Simms and maybe a 3rd rounder, then reevaluate the position next season. If it's clear we need a QB, we'll have much better choices.

This is how I hope it plays out.

We have 2 1st's the next 2 years, time to build a D. Grab one dude late for depth at C/G and go after Dline.

I would not be pissed if they grabed a bluechip RB high but do not waste all those picks to move up and grab a 3rd QB.

baja
04-08-2009, 06:40 PM
If that happens put me in the rubber room right next to So Cal.

chaz
04-08-2009, 06:50 PM
Hell, I'd be pissed if they took Stafford or Sanchez at #18. Neither would be a 1st rounder in next years draft class.

I don't want to take a QB either, but Scott Wright said today Bradford is the only junior or senior eligible for next year's draft he'd take in the first round-and even he is not yet worth of termed a potential "franchise" qb.

Lots of people seem to be high on next years QB class, but Scott is a solid evaluator and says otherwise.

nickademus
04-08-2009, 07:15 PM

The way Lex sees it we should make that trade so we can select Mack with the 3rd over all pick.

ScottXray
04-08-2009, 07:32 PM
Ha!

http://profootball.scout.com/2/853317.html

The trade of Jay Cutler from the Denver Broncos to the Chicago Bears will undoubtedly shake up the first round of the 2009 draft in a major way. With the Broncos now holding the No. 12 and 18 selections in the opening frame; look for Denver to make a move up in the draft for one of the two premier quarterbacks, Georgiaís Matthew Stafford or USCís Mark Sanchez.

In saying that the Broncos could make a move, I foresee a trade that will alter the face of the first round. I predict that the Broncos will trade their two first round picks (No. 12 and 18) to their division rival the Kansas City Chiefs in exchange for the third pick overall. This would be another bold move for the Broncos this offseason, but identifying their next franchise quarterback is crucial for their future success

What an idiot! We already had our franchise QB, and we could have gotten Washingtons HIGHER picks AND their QB Too if we had traded with them. If we were moving up for a QB we wouldn't have traded with Chicago but waited to let the pot sweeten. I have to think that Orton is going to staart and McDaniels haas other things in mind for those two 1sts this year..

NFLBRONCO
04-08-2009, 07:45 PM
Build a more all around solid team and forget franchise QB for awhile. If I was Denver I'd bolster D next 2 drafts.

Steve Sewell
04-08-2009, 07:53 PM
Does that guy actually get paid to do that? What a tard.

BroncoInferno
04-08-2009, 07:54 PM
I don't want to take a QB either, but Scott Wright said today Bradford is the only junior or senior eligible for next year's draft he'd take in the first round-and even he is not yet worth of termed a potential "franchise" qb.

Lots of people seem to be high on next years QB class, but Scott is a solid evaluator and says otherwise.

Maybe so, but I'm big on the idea that if you are going to take a QB in the 1st round, you have a significantly better chance of having success with a guy who played all four years of college. Mayock pointed out that in the last 15 years 11 underclassmen QBs have gone in the 1st round. Of the group, only Roethlisberger and maybe Aaron Rodgers have been successes (and the jury is still out on Rodgers). The projected top guys next year will be four year guys, versus Stafford and Sanchez who are underclassmen. I wouldn't touch an underclassmen QB with a ten foot pole. I'd feel much more comfortable with a four year guy.

manchambo
04-08-2009, 08:43 PM
Can anyone imagine a more crushing admission of failure than trading our franchise qurterback for the opporuntity to roll the dice on one with maybe a 50/50 shot of being about as good and giving up our opportunity to improve the defense with at least one first round pick this year?

It's honestly difficult to think of any way, short of randomly cutting good players, that a team could more quickly make itself shockingly worse over the course of a few months. The only way our new little guy comes out looking OK in all this is if he turns either Orton or Simms into a decent player in his system and uses the picks to substantially improve the defense.

p7superfly
04-08-2009, 08:56 PM
This is why Pat White would be sweet in the 3rd or 4th round. We can stick him at QB if he's our best there - if not, he's another multi-talented wideout.

chrisp
04-09-2009, 12:34 AM
If 90% of the draft and almost all of the top picks do NOT go on defense this year I will finally give in, stop being 'Mr Positive' and join the epic meltdown that will ensue....

This 'Denver needs to draft a QB' crap will be issuing forth from the uninformed in mock drafts for the next few weeks. Its exactly like the way that as soon as Shannon Sharpe left us suddenly were taking a TE at #1 in every draft from here to eternity....

ZONA
04-09-2009, 12:47 AM
I heard the latest rumor is that we are going to use #12 and #18 to move up to #1 so we can draft the best long snapper in college in order to have depth behind Paxton.

Popps
04-09-2009, 12:50 AM

Well, add to it that we were apparently very clear we didn't want the #1 pick. So, after all this, we'd swap our whole first round for basically the same thing?

Oh well. It's a dude on the internet trying to take his best guess. I can't blame him for trying to take a swing, but that's a definite miss.

elsid13
04-09-2009, 03:50 AM

Mack is going to be a steal, and I think people are going to bitching and whining when McDaniels doesn't go all defense like folks think he will

easymobee
04-09-2009, 12:09 PM
We could've had the 1st pick plus some for cutler to begin with. Getting the 1st overall would obviously mean keeping our 12th and not hoping stafford didn't go 1 or 2.

Br0nc0Buster
04-09-2009, 12:27 PM
Mack is going to be a steal, and I think people are going to b****ing and whining when McDaniels doesn't go all defense like folks think he will

A center drafted in the first will be a "steal"....really?

vancejohnson82
04-09-2009, 12:55 PM
http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/funny-pictures-cat-packed-himself-in-your-suitcase.jpg

Broncobiv
04-09-2009, 06:37 PM
pewpewpew touchdowns! /makes machine gun noise
Hilarious!

Dark Helmet
04-09-2009, 10:42 PM
I'm glad to see that not everyone on this site is a freaking retard. McD is attempting to build a team very similar to the Pats. He's looking for a mix of the following: Experience, team players, players that are cost effective and players that are versatile.

The Pats have done very well drafting with very few 1st round picks. This is by design. The reason they are so good is the Hoody's dad was a scout and took him along when traveling/scouting. The Tuna has been very successful building teams and passed much of the knowledge down to Belichick as well. Belichick also has a degree in economics which teaches a methodical and analytical approach which regularly utilizes critical thinking.

I was not happy when hearing about McD being hired due to the afore stated reasons. However, much could also be said about Shanny's prior coaching experience before becoming our coach.

I can almost guarantee that McD will not be trading up to get another player as the philosophy dictates that equally valuable players can be grabbed later. If it weren't for the pressure of making the most of the Bears pick, I would say that they would trade down. Expect solid/long term defensive picks in the first round.

Oh, and the Offensive line, running game and receiving corps are why QBs are generally good or bad. Orton will be our QB and he will do much better than he did in Chicago. Having a vet increases our winning percentage dramatically over the next 2-3 seasons while a 5th or 6th round pick is being trained.....Sound familiar?