PDA

View Full Version : If everybody else is mocking...

gyldenlove
04-08-2009, 09:37 AM
I will mock too.

Here is the way I rank our needs:

1. DE, this has been my number 1 need all through the offseason. We need some big guys who can play the 5-tech end.

2. OLB, I believe the SOLB position is complete vacated and we really need a guy who can cover the TE as well as stop the run.

3. NT, we need someone who can stand in the middle, look mean and eat beans.

4. FS, even with Hill and Dawkins we needed someone who can be the longterm solution at FS.

5. RB, I am not sure how I feel about the RB position, one part of me wants to get a feature guy we can trust and the other part of me says that Hillis and the platoon we have now just needs a speed guy for change of pace and they will be all right.

I will assume no trades since that is just too hard to predict.

1a. Malcolm Jenkins, CB/FS, OSU
This pick to me comes down to Tyson Jackson and Malcolm Jenkins. I believe Jenkins to the better player and he fills a need at either CB or FS and is a guy who can contribute right away.

1b. Robert Ayers, OLB/DE, Tennessee
I think this guy will rise come draft day, he is a bit of a utility guy who can play 4/3 and 3/4 and should fit well in a hybrid system like we are going to run. He has played every position along the defensive line and could even put on weight and kick it inside to the 5 tech.

2. Ron Brace, NT/DT, BC
He is a big body who can handle 2 blockers at once. I think he is a decent fit in the middle of a 3/4 front and can also play 4/3 as a big guy who can allow his partner to be more aggressive. He is a team player and is used to not headlining the team which is how a 3/4 DL player should be.

3a. Craig Urbik, OG, Wisconsin
Really solid guard who can do anything we need him to. Would allow Lichtensteiger to focus on the OC position.

3b. Andre Brown, RB, NCState
Can catch the ball, can pass block, is fast when he gets going. I think this guy would complement our bigger and slower RBs really well.

4. Jason Williams, OLB, Western Illinois
Freakishly fast, a small school guy who is flying up boards. He was snubbed for the combine, but did well at the Shrine game and blew some scouts away at 2 different pro days.

5. Richard Quinn, TE, NC
This guy would block a mack truck if you told him to. Just a nasty blocking tight end who has really solid technique.

6. David Buehler, K, USC

7a. Graham Harrell, QB, Texas Tech
Seems to fit the bill, leader, fairly cerebral, good touch, solid in the gun. Will get time to see if he has the goods or not.

7b. Demetrius Byrd, WR, LSU
Was considered a top selection a year ago but didn't develope as some had hoped. Is a good complementary receiver and with the right development may become a really good slot guy.

lex
04-08-2009, 09:48 AM
I will mock too.

Here is the way I rank our needs:

1. DE, this has been my number 1 need all through the offseason. We need some big guys who can play the 5-tech end.

2. OLB, I believe the SOLB position is complete vacated and we really need a guy who can cover the TE as well as stop the run.

3. NT, we need someone who can stand in the middle, look mean and eat beans.

4. FS, even with Hill and Dawkins we needed someone who can be the longterm solution at FS.

5. RB, I am not sure how I feel about the RB position, one part of me wants to get a feature guy we can trust and the other part of me says that Hillis and the platoon we have now just needs a speed guy for change of pace and they will be all right.

I will assume no trades since that is just too hard to predict.

1a. Malcolm Jenkins, CB/FS, OSU
This pick to me comes down to Tyson Jackson and Malcolm Jenkins. I believe Jenkins to the better player and he fills a need at either CB or FS and is a guy who can contribute right away.

A CB that is better suited to play FS although he hasnt played FS. No thanks. Not at 12.

1b. Robert Ayers, OLB/DE, Tennessee
I think this guy will rise come draft day, he is a bit of a utility guy who can play 4/3 and 3/4 and should fit well in a hybrid system like we are going to run. He has played every position along the defensive line and could even put on weight and kick it inside to the 5 tech.

A pass rusher who doesnt get sacks...and in the middle of the first, no less. No thanks.

2. Ron Brace, NT/DT, BC
He is a big body who can handle 2 blockers at once. I think he is a decent fit in the middle of a 3/4 front and can also play 4/3 as a big guy who can allow his partner to be more aggressive. He is a team player and is used to not headlining the team which is how a 3/4 DL player should be.

OK

3a. Craig Urbik, OG, Wisconsin
Really solid guard who can do anything we need him to. Would allow Lichtensteiger to focus on the OC position.

3b. Andre Brown, RB, NCState
Can catch the ball, can pass block, is fast when he gets going. I think this guy would complement our bigger and slower RBs really well.

4. Jason Williams, OLB, Western Illinois
Freakishly fast, a small school guy who is flying up boards. He was snubbed for the combine, but did well at the Shrine game and blew some scouts away at 2 different pro days.

5. Richard Quinn, TE, NC
This guy would block a mack truck if you told him to. Just a nasty blocking tight end who has really solid technique.

6. David Buehler, K, USC

7a. Graham Harrell, QB, Texas Tech
Seems to fit the bill, leader, fairly cerebral, good touch, solid in the gun. Will get time to see if he has the goods or not.

7b. Demetrius Byrd, WR, LSU
Was considered a top selection a year ago but didn't develope as some had hoped. Is a good complementary receiver and with the right development may become a really good slot guy.
Do you really think he will be there in the 7th?

Comments in red.

lookin' glass
04-08-2009, 11:26 AM
Buehler..... Buehler.....

OBF1
04-09-2009, 12:16 AM
2,000 post mock draft rule now.... TJ ???

SonOfLe-loLang
04-09-2009, 08:45 AM
I'm not really feeling this one

DBBBSBS
04-09-2009, 09:49 PM
by farthe worst mock i have seen