Florida_Bronco
04-07-2009, 08:06 PM
Please vote accordingly.

DBBBSBS
04-07-2009, 08:08 PM
orton

Dukes
04-07-2009, 08:13 PM
It may be an "open competition" but everyone knows it's really Orton's job unless something terrible happens.

bombay
04-07-2009, 08:32 PM
I don't think there's much doubt that Orton will win the job if it really is an open competition. Among other reasons, I'd rather Orton be the starter because I prefer Clady to Harris on the QBs blind side.

DBroncos4life
04-07-2009, 08:44 PM
I think drafting a QB this year is a waste and giving the fact that Orton was McDs trade choice he better win the job

OABB
04-07-2009, 08:46 PM
Orton. my dear god.

Needa Pass Rush
04-07-2009, 08:49 PM
How would you even know? Wouldn't you like to see Simms hit the field for the first time in a couple years and get an idea of what he's got working?

GoHAM
04-07-2009, 08:49 PM
Simms was never brought in to be the starter.

Florida_Bronco
04-07-2009, 08:53 PM
How would you even know? Wouldn't you like to see Simms hit the field for the first time in a couple years and get an idea of what he's got working?

That's why it's called the "pre draft feeler" :thumbsup:

BroncoFiend
04-07-2009, 08:53 PM
Keep in mind, Mcd has picked both of these guys, and he paid Simms quite a bit of money. But if the reports of Orton being a big part of the trade are true then I have to guess he is the odds on favorite.

I did get a good look at Simms the year he took over for Johnson down here in Tampa and I have to say I was very impressed. I remember thinking at the time that Simms would be a lock to start for the next 10 years. So I woudn't be disappointed he if came out and won the job. I also remember Clayton coming out early in the drama between Cutler and McD saying that Simms would be very successful starting for McD.

Anyone who thinks we are drafting a QB high is crazy.

Jens1893
04-07-2009, 08:56 PM
Orton

I try to mentally block out Simms is a Bronco the best I can and hope he never, ever sees the field. I was on board with the team during the Cutler fiasco, but Simms would break the camelīs back for me.

spdirty
04-07-2009, 08:57 PM
Hell Ortons the guy you traded for Jay Cutler, I expect he should be the next great Broncos QB.

Pony Boy
04-07-2009, 10:13 PM
I like what someone said on another thread "It's Orton because it rimes with Morton. We called Craig Morton "old cement legs" gheeze did that guy take a pounding. Now we need to find a receiver that rimes with Moses.

chickennob2
04-07-2009, 10:34 PM
I like what someone said on another thread "It's Orton because it rimes with Morton. We called Craig Morton "old cement legs" gheeze did that guy take a pounding. Now we need to find a receiver that rimes with Moses.

How about a Ramses? (Barden, Cal-Poly)

Flex Gunmetal
04-07-2009, 10:49 PM
Hell Ortons the guy you traded for Jay Cutler, I expect he should be the next great Broncos QB.

I have a feeling it was more about the picks...

ColoradoDarin
04-07-2009, 10:51 PM
2 votes for Simms? Let me be the first to welcome Kyle Shanahan and Phil Simms to the Mane.

worm
04-07-2009, 11:17 PM
How about a Ramses? (Barden, Cal-Poly)

Have had him as my adopt-a-bronco and lighted candles in the grotto for that to happen.

Love to see him in Orange.

summerdenver
04-08-2009, 12:02 AM
If healthy Simms will win the job.

Los Broncos
04-08-2009, 12:31 AM
Orton starts

FireFly
04-08-2009, 12:39 AM
Wow. Just Wow. I expected Orton to be the favourite, but not by the current margin of 66 to 4!

Simms is a good QB. When he was starting and healthy, he looked GOOD. I think Orton gets the nod, but not by alot

BroncoMan4ever
04-08-2009, 02:45 AM
I think drafting a QB this year is a waste and giving the fact that Orton was McDs trade choice he better win the job

we have to draft a guy, if for no other reason than because Orton is only signed through this season. So we are going to need someone being groomed to take over the job in 2010.

BroncoMan4ever
04-08-2009, 02:48 AM
Keep in mind, Mcd has picked both of these guys, and he paid Simms quite a bit of money. But if the reports of Orton being a big part of the trade are true then I have to guess he is the odds on favorite.

I did get a good look at Simms the year he took over for Johnson down here in Tampa and I have to say I was very impressed. I remember thinking at the time that Simms would be a lock to start for the next 10 years. So I woudn't be disappointed he if came out and won the job. I also remember Clayton coming out early in the drama between Cutler and McD saying that Simms would be very successful starting for McD.

Anyone who thinks we are drafting a QB high is crazy.

i agree on everything you said. i have always liked Simms and when he ruptured his spleen i thought he was a tough bastard as well. i just hate the idea that we spent a really high pick on a LT in Clady last year to block a QBs blindside and Simms is a leftie

i hate left handed QBs