PDA

View Full Version : Better Than The Last One Mock Draft

lex
04-07-2009, 02:09 PM
OK, I was thinking about my last mock and I suddenly realize that I hate the idea of picking Sanchez in the first. Im doing this mock according to the picks we currently have, although Id like to either trade down with 18 or move up with 48 and 79. But Im tethering myself to what we actually currently have.

12. Beanie Wells, RB
18. Alex Mack, C...this is a little high for him but he's so good.
48. Jarron Gilbert, DE
79. Rashad Johnson, S...Ive been seeing him slotted for the 3rd lately
84. Dorell Scott, DT/DE...Had a down year in 08...probably undervalued
114. Zack Follett, SOLB
149. Curtis Painter, QB
185. Richard Quinn, TE
225. Frantz Joseph, ILB
235. Roy Miller, DT/DE

Id rather go all out next year for Cody as a NT. I think with Mack and Cody, youd really do a lot towards winning the middle of the field and with Wells you can control the game. Jarron Gilbert has a lot of upside but DE isnt as crucial as NT and rush outside LB. I was kicking around a rush LB at 48 (kruger, Brown,...) but I have more faith in Doom.

If we were to trade up into the 1st in the scenario I mentioned, Id go with Wells at 12, Jackson or Maualuga at 18, and Mack at 31 or 22 (depending on where we traded up to).

The USC LBs scare me. Ive heard from someone I know who is a USC fan for sometime now that ther are rumors about Cushing using roids. Havent heard that about Matthews even though he's put on a ton of weight/muscle since going to USC. Oddly, Ive started to warm up to Maualuga a little more since looking at this middle of the field thing when considering Mack and Cody.

gyldenlove
04-07-2009, 02:14 PM
WAAAAAY too many defensive players.

TheReverend
04-07-2009, 02:18 PM
WAAAAAY too many defensive players.

Good.

It'll impact our defense AND our special teams.

My only complaint is two offensive players in the first round.

Gcver2ver3
04-07-2009, 02:28 PM
OK, I was thinking about my last mock and I suddenly realize that I hate the idea of picking Sanchez in the first. Im doing this mock according to the picks we currently have, although Id like to either trade down with 18 or move up with 48 and 79. But Im tethering myself to what we actually currently have.

12. Beanie Wells, RB
48. Jarron Gilbert, DE
114. Zack Follett, SOLB
149. Curtis Painter, QB
185. Richard Quinn, TE
225. Frantz Joseph, ILB
235. Roy Miller, DT/DE

Id rather go all out next year for Cody as a NT. I think with Mack and Cody, youd really do a lot towards winning the middle of the field and with Wells you can control the game. Jarron Gilbert has a lot of upside but DE isnt as crucial as NT and rush outside LB. I was kicking around a rush LB at 48 (kruger, Brown,...) but I have more faith in Doom.

If we were to trade up into the 1st in the scenario I mentioned, Id go with Wells at 12, Jackson or Maualuga at 18, and Mack at 31 or 22 (depending on where we traded up to).

The USC LBs scare me. Ive heard from someone I know who is a USC fan for sometime now that ther are rumors about Cushing using roids. Havent heard that about Matthews even though he's put on a ton of weight/muscle since going to USC. Oddly, Ive started to warm up to Maualuga a little more since looking at this middle of the field thing when considering Mack and Cody.

you really believe Wells won't be available at 18?...

DBBBSBS
04-07-2009, 02:32 PM

12. Beanie Wells, RB
48. Jarron Gilbert, DE
114. Zack Follett, SOLB
149. Curtis Painter, QB
185. Richard Quinn, TE
225. Frantz Joseph, ILB
235. Roy Miller, DT/DE

I some how want to stay away from a OSU running back. Give me brown from UCONN. Also i want jackson from LSU at 12. If there is a QB picked i would like to see Nate Davis Or Harrell from TTU

Bronco Boy
04-07-2009, 02:39 PM
This draft has bust written all over it.

SonOfLe-loLang
04-07-2009, 03:40 PM
WHats with your hard on for Alex Mack

SonOfLe-loLang
04-07-2009, 03:41 PM
Also, why do you keep insisting to put Cody, a guy not even IN this draft, in our draft plans

skpac1001
04-07-2009, 04:34 PM
you really believe Wells won't be available at 18?...

I think the Saints will take a long look at him at 14.