PDA

View Full Version : Trade Scenario's (2 different trades) - Want both the trades to happen or none

DBBBSBS
04-07-2009, 12:21 AM
Broncos might be looking for a QB... and since everyone says sanchez is someone who can fit into McD's system....

Broncos move up to 8th spot and trade with Jags. Jags get (12th and 79th) and Broncos pick "Mark Sanchez". He will sit this year and next year orton goes away or chris simms goes away and orton signed for back up contract.

2nd Trade

Broncos give up 18th/48th/85th to trade with Philly for 21st/28th/153rd or 157th

If we pull both these trades.. we will be left with

8th, 21st, 28th, 114, 149, 153 or 157, 185, 225, 235.

But we can get back a franchise QB (If he proves to be good in this system) and 2 very good quality defensive players. Where one could be a NT and another one who is OLB/ILB or DE.

I know it is whacky, But what is the comment about this on the mane...

lex
04-07-2009, 12:30 AM
Broncos might be looking for a QB... and since everyone says sanchez is someone who can fit into McD's system....

Broncos move up to 8th spot and trade with Jags. Jags get (12th and 79th) and Broncos pick "Mark Sanchez". He will sit this year and next year orton goes away or chris simms goes away and orton signed for back up contract.

2nd Trade

Broncos give up 18th/48th/85th to trade with Philly for 21st/28th/153rd or 157th

But we can get back a franchise QB (If he proves to be good in this system) and 2 very good quality defensive players. Where one could be a NT and another one who is OLB/ILB or DE.

The idea to trade up to get Sanchez is garbage but I like your idea of trading the 18, 48, and 85th for the 21, 28 and 157. Id be all over that. The other thing we could do is trade our 48 and 2 3rds to move to 22, leaving us 12, 18, 22 or trade our 48 and 84 to move up to 31, which would give us 12, 18, 31.

DBBBSBS
04-07-2009, 12:36 AM
The idea to trade up to get Sanchez is garbage but I like your idea of trading the 18, 48, and 85th for the 21, 28 and 157. Id be all over that. The other thing we could do is trade our 48 and 2 3rds to move to 22, leaving us 12, 18, 22 or trade our 48 and 84 to move up to 31, which would give us 12, 18, 31.

lex, i agree with trade up to 8 being garbage... but also think about it, what if Raji is available ? For sure GB will pick him at 9. so that would make moving up to be good.

but i like your scenario of 48 and 84 to get to 31 as well. But if we can make it happen with philly it will be a jack pot. picking 3 in round 1 and getting 2 more next year.

DBBBSBS
04-07-2009, 12:43 AM
If we do get 8th, 21st and 28th... These would be my picks

8th - B J Raji / Mark Sanchez (only if needed by coach and he become franchise QB)

21st - Tyson Jackson, DE, LSU / Rey Maualuga, ILB

28th - Peria Jerry, DT, Ole Miss / Brian Cushing, OLB, USC / Robert Ayers, DE, Tennessee

lex
04-07-2009, 12:54 AM
lex, i agree with trade up to 8 being garbage... but also think about it, what if Raji is available ? For sure GB will pick him at 9. so that would make moving up to be good.

but i like your scenario of 48 and 84 to get to 31 as well. But if we can make it happen with philly it will be a jack pot. picking 3 in round 1 and getting 2 more next year.

Heres, what Im looking at. Terrence Cody who occupies two blocks just by opening his eyes in the morning, should be in the draft next year. He wants to get his weight under control but it also wouldnt hurt to have an extra year under Saban. I would use both first round picks if necessary to get him provided he's healthy and in good standing. Im no longer confident in Raji if its true that he pissed hot. Just because we need a NT, that doesnt mean we need him, if he's that kind of a risk.

Elway777
04-07-2009, 12:57 AM
I like the Idea of trading up to the 8 spot to get a player that falls . I also would not mind this trade of 18 pick for 29 and 60 picks.The Giants move up for wide receiver. The Broncos would have 8, 29, 48 and 60 picks on first day. The Broncos use the 60 pick plus Scheffler to trade for Shaun Rodgers from Cleveland.The Broncos draft 8 .Orakapo 29. Barwin 48. Ziggy Hood. This draft sets up our 3-4 defence for the next 5 years with Thomas, Rodgers, Hood at defensive line and Barwin,Larsen, Williams, and Orakapo at linebacker.

DBBBSBS
04-07-2009, 01:09 AM
I like the Idea of trading up to the 8 spot to get a player that falls . I also would not mind this trade of 18 pick for 29 and 60 picks.The Giants move up for wide receiver. The Broncos would have 8, 29, 48 and 60 picks on first day. The Broncos use the 60 pick plus Scheffler to trade for Shaun Rodgers from Cleveland.The Broncos draft 8 .Orakapo 29. Barwin 48. Ziggy Hood. This draft sets up our 3-4 defence for the next 5 years with Thomas, Rodgers, Hood at defensive line and Barwin,Larsen, Williams, and Orakapo at linebacker.

nice thought.. but for some reason i am no longer in love with orakapo.. i see him as workout warrior who could be a bust. i dont like texas defensive players for some reason.

SlipperyPete
04-07-2009, 01:49 AM
It's probably going to take higher than #8 to get Sanchez. If the Lions take Stafford, there's serious talk in Seattle that Sanchez will be the pick at #4.

OBF1
04-07-2009, 02:11 AM
Detroit will go OT with the 1st pick.

FireFly
04-07-2009, 03:00 AM
If we do get 8th, 21st and 28th... These would be my picks

8th - B J Raji / Mark Sanchez (only if needed by coach and he become franchise QB)

21st - Tyson Jackson, DE, LSU / Rey Maualuga, ILB

28th - Peria Jerry, DT, Ole Miss / Brian Cushing, OLB, USC / Robert Ayers, DE, Tennessee

Are people really thinking that Cushing is going to drop that far?

FireFly
04-07-2009, 03:01 AM
Detroit will go OT with the 1st pick.

I agree. There strat imo will be to pick a OT with the 1st and a QB later in the first.

Hercules Rockefeller
04-07-2009, 05:47 AM
The first trade is realistic, though I wouldn't be happy moving up for a QB.

The second trade is nothing more than internet dreaming.

cmhargrove
04-07-2009, 05:56 AM
Don't move up for anyone this year. Just don't.

The only player truly worth trading up for might be Curry, and we don't know yer whether he will be an ILB or an OLB on the team that drafts him. There's no way we could afford to pay him since we already have DJ for the same position (not that DJ is better, this is economics).

Don't trade up, say it with me - don't trade up.

At the end of the season (where guys actually play football) Sanchez was a lower first round pick - now he's a top 5? Where did that come from? He played on an incredibly talented team, with superstars all around him. I'm not saying he won't be really good, but it's a big gamble right now. We already took our gamble releasing Cutler, we can't afford too many more.

Doesn't anyone around here think we can take a third round QB and let him learn McD's system for a year or two while we rebuild the defense? I feel like McD might find 2-3 guys he likes. He's obviously a teacher, and sometimes it's best to sit and learn for a while - especially at QB. We need first rounders that will start at the beginning of the season, we need help now. If Sanchez drops, snag him. If not, forget it.

DBBBSBS
04-07-2009, 07:15 AM
Are people really thinking that Cushing is going to drop that far?

If cushing drops that far it will be great.

I dont know if cutler leaving makes this team go for a QB who can be a franchise QB. New regime means new QB's drafted and that is the philosophy i was going by.

I would like us to draft a QB if at all next year and not this year.

Given the scenario.. I would like to pick whoever with out 12th pick if not go down to 14 or 15 even as i think Jackson will be available at 15 as well.

But if we can trade back with the 18th that will be great.. and if philly want to come up.. that will be awesome.

Someone here also suggested about NY being one of the team with whom we can trade and get a late 1st and late 2nd rounder.. which will work really great and also it might work if maclin is still on board at 18. Because they badly need a WR

Mogulseeker
04-07-2009, 07:24 AM
McD has shown no interest in Sanchez.

Raji might fall to 12.

Gcver2ver3
04-07-2009, 07:27 AM
i wish you guys would stop conjuring up these trade up scenarios to get a QB...it's not gonna happen...it's a waste of time and brain power...

if we go QB, it won't be in the 1st couple rounds...that's for sure...

also, trading up in the 1st round is too expensive...if we trade up, i see it happening in the second round...we may want to move up, or use ammo to gain an additional 2nd rounder...that's more feasible than trying to move up in the 1st round...

baja
04-07-2009, 07:50 AM
We have our QB and it is so advantageous the trade did not drag out now McD gets a bit of a look at Orton and can assess if he is our starting QB or not.

DBBBSBS
04-07-2009, 08:19 AM
We have our QB and it is so advantageous the trade did not drag out now McD gets a bit of a look at Orton and can assess if he is our starting QB or not.

More than picking a QB it was to check what are the trades going up or down we are discussing. Whom are we targetting if do go up or down. Who could be the trading partners.

mwill07
04-07-2009, 08:28 AM
If any offensive player is chosen in the first day, i'll be seriously pissed.

If we package picks to move up for Sanchez, we will have in essence traded Cutler for an unproven rookie. No effin way.

gyldenlove
04-07-2009, 08:33 AM
What are we saying if we trade up for a QB?

We say that a QB is special and that we need a good QB succeed, which is everything we didn't want to say to Cutler and the reason we traded him. So doing that would be admitting that we made a mistake, what is even worse is that historically only about 1 in 3 first round QBs ever get to the good starter level, meaning we have only 33% chance of getting a QB who will ever be as good as Cutler.

baja
04-07-2009, 08:34 AM
More than picking a QB it was to check what are the trades going up or down we are discussing. Whom are we targetting if do go up or down. Who could be the trading partners.

My post does "tie in " as you say. My point is McD gets the luxury to evaluate Orton from now until the draft which helps him to make an informed decision rather to draft a QB this year or not. If Orton is not our starting QB on opening day and plays well for us all season than this trade is a big failure.

DBBBSBS
04-07-2009, 08:35 AM
If any offensive player is chosen in the first day, i'll be seriously pissed.

If we package picks to move up for Sanchez, we will have in essence traded Cutler for an unproven rookie. No effin way.

Trade or not to trade was not an option after the cry baby went bonkers... I am sure McD might have thought the same as well.. but now that he is traded if they think someone will fit the system, it is not bad to get. But i personally would like to see broncos taking a QB next year if we are picking in round 1.

Tombstone RJ
04-07-2009, 08:45 AM
What are we saying if we trade up for a QB?

We say that a QB is special and that we need a good QB succeed, which is everything we didn't want to say to Cutler and the reason we traded him. So doing that would be admitting that we made a mistake, what is even worse is that historically only about 1 in 3 first round QBs ever get to the good starter level, meaning we have only 33% chance of getting a QB who will ever be as good as Cutler.

Sound thinking, and I agree. It stupid to trade up to get an unknown QB when you just let a pro bowl QB walk because McD has a team first philosophy.

I'd be PO'd if the Broncos wasted picks on trading up for Sanchez.

baja
04-07-2009, 08:53 AM
Sound thinking, and I agree. It stupid to trade up to get an unknown QB when you just let a pro bowl QB walk because McD has a team first philosophy.

<b>I'd be PO'd if the Broncos wasted picks on trading up for Sanchez.

If that happens we bronco fans are in for a long few years until McD is fired but I really doubt we move up for a QB I'm betting we have our guy in Orton.

DBBBSBS
04-07-2009, 08:58 AM
But what about raji at 8th. I am sure GB will pick raji at 9th if he is available.

vancejohnson82
04-07-2009, 09:01 AM
If we trade up for Sanchez at 8...basically we traded Cutler for a pick and Sanchez

I don't like that idea....build through the defense and take a chance on a guy in the third or fourth round...

No need to rush the QB situation....next year's class is off the charts good

DBBBSBS
04-07-2009, 09:03 AM
If we trade up for Sanchez at 8...basically we traded Cutler for a pick and Sanchez

I don't like that idea....build through the defense and take a chance on a guy in the third or fourth round...

No need to rush the QB situation....next year's class is off the charts good

If there is no Raji at 12, i would like broncos to move down to 15. also 18th down as well into 24-25

Rohirrim
04-07-2009, 09:20 AM
I believe the smart move for Detroit is to take Jason Smith with the number one pick and then use their 20 and their two thirds to move up to the Broncos slot at 12 and take either Sanchez or Freeman, whoever is there. Stafford is okay, but he's not a #1 pick. Jason Smith is. Then the Broncos have 18 and 20 in the first, 48 in the second, and 65, 79, 82 and 84 in the third.

Dukes
04-07-2009, 09:58 AM
I'd much rather give Orton a chance in this offense than draft a QB the first day. There's too many holes on D.

BroncoBuff
04-07-2009, 10:00 AM
I'd be PO'd if the Broncos wasted picks on trading up for Sanchez.

Me too

NFLBRONCO
04-07-2009, 10:05 AM
I couldn't see Denver keeping 3 #1's in any draft.

NFLBRONCO
04-07-2009, 10:06 AM
I believe the smart move for Detroit is to take Jason Smith with the number one pick and then use their 20 and their two thirds to move up to the Broncos slot at 12 and take either Sanchez or Freeman, whoever is there. Stafford is okay, but he's not a #1 pick. Jason Smith is. Then the Broncos have 18 and 20 in the first, 48 in the second, and 65, 79, 82 and 84 in the third.

Don't under estimate The Lions :)

RaiderH8r
04-07-2009, 11:01 AM
Don't under estimate The Lions :)

I'm pretty sure they'll draft WR at #1

Rohirrim
04-07-2009, 11:07 AM

Ha! If they do, the Lion fan will storm their office with his Bic lighter.

maher_tyler
04-07-2009, 11:07 AM
I would rather trade up next year and take McCoy or Bradford...also, can't think of his name but i like the guy from Texas Tech...

RaiderH8r
04-07-2009, 11:16 AM
Ha! If they do, the Lion fan will storm their office with his Bic lighter.

I never underestimate the ineptitude of the Lions. In fact, I'm sending them my resume'. I guaran freakin tee I can GM better than Matt Millen.

RaiderH8r
04-07-2009, 11:16 AM
I would rather trade up next year and take McCoy or Bradford...also, can't think of his name but i like the guy from Texas Tech...

Graham Harrell. (SP?)

Wes Mantooth
04-07-2009, 11:55 AM
sanchez is not a franchise qb.

DBBBSBS
04-07-2009, 12:00 PM

Sources from detroit say.. since Matt is not the GM lions will not be drafting WR anymore with the #1 pick.

So with the number 1 pick they are ready to choose

LS Long Snapper and they consider Punter as there second choice.

RaiderH8r
04-07-2009, 12:10 PM
Sources from detroit say.. since Matt is not the GM lions will not be drafting WR anymore with the #1 pick.

So with the number 1 pick they are ready to choose

LS Long Snapper and they consider Punter as there second choice.

But this is the year they REALLY need a WR. I say pull the trigger Detroit.

DBBBSBS
04-07-2009, 12:23 PM
But this is the year they REALLY need a WR. I say pull the trigger Detroit.

They might pull it and get Hakeem nicks.. they have there own reasoning why .. LOL.

I wonder why they did not pull the trigger on cu-nt-ler giving us #20,#33 and there third or fourth rounder this year and 1st and 3rd next. It would have been awesome.

cu-nt-ler would have lost for the next 5-10 yrs and never would have made it to the playoffs. it would have been so much fun to watch.

Broncoman13
04-07-2009, 02:02 PM
Wonder if the Lions would go for #48 and Scheffler for #33?

That would be ideal as #33 could be a guy with first round talent that slips a bit and the cap hit and money out of Bowlen's pocket isn't so bad.

I don't think we can afford two first round picks, let alone three!!! And no, I'm not talking about cap space.

broncosteven
04-07-2009, 02:30 PM

2nd Trade

Why waste all those picks on a guy who could:

1) suck at being an NFL QB
or
2) Be run out of town by Bronco fans for being a crybaby even though he made the Pro-bowl?
or
3)Be run out of town by Bronco fans for sucking.
or
4) Be run out of town by Bronco fans because he is a QB

Broncojef
04-07-2009, 02:40 PM

or
2) Be run out of town by Bronco fans for being a crybaby even though he made the Pro-bowl?
or
or

We have our QBs we shouldn't trade up in any scenario to get Sanchez. Build the Defense period. We don't need to trade back to get more picks we have more than enough. If anything move some of those back end picks up to get more solid Defensive talent.

Tyson Jackson -12
Ray Maualuga - 18

Hamrob
04-07-2009, 02:59 PM
Take the best guys you can get at 12 & 18 that happen to be on our front seven list.

DrFate
04-07-2009, 03:45 PM
The first trade is realistic, though I wouldn't be happy moving up for a QB.

I can't imagine the outrage if McDaniels turns Cutler and a lousy defense into...

tada...a rookie QB and a lousy defense

It is one thing to rationalize that the picks will improve the defense at a downgrade at the QB position (for some guy allegedly 'fits' better'). But if he turns this picks into a higher pick to take a QB - that would be some bad juju.

mhgaffney
04-07-2009, 06:28 PM
Raji at # 12

T Jackson at # 18

This would be sweet. Instant improvement on D.

mhgaffney
04-07-2009, 06:29 PM
If we need to move up we do it in round # 2

to get Brace NT

or a top RB

ZONA
04-07-2009, 10:06 PM
There has been talk in the Detroit HQ that some of them actually like Sanchez better then Stafford so moving up to get Sanchez doesn't sound to smart, he could be gone with pick #1.

Also, Raji is not gonna fall to us at #12. The drug rumors were wrong. He was found clean.

DBBBSBS
04-08-2009, 08:28 AM
There has been talk in the Detroit HQ that some of them actually like Sanchez better then Stafford so moving up to get Sanchez doesn't sound to smart, he could be gone with pick #1.

Also, Raji is not gonna fall to us at #12. The drug rumors were wrong. He was found clean.

If raji is gone by 5/6 then it is acceptable. But i am sure if he is available at 8.. the move is necessary considering he will be mostly gone at 9.

Lot of people here say fields will do the job, but it is never too bad to have a good player and rotate as needed. So it is good for depth and future as well. I would certainly move up if raji is available at 8 as he for sure wont be there at 12.

Rohirrim
04-08-2009, 08:34 AM

or
or
or

Sounds like a little revisionist history going on there. ;D

WolfpackGuy
04-08-2009, 08:46 AM
I'm sure Sanchez would be disappointed going to the Lions as his college team is better than them.
Hopefully, he's off the board before the Broncos pick.

DBBBSBS
04-08-2009, 09:06 AM
I started this thread about trading up, as much as i think i want the trade to happen for raji more than for sanchez. i want the first three picks of this season for broncos to be NT/DT, DE, OLB/ILB or CB.

It can be any combination of these spots, but i want raji to be denver's first pick in this draft and mostly jackson from LSU as no 2 pick.

The only pick i would be ok if they do for offense is a RB. And that should be in round 2 if at all.. and mostly brown from UCONN.

fdf
04-08-2009, 02:15 PM

2nd Trade

Don't want a QB. Want DL, linebackers and safeties. Two good D prospects are not enough to fill our holes. Maybe half of them are not going to work out. So we should be looking for 4-6 solid D prospects. Two years from now, if four of them pan out, we have a big success on our hands. If anything, we should trade down and get more picks.