PDA

View Full Version : Hackney Released

broncos-rock
04-06-2009, 10:02 PM
Darrell Hackney-QB-Broncos Apr. 6 - 8:59 pm et

Broncos waived QB Darrell Hackney.
Hackney never had much chance to last through Denver's regime change, but this move leaves the Broncos with only two QBs under contract (Chris Simms, Kyle Orton). It potentially sets the stage for them to add a passer in the draft.

Los Broncos
04-06-2009, 10:05 PM
Dam, he could of put up 2k in our system.

Popps
04-06-2009, 10:10 PM
****ing McDoucheBag liar bastard!!!!!!

He's ripping this team apart!!!!

RunSilentRunDeep
04-06-2009, 10:10 PM
Why the hell would any coach take the Denver job only to cut Darrell Hackney!?

bowtown
04-06-2009, 10:14 PM
:(

BigPlayShay
04-06-2009, 10:16 PM
Not even kept around as an extra camp arm? We will certainly be drafting a QB at some point in this years draft.

NFLBRONCO
04-06-2009, 10:16 PM
Hello Sanchez

ohiobronco2
04-06-2009, 10:20 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. :approve:

Natedogg
04-06-2009, 10:22 PM
Hackney is a Gutless Fat F***

Shoemaker
04-06-2009, 10:25 PM
Dammit, McDaniels! We had the perfect trifecta of comedy nickname QBs here and you ruined it!

Between Neckbeard (Orton), The Spleen (Simms), and Short Round (Hackney), we were set at hilarious QB monikers for years to come.

Now its all out the door, thanks to that McDouche.

kdissette
04-06-2009, 10:31 PM
Hackney sucks...always has...always will....

PaintballCLE
04-06-2009, 10:32 PM
first mustard now hackney........good grief

SonOfLe-loLang
04-06-2009, 10:35 PM
Hello Sanchez

How does this suggest to you that they will draft sanchez?

Kaylore
04-06-2009, 10:39 PM
http://www.deeko.com/news/wp-content/uploads/noooo.jpg

Play2win
04-06-2009, 10:44 PM
Dammit, McDaniels! We had the perfect trifecta of comedy nickname QBs here and you ruined it!

Between Neckbeard (Orton), The Spleen (Simms), and Short Round (Hackney), we were set at hilarious QB monikers for years to come.

The Three Amebas...

24champ
04-06-2009, 11:32 PM
Hello Sanchez

:barf:

listopencil
04-06-2009, 11:46 PM
Anybody know if the Pats went with two or three QB's?

cabronco
04-07-2009, 12:29 AM
Hello Sanchez

Just say NO to Sancho !

Anaximines
04-07-2009, 01:44 AM
I was always fond of hackney...........

cutthemdown
04-07-2009, 03:00 AM
Why he was even on the team I have no idea. Bkups qbs should be guys who can be starters someday. That way if they get a chance and do well you get to trade them like Eagles did once, like Pats did this yr etc.

To have a scrub like Hackney, obviously not built to play in NFL is stupid to me. Why even waste time with him in camp?

Was Hackney ever on the active roster? When Ramsey was hurt maybe?

Whatever good riddance to Shanny regime scrubs. Time to let Mcdaniels pick his own scrubs!!!!!

cutthemdown
04-07-2009, 03:00 AM
I was always fond of hackney...........

seems like a nice enough guy, just not very good QB and never will be.

Wouldn't be surprised in Hackney's NFL days are over.

Elway148
04-07-2009, 03:45 AM
Hello Sanchez

Hello Curtis Painter!

No Sanchez for you!

Killericon
04-07-2009, 03:49 AM
http://k43.pbase.com/o4/97/320097/1/55504242.vadernooooo.jpg

dbfan21
04-07-2009, 03:54 AM

LOL Those nicknames sound like reject superheroes! Nice work!!

FireFly
04-07-2009, 04:13 AM
Hello Sanchez

If the Lion's go OT and he's there at 12, which is a distinct possibility, I tend to agree. Otherwise, we'll be taking one in round 3 imo. Just a hunch.

rastaman
04-07-2009, 04:36 AM
Yep! Hackney's gone.....no big surprise. Question is when will McDaniels start cutting and dismantling the Offensive Line that Shanahan drafted and developed.

McDaniel's is going "Ghengis Khan" on Coach Shanny's team......plain and simple. Anyone who doesn't realize the current Bronco O-Line won't meet McDaniels demands....ain't paying attention.

McDaniels will be just as effective as Crennel and Mangini once he's able to get his core players into Denver. I expect McDaniels to do no better than 6 - 8 wins during his tenure here as HC.

rastaman
04-07-2009, 04:38 AM
LOL Those nicknames sound like reject superheroes! Nice work!!

I like McDisaster myslef vs McDouche!:thumbs:

cmhargrove
04-07-2009, 07:06 AM

Hackney never had much chance to last through Denver's regime change, but this move leaves the Broncos with only two QBs under contract (Chris Simms, Kyle Orton). It potentially sets the stage for them to add a passer in the draft.

Not that there was any question about this. You know McD will draft at least one QB. It will be interesting to see who he likes, and at what price.

BTW - did anyone see that Ramsey is now a Titan?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
04-07-2009, 07:45 AM
Yep! Hackney's gone.....no big surprise. Question is when will McDaniels start cutting and dismantling the Offensive Line that Shanahan drafted and developed.

McDaniel's is going "Ghengis Khan" on Coach Shanny's team......plain and simple. Anyone who doesn't realize the current Bronco O-Line won't meet McDaniels demands....ain't paying attention.

McDaniels will be just as effective as Crennel and Mangini once he's able to get his core players into Denver. I expect McDaniels to do no better than 6 - 8 wins during his tenure here as HC.

:stupid:

Garcia Bronco
04-07-2009, 07:49 AM
Why do people want Sanchez? Because you know his name?

randomtask
04-07-2009, 07:52 AM
I guess I need a new Adopt-a-Bronco...

TheElusiveKyleOrton
04-07-2009, 07:53 AM
Why do people want Sanchez? Because you know his name?

So they can keep and re-brand their #6 jerseys.

BroncoInSkinland
04-07-2009, 07:53 AM
Damn, I always liked Hackney. I remember watching a preseason game where he had to run for it, and it took quite a bit to drag him down, I think one of the announcers said something like "It's like trying to tackle a bowling ball". Oh well, it is what it is. Can I wish this player good luck in the future without being told I am not a real fan, and to go join another team, or is that still off limits?

azbroncfan
04-07-2009, 08:09 AM

I was thinking more on the lines that he is racist too.

The Joker
04-07-2009, 08:10 AM
Graham Harrell will be a Bronco on Day 2 of the draft I reckon.

Be disappointed if we spend a Day 1 pick on a QB, just doesn't make sense after getting Orton if you ask me.

Let Orton and Simms fight it out, and draft a developmental guy in the midrounds.

Beantown Bronco
04-07-2009, 08:11 AM
Weird. Why wasn't this cut made weeks ago? or a few weeks/months later depending on what they do in the draft? Why this particular week? Strange.

Rohirrim
04-07-2009, 08:14 AM
This just clears the way for the return of Mustard. !Booya!

Kaylore
04-07-2009, 09:26 AM
Weird. Why wasn't this cut made weeks ago? or a few weeks/months later depending on what they do in the draft? Why this particular week? Strange.

I personally think it's because Hackney couldn't digest the new system that's being implemented and they quickly realized he didn't offer enough in the other departments to warrant staying on the team.

Man-Goblin
04-07-2009, 09:35 AM
I think it's because McDaniels wanted at least two QBs in the house and when he got Orton he didn't need Hackney.

Mogulseeker
04-07-2009, 09:38 AM
Hackney is short. If he were taller, he could've been another Culpepper.

USMCBladerunner
04-07-2009, 09:41 AM
Anybody know if the Pats went with two or three QB's?

three...Brady, Cassel, OConnell

vancejohnson82
04-07-2009, 09:42 AM

this post is about Darrel Hackney right???

am I missing something?

no, you are just going to every thread with the same canned Anti-McDaniels approach....but when you do it in a thread about the cutting of a 3rd string QB who will NEVER play a snap in the NFL, you really make yourself look foolish

Man-Goblin
04-07-2009, 09:44 AM

http://www.coolest-gadgets.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/10/zoltar.jpg

Killericon
04-07-2009, 09:55 AM
I think they realized he's a camp arm.

DenverBroncosJM
04-07-2009, 10:01 AM
Graham Harrell will be a Bronco on Day 2 of the draft I reckon.

Be disappointed if we spend a Day 1 pick on a QB, just doesn't make sense after getting Orton if you ask me.

Let Orton and Simms fight it out, and draft a developmental guy in the midrounds.

Im hoping for Harrell too. I just dont buy the whole I throw for 16,000 yards and what 150 touchdowns..but I wont be good in the NFL

Beantown Bronco
04-07-2009, 10:08 AM
I think it's because McDaniels wanted at least two QBs in the house and when he got Orton he didn't need Hackney.

?

Same day they got Orton, they lost Cutler, so there was no net change in # of QBs on the roster.

broncswin
04-07-2009, 10:08 AM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

And I would be very suprised and dissapointed if we got Sanchez, we don't need him, go with a latter round guy in the draft and hope to strike gold McD, what a waste that would be to lose a pick on dirty Sanchez:pimp:

broncswin
04-07-2009, 10:10 AM
I like McDisaster myslef vs McDouche!:thumbs:

I personally like Coach, but what ever tickles your nutsack;)

lod01
04-07-2009, 10:31 AM
Why the hell would any coach take the Denver job only to cut Darrell Hackney!?

Why would you keep an athletic QB? They have no skills as far as passing the ball. Can't read a defense. Running when they should be passing. McDaniels doesn't have time for a hack like hackney. Great move. Let him wallow somewhere like JAX or Tenn.

lod01
04-07-2009, 10:32 AM

Another reason to cut him.

ScottXray
04-07-2009, 10:45 AM

Because we now have our true Number 1 and 2 QB or Backups #1 and #2.

Letting him go now is more a favor to the player....it is now KNOWN that he won't make this team with certainty. More time for reality to set in and a job as a bowling coach at the local Brunswick center to be sought out.:thumbs:

Man-Goblin
04-07-2009, 10:49 AM
?

Same day they got Orton, they lost Cutler, so there was no net change in # of QBs on the roster.

Cutler wasn't exactly at the facility.

El Guapo
04-07-2009, 11:04 AM
Finally got rid of that UAB scum! WOOooohoo! :thumbs:

Beantown Bronco
04-07-2009, 11:07 AM
The timing still bugs me. Hackney was never going to be more than a number three. Nothing changed in the last 48 hours to alter that. The Cutler trade never changed it. The signings of Simms and Orton never changed it.

McDaniels had to know within a week or two of joining the team that Hackney wasn't going to cut it. It's not like he got any new film on the kid in the last few days that all of a sudden made him make the call now. And he hasn't "coached him up" on the field at all this week, so it can't be that he just got the visual info needed to realize he couldn't run the offense.

Teams don't have to be down to a certain roster size for months, so it's not that. And as far as giving him time to land elsewhere.....well then, why didn't he give him as much time as all the guys that he cut before FA began?

Forget it. I actually just heard on the light rail that McDaniels caught him in bed with "the wife" over the weekend. Now it's all starting to make sense.

TheReverend
04-07-2009, 11:37 AM
I personally think it's because Hackney couldn't digest the new system that's being implemented and they quickly realized he didn't offer enough in the other departments to warrant staying on the team.

Without a mini camp to show for it, who knows?

It's Hackney, so who really cares, but I agree with Beantown that the timing is strange.

Did some other scrub QB become available that they want to rush into Dove Valley?

24champ
04-07-2009, 11:51 AM
Without a mini camp to show for it, who knows?

It's Hackney, so who really cares, but I agree with Beantown that the timing is strange.

Did some other scrub QB become available that they want to rush into Dove Valley?

Probably got released because Hackney wasn't returning phone calls to McDaniels and Bowlen...

oubronco
04-07-2009, 04:15 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Hilarious!

listopencil
04-07-2009, 04:26 PM
three...Brady, Cassel, OConnell

Uh oh...

Although I should say I'm in favor of three QB's myself. A definite starter, a capable backup and a developmental player. I'm hoping that if we do get another QB it's a #3 guy.

broncos-rock
04-07-2009, 04:32 PM
I would'nt be surprised if we did'nt bring in Andrew Walter after he gets cut from the raiders. He has had zero coaching and seems like he is a player that McDaniels could work with.

Gort
04-09-2009, 12:17 AM
http://www.coolest-gadgets.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/10/zoltar.jpg

rep for some clever humor :thumbs: