PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs win grievance vs LJ release pending?

HEAV
04-06-2009, 12:37 PM
The NFLPA revealed Monday that the Chiefs have won their grievance against Larry Johnson for breach of contract and are no longer obligated to pay his previously guaranteed $3.75 million salary.

The Kansas City Star reported late last month that the Chiefs "probably" would release Johnson if they won. There is still a chance they'll keep L.J., however. KC's only backs behind him are Jamaal Charles, Kolby Smith, Dantrell Savage, and Jackie Battle. Releasing Johnson would create another gaping need on a team with a roster full of them.

Kaylore
04-06-2009, 12:40 PM
Every little bit helps. I know I'd go after that guy for stealing from me. Done and done.

supermanhr9
04-06-2009, 12:41 PM
how bad of an idea would it be to take a chance on him????? On second thought, nevermind he's a cancer

Beantown Bronco
04-06-2009, 01:11 PM
You can buy a lot of diapers with $3.75 mil.

Bob's your Information Minister
04-06-2009, 01:14 PM
I don't see how we can cut LJ. We have too many holes to create another one. We don't have starting quality running backs on the roster. Charles is a role player.

bronco militia
04-06-2009, 01:18 PM
there's not too many white republicans left in denver

Karenin
04-06-2009, 02:12 PM
I don't see how we can cut LJ. We have too many holes to create another one. We don't have starting quality running backs on the roster. Charles is a role player.

Having LJ on the roster doesn't change this.

cutthemdown
04-06-2009, 02:14 PM

The only reason would be in Chiefs feel he is a cancer and will damage the locker room? Losing LJ for nothing would be a pretty big blow IMO. Most of his troubles last couple yrs were because the blocking went down hill. Maybe Pioli feels Chiefs a yr or 2 away from competing and no reason to put up with LJ.

Bronx33
04-06-2009, 03:21 PM
Will he play and pick up some extra hours at a cell phone kiosk?

Florida_Bronco
04-06-2009, 03:31 PM

Rep.

Bob's your Information Minister
04-06-2009, 08:37 PM

LJ averaged 4.5 YPC last year behind one of the worst lines in the league.

He had two runs over 60 yards and a 48-yard run thrown in to boot.

But yeah, nothing special.

snowspot66
04-06-2009, 08:44 PM
Even you know his wheels fell off a couple years ago.

No sense paying for him.

BMarsh615
04-06-2009, 09:15 PM
LJ averaged 4.5 YPC last year behind one of the worst lines in the league.

He had two runs over 60 yards and a 48-yard run thrown in to boot.

But yeah, nothing special.

I think most of those yards came against us. That is not a big accomplishment.ROFL!

Archer81
04-06-2009, 09:54 PM

You dont see alot of things, Bob. Thats what happens when you mix limited intelligence and inbreeding.

:Broncos:

peacepipe
04-07-2009, 12:46 AM
What was all this over?

SouthStndJunkie
04-07-2009, 12:50 AM
I have always said that Larry Johnson plays great when he is mad at the world.

For some reason, the dude needs something to be pissed at in order to play like he is capable of.

If he gets cut or traded and somebody signs him to an incentive based deal, he will feel slighted and play pissed and run great for a while.

I knew when he got that big deal he would not be the same back....he had nothing to be angry about.

BroncoBuff
04-07-2009, 12:51 AM
Someday off in the future, I would love to see old men Larry Johnson, Ashley Lelie and Jake Plummer sitting on the Snake's Idaho ranch and reminiscing about all the millions they threw away because they refused to play a child's game by the rules .... :~ohyah!:

Tom A Hawk
04-07-2009, 06:53 AM
You dont see alot of things, Bob. Thats what happens when you mix limited intelligence and inbreeding.

:Broncos:

exactly, he has been told about the inbreeding, but he comes over to the Mane and let's you guys f--- with him all the time.