PDA

View Full Version : How Much Are Parking Tickets in Your City?

SportinOne
04-06-2009, 11:07 AM
The City of Madison has been, for lack of a more accurate term, raping me as of late with parking tickets. The problem is that I have a residential parking permit for all of the streets in my area, which means that i can park for 2 days at a time and not move. However, the street RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY DOOR is just a plain old 2 hour zone no matter what. I like to tell myself that I'll move my car in the morning before class but sometimes I throw the dice. Almost always, i get nailed. What's the definition of insanity again?

My laziness aside, I'd like to know how much the standard 2-hour zone (or whatever time frame they give you) parking tickets are in your city.

It just seems like 30 dollars is a lot to pay in a city as small as Madison.

Beantown Bronco
04-06-2009, 11:10 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/l91ISfcuzDw&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/l91ISfcuzDw&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

TheElusiveKyleOrton
04-06-2009, 11:12 AM
$20 in Denver. $40 if you don't pay it in time.

And Madison... that's a damn PARTY CITY, dude... I hope you're worried about more than just parking tickets... like getting some strange.

OBF1
04-06-2009, 11:14 AM
I have no idea how much parking tickets are in Los Angeles. I am not lazy nor do I try to beat the system.

SonOfLe-loLang
04-06-2009, 11:22 AM
I have no idea how much parking tickets are in Los Angeles. I am not lazy nor do I try to beat the system.

I got one here when my meter ran out and i believe it was 40 bucks

SportinOne
04-06-2009, 11:22 AM
$20 in Denver. $40 if you don't pay it in time.

And Madison... that's a damn PARTY CITY, dude... I hope you're worried about more than just parking tickets... like getting some strange.

You are right about that. These kids just don't stop! Gettin' strange is fun when you don't have a girlfriend. Some might even argue that it's fun either way... :twokisses But i'm over the party scene, or at least the type of party scene that goes on here. I like to get a different type of strange these days..

Peoples Champ
04-06-2009, 11:33 AM
I am not sure, but any college town is going to get you with tonz of parking tickets. I went to school in bloomington, IN at IU. It was said that Bloomington made more money in parking tickets than Indianapolis, and bloomington is like 1/20th the size.

enjolras
04-06-2009, 11:40 AM
Aren't they $25/$50 in Denver now? That was my latest parking ticket at least:)

SportinOne
04-06-2009, 12:03 PM
I am not sure, but any college town is going to get you with tonz of parking tickets. I went to school in bloomington, IN at IU. It was said that Bloomington made more money in parking tickets than Indianapolis, and bloomington is like 1/20th the size.

Yeah, i thought i was getting away with something when some friends of mine bought parking spots for 90 dollars a month and I paid the 20 dollar annual fee for the residential permit. I still came out ahead but it's nice to have a sure thing, especially up here in the winter.... The parking situation gets even more nasty than the weather.

Bronx33
04-06-2009, 12:08 PM
I had a 50 dollars ticket downtown for no front licence plate.

Los Broncos
04-06-2009, 12:12 PM
I just paid one I got, didn't have a front plate on my car for 4 years (Bronco plate), came out to go to work one morning and had a ticket.

$82.00 big ones....

SportinOne
04-06-2009, 12:18 PM
82 dollars for not having a front plate!?!?

That is almost unbearable.

Los Broncos
04-06-2009, 12:20 PM
82 dollars for not having a front plate!?!?

That is almost unbearable.

Your telling me, I have lived here for 7 years and never had a problem.

All I can think of it that the state or county has no money and is nic picking people now, otherwise they wouldn't care.

Bronx33
04-06-2009, 12:22 PM
It's just a money making business they have those clowns driving around in jeeps handing tickets out like candy they also have guys walking it's quite the scam.

SonOfLe-loLang
04-06-2009, 12:47 PM
Your telling me, I have lived here for 7 years and never had a problem.

All I can think of it that the state or county has no money and is nic picking people now, otherwise they wouldn't care.

wow, that much? i got tagged for the same thing, but i think it was 50 bucks....OC, man!

Los Broncos
04-06-2009, 01:03 PM
wow, that much? i got tagged for the same thing, but i think it was 50 bucks....OC, man!

Yeah, its insane man.

GoBroncos DownUnder
04-06-2009, 02:17 PM
Pittsburgh - overstaying at a parking meter ... get ready, it's a big one ... grand total of $10!

cutthemdown
04-06-2009, 02:49 PM
Not sure but I think I remember it being 38 bucks or something like that.

They nickle and dime us to death in America. Pay for parking, pay for parking tickets, pay for toll roads, pay taxes on everything from Alcohol and ciggs to the clothes on your back. Don't forget 30 odd % right off the top for taxes.

Car registration, insurance, by the time we get to spend our money there is hardly anything left!!!!!!!!!

The only possible way to make it is to cheat on our taxes like all the politicians obviously do. Hell even the Treasury Secretary did.

SportinOne
04-06-2009, 02:57 PM
It's just a money making business they have those clowns driving around in jeeps handing tickets out like candy they also have guys walking it's quite the scam.

I completely agree, and excellent use of the word "clown" I might add.

I got back at 'em today, though. I saw that one of the clowns had marked a few cars on my street with chalk (on the tires), so i basically just removed every trace of it. I don't care if they recognize the car or not, I don't think they are legally able to write a ticket if there is no chalk. FloridaBronco may have some insight.

ElwayMD
04-06-2009, 03:17 PM
$40 in the Alexandria, VA area. I swear it's how they make their money with all the different parking zones and meter colors. You have to have a 100 page manual just to understand what each color of the rainbow means as far as parking.

Florida_Bronco
04-06-2009, 03:39 PM
I completely agree, and excellent use of the word "clown" I might add.

I got back at 'em today, though. I saw that one of the clowns had marked a few cars on my street with chalk (on the tires), so i basically just removed every trace of it. I don't care if they recognize the car or not, I don't think they are legally able to write a ticket if there is no chalk. FloridaBronco may have some insight.

If there is no chalk, I can't see any legal way they could ticket/tow the car since they can't prove the car hasn't moved. That's not to say they may not try it just out of spite though. A better idea, if you're willing to go through the trouble, might be to get your own piece of chalk and put it in a different spot on the tire.

Binkythefrog
04-06-2009, 03:49 PM
50 here in chicago... up to 150 for some violations.. like parking in front of an alley or some handicapped spots

jutang
04-06-2009, 03:57 PM
Street cleaning violation in LA is $58. Now I'm scared to see how much actual violations cost.

colonelbeef
04-06-2009, 04:44 PM
$75 for alternate side street sweeping (4x a week per block) and $150 if you are within 15 ft of a hydrant. Double parking is $105 I believe but it may have gone up.

Cito Pelon
04-06-2009, 04:47 PM
It's not real difficult to obey the parking laws.

Circle Orange
04-06-2009, 05:33 PM
In DC, stationary parking violations go from $35 to $50.

Driving violations (running stop signs, intersections) are $100 and potentially 2 points off license.