PDA

View Full Version : MHR on cutler, orton, mcdaniels

tsiguy96
04-06-2009, 08:57 AM
very interesting and good read:

http://www.milehighreport.com/2009/4/4/822484/evaluations-cutler-orton-mcdaniels

before anyone bitches about how wrong it is read the whole article...

TheElusiveKyleOrton
04-06-2009, 09:21 AM
Excellent read. Well broken down, as always, by MHR.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
04-06-2009, 09:22 AM
Some of the comments are eye-opening as well, such as the disparity between Cutler and Orton's red zone passer rating and last-two-minutes passer rating...

Bronco Boy
04-06-2009, 09:32 AM
Great article. Makes a lot of sense.

Houshyamama
04-06-2009, 09:35 AM
I like MHR.

BroncoInferno
04-06-2009, 09:35 AM
You know, the comparison to "bad-luck" pitchers in baseball is not perfect, but interesting. Might Jay's defensive cohorts have subconsciously played less-hard for Jay than they would have other QBs? Not sure I buy that, but it is an interesting question to pose.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
04-06-2009, 09:36 AM
You know, the comparison to "bad-luck" pitchers in baseball is not perfect, but interesting. Might Jay's defensive cohorts have subconsciously played less-hard for Jay than they would have other QBs? Not sure I buy that, but it is an interesting question to pose.

Very interesting, especially with reports that the defense felt completely short-changed and overlooked by everyone, in favor of the offense.

BroncoInferno
04-06-2009, 09:38 AM
Some of the comments are eye-opening as well, such as the disparity between Cutler and Orton's red zone passer rating and last-two-minutes passer rating...

Orton's is also 101.8 in the last two minutes of the half

Cutlerís is 83.6

Orton's also 96.0 in the red zone.

Cutler is 74.1.

Very interesting indeed.

Natedogg
04-06-2009, 09:40 AM
MHR rules.

Natedogg
04-06-2009, 09:49 AM
Do any regular MHR contributors (authors?) post on the OM?

OABB
04-06-2009, 09:55 AM
This actually was an interesting take. Being a huge fan of the Mane, I imagined I had heard every theory at least 4,000 times, but this article provided a somewhat fresh viewpoint.

Although in theory it sounds just like a popps post, it wasn't condescending, arrogant, whiney or biased. I think the guru should post here way more than he does.

He usually shows up to link his page, but he really should help to smooth out the idiocy that is rampant lately.

Natedogg
04-06-2009, 10:11 AM
This actually was an interesting take. Being a huge fan of the Mane, I imagined I had heard every theory at least 4,000 times, but this article provided a somewhat fresh viewpoint.

Although in theory it sounds just like a popps post, it wasn't condescending, arrogant, whiney or biased. I think the guru should post here way more than he does.

He usually shows up to link his page, but he really should help to smooth out the idiocy that is rampant lately.

I think that's why he started his own site.

bombquixote
04-06-2009, 10:19 AM
That was a great article. Speaking on John Elway's ability to motivate and inspire his teammates with his own will to win as one of the true keys to his greatness:

"His biggest play in the biggest game of his life was not a pretty pass but the helicopter first down."

Exactly. And precisely what we didn't see in Cutler.

USMCBladerunner
04-06-2009, 10:22 AM
The leadership angle is absolutely the right one to take when finding reasons to justify trading Jay. His displays were becoming more and more apparent and troubling. I find the idea that this whole thing was orchestrated by McDaniels to be totally without merit. I'm sure that whatever doubts McDaniels had about Cutler were confirmed buring the past month, but there is no way this whole thing was manipulated by the Broncos FO to run out the way it did.

However, the unlucky pitcher analogy is crap. A far more logical explanation is that the pitcher with the better ERA but fewer wins was that he was going against better pitching himself, as this is usually the case.