PDA

View Full Version : Chicago's getting the 2007 Cutler

TheElusiveKyleOrton
04-06-2009, 08:47 AM
With their o-line problems and poor receiving options, aren't the Bears getting the 2007 model Cutler?

In 2007, with half our o-line on injured reserve and only Marshall as a legit receiving option (Stokley in the slot as well, but Rod Smith was done), Cutler fumbled 11 times, was sacked 27 times, and threw 14 picks.

Isn't THAT the Cutler Chicago is getting? They're so infatuated with last season's passing statistics, but that was with Royal, Marshall, Stokley and Scheff, PLUS an o-line that gave up only 11 sacks. He's not going to be sacked that little in Chicago...

Anyway, just a thought.

broncswin
04-06-2009, 08:51 AM
agree

Archer81
04-06-2009, 08:52 AM
Ooh snap...he had undiagnosed diabetes that year, so he really faded as the year went along. He may get knocked around that much and might turn it over 25 times though.

:Broncos:

BMarsh615
04-06-2009, 08:54 AM
The 2007 Cutler played with untreated diabetes.

Gcver2ver3
04-06-2009, 08:58 AM
With their o-line problems and poor receiving options, aren't the Bears getting the 2007 model Cutler?

In 2007, with half our o-line on injured reserve and only Marshall as a legit receiving option (Stokley in the slot as well, but Rod Smith was done), Cutler fumbled 11 times, was sacked 27 times, and threw 14 picks.

Isn't THAT the Cutler Chicago is getting? They're so infatuated with last season's passing statistics, but that was with Royal, Marshall, Stokley and Scheff, PLUS an o-line that gave up only 11 sacks. He's not going to be sacked that little in Chicago...

Anyway, just a thought.

i wouldn't say all that...

Cutler is a better player now than 07...he's learned more...

Cutler being sacked only 11 times has to also be credited to Cutler's pocket awareness and escapability...he's very good at that, plus he forced throws in order to avoid sacks (almost to a fault)...don't get me wrong, our o-line is terrific, but the o-line can't get ALL the credit for the low sack total...

plus, he was playing with undiagnosed diabetes...

Rohirrim
04-06-2009, 09:03 AM
Cutler has one of the best arms I've ever seen. Unfortunately, I think that gives him the confidence (maybe over-confidence?) to try and zing it in just about anywhere. Not a good trait if your Oline isn't keeping the pressure off. Plus, with the receivers he's got in Chi-Town, it doesn't look like a real good mix on paper. I guess by week eight we'll have a pretty good idea.

broncswin
04-06-2009, 09:05 AM
That is true that culter has good escapability and we will miss a qb that can scramble for a first if needed(not orton), but the thing we will not miss is the forced throws to keep from getting sacked. The other thing that drove me frickin nuts with cutler was anytime he had to lead a wr down the field he couldn't fing do it. The guy didn't know if he should put air under it and lead the guy or put it on a line. He missed so many opportunities down the field, so when Chicago says they have a guy that can finally throw the long ball their right; they just forgot to worry about the most important part-------------ACCURACY!!

TheElusiveKyleOrton
04-06-2009, 09:05 AM
Cutler has one of the best arms I've ever seen. Unfortunately, I think that gives him the confidence (maybe over-confidence?) to try and zing it in just about anywhere. Not a good trait if your Oline isn't keeping the pressure off. Plus, with the receivers he's got in Chi-Town, it doesn't look like a real good mix on paper. I guess by week eight we'll have a pretty good idea.

You know what else we'll get by week 8? Midseason "who won the trade" talks on every football show on the planet.

Shoot me.

SportinOne
04-06-2009, 09:31 AM
You guys are delusional.

The Bears are getting a 4th year quarterback fresh off of a pro bowl season. He is coming into an offensive system that is not nearly as complicated as Shanahans, so the learning time won't be quite as long. He won't be passing as much, and they have Forte who will be sure to open up passing lanes. On the other end, they have to respect Cutler's arm as well. The Bears are going to be better than us next year. That's just something you all are going to have to deal with. If you really think Cutler is that bad, I don't know why you are worrying about it. You should be ecstatic that we got all those picks and Cutler should be but a dot in your review mirror.

Leave the sour grapes threads to us who actually wanted him around, and still do.

SportinOne
04-06-2009, 09:33 AM
That is true that culter has good escapability and we will miss a qb that can scramble for a first if needed(not orton), but the thing we will not miss is the forced throws to keep from getting sacked. The other thing that drove me frickin nuts with cutler was anytime he had to lead a wr down the field he couldn't fing do it. The guy didn't know if he should put air under it and lead the guy or put it on a line. He missed so many opportunities down the field, so when Chicago says they have a guy that can finally throw the long ball their right; they just forgot to worry about the most important part-------------ACCURACY!!

Accuracy, an attribute of Cutler's that has been praised TIME AND TIME AGAIN by many of scouts, players, coaches, and oh yeah, fans on the orange mane.

broncswin
04-06-2009, 09:37 AM
Accuracy, an attribute of Cutler's that has been praised TIME AND TIME AGAIN by many of scouts, players, coaches, and oh yeah, fans on the orange mane.

Do you agree or disagree with this

Beantown Bronco

Short and medium distance passes is one thing, but I believe he is referring to his deep ball accuracy in the post above. He is very inaccurate with the deep ball.

broncswin
Short and medium distance passes is one thing, but I believe he is referring to his deep ball accuracy in the post above. He is very inaccurate with the deep ball.

someone gets it:yayaya:

Rohirrim
04-06-2009, 09:39 AM
You guys are delusional.

The Bears are getting a 4th year quarterback fresh off of a pro bowl season. He is coming into an offensive system that is not nearly as complicated as Shanahans, so the learning time won't be quite as long. He won't be passing as much, and they have Forte who will be sure to open up passing lanes. On the other end, they have to respect Cutler's arm as well. The Bears are going to be better than us next year. That's just something you all are going to have to deal with. If you really think Cutler is that bad, I don't know why you are worrying about it. You should be ecstatic that we got all those picks and Cutler should be but a dot in your review mirror.

Leave the sour grapes threads to us who actually wanted him around, and still do.

I don't really care if the Bears are better than the Broncos. They're not in our division. Who said Cutler is "bad?" Frankly, I could care less what happens to Cutler now, but it makes for interesting football speculation, which I think is what this board is all about. If I was a Miami fan (ugh!) on a Fishhead board, I'd probably be talking about it too. It's the most interesting football topic going on right now. I'll leave the sour grapes to the fans who still have a man crush on Cutler. That ain't me.

RMT
04-06-2009, 09:40 AM
the broncos divisional opponents defenses were #25, #27, and #31 ... the bears divisional opponents defenses were #6, #20, and #32 ... and for all the stuff we keep hearing about the bears "good/great defense" - it was #21 last year, hardly "good/great"

and cutler's 13-1 record when opponents score 21 points or less is designed to sway naysayers into placing more blame on the broncos' defense for cutler's less than stellar 17-20 record as a starter. truth is, jake plummer was 39-5 using the same criteria ... AND the broncos' offense was #8 in the league last year in turnovers and #16 in scoring despite being #2 in total yardage. that suggests a less than efficient offense. what's cutler going to do behind an inferior o-line with a marginal WR corp against better divisional defenses? time will tell.

broncswin
04-06-2009, 09:40 AM
You guys are delusional.

No sour grapes here, I was pissed with long ball accuracy for the last two years...didn't know there was a club for you guys though. :wave:

Cito Pelon
04-06-2009, 10:05 AM

But not on the long ball down the sideline.

broncofan2438
04-06-2009, 10:08 AM
You guys are delusional.

Sad, but true. Bowlen will regret this

Pick Six
04-06-2009, 10:11 AM
He may struggle. The Bears O-line won't give Cutler the protection to throw into triple coverage...:)

broncofan2438
04-06-2009, 10:14 AM
He may struggle. The Bears O-line won't give Cutler the protection to throw into triple coverage...:)

Even with the signing of Pace?

RMT
04-06-2009, 10:16 AM

pace will be an upgrade over what the bears had last year, but he's nowhere near what he once was. the bears lost BOTH offensive tackles from last year's unit.

i'd be more worried about their WR corp (or lack thereof). it's one of the worst in the league. and during his press conference, cutler was comparing it favorably to what he had in denver. what an idiot.

snowspot66
04-06-2009, 10:18 AM
Cutler will get around 3,600 yards, 20 TDs and 15 INTs this next year.

If he stays healthy. Probably puts it on the ground 7 or 8 times too.

He has the talent to put up ok stats but everything around him is inferior with the exception of Forte. The running games are about equal.

Rohirrim
04-06-2009, 10:21 AM

The odds that Pace can play sixteen games are very low. How many games has he played in the last three years, twelve?

SportinOne
04-06-2009, 10:24 AM
I will agree with the fact that Cutler didn't complete a whole lot of BOMB passes, but how many quarterbacks outside of the ones who have had the luxury of receivers like Fitzgerald and Moss do? You also have to remember that Marshall isn't exactly a burner. Royal is pretty darn fast but how many times did we send him deep? If THAT'S your argument here I think that's pretty nitpicky.

Cutler's real strength lies in the fact that hey can get balls to receivers about 25 to 30 yards downfield faster than most anyone. As soon as the receiver gets open the ball gets there. I'm sure he will improve his long ball with time.

I know what you guys are saying but I couldn't resist...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ayItjFT9dQw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ayItjFT9dQw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

RMT
04-06-2009, 10:27 AM
I will agree with the fact that Cutler didn't complete a whole lot of BOMB passes, but how many quarterbacks outside of the ones who have had the luxury of receivers like Fitzgerald and Moss do? You also have to remember that Marshall isn't exactly a burner. Royal is pretty darn fast but how many times did we send him deep? If THAT'S your argument here I think that's pretty nitpicky.

Cutler's real strength lies in the fact that hey can get balls to receivers about 25 to 30 yards downfield faster than most anyone. As soon as the receiver gets open the ball gets there. I'm sure he will improve his long ball with time.

I know what you guys are saying but I couldn't resist...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ayItjFT9dQw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ayItjFT9dQw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

his long ball won't improve much unless the bears get a better group of WRs.

SportinOne
04-06-2009, 10:27 AM
Cutler will get around 3,600 yards, 20 TDs and 15 INTs this next year.

If he stays healthy. Probably puts it on the ground 7 or 8 times too.

He has the talent to put up ok stats but everything around him is inferior with the exception of Forte. The running games are about equal.

He's not going to throw the ball 600 times for the Bears like he did for the Broncos.

His Int/Attempt was actually not that bad last year, he just threw a TON of passes. Ask Drew Brees how that works.

Also, in an effort to conserve threads, didn't the Bears get a pretty solid OT in the draft last year? Chris Williams was it?

In regards to Cutler talking up his new teammates... Come on, that's PR. What did you expect him to say?

"Yeah, so I had probably the best Oline in football last year and now I'm going to have to deal with this ****... Sucks.... I just wanna go back to Denver..."

RMT
04-06-2009, 10:30 AM
He's not going to throw the ball 600 times for the Bears like he did for the Broncos.

His Int/Attempt was actually not that bad last year, he just threw a TON of passes. Ask Drew Brees how that works.

Also, in an effort to conserve threads, didn't the Bears get a pretty solid OT in the draft last year? Chris Williams was it?

In regards to Cutler talking up his new teammates... Come on, that's PR. What did you expect him to say?

"Yeah, so I had probably the best Oline in football last year and now I'm going to have to deal with this ****... Sucks.... I just wanna go back to Denver..."

all those yards (#2 overall) and #16 in scoring ... the bears offense under orton was #16 in yards, #11 in scoring.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
04-06-2009, 10:33 AM
Don't miss the MHR write-up of the whole thing. Includes some gems in the comments.

Orton's passer rating in the red zone: 96.0
Cutler's: 74.1

Orton's passer rating in the last two minutes of a half: 101.8
Cutler's: 83.6

SportinOne
04-06-2009, 10:33 AM
the broncos divisional opponents defenses were #25, #27, and #31 ... the bears divisional opponents defenses were #6, #20, and #32 ... and for all the stuff we keep hearing about the bears "good/great defense" - it was #21 last year, hardly "good/great"

and cutler's 13-1 record when opponents score 21 points or less is designed to sway naysayers into placing more blame on the broncos' defense for cutler's less than stellar 17-20 record as a starter. truth is, jake plummer was 39-5 using the same criteria ... AND the broncos' offense was #8 in the league last year in turnovers and #16 in scoring despite being #2 in total yardage. that suggests a less than efficient offense. what's cutler going to do behind an inferior o-line with a marginal WR corp against better divisional defenses? time will tell.

Cutler had a pretty solid game against the Packers in a year where they went to the NFC championship game and their secondary was VERY tough.

He was injured against the Lions, but obviously they are awful and will be awful for a while.

Against the Vikings, he went 26/37 and 2TD.

SportinOne
04-06-2009, 10:35 AM
all those yards (#2 overall) and #16 in scoring ... the bears offense under orton was #16 in yards, #11 in scoring.

That doesn't even address what I was talking about. When did I claim that he was good because he put up yards?

I said he wasn't as bad in the interception category as people think because the high number is misleading. Only 2 quarterbacks threw more than 600 passes last season and both had more than 15 picks.

broncofan2438
04-06-2009, 10:44 AM
pace will be an upgrade over what the bears had last year, but he's nowhere near what he once was. the bears lost BOTH offensive tackles from last year's unit.

i'd be more worried about their WR corp (or lack thereof). it's one of the worst in the league. and during his press conference, cutler was comparing it favorably to what he had in denver. what an idiot.

True, i really can't believe he compared our receivers to theirs. Cook probably told him what to say.

colonelbeef
04-06-2009, 10:48 AM
You guys are delusional.

QFT. Thank god someone in here has some god damned sense. Just because our stupid team traded him doesn't make him any less a player. In 2007 Cutler was barely 24 years old, in his first year starting, and playing with untreated diabetes. They are getting the healthier, more experienced Pro Bowl QB with a 4500 yard season under his belt and every reason to play, and play hard. OP is so lost it is comical

USMCBladerunner
I doubt it...Cutler improved in a lot of ways...health being the most significant. I think he'll see more pressure and have less effective safety valves, but as a QB he's still improving over time.

Cito Pelon

Sheesh. There's stat sites you can check this first before you go running away with it like Jamie Winborn after assisting on a tackle. Jay's INT% was pretty bad last year. 2.9% is not good at all. There was only a few QB's worse, actually.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
04-06-2009, 10:49 AM
QFT. Thank god someone in here has some god damned sense. Just because our stupid team traded him doesn't make him any less a player. In 2007 Cutler was barely 24 years old, in his first year starting, and playing with untreated diabetes. They are getting the healthier, more experienced Pro Bowl QB with a 4500 yard season under his belt and every reason to play, and play hard. OP is so lost it is comical

Say, how's progress coming on that quote from Cutler about how he didn't formally request a trade from the organization, Sgt. Chicken? Haven't seen it yet...

Speaking of lost... here's Sarge!

snowspot66
04-06-2009, 10:50 AM

Solid OT? Chris Williams hasn't played a snap because of back surgery. It's questionable if he ever will.

I would hope his INT% was in line with Brees' considering how much time he had to throw. HE WON'T HAVE THAT TIME ANYMORE. He's going to get picked a lot more in Chicago. They don't have anybody capable of protecting him.

Defenders are going to start really trash talking him. Moreso than usual because they'll believe they can get in his head and I happen to think they can. He won't get protection and his WR's suck. He's going to be yelling a lot next year and piss off a lot of teammates. I don't predict a great year for Cutler. He'll be missing Denver by week 5.

colonelbeef
04-06-2009, 10:53 AM
Say, how's progress coming on that quote from Cutler about how he didn't formally request a trade from the organization, Sgt. Chicken? Haven't seen it yet...

Speaking of lost... here's Sarge!

Have you lost your mind? When did I ever say that I would find a quote from Cutler on that subject whatsoever? Stop making things up, you are embarrassing enough as it is without bringing your halftard imagination into the conversation too.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
04-06-2009, 10:55 AM
Have you lost your mind? When did I ever say that I would find a quote from Cutler on that subject whatsoever? Stop making things up, you are embarrassing enough as it is without bringing your halftard imagination into the conversation too.

You demanded a quote from Cutler, where he formally requested a trade.

I showed you.

You said it wasn't good enough, even though his agent formally requested the trade, and HE ****ING CONFIRMED IT.

I asked you for a quote where Cutler denied formally requesting a trade.

You disappeared.

Funny how that works.

Who's the halftard? Still you. Got it. Thanks.

epicSocialism4tw
04-06-2009, 11:09 AM
Cutler will be fine.

You'll be best suited by not hoping for his failure (which wont happen), but instead to get acclimated to what the Broncos have instead.

RMT
04-06-2009, 11:33 AM
Don't miss the MHR write-up of the whole thing. Includes some gems in the comments.

Orton's passer rating in the red zone: 96.0
Cutler's: 74.1

Orton's passer rating in the last two minutes of a half: 101.8
Cutler's: 83.6

not to mention that Orton put up numbers like that while surrounded by INFERIOR talent compared to what Cutler had to work with.

Rohirrim
04-06-2009, 12:02 PM
What will probably happen is Cutler will get Lovie fired after next season. ;D

RMT
04-06-2009, 12:03 PM
What will probably happen is Cutler will get Lovie fired after next season. ;D

just in time for Shanahan to step in and take over.

SportinOne
04-06-2009, 12:16 PM
Solid OT? Chris Williams hasn't played a snap because of back surgery. It's questionable if he ever will.

I would hope his INT% was in line with Brees' considering how much time he had to throw. HE WON'T HAVE THAT TIME ANYMORE. He's going to get picked a lot more in Chicago. They don't have anybody capable of protecting him.

Defenders are going to start really trash talking him. Moreso than usual because they'll believe they can get in his head and I happen to think they can. He won't get protection and his WR's suck. He's going to be yelling a lot next year and piss off a lot of teammates. I don't predict a great year for Cutler. He'll be missing Denver by week 5.

You got me on the Chris Williams thing. I don't know much about him other than the fact that he was a great prospect.

On the topic of him missing Denver.. He might for a while. Once they get him a weapon or two he'll be alright. He already has a few safety valves in Clark/Olsen, and Forte out of the backfield. In fact, having Forte is probably going to help him in the passing game more than the running game the same way LT and Sproles help Rivers in San Diego. Our running backs have never been good out of the backfield, especially on screens. This is something he's going to love in Chicago with Forte.

jutang
04-06-2009, 12:35 PM
I wish Cutler well and hopes he has success just as I hope the Broncos rebound quickly and get back into the playoffs.

As for Cutler being surround by good/great talent and not having those tools in Chicago, it's true to a certain extent. Cutler fed off his teammates just as his O-Line and WRs fed off him.

As someone has already mentioned, Cutler's pocket awareness was amazing for a 4th yr QB. Yeah, the O-line did a stellar job, but Cutler had that alarm clock in his head on when to get rid of the ball and knew how to shuffle the slightest bit in the pocket to buy him more time. I guarantee you, if Orton throws the ball as much as Cutler, the sack total for the Broncos will be a lot higher.

Cutler had a bevy of targets to pick from. There were so many replays when Cutler's 1st, 2nd, and 3rd options were open. I know I wasn't the only one critical of him when he threw a long incomplete when the medium and short options were open. Cutler though throws some serious lasers with ACCURACY (whoever said he wasn't accurate has very selective memory) that for most QBs the WR isn't an open option. Royal and Marshall are not going get the same amount of balls that they saw last yr, largely b/c Orton won't be able to get it to them.

I expect Cutler not to put up the staggering numbers he put up last yr. Main reason is they have Forte and Cutler won't be chucking it up as much, but he won't have the usual targets and the time to go through every option. Still, I expect him to be a strong candidate for the probowl for many yrs to come.

RMT
04-06-2009, 12:41 PM
I wish Cutler well and hopes he has success just as I hope the Broncos rebound quickly and get back into the playoffs.

As for Cutler being surround by good/great talent and not having those tools in Chicago, it's true to a certain extent. Cutler fed off his teammates just as his O-Line and WRs fed off him.

As someone has already mentioned, Cutler's pocket awareness was amazing for a 4th yr QB. Yeah, the O-line did a stellar job, but Cutler had that alarm clock in his head on when to get rid of the ball and knew how to shuffle the slightest bit in the pocket to buy him more time. I guarantee you, if Orton throws the ball as much as Cutler, the sack total for the Broncos will be a lot higher.

Cutler had a bevy of targets to pick from. There were so many replays when Cutler's 1st, 2nd, and 3rd options were open. I know I wasn't the only one critical of him when he threw a long incomplete when the medium and short options were open. Cutler though throws some serious lasers with ACCURACY (whoever said he wasn't accurate has very selective memory) that for most QBs the WR isn't an open option. Royal and Marshall are not going get the same amount of balls that they saw last yr, largely b/c Orton won't be able to get it to them.

I expect Cutler not to put up the staggering numbers he put up last yr. Main reason is they have Forte and Cutler won't be chucking it up as much, but he won't have the usual targets and the time to go through every option. Still, I expect him to be a strong candidate for the probowl for many yrs to come.

i agree with all but one comment ... royal and marshall are not going to get the same amount of balls they saw last year - NOT largely because orton won't be able to get them the ball but because the broncos will have a healthier running game this year (knock on wood) and mcdaniels won't have orton throw 600+ times over the course of the season.

jutang
04-06-2009, 01:11 PM
i agree with all but one comment ... royal and marshall are not going to get the same amount of balls they saw last year - NOT largely because orton won't be able to get them the ball but because the broncos will have a healthier running game this year (knock on wood) and mcdaniels won't have orton throw 600+ times over the course of the season.

True... man I hope I never see another 7 RBs on IR again!!! The way everything evens out in the end, the broncos should not have any injured running backs for the next 5 yrs.

Steve Sewell
04-06-2009, 01:24 PM
Posts like the OP's are evidence that Broncos fans are desperate to rationalize losing a 25 year old Pro Bowl franchise QB into "we didn't lose that much!" They're all over this board, that's for sure.

RMT
04-06-2009, 01:30 PM
a straight up comparison between cutler and orton is insignificant. a better comparison will be after the draft and upcoming season. and we'll still have the extra #1 next year. the bears will probably make the playoffs, but it's still a 1st round pick.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
04-06-2009, 01:31 PM
Posts like the OP's are evidence that Broncos fans are desperate to rationalize losing a 25 year old Pro Bowl franchise QB into "we didn't lose that much!" They're all over this board, that's for sure.

Actually, it has nothing to do with that. At all.

It has to do with chicago fans managing their expectations. They truly believe they just morphed into a 13 win team because they got Cutler. But with their offensive line and their receivers, I don't think they have.

It's not terribly complicated.

WolfpackGuy
04-06-2009, 01:35 PM
just in time for Shanahan to step in and take over.

Shanahan is a Chicago area guy. Wouldn't surprise me a bit.

rastaman
04-06-2009, 01:58 PM

Does Orton even have the arm to throw the ball deep acurately? From what I read, Orton has an 18.7 QB rating on passes of 25+ yards or more according to NFL.com and Stats.com.

I see Royal and BMarsh throughly frustrated trying to catch Orton's inaccurate passes as the season wears on.

colonelbeef
04-06-2009, 02:16 PM

Absolutely, so transparent. "Bears aren't even getting real Cutler, more hyperbole, blah blah"

ridiculous. just man up and admit the thread's point is total trash, let alone incorrect.

colonelbeef
04-06-2009, 02:21 PM
You demanded a quote from Cutler, where he formally requested a trade.

I showed you.

You said it wasn't good enough, even though his agent formally requested the trade, and HE ****ING CONFIRMED IT.

I asked you for a quote where Cutler denied formally requesting a trade.

You disappeared.

Funny how that works.

Who's the halftard? Still you. Got it. Thanks.

Haha, when does the bull**** and lies cease to come from your mouth?

Cutler himself NEVER ADMITTED TO ASKING FOR A TRADE as of our argument. You never produced jack ****, other than some 3rd hand crap leaked from the FO that supposedly came from the agent.

NOT CUTLER. Stop being such a moron please, wasting my time.

thanks in advance.

epicSocialism4tw
04-06-2009, 02:24 PM
Absolutely, so transparent. "Bears aren't even getting real Cutler, more hyperbole, blah blah"

ridiculous. just man up and admit the thread's point is total trash, let alone incorrect.

True. Cutler will be successful.

Its unfortunate that hes gone. Many Broncos fans will follow his every game and overreact accordingly.

I can see the threads now...

"Cutler throws 2 picks against Vikings!", "Cutler throws for 400 yards!"

Its going to be a ridiculous football season at orangemane.

RMT
04-06-2009, 02:26 PM

Cutler himself NEVER ADMITTED TO ASKING FOR A TRADE as of our argument. You never produced jack ****, other than some 3rd hand crap leaked from the FO that supposedly came from the agent.

thanks in advance.

and you think cutler's credible? the same guy who the night BEFORE the trade told foxsports "i didn't want to be traded. i love denver. i really like my teammates"

and yet his playbook was in denver for his dad to turn in the day after the trade? give me a break. the kid never intended on staying. and he himself didn't ask for a trade - he had his agent do it because cutler didn't have the balls to do it himself.

colonelbeef
04-06-2009, 02:31 PM
and you think cutler's credible? the same guy who the night BEFORE the trade told foxsports "i didn't want to be traded. i love denver. i really like my teammates"

and yet his playbook was in denver for his dad to turn in the day after the trade? give me a break. the kid never intended on staying. and he himself didn't ask for a trade - he had his agent do it because cutler didn't have the balls to do it himself.

quite the contrary, I think he was looking for a new contract, and the agent underestimated how quickly Bowlen could go from passive and in the background to hyper pissed off.

cutthemdown
04-06-2009, 02:33 PM
If Pace can play another yr or 3 and be healthy, and Chris WIlliams back problems go away, then the oline could get much better in Chicago.

Still I think Garza is avg, and the other guard who started last yr, I think a rookie, I'm not familar with, but I read he played poorly.

Lot's of questions on the Bears oline.

RMT
04-06-2009, 02:34 PM
quite the contrary, I think he was looking for a new contract, and the agent underestimated how quickly Bowlen could go from passive and in the background to hyper pissed off.

that's an interesting angle ... he would have gotten a bigger contract here because his numbers most likely would have been better here than in chicago but we'll see. the bears have a weak schedule and the broncos have a nasty one this year. it will be an interesting season.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
04-06-2009, 02:35 PM

thanks in advance.

Gee, sorry Sarge... I'm pretty sure having SEVERAL reports (ESPN, PFT, NFL.com) ALL saying that Cutler "confirmed" that he'd asked his agent to formally request a trade means HE ACTUALLY FORMALLY REQUESTED A TRADE.

Stop being so stupid? Yes, please, stop being so stupid, Sgt. Chicken.

cutthemdown
04-06-2009, 02:35 PM
True. Cutler will be successful.

Its unfortunate that hes gone. Many Broncos fans will follow his every game and overreact accordingly.

I can see the threads now...

"Cutler throws 2 picks against Vikings!", "Cutler throws for 400 yards!"

Its going to be a ridiculous football season at orangemane.

You have got it wrong though!!!!

It will be Cutler throws for 400 yrds and 2 int vs Vikings. He does it all, everygame baby? That's why he is Chicago Barbie.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
04-06-2009, 02:36 PM

You're just wasting Seargent Duck's time with that reasonable, logical post. Hilarious!

Bronx33
04-06-2009, 03:27 PM

What the hell is pace going to do?

Orange_Beard
04-06-2009, 03:29 PM
At least his team will have a defense.

Bronx33
04-06-2009, 03:37 PM
At least his team will have a defense.

It better for his sake or it will be no different than here they were giving up 20 pts a game in 08.

colonelbeef
04-06-2009, 03:51 PM
that's an interesting angle ... he would have gotten a bigger contract here because his numbers most likely would have been better here than in chicago but we'll see. the bears have a weak schedule and the broncos have a nasty one this year. it will be an interesting season.

Right... and I agree, long run he may have cost himself numbers, money, records.

But I do think he and his dirtbag agent took McDaniel's shopping around as an opportunity to exploit for a bigger contract once the proposed deal for Cassel leaked out. Cook totally thought he could strongarm Bowlen into laying out more money, and had Cutler act accordingly. Bowlen tired of the tactics (or flat out refused to rework the deal under duress) and dealt him to the bears so quickly that Cutler was truly shocked it had gone down.

I really don't think Cutler believed he was going anywhere, but that he was genuinely pissed off at first, then saw it as a window to jump through for more money, same as it ever was. everything else is public poker playing, perception, and posturing, with sheep like Thatonemoosedump eating it up

broncswin
04-06-2009, 04:05 PM
Does Orton even have the arm to throw the ball deep acurately? From what I read, Orton has an 18.7 QB rating on passes of 25+ yards or more according to NFL.com and Stats.com.

I see Royal and BMarsh throughly frustrated trying to catch Orton's inaccurate passes as the season wears on.

Put a line in front of him, and watch what he can do with good wr's. I am not saying the guy will throw the bomb alot, but in those situations where a guy has 2-3 yards on his defender, I would bet Orton hits him more accurately than Jay ever did. I am not saying Jay was bad qb, the guy still has a lot to learn, but that long lead pass down the sidelines, or even the fly route down the middle of the field was complicating for him to hit in stride

UberBroncoMan
04-06-2009, 04:17 PM

Anyway, just a thought.

Cutler actually had a higher QB rating in 2007.

Steve Sewell
04-07-2009, 12:42 AM

Since when are BMarsh and Royal deep threats? Not saying they're not, but they're both proven YAC guys more than anything, pretty much perfect for McD's offense.