PDA

View Full Version : jason campbell "pissed"

tsiguy96
04-05-2009, 11:10 AM
but is handling the situation like an NFL quarterback, not a f-ing baby.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/04/05/jason-campbell-is-pissed/

loborugger
04-05-2009, 11:19 AM
I think as we watch the Campbell situation unfold (or better fizzle and fade away), it will provide some real insight into why having lost Cutler isnt such a bad thing over the long term.

colonelbeef
04-05-2009, 11:26 AM
Campbell sucks, and has no reason to be mad about the Redskins (and a coach who is already very familiar with him) pursuing a significantly better player. It's not a slight to be included in a trade for a better player. Obviously he is going to be butthurt about it, but it's not like they were trying to dump him for Tyler Thigpen (i.e. Cutler for Cassel)

TheElusiveKyleOrton
04-05-2009, 11:28 AM
Campbell sucks, and has no reason to be mad about the Redskins (and a coach who is already very familiar with him) pursuing a significantly better player.

Campbell's actually pretty good, Sgt Chicken. His teammates love him and if he had any semblance of an offensive line during the second half of last year, there's no reason to think the 'Skins wouldn't have built on the 6-2 start and gone to the playoffs.

tsiguy96
04-05-2009, 11:32 AM
Campbell sucks, and has no reason to be mad about the Redskins (and a coach who is already very familiar with him) pursuing a significantly better player. It's not a slight to be included in a trade for a better player. Obviously he is going to be butthurt about it, but it's not like they were trying to dump him for Tyler Thigpen (i.e. Cutler for Cassel)

yes but in getting rid of cutler, given what weve seen in this offseason, wed get a QB whos a better leader, a better temperament, can handle **** going wrong, as well as picks to help fix the real problem on the team: defense.

the team would be improved, just as their QB situation MAY be improved (thats arguable, it feels like cutlers career is gonna go south)

colonelbeef
04-05-2009, 11:32 AM
Campbell's actually pretty good, Sgt Chicken. His teammates love him and if he had any semblance of an offensive line during the second half of last year, there's no reason to think the 'Skins wouldn't have built on the 6-2 start and gone to the playoffs.

Campbell is horrible, I watched 10 skins games on account of a close friend being a huge fan. You obviously don't watch skins games. He has zero accuracy, floats balls left and right, and takes a year to release the ball.

Dagmar
04-05-2009, 11:49 AM

****ING YAWN

It's done, you are very tiresome.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
04-05-2009, 11:51 AM
Campbell is horrible, I watched 10 skins games on account of a close friend being a huge fan. You obviously don't watch skins games. He has zero accuracy, floats balls left and right, and takes a year to release the ball.

Funny, I have a friend who's a big skins fan as well. He LOVES Jason Campbell,and doesn't want him to leave DC. I've watched lots of skins games with him, and what I saw was a quarterback who didn't throw a pick for 8 weeks until his offensive line came down with injury-itis, and he couldn't get rid of the ball.

In Denver, hopefully he wouldn't have that problem.

Circle Orange
04-05-2009, 11:51 AM

Cutler isn't significantly better than anything, he and Campbell are the same player with different release speed. I don't get the godlike worship of his talent powers, it's getting crazy. Nothing Cutler has or does is unique. This isn't pop warner ball, or high school where a guy stands out like that. Differences in the NFL are minute at most, it's more perception and hype. That's why nfl scouts and gms look at game tape, not message boards.

Byron Leftwich is trying out for the backup position as we speak.

DBroncos4life
04-05-2009, 11:52 AM

Jason Campbell was 0 and 4 last year when his team held the other team to 20 points or less. The Skins D didn't allow a team to score over 30 points once last year. I don't think you will find many QBs in the NFL that wouldn't have won more games with the Skins if they started for them. Even with Portis running for them that O didn't top 30 points once last year either.

Circle Orange
04-05-2009, 11:56 AM
The coaching staff didn't want him to throw the fragging ball, and they only had one wideout, santana moss. Cooley disappeared in the gameplan for some bizarre reason. Combine that with Jason's long windup and release and you have a mess. He did improve somewhat in these areas but I doubt he'll ever have a 'whip' release. That just isn't his body language.

Now if he's pissed enough at management he may develop one...;D

TheElusiveKyleOrton
04-05-2009, 11:58 AM
The coaching staff didn't want him to throw the fragging ball, and they only had one wideout, santana moss. Cooley disappeared in the gameplan for some bizarre reason. Combine that with Jason's long windup and release and you have a mess. He did improve somewhat in these areas but I doubt he'll ever have a 'whip' release. That just isn't his body language.

Now if he's pissed enough at management he may develop one...;D

Absolutely right. I don't know what they call the offensive scheme they're running in DC these days... but there's a reason they're pining for Shanahan.

baja
04-05-2009, 12:10 PM
Cutler isn't significantly better than anything, he and Campbell are the same player with different release speed. I don't get the godlike worship of his talent powers, it's getting crazy. Nothing Cutler has or does is unique. This isn't pop warner ball, or high school where a guy stands out like that. Differences in the NFL are minute at most, it's more perception and hype. That's why nfl scouts and gms look at game tape, not message boards.

Is that why ten teams were interested in him even though the announced starting price was 2 firsts?

frerottenextelway
04-05-2009, 12:30 PM

Campbell couldn't make this type of throw.

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x208/samck4/Cutler/cutlerpass.gif

Tombstone RJ
04-05-2009, 12:33 PM

That is sick...

Bronx33
04-05-2009, 12:35 PM

Seriously and iam not depending campbell but how the **** do you know campbell can't make that throw? you should say ( it's your opinion he can't make that throw)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/j_c1ZhW_Q0M&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/j_c1ZhW_Q0M&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

53 sec

cutthemdown
04-05-2009, 12:36 PM

So a player getting upset has to do with how good they think they are? Wow Cutler must think he is really good.

By the way people when you think you are great, you rarely work hard to get better. Improving yourself is all about self evaluation and determining what you need to get better at. If all you do is look in the mirror and say, you really are Elway, then you will never be.

frerottenextelway
04-05-2009, 12:44 PM
Seriously and iam not depending campbell but how the **** do you know campbell can't make that throw? you should say ( it's your opinion he can't make that throw)

Wah. Almost every post in here states something w/o labeling it ''imo''. STFU already. It's a sick throw.

frerottenextelway
04-05-2009, 12:46 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/j_c1ZhW_Q0M&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/j_c1ZhW_Q0M&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

53 sec

ROFL! So similiar!

Bronx33
04-05-2009, 12:47 PM
Wah. Almost every post in here states something w/o labeling it ''imo''. STFU already. It's a sick throw.

I didn't say it wasn't a sick throw.

Rabb
04-05-2009, 12:47 PM
could they have picked a more terrible song for that highlight film

s0phr0syne
04-05-2009, 12:48 PM
haha, it's come so far that the Cutler haters now have become Campbell defenders just for the sake of trying to tarnish Cutler even more?

You guys got what you wanted, he's out of here. I don't understand why you insist on trying to "prove to everybody" just how bad Cutler was and how worthless he was going to be to this team.

Same thing is true for the rabid Cutler defenders...what's done is done.

Bowlen, McD, and Xanders are busy charting a course to get us to the promised land. It's way different than the path we originally imagined, but let's see where it takes us.

Sure, right now, between having a sh*tty (and now old as hell) defense, a murky situation at QB, our premier WR facing the threat of suspension, and losing 3 valued members of our scouting department (not counting Jeff Goodman), it's not looking good, but there's still a long way to go until opening day, and then after that there's a loooooong way to go until the season is over.

There's plenty of things worth discussing (ie draft) that are better than the in-fighting over the Cutler exodus and McD's fascism.

Kaylore
04-05-2009, 01:22 PM
Campbell sucks. He doesn't make plays. He just tries not to make plays for the other team. He spends most of his time hanging onto the ball and checking down.

colonelbeef
04-05-2009, 01:28 PM
So a player getting upset has to do with how good they think they are? Wow Cutler must think he is really good.

By the way people when you think you are great, you rarely work hard to get better. Improving yourself is all about self evaluation and determining what you need to get better at. If all you do is look in the mirror and say, you really are Elway, then you will never be.

that isn't what I said.

My point is that Campbell sucks and hasn't shown the improvement that Zorn is looking for, it's not like Zorn walked in and immediately tried to shop Campbell, all the while pretending like he wasn't, and worse yet, was looking for inferior talent, a total slap in the face. Zorn has given Campbell a fair shake and was looking to improve at the position.

tsiguy96
04-05-2009, 01:35 PM
haha, it's come so far that the Cutler haters now have become Campbell defenders just for the sake of trying to tarnish Cutler even more?

You guys got what you wanted, he's out of here. I don't understand why you insist on trying to "prove to everybody" just how bad Cutler was and how worthless he was going to be to this team.

Same thing is true for the rabid Cutler defenders...what's done is done.

Bowlen, McD, and Xanders are busy charting a course to get us to the promised land. It's way different than the path we originally imagined, but let's see where it takes us.

Sure, right now, between having a sh*tty (and now old as hell) defense, a murky situation at QB, our premier WR facing the threat of suspension, and losing 3 valued members of our scouting department (not counting Jeff Goodman), it's not looking good, but there's still a long way to go until opening day, and then after that there's a loooooong way to go until the season is over.

There's plenty of things worth discussing (ie draft) that are better than the in-fighting over the Cutler exodus and McD's fascism.

no one is denying what cutler does on the field. its his leadership, his mentality, me-first attitude and temperament that we doubt, with very very good reason, and the reason he is no longer on this team.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
04-05-2009, 01:36 PM

Since when was it "Being a Man" to Shut up and take it up the A$$?

worm
04-05-2009, 02:23 PM

Dude. Let it go. Are you planning on whining and bitching about THE BEARS QB forever? Really. What is the point?

You have made your opinion clear repeatedly for the last month. The situation has been resolved. Move on!

Try to show a little more maturity than you accuse Cutler of having. Don't take it personal...he still appreciates the fact you bought his jersey.

Go hug his fathead you have taken down from your bunkbed wall and kiss and make-up. You will feel better.

Spider
04-05-2009, 02:29 PM
Since when was it "Being a Man" to Shut up and take it up the A$$?

the only one's taking it in the ass on this was The Broncos ......... Cutler got what he had coming to him

frerottenextelway
04-24-2009, 05:03 PM

Campbell will ask for trade if Redskins draft a QB (http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/04/23/campbell-will-ask-for-trade-if-redskins-draft-a-qb/)

:thumbsup:

Orange_Beard
04-24-2009, 05:05 PM

Ahhh, he is an NFL QB?

El Minion
04-24-2009, 05:11 PM
Campbell will ask for trade if Redskins draft a QB (http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/04/23/campbell-will-ask-for-trade-if-redskins-draft-a-qb/)

:spit:

Bronx33
04-24-2009, 05:13 PM
The gaunlet has been laid.

Circle Orange
04-24-2009, 05:31 PM
This story hit DC like wildfire this afternoon. But there's no actual quotes so far from Jason. The reports say "Inside Sources" whatever the (&&(@# they are.

Still, Jason is rumored to go to the jets. And yes, the Colt Brennan faction is starting up again.

TheReverend
04-24-2009, 07:28 PM

Nice find. This thread has been hilarious from the OP. Really, Campbell's handling trade rumors better?

Jason Campbell hasn't played himself into anything remotely considered a position of leverage. It took the majority of his rookie contract to even crack the starting ****ing line-up versus not just Mark Brunell, but an OLD ASS Mark Brunell.

He shouldn't complain about anything that happens to him, he should be happy that somehow he has a job in the NFL when he clearly doesn't belong there.

oubronco
04-24-2009, 07:29 PM
the only one's taking it in the ass on this was The Broncos ......... Cutler got what he had coming to him

I assume a big fat Raise will be coming soon

Steve Prefontaine
04-24-2009, 08:52 PM

Oh, I see what you did. F-ing genius.

Apples and oranges...but keep breaking things down to a level that makes you feel better.