PDA

View Full Version : Cutler gonzo after 3 seasons, what is your stance on buying new jerseys?

19Morton77
04-04-2009, 04:00 PM
Many people here have put down serious cashe on players like Cutler and Brandon Marshall and now have a jersey with the player on another team and the wide receiver rubbing people the wrong way for his off the field behavior. Do you now consider this when shopping for a jersey? NOTE: 2nd choice on poll is for those that have now decided to switch thinking since the Cutler fiasco/trade. 3rd choice is based on your thinking before the Cutler fiasco/trade.

Doggcow
04-04-2009, 04:04 PM
What? Brandon Marshall is on another team?

Complete sentances please, rambling and brain spewing ideas on forums is annoying as **** to read.

14 more posts and you may know how to formulate a thread though.

19Morton77
04-04-2009, 04:05 PM
What? Brandon Marshall is on another team?

Complete sentances please, rambling and brain spewing ideas on forums is annoying as **** to read.

14 more posts and you may know how to formulate a thread though.

One is gone and one has off field behavior issues. I dont think one more post by you would change the way you can read and beatch. I guess you have had a tough offseason. Way to be a douche on post 2.

rovolution
04-04-2009, 04:08 PM
i learned my jersey lesson after my $80 Javon Walker became an $80 dust rag...

Bought a $250 shannon sharpe 1994 throwback after that...and I freaking love it!

my next purchase will be an old school Atwater.

broncofan7
04-04-2009, 04:10 PM
Guys--check out ww.jersey101.com --

cutthemdown
04-04-2009, 04:10 PM
I like to get throwbacks from players that retired Broncos. I know I can always wear those ones.

Then I like a lot of Broncos gear that's all about the team. Just regular Broncos shirts with the team logo, hoodies, hats, etc etc.

I was thinking about getting a Clady Jersey though. I think it's pretty safe to assume he sticks around.

cutthemdown
04-04-2009, 04:11 PM
i learned my jersey lesson after my $80 Javon Walker became an $80 dust rag...

Bought a $250 shannon sharpe 1994 throwback after that...and I freaking love it!

my next purchase will be an old school Atwater.

He did finish up for Jet's no? J/K though for sure a great all time Bronco.

I love my Tyrone Braxton jersey I bought in 95. If we could get everyone to play as hard and scrappy as he did I bet we could get a few more picks.

19Morton77
04-04-2009, 04:16 PM
I think I will wait at least 7 to 8 years. I didnt with Rod Smith but that was accidently in the bargain basement at a store for $10 (practice jersey) and he was already on the team for a few years. I dont mind a guy leaving the team because he wasnt re-signed or left on good terms. I just would put it away until he retires. Meck, Gradishar, Elway, T Davis and Tom Nalen are all safe bets.

Ironlung
04-04-2009, 04:27 PM
I'll just sport my Elway and Atwater jerseys from here on out. Best two Broncos IMO.

Pony Boy
04-04-2009, 04:28 PM
They need to be made with Velcro name and numbers

frerottenextelway
04-04-2009, 04:37 PM
One of my fav jerseys is my Mike Anderson one - don't know why. I realize that it's a long standing tradition to hate on almost everyone that has left the team, but that's not me.

Although, it is funny to still see Kordel jerseys here in western PA.

Doggcow
04-04-2009, 04:37 PM
One is gone and one has off field behavior issues. I dont think one more post by you would change the way you can read and beatch. I guess you have had a tough offseason. Way to be a douche on post 2.

Commas, use them. At least then your run on sentances wouldn't look as uneducated as they do, and possibly even convey the idea you want them to!

Los Broncos
04-04-2009, 04:48 PM
I have my own jersey and throwbacks, but current players jerseys is a gamble.

Natedog24
04-04-2009, 05:17 PM
Throwbacks are overpriced so I'll buy current players but I'll wait until the player has been a Bronco for a long time and is in the twilight of their career. If Champ Bailey remains a Bronco for another year or two I'll probably grab his jersey. I wish I would have gotten a Rod Smith jersey before he officially retired, but at the time I was still sporting my Terrell Davis jersey.

SouthStndJunkie
04-04-2009, 05:18 PM
I will keep rocking my Keith Kartz game worn jersey.

spdirty
04-04-2009, 06:10 PM
I won't be buying any Broncos merchandise for a couple years anyhow.

Mogulseeker
04-04-2009, 06:17 PM
Ahhh to be a man... by wearing another man's shirt.

cutthemdown
04-04-2009, 06:23 PM
I won't be buying any Broncos merchandise for a couple years anyhow.

Cmon Spdirty don't be like that. Go out and buy a cap or something so you have some gear bought when Broncos at a low low point. That way when we are good again it will mean something.

randomtask
04-04-2009, 07:16 PM
I have 2 jerseys, and both are (somewhat) old school.

http://www.fansedge.com/Images/Product/31-75/31-75095-F.jpghttp://www.fansedge.com/Images/Product/31-61/31-61001-F.jpg

Stay old school.

oubronco
04-04-2009, 07:27 PM
I have a Pryce, Elway, and Anderson jerseys and I'd buy more the jersey represents the team and player whom you liked and it don't matter where they are now they were a part of the team when you bought it and if you don't like the player no more then change the name on it

Rock Chalk
04-04-2009, 07:34 PM
Shannon Sharpe
Elway HoF Edition
Portis Alternate (im keeping b/c he may be a HoF someday and an alternate bronco Portis jersey never worn may be worth some money)
Al Wilson
Rod Smith alternate
Brandon Marshall (Wife bought it for me, took a risk but maybe)

Wife has Champ and Eddie Royal

Daughter has Champ and Jay Cutler (sigh).

For the most part, I wait to buy proven, long lasting players for the Broncos though. I will, from time to time take a chance on a younger player, and most of the times it has burned me but its a chance you take.

No reason to stop buying jerseys though.

spdirty
04-04-2009, 07:47 PM
Cmon Spdirty don't be like that. Go out and buy a cap or something so you have some gear bought when Broncos at a low low point. That way when we are good again it will mean something.

so now you have to buy their shlt to call yourself a fan?

That works both ways then. Ill buy some of their shlt if they redo the signs at the dove valley and Invesco lots and give me all their work. And say nothing but "good job...Ill be with you through good times and bad" when I screw up.

Jason in LA
04-04-2009, 07:52 PM
I have an old TD jersey (the old white one). I want to get an orange TD jersey and a white Elway jersey (both the old ones, I'm still boycotting the new stuff). I wouldn't be a current player's jersey because you don't know how long they'll be with the team. Unless that player has been with the team long enough to go down as a Bronco.

Hogan11
04-04-2009, 08:06 PM
I don't have the kind of cash to be replacing jerseys every other year, so I got two authentics with my own name on them and was done with it. As far as I'm concerned, they've already paid for themselves and then some. They're also the only apparel I have (outside of a hoodie I got on the cheap early on) that has the current logo on it. I banned the current logo stuff a few years ago (afterall, why promote a style you dislike?) and only buy retro Broncos stuff now.

ScottXray
04-05-2009, 10:06 AM
I have Elway , Sharpe, Rod Smith, and Cutler and sheffler.

Cutlers is gone and Sheffler is seemingly trade bait.

No more new players until they done something for the team besides sign a contract....

I'll stick with Old school from here on out.

Hercules Rockefeller
04-05-2009, 10:11 AM
I'm just going to stick with my Champ jersey for awhile, both times I've tried to branch out the past few seasons, the guy hasn't been long for the Broncos (Walker and Cutler).

RhymesayersDU
04-05-2009, 10:12 AM
Well my Cutler is now worthless... BUT with a little work, that 6 becomes an 8 easily!

But anyways. My next jersey will be Clady. Already a really good player, and offensive linemen stick around for a while in most cases.

orangeatheist
04-05-2009, 10:16 AM
I've stopped with the named players altogether. Ended with my Plummer jersey. Only ones I keep around now are Elway and McCaffery. Otherwise, I just get generic Bronco gear, always with the logo/name sewn on so it doesn't fade in the wash. No more players. This isn't about them anyway. It's a Bronco thing.

Pick Six
04-05-2009, 10:22 AM
I only have one...

#27 Darrent Williams...Bronco forever...:(

Kaylore
04-05-2009, 10:38 AM
QB is usually a safe way to go. In this case it wasn't. :( I think I'll get a Clady, Kuper or Royal jersey. ;D

chaz
04-05-2009, 10:54 AM
I've got an Elway, TD, and Champ...always wary of buying current players, but Eddie might be the next in line. I don't wear jerseys very often though so I tend to stay away from the price tag.

I like the old schools, might get into those at some point.

FireFly
04-05-2009, 03:36 PM
I have a Cutler and a Marshall Jersey.

I also have a Lynch and Plummer Jersey.

I still wear Lynch, I'll still wear Marshall; for now. I can't bring myself to wear Cutler, I might just pull my Plummer one out of the closet though!

He is the most recent QB to take us deep into the playoff! :~ohyah!:

DBroncos4life
04-05-2009, 03:42 PM
How much do you think the throwback Cutler jersey is worth now?