2 Jarron Gilbert Good DE to bolster the line
3 Eric Wood Big strong Center that sets the line up for years to come
3 Alex Magee DT who could become a good DE in a 3-4
4 Terrance Taylor or Sammie Lee Hill NT, one or the other will be good
5 Brandon Tate Need a return man to keep Royal fresh
6 Rhett Bomar Late round QB for McDaniels to groom
7 Zach Potter Another DE. i am of the mind of getting a lot of line help
7 Frantz Joseph Adds depth to the LB corps

in my mock the only trade i would want to make, would be sending the Alex Magee 3rd rounder to Cleveland for Shaun Rodgers. it is good compensation for a guy who doesn't want to play in Clevelan and it addresses the biggest need our defense has right now

Paladin
04-04-2009, 02:17 PM
Can we dispense with the insults on McDs name? That just simply detracts from any legitimacy in your thinking you may have had.

As to your mock, not bad, and I would do the Cleveland trade. Don't know if Cleveland would do it.

Appreciate the effort except for the little juvie slip on the name calling.....

lex
04-04-2009, 02:23 PM
My mock draft as it stands right now with no trade would be

1 Beanie Wells Finally get a franchise RB
1 Brian Cushing Good LB to help in the front 7
6 Rhett Bomar Late round QB for McDip**** to groom

in my mock the only trade i would want to make, would be sending the Alex Magee 3rd rounder to Cleveland for Shaun Rodgers. it is good compensation for a guy who doesn't want to play in Clevelan and it addresses the biggest need our defense has right now

Im not big on Cushing but I would be happy if that were our draft. I really like the Frantz Joseph pick. I also had him in one of my recent mocks. I think the QB is more likely going to be Nate Davis or Mike Reilly though.

lex
04-04-2009, 02:58 PM
BTW, for what its worth, Rogers is upset at Mangini for reasons that seem similar to Cutlers reason (at least partly) for not liking McDaniels. Rogers was upset because a lack of communication with Mangini, which almost seemed like the familiar ploy to treat him like "the player". It seemed Rogers wanted some rapport and acknowledgement and Mangini's MO rubbed him the wrong way. At least thats what I remember hearing a few weeks back. If thats true, then getting Rogers might be problematic for the same reason given Josh's lack of skill in dealing with players.

But on the other hand, maybe there would be more give and take between McDaniels and Rogers after what theyve both been through. Its doubtful though.

While Cody doesnt seem like the biggest scholar, he does seem to really value what his coaches think. So he seems coachable and responsive to authority. In fact, he seems to want guidance. The guy dropped a lot of weight at Sabans request and then decided not to go pro so to get his weight under control. He leaned on Saban for this. I think this is great. Thats just one more year of that guy getting coached by one of the best in the business.

I look at it this way: our offense can be just as good as last year if we improve the running game and have more balance. And on defense, we may not be a finished product but can we really be worse than last year? Nolan alone should be a big improvement. So, Im willing to go with Fields along with using a low risk mid round pick on Taylor(or Hill) and then targeting Cody next year. I think if Cody is healthy and in good standing, we could really see our defense start to take shape. That dude is a two gapper just by breathing.

I would be cool with getting Rogers, although, Id be a little skeptical. But Id really like to hang in there one year and get Cody.

Drek
04-04-2009, 03:15 PM
BTW, for what its worth, Rogers is upset at Mangini for reasons that seem similar to Cutlers reason (at least partly) for not liking McDaniels. Rogers was upset because a lack of communication with Mangini, which almost seemed like the familiar ploy to treat him like "the player". It seemed Rogers wanted some rapport and acknowledgement and Mangini's MO rubbed him the wrong way. At least thats what I remember hearing a few weeks back. If thats true, then getting Rogers might be problematic for the same reason given Josh's lack of skill in dealing with players.

There were a few events at which both Mangini and Rogers attended that Mangini didn't even speak to Rogers at, that has been something of a piece of contention.

But the real problem that was initially reported was that when Mangini first took over and was having one on one meetings with multiple players on the team to discuss their role going forward he basically had a representative call Rogers up and say "lose some weight you fat ass fatty!"

Now maybe Rogers is sensitive about is weight. Or maybe he thinks the playing weight he was at last year when he was a force at NT for Cleveland is just a fine weight for him to be at. But the initial rub came down before the events where Mangini snubbed him, and was tied to them basically saying he was a lazy turd who needed to get in shape before the new boss had any desire to talk with him.

Either way, if he can be had for a 3rd I'd be interested, but nothing more.

lex
04-04-2009, 07:29 PM
There were a few events at which both Mangini and Rogers attended that Mangini didn't even speak to Rogers at, that has been something of a piece of contention.

But the real problem that was initially reported was that when Mangini first took over and was having one on one meetings with multiple players on the team to discuss their role going forward he basically had a representative call Rogers up and say "lose some weight you fat ass fatty!"

Now maybe Rogers is sensitive about is weight. Or maybe he thinks the playing weight he was at last year when he was a force at NT for Cleveland is just a fine weight for him to be at. But the initial rub came down before the events where Mangini snubbed him, and was tied to them basically saying he was a lazy turd who needed to get in shape before the new boss had any desire to talk with him.

Either way, if he can be had for a 3rd I'd be interested, but nothing more.

That sounds familiar. Yeah, I wouldnt want to give up anything more than a 3rd for him. Actually, I may give up a 2nd for him if its between he and Brace. Im not totally convinced that Brace can play right away. Another thing that Ive become wary about is the fact that Brace is only getting a 2nd round grade in what is supposed to be a weak DT class. Next year seems like it will be a stronger class so their value shouldnt be as inflated as it is this year. Next year you have McCoy and Oghobaase also in the mix. But obviously, Id rather get Rogers for a 3rd than a 2nd.

BroncoMan4ever
04-04-2009, 08:51 PM
That sounds familiar. Yeah, I wouldnt want to give up anything more than a 3rd for him. Actually, I may give up a 2nd for him if its between he and Brace. Im not totally convinced that Brace can play right away. Another thing that Ive become wary about is the fact that Brace is only getting a 2nd round grade in what is supposed to be a weak DT class. Next year seems like it will be a stronger class so their value shouldnt be as inflated as it is this year. Next year you have McCoy and Oghobaase also in the mix. But obviously, Id rather get Rogers for a 3rd than a 2nd.

we could try conditional pick for Rodgers. a 3rd that can become a 2nd next season if he reaches certain amount of playing time. and if we get a mid round guy and with Fields we can limit his time on the field and keep it as a 3rd rounder.

BroncoMan4ever
04-04-2009, 08:52 PM
Can we dispense with the insults on McDs name? That just simply detracts from any legitimacy in your thinking you may have had.

As to your mock, not bad, and I would do the Cleveland trade. Don't know if Cleveland would do it.

apologies all around. i have changed the insult on his name. and i agree, time to move on and move past the name calling. i still hate him but will be more mature about it.

Paladin
04-04-2009, 09:04 PM
Thank you.

Elway777
04-05-2009, 02:07 AM
I would give up a 2 rounder and Sheffler for Rodgers.

chanesaw
04-05-2009, 08:34 AM

Actually I prefer McDip****

Paladin
04-05-2009, 09:49 AM
Right. You already use a dumpy, dipstick name for yourself, and you need to drag everyone else down with you?

It just seems to me that people here need to grow up sometime. Now these "great traumatic" events (the "loss" of Shanahan, McD and Culter's Move) should be a life changing events for the immature. Hope you can take advantage of it.......

BroncoMan4ever
04-05-2009, 01:08 PM
I would give up a 2 rounder and Sheffler for Rodgers.

i think that is too much. maybe Scheff and a late rounder for Rodgers, or a 3rd rounder alone, or a conditional pick for next season a 3rd that can become a 2nd if he reaches playing time requirements or certain stats.

Tombstone RJ
04-05-2009, 01:53 PM
My mock draft as it stands right now with no trade would be

1 Beanie Wells Finally get a franchise RB
1 Brian Cushing Good LB to help in the front 7
6 Rhett Bomar Late round QB for McDaniels to groom

I don't understand the Wells pick. The Broncos don't need a big power RB, they already have that. If they get a RB, it's gonna be a smaller, more explosive runner who can break the big plays.

BroncoMan4ever
04-05-2009, 01:56 PM
I don't understand the Wells pick. The Broncos don't need a big power RB, they already have that. If they get a RB, it's gonna be a smaller, more explosive runner who can break the big plays.

Wells is explosive. he has the speed to break long runs and the power to get tough yards. he is the best of both worlds. i am tired of these smaller backs who can't take the pounding.

and with Hillis, who even knows how much he will touch the ball, with McDaniels bringing in 3 guys to take his job.

if it were definite that Hillis was the starter i wouldn't even want to draft a back

Tombstone RJ
04-05-2009, 02:05 PM
Wells is explosive. he has the speed to break long runs and the power to get tough yards. he is the best of both worlds. i am tired of these smaller backs who can't take the pounding.

and with Hillis, who even knows how much he will touch the ball, with McDaniels bringing in 3 guys to take his job.

if it were definite that Hillis was the starter i wouldn't even want to draft a back

Point being, Broncos don't need Wells and Hillis is more of a proven commodity than Wells at this point. Also, Wells doesn't catch balls out of the backfield, OSU did not throw to him. Why would the Broncos take Wells over a guy like Moreno? Wells just doesn't make sense right now.

Paladin
04-05-2009, 03:38 PM
OSU did not throw to him. Why would the Broncos take Wells over a guy like Moreno? Wells just doesn't make sense right now.

Now that's a damm fine point.....

I think the Broncos will get offers for the 12 slot. What they get would depend on which offer they take and how they maximize the pick. I am not sure Sanchez will not be at 12, and the Bucs would give up a boatload of picks to get him if the Broncos chose. Also the Jets would watch the 12 spot as well. So I don't think Wells is in the picture for Denver unless he is the object of a trade........

Very interesting times, draft day could be ......

BroncoMan4ever
04-05-2009, 07:55 PM
Now that's a damm fine point.....

I think the Broncos will get offers for the 12 slot. What they get would depend on which offer they take and how they maximize the pick. I am not sure Sanchez will not be at 12, and the Bucs would give up a boatload of picks to get him if the Broncos chose. Also the Jets would watch the 12 spot as well. So I don't think Wells is in the picture for Denver unless he is the object of a trade........

Very interesting times, draft day could be ......
i think even if we ended up moving back to around 20 on the probablitity Stafford or Sanchez fall or a LT is a need for a team behind us, there is a good chance the Wells last until that time anyway. and if he is there at 20, i can't see how we can possibly even think of not taking him. the value there would be incredible.

i am looking at this draft in a way that i think the guys who could help us most are going to go top 10 and we should take BPA, and at 12, i think Wells is the best there is. especially with a muddled situation at QB, we could use a really good RB and Wells is the best in this draft

lex
04-05-2009, 07:59 PM
i think even if we ended up moving back to around 20 on the probablitity Stafford or Sanchez fall or a LT is a need for a team behind us, there is a good chance the Wells last until that time anyway. and if he is there at 20, i can't see how we can possibly even think of not taking him. the value there would be incredible.

i am looking at this draft in a way that i think the guys who could help us most are going to go top 10 and we should take BPA, and at 12, i think Wells is the best there is. especially with a muddled situation at QB, we could use a really good RB and Wells is the best in this draft

True, plus we have a boatload of picks but an inexperienced FO drafting players. We should not try to be too cute. When we have a chance to get a good player who can help us (especially this year) we should take him.

BroncoMan4ever
04-05-2009, 09:20 PM
True, plus we have a boatload of picks but an inexperienced FO drafting players. We should not try to be too cute. When we have a chance to get a good player who can help us (especially this year) we should take him.

exactly. considering the inexperience of the staff, it would be in the best interest to go after guys who are most likely to succeed instead of gambling on players simply because they fit a position of need

UboBronco
04-06-2009, 07:06 AM
If Sanchez or Raji is available at 12.... that would be our pick. If both are gone, we should shop the pick to the Jets or Tampa, for their first and a 3rd, so they can fight out for Josh Freeman. We then have one more choice to find a defensive player, and save some $ in the first round. We need lots of players, so an extra pick would be awesome.

Rohirrim
04-06-2009, 07:30 AM
If Sanchez or Raji is available at 12.... that would be our pick. If both are gone, we should shop the pick to the Jets or Tampa, for their first and a 3rd, so they can fight out for Josh Freeman. We then have one more choice to find a defensive player, and save some $ in the first round. We need lots of players, so an extra pick would be awesome.

I agree. If there's not somebody there the Broncos really want at 12, it's the perfect spot for Freeman to go. Let some of the teams hold an auction. Seems like McD is pretty cool in negotiations. Imagine having three firsts and another third! !Booya!

BroncoMan4ever
04-06-2009, 04:33 PM
I agree. If there's not somebody there the Broncos really want at 12, it's the perfect spot for Freeman to go. Let some of the teams hold an auction. Seems like McD is pretty cool in negotiations. Imagine having three firsts and another third! !Booya!

not only just for Freeman, but for teams who want to snag one of the last available 1st round OT.