PDA

View Full Version : Is Jay Cutler really that bad?

jayman_37
04-04-2009, 01:52 PM
The way a lot of people are talking they think that Orton is better than him. If you would have asked that question three months ago you would have gotten laughed right off of the board. It's amazing how your perspectice changes about a player when he leaves your team.

baja
04-04-2009, 01:53 PM
The way a lot of people are talking they think that Orton is better than him. If you would have asked that question three months ago you would have gotten laughed right off of the board. It's amazing how your perspectice changes about a player when he leaves your team.

I haven't changed my perspectice at all hell i didn't even know it was full.

Spider
04-04-2009, 01:55 PM
Oh Brother ... yes jay was that bad , and there was a few here that would tell you so , but this isnt about Jay Cutler or Orton , it is about making the Broncos better ...Talent ways Cutler is better , but work ethic and Mental stability , Orton is far better .... now shut the **** up

Bronx33
04-04-2009, 01:55 PM
You really need to state examples.

TonyR
04-04-2009, 01:57 PM
The way a lot of people are talking they think that Orton is better than him.

I don't think anybody thinks Orton has more talent than Jay Cutler. At least I hope they don't think that because that's ridiculous. But I do think many are seeing that he's not really what we were hoping he'd be.

Bob's your Information Minister
04-04-2009, 01:59 PM
What the ****?

bombay
04-04-2009, 02:01 PM
There's no question at all about level of talent. At this point it becomes more about fit. That, and Cutler wanted out, period. He couldn't be here.

Spider
04-04-2009, 02:02 PM
What the ****?

And what in the hell would you know about ****ing anything that isnt plastic ?

Br0nc0Buster
04-04-2009, 02:08 PM
I dont think anyone thinks Orton is better than Cutler.

Cutler didnt want to play here though, so no love loss from this side

chaz
04-04-2009, 02:12 PM
Oh Brother ... yes jay was that bad , and there was a few here that would tell you so , but this isnt about Jay Cutler or Orton , it is about making the Broncos better ...Talent ways Cutler is better , but work ethic and Mental stability , Orton is far better .... now shut the **** up

I dont think you're right about work ethic...Jay was always in on his days off and very committed to winning. You're right on with mental stability though :thumbsup:

DHallblows
04-04-2009, 02:13 PM
You really need to state examples.

Honestly he doesn't, it happens everywhere. You want an example? Go to any page of any thread with "Cutler" in the title. It really IS ridiculous how people who loved him as their qb 3 months ago are now calling him overrated. But I guess a bandwagon is a bandwagon...

Spider
04-04-2009, 02:13 PM
I dont think you're right about work ethic...Jay was always in on his days off and very committed to winning. You're right on with mental stability though :thumbsup:

Orton reported in less then 24 hours of the trade .......

lostknight
04-04-2009, 02:15 PM
It's a amazing what a little propiganda from Broncos Central will do for you. Orton is our Quarterback, Bowlen doesn't tell lies, Jay is a whiner, up is down!

McDaniels blundered into a situation he couldn't control. It's as plain and simple as that. It's his job to manage players, and he gave up on the most talented player on the roster.

Not a good start.

Bronx33
04-04-2009, 02:15 PM
Honestly he doesn't, it happens everywhere. You want an example? Go to any page of any thread with "Cutler" in the title. It really IS ridiculous how people who loved him as their qb 3 months ago are now calling him overrated. But I guess a bandwagon is a bandwagon...

I just never saw anybody saying cutler was bad mentally unstable yes but not bad ( thats all iam saying)

Los Broncos
04-04-2009, 02:19 PM
Hes not a leader, he whines when things don't go his way.

DHallblows
04-04-2009, 02:20 PM
I just never saw anybody saying cutler was bad mentally unstable yes but not bad ( thats all iam saying)

Yeah, that isn't as frequent that's for sure. Only every now and then.
With the exception of the Plummer>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Cutler thread which is all around retarded:ouwknow:But that's an exception

jhat01
04-04-2009, 02:28 PM
It's a amazing what a little propiganda from Broncos Central will do for you. Orton is our Quarterback, Bowlen doesn't tell lies, Jay is a whiner, up is down!

McDaniels blundered into a situation he couldn't control. It's as plain and simple as that. It's his job to manage players, and he gave up on the most talented player on the roster.

Not a good start.

Bull****. If you don't see that Cutlet wanted out as soon as his buddy was let go, you're blind. They told him on the morning of the talks. Cutler didn't dispute that, and went on to say that he probably wouldn't have cut off communication so soon, had he the chance to do it over. Cutler and Bus were the liars in this thing. It's obvious.

Spider
04-04-2009, 02:30 PM

Not a good start.

Isnt there a spongebob Marathon on ?

Bronx33
04-04-2009, 02:35 PM

It's a rerun so sadly we have lost posting.

Spider
04-04-2009, 02:37 PM
It's a rerun so sadly we have lost posting.

damn

COWBELL
04-04-2009, 02:45 PM
Orton is a average QB, the offense will not be very exciting to watch at all anymore. Until we find the franchise QB again hopefully it will not take another decade. I just hope our defense turns it around so atleast I can watch with some excitement.

Bronx33
04-04-2009, 02:48 PM
Orton is a average QB, the offense will not be very exciting to watch at all anymore. Until we find the franchise QB again hopefully it will not take another decade. I just hope our defense turns it around so atleast I can watch with some excitement.

See this is where i have a problem how do you know how orton is going to play this season? and it seems like you had your heart set on cutler being the answer to everything and was a sure championship?

chaz
04-04-2009, 02:50 PM

I'm not knocking Orton in any way. I have no doubt Cutler reported just as quickly though...they are both hard working players.

chiefforlife
04-04-2009, 02:51 PM

Finally, a voice of reason. Cutler will be very hard to replace, almost as hard as Elway. No Bronco fan should be excited about this.

GoBroncos84
04-04-2009, 02:56 PM
I think the tide will turn eventually. I expect Jay to be very successful in Chicago. I think he wins a ring before we do. I hope we are much better than I anticipate, but I stand by my position that we pulled off one of the most idiotic moves in league history by sending him somewhere else. Not a popular opinion right now, but I think others will eventually side with me once Jay continues to get better and becomes a HoF qb for the Bears, while we start over and have to once again find our franchise quarterback.

So to answer the question, no. Jay is not nearly as bad as people are making him out to be. This is just their way of coping with the situation. Its easier to bash the guy that isnt here anymore rather than face the incompetence of your front office that you still have to root for and hope they are making the right choices.

Bronx33
04-04-2009, 02:56 PM
Finally, a voice of reason. Cutler will be very hard to replace, almost as hard as Elway. No Bronco fan should be excited about this.

Voice of reason? hes guessing, nothing more nothing less.

GoBroncos84
04-04-2009, 02:58 PM
I'm not knocking Orton in any way. I have no doubt Cutler reported just as quickly though...they are both hard working players.

Jay has a great work ethic. The Bears camp doesn't start until Monday so there isn't really anywhere to report to until then. Denver started before Chicago for OTA's. Unless I read the wrong information

chiefforlife
04-04-2009, 02:59 PM
I think the tide will turn eventually. I expect Jay to be very successful in Chicago. I think he wins a ring before we do. I hope we are much better than I anticipate, but I stand by my position that we pulled off one of the most idiotic moves in league history by sending him somewhere else. Not a popular opinion right now, but I think others will eventually side with me once Jay continues to get better and becomes a HoF qb for the Bears, while we start over and have to once again find our franchise quarterback.

So to answer the question, no. Jay is not nearly as bad as people are making him out to be. This is just their way of coping with the situation. Its easier to bash the guy that isnt here anymore rather than face the incompetence of your front office that you still have to root for and hope they are making the right choices.

Another realistic post. Good call.

Bronx33
04-04-2009, 03:04 PM
Cutler will have a huuuuuge amount of pressure on him to produce and if i remember correctly jay like to force things and tends to make mistakes when the pressure is on.

Spider
04-04-2009, 03:05 PM
Cutler will have a huuuuuge amount of pressure on him to produce and if i remember correctly jay like to force things and tends to make mistakes when the pressure is on.

Naw that was a different Jay Cutler , the one in Denver was the second coming

Bronx33
04-04-2009, 03:07 PM
Naw that was a different Jay Cutler , the one in Denver was the second coming

Silly me i forgot.

Punisher
04-04-2009, 03:13 PM
Cutler,Cutler,Cutler,Cutler,Cutler.

IT OVER HERES A BEAR NOW!

I'm sad hes gone and for what he done to get traded but now its time to move on.

colonelbeef
04-04-2009, 03:13 PM

Orton obviously is trying to make a good impression, he sees this as an opportunity and rightfully so...

I dunno spider, I always had the impression that Cutler worked hard here too though, he gave an effort

Spider
04-04-2009, 03:16 PM
Orton obviously is trying to make a good impression, he sees this as an opportunity and rightfully so...

I dunno spider, I always had the impression that Cutler worked hard here too though, he gave an effort

Until he went mopey jay mode

footstepsfrom#27
04-04-2009, 03:46 PM
Ha ha...aint it the truth? Today's hero is tomorrow's enemy. It's the fickle nature of the modern fans who have grown up with a game dominated by greed, arrogance and a lack of loyalty.

Cutler's a top 3 talent in the NFL...Orton probably not top 30.

Bronx33
04-04-2009, 03:48 PM
Ha ha...aint it the truth? Today's hero is tomorrow's enemy. It's the fickle nature of the modern fans who have grown up with a game dominated by greed, arrogance and a lack of loyalty.

Cutler's a top 3 talent in the NFL...Orton probably not top 30.

Things change and this season is going to be fun! also orton may not be the longterm solution for the broncos but a solution to the 09 season only. ( think positive brother)

bronco610
04-04-2009, 03:51 PM
Is Jay Cutler really that bad?

YES !!!!!

enjolras
04-04-2009, 03:58 PM
I think I've been completely consistent. I enjoyed watching Cutler... but throughout the last two years you'll a lot of posts by me (despite my Cutler avatar) where I expressed serious reservations about his mental fortitude.

I am now 100% convinced that Cutler doesn't have the mental makeup of a great NFL QB. He has so much talent that he may win multiple superbowls if someone builds a very good team around him. But he is no Elway or Favre... players who have the unique ability to lead their teams to victory.

If Cutler flirts with maturity, then we're going to look really stupid for dumping him. I'm simply not convinced he ever will become that guy.

Atwater His Ass
04-04-2009, 04:53 PM
I can't even hardly stand to look at this board right now because of this. Almost every thread is about how some jackass poster thinks Cutler is overrated and sucks but a few months ago was all over his jock.

The only reason it bothers me is because I'm surprised by some of the posters doing it because they are posters that I respected their opinions. I guess it's good on some level because I know who all the frauds are now.

bronco610
04-04-2009, 05:02 PM
I can't even hardly stand to look at this board right now because of this. Almost every thread is about how some jackass poster thinks Cutler is overrated and sucks but a few months ago was all over his jock.

The only reason it bothers me is because I'm surprised by some of the posters doing it because they are posters that I respected their opinions. I guess it's good on some level because I know who all the frauds are now.

This is not about his skill set or talent. It's about him showing his characture and mentality as a leader.

broncos-rock
04-04-2009, 05:13 PM
I don't have a problem with Jay "the player" I have a problem with how Jay and pus cook took advantage of a situation. You will see in the next couple of days a Huge ass contract extension that makes Pus and jay happy. Thats what this whole thing was about and I can't believe more people don't see it, frankly it blows my mind! :thumbs:

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
04-04-2009, 05:26 PM

No he ain't that bad. People here just drink too much of the kool aid here. The last time people here last thought they saw a real QB was Plummer.

Bronco X
04-04-2009, 05:32 PM
When Cutler was the Broncos QB I was willing to be patient with him. I noticed the signs of his immaturity on and off the field but I wasn't going to harp on them because I hoped he'd grow out of it. He still might, but it's going to be for another team, and all we're left to assess his time with the Denver Broncos is what he left us. And it's not much.

Jay Cutler the Denver Broncos QB was all about potential and nothing else. He was technically a "Pro Bowl QB", a term that has been thrown during this whole fiasco like it signifies knighthood. But he got voted to the Pro Bowl based on his potential. He frankly didn't deserve it. He's done nothing but tantalize us with his potential. When you talk about great QBs, you talk about what they've accomplished. Cutler accomplished nothing, so you talk about his potential.

With Cutler in particular there was a phenomenon where the line between his potential and what he accomplished was blurred. You could just imagine how great he can be when he put it all together, so he WAS great! Bronco fans bought in to it. I admit, I did. That's why I buried my head when I saw all the signs that he had a lot of growing up to do on the field as well as off. Plenty of Bronco fans did. Plenty of Bronco fans still are.

People lifting their heads out of the sand now aren't flip flopping. First of all, no one could foresee Cutler's petulance and immaturity coming to a head like this. Second of the only reason anyone kept their heads in the sand about him was because of what he could be as the Denver Broncos QB in the future, and now he's gone. No reason to keep your head in the sand anymore.

I guess some people feel it's important to keep their head in the sand for the sake of "consistency" and sticking to your guns. If so, have at it. It's going to be real fun for you to commiserate endlessly and pin every growing pain the Broncos have in the near future on this trade, I'm sure.

Northman
04-04-2009, 05:39 PM

Not really. But when you start to see a player for who he really is it does make you wonder how good he really is. Cutler has all the talent in the world phyically. But maturity wise he has the skillset of a 3 year old. Orton may not have all the physical attributes that Jay has but is worlds better maturation wise.

Atwater His Ass
04-04-2009, 06:21 PM
This is not about his skill set or talent. It's about him showing his characture and mentality as a leader.

This goes beyond Cutler. It's about our coaches inexperience dealing with this situation. Obviously, McD needs to learn how to deal with adversity.

Bottom line is we just let a 25 year old top 5 QB talent walk out the door. This is unheard of in the NFL. Does that raise any flags with you about how things are being done in Dove Valley?

Spin it however you want, but that is something to be upset about and shakes my faith of how this organization will be ran going forward. Choose to be blind if you want, but it's very concerning to me.

04-04-2009, 06:37 PM
Bottom line is we just let a 25 year old top 5 QB talent walk out the door. This is unheard of in the NFL. Does that raise any flags with you about how things are being done in Dove Valley?

Spin it however you want, but that is something to be upset about and shakes my faith of how this organization will be ran going forward. Choose to be blind if you want, but it's very concerning to me.

This is all that really needs to be said.

The Broncos will be lucky to get someone close to Cutler's ability under center in the next decade.

colonelbeef
04-04-2009, 06:40 PM
This goes beyond Cutler. It's about our coaches inexperience dealing with this situation. Obviously, McD needs to learn how to deal with adversity.

Unfortunately I agree. I eventually will get there, but currently I am unable to bring myself to see the positives of this move

Broncos4tw
04-04-2009, 06:43 PM
It's sorta amusing to hear how horrible Jay is. Bad work ethic, no one liked him, he sulked, poor leader, etc. ad naseum.

Reality: He is a gunslinger akin to Favre. He is a braggart more than he ought to be, based on what he hasn't accomplished yet. He was incredibly petulant during the trade talks, and listened to his agent far too much.

As far as his QB skills go, he is a natural athlete, who can do many things your average QB cannot do. He throws very fast, accurate passes. He scrambles incredibly well, and can throw on the run with amazing accuracy. He IS a leader. He lets receivers and other players know when they screwed up. When he screws up, he doesn't go sit by himself ala Griese, he does not let him affect him. He goes out performs.

He is head and shoulders above our new QB. When it comes down to brass tacks, all that matters is what happens on the field. And he gets it done. So the ridiculous accusations that Jay is a 'bad' QB are just laughable. I don't know why so many folks are ready to toss him under the bus, when McD hasn't won a single game for us.

I'm ready to embrace the future, as tenuous as it seems. I'll even support McD once I get over the fact that I feel he is utterly ripping this team apart. People keep saying "He is going to make it better!" Proof is in the pudding. His words so far mean nothing to me.

elsid13
04-04-2009, 06:43 PM

orton reported because he needed to pass the physical, just like Cutler did. There was nothing special about when he arrived.

Spider
04-04-2009, 06:46 PM
He still could have waited until the next day

DBroncos4life
04-04-2009, 06:46 PM

I doubt that but you guys can go ahead and keep saying that. He is going to have a D that is giving up about 9 less points per game then what he had here. Pressure is having to score a TD on four drives and get in field goal range for another one. As a team we cause 15 total turnovers. The Bears had 22 INTs alone. They had 30 total turnovers 15 more then we did as a team.

Plummer was forced to make things happen when he was in AZ and he had very poor stats because of it. Cutler will improve with a D around him just like Plummer did when he came to Denver.

barryr
04-04-2009, 06:47 PM
Oh no, the Broncos will never get a QB like Cutler again. Sure. He was so can't miss out of college he was taken behind both Young and Leinart. So many chickenlittles running around headless and not able to think and rationalize.

04-04-2009, 06:51 PM
Oh no, the Broncos will never get a QB like Cutler again.

The Broncos have had two franchise quarterbacks in the last 25 years.

The odds of finding another one IMMEDIATELY are not good. You would have to be SHOT WITH LUCK as a franchise for it to happen. It would be like the Chiefs fielding the #1 offense for the next five years after what happened in the Vermeil era. The odds are against it.

Spider
04-04-2009, 06:56 PM

The odds of finding another one IMMEDIATELY are not good. You would have to be SHOT WITH LUCK as a franchise for it to happen. It would be like the Chiefs fielding the #1 offense for the next five years after what happened in the Vermeil era. The odds are against it.

LOL what does Chief fan know of a franchise QB ? seriously

DBroncos4life
04-04-2009, 06:56 PM

Its harder then people think but it can be done. I can live with a QB half as talented then Cutler with the O that we have right now. Rhett Bomar in the third wouldn't be bad. He has some talent.

GoBroncos84
04-04-2009, 06:59 PM
It's sorta amusing to hear how horrible Jay is. Bad work ethic, no one liked him, he sulked, poor leader, etc. ad naseum.

Reality: He is a gunslinger akin to Favre. He is a braggart more than he ought to be, based on what he hasn't accomplished yet. He was incredibly petulant during the trade talks, and listened to his agent far too much.

As far as his QB skills go, he is a natural athlete, who can do many things your average QB cannot do. He throws very fast, accurate passes. He scrambles incredibly well, and can throw on the run with amazing accuracy. He IS a leader. He lets receivers and other players know when they screwed up. When he screws up, he doesn't go sit by himself ala Griese, he does not let him affect him. He goes out performs.

He is head and shoulders above our new QB. When it comes down to brass tacks, all that matters is what happens on the field. And he gets it done. So the ridiculous accusations that Jay is a 'bad' QB are just laughable. I don't know why so many folks are ready to toss him under the bus, when McD hasn't won a single game for us.

I'm ready to embrace the future, as tenuous as it seems. I'll even support McD once I get over the fact that I feel he is utterly ripping this team apart. People keep saying "He is going to make it better!" Proof is in the pudding. His words so far mean nothing to me.

I agree completely

elsid13
04-04-2009, 07:03 PM
He still could have waited until the next day

I believe both teams sent jets to go get their new QBs. It wasn't a big deal.

Spider
04-04-2009, 07:08 PM
I believe both teams sent jets to go get their new QBs. It wasn't a big deal.

the broncos have a faster jet then the bears ?

elsid13
04-04-2009, 07:09 PM
the broncos have a faster jet then the bears ?

Both QB arrived at their city about the same time. It is not a big deal.

Spider
04-04-2009, 07:11 PM
Both QB arrived at their city about the same time. It is not a big deal.

Tenn is closer .......

barryr
04-04-2009, 07:14 PM

Sorry chiefyboy, but you have me confused with someone who actually gives a **** what you post :curtsey:

Let's see, I remember posts last year from you about "Thigpen is better than Cutler." And now that Cutler is gone, he's now a "franshise QB." You're a fraud and a fake, not to mention a dullard.

DenverBrit
04-04-2009, 07:25 PM

LOL That's why you're a Chiefs fan.

summerdenver
04-04-2009, 07:26 PM

There is more than one way to win games in nfl and looks like Broncos have chosen a model where they will try to win games with a good overall team and not depend on a great QB.

I am confident that they can be a playoff caliber team thru this model (afterall 1/3rd of teams go to playoffs every year). I have my own doubts if they can win a SB with this model. We will wait and see.

DenverBrit
04-04-2009, 07:30 PM
Cutler was fine, but has a drunken hamster running around in a wheel inside his head.
Orton will be a lesser talent, but a winner by comparison and a much better locker room guy and leader.

enjolras
04-04-2009, 07:36 PM
What is the assessment that Cutler is a 'franchise QB' BASED on exactly?

Rock Chalk
04-04-2009, 07:41 PM

I think this year is going to tell us a lot about Jay Cutler.

He will not have one of the best offensive lines in football anymore.

He will not have a top 3 WR tandem anymore.

He will not have his lover at TE anymore.

He will not have an offensive minded coach anymore.

He will be playing against a much tougher set of defenses weekly.

So I think the whole league is going to find out just how good, or average, or bad Cutler really is.

Now, consider Orton's position: He will have one of the best offensive lines in the league, one of the best wr tandems in the league, at least a decent PC TE in Graham and possibly may have Sheffler if no one bites or we cant move him. Plus Stokely and a bevy of RBs out of the backfield to help with checkdowns.

His run game wont be as effective overall probably, but then again it might. We still arent really sure what is going on with the RB position in Denver but it has traditionally been a strength. Add in Turn and Dennison were both retained and McD will be using a mix off zone and man blocking schemes, we may actually remain a strong run team.

Our defense will be better than it was last year. Already improved at Safety, already improved at every Defensive COaching position, we have got a great leader on the defense in Dawkins now so that should help with some of the lack of leadership we had. A plethora of Draft Picks are likely to be heavily slanted to the D side of the ball. Denver wont have a better D than Chicago but then, wont face better defenses either so Orton will have a chance to shine.

I dont think anyone here will argue who is more physically talented. Orton however, by all accounts, is a great field general and his teammates will go to war for him.

Its hard to say what will happen. Orton has a chance to prove he is better than what Chicago thougth they had and, Cutler has a chance to prove it isnt just the system he was in that made him a great QB. I think Cutler is going to both do well and struggle. He is going to find out just how tough the NFL is when you dont have an all world offensive line. And he will learn REALLY quickly that in Chicago, QB will always be second fiddle to the Defense.

Ratboy
04-04-2009, 07:57 PM
Jay Cutler will get talent around him during the draft. The Bears signed Orlando Pace recently. Greg Olsen is a good tight end in the receiving game. Matt Forte is a solid running and will give Cutler a consistant game.

Cutler just needs a receiver and he will be golden. Devin Hester isn't a bad option, but somebody like Marshall could do the Bears wonders.

The Bears will have a better record than us.

Inkana7
04-04-2009, 07:58 PM
Jay Cutler is a dick.

frerottenextelway
04-04-2009, 08:00 PM
I think peeps are going to find out that the QB makes the OL and receivers look a lot better or worse than they actually are.

Not that ours still isn't good, but there's several plays that come to mind last season that were all QB and would've been sacks, safeties, or end of drives with a Griese or Orton type behind center.

04-04-2009, 08:15 PM
Sorry chiefyboy, but you have me confused with someone who actually gives a **** what you post :curtsey:

Let's see, I remember posts last year from you about "Thigpen is better than Cutler." And now that Cutler is gone, he's now a "franshise QB." You're a fraud and a fake, not to mention a dullard.

Ha. Thigpen sucks. I thought he was garbage from the beginning.

And I've liked Cutler since his rookie season.

We done here?

Atwater His Ass
04-04-2009, 08:42 PM
Oh no, the Broncos will never get a QB like Cutler again. Sure. He was so can't miss out of college he was taken behind both Young and Leinart. So many chickenlittles running around headless and not able to think and rationalize.

You realize that your logic only supports the argument that Cutler should not have been traded right?:wave:

watermock
04-04-2009, 09:21 PM
Unbelievable.

The only thing good about this is we managed to get somewhat decent value after Bowlen stuck his foot in his mouth.

It's the first thing this joke of a FO has done this offseason, and even that was an epic fail.

Saying Cutler wasn't a sure thing by saying Leinart and Young were taken first? WTF is that supposed to mean?

Nothing is a sure thing till they take the field.

Cutler went to the probowl because Favre sucked and Brady was injured. He went via default. Is it his fault? Did he rig the voting? BTW, people thought we had the division wrapped up by the time they voted, otherwise Rivers would of went.

And the idiots that keep insisting this is about money, it's not! McIdiot gave Cook an excuse to request as trade because Cutler was unhappy FOR WHATEVER REASON. That's doing his Job, and perhaps it's Jay's fault for letting Cook talk FOR him. If I were his agent, I would of done the same thing.

The fault is with the FO.

Archer81
04-04-2009, 09:40 PM
17 wins for sweet baby Jay. Franchise QB's win. End of story.

:Broncos:

Hulamau
04-04-2009, 11:28 PM

Not a good start.

Thanks for the rehash of your position Bus Cook! It s so nice to see this was all on McD and Jay was an innocent victim in all this. What a joke!

~Crash~
04-04-2009, 11:33 PM
I want a new avitar to the guys with touch please help I want a broncos horse head on his chest ...lol

~Crash~
04-04-2009, 11:35 PM
we should be easly with in drafting distance with our pick next year

~Crash~
04-04-2009, 11:38 PM
let it go .................................................. ....................

I really do want some one in here to help out I do want that avitar. thanks

Bronco X
04-05-2009, 12:00 AM
It's not that Cutler is bad... he's just not as good as he's been labeled. All his labels that have stuck are based on potential, not what he's done. He's a "Pro Bowl QB". So was Brian Griese. He's a "Franchise QB". Based on what? Him putting up numbers when surrounded by great talent? His ability to make some dazzling throws that few others can make? Being a franchise QB is more than that. He never took over games or willed the team to victory. Maybe he'd develop that skill, but we don't know. People just assumed he would. I'm not going to anymore. All my hopes for Jay Cutler were based on what he might become, not what he did. Let the Bears fans take over looking forward to what Cutler might do anytime but now. I'm not going to cry over losing someone who brought zero pride and zero glory to this franchise in three years because I think he might have been something.

~Crash~
04-05-2009, 12:03 AM
boom there goes you sole lol

Kaylore
04-05-2009, 12:15 AM
Cutler is more talented and more physically gifted than Orton will ever be. If Orton works the rest of his life and Cutler never tries to improve again I don't think Orton will ever be able to do the things that Cutler can.

That said, Cutler showed a lot about who he is this last few months. He's immature, he's not a leader and he isn't a great people-person. Having your daddy hand in your playbook, badmouthing the fans on your way out of town, and then going on NFL total access and not denying you asked for a trade after Bates was fired. (Weren't the Cutler apologists standing on this supposed "lie" like it made anything else the front office said invalid?) Most of all, he didn't want to be here. We have someone who does. What's to say Cutler won't have a cow if the Bears don't give him a new contract soon? Or how will he act when Ryan Clady and Ryan Harris aren't blocking for him anymore?

bronco610
04-05-2009, 12:18 AM
Cutler is more talented and more physically gifted than Orton will ever be. If Orton works the rest of his life and Cutler never tries to improve again I don't think Orton will ever be able to do the things that Cutler can.

That said, Cutler showed a lot about who he is this last few months. He's immature, he's not a leader and he isn't a great people-person. Having your daddy hand in your playbook, badmouthing the fans on your way out of town, and then going on NFL total access and not denying you asked for a trade after Bates was fired. (Weren't the Cutler apologists standing on this supposed "lie" like it made anything else the front office said invalid?) Most of all, he didn't want to be here. We have someone who does. What's to say Cutler won't have a cow if the Bears don't give him a new contract soon? Or how will he act when Ryan Clady and Ryan Harris aren't blocking for him anymore?

Exactly !!

Bronco X
04-05-2009, 12:28 AM

Very true. But with that said "the things Cutler can do" has been overvalued. He can zip the ball into tight spaces, and sometimes that leads to plays being made that wouldn't be there for anyone else. But it's also led to bad decisions. If Orton never even attempts those throws, is that a bad thing? He's not making the bad throws either.

Well said.

~Crash~
04-05-2009, 12:33 AM

like how sims

I bet you want williams last year insted of clady . nice try .

I was in a sea of williams is way better than clady golly ge he is in the SECC . I kept to the idea of Clady . Williams might be a great player i hope he is . I hope the best for the bears . let it go .

lod01
04-05-2009, 08:36 AM
As an FF owner of Marshall and Royal, Cutler was a superstar. As an NFL QB, he's Medusa....a QB that stares down his primary read until he unleashes his gun. If he didn't have that gun, he would be Kyle Boller.

Captain 'Dre
04-05-2009, 09:03 AM
It's not that Cutler is bad... he's just not as good as he's been labeled. .

Jay is a tremendously physically talented guy with deficits in leadership, maturity and decision making.

End of story.

colonelbeef
04-05-2009, 09:15 AM
As an FF owner of Marshall and Royal, Cutler was a superstar. As an NFL QB, he's Medusa....a QB that stares down his primary read until he unleashes his gun. If he didn't have that gun, he would be Kyle Boller.

Uh, Kyle Boller is known for having an absolute gun. Methinks you are not nearly as educated on the subject of quarterbacking as you think you are

chadta
04-05-2009, 09:15 AM
Orton is a average QB, the offense will not be very exciting to watch at all anymore. Until we find the franchise QB again hopefully it will not take another decade.

matt freakin cassel is an average qb, but he has a brain, and a system, how many games did he win last year ?

how many games did franchise jay win ?

its over people move on or move out, i hear its not to late to hop on the bears bandwagon

colonelbeef
04-05-2009, 09:16 AM
Jay is a tremendously physically talented guy with deficits in leadership, maturity and decision making.

End of story.

Yeah. Good thing we won't have him around to mature and dominate with. I'd sure hate to see a 27 or 28 year old Cutler leading a team.

colonelbeef
04-05-2009, 09:17 AM
matt freakin cassel is an average qb, but he has a brain, and a system, how many games did he win last year ?

how many games did franchise jay win ?

its over people move on or move out, i hear its not to late to hop on the bears bandwagon

How ****ing stupid do you have to be to blame last year's Broncos record on anything other than the defense? Really stupid or really really stupid?

When the Bears win 11-12 games this year, will he suddenly have improved by 4 wins, or will he simply be playing with a slightly better all around team that needed a QB?

Spider
04-05-2009, 09:35 AM
How ****ing stupid do you have to be to blame last year's Broncos record on anything other than the defense? Really stupid or really really stupid?

When the Bears win 11-12 games this year, will he suddenly have improved by 4 wins, or will he simply be playing with a slightly better all around team that needed a QB?

;D thats a stretch about the Bears , their defense was slightly better then ours , but their offensive line was alot worse , yes alot of our problems last year was on defense , but also power running ....the Bears are not that good of a team + you Have Arron Rogers in Green bay ...........

Kaylore
04-05-2009, 09:43 AM
like how sims
I don't even know what this means. It's not a complete sentence.

No I didn't. I didn't think we'd even have a shot at Clady. Not sure how that's relevant and I don't understand the "nice try" comment either. Nice try at what?

I was in a sea of williams is way better than clady golly ge he is in the SECC . I kept to the idea of Clady . Williams might be a great player i hope he is . I hope the best for the bears . let it go .
Let what go? Cutler? I have moved on. He was dead to me the moment he didn't report for workouts. This thread is discussing something and I made a post on subject. And apparently other people found it relevant and appreciated it so I will continue to post as I please. You would be served learning to finish your thoughts in complete sentences.

Tombstone RJ
04-05-2009, 10:00 AM

I love Spongebob!

Spider
04-05-2009, 10:02 AM
I love Spongebob!
;D he is alright , i enjoy the Penguins of Madagascar better though ......

Tombstone RJ
04-05-2009, 10:05 AM
like how sims

I don't remember that. I do remember that many, including myself, thought Williams was a safer pick. I think peope knew Clady was more talented, had better feet and knew the system, but just weren't sure if could come in and produce like he did.

In the end, Clady proved to be the best pick of the draft from a value and production stand point. He flat out rocked. He had a chip on his shoulder, and he Randy Mossed his rookie season.

Captain 'Dre
04-05-2009, 11:11 AM
Yeah. Good thing we won't have him around to mature and dominate with. I'd sure hate to see a 27 or 28 year old Cutler leading a team.

Yeah. Ryan Leaf sure turned it around, just like Jay will, eh?

colonelbeef
04-05-2009, 11:43 AM
Yeah. Ryan Leaf sure turned it around, just like Jay will, eh?

Turn what around? He needs to improve on 4500 yards and 25 td's with a pro bowl appearance to prove what? You ever watch football son?

Archer81
04-05-2009, 08:16 PM
Turn what around? He needs to improve on 4500 yards and 25 td's with a pro bowl appearance to prove what? You ever watch football son?

More wins would have been good...Thats just me though.

:Broncos:

Captain 'Dre
06-18-2009, 09:19 PM

I'm talkin' hissy fits and tossing teammates beneath the bus, gramps.

THAT's what he needs to "turn around" if he's not going to go up in flames.

Not that any of us care these days if he crashes and burns.

Spider
06-18-2009, 09:40 PM

Not really , there was plenty of grumbling about Cutler in the redzone ..... But even though Cutler is gone I still dont think Rivers is better then him ......

Northman
06-18-2009, 09:57 PM

Talent wise Jay is head and shoulders above Orton. However, character wise its the other way around and when he got exposed is when people got tired of his kiddie act. But yea, you can keep whining and crying about it if makes you feel better.

Northman
06-18-2009, 09:59 PM
Until he went mopey jay mode

qft

BroncoBuff
06-18-2009, 10:09 PM
So true ... most of the pro-management people here did 180's in two seconds flat, and immediately started stating opinions they themselves would have laughed people off the board for just days earlier. Can you imagine ... think about this: Can you imagine somebody saying in December, "we should fire Shanahan and hire that 32-year old offensive coordinator from the Patriots" ... he would have been universally howled off the board ... might've even been banned :~ohyah!:

But that's really what being a fan is all about ... that's why we can get excited over Tim Brown when we signed him to an offer sheet in the 90s, or why we like Neil Smith and Casey Weigmann, despite these guys being decade-long Raiders/Chefs. Backing the TEAM is what being a fan is all about, even when it makes no sense.

watermock
06-18-2009, 10:38 PM
Yet when Shanny finnaly got a team that could f=draft, (excluding the Clarett/Walker fiascos,), we dump them for the king of spygate.

Now we have Lindsey Jones and X-man and Bowlen wandering around like Al Davis.

Even Weigman had to complain. We have a 280- lb late rounder to take his place?

It's just like our 6 of 9 picks on offense, 3 probowlers on o, all in contract disputes.

Our highest paid player has his balls hanging by a thread.

The only reason Vegas has us a 7 wins is because of our division.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
06-18-2009, 10:58 PM
Yet when Shanny finnaly got a team that could f=draft, (excluding the Clarett/Walker fiascos,), we dump them for the king of spygate.

Now we have Lindsey Jones and X-man and Bowlen wandering around like Al Davis.

Even Weigman had to complain. We have a 280- lb late rounder to take his place?

It's just like our 6 of 9 picks on offense, 3 probowlers on o, all in contract disputes.

Our highest paid player has his balls hanging by a thread.

The only reason Vegas has us a 7 wins is because of our division.

preach brother preach.

Blueflame
06-18-2009, 11:00 PM
So true ... most of the pro-management people here did 180's in two seconds flat, and immediately started stating opinions they themselves would have laughed people off the board for just days earlier. Can you imagine ... think about this: Can you imagine somebody saying in December, "we should fire Shanahan and hire that 32-year old offensive coordinator from the Patriots" ... he would have been universally howled off the board ... might've even been banned :~ohyah!:

But that's really what being a fan is all about ... that's why we can get excited over Tim Brown when we signed him to an offer sheet in the 90s, or why we like Neil Smith and Casey Weigmann, despite these guys being decade-long Raiders/Chefs. Backing the TEAM is what being a fan is all about, even when it makes no sense.

Um... I absolutely hated Dale Carter... perhaps even more so when he was soiling my beloved orange n' blue than when he was wearing the "ketchup and mustard".... and the fact that Steve Atwater was let go so that we could acquire him added insult to injury.

Broncos4tw
06-18-2009, 11:56 PM
From which orifice do some of you pull this crap out of?

Orton has a better work ethic? Where in the hell did you get that? OH.. by how fast he flew out and reported in? You have got to be kidding me. He is an AVERAGE qb playing for the Broncos. You better believe he is going to try to make himself look good.

We'll see how his work ethic is in a year.

Jay has always worked hard for this team. If he had problems, it was a bit of a gunslinger mentality (coachable), and a tendency to fling blame around. That's it. He gets diagnosed with diabetes, and he gets MADE FUN OF because of it? There are some sick f-cks on this board. When I was here a few years back, this was a classier place. Now I see racism, stupid ass crass comments about a QB playing through a disease, and more.

Jay was always a solid player in my books, and I think the team made a huge blunder by signing him off. And they will make another huge blunder if they do it again with Marshall. If the players realize our coaching staff and front office have no spine, we're screwed.

I've never seen such an amount of wild, unsubstantiated support for a QB and a coach, when neither has done jack-crap for our team. I was even critical of Elway his first couple of years. But once it became clear he was serious about his job, I was behind him 100%. I'll do the same for Orton and McD.. if they earn it. I'm not going to taut how awesome they are though, when they haven't done crap, and berate Jay, who HAS worked hard for this team. Some of you just boggle my mind.

Taco John
06-19-2009, 01:44 AM
Did anyone ever find out what kind of candy Jay handed out for Halloween?

Blueflame
06-19-2009, 01:58 AM

Didn't the new Broncos FO announce that he stiffed the kiddos in order to go out drinking instead? :P

watermock
06-19-2009, 02:27 AM
http://www.deadspin.com/assets/resources/2006/08/deadspinhalloffameortonbig.jpg.

_Oro_
06-19-2009, 06:41 AM
Jay's first year... Rookie thrown to the wolves, mistakes are going to be made. Jay's second year... Untreated diabetes... can forgive his mistakes, Jay's third year... Why is he still making the same mistakes and acting like a rookie? Jay in the pro-bowl... obviously diabetes does affect his game when the weather is hot and humid.

That aside... Watching Jay as a Bronco was like a wet dream. As soon as you get to the good part you wake up and realize none of it was real. We all were desperately waiting for Jay to realize his potential and if he were still a Bronco we'd all still be hoping he does. Now that he's not a Bronco I will definitely be pissed if he blossoms in to the quarterback he should be. If he goes on to have a Favre-like career where he wins 1 SB and throws a million interceptions I could live with that. If he goes on to suck because of his attitude or diabetes then chalk one up for McD and crew.

TonyR
06-19-2009, 06:53 AM
Watching Jay as a Bronco was like a wet dream. As soon as you get to the good part you wake up and realize none of it was real. We all were desperately waiting for Jay to realize his potential and if he were still a Bronco we'd all still be hoping he does.

Agree. He never was what we wanted him to be. Some of us have realized this, some haven't. For me, when he started acting like an idiot and got traded I didn't have to make excuses for him any more. I just don't think the kid is a winner or a leader. And he never will be.

broncofan7
06-19-2009, 07:24 AM
Agree. He never was what we wanted him to be. Some of us have realized this, some haven't. For me, when he started acting like an idiot and got traded I didn't have to make excuses for him any more. I just don't think the kid is a winner or a leader. And he never will be.

I agree that he was NEVER very good in post game press conferences, especially after a loss, but he will make the playoffs this year if Chicago stays relatively healthy......And Matt Forte is going to be a top 3 fantasy RB this year b/c of Cutler's presence as well.......

oubronco
06-19-2009, 07:25 AM
And what in the hell would you know about ****ing anything that isnt plastic ?

He claims he has orgies with Mary Palm and her four daughters

TonyR
06-19-2009, 07:28 AM
...but he will make the playoffs this year if Chicago stays relatively healthy...

Very possible, wouldn't surprise me. It's going to be interesting to watch and see how it all plays out.

kamakazi_kal
06-19-2009, 07:58 AM
The reason I'm pissed about losing Cutler was in reality this will be only his 3rd full season as a starter. So for people to state he sucks, he's never going to be good and all that is just retarted.

I hear all this crap about a bad leader and all that but let's just step back and understand dude is like what 25 years old. You can grow into being a good leader for your team. As well as maturity.

If you look at what happened to his numbers from his first full year to his second full year and consider he played with full blown unknown betus (his fault I know)....... I mean cmon how can you not think this guy is special.

People want to try and pin every loss on him just like they try and pin every win the Bears had on Orton. That's just not the way the game works. Let's face facts here the Bear's are a better team with Cutler. Theirs a reason Lovie Smith traded so much and basicly got rid of the Orton/Grossman issue. The QB position was always considered the weak point of that team.

Now before you bash I'm not saying Orton can't do a good job here. I've watched Orton play allot. My best friend is a Bears fan. My opinion is that your going to have as many "cmon really" moments with Orton as we did with Cutler ..... Difference being that I don't think Orton can go out and take over a game and be a game changer.

I think everyone gets all pissy and takes it personal because the guy wanted out. In truth we don't really know why he wanted out I personally think he didn't trust in his coach or the front office anymore. We can only guess .... Cutler will have one version and the FO will spin their version.

At that point it becomes a PR battle and I think it becomes very easy to side with the FO. Really do you think Cutler hates you? do you think he hates all the Denver fans and just wanted to get away from them? You can call him a crybaby and all that but the fact remains he got what he wanted.

If you ask me that makes him one smart crybaby.

HAT
06-19-2009, 08:32 AM
Cutler's a top 3 talent in the NFL...

At what?

(Serious question)

TonyR
06-19-2009, 08:41 AM
I hear all this crap about a bad leader and all that but let's just step back and understand dude is like what 25 years old. You can grow into being a good leader for your team. As well as maturity.

I think you can mature and get "better" but I don't think you grow into being a winner or a leader. I think you either are or you aren't. It's something you're born with. Jay is very talented and can be an effective QB in the NFL, and probably will be, but I don't think he carries himself like a leader and winner. That's just not who or what he is, it's not his personality. We'll see this coming season how he does when he faces some adversity. Maybe he'll prove me wrong.

TonyR
06-19-2009, 08:49 AM
At what?

He may be a top 3 talent, but he's certainly not a top 3 QB.

Cito Pelon
06-19-2009, 08:54 AM

Actually, Jay got drunk, heated up dollar coins in a frying pan and told the little kiddies to hold out their hand for a treat. Generous guy.

chawknz
06-19-2009, 09:08 AM
I'll let you know towards the end of this upcoming season.

Captain 'Dre
06-19-2009, 09:34 AM
I think you can mature and get "better" but I don't think you grow into being a winner or a leader. I think you either are or you aren't. It's something you're born with. Jay is very talented and can be an effective QB in the NFL, and probably will be, but I don't think he carries himself like a leader and winner. That's just not who or what he is, it's not his personality. We'll see this coming season how he does when he faces some adversity. Maybe he'll prove me wrong.

Which is exactly why he's so often compared with Jeff George.

People see Jay's physical talent and just assume the rest of it will automatically come together. It won't.

Not saying it's impossible that Jay will grow up, but frankly,the odds are against it.

Traveler
06-19-2009, 10:23 AM
Is Cutler really that bad?

No.

He's physically gifted and has above average intelligence for a player at his position. I don't recall anyone actually saying that Orton was better than Cutler. Just that he didn't do much as far as making folks around him better and his won-loss record doesn't match his statistics. Correct me if I'm wrong.

While it would have been nice to see what he could do in the NE type offense, he made it clear that he didn't want to be here. Taking an educated guess here, but most folks complaints about Cutler concerned his immaturity, cockiness, and decision making when things mattered most.

For all his physical talent, his negative behaviors run completely against the good he can do. The Jeff Geoge comparisons, thus far, are valid with respect to him possibly being a head case. Leaders don't whine and moan, especially publically. That's the main area where Jay needs improvement.

Hopefully, he's learned from this situation, because at this point in time, he's cemented his image around the league as a guy who will bitch and moan if things don't go his way. The Chargers may have had him pegged right. "BIG BABY!"

Makes you wonder what other teams actually knew about his personality the year he was drafted. On physical ability alone, he should have been the first QB selected in 2006.

He's now in Chicago, so as far as I'm concerned, he's nobody to me since he's no longer a Bronco.

Woulda (been nice to see him and McDaniels work together), shoulda (been able to man up and work things out) , coulda (done some nice things in the new offensive scheme), but didn't (want to be here).

Good ridddance and good luck with your new team Jay!

cmhargrove
06-19-2009, 10:47 AM
Lots of sour grapes here. Cutler is a great talent, but still has one great maturity leap to overcome (as identified by others). I think in the long run, he just trusted himself over the team, and didn't feel comfortable dumping the ball off to others (for first downs instead of TD's).

If he learns this (which he might with Olsen and Forte), he will have a much better winning percentage.

I look at Kerry Collins (in his present maturity). In his younger years, he used to air it out and throw INT's like we expect from Jay. But, he has learned lately to be a game manager, and let the team win. It also can't be overlooked that the Titans have a great run game and defense, but I think you get the point.

Jay is just a small leap from greatness, but I don't know if his pride will keep him from getting there.

Anyone that says Jay sucks really is wearing the orange colored glasses. Jay is an incredible talent, I just don't know if he is a champion.

colonelbeef
06-19-2009, 02:45 PM
I don't think anybody thinks Orton has more talent than Jay Cutler. At least I hope they don't think that because that's ridiculous. But I do think many are seeing that he's not really what we were hoping he'd be.

If it was up to you, Peyton Manning would have been off the Colts before his 3rd year. You don't make these kinds of statements 2 years into a QB's career. Your line of thinking is atrocious at best.

colonelbeef
06-19-2009, 02:47 PM
From which orifice do some of you pull this crap out of?

Orton has a better work ethic? Where in the hell did you get that? OH.. by how fast he flew out and reported in? You have got to be kidding me. He is an AVERAGE qb playing for the Broncos. You better believe he is going to try to make himself look good.

We'll see how his work ethic is in a year.

Jay has always worked hard for this team. If he had problems, it was a bit of a gunslinger mentality (coachable), and a tendency to fling blame around. That's it. He gets diagnosed with diabetes, and he gets MADE FUN OF because of it? There are some sick f-cks on this board. When I was here a few years back, this was a classier place. Now I see racism, stupid ass crass comments about a QB playing through a disease, and more.

Jay was always a solid player in my books, and I think the team made a huge blunder by signing him off. And they will make another huge blunder if they do it again with Marshall. If the players realize our coaching staff and front office have no spine, we're screwed.

I've never seen such an amount of wild, unsubstantiated support for a QB and a coach, when neither has done jack-crap for our team. I was even critical of Elway his first couple of years. But once it became clear he was serious about his job, I was behind him 100%. I'll do the same for Orton and McD.. if they earn it. I'm not going to taut how awesome they are though, when they haven't done crap, and berate Jay, who HAS worked hard for this team. Some of you just boggle my mind.

Wow, someone is actually thinking on the mane, incredible. Thoughtful, sane, legible post. Jay Cutler is going to make a lot of people here and across the country look, sound, and feel incredibly stupid

BearMan18
06-19-2009, 03:17 PM
He may be a top 3 talent, but he's certainly not a top 3 QB.

Agreed.

Cutler has a lot of developing his maturity level to undergo. Our city is already starting to loathe his attitude.

Top 3 QBs:

Orton
Manning
Brady (if recovered from injury)

TonyR
06-19-2009, 04:06 PM
If it was up to you, Peyton Manning would have been off the Colts before his 3rd year. You don't make these kinds of statements 2 years into a QB's career. Your line of thinking is atrocious at best.

Yes, because that 13-3 record he put up his second year SUCKED!

Come on, colonelgenius, if you can't tell the difference between Peyton Manning and Jay Cutler then you're in way over your head in this discussion.

TonyR
06-19-2009, 04:08 PM
Top 3 QBs:

Orton
Manning
Brady (if recovered from injury)

How dare you even put another QB's name on the same level as Kyle Orton. It's like this:

Orton
Manning
Brady
Simms
Brandstater
all other NFL QB's
all other CFL QB's
Plummer
Cutler

rastaman
06-19-2009, 04:09 PM

Its way to early to tell what type of QB Cutler will be at this stage in his career. When it comes to Orton he hasn't shown "JACK" and already you Orton aplogist are making excuses for the journeyman QB. From Orton has played with lousy talent to a conservative offense while in Chicago.

Can't wait for the excuses the Orton fans will make when the season starts. And we haven't even started hearing the excuses the McD fans will have for him as well. Face it TonyR Kyle Orton is an ENCUBATOR QB who has cement feet. Orton will prove overwhelmingly that he'll need to be surrounded by robust talent to perhaps lead a team to the playoffs.

Oh, and in case you didn't get the Memo......NFL coaches in their 30's historically don't win in the NFL!!!

BearMan18
06-19-2009, 04:10 PM
How dare you even put another QB's name on the same level as Kyle Orton. It's like this:

Orton
Manning
Brady
Simms
Brandstater
all other NFL QB's
all other CFL QB's
Plummer
Cutler

Simms? Who's Brandstater?

I'm gonna have to disagree. In my opinion, Drew Brees clearly belongs below Brady. Please try and take your homer glasses off so we can have a serious discussion.

rastaman
06-19-2009, 04:11 PM
Yes, because that 13-3 record he put up his second year SUCKED!

Come on, colonelgenius, if you can't tell the difference between Peyton Manning and Jay Cutler then you're in way over your head in this discussion.

Come on, "O'Brite" One! If you can't tell nor see the difference between Cutler and Orton then you've been living under a rock!

BearMan18
06-19-2009, 04:13 PM
Come on, "O'Brite" One! If you can't tell nor see the difference between Cutler and Orton then you've been living under a rock!

Agreed.

One wins. One loses.

One is healthy, as depicted by the glorious neckbeard. One is battling his insulin.

Spider
06-19-2009, 04:17 PM
Talent level ,Cutler is far better , but Orton is a far better QB .......

TonyR
Oh, and in case you didn't get the Memo......NFL coaches in their 30's historically don't win in the NFL!!!

rasta, you must have smoked some bad ganja. Young coaches have done pretty well. Mike Tomlin is the most recent example. Have you heard of him? Gruden won a Super Bowl in his 30's. I don't think it's really about age.

Spider
I just wish Shanny was here to coach Orton ......

rastaman
06-19-2009, 04:34 PM
rasta, you must have smoked some bad ganja. Young coaches have done pretty well. Mike Tomlin is the most recent example. Have you heard of him? Gruden won a Super Bowl in his 30's. I don't think it's really about age.

You must have been doing "Lines of Coke" b/c I did say historically. Also, where's Gruden right now??? Gruden won the SB with Toney Dungy's players!! And Tomlin is an abberation at best. Tomlin was placed into a "Turn-Key" opportinunity as a HC. The Steelers already has a system set up from top to bottom and is a well run Organization. Thanks for cherry picking and comparing apples and oranges.

Unlike McD, when Tomlin arrived in Pittsburgh....his first order of business was not to shop "Rothlisburger" around for a possible trade! The Steeler owner "Rooney" would have squashed that BS immediately, rather than sit back and do nothing like Bowlen did.

Bowlen as an owner does not = The ownership acumen of the Mr. Rooney.

TonyR
06-19-2009, 04:41 PM
Unlike McD...

Bowlen as an owner does not...

So let's see, you hate the new QB, the head coach, and the owner. Anybody else we should scratch off your list? Probably most of the draft picks and FA signings, too? It appears as if there's not much left here in Bronco country for the likes of you. So much energy extended hating on the team you're supposedly a fan of while supporting the former QB who didn't want to play for the team any more. What are you going to do? How will you spend your Sundays?

BearMan18
06-19-2009, 04:45 PM
So let's see, you hate the new QB, the head coach, and the owner. Anybody else we should scratch off your list? Probably most of the draft picks and FA signings, too? It appears as if there's not much left here in Bronco country for the likes of you. So much energy extended hating on the team you're supposedly a fan of while supporting the former QB who didn't want to play for the team any more. What are you going to do? How will you spend your Sundays?

I'm guessing he'll be busy doing six inch squats with his boyfriend! :rofl:

elsid13
06-19-2009, 04:56 PM
I just wish Shanny was here to coach Orton ......

Shanahan had his QB and remember when he left - you would be crazy to break up this offense. It going to be really good for a long time.

rastaman
06-19-2009, 04:56 PM

So lets see here now, I showed you where you were comparing apples to oranges with 30 something coaches not winning in the NFL, and you question whether I'm a Bronco fan. For your information I'll always be a Bronco fan....I'm just not a gullible bronco fan like yourself!

Hey you had no answer for having dreams about how successful a 30 something unproven rookie HC will be as the Broncos head coach not to mention throwing your lott behind a journeyman cement footed QB.....sorry dude I just disagree with ya! Another thought, Bowlen and McD don't get a free pass and cart blanche treatment with the bonehead decisons they have made. They both are going to have to show they knew what the hell they were doing.

rastaman
06-19-2009, 04:58 PM

Hey Johnny come late "Chuckle Nuts" Gotta question for you....if you have nuts on your chest, what do have?????:welcome:

BearMan18
06-19-2009, 04:59 PM
Hey Johnny come late "Chuckle Nuts" Gotta question for you....if you have nuts on your chest, what do have?????:welcome:

Two homosexuals named rastaman and spider?

rastaman
06-19-2009, 05:05 PM

Oh so I see you're a homophobic Idiot.....so how long have you been a "Broke Back Moutain "Wide Receiver" who wears a "back brace" or are you a stealth-switch hitter? Come out the closet "Moron"!

BearMan18
06-19-2009, 05:06 PM
Oh so I see you're a homophobic Idiot.....so how long have you been a "Broke Back Moutain "Wide Receiver" who wears a "back brace" or are you a stealth-switch hitter? Come out the closet "Moron"!

We've obviously gotten off on the wrong foot. I'm sorry.

rastaman
06-19-2009, 05:08 PM
We've obviously gotten off on the wrong foot. I'm sorry.

Hey man its "FRIDAY" no harm no foul. We are just kidding each other.

BearMan18
06-19-2009, 05:09 PM
Hey man its "FRIDAY" no harm no foul. We are just kidding each other.

Sure thing homo.

rastaman
06-19-2009, 05:11 PM
Sure thing homo.

Thank you......Takes one to know one "Sugar Britches". :thumbsup:

BearMan18
06-19-2009, 05:12 PM
Thank you......Takes one to know one "Sugar Britches". :thumbsup:

Why are you PMing me nudes?

rastaman
06-19-2009, 05:17 PM
Why are you PMing me nudes?

Thats Kyle Orton not me. You're starting to get paranoid.....Aren't you supposed to be the life of the party tonight at "Broke Back" Hotel......hopefully your hamstrings are repaired, I understand you'll be "Bend-over" extraordinare tonight! ARE YOU READY for YOGI? ROFL!

BearMan18
06-19-2009, 05:18 PM
Thats Kyle Orton not me. You're starting to get paranoid.....Aren't you supposed to the life of the party tonight at "Broke Back" Hotel......hopefully your hamstrings are repaired, I understand you'll be "Bend-over" extraordinare tonight! ARE YOU READY for YOGI? ROFL!

Is that some Colorado humor I don't get? Or just not funny?

ORTONRULES
06-19-2009, 05:18 PM
Strange site you got here Taco. Between the weaked kneed fans and the closet homosexuals I'm having doubts that there is a man here that knows football.

Maybe your finesse style of football has gotten to you all.

rastaman
06-19-2009, 05:19 PM
Is that some Colorado humor I don't get? Or just not funny?

You don't get b/c you're a "Salad Tosser" its in your DNA!!! LOL

BearMan18
06-19-2009, 05:23 PM
You don't get b/c you're a "Salad Tosser" its in your DNA!!! LOL

But I'm the homophobic one...? Consider yourself reported to the mods. This stuff doesn't fly on family message boards.

rastaman
06-19-2009, 05:39 PM
But I'm the homophobic one...? Consider yourself reported to the mods. This stuff doesn't fly on family message boards.

Make sure you add your "Quote" that started it all!!!

Tell me something you hyprocrite coward does that comment from you belong on a "Family" message board????

ScottXray
06-19-2009, 05:46 PM
Wheres Casino royale when you need a REAL poster?

oubronco
06-19-2009, 05:46 PM

you better duck before you get a throat punch

BearMan18
06-19-2009, 05:47 PM
you better duck before you get a throat punch

I don't get it...

oubronco
06-19-2009, 05:48 PM
I don't get it...

tell that sh*t to spiders face

rastaman
06-19-2009, 05:53 PM
I don't get it...

You are a fine example of someone yelling "Fire-Fire" in a crowded auditorium and you later wonder why you're being brought up on charges!!!:~ohyah!:

~Crash~
06-19-2009, 10:44 PM
I dont think anyone thinks Orton is better than Cutler.

Cutler didnt want to play here though, so no love loss from this side

nope got ****ing wrong nice try tough .

DHallblows
06-19-2009, 11:03 PM
Wheres Casino royale when you need a REAL poster?

I'd take him over these two. He was equally dumb, but he at least understood football

Br0nc0Buster
06-20-2009, 12:00 AM
nope got ****ing wrong nice try tough .

what?

Hamrob
06-20-2009, 08:14 AM
I don't think anybody thinks Orton has more talent than Jay Cutler. At least I hope they don't think that because that's ridiculous. But I do think many are seeing that he's not really what we were hoping he'd be.Come on. The guy just finished his first 3yrs and is a star in the making. I can remember the same type of commentary surrounding Elway during his first few years...boy were we lucky that the broncos organization didn't listen to that crap then.

Orton will be a good QB. Cutler will be a great QB. That's the difference. System QB vs. Pure Talent.

If the draft happened tommorrow...who goes before the other...Orton or Cutler. Stupid question...so are the comparrisons.

jayman_37
06-20-2009, 08:38 AM
Did anyone see this on NFL network? It uses film to compare Cutler and Orton. what a novel concept. haha.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d810e8dde/32-in-32-Denver-Broncos (http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d810e8dde/32-in-32-Denver-Broncos)